PDA

View Full Version : Licensed Sword Art Online - Light Novel Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Kunagisa
2011-04-20, 20:37
Sword Art Online
ソードアート・オンライン

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8581/51kbtylquklss500.jpg

Escape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual "death"―.
Without knowing the "truth" of the mysterious next generation MMO, 'Sword Art Online(SAO)', approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle.
Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the "truth" of this MMO.
And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named 'Aincrad', he distinguished himself as a solo player.
Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone.
Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her.
That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito―.

The series is divided into 2 serializations: Web and Dengeki Bunko version. Following info is from Wiki, author's webpage, tomtkp@LK etc.

Web Version
SAO Main Story
SWORD ART ONLINE (SAO1)
SWORD ART ONLINE 2 (SAO2) FAIRY DANCE
SWORD ART ONLINE 3 (SAO3) DEATH GUN
SWORD ART ONLINE 4( SAO4) ALICIZATION

Chapters
7*
308**

Stage
SAO
ALO
GGO
UW

*Length varies between chapters.
**Not typo.

SAO Gaiden
SAOex01
SAOex02
SAOex03
SAOex04
SAOex05
SAOex06
SAOex07
Title
The Black Knight
Four Days
Heart's Temperature
Zekken* (+Epilogue)
Kennai Jikan: A Murder Case in the Area (+ Gaiden **)
Red Nose Reindeer
Moon's Cradle (On Hiatus, currently on ch. 13)
Stage
SAO
SAO
SAO
ALO
SAO
SAO
UW

*絶剣 Absolute Sword (?)
**Will update title as soon as I fix my dead laptop.
RED: Has been adapted to Bunko version.

Others
CALIBRE
Sword Art Online Gaidenx1 16.5 (the legendary good-kids-shouldn't-read or Asuna-is-mai-waifu chapter)
Sword Art Online Gaidenx2 Doujinshi (sold in Comitia 92)
Sword Art Online Material Edition 1-6 Doujinshi (sold in Comitia 95, 2011/2/13)

So ... the lack of discussion of this awesome light novel series disturbs me (and Accel World, but that has no on-going translation), and I decided to make a topic.

Volume 7 was sold earlier this month (4/10?) I believe, and Kirito has gotten even more badass than ever. With the introduction of OSS (Original Sword Skill) you can pretty much assume Kirito's brain's somewhat overpowered in real life as well. Apparently with Deadly Sins (7 hit combo) he can perform his OSS of Spell Blast, now he can cut magic after cutting bullets in GGO.Anyone else following this series desperately want an anime (manga's art improves but not by much still, or maybe I've just gotten used to the shoujo art)?

Will update more info later, let me know if any info's wrong.

PS: Some very minor spoilers are typed in white color to make the reading a bit smoother, so highlight over it.
PPS: Typing up this post was somewhat murderous.

Xacual
2011-04-20, 20:46
I was actually surprised that there wasn't a topic for this light novel earlier when I looked. It's quite a good read and I'm looking forward to the rest of the ALO arc finished translation.

It's also nice that it takes place in the same world as Accel World story but that takes place 20 years or so later.

Asking for a slight spoiler but does Kirito run into Scilica, Lizbeth and Cline during the ALO arc? I saw them in novel images in the novel 6 as having characters in ALO but curious if he meets them during the course of the Volumes 3 and 4.

Icy.Tear
2011-04-21, 02:32
Zekken can be confirmed as Absolute Sword.

I should catch up on the later volumes, but I don't even have time to read what I myself is translating, so that's a pipe dream.

I'll just content myself with following BT's progress.

Also, I hardly ever watch anime these days, not enough time-consumption ratio. Truth be told that I have so little time these days between LN/VN/Manga/TL that I can't sit still through one episode of anime unless I love the series with all my heart.

Nera Sleith
2011-04-21, 03:09
I kinda skipped the last 8 chapters of SAO arc (because I was put off by the sudden development).
I enjoyed v2 more than v1 despite it being short stories compilation.

I finished ALO arc (v3-4) as well. It was epic and umm...
I kinda pity Suguha as she had to be heartbroken twice. Pity since I really like her. >.<
Still, I find myself rereading and rereading the scene when they both realized each other's identity in ALO.
By the way, what was the stage for Alicization last Arc?
Edit: Oh, nevermind. It was in white font. I didn't notice.

With that length, I'm speculating the Alicization will be around 10 volumes of 300+ pages each.
It seems Kawahara-sensei is adding contents to bunko version not originally in the web version.
Like...
...the Jotunheim part in ALO arc, which is chapter 5.

Asking for a slight spoiler but does Kirito run into Scilica, Lizbeth and Cline during the ALO arc? I saw them in novel images in the novel 6 as having characters in ALO but curious if he meets them during the course of the Volumes 3 and 4.
Yes. Actually that was in the real world, not online. All SAO victims that were previously attending school were congregated into one school to catch up for their studies. Scilica (RN: Ayano Keiko) and Lizbeth (RN: Rika) were eating in a cafeteria talking about the offline party that will be held later, while Asuna and Kirito were flirting in the courtyard for everyone to see (I think it was already obvious from the looking at the illustration). The offline party is kinda like a reunion to all members of SAO players, and also a congralutory party for Kirito for clearing the game, so yeah, everyone is in there.

Xacual
2011-04-21, 03:29
Yes. Actually that was in the real world, not online. All SAO victims that were previously attending school were congregated into one school to catch up for their studies. Scilica (RN: Ayano Keiko) and Lizbeth (RN: Rika) were eating in a cafeteria talking about the offline party that will be held later, while Asuna and Kirito were flirting in the courtyard for everyone to see (I think it was already obvious from the looking at the illustration). The offline party is kinda like a reunion to all members of SAO players, and also a congralutory party for Kirito for clearing the game, so yeah, everyone is in there.

No I meant Online because in novel 6 there are images showing them all in the ALO world playing characters but I didn't know if he ran into them during the ALO arc or if they had made the characters later. Judging by your reply I can take it that he didn't meet them during his clear of the game.

Nera Sleith
2011-04-21, 03:36
No I meant Online because in novel 6 there are images showing them all in the ALO world playing characters but I didn't know if he ran into them during the ALO arc or if they had made the characters later. Judging by your reply I can take it that he didn't meet them during his clear of the game.
Oh, I didn't know they were playing ALO in GGO arc. (I just started reading it)

But yeah, during the events of v3-4, Kirito didn't meet them in ALO.

...unless they are Alicia and Sakuya, that is.

Xacual
2011-04-21, 03:58
Oh, I didn't know they were playing ALO in GGO arc. (I just started reading it)

But yeah, during the events of v3-4, Kirito didn't meet them in ALO.

...unless they are Alicia and Sakuya, that is.

Nah they aren't, going by the images on BT, they used the same names as in SAO. Scilica being a Cait Sith and Lizbeth being a leprechaun.

Sakuyakun
2011-04-21, 13:28
Read the first volume and love it. I'm just waiting till the rest to be translated

Xacual
2011-04-21, 14:27
Read the first volume and love it. I'm just waiting till the rest to be translated

Volume 3 is translated now, you could skip ahead and read that since volume 2 are just side stories that happened in between the time skip that happened in volume 1.

Also wow at volume 3, pretty good ending. I'm greatly amused by Suguha's reactions.

Nera Sleith
2011-04-21, 20:16

Volume 3 is translated now, you could skip ahead and read that since volume 2 are just side stories that happened in between the time skip that happened in volume 1.

Also wow at volume 3, pretty good ending. I'm greatly amused by Suguha's reactions.

The part about Yui is untranslated though (It's v2c3).
But skipping it would be no problem at all because they gave a reexplanation about her in volume 3.

Oh, Scilica and Lizbeth will appear later as well, so reading the partial volume 2 translations is recommended so you would have a background of who they are and what their relationships to Kirito are.

Kunagisa
2011-04-21, 21:40
Volume 8 info confirmed. It'll be (ex)Calibur + Kennai Jikan + an original short story.

http://twitter.com/#!/kunori <-- guy's twitter if someone want to follow it.

... which means volume 9 is VERY LIKELY going to be ALICIZATIONNNNNN, the "core" of the story.

AlaAlba
2011-04-21, 23:00
oh, this is nice, I surprised no topic of this epic serie. I still have to read volume 7, the gaidens, and alicization.

the gaiden ones in red have been adapted to bunko? In what volume if I may ask? then I must have read it without realizing it then.

Nera Sleith
2011-04-21, 23:05
the gaiden ones in red have been adapted to bunko? In what volume if I may ask? then I must have read it without realizing it then.

v2:
SAO Web Gaiden 1 - The Black Knight <黒の剣士>
SAO Web Gaiden 2 - Four Days (朝霧の少女 <Morning Dew Girl> in bunko)
SAO Web Gaiden 3 - Heart's Temperature (Warmth of the Heart) <ココロの温度>
SAO Web Gaiden 6 - Red Nose Reindeer <赤鼻のトナカイ>

v7:
SAO Web Gaiden 4 - Zekken <絶剣>

tsunade666
2011-04-21, 23:10
what is the story of ALICIZATION to begin with? I heard that it's about Kazuto playing into... not sure if it's a game but more like interacting with the A.I. and his memories there are wipe out while he logs out. And it sure is loong 300+ chapters.

I like vol 2 side stories more than some part in vol 1. And I just like Suguha more than Asuna.

If for the girl ranks Suguha > Silica > Liz > Asuna.

She's my least like or more like I don't like her but I don't dislike her type of characters. The introduction of her in vol 1 just didn't help. She just pops out of no where XD And even in vol 2 explanation about her doesn't help when I read the story of Liz and Silica. Heck Yui is more appealing for me.

Nera Sleith
2011-04-21, 23:22
I like vol 2 side stories more than some part in vol 1. And I just like Suguha more than Asuna.

If for the girl ranks Suguha > Silica > Liz > Asuna.

She's my least like or more like I don't like her but I don't dislike her type of characters. The introduction of her in vol 1 just didn't help. She just pops out of no where XD And even in vol 2 explanation about her doesn't help when I read the story of Liz and Silica. Heck Yui is more appealing for me.

Same here. That's the very exact reason I enjoyed v2 than v1 and why I skipped the last 8 chapters of v1. Although if I have free time I would go back and read the chapters I skipped.

This is probably one case where the factor for generic harem series that protagonist guys shouldn't establish a romantic relationship with the main heroine in early stage of the plot is a plus. That would be bad for another girls. Since Kirito is a badass character, girls would inevitably fall for him. But since he already have a girlfriend, they would just keep their feelings on themselves, give up on chasing after him. And while Kirito is busy flirting with Asuna, the girls can't help but feel jealousy.

Maybe I'm just being biased here, since I really like Suguha more than Asuna.
Asuna is just too bland or generic for my taste.

tsunade666
2011-04-21, 23:47
your not biased. Kirito also likes to play with girls when Asuna was not around even though it's not intentional but Asuna was the one who made the first moved among all the other girls. While Kirito playing in the front line a beautiful girl just ended up liking her I was really WTF is that. Even though I read the reason. It's just doesn't do me good.

Kirito still continue to play with girls while he already had a girlfriend XD or maybe that's just his nature in games because his different in real life. In GGO who was the girl? it looks like she knew Kirito and invite him to play it.

AlaAlba
2011-04-22, 01:47
lol, I skipped the WHOLE volume 2 because it's a flashback, or a gaiden now that I know it. and Asuna didn't pop out from somewhere just like that, if you read the last few chapters of volume 1, the author does explain why Asuna tries to get close to Kirito and I think it's quite good, at least for me.

I'm actually thought the same like you Tsunade666, "wtf with this girl she's forcing herself to our hero without reason!?" was what I thought, before I read the later chapter.

Volume 2 is about Kirito turning into the lonely fighter after he joined a guild but hid his true level to them which later indirectly caused the death of members of that guild no?
is there any other stories that is interesting? :p

edit: I somewhat think Kirito is stupid to "delete" his SAO account/avatar and started all new one. Does it mention somewhere about the reason? because starting from 0 is just a full waste of time. I believe Asuna didn't delete her or did she?

Xacual
2011-04-22, 02:38
lol, I skipped the WHOLE volume 2 because it's a flashback, or a gaiden now that I know it. and Asuna didn't pop out from somewhere just like that, if you read the last few chapters of volume 1, the author does explain why Asuna tries to get close to Kirito and I think it's quite good, at least for me.

I'm actually thought the same like you Tsunade666, "wtf with this girl she's forcing herself to our hero without reason!?" was what I thought, before I read the later chapter.

Volume 2 is about Kirito turning into the lonely fighter after he joined a guild but hid his true level to them which later indirectly caused the death of members of that guild no?
is there any other stories that is interesting? :p

edit: I somewhat think Kirito is stupid to "delete" his SAO account/avatar and started all new one. Does it mention somewhere about the reason? because starting from 0 is just a full waste of time. I believe Asuna didn't delete her or did she?

All SAO characters were deleted by Kayaba at the end of Volume 1. ALO is a completely different game, he has to make a new character. Though there are some circumstances that make this not as clear cut.

