PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Crisis! (light novel)

cyberdemon
2011-01-17, 20:54
A normal high school boy Kisaragi Ryuji's peaceful life is turned into an adventure by the return of his second cousin Eriko. Ryuji and Eriko seize a relic box from a black broker named FANG. In the box, they find a red dragon girl whom Ryuji names Rose because of her rose like pattern on her left hand. In order to protect Rose from the black organization, Ryuji decides to fight using his power as a relic handler.

saw the first 2 episode of the anime and got curious about the light novel so lets use this to discuss it

Exether
2011-01-17, 21:34
I'd love to get some more information about the characters. Particularly after a second episode that instead of answering questions just leaves you with more.

Particularly... What is a breaker? It certainly doesn't seem quite the ability considering...

how Ryuji was totally useless... Unable to do anything in the presence of a Dragon

cyberdemon
2011-01-17, 21:48
I'd love to get some more information about the characters. Particularly after a second episode that instead of answering questions just leaves you with more.

Particularly... What is a breaker? It certainly doesn't seem quite the ability considering...

how Ryuji was totally useless... Unable to do anything in the presence of a Dragon

from what i understand from another site is that Ryuuji has a trauma concerning his powers in the past. I think it was that he got possessed by a powerful and destructive dark relic. Which is why he doesn't want to use them

kadaj1st
2011-01-18, 10:05
so basiccaly a breaker is someone who can use the ability of relic ?
and ryuji being a level 10 he can use it to the full extent ?

AlaAlba
2011-01-18, 10:10
I'm particularly interested in his parents and their work. Is the redhead with glasses in the ED his Mom?
no she's not :heh:, she first appeared on vol 4, name Bianca a level 4 Breaker, a trouble maker, she came to Tokyo to do level 10 breaker level measurement on Ryuuji (Ryuuji made up his mind to officialy register himself as a Breaker)

so basiccaly a breaker is someone who can use the ability of relic ?
and ryuji being a level 10 he can use it to the full extent ?
yep, you're right, if a normal people like Misaki touched a relic, even if the relic is S ranked, nothing would happened.

Relic rank A to E, and S is a very rare relic stronger than A, level 10 like Ryuuji can use all rank. but Eriko who is a level 7 only can use until level B (if I were not wrong).

tsunade666
2011-01-18, 10:45
what's a breaker to begin with? with all the breaker talk.

cyberdemon
2011-01-18, 11:07
what's a breaker to begin with? with all the breaker talk.

I don't know for sure but if i had to guess i'd say a breaker is probably a person capable of breaking seals on lost precious. Kinda like how in episode 2 it mentioned him finding the dragons egg when he was little when they were supposed to have barriers around them.

Exether
2011-01-23, 22:04
Well... Seems that nobody here is reading the novel... A translation project would be great but the anime will have to be really popular to attract fansubs.

Thanks to the people that defined the term Breaker. That kind of makes me remember Saito Hiraga from Zero no Tsukaima: As long as he doesn't have a magic object... He kind of sucks :p

The other problem comes in the form of the magic object he has: A wand that produces butterflies probably won't be useful agains a Dragon :heh:

Manic
2011-01-23, 23:00
from the images i have seen of the anime, he gets some sort of sword, and yeah its a shame there arent any LN readers around. Would have been nice to get some spoilers haha

Johnny
2011-01-23, 23:23
Someone posted in the anime thread which was a mistake and they corrected that error. However, if I remember correctly the weapon he will use is...

A dagger named Slash Breath that's made from a Dragon Fang.

Manic
2011-01-23, 23:26
ah that sounds pretty cool. I wonder what its special ability is

Exether
2011-01-24, 00:03
ah that sounds pretty cool. I wonder what its special ability is

From the name...

It sounds like something capable of "Air Slashing" like a burst of high speed wind capable of cutting. Hope we are not being trolled by the autor's use of engrish :p

Still, it doesn't sound that cool :eyebrow:, not the first sword to do that, maybe I'm being too pesimistic. Not that I dislike the show, it got me the moment I started watching.

Manic
2011-01-24, 18:12
haha looks like the dagger wasnt much of a spoiler, ep 3 covered it all. Looks like its more than just a wind slasher so its not completely generic. I like how he can now add the fire element to its wind. I really wish there was a bunch of manga chapters to read. Ep 3 has me completely sold on the series. Its been awhile since i enjoyed a series this much.

Exether
2011-01-27, 18:12
haha looks like the dagger wasnt much of a spoiler, ep 3 covered it all. Looks like its more than just a wind slasher so its not completely generic. I like how he can now add the fire element to its wind. I really wish there was a bunch of manga chapters to read. Ep 3 has me completely sold on the series. Its been awhile since i enjoyed a series this much.

I agree with you. Probably Dragon Crisis! and Gosick are the shows I'm enjoying the most this season (And no, it doesn't have anything to do with underage looking characters :p). It's a good thing to have a couple that doesn't go arround the bushes for 13 episodes before the love declaration :heh:

Now, regarding Slash Breath, it certainly seems that its element is air, but thanks to the engagement between Rose and Ryuji it can also have fire added to it. It would be great to have more information regarding this engagement thing, it certainly doesn't seem to be exclusive to dragons and dragons but it can be done between a dragon and a human.

