AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > HayashiTakara's Profile > Albums > Art by Me

Notices

Picture 25 of 34 from Album Art by Me
Rough Draft for the Summer theme contest. These are original characters... 

Don't like the resolution, some detail got lost and I'm not sure if you can see the girl clearly... lemme know if thats the case.

Anyway, its a boy and girl playing in a river with a puppy. I'll leave it to your interpretation as to whats going on.
Rough Draft for the Summer theme contest. These are original characters...

Don't like the resolution, some detail got lost and I'm not sure if you can see the girl clearly... lemme know if thats the case.

Anyway, its a boy and girl playing in a river with a puppy. I'll leave it to your interpretation as to whats going on.
Picture Added 2008-06-24 17:43
Added by HayashiTakara

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Amirali
    2008-06-25 02:45
    Amirali
    The artwork is cute, especially the boy is really well drawn. I know it's a rough draft, but the girl's features look very generic and plain at this stage...
  2. HayashiTakara
    2008-06-25 02:53
    HayashiTakara
    Really? I actually like the girl XD

As for the boy, yeah I wanted to do make him tanned, to express that he's an outdoorsey type. Kinda like the wild child. And the girl, is more of the city girl, who's into trends and cutesy stuff.
  3. BleachOD
    2008-06-25 08:39
    BleachOD
    I disagree! I think the girl is REALLY CUTE. HT they are adorable! I really love it. Don't change her. The boy is cute I love both their expressions. I like her hair..his too. They are both cute but I like her the most

Her expression says ..She just got splashed and is mad as hell..

Or she wants them to wait because she's scared of water and trying to act brave...
  4. HayashiTakara
    2008-06-25 12:29
    HayashiTakara
    hehe its fun trying to figure out the scenario huh? XD I left it open to interpretation for that purpose.
  5. BleachOD
    2008-06-25 13:33
    BleachOD
    Listen I would tell you to straight. Since you asked...If you were going for summer. You did the job. It' makes me think of summers gone by. I live on Long Island and I live not too far from a state park with a lake. I spent a lot of summers the lake. It's horribly brown ...But we played in it any way. Built rafts and caught frogs. *I brought home frogs and snakes but my mom would never let me keep them* I am well known as animal lover, I have never not had a pet. Since I was 11 I always had dogs..one in particular made me chase his ass...EVERY SUMMER! I had to invent new ways to catch him because he'd never fall for the same thing twice. The only time he would behave is if I took him to the lake....He was scared of the horses and baths but that bastard would jump in the lake every time!

Sorry but this picture made me think of all that...It's very good

I had to chase him. He'd sometimes bite people...He did that a lot. But I paid for it...
    And I never had a dog under 80 lbs. (I hate small dogs. They live good but all they can do is yap at some evil-doer. They're useless)
  6. HayashiTakara
    2008-06-25 13:56
    HayashiTakara
    Glad it was able to invoke some childhood memories

The idea behind it is childhood innocence, so I'm glad that people are able to relate.
  7. HaNa-san
    2008-07-08 13:14
    HaNa-san
    so cute I love how you colored the water..and its values is so nice ^^ great job.. the boy seems like to tease the girl that's why she got angry with him XD
  8. cloak_and_dagger
    2008-07-30 07:11
    cloak_and_dagger
    After all the advice you gave me, i now see how awesome this pic really is!