I suggest reading the volume 2 translations, they aren't crazily important in the grand scheme of the plot but I, and it seems others as well, found them a better read than volume 1 at least.

tsunade666
2011-04-22, 02:50
READ VOLUME 2

Interesting characters are introduce there. It also shows Asuna's pov and reasons. It also shows that she is changing when she met Kirito. But that didn't justify when your talking to a friend which ended up liking the same guy.

Kirito is still dense back then and didn't care Asuna's advancement. Considering Asuna only win Kirito's heart when the time for SAO is ending. It's only been a week? or is it a month? not sure but it all begin when Kirito revealed his pass to Asuna or more like it all begun when those two party together.

Silica's story and Liz is sad. Yui's introduction is also nice. READ VOL 2 though it's still not fully translated.

At least Silica's story is finish and a bit of LIZ. READ IT! it's more fan than vol 1.

Xacual
2011-04-22, 03:15
READ VOLUME 2

Interesting characters are introduce there. It also shows Asuna's pov and reasons. It also shows that she is changing when she met Kirito. But that didn't justify when your talking to a friend which ended up liking the same guy.

Kirito is still dense back then and didn't care Asuna's advancement. Considering Asuna only win Kirito's heart when the time for SAO is ending. It's only been a week? or is it a month? not sure but it all begin when Kirito revealed his pass to Asuna or more like it all begun when those two party together.

Silica's story and Liz is sad. Yui's introduction is also nice. READ VOL 2 though it's still not fully translated.

At least Silica's story is finish and a bit of LIZ. READ IT! it's more fan than vol 1.

Asuna was basically running into him on purpose every couple of days for over 6 months by the time we see them interact in volume 1 I think. Judging by his reactions in volume 1 you can tell he had a crush on her to a degree too though so it wasn't entirely one sided. Kirito and Asuna established their relationship about 2.5 weeks before SAO ended.

I really like Scilica's story, Kirito establishing the dominance of a high level versus mid levels was great.

AlaAlba
2011-04-22, 03:34
All SAO characters were deleted by Kayaba at the end of Volume 1. ALO is a completely different game, he has to make a new character. Though there are some circumstances that make this not as clear cut.

I suggest reading the volume 2 translations, they aren't crazily important in the grand scheme of the plot but I, and it seems others as well, found them a better read than volume 1 at least.
Ah, I got it wrong a bit, I mean why did he delete his ALO avatar. and no, his ALO's and SAO's are the same, their status/level are. His Spriggan avatar is overwhelmingly strong he could defeat the strongest guy in ALO world, no way a brand new avatar can do that :heh:. so his ALO avatar in someway succeeded from the SAO.

But he deleted his ALO after that. which is :eyebrow:

the guild member are Sylica and Liz then? I don't remember their name :D

and Okay okay I'll read it :heh: , maybe the chapters about Asuna and Yui.

Xacual
2011-04-22, 03:57
Ah, I got it wrong a bit, I mean why did he delete his ALO avatar. and no, his ALO's and SAO's are the same, their status/level are. His Spriggan avatar is overwhelmingly strong he could defeat the strongest guy in ALO world, no way a brand new avatar can do that :heh:. so his ALO avatar in someway succeeded from the SAO.

But he deleted his ALO after that. which is :eyebrow:

Yes I know that but the rest of ALO isn't translated yet and he didn't have to "delete" the character until he went to play GGO by request or something. Apparently you can only play one online game at a time. So he had to transfer his data into GGO, like he did when he went from SAO to ALO. This might be wrong since it's from looking around for information.

tsunade666
2011-04-22, 03:58
vol 2 doesn't show the story of his past about the guild.

Silica and Liz are two different character.

And Kirito didn't delete ALO. HE needs to remove it to play GGO. Because only one save file in VR games. And nope he didn't have same stats from SAO to ALO. Only skills and items plus money. The reason he is good in ALO is because level doesn't matter in ALO only skill and brain capacity/reflex. So even a level 1 can beat the highest level.

You could say Asuna is the one doing Kirito route :D she is continuing meeting Kirito for months until Kirito notice Asuna. Well Asuna is one of the most beautiful in SAO and one of the few girls in SAO so she is plenty noticeable.

Liz is might be not late to make a move but she doesn't want to betray a friend. As for Sugua.... well cousin/imouto plus already had a girlfriend = bad ending.
Silica = imouto in Kirito's eyes.... poor girls.

Xacual
2011-04-22, 04:01
vol 2 doesn't show the story of his past about the guild.

Silica and Liz are two different character.

And Kirito didn't delete ALO. HE needs to remove it to play GGO. Because only one save file in VR games. And nope he didn't have same stats from SAO to ALO. Only skills and items plus money. The reason he is good in ALO is because level doesn't matter in ALO only skill and brain capacity/reflex. So even a level 1 can beat the highest level.

Yeah from volume 3, skills and money carried over and were fine. There aren't stats like in SAO though so the strength and dexterity and stuff that Kirito had high no longer existed. He had starting HP and MP though. He was just lucky that he had Lyfa to help him block magic and stuff in that one fight.

AlaAlba
2011-04-22, 04:45
You could say Asuna is the one doing Kirito route :D she is continuing meeting Kirito for months until Kirito notice Asuna. Well Asuna is one of the most beautiful in SAO and one of the few girls in SAO so she is plenty noticeable.

Liz is might be not late to make a move but she doesn't want to betray a friend. As for Sugua.... well cousin/imouto plus already had a girlfriend = bad ending.
Silica = imouto in Kirito's eyes.... poor girls.
lol Asuna had Kirito ending :p after Sachi & Keita's tragic end Kirito is the target with a loose soul in his heart :D
It's her duty to capture the loose soul before it transform to level 4 and increase Kirito's gloomy level.
:D

Sakuyakun
2011-04-22, 04:54

Does Vol 3 end with a cliff hanger? I would really like to avoid that :( but if completes it's arc then I'll be reading then :D

AlaAlba
2011-04-22, 05:31
Does Vol 3 end with a cliff hanger? I would really like to avoid that :( but if completes it's arc then I'll be reading then :D
it end after a good battle (the battle ended with a winner of course) so I don't think it end in a cliffhanger.

the ALO arc itself will end in volume 4.

tsunade666
2011-04-22, 13:01
lol Asuna had Kirito ending :p after Sachi & Keita's tragic end Kirito is the target with a loose soul in his heart :D
It's her duty to capture the loose soul before it transform to level 4 and increase Kirito's gloomy level.
:D

You know Asuna had it bad too. With a looner and always out to fight. Meeting Kirito in SAO is like finding a rare pokemon! (AnoHana makes me remember it) But once Asuna had him in friend list all is easy stalking :heh:
It also hard to deal with if the guy is in constant move and ended up meeting girls again and again.

BUT STILL that still didn't remove the bad impression I had on Asuna's character.

I like Suguha more :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

AlaAlba
2011-04-24, 11:21
I've read the chapter about Liz and Silica, they're both nice chapters. I like liz's more though, the moment when the Ainkrad was cleared and it was written in other people pov, in this case Liz's, makes it rather interesting. To see the glory moment from other people eyes is like a bonus.

and volume 7 is so..... sad :T_T::T_T: though it's a good story. Asuna developed quite rapidly in this one, thanks to Yuuki.

the best quote from Kirito "No matter fast a magic is, they're no faster than an anti-materiel rifle's bullet" :D

one thing I really miss though, where is Shinon!!!!!???? :(

Zakoo
2011-04-26, 11:37
Well then, thanks to our dear translator and editor, we recently had the first volume of Fairy dance arc.

I was waiting for it since october, but yahoo, it was good, really good, awesome.

I loved how badass Kirito was when he landed at god-like speed between the salamanders and the union. Also when he saved Lyfa saying the knight would save the princess ... really Kirito, you lady-killer.

About that, the fact his sister fell for him really annoys me, I was hoping SAO to not become a harem-like manga but I still hope she just go for her classmate.

tomtkp
2011-05-01, 09:42
Hi,I have just joined in Anime Suki forum.Nice to meet you all.I am tomtkp.Do not be surprised if you had seen my username in the first post because I am indeed the original author who wrote the SAO info whichi is shown in the first post.I was surprised that someone published the info in this forum because originally the info was written in Mandarin(stuopidget,I bet you mastered both English and Mandarin,right?).
Anyway,besides the info shown in the first post,I had actually arranged the story arcs in chronological order,but somehow it never shown in the first post(I do not mean to criticise you,stuopidget).Hence,I think it's okay for me to complete what is left with the story timeline.

SAO Timeline(Date,Game Stage and Volume in brackets)
SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Start (November 2022,SAO,Vol.1)
SAO ex06 Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer (December 2023,SAO,Vol.2)
SAO ex01 Black Swordsman (Feburary 2024,SAO,Vol.2)
SAO ex05 A Murder Case in the Area (around April or May 2024,SAO,Vol.8)
SAO ex03 Warmth of The Heart (June 2024,SAO,Vol.2)
SAO Gaiden X1 Chap.16.5 (October 2024,SAO,never published)
SAO ex02 Morning Dew Girl (October 2024,SAO,Vol.2)
SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Finished (November 2024,SAO,Vol.1)
SWORD ART ONLINE 2 FAIRY DANCE (January to May 2025,ALO,Vol.3-4)
SWORD ART ONLINE 3 DEATH GUN (December 2025,GGO,Vol.5-6)
Special 2010/2011 End of Year Story CALIBRE (December 2025,ALO,Vol.8)
SAO ex04 Absolute Sword (January to April 2026,ALO,Vol.7)
SWORD ART ONLINE 4 ALICIZATION
SAO ex07 Moon's Cradle
SWORD ART ONLINE 4 ALICIZATION Epilogue
SAO Gaiden X2 Doujinshi

*Information will be updated when more volumes are published and translated.

Zakoo
2011-05-24, 16:48
Huh, volume 4 has been translated.

Huh, wonderful, truly, I prefered volume 1 but the Fairy Dance arc was good, especially the end with the return of HeathCliff.

I don't know how much time before the gun MMO, but I feel it will be awesome.

Thanks for both the translator and editor !

Xacual
2011-05-24, 16:54
Huh, volume 4 has been translated.

Huh, wonderful, truly, I prefered volume 1 but the Fairy Dance arc was good, especially the end with the return of HeathCliff.

I don't know how much time before the gun MMO, but I feel it will be awesome.

Thanks for both the translator and editor !

I think you mean the return of Aincrad :p Though I think I prefer thinking of this and volume 1 together since volume 1 didn't resolve everything yet.

Translator is apparently already working on volume 5 and the editors already have the first two chapters to work on now.

Zakoo
2011-05-24, 17:03
I can spoil can I ?

Well :

I meant when Kirito is fighting against Sugou and he uses the ID of Heathcliff, gaining super GM power, it was badass, a bit tricky honestly, I couldn't believe the author made it this way, but it followed the flow of the story.

Maybe it's only me ... I don't know why but I always liked Heathcliff so when I saw he wasn't really the evil guy I truly was happy.

king12354
2011-05-24, 23:53
Read Vol. 1 skipped 2 and reading 3 now. But boy, did it turn cliche. Might also be because the translators aren't as good as the one who did Vol. 1.

tsunade666
2011-05-27, 13:48
^ huh? how did it turn cliche? they just translate it and they did a good job.
But really, I stop reading SAO so I don;t know but I at least read vol 3 and 4 and stop for further reading because the story starts to bore me on fairy dance arc. I prefer more Accel. I really hate the story when a girl was establish from the beginning but the author still put a harem on it. It makes the other girl sad and look like idiot.

Zakoo
2011-05-27, 15:33
That's true, I didn't expect it to turn into a harem when I read volume 1 there's one year ... Incest is something I even more dislike, but since I love the setting and the way the author write it's still my favorite LN.

Athena
2011-05-27, 15:55
Read Vol. 1 skipped 2 and reading 3 now. But boy, did it turn cliche. Might also be because the translators aren't as good as the one who did Vol. 1.

...hum, in fact, the translator desodus translates from chinese, the proofreaders can check the errors. I don't think that desodus is a bad one; he/she is actually very productive, and completes quickly his chapter.

In fact, the reason why SAO was that great in V1 was because it's simply the best one, and that the others simply follow the 1st volume.

king12354
2011-05-27, 19:56
I mean the 3rd and 4th volumes is basically the white knight Kazuto trying to save the princess. Not to mention the sister is annoying and has a shallow personality. Although some parts are good, it could have been a lot better if the protagonist wasn't like "I MUST SAVE ASUNA!" the whole time.

I say the translation quality dropped because the setting in both volumes weren't as vivid in description as in vol. 1 and I have a hard time picturing where this is all taking place although perhaps, it could be the author's fault.

And I still don't understand why they don't pull the NervGear off.

tsunade666
2011-05-27, 21:42
The author just tried to set up the imouto-itoko that way. Poor girl. And since you didn't read vol 2, you haven't read the part where the other girls liked him. The vol 2 is the side story and should be inserted in between vol 1 in the web novel but when it's been published. All SAO main story is compressed into vol 1 and ss into vol 2.

I pity the other girls really. More so in vol 3 where Kirito only focus on just like what you said "I MUST SAVE ASUNA!" and didn't care about the girl who is helping him. Suguha's character development might be pretty shallow from the cousin who thinks they are siblings by blood then finally discover that they are only cousins and tried to reach out to his brother by playing the same type of game which he likes and creating another personality in it. She fell in love with his brother or maybe because she knew that they are just cousins that a long lost emotion finally become clear or passed the barrier from just being siblings but too bad the idiot is too focus on "I MUST SAVE ASUNA!" plus both are idiots. She fail in real life and tried to love the same guy in the game such utter double failure.