Manic
2011-01-28, 03:46
after rewatching ep 3 there is a line that i was kinda puzzled about. Onyx says this to rose "if you love him so much, why haven't you taken his head?"

What does he mean by that, is rose like a preying mantis and gonna eat ryuji's head after they mate or something? lol

I imagine its not that, but I wonder if its some other dragon custom for choosing a lover they haven't revealed yet. Maybe someone who has read the novels a bit can shed some light on this

cyberdemon
2011-01-28, 08:05
after rewatching ep 3 there is a line that i was kinda puzzled about. Onyx says this to rose "if you love him so much, why haven't you taken his head?"

What does he mean by that, is rose like a preying mantis and gonna eat ryuji's head after they mate or something? lol

I imagine its not that, but I wonder if its some other dragon custom for choosing a lover they haven't revealed yet. Maybe someone who has read the novels a bit can shed some light on this

i think it's more of a "if you don't want me to do it, do it yourself."

Manic
2011-01-28, 10:49
its a strange line considering what else he said after it though

Kleeyook
2011-01-29, 13:15
Any ideas about other female characters? How about the blue-hair girl who'll appear in the next episode? Who could she be?

Manic
2011-01-29, 14:55
pretty sure she is another dragon, I am more interested in the wolf girl with the 2 different eyes

Kleeyook
2011-01-29, 18:40
pretty sure she is another dragon, I am more interested in the wolf girl with the 2 different eyes

Another dragon? I guess it'll be blue dragon. We already have red and black. :p

Manic
2011-01-29, 19:00
http://a.imagehost.org/0839/89799599.jpg

in that image u can see the scales on her hand and dunno who she is

Exether
2011-01-30, 02:06
So there is a Dragon girl with blue short hair and another with blue long hair... I'm also more interested in the wolf girl.

cyberdemon
2011-01-30, 03:07
So there is a Dragon girl with blue short hair and another with blue long hair... I'm also more interested in the wolf girl.

no just the one with long hair is the blue dragon. The other one is human and a classmate

iceyfw
2011-01-30, 04:32
no just the one with long hair is the blue dragon. The other one is human and a classmatehe is most likely referring to the girl with short blue hair in the anime OP who does sprout blue wings. so there are two blue dragons - one with the long hair shown in the posts above and the other one in the OP with short hair.

Manic
2011-01-31, 21:56
well since the anime thread is pretty much a mindless waistland of bad summaries, is ryuji a pedophile, or why isnt rose a tsundere posts. I figured i repost this here to maybe get some discussion or a spoiler.

In ep 4 i kind of noticed during their 1st meeting with Maruga, she bit her lip about the fact that a human and a dragon engaged. Seems like the dragons harbor some deep resentment for humans even tho in the current time period most humans either dont know about dragons or don't care about what happened in the past like ryuji and rose. I think alot of the plot is going to focus on them bridging the gap between the 2 races, which i think was planned out by their respective parents.

I am still thinking that his family got that dagger from rose's parents, which is why i think his parents requested for those conditions when the society got it.

cyberdemon
2011-01-31, 22:05
george seems like a really interesting guy. Does he play a part later in the story or is he just part of this part?

well since the anime thread is pretty much a mindless waistland of bad summaries, is ryuji a pedophile, or why isnt rose a tsundere posts. I figured i repost this here to maybe get some discussion or a spoiler.

In ep 4 i kind of noticed during their 1st meeting with Maruga, she bit her lip about the fact that a human and a dragon engaged. Seems like the dragons harbor some deep resentment for humans even tho in the current time period most humans either dont know about dragons or don't care about what happened in the past like ryuji and rose. I think alot of the plot is going to focus on them bridging the gap between the 2 races, which i think was planned out by their respective parents.

I'd say that's probably likely. It seems odd that he'd randomly come across a dragons egg when they are supposed to be behind shields. ones even other dragons aren't supposed to be able to get through. If it was set up by the dragons so that they'd meet then it would become understandable why it happened.

I am still thinking that his family got that dagger from rose's parents, which is why i think his parents requested for those conditions when the society got it.

that i can imagine. maybe that's how the sword got into humans hands. It was a gift fromn the dragon to the human girl like an engagement gift (like the collar forced on Rose by onyx) but ended up being used by another to kill the dragon.

tsunade666
2011-02-02, 03:39
when I look at the novel illustration I don't see George showing up again.

Marga will be also gone for a while after her meeting with Ryuuji which quite saddens me but Ai will show up in volume 3 which also makes me happy.

Ai in the picture is the one with tail. It looks like at first she was to attacked Ryuuji but ended up getting captured by Ryuuji and the others. In the end Ryuuji ended up helping Ai.

And Ai also ended up getting enrolled in the same school as Ryuuji. And also Rose too.

For now if only harem members from vol 1 - 9 I can only say the the girls who like Ryuui are Rose, Misaki, Marge and Ai.

