PDA

View Full Version : SMLA - More live action anime?!

Quarkboy
2003-11-04, 00:19
So, I'll admit I watch this show for fun, but it has given me a good idea for a post....

What anime would you like to see made into a live action series (either in Japan, the US, or elsewhere)?

Please note, this is not asking what anime would NOT make a good live action series.

Laurie-chan
2003-11-04, 01:16
I love Sailor Moon Live Action since I am a big Sailor Moon fan. :p

I would love to see Kare Kano, Love Hina or Boys Over Flowers in Live Action. Ultra Maniac would also be a good choice. :heh:

Tboz
2003-11-04, 07:09
heh... for a moment I thought there's gonna be a new Saber Marionette live action drama after looking at the thread title... :p

Lambda
2003-11-04, 07:57
None. Making live-action versions of animations merely illustrates the inferiority of live-action as a format. Any animation worth its salt will make great use of the advantages that its format gives it, which will then be impossible to transfer to live-action, rendering such a remake inferior.

LordMerc
2003-11-04, 08:43
i will admit PGSM is not as great as the anime (which is my personnal fav) But as a series its really cool, and funky, well done, and a credit to live action remakes.

Almost as good as Gunhead.

and i think NGE would make a good Live action, as well as blue gender

Laurie-chan
2003-11-04, 13:10
If people don't like Sailor Moon Live, then how could they like other Live action series?

Koshiba
2003-11-04, 14:27
I thought the LiveAction for Sailor Moon was rather cute.. It did look kind of funny though since it's a magical girl show. ^_^;

I think that any romance/drama series would make a good live action. I'm such a fan of Dorama's~

I also just heard that Aim for the ace! is going to be made into a liveaction drama. I can't wait. ^^

duenna
2003-11-06, 00:57
i'd really like to see a Saiyuki LA show :D that would be cool to see!! ^^ or maybe even Prince of Tennis or Hikaru no Go :) oh!! or maybe even Naruto or One Piece XD heh i could go on and on.. btw, i do like SMLA! it is very interesting to watch! even my mom watches it ^^

FinFangFoom
2003-11-06, 04:15
I would love to see a 3 movie deal for Last Exile with a really high budget. It could be done by an American studio since it would really have to have american or english actors to look right anyways.

LiQuid|J
2003-11-06, 05:34
GTO!

... Oh wait, it already exists, and it's already the BEST live action to ever come out of the land of the rising sun!

Tboz
2003-11-06, 06:02
Lets have Azumangah Daioh Live Action? :naughty:

LordMerc
2003-11-06, 06:21
GTO!

... Oh wait, it already exists, and it's already the BEST live action to ever come out of the land of the rising sun!

GTO?? Whats That??

straw
2003-11-06, 06:43
oh, i'm a big sailor moon fan but what they did was just so horrible that every time i see smla i wish that someone would shot me just down,

i really don't like live action series but if i had to choose i would enjoy fmp or love hina

Tboz
2003-11-06, 06:55
GTO?? Whats That?? Great Teacher Onizuka... ;)

LordMerc
2003-11-06, 07:00
Great Teacher Onizuka... ;)

ahh, never seen it, but heard OF it, whats it like?

LiQuid|J
2003-11-06, 07:06
Go find out for yourself:

http://animesuki.animehack.com/series.php/107.html

You won't regret it. I hope. :p

Tboz
2003-11-06, 07:09
Brief discription here... http://www.nt2099.com/DORAMA/g_gto.html

:D

LordMerc
2003-11-06, 12:12
Brief discription here... http://www.nt2099.com/DORAMA/g_gto.html

:D

damn gto looks good, reminds of that manga, about the girl with the velvet pussy panties, and her genetic experiment teacher, can rember what its called though

FinFangFoom
2003-11-06, 15:11
Im sure most of you all know that they're making a dragonball z live action. I myself am still really skeptical that they won't find a way to really screw it up, but have some hope now. I was reading on the official website and it has unconfirmed rumors that it is going to be rated PG-13 and be over 3 hours long. The best part is that their not going to try and jam the whole story into 1 movie either, it says that they are hoping for it to be 4 movies long. It would cover the saiyan, frieza, cell/android, and buu saga. Industrial Light and Magic (star wars, jurassic park) would do the special effects.

I know this is kind of old news but since the old forum is wiped out if figured I would repost it. Also I read on comics to films that wwf's Goldburg is signed to play Napa, I think he might be perfect for the roll, even if I hate wreastling I have to admit that he does look just like him and you would never find an asian person who could pull off playing Napa.

What do you guys think?

Digital-Kitty
2003-11-06, 15:33
There is already a DragonBall live action movie actually, but I think it may be Hong Kong Cinema.

Personally, there is a sick demented side of me that would like to see a Pokemon live action series.

duenna
2003-11-07, 00:37
hah i would like to see a pokemon LA as well ^^' i am curious on how they will do the pokemon! cgi? or like luna in SMLA? :P heh

PocariSweat
2003-11-07, 02:45
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

Live Action KogePan!!!!

w00t!

...actually Ocha-ken might not be bad either (as long as they do chiro's fight sequences right) :eyespin:

Tboz
2003-11-07, 12:39
damn gto looks good, reminds of that manga, about the girl with the velvet pussy panties, and her genetic experiment teacher, can rember what its called though GTO dorama is somewhat more decent... :p

s0nicfreak
2003-11-07, 14:10
Detective Conan!!

V3SPA
2003-11-08, 01:03
KIMI GA NOZOMU EIEN! would make an aaaawesome chinese drama series! ^_^

The Xenos
2003-11-08, 06:04
Lets have Azumangah Daioh Live Action? :naughty:

actually.... I heard a while ago that they are making one

here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3542

Plus the Evangleion movie sounds to be on the fast track (relatively at least). That mgiht be good.

And after seeing Matrix Revolutions, I think we are finally ready for a live action DBZ.

I wonder about a live action Witch Hunter Robin. For some reason actress Evan Racehl Wood comes to mind for Robin.

-Xenos

DrWho2002
2003-11-08, 18:02
That Azumanga Daioh live action thing turned out to be nothing, a hoax.

I don't think we ever will need a DBZ live action show... =p ever....

Tboz
2003-11-08, 18:14
KIMI GA NOZOMU EIEN! would make an aaaawesome chinese drama series! ^_^ I would prefer it to be in japanese tho, so that the spirit will be maintained. I wonder who should play Mitsuki and Haruka tho. :D

Nice avatar and siggy btw... :D

For DBZ LA, I also agree that it will be very hard to accomplish. The characters are just too outlandish. Same with Naruto... :heh:

That Azumanga Daioh live action thing turned out to be nothing, a hoax. There were rumours of that? I didn't know that. Hope there really will be one. :upset:

BME
2003-11-12, 21:32
When I saw this in the previews I couldn't stop laughing

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload1/Wankstas.JPG

OMG LOL !!1! Wankstas!

ElvenPath
2003-11-13, 09:23
I'd fancy a Macross or Gundam live action, mecha is good :p