Though after saving asuna that didn't change much in GGO. their is another girl to the harem even though the guy is already tied up with another girl.

I just hate that kind of idea. It's not harem like.

Athena
2011-05-28, 11:58
Actually, SAO never meant to be harem-like. It seems that it's only because there's not much thing to write so the author added some fill-ins.

tsunade666
2011-05-29, 08:05
Then the author should just have didn't add it. The web version even had ecchi chapters though it's remove in the released book.

The story revolves in Kirito in VR games. No wonder the real story when Alocization starts. The girls just seem forced for me. It's like playing vn game with force ecchi scenes and it's boring.

tomtkp
2011-05-29, 08:53
Then the author should just have didn't add it. The web version even had ecchi chapters though it's remove in the released book.

The story revolves in Kirito in VR games. No wonder the real story when Alocization starts. The girls just seem forced for me. It's like playing vn game with force ecchi scenes and it's boring.

It seems that you do not like harem and ecchi scenes,right?But let's face it,light novels are mainly for the Japanese market and the reality is that Japanese light novel fans and otaku like harem and ecchi scenes.Right now,light novels with harem element which have some fan service/ecchi scenes dominate the Japanese light novel market.It's a trend among the otakus,so it's understandable that the author wants to add some harem elements in the series itself.However,SAO is actually one of the few harem light novels which has minimal fan service or ecchi scenes.There is only one Chapter 16.5 that contains ecchi or hentai scenes which I think should not be considered as a part of the main story and only for those who like ecchi.

Zakoo
2011-05-29, 10:25
As far as I know Tsunade, not really, just like beginning a harem where the fight is already lost ( Asuna is the end girl ... Or should I say the girl of the beginning ), it's adding pain for nothing.

Look at how Sugu became when she learnt who was Kirito. I was "argggh". Sometime plain romance is better than going into the harem... Though I must say that because volume 1 was my favorite, the chara development was great and everything.

tomtkp
2011-06-09, 10:36
News from Dengeki Bunko

SAO Vol.8 will be out on August 10th which will be titled "Early and Late"
Vol.8 will be a collections of 3 side stories,including the year end special side story Calibur,SAO web version side story 5 "A Murder Case in the Area" and original (exclusively in light novel version) side story called "Day of Beginning".

Kunagisa
2011-08-18, 11:31
I swear Dengeki's autumn festival's like taunting me (Link (http://db2011fes.dengeki.com/)).

All the girls on there have an anime but Asuna AND Kuroyukihime.

zerodragon
2011-08-18, 14:20
I swear Dengeki's autumn festival's like taunting me (Link (http://db2011fes.dengeki.com/)).

All the girls on there have an anime but Asuna AND Kuroyukihime.

does anyone know who the girl at the bottom left with silver hair is?

Xacual
2011-08-18, 15:24
does anyone know who the girl at the bottom left with silver hair is?

Which bottom left, the image at the top of the page, or the links at the bottom? I think the one is Fear from C^3, the other is from Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon I think?

Zakoo
2011-08-19, 17:05
you can't talk about anime here, it's forbidden as long as SAO doesn't have one!!

Same goes for Accel world :upset:

Om Nerabdator
2011-08-28, 05:37
ok just read the 1st volume and i loved it ^^ then relised that asuna was still captive in v3-4 so i skiped them cause i couldnt stand reading it if they werent together i read the last bit of v4 and im glad i did skip them i mean that guy was sick he was gonna make her a puppet then go over to the hospital and rape her comatose body........im so gald i skiped

Zakoo
2011-08-29, 02:20
It's badass though, since the rest of the story will probably happen in ALO ( I mean V7 + ), you should read it to get the setting.

I didn't want to read it too, but the author is really good, even without the perfect couple, He gave me the will the read.

Om Nerabdator
2011-08-29, 03:27
na ill leave v3-4 alone, i really liked v2 pity its not finished being translated. I wish they were as fast as index,
GOD they do a whole volume in under a week!!!

Om Nerabdator
2011-10-09, 09:35
i heard kirito and asuna had a duel scene, anyone know what chapter it was?

Master Assassin
2011-10-09, 13:47
Don't really like how there are still girls pining for Kirito when Asuna already won him over (so per se as you guys seem to imply, and from what I interpret from novel illustrations), and with still almost zero information about the novels (I admit I'm pretty lazy to skim through the pages) but anime coming out... Can't really ignore this any longer (but I still ain't gonna skim through the pages, hehe).

... I think I remember now. I stopped halfway in the first volume, or so if memory serves.

endarion88
2011-10-18, 15:36
i wanted to try read this (what as been translated on B-T) but i read some books are side story or not in cronological order, if i want to read the main story in cronological order which book shoult i read?

Xacual
2011-10-18, 15:42
You know there's a timeline on the BT page for the series with everything in order.

endarion88
2011-10-18, 16:38
sorry didn't see it, thank you

tomtkp
2011-12-02, 09:09
SAO 9th volume is slated for Feburary 2012 release. (Source: Ranobe-mori (http://ranobe-mori.net/))

The subtitle for Vol.9 is "Alicization.Beginning" (アリシゼーション・ビギニング). This volume will mark the beginning of the Alicization arc.

Kunagisa
2011-12-02, 10:40
SAO 9th volume is slated for Feburary 2012 release. (Source: Ranobe-mori (http://ranobe-mori.net/))

The subtitle for Vol.9 is "Alicization.Beginning" (アリシゼーション・ビギニング). This volume will mark the beginning of the Alicization arc.

HOooooaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm behind, so behindddddddddddddddd.

Sleep_ping
2011-12-03, 00:40
HOooooaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm behind, so behindddddddddddddddd.

Updated to schedule.

EvI
2011-12-08, 19:28
what is the alicization arc?
i really want to know about it D=
kazuto/kirito will no longer be the protagonist? =´(

Athena
2011-12-08, 20:42
Alicization arc seems to be on hold...I don't really know the details though.

EDIT: After checking, Teh_Ping will do it.

tomtkp
2011-12-09, 02:05
what is the alicization arc?
i really want to know about it D=
kazuto/kirito will no longer be the protagonist? =´(

Although I knew much of the detail but I won't spoil it here because Alicization arc involves spoiler from the Phantom Bullet arc (GGO).

But don't worry, the Kirito/Kazuto we know is still our protagonist in this arc.

EvI
2011-12-09, 17:17
Although I knew much of the detail but I won't spoil it here because Alicization arc involves spoiler from the Phantom Bullet arc (GGO).

But don't worry, the Kirito/Kazuto we know is still our protagonist in this arc.

thanks mate
kirito is one of my favorite protagonists so a history of "SAO" without him would no longer be "SAO"=D

Undertaker
2011-12-09, 18:35
I actually have yet to follow this LN personally I like Accel World better, but I thought SAO is pretty much the protagonists getting into trouble in MMORPG, getting out of it only to be getting back into it in another game...

Xacual
2011-12-09, 18:40
I actually have yet to follow this LN personally I like Accel World better, but I thought SAO is pretty much the protagonists getting into trouble in MMORPG, getting out of it only to be getting back into it in another game...

I guess that works for a really simplified summary, I'd say it's slightly more complex than that though. Really just read volume 1, it's a good introductory novel.

Undertaker
2011-12-09, 20:01
I know it was more complicated than that and I did read a bit of V1 online, it just didn't register to me like Accel World did. Although maybe I just have problem with MMO games. I liked .Hack series before I realizes they just keep re-using the same setting and concentrate only on the in-game aspect of the characters.

Though with that being said, I'm planning on watching the series and then decide if I want to spend the money and digging myself into another LN holes.

Athena
2011-12-09, 23:36
If I remember well, people said that Accel World had many plot holes...don't know if it's true though.

Undertaker
2011-12-10, 08:54
There are some holes but nothing out of ordinary considering the genre. (sci-fi, action,battle)

Beside too many plot points are still in the dark so it's hard to say.

I personally find the actual writing and pace to be better. (again compare what little I read in SAO V1 and based on official Chinese version) And I simply like the cast better as well as that it seems to have much more character interaction (in real live) which is also what draws me to that series.

tomtkp
2011-12-10, 10:27
There are some holes but nothing out of ordinary considering the genre. (sci-fi, action,battle)

Beside too many plot points are still in the dark so it's hard to say.

I personally find the actual writing and pace to be better. (again compare what little I read in SAO V1 and based on official Chinese version) And I simply like the cast better as well as that it seems to have much more character interaction (in real live) which is also what draws me to that series.

I think I am just at the opposite end. SAO characters are much more closer to me than AW characters do. I always feel something odd while reading AW and eventually I dropped it. And at the same time, I am getting more and more committed to SAO over time.

djmaca
2011-12-12, 21:04
I just started and wow... the whole setup had me addicted. I could also feel something funny going on when I arrived at the final chapter of volume 3. Clearly something is up.

I just can't wait for the anime anymore XD.

EvI
2011-12-12, 21:16
i think SAO is better,because of the characters, but AW is not that bad
AW is in the same world as SAO? just curiosity :P

djmaca
2011-12-12, 21:27
i think SAO is better,because of the characters, but AW is not that bad
AW is in the same world as SAO? just curiosity :P

They're the same author... But I don't think they happen in the same universe. I can already point several differences when I started reading SAO: like how SAO is missing that neuro-link thingy commonly used in AW.

And while SAO is modded off from MMORPG that promotes adventuring and interacting with people, AW is more PvP based gaming....

*Avid AW follower here*

ff7_freak
2011-12-12, 21:58
Think I read somewhere that AW is set 100 or more years in the future from SAO. So they are set in the same world, just different time periods

djmaca
2011-12-12, 22:05
Think I read somewhere that AW is set 100 or more years in the future from SAO. So they are set in the same world, just different time periods

So SAO's a prequel to Accel World?

ff7_freak
2011-12-12, 22:13
I just finished checking another site, and it said they may be set in the same universe. If so, it is only around 20 years ahead. SAO begins at 2022, and Accel World starts at 2046.

Xacual
2011-12-12, 22:31
I just finished checking another site, and it said they may be set in the same universe. If so, it is only around 20 years ahead. SAO begins at 2022, and Accel World starts at 2046.

Yeah this is right. There's also the theory about the main heroine of AW being Kirito and Asuna's kid since we keep not getting her name whenever it comes up.

tomtkp
2011-12-13, 04:19

I am not 100 percent sure SAO is a prequel to AW but I do agree and sure that SAO and AW are in the same universe, just like Nasuverse's Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukuhime and Fate. Instead I would personally declare SAO and AW are in the "Rekiverse":D. The relationship between SAO and AW will become more apparent when SAO enters the 4th arc: Alicization.

ff7_freak
2011-12-13, 04:32
On the accel world manga, chapter 2, page 12, when talking about neuro links, it shows a precurser to the neuro links from a.d. 2020~ (a helmet VR interface) that looks like NervGear in my opinion

EvI
2011-12-13, 21:22
Yeah this is right. There's also the theory about the main heroine of AW being Kirito and Asuna's kid since we keep not getting her name whenever it comes up.

i suspected this already...it's so confusing
but well it's good enough right
i mean both novels are good so it is fine,however if kirito and asuna appear in AW i don't know if i would still like it in the same way,personally i don't like when they put old protagonists as support characters it just doesn't feel right to me :/

djmaca
2011-12-13, 22:58
i suspected this already...it's so confusing
but well it's good enough right
i mean both novels are good so it is fine,however if kirito and asuna appear in AW i don't know if i would still like it in the same way,personally i don't like when they put old protagonists as support characters it just doesn't feel right to me :/

Opposite for me: I would like it, given that AW is a sequel series to SAO. It would always make me nerdgasm when I see protagonist of the prequel appearing as a support character and give the protagonist a much needed help. The only time I would hate it is if the returning character steals the show... unless he's awesome enough to be forgiven.

To give out an example: Miyu from MaiHiME appearing in MaiOtome, confirming that Arika is her mistress' decendant.

Reincarnated
2011-12-13, 23:48
is there any manga for SAO? Interested to try this series considering it will have an anime in the future.

Riki
2011-12-13, 23:51
is there any manga for SAO? Interested to try this series considering it will have an anime in the future.

There is a manga, but its better u read the LN since the manga is slow

Reincarnated
2011-12-14, 00:04
I'm not a type of LN readers, have to read the manga first to build the 'imagination' ^^;

djmaca
2011-12-14, 00:08
^It's based on an online game with a floating castle, monsters and PK addicts... How hard can imagining that be?