Eriko is acting more like an elder sister and Bianca just like to play around :D

Ai was so cute I'm rooting for her but it looks like Ryuuji is the stick to one girl type of guy. His pretty much loyal to Rose or more like he can't leave Rose. Misaki is also quite cute. She's doing her best but still Ryuuji likes Rose more.

Their is another girl which shows up in vol 7 but was shown in the OP. the blue dragon Sapphi. That one actually confuses me given the time she shows up but she was already shown in the op. Which makes made me confuse given the time gap. She admires Onyx and it looks like Onyx will appear again in vol 7 but in vol 8. He doesn't looks like an enemy anymore. Which I wonder what happen in the end of vol 7.

I'm currently starting t read vol 2 which when Marga appear.

Also in vol 9. A level 9 breaker shows up which is quite interested in Ryuuji and looks like a love rival for Rose. But still Ryuuji still stuck with Rose.

I wish nera will show up here in AS. he can answer a lot of questions.

Exether
2011-02-05, 23:52

From George and Onyx actions you are certainly inclined to think that there is a long history of quarrels. But yeah, people don't care about it anymore so the angry side is the Dragon's side. Which leaves me wondering about the age of both Onyx and Maruga. Anyway, the pairing of Ryuji and Rose kind of gives me the feeling of stories with transient and immortal/long-lived beings falling in love. Or do dragons age like normal humans? Which takes me again back to the question about Onyx and Maruga age...

Thinking about the engagement also leaves me wondering about other things such as humans and dragons interbreeding...

george seems like a really interesting guy. Does he play a part later in the story or is he just part of this part?

He certainly seems to be an interestesting albeit not a character I particularly find likeable, his problem being that he is way too oblivious... Or at least that's the way he seems to me. It would have been interesting to have him as some sort of lancer (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheLancer) but we already have Eriko doing that... I think :uhoh:

he is most likely referring to the girl with short blue hair in the anime OP who does sprout blue wings. so there are two blue dragons - one with the long hair shown in the posts above and the other one in the OP with short hair.

Yeah, I was talking about that girl :)

Other things I've been thinking:

-Dragons must definitelly be the worst type of parents to have... Abandoning their eggs on top of a cliff...

-Are the story settings in a world of magic or science? Or both?

-If we are having dragons and wolfmen... Are we having vampires as well? :heh: If the author keeps adding stuffs like that he should bring the whole circus shouldn't he? He could also bring Zombies and Maho Shoujos! :eyespin:

Manic
2011-02-06, 01:33
Anyway, the pairing of Ryuji and Rose kind of gives me the feeling of stories with transient and immortal/long-lived beings falling in love. Or do dragons age like normal humans? Which takes me again back to the question about Onyx and Maruga age..

yeah that is an interesting point and i never thought about it. I wonder if the engagement has some other power to it besides a power boost. This doesnt strike me as the sort of story thats gonna end on a bitter sweet way with them having to deal with the life span differences.

Exether
2011-02-06, 14:20
yeah that is an interesting point and i never thought about it. I wonder if the engagement has some other power to it besides a power boost. This doesnt strike me as the sort of story thats gonna end on a bitter sweet way with them having to deal with the life span differences.

I'm thinking about Eragon and the dragon bond. Will Ryuji become less human and more Dragon-like or Rose more human-like? I mean, if you look at the dictionary concept of engament, it is a marriage promise and/or the period of time right before marriage, which is exactly the thing Onyx was thinking. So the fact is that Rose chose Ryuji to be her mate/ life partner (to make a family with him :confused: ) and et cetera... So the engament might involve more than a simple power boost, or at the least that's what I hope.

Manic
2011-02-06, 15:12
yeah same here, if its just a power boost that would be awfully boring so i really hope it has some other effects on the 2. I guess time will tell or atleast until someone spoils

cyberdemon
2011-03-29, 00:09
What exactly is a dragon crisis? The anime had Onyx descibe it as a LP that basically controls dragons and bends them to the users will. Maruga said that it was a lie and that there was no such thing but i seriously doubt a lie would have the story named after it. however i am unable to take Onyx's exact description of it as well. Sowhat exactly is the Dragon Crisis if it is expanded on in the manga?

Javiersansano
2011-03-29, 06:09
so, how faithful was the anime to the LN? please, try to be as detailed as possible, because I already "imagine" that the deviation was monstrous. In other words, major LN butchering

tamahagane
2012-03-26, 15:32
no just the one with long hair is the blue dragon. The other one is human and a classmate

the girl with long silver hair is the white dragon empress not blue dragon

Athena
2012-03-26, 18:03
so, how faithful was the anime to the LN? please, try to be as detailed as possible, because I already "imagine" that the deviation was monstrous. In other words, major LN butchering

I don't know how to describe it, personally. For example, Hidan no Aria's animation was "faithful", but was way uglier than the LN series. Personally, I read 6-7 volumes and noticed how the characters seem less annoying than in the anime. But if I remember well (which is rarely the case), the adaptation has been following the plot rather fine. Plus, I have the impression that DEEN focused much more on Kore wa Zombie rather than this series when it got animated at the same time.

lucasdeis
2014-08-01, 14:24
So how did Dragon crisis light novel end? i would like to know if its a harem ending or a rose + ryuuji ending