Xacual
2011-12-14, 00:23
I'm not a type of LN readers, have to read the manga first to build the 'imagination' ^^;

The manga is considered to be pretty bad. I'd really, really strongly urge to read the novel instead.

tomtkp
2011-12-14, 01:14

LN itself also has some illustrations or pics for you to build your "imagination" but if you insist in reading the manga, then it's fine. However, I am a bit afraid that you might not like the manga to the point you won't even want to read the LN anymore because of the art.

ff7_freak
2011-12-14, 01:23
there are 4 chapters of the manga avalible, but my advce is to avoid them, as they don't do justice to the light novels

djmaca
2011-12-14, 04:01
^They're not that bad... but the art quality in the LN IS more superior of the two.

tomtkp
2011-12-14, 07:32
Here's a preview pic for SAO Vol 9 "Alicization.Beginning" from Accel World Vol 10
Link: http://ameblo.jp/yukari2meromero3/image-11104174563-11665808736.html

The pic basically shows what's happening at the beginning of web version Chapter 1.
"Kirito" becomes a lumberjack along with his partner "Mr Nice Guy" Yujio on the right hand corner of the pic.
YUJIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Finally, I have waited so long for your illustration. Abec version of Yujio looks like a shouta though, different from the doujin pic version which he looks more like a bishounen.
But what surprised me is that damn giant tree at the background. I never thought the tree would be this big. Web version did mentioned that the giant tree has 4 metres in diameter and 70 metres in height. Maybe there is a problem with my imagination.

Kunagisa
2011-12-14, 14:30
I think I am just at the opposite end. SAO characters are much more closer to me than AW characters do. I always feel something odd while reading AW and eventually I dropped it. And at the same time, I am getting more and more committed to SAO over time.

You heretic! Oh well, each to their own taste.

Technically this is from AW, but there's no AW light novel thread, so I'll just leave this here. kukuku.

http://i.imgur.com/DC04y.jpg

djmaca
2011-12-14, 21:30

Technically this is from AW, but there's no AW light novel thread, so I'll just leave this here. kukuku.

Can't read Japanese script... Is that like Silver Crow meets Kirito? I thought there was a rumor that Princess Snow Black's parent's were Kirito and Asuna?

Xacual
2011-12-14, 21:32
Can't read Japanese script... Is that like Silver Crow meets Kirito? I thought there was a rumor that Princess Snow Black's parent's were Kirito and Asuna?

It's a what if story.

tsunade666
2011-12-15, 00:55
Haru would ended up being bullied :D it's written all over his face. It's the meeting of the GAR and the UNDERDOG :p

EvI
2011-12-15, 10:26
the only diference between haru and kirito is that haru is small and fat and kirito is tall and thin (physically) o-o"
is he going to show up at the AW series? oh mam... =/
(djmaca will have a nerdgasm XD)

MrTerrorist
2011-12-15, 10:58
there are 4 chapters of the manga avalible, but my advce is to avoid them, as they don't do justice to the light novels

^They're not that bad... but the art quality in the LN IS more superior of the two.

I read the manga first and the art was good for me In fact, it convince me to read the novels.

tomtkp
2011-12-15, 12:43

Don't talk like I am some ruthless person,ok?!!!:frustrated: (Just kidding:D)
There is still a possibility that I will pick up AW once again but honestly I don't know when that time might come. Maybe sometime in the future depending on my mood but now I just don't feel like it.

About the SAO and AW crossover, I remember it's from the story called "Versus" which got published in Dengeki Bunko Magazine, am I right? Looking forward to their fight.

Off topic question, did anyone read Kawahara-sensei's third web novel other than SAO and AW which was called "Absolute Solitude"? Did anyone know the synopsis of the story? I heard it's a sci-fi story involving extraterrestrial life.

djmaca
2011-12-15, 19:12
the only diference between haru and kirito is that haru is small and fat and kirito is tall and thin (physically) o-o"
is he going to show up at the AW series? oh mam... =/
(djmaca will have a nerdgasm XD)

Oi Haru has inferiority complex while Kirito is an all around hero...

Silver Crow and the Black Swordsman back to back while surrounded by enemies.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!

hayate-sama
2011-12-16, 12:15
I read the manga first and the art was good for me In fact, it convince me to read the novels.

I bang my head to the wall when I read the manga literally , sorry It just that bad, compared to accel world manga :twitch: which is beautiful and consistence with the novel image.

Just bought Dengeki bunko Magazine and the SAO 4koma is godly :D I bought the magazine specially for the 4koma.

If you guys wonder who does Cline use the resurrection stone for :heh: here is the answer

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0223.jpg

BTW Sachi is cute, if she survive, Asuna will lose for sure :heh:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0224.jpg

from the 4koma

Jealousy
Kirito: I only joined a guild once
Asuna: eh, really
Kirito: the name is 傑作 (not sure what this should be translated the dictionary said it is masterpiece) though, BCOTFM
Asuna: so does that guild have any girl in it
Kirito: ah, only one though
Asuna: ........... (burning with jealousy)
Kirito: what ?
:heh:

Sleep_ping
2011-12-19, 08:41
Well, time to do a little shameless self-advert. Here's GGO Chapter 10 (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online:Volume_6_Chapter_ 10)

Chapter 11's done already, just needs some editing.

tsunade666
2011-12-19, 08:56
Oi Haru has inferiority complex while Kirito is an all around hero...

Silver Crow and the Black Swordsman back to back while surrounded by enemies.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!

but it looks like they are fighting in AW book 10 :uhoh: the crossover one

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/226/aw10305.png

DON'T TOUCH MY LOLI KICK

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3531/aw10315.png

djmaca
2011-12-19, 09:37
^Oh my LORD! THAT's so awesome.... I can't wait for the translations. I hope they do it in the anime or the manga to.

Riki
2011-12-19, 09:43
^ Probably in the OVA at best~~

EvI
2011-12-19, 21:02
they are fighting each other???? o-O
why?

tomtkp
2011-12-20, 01:59
they are fighting each other???? o-O
why?

This story is actually a SAO and AW collaboration story named "Versus" which was written as the "2009/2010 Year End Specials" in the author's personal website. Ths story told of Kirito accidentally being sent into the future by using some kind of machine (which is important in Alicization arc) and met Haruyuki (Silver.Crow) who thought of Kirito as an intruder. The battle started when Haruyuki launched an attack on Kirito.

EvI
2011-12-20, 08:53
haru is crazy? attacking someone just because he thought it was a intruder?

i hope someone translate and post it on baka tsuki :/

tomtkp
2011-12-20, 09:35
haru is crazy? attacking someone just because he thought it was a intruder?

i hope someone translate and post it on baka tsuki :/

No, Haru is not crazy. What Haru means "an intruder" is that Kirito has entered into his private area. Normally, only Haru, Kuroyukihime and his friends can enter his private area but now someone he doesn't know has entered this area, that's why he believes Kirito is an intruder. Besides, Haru mentions that he feels a very strong aura coming from Kirito, not because Kirito gives out his killing intent. It's because Haru senses that Kirito is probably very strong, maybe at the same level as Kuroyukihime. That aura triggers Haru's battle instinct and so Haru launches an attack on Kirito.

Zakoo
2012-01-02, 17:55
Just read the last part of volume2, Rudolph the red noised ... Man that was sad, I understand now why somebody said it was the saddest part of SAO, true at the end of volume 1 I was in a desesperate situation but it's even worse now.

tomtkp
2012-01-11, 12:58
One month before the release, the cover illustration of Volume 9 Alicization Beginning is here.

http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/outitem/up/img/26135.png

EDIT: I use another link for the picture. Tell me if you still cannot see the picture.

ソードアート・オンライン9 アリシゼーション・ビギニング
著者/川原 礫 イラスト/abec 定価 683円

再び≪抜け出せないデスゲーム≫の幕が上がる。『アリシゼーション』編、登場!
「ここは……どこだ……?」
 目を覚ますと、キリトは、巨木が連なる森の中──ファンタジーの仮想世界に入り込んでいた。手がかりを求 めて辺りを彷徨うさなか、彼は一人の少年と出会う。
「僕の名前はユージオ。よろしく、キリト君」
 この世界の住人──つまり≪NPC≫である少年は、なんら人間と変わらない感情の豊かさを持ち合わせてい た。ユージオと親交を深めるキリトだが、その脳裏にとある記憶がよみがえる。
 それは、子供時代のキリトがユージオと一緒に野山を駆け回っていた思い出。そこには、ユージオともう一人 、金色の髪を持つ少女の姿があった。名前は、アリス。忘れてはいけないはずの、大切な少女だった。ウェブ上 で最も支持を得た超人気エピソード登場!

I have no intention of translating these into English as I am not very familar with Japanese but I will replace it with my own introduction to Alicization arc.

Alicization is the fourth arc in the SAO main storyline after Aincrad, Fairy Dance and Death Gun (Phantom Bullet). Serialised during the year 2005 to 2008 in the author's website, it is the current longest arc of the series with a whopping 308 parts. It is said that Alicization arc is longer that the total combined volume of the previous three arcs.

The story takes place after half a year from the Death Gun incident (two months after the end of Mother's Rosario). Kirito tells Asuna and Shinon in Dicey Cafe (Agil's cafe) that he was doing a part-time job with an organisation called RATH to test a new generation full dive machine called STL for 3 days non-stop until yesterday. STL is different from any other NERDLES technologies (NervGear and Amusphere) and is said to be more advanced than NERDLES. However, Kirito cannot recall what he's been doing during the dive because his memory had been blocked by the staff at RATH for confidential reasons but the only thing Kirito knew from the staff was that the virtual world he had dived is called "Underworld" or UW for short. Despite without (or couldn't recall) the memory of his time in the virtual world, Kirito feels somehow familar when he hears the word "Alice".......

To some who had read the web version Chapter 1 in BT and wonder why my introduction is different from what was written in Chapter 1, there's no need to worry about. And like any other stories, it is best for you to just explore the story and find the answer yourself. Just like when you were watching Steins;Gate.

My comments on the cover illustrations:
This time it's two males just like in Volume 8. While there's Kirito as usual, there's one teenager beside Kirito. Though the teenager looks more awesome than I ever imagined. And look what the teenager is holding, it's:

Sword of the Blue Rose
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! The fanboy in me roars.

Another point I would like to point out is the price of this volume. It's 683 yen. It means that this voulme would be as thick as Volume 6 and 8. Probably in the range of 400-500 pages. One thing for sure is that it will not be less than 400 pages.

EvI
2012-01-11, 15:22
it's not showing here the image of the corver
man this got me excited about this,who is alice? and the other guy whom i don't know the name? what is this stuff about kirito memories ?
oh boy there are so many mystery...*fainted*

Dr_Crowbar
2012-01-11, 15:45
Link for http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1202.php#new6

Athena
2012-01-11, 21:03
400 pages??? That's like, the double of a normal LN!

EvI
2012-01-11, 21:21
thanks it really is a simple cover but it maked me intrigued and wanting to know more about it i really hope to see it translated soon ^--^

larethian
2012-01-11, 23:04
400 pages??? That's like, the double of a normal LN!

No need to be so surprised. LNs are 270-320 pages on average, so it's not double. And there are already quite a number of series that have volumes every now and then going up to nearly 400 and beyond as well.
Daiden, Itsuten, Mahouka, Index, Shana, just to name a few.

Athena
2012-01-11, 23:50
...wait, I thought that normal LNs were about 250 pages?

tomtkp
2012-01-12, 00:46
...wait, I thought that normal LNs were about 250 pages?

Yeah, most of the LNs nowadays are still in the range of 250-300 pages but some LNs are starting to get beyond the 300-page limit. A LN that has a volume with 400-500 pages long is quite rare but this fact is nothing compared to Horizon which can reach about 1000 pages per book.

Undertaker
2012-01-12, 07:33
Yeah, Kawakami Minoru has tendency of writing long volumes.

But like everyone says, most light novel are around 300 pages with a few volume in a series that can go as high as 400 or over. 250 is actually fairly rare to see.

Only series I Know that are consistently around 250 pages and below is Maria-sama ga Miteru and Ginban Kaleidoscope, basically the female-oriented LNs.

Kleeyook
2012-01-12, 07:53
Light novels with more than 300 pages are no longer light...

Sleep_ping
2012-01-12, 10:57
Even Unicorn is lighter than them. (Mostly)

Yeah, SAO averages about 280-450 pages. Now you can imagine how much I had to plan just to slot that SAO Vol 6 into the December timeslot when it had 445 pages.

Also, Infinite Stratos and Haganai are pretty short.

Undertaker
2012-01-12, 11:08
I forgot about IS, they are in the 250 ranges as well.

But yeah, I have the same dilemma, got too many LN piled up but no time to read them even when I use speed reading for the times that I have.

Sleep_ping
2012-01-12, 11:09
I forgot about IS, they are in the 250 ranges as well.

But yeah, I have the same dilemma, got too many LN piled up but no time to read them even when I use speed reading for the times that I have.

Which reminds me, why did I take up so many projects again...

hnryirawan
2012-01-14, 09:08
Can someone please translate the Haruyuki vs Kirito chapter? I'm dying to know right here.

It's only one chapter...

hoshino_crimsonwings
2012-01-31, 11:31
Anyone know if a group has already fully translated volume 7? BT's is still incomplete. :[

Veil of Seph
2012-02-07, 07:38
One of my all time face reads. Also one of the best MC pairings ever

Sleep_ping
2012-02-08, 10:47
Anyone know if a group has already fully translated volume 7? BT's is still incomplete. :[

That's your only source. Not like it will be incomplete next month anyway.

Rebreaker
2012-02-09, 07:36
http://i.imgur.com/BWTkk.jpg

Sleep_ping
2012-02-09, 09:21
SAO has been on BT since the beginning of the site but most of the released LNs still haven't been fully translated yet. Volume 6 is fully translated but vol. 5 which is the first part of GGO arc is not. Vol. 7 still struck at ch. 4 or 5 and I have no idea between Kirito and Yuki, who is stronger. :(
Also vol. 9, why another guy. Only Cline and Egil as sidekicks are enough. :(

Bold part 1: Correction, it was there 4 years after BT was formed.

Bold part 2: 5 out of 8 novels are fully translated? You call that most of the released LN? And there are new SS translated now?

Seriously, the way most of you complain about the lack of translation is worse than people wandering in the Sinai desert for 40 years. (and btw, I've already set in stone my schedule for this series, so be patient or you have to be my patient)

http://i.imgur.com/BWTkk.jpg

And btw, it'll be released tomorrow.

Miraluka
2012-02-15, 11:06
Its out already.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Wilfriback/KiritovsSilverCrow.jpg

hayate-sama
2012-02-15, 11:49
New SAO manga "SAO Fairy Dance" will start in April on the 25th issue of dengeki bunko magazine with new illustrator whose name I cannot read, the first SAO manga end next month.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0165-1.jpg

here is the HQ link, now someone can give me illustrator name

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0165.jpg

Edit1: SAO manga next month not this month, Asuna just take a hit for Kirito so one more chapter to go.

Edit2: this my favorite from this month 4koma:

"because he is a boy"
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0167-1.jpg

HQ (http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0167.jpg)

"Prank"
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0168-1.jpg

HQ (http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0168.jpg)

All hail 16.5

Kleeyook
2012-02-15, 14:16
I have a question! Is Kirito the strongest guy in this series!? He's unrivaled that only the bigbad from vol. 1 can beat him yet he lost to Yuki in vol. 7.

I want to know the reason why Yuki's group didn't recruit Kirito instead of Asuna as well as what kind of secret they hold.

And Hiroyuki from Accel World seems to be pretty weak if we were to compare him to Kirito. He's more like a joker while Kirito is the ace.

Xacual
2012-02-15, 14:18
I want to know the reason why Yuki's group didn't recruit Kirito instead of Asuna as well as what kind of secret they hold.

They said the reason they didn't recruit him is because he figured out their secret. A real novel reader can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but they're a group of hospital patients so they literally live in the game they play like all the SAO players lived in SAO which made them better players.

Kleeyook
2012-02-15, 14:24
They said the reason they didn't recruit him is because he figured out their secret. A real novel reader can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but they're a group of hospital patients so they literally live in the game they play like all the SAO players lived in SAO which made them better players.

Thanks! I've also read spoiler about that (but it's short and I couldn't figure out the reason then). But now I kind of undersand it better. I really hope the translation of vol. 7 will be continued soon!

Seriousbznz
2012-02-24, 12:29
I'll add on to that from what I heard in a different discussion.
The black haired girl who chose Asuna has cancer.
Though, don't quote me on this since it's only something I have heard and can't confirm for myself.

EvI
2012-02-24, 13:18
New SAO manga "SAO Fairy Dance" will start in April on the 25th issue of dengeki bunko magazine with new illustrator whose name I cannot read, the first SAO manga end next month.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0165-1.jpg

here is the HQ link, now someone can give me illustrator name

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0165.jpg

Edit1: SAO manga next month not this month, Asuna just take a hit for Kirito so one more chapter to go.

Edit2: this my favorite from this month 4koma:

"because he is a boy"
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0167-1.jpg

HQ (http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0167.jpg)

"Prank"
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0168-1.jpg

HQ (http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/hayate-sama_vns/IMAG0168.jpg)

All hail 16.5

if only the manga reached this part...
damn it is really slow like this for the translation of the manga? =/

Kleeyook
2012-02-24, 14:48
I'll add on to that from what I heard in a different discussion.
The black haired girl who chose Asuna has cancer.
Though, don't quote me on this since it's only something I have heard and can't confirm for myself.

Wait! I think she had something much worse, HIV from her mom when she was still in her mom's womb. i saw it on the discussion and on JAP wiki page. :(

rhyka13
2012-03-28, 05:25
im new here, and read only the manga SAO, and then find out that there a light novel of SAO.but before reading it, i browse first the novel ilustration, and find out that theres 2 KIRITO
(fairy kirito and human kirito).. are there 2 different KIRITOS? or they are the same?

bludvein
2012-03-28, 05:37
im new here, and read only the manga SAO, and then find out that there a light novel of SAO.but before reading it, i browse first the novel ilustration, and find out that theres 2 KIRITO
(fairy kirito and human kirito).. are there 2 different KIRITOS? or they are the same?

The fairy/elf Kirito is his avatar in a different MMO that he is playing after SAO ends. Same person though.

rhyka13
2012-03-28, 05:48
The fairy/elf Kirito is his avatar in a different MMO that he is playing after SAO ends. Same person though.

thanks.. you mean they are different stories and characters and no asuna? so they finish SAO and play and become trap again in another MMO????

Fallen3dge
2012-03-28, 06:18
thanks.. you mean they are different stories and characters and no asuna? so they finish SAO and play and become trap again in another MMO????

Kirito is a player character..he was trapped in SAO and cleared the game in the first volume. the Fairy Kirito is another character he play in ALO. This is a true GAME as in they are not trapped and P2P. Asuna remains his girlfriend

bludvein
2012-03-28, 06:20
Well I don't want to spoil it for you, but Asuna is a long term character. She sticks around, even if her role isn't quite as active.

Sleep_ping
2012-03-28, 09:37
Well, this is a LN thread. Spoilers are bound to happen somewhat.

Wait! I think she had something much worse, HIV from her mom when she was still in her mom's womb. i saw it on the discussion and on JAP wiki page. :(

It's actually worse (yet less likely in RL). The doctors gave the mother HIV positive blood (accidentally, but seriously...) because the mother had too much blood loss due to caesarian section. Now, considering how HIV is spread through fluids, what's the source of food babies need when they're young?

(Oh btw, the father also got it from the mother)

Here's a little breakdown of the volumes so that you don't have to wonder much about what's going on.

Volume 1: Sword Art Online, the game where it all began through the Nerve Gear/NERDLES (I use the former since NERDLES sound so...nerdy?). This is where the main story actually takes place, describing the first few days and the last few days in the game.

Volume 2: Side Stories of Sword Art Online. Basically a collection of stories that happened in Sword Art Online.

Volume 3, 4: ALFhiem Online. This game is basically a safer version after the previous fiasco that was SAO. It's practically a different game, which is why you see Kirito with wings, but the idea behind it is the same. To avoid confusion, the land is called New Aincrad.

Volume 5, 6: Gun Gale Online. Think of it as Virtual world Counter Strike. It's a First Person Shooter, unlike the previous two that were MMORPGs.

Volume 7: Side story where the setting is moved back to ALO. Doesn't involve Kirito as the point of focus.

Volume 8: Side stories. First one's about SAO, second one's about ALO.

Volume 9: Alicization. Will take a long time to explain, but it's a whole different game though. Expected to last for 10 volumes.

Fallen3dge
2012-03-28, 10:02
Well, this is a LN thread. Spoilers are bound to happen somewhat.

It's actually worse (yet less likely in RL). The doctors gave the mother HIV positive blood (accidentally, but seriously...) because the mother had too much blood loss due to caesarian section. Now, considering how HIV is spread through fluids, what's the source of food babies need when they're young?

(Oh btw, the father also got it from the mother)

Here's a little breakdown of the volumes so that you don't have to wonder much about what's going on.

Volume 1: Sword Art Online, the game where it all began through the Nerve Gear/NERDLES (I use the former since NERDLES sound so...nerdy?). This is where the main story actually takes place, describing the first few days and the last few days in the game.

Volume 2: Side Stories of Sword Art Online. Basically a collection of stories that happened in Sword Art Online.

Volume 3, 4: ALFhiem Online. This game is basically a safer version after the previous fiasco that was SAO. It's practically a different game, which is why you see Kirito with wings, but the idea behind it is the same. To avoid confusion, the land is called New Aincrad.

Volume 5, 6: Gun Gale Online. Think of it as Virtual world Counter Strike. It's a First Person Shooter, unlike the previous two that were MMORPGs.

Volume 7: Side story where the setting is moved back to ALO. Doesn't involve Kirito as the point of focus.

Volume 8: Side stories. First one's about SAO, second one's about ALO.

Volume 9: Alicization. Will take a long time to explain, but it's a whole different game though. Expected to last for 10 volumes.
Isnt ALO situated in Alfhiem? Oh and teh, do you follow the web novel?

Sleep_ping
2012-03-28, 10:13
Isnt ALO situated in Alfhiem? Oh and teh, do you follow the web novel?

ALO is ALFheim Online.

As for the web novel, no. Trying to keep my bet here...

Fallen3dge
2012-03-28, 10:16
ALO is ALFheim Online.

As for the web novel, no. Trying to keep my bet here...

Hmm did they ever statewhere ALO is based? I know the have names of tsppecific areas and of course THAT castle later on.
By bet you mean self restraint?

Sleep_ping
2012-03-28, 10:33
Hmm did they ever statewhere ALO is based? I know the have names of tsppecific areas and of course THAT castle later on.
By bet you mean self restraint?

ALO is actually a modified version of SAO. The setting is called New Aincrad, as compared to the old version of SAO that had Aincrad (old) as the setting. New features includes flight in non-dungeon areas and magic. This isn't like SAO where they were all locked. They were still able to get out, but the plot, well, I'll leave it to you.

As for bet, what I meant is having to translate Volumes 7 and 8 before the anime airs.

Kleeyook
2012-03-28, 15:25
I wonder what happened to the leader of "Laughing Coffin" since he hasn't made appearance yet. Will he appear in Alicization? The author kind of left a cliffhanger in vol. 6.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

And seriously, Kirito lost against Zekken? Even though he only used one sword and didn't go all out. I thought he was unrivaled. :(

tomtkp
2012-03-30, 04:25
I wonder what happened to the leader of "Laughing Coffin" since he hasn't made appearance yet. Will he appear in Alicization? The author kind of left a cliffhanger in vol. 6.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

And seriously, Kirito lost against Zekken? Even though he only used one sword and didn't go all out. I thought he was unrivaled. :(

The leader of "Laughing Coffin" has made an appearance in Volume 8 first side story "A Murder Case in the Area" which is one of SAO (game) side stories.

Fallen3dge
2012-03-30, 05:50
ALO is actually a modified version of SAO. The setting is called New Aincrad, as compared to the old version of SAO that had Aincrad (old) as the setting. New features includes flight in non-dungeon areas and magic. This isn't like SAO where they were all locked. They were still able to get out, but the plot, well, I'll leave it to you.

As for bet, what I meant is having to translate Volumes 7 and 8 before the anime airs.

Plotwise i'm up to date :) been following this since late last year when trans was still at v4. Was really glad to see you hop on though. I only lack info about like the most detailed of stuff untranslated. Like say his sword in v7 or v9 stuff. I roughly get the gist of alicization though.
its kinda like the original SAO where he gets trapped. I wonder how much "real-time" he's stuck in there already

AlaAlba
2012-04-01, 09:07
Just picked off where I left on 8, and it helped me remind myself why I like this novel while reading this volume. The adventure to get that "Excalibre?" are gotten bigger than anyone ever thought and it surely an exciting one. And the 3rd side story is shorter than I would like it to be, need it more :D

But still, I can't get myself to like Alicization, maybe I'll grow to more like it after I read it...

Fallen3dge
2012-04-01, 09:35
Just picked off where I left on 8, and it helped me remind myself why I like this novel while reading this volume. The adventure to get that "Excalibre?" are gotten bigger than anyone ever thought and it surely an exciting one. And the 3rd side story is shorter than I would like it to be, need it more :D

But still, I can't get myself to like Alicization, maybe I'll grow to more like it after I read it...

I think First Day will be one of the first few ep of anime

AlaAlba
2012-04-01, 10:24
^ That'd be nice.
That Copel guy, he must be the few first names to be written on the stone :D

I always feel it's too bad for the author to jump to level 74 as soon as volume 1, and only make SAO arc only two volumes, and making it into few SS :( I always prefer SAO arc than Alicization, we want to see more SAO don't we? heck I wish it would be 10 volumes length and aliciz would only 2 volumes instead.
Maybe the author fear the reader would be bored at the first few volumes and make it shorter? *sigh*

I still can't imagine why aliciz would be that long...

Utsuro no Hako
2012-04-01, 12:39
^ That'd be nice.
That Copel guy, he must be the few first names to be written on the stone :D

I always feel it's too bad for the author to jump to level 74 as soon as volume 1,

I wouldn't've minded starting on the 74th if the story hadn't ended on the 75th. Kirito totally derailed the plot when it was getting interesting.

hao-sama
2012-04-01, 14:25
i would've preferred it if we actually followed the storyline from their login up to the clearing. i didn't really like the following arcs (ALO, GGO, etc) that much compared to the original SAO. also, Heathcliff would've made more of an impact that way.

read the freshly translated part of The First Day...

"Actually, journeying swordsman, my daughter..."

—And her daughter was stricken with a severe illness that was completely unfazed even when given medicine from the market (this was inside the pot) and there was no other way to cure her daughter aside from making her drink medicine gotten from the ovules of carnivorous plants inhabiting the forest further to the west with the problem being that plants of that particular type were of extreme danger and those that actually bloom were rarely seen on top of that resulting in her complete inability to obtain any hence if only a swordsman was able fetch it in her stead to whom she will gladly offer a long sword handed down in her family as an expression of gratitude.

man, is that a running sentence or what. :heh:

AlaAlba
2012-04-01, 23:14
^ HA! thanks for having the same thoughts with me :D

Yeah, even if not make the storyline from 1 to 75 like you say, I'll be happy to see at least 10 little arcs from that 1-75. Instead we have aliciz :mad: The title is SAO right? not aliciz :p
I don't really like other arcs because the players don't really die anymore. It's just another mmorpg, who cares about some common mmorpg? :heh:

I really hope the anime would do only SAO, put some fillers(ofc about SAO) and end it still about SAO :p

lol @ that sentence :heh:

tomtkp
2012-04-02, 04:03
^ HA! thanks for having the same thoughts with me :D

Yeah, even if not make the storyline from 1 to 75 like you say, I'll be happy to see at least 10 little arcs from that 1-75. Instead we have aliciz :mad: The title is SAO right? not aliciz :p
I don't really like other arcs because the players don't really die anymore. It's just another mmorpg, who cares about some common mmorpg? :heh:

I really hope the anime would do only SAO, put some fillers(ofc about SAO) and end it still about SAO :p

lol @ that sentence :heh:

Which part of Alicization had you read? Only the first chapter? Do you have any idea what Alicization is talking about? Or you just can't understand the story? You can't just banish Alicization just because the atmosphere of the story is different from the first three arcs and the possiblity that you can't grasp the meaning behind the story.

For me who have read most of Alicization (spoilers from other people), I can say

ALICIZATION IS PURE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the SAO arc looks average in front of Alicization.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 04:40
^mind spoiling alittle then? Like does asuna join him in that world

tomtkp
2012-04-02, 06:02
^mind spoiling alittle then? Like does asuna join him in that world

Asuna did join him in that world. But it will be very late in the story. She will join Kirito in the climax part of Alicization (that will be around Volume 14-15). But don't worry. it doesn't mean that we will have to wait until Volume 14 to see her in action. She is the main character in the real world side while Kirito is in that world.

CNine
2012-04-02, 06:48
Which part of Alicization had you read? Only the first chapter? Do you have any idea what Alicization is talking about? Or you just can't understand the story? You can't just banish Alicization just because the atmosphere of the story is different from the first three arcs and the possiblity that you can't grasp the meaning behind the story.

For me who have read most of Alicization (spoilers from other people), I can say

ALICIZATION IS PURE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really want to know what happen in ALICIZATION? could someone give brief summary?coz i can't read chinese or japanese. is it true that Kirito is die in the end of ALICIZATION[his avatar]?

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 08:19
Asuna did join him in that world. But it will be very late in the story. She will join Kirito in the climax part of Alicization (that will be around Volume 14-15). But don't worry. it doesn't mean that we will have to wait until Volume 14 to see her in action. She is the main character in the real world side while Kirito is in that world.
wait a min
doesnt he interact with NPCs in that world and cant remember anything? so she just pops up or does he remember her?
btw Alicization is still ongoing

tomtkp
2012-04-02, 08:54
i really want to know what happen in ALICIZATION? could someone give brief summary?coz i can't read chinese or japanese. is it true that Kirito is die in the end of ALICIZATION[his avatar]?

I may give a brief summary on the first 6 chapters of Alicization (Volume 9 & 10) in the near future in this thread (when I am free, a bit busy in real life).

wait a min
doesnt he interact with NPCs in that world and cant remember anything? so she just pops up or does he remember her?
btw Alicization is still ongoing

The only time Kirito does not remember anything from the real world is in Chapter 1. In chapter 2, the story heads back to the real world where Kirito tells Asuna and Sinon about his three day non-stop part time job.

Btw, according to Kawahara-sensei in his twitter, Volume 10 will be released in July, the same month as the start of the anime.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 09:03
I may give a brief summary on the first 6 chapters of Alicization (Volume 9 & 10) in the near future in this thread (when I am free, a bit busy in real life).

The only time Kirito does not remember anything from the real world is in Chapter 1. In chapter 2, the story heads back to the real world where Kirito tells Asuna and Sinon about his three day non-stop part time job.

Btw, according to Kawahara-sensei in his twitter, Volume 10 will be released in July, the same month as the start of the anime.

thanks for your effort!

but ._. i thought they wipe his memory when ingame? that means when he does his job and is trapped again he has his memories? or was he never trapped at all, just working

tomtkp
2012-04-02, 09:12
thanks for your effort!

but ._. i thought they wipe his memory when ingame? that means when he does his job and is trapped again he has his memories? or was he never trapped at all, just working

Clue/Hint: Kirito tells Sinon & Asuna that his part time job was to become a tester for the new generation full-dive machine named STL. He full-dived into the unknown virtual world for three days non-stop. But he says that he cannot remember anything during his full dive. He doesn't know what was he doing in the virtual world.

Axiszero
2012-04-02, 09:37
tomtkp, can we at least predict a happy ending between Kirito and Asuna?

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 09:42
Clue/Hint: Kirito tells Sinon & Asuna that his part time job was to become a tester for the new generation full-dive machine named STL. He full-dived into the unknown virtual world for three days non-stop. But he says that he cannot remember anything during his full dive. He doesn't know what was he doing in the virtual world.

so its like an AI ver of him?

CNine
2012-04-02, 10:16

Thank you, thank you very much X 10000:bow:
it's really itching in my mind what really happened in ALICIZATION, since i just read some spoiler about it's web version

Fallen3dge@ according to spoiler[i don't know is this really true],
Kirito memory in game is wiped to save his life by the one he was working for

tomtkp
2012-04-02, 10:44
so its like an AI ver of him?

You will get the full answer in Chapter 4. But at least I can assure you that there's no such thing as a Kirito AI.

@CNine The spoiler you provided is not accurate though.

CNine
2012-04-02, 11:02
You will get the full answer in Chapter 4. But at least I can assure you that there's no such thing as a Kirito AI.

@CNine The spoiler you provided is not accurate though.

well my spoiler is from another spoiler, since from what i read from that spoiler isthe time flow in ALICIZATION is 20 time faster than normal time, and the researcher somehow know that human brain limit is 150 years worth of memory that's lead to Kirito memory wiped out to keep his life from danger coz of brain limit

is that true?
and is it true that Kirito is stabbed by Death Gun in his RL?

bludvein
2012-04-02, 11:30
He didn't actually get stabbed, the syringe struck one of those sensor things that he hadn't had time to get off. That's because he rushed out of the hospital in order to get to Sinon's place in time.

It wasn't for lack of trying on the culprit's part though.

CNine
2012-04-02, 17:38
He didn't actually get stabbed, the syringe struck one of those sensor things that he hadn't had time to get off. That's because he rushed out of the hospital in order to get to Sinon's place in time.

It wasn't for lack of trying on the culprit's part though.

in
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/3/36/Sword_Art_Online_Vol_09_-_002-003.jpg
look closely at Kazuto right arm there is blood here

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 18:11
That in rl? What happened

tomtkp
2012-04-02, 19:41
well my spoiler is from another spoiler, since from what i read from that spoiler isthe time flow in ALICIZATION is 20 time faster than normal time, and the researcher somehow know that human brain limit is 150 years worth of memory that's lead to Kirito memory wiped out to keep his life from danger coz of brain limit

is that true?
and is it true that Kirito is stabbed by Death Gun in his RL?

Ah..I understand your spoiler now. The scene is actually right at the start of the epilogue (or right before the start). And one thing, the time acceleration in Underworld is not just 20 times the normal rate. It's more than that.

About Kirito being stabbed by Death Gun, yeah, bad luck for him. While he was protected by the metal plate last time (GGO arc), this time he's got it for real.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 20:00
Ah..I understand your spoiler now. The scene is actually right at the start of the epilogue (or right before the start). And one thing, the time acceleration in Underworld is not just 20 times the normal rate. It's more than that.

About Kirito being stabbed by Death Gun, yeah, bad luck for him. While he was protected by the metal plate last time (GGO arc), this time he's got it for real.

Did the drug get in his system?

CNine
2012-04-02, 21:00
Did the drug get in his system?

look like he is stabbed with kitchen knife

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 21:03
He wont die from that, he's too cool. LOL. But that really is quite a touching scene. So what happens to death gun 3?

CNine
2012-04-02, 21:10
He wont die from that, he's too cool. LOL. But that really is quite a touching scene. So what happens to death gun 3?

i don't know, since the spoiler i read just mentioned that Kazuto is stabbed by Death Gun[thanx god it's not with sashimi kniffe]

Fallen3dge
2012-04-02, 23:44
Teh ping has wrapped up vol 7. Cheers to him and the other translater! Btw teh are u frm sg or msia?
^that would hurt like hell, looking at where his hand was i think he got cut/stabbed at the left shoulder blade

tomtkp
2012-04-03, 00:36
So what happens to death gun 3?

He is the one who stabbed Kirito with the high pressure injector full of deadly poison.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 01:45
No isnt he the one who stabbed him in alicization?

tomtkp
2012-04-03, 02:16
^
Yes, he (Death Gun No. 3) is the one. In GGO arc, the one who stabbed Kirito but failed to kill him was Death Gun No. 2 (Sinon's former friend). Btw, I think the use of the word "stabbed" is not accurate, the more accurate word is "injected"

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 03:17
Oh, wait wasnt there like a company that tried to hack into the alicization program? Was this stabbing incident related or was it during one of their dates?

Axiszero
2012-04-03, 04:29
Just checking, Death Gun 3 is Junie Black right?

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 04:42

presumably so

tomtkp
2012-04-03, 07:05

Yes, he is Death Gun No. 3 (although it should be Johnny Black instead of Junie Black). His real name is Kanamoto Atsushi.

@Fallen3dge
There was no hacking by any other companies. The motivation behind the stabbing incident though was Johnny's vengeance towards Kirito for foiling their Death Gun plan in the GGO arc.

Axiszero
2012-04-03, 07:34
Well looks like Chrysheight's video camera plan never worked lol........

AlaAlba
2012-04-03, 08:17

No offence tomtkp :heh: I haven't read it, but I will. I only finished volume 8 the other day. I only know that it will make for 10 or so volumes wood version and I only thought isn't it a bit too much for one arc? :p

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 08:42
Yes, he is Death Gun No. 3 (although it should be Johnny Black instead of Junie Black). His real name is Kanamoto Atsushi.

@Fallen3dge
There was no hacking by any other companies. The motivation behind the stabbing incident though was Johnny's vengeance towards Kirito for foiling their Death Gun plan in the GGO arc.

then whats the main plotline behind it? like the problem or something

tomtkp
2012-04-03, 12:30
No offence tomtkp :heh: I haven't read it, but I will. I only finished volume 8 the other day. I only know that it will make for 10 or so volumes wood version and I only thought isn't it a bit too much for one arc? :p

Well, I was just angrying at the sentence "SAO arc should have 10 volumes, alicization should have just only 2 volumes". I mean, it is the author who decides how many volumes should SAO arc have. I also agreed that two volumes for SAO arc may not be enough but that doesn't mean that the writer should reduce the length of Alicization. Alicization is not something that can be end in mere 2 volumes. The story takes a much more serious and darker tone than the previous arcs while retaining the badass action-packed elements. That kind of story won't end so easily. What I was angrying at was that the sentence showed great disrespect to Alicization while we do not know whether the person who wrote this sentence really did read the story. But since you have mentioned your reasons, then it's okay now.

then whats the main plotline behind it? like the problem or something

Conflicts revolving around an ambitious project by an organisation called "Project Alicization". Kirito, being vital to this project, was being pulled back into the centre of the conflict by a surprise attack from Johnny Black.

Gene098
2012-04-03, 15:36
1)Is this story all about in-game life?

2)Is there any romance in-game?

3)Is there any romance outside of game?

4)Are there any events In Real Life?

CNine
2012-04-03, 19:29
1)Is this story all about in-game life?

2)Is there any romance in-game?

3)Is there any romance outside of game?

4)Are there any events In Real Life?

1. there is story in RL too, where Asuna become MC[coz Kazuto at that time is in critical state]
2. always
3. Kazuto is stabbed while he has a date with Asuna[probably]
4. where Asuna disguising herself as staff member of the project[by replacing data of new staff member with her data]

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 19:37
He's in critical state in the hospital?

CNine
2012-04-03, 19:45
He's in critical state in the hospital?

i'm not very know about that, but it's look like Asuna is stalking Kazuto coz in her cellphone there is cardiograph to measure Kazuto heartbeat in everyday live. and in the end of prologue[maybe] his heart is stopped.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 20:01
Waaaah?! Can you give a summary of prologue end? Also the story takes place BEFORE the prologue?

CNine
2012-04-03, 20:41
Waaaah?! Can you give a summary of prologue end? Also the story takes place BEFORE the prologue?

found it at BT forum

Fallen3dge
2012-04-03, 20:45
Oh :( at least ping will do to vol 10...Time to check wenku for vol 9

tomtkp
2012-04-04, 11:24
i'm not very know about that, but it's look like Asuna is stalking Kazuto coz in her cellphone there is cardiograph to measure Kazuto heartbeat in everyday live. and in the end of prologue[maybe] his heart is stopped.

Not just a cardiograph, but is also a GPS locator.

What happened was that before the three day part time job started, Kirito was advised by his employers to implant a chip near his heart to monitor his health conditon should anything arise. But Asuna, who did not really trust Kirito's employer demanded that she needs to monitor his health condition as well, hence Kirito created a program such that his medical data (heart beat etc) can be sent to Asuna's smartphone through the Web. The chip not only tracks Kirito's heartbeat, but also his location through GPS.

and here's a very brief summary of events in the real world (Chapter 2 & 4).

In chapter 2 (Prologue II of Volume 9), Kirito tells Sinon & Asuna about his part time job. Details will be in my brief summary of Chapter 2. After the conversation, the three part ways to head home while Kirito decides to accompany Asuna to her home for a while. When they reach the small playground near Asuna's house, they discover that they have been stalked by Johnny Black, Death Gun No. 3 who is still a fugitive. Kirito directly confronts Johnny who threathens to kill him while telling Asuna to ask for help. But when Asuna does as Kirito told her, she hears a hissing sound coming from Kirito's direction. Fear for the worse, she turns back her head and witnesses a horrifying scene. While Johnny had been stabbed by Kirito using the tip of an umbrella, Johhny Black had injected Kirito's right limb with the deadly poison before both of them collapse to the ground. Asuna proceeds to call for ambulance to send Kirito to the nearby hospital but on the way, Kirito's heart stops beating.

Chapter 4 (will be in Volume 10) continues the story in the real world side. Asuna, Sinon, Lyfa and Yui gathers in ALO to discuss about the apparent kidnapping of Kirito. They recap what happened after the events in Interlude I (last paragraph). After an intense CPR process, Kirito's heart revived and was in stable condition since than but because his heart had been stopped for too long, he suffered serious brain damage and was in deep coma state for a long time. Fearing that Kirito might remain coma for the rest of his life, Kirito's mother Midori proceeded to register for Kirito to be transferred to Tokyo General Hospital, hoping for a higher chance of his recovery. The transfer process started the next day through an ambulance, however Asuna and friends found something wrong about the ambulance. The ambulance who was supposed to send Kirito to Tokyo General Hospital was heading for another direction. They immediately realised that this was a fake ambulance. Through GPS tracking which picked up Kirito's location, they noticed that the fake ambulance was heading northeasternly and the GPS signal ceased at Shinkiba (near Tokyo Heliport). Back to the ALO meeting, Asuna and others suspects that Kirito's former part time employer/organisation called RATH might be responsible for the kidnapping. While searching for more information about RATH, they found a picture of a ship called "Sea Turtle".

A few days later, Asuna receives a message from Kayaba's (Heathcliff) former classmate, a scientist named Koujiro Rinko to folow her to a ship named "Sea Turtle". Asuna agrees knowing that Kirito might be in that ship. Asuna disguises as Rinko's assistant and boards a helicopter with Rinko in Tokyo Heliport to "Sea Turtle". Upon reaching "Sea Turtle", Asuna is shocked to see what she witnesses in front of her.......... (to be continued)

Somnus
2012-04-04, 12:28
Damn it, there better be a happy end after all of this. Kirito and Asuna have been through too much.

If there's not, I'm going to pretend SAO ended at vol 8.

That being said, that serious brain damage already sounds bad. Hopefully with the technology in that timeline or some miracle happens that comes along and is able to repair it. Poor Asuna, she didn't trust them to begin with and now her fears are a reality. All she wanted was a simple life and a family with Kirito, and she's getting neither!

Miraluka
2012-04-04, 12:39
*Reads Alicization*

*drinks a copy*

*Reads how hard Asuna has it*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

;_;

Fallen3dge
2012-04-04, 19:21
Tough life. But i wonder whats up with the RATH guys

CNine
2012-04-05, 02:14
Not just a cardiograph, but is also a GPS locator.

What happened was that before the three day part time job started, Kirito was advised by his employers to implant a chip near his heart to monitor his health conditon should anything arise. But Asuna, who did not really trust Kirito's employer demanded that she needs to monitor his health condition as well, hence Kirito created a program such that his medical data (heart beat etc) can be sent to Asuna's smartphone through the Web. The chip not only tracks Kirito's heartbeat, but also his location through GPS.

and here's a very brief summary of events in the real world (Chapter 2 & 4).

In chapter 2 (Prologue II of Volume 9), Kirito tells Sinon & Asuna about his part time job. Details will be in my brief summary of Chapter 2. After the conversation, the three part ways to head home while Kirito decides to accompany Asuna to her home for a while. When they reach the small playground near Asuna's house, they discover that they have been stalked by Johnny Black, Death Gun No. 3 who is still a fugitive. Kirito directly confronts Johnny who threathens to kill him while telling Asuna to ask for help. But when Asuna does as Kirito told her, she hears a hissing sound coming from Kirito's direction. Fear for the worse, she turns back her head and witnesses a horrifying scene. While Johnny had been stabbed by Kirito using the tip of an umbrella, Johhny Black had injected Kirito's right limb with the deadly poison before both of them collapse to the ground. Asuna proceeds to call for ambulance to send Kirito to the nearby hospital but on the way, Kirito's heart stops beating.

Chapter 4 (will be in Volume 10) continues the story in the real world side. Asuna, Sinon, Lyfa and Yui gathers in ALO to discuss about the apparent kidnapping of Kirito. They recap what happened after the events in Interlude I (last paragraph). After an intense CPR process, Kirito's heart revived and was in stable condition since than but because his heart had been stopped for too long, he suffered serious brain damage and was in deep coma state for a long time. Fearing that Kirito might remain coma for the rest of his life, Kirito's mother Midori proceeded to register for Kirito to be transferred to Tokyo General Hospital, hoping for a higher chance of his recovery. The transfer process started the next day through an ambulance, however Asuna and friends found something wrong about the ambulance. The ambulance who was supposed to send Kirito to Tokyo General Hospital was heading for another direction. They immediately realised that this was a fake ambulance. Through GPS tracking which picked up Kirito's location, they noticed that the fake ambulance was heading northeasternly and the GPS signal ceased at Shinkiba (near Tokyo Heliport). Back to the ALO meeting, Asuna and others suspects that Kirito's former part time employer/organisation called RATH might be responsible for the kidnapping. While searching for more information about RATH, they found a picture of a ship called "Sea Turtle".

A few days later, Asuna receives a message from Kayaba's (Heathcliff) former classmate, a scientist named Koujiro Rinko to folow her to a ship named "Sea Turtle". Asuna agrees knowing that Kirito might be in that ship. Asuna disguises as Rinko's assistant and boards a helicopter with Rinko in Tokyo Heliport to "Sea Turtle". Upon reaching "Sea Turtle", Asuna is shocked to see what she witnesses in front of her.......... (to be continued)

yeah, even Sinon say that Asuna is actually stalking Kirito

Fallen3dge
2012-04-05, 03:27
She does tend to get worried easily. But given what happened in SAO, cant really blame her oh and GGO too

CNine
2012-04-05, 03:35
well at least i know that Kazuto survived through ALICIZATION

Fallen3dge
2012-04-05, 04:26
Is that a process? What did they do to him on the ship

EvI
2012-04-05, 07:40
damn asuna is a little crazy don't you guys think so too?
what she saw? damn i'm getting really anxious now....
poor kirito he always recieve the worst part...actually it kinda of piss me off how he always get into this dangerous situations

Sleep_ping
2012-04-05, 11:13
poor kirito he always recieve the worst part...actually it kinda of piss me off how he always get into this dangerous situations

It's a work of fiction. Things like this always happens to the protagonist...

I'm only half-joking.

It gets crazier from there on with RATH. Btw, this RATH here is the organization Kikuoka Seijirou belongs to.

...Yeah, I've been doing my research nowadays...

Fallen3dge
2012-04-05, 11:54
It's a work of fiction. Things like this always happens to the protagonist...

I'm only half-joking.

It gets crazier from there on with RATH. Btw, this RATH here is the organization Kikuoka Seijirou belongs to.

...Yeah, I've been doing my research nowadays...

that means that its gonna be a military event, no wondr they're willing to kidnap him. After all, when it comes to VR he is one of the most experienced in the field. Am i right? Btw does kikouka find out asuna snuck on?

Axiszero
2012-04-05, 12:10
As long as Asuna and Kirito get a happy ending, i don't mind random twist and turns in alicization.

tomtkp
2012-04-05, 13:12
that means that its gonna be a military event, no wondr they're willing to kidnap him. After all, when it comes to VR he is one of the most experienced in the field. Am i right? Btw does kikouka find out asuna snuck on?

To answer your question, I will continue a little bit of the summary from my last post:

...............Asuna is shocked to see Kikuoka Seijurou in the ship and also the fact that he is the director of RATH. Kikuoka is equally surprised to see Asuna onboard the ship.....................

All Fiction
2012-04-05, 14:43
So....
Is Kikuoka an antagonist this arc?

Gene098
2012-04-05, 18:04
Does the sex scene in Vol 1 Chapter 16.5 actually happen?

As stated by the Thread Starter, it wasn't part of vol 1 but of an extra for adults only(I think).

Also, in the actual story before that scene I remember Asuna undressing then Kirito saying that's not what he intended so I assumed they put it off?

But right after that comes that nice scene, so did it really happen?

Can anyone clear this up? My details are a bit shabby please correct me if I'm wrong.

bludvein
2012-04-05, 18:12
The implication was definitely there that they did, even without the extra chapter. She mentions the bit about the ethic code and then it skips to her sleeping in his arms naked. Not a whole lot of ambiguity there.

Gene098
2012-04-05, 18:29
The implication was definitely there that they did, even without the extra chapter. She mentions the bit about the ethic code and then it skips to her sleeping in his arms naked. Not a whole lot of ambiguity there.

But why would it be chapter 16.5 then the order doesn;t make sense...

Do you guys think that when Kirito kissed Asuna after sacrificing his arm...

1)Was that her first kiss?

2)I saw that the arm was severed (as in chopped off) and "body part loss icon" but then later on I see that it is described as a crippled left arm (which means its a disfigured arm but still intact). So what was it?

3)If his arm was cut off, how and when did he get his arm back?

---------------------
4)Sorry for being really meticulous but

"Asuna plopped down naked on the sofa and glared defiantly at me.

“…Kirito, hurry up and take your clothes off,” she said in an authoritative tone.

“What…w-we’re continuing?”

“It would be stupid if we stopped here!!”

I hurriedly complied. Opening the window indicated by Asuna, I toggled off the option buried deep within the menu.

Because of the hurried start, there was no romantic mood to speak of. Sitting on the bed which was slightly too small for the two of us, we slowly did as much as the system would allow. "

-At first it says naked on sofa then naked on bed...which is it?

bludvein
2012-04-05, 18:36
Because chapter 16.5 wasn't included in the light novel. It was removed to make it readable by a wider range of audience. It was translated from the original web novel for the people who were interested.

It was separated on baka-tsuki to give fair-warning to the underage.

killatopak
2012-04-05, 18:39
Hi, New guy here.

Just read the manga 3 days ago, thought it was amazing and learned that there was LN for it, Read it straight to volume 6 and currently reading volume 7. I was wondering how fast is the rate of translation going? I accidentally read the 1st chapter of alicization ( web version) and was wondering how long SAO will be translated to reach that point.

Edit: I also saw that there was an anime for SAO. I was also wondering up to what part it will cover and hopefully at least up until the ALO part as there was no illustration of Kirito fighting while using the large 2-handed sword( I think. Also there maybe one when he was fighting Eugene but I think it was only the effects of the slashes and not the sword itself was shown) and I would really like to see that.

cyberdemon
2012-04-05, 19:30
Hi, New guy here.

Just read the manga 3 days ago, thought it was amazing and learned that there was LN for it, Read it straight to volume 6 and currently reading volume 7. I was wondering how fast is the rate of translation going? I accidentally read the 1st chapter of alicization ( web version) and was wondering how long SAO will be translated to reach that point.

Edit: I also saw that there was an anime for SAO. I was also wondering up to what part it will cover and hopefully at least up until the ALO part as there was no illustration of Kirito fighting while using the large 2-handed sword( I think. Also there maybe one when he was fighting Eugene but I think it was only the effects of the slashes and not the sword itself was shown) and I would really like to see that.

Well up through ALO would make sense since it is a 24 episode series. Likely the first cour of it will be SAO and then the second one will be ALO.

bludvein
2012-04-05, 19:33
Well, its not a full image, but its in color http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=File:Sword_Art_Online_Vol_03_-_007.jpg .

As for the progress of the translation, its not bad. We usually get a chapter a week on average.

killatopak
2012-04-05, 19:40
Well, its not a full image, but its in color http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=File:Sword_Art_Online_Vol_03_-_007.jpg .

As for the progress of the translation, its not bad. We usually get a chapter a week on average.

Cool. I forgot that one. Although I want a full view of the sword I guess this is good enough:)

Gene098
2012-04-05, 22:49
As the creator of this novel stated...

Web Version
SAO Main Story
SWORD ART ONLINE (SAO1)
SWORD ART ONLINE 2 (SAO2) FAIRY DANCE
SWORD ART ONLINE 3 (SAO3) DEATH GUN
SWORD ART ONLINE 4( SAO4) ALICIZATION
Chapters
7*
308**

Stage
SAO
ALO
GGO
UW
*Length varies between chapters.
**Not typo.

SAO Gaiden
SAOex01
SAOex02
SAOex03
SAOex04
SAOex05
SAOex06
SAOex07

Title
The Black Knight
Four Days
Heart's Temperature
Zekken* (+Epilogue)
Kennai Jikan: A Murder Case in the Area (+ Gaiden **)
Red Nose Reindeer
Moon's Cradle (On Hiatus, currently on ch. 13)

Stage
SAO
SAO
SAO
ALO
SAO
SAO
UW

*絶剣 Absolute Sword (?)
**Will update title as soon as I fix my dead laptop.
RED: Has been adapted to Bunko version.

Others
CALIBRE
Sword Art Online Gaidenx1 16.5 (the legendary good-kids-shouldn't-read or Asuna-is-mai-waifu chapter)
Sword Art Online Gaidenx2 Doujinshi (sold in Comitia 92)
Sword Art Online Material Edition 1-6 Doujinshi (sold in Comitia 95, 2011/2/13)

---------------------------------------

Since I know that vol4-8 are being serialized as a bunko(LN) and that the author hasn't marked even vol 4 as red yet(which means it is serialized as an LN) does that mean I can insinuate that some of the other works written are also not updated?

1)Does that mean
is in bunko form?

Does anyone know?

Fallen3dge
2012-04-05, 22:58
whats moons cradle? SS of Alicization? i dont think its in bunko form btw, for 16.5

CNine
2012-04-05, 23:15
Is that a process? What did they do to him on the ship

nope the process but the aftermath of ALICIZATION if you read versus SS, Higa-san is the one scientist that working in the ship

Fallen3dge
2012-04-06, 00:34
Aftermath? I dont really get it. What is alicization? An AI program?

CNine
2012-04-06, 00:57

they're trying to create stand alone AI[like Yui] who has emotion. the other country know about this plan and won't let Japan completing this project, this is led to war in UW[ALICIZATION world].
if you separate ALICIZATION it will become ALICE and REALIZATION, mix this two word will make ALICIZATION

tomtkp
2012-04-06, 04:07
So....
Is Kikuoka an antagonist this arc?

Kikuoka is not considered an antagonist nor a protagonist. Certainly what he did was a bit unethical (kidnapping Kirito, does not consider the rights of artificial souls) but he did it to ensure the success of the project and also for the national security's sake (that's why our countries have their own military).

Instead of just creating AI, Project Alicization is a project to turn artificial souls (or copied souls) into ALICE (Artificial Labile Intelligence Cybernated Existance) for their military uses. RATH wants an ALICE that not just has the same level of emotion as human beings but also the same level of free will as human beings. They want an ALICE who can decide things on their own, not entirely bounded by other's rules and regulations. However, what happened in Underworld was hindering their plan, so that's why they need Kirito in this project. Just as what CNine said, ALICIZATION is the process of turning something into ALICE (ALICE + -IZATION)

But a certain country on the opposite side of Pacific Ocean hears about this project and they are really interested in the project and the technology behind this. They plan to attack and intude "Ocean Turtle" to steal that technology. Unfortunately, their attack on "Ocean Turtle" will eventually lead to massive war in Underworld (the virtual world).

killatopak
2012-04-06, 07:35
So much... exciting stuff! why can't they translate faster or just make make the book in english lol.
@tomtkp How do you know all of this? Are you a native speaker or just using Atlas program?

EvI
2012-04-06, 07:47
when you mean that a virtual war will happens you mean...on the game that kirito is actually playing?
what is the purpose of the new characters?
asuna have gone mad?
will the old characters do anything important at this part of the novel?

tomtkp
2012-04-06, 09:03
So much... exciting stuff! why can't they translate faster or just make make the book in english lol.
@tomtkp How do you know all of this? Are you a native speaker or just using Atlas program?

Like I said a few pages ahead, I read the Alicization spoiler from other person in China's Baidu Sword Art Online tieba(means section). Unfortunately, his spoiler stopped at the early part of Chapter 8, which is when the Underworld War starts. There were many other people who spoil about the very final part of Chapter 8 and also early part of Epilogue. So, what I didn't really know about is the majority of Chapter 8.
Also note that Chapter 7 & 8 are massive chapters, both are 900-1000 pages each when they will be converted into light novel form.

will the old characters do anything important at this part of the novel?

The old characters will involve themselves in the Underworld War.

killatopak
2012-04-06, 09:37
900-1000?!?!?!? How would they put that in a book?! much less in LN form.

If they localized this series I would definitely buy them. I wish they weren't like the localization of Kara no Kyoukai which I have waited for so long but still isn't out yet.

tomtkp
2012-04-06, 10:24
900-1000?!?!?!? How would they put that in a book?! much less in LN form.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is a great example for that. Besides, they can choose to spilt the pages into several volumes as well.

EvI
2012-04-06, 10:38
well you speak about asuna part in the real world
but seeing the illustrations it show us that most part would be withing the game that kirito is actually playing right?
what is the name of this game? and what is the role of this two friends that kirito made? will the girl fall in love with kirito or yujio? kkkkk

tomtkp
2012-04-06, 11:43
what is the name of this game? and what is the role of this two friends that kirito made? will the girl fall in love with kirito or yujio? kkkkk

The name of the VR world is Underworld. The two friends? Well they are Kirito's childhood friends in Underworld. The girl had been arrested and sent to the capital in Chapter 1. Six years later in Underworld (note that the times in Underworld and real world are not in sync), Kirito and Yujio embarked on a journey to save her.

Gene098
2012-04-06, 15:33
Guys...

"On a normal night, the two of them would stay up late having meaningless conversations, playing simple games, sometimes even taking an evening stroll, or countless other activities that they do more rarely, but neither of them were in the mood for those this night.
"Let's call it a day already."
"Hm. I guess so."
Asuna acknowledged Kirito's words with a nod.
Turning the lights in the living room off, they headed into the bedroom. As the girl was occupying one of the beds, one of them would have to sleep with the other— well, that was already the case every other night, but— and they changed into their sleepwear in a hurry."

I just read these paragraphs and I was thinking to myself....

1)In the first paragraph what are the "things they do more rarely?"

Could it be sex?

2)In the final paragraph, they sleep in the same bed every other night...

Does that mesn they do it every other night?

3)Are their beds in the same room and next to each other?

What size are their beds?

----------
Anybody who could give some answers, it would be very well appreciated!

bludvein
2012-04-06, 16:36
Yes, they sleep together. Just because they sleep together doesn't mean they do it every night. They act like a married couple. Also, asking the size of their bed is just creepy, it isn't important.

Gene098
2012-04-06, 17:37
Yes, they sleep together. Just because they sleep together doesn't mean they do it every night. They act like a married couple. Also, asking the size of their bed is just creepy, it isn't important.

Thanks, anyone else have any thoughts on those 3 questions?

killatopak
2012-04-06, 22:57
Guys, what's the chronological order of the side stories? I'm asking because one of them seems to be incomplete.

Edit: By incomplete, I meant that its not fully translated yet.

AlaAlba
2012-04-07, 00:29
Well, I was just angrying at the sentence "SAO arc should have 10 volumes, alicization should have just only 2 volumes". I mean, it is the author who decides how many volumes should SAO arc have. I also agreed that two volumes for SAO arc may not be enough but that doesn't mean that the writer should reduce the length of Alicization. Alicization is not something that can be end in mere 2 volumes. The story takes a much more serious and darker tone than the previous arcs while retaining the badass action-packed elements. That kind of story won't end so easily. What I was angrying at was that the sentence showed great disrespect to Alicization while we do not know whether the person who wrote this sentence really did read the story. But since you have mentioned your reasons, then it's okay now.[/SPOILER]
Thanks :), I've just read volume 9, and after I read it I've changed my mind about alic(damn, I always too lazy to type this :heh:). I was saying and comparing SAO arc and al arc as if it's a different story and I must admit it's kinda silly to compare the two arcs as a different story, it's continuing after all, it's the direct continuation from what we have on GGO arc :heh:. I do still hope for more SAO story though :heh:
I started thinking Yujio is a copy of Kirito's so called fluctlight :heh: seeing how fast he learn the sword skill. I hope I'm wrong cause it's no fun to see a copy or whatever of the MC in any story/manga :p

Damn lol with the huge tree chopping quest :D it's an RPG indeed.

btw, great imagination from the author to come up with SLT and FLA and all these things.

tomtkp
2012-04-07, 00:58
Guys, what's the chronological order of the side stories? I'm asking because one of them seems to be incomplete.

Edit: By incomplete, I meant that its not fully translated yet.

From my first thread in page 2:

SAO Timeline(Date,Game Stage and Volume in brackets)
Main arcs in bold

SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Chapter 2-3 (November 2022, SAO, Vol.1)

SAO Side Story "First Day" (November 2022, SAO, Vol. 8)

2011 Summer Special Story "Aria the Starless Night" (December 2022, SAO, not in LN)

SAO ex06 Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer (December 2023, SAO, Vol.2)

SAO ex01 Black Swordsman (Feburary 2024, SAO, Vol.2)

SAO ex05 A Murder Case in the Area (April 2024, SAO, Vol.8)

SAO ex03 Warmth of The Heart (June 2024, SAO, Vol.2)

SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Start (September/October 2024, SAO, Vol.1)

SAO Gaiden X1 Chap.16.5 (October 2024, SAO, not in LN)

SAO ex05 Side Story "Algade Showdown" (October 2024, SAO, not in LN)

SAO ex02 Morning Dew Girl (October 2024, SAO, Vol.2)

SWORD ART ONLINE 1 Finish (November 2024, SAO, Vol.1)

SAO Mini Side Story "Salvia" (January 2025, Real world, not in LN)

SWORD ART ONLINE 2 FAIRY DANCE (January to May 2025, ALO, Vol.3-4)

SWORD ART ONLINE 3 DEATH GUN (December 2025, GGO, Vol.5-6)

Special 2010/2011 End of Year Story CALIBER (December 2025, ALO, Vol.8)

SAO ex04 Absolute Sword (January to April 2026, ALO, Vol.7)

SAO/Accel World crossover "Versus" (June 2026, Brain Burst 2039, AW Vol.10)

SWORD ART ONLINE 4 ALICIZATION (June 2026, Underworld, Vol.9 - )

SAO ex07 Cradle of the Moon (HWC ??, Underworld, Vol. ??)

SWORD ART ONLINE 4 ALICIZATION Epilogue (August 2026, Underworld, Vol. ??)

SAO Gaiden X2 Doujinshi (??, Underworld, not in LN)

killatopak
2012-04-07, 00:59
Thanks :), I've just read volume 9, and after I read it I've changed my mind about alic(damn, I always too lazy to type this :heh:). I was saying and comparing SAO arc and al arc as if it's a different story and I must admit it's kinda silly to compare the two arcs as a different story, it's continuing after all, it's the direct continuation from what we have on GGO arc :heh:. I do still hope for more SAO story though :heh:
I started thinking Yujio is a copy of Kirito's so called fluctlight :heh: seeing how fast he learn the sword skill. I hope I'm wrong cause it's no fun to see a copy or whatever of the MC in any story/manga :p

Damn lol with the huge tree chopping quest :D it's an RPG indeed.

btw, great imagination from the author to come up with SLT and FLA and all these things.

woah woah woah! Wait one minute! You read volume 9?! How?! It isn't even translated yet or did you know how to read jap?

Edit: @tomtkp Any idea where to read the gaiden ones? Translated ones of course. :) BTW Thanks for the chronological order.

Axiszero
2012-04-07, 01:46
@tomtkp wait so versus took place before alicization?

Fallen3dge
2012-04-07, 02:16
@tomtkp wait so versus took place before alicization?

versus was during the beginning of the trial. also was the alicization program borne after the govt found out about yui?, surprised they dint take her lol

killatopak
2012-04-07, 02:43
versus was during the beginning of the trial. also was the alicization program borne after the govt found out about yui?, surprised they dint take her lol

How did they found Yui? I'm guessing Kikuoka?

tomtkp
2012-04-07, 05:23
Edit: @tomtkp Any idea where to read the gaiden ones? Translated ones of course. :) BTW Thanks for the chronological order.

Gaiden X1 is that Chapter 16.5. It was included in the translated version of Volume 1 in BT. As of X2, it is not yet translated and you do not need to care about it for a while.

"Project Alicization" was not created because of Yui. This project started because they found that STL can copy human souls as well. As I said, they are trying to use these artificial souls for their military purposes

CNine
2012-04-07, 06:19
Gaiden X1 is that Chapter 16.5. It was included in the translated version of Volume 1 in BT. As of X2, it is not yet translated and you do not need to care about it for a while.

"Project Alicization" was not created because of Yui. This project started because they found that STL can copy human souls as well. As I said, they are trying to use these artificial souls for their military purposes

the more i read this thread, the more i curse myself that didn't learn chinese or japanese

AlaAlba
2012-04-07, 06:27
woah woah woah! Wait one minute! You read volume 9?! How?! It isn't even translated yet or did you know how to read jap?

uhm, yeah I can read ones.

@tomtkp: you're right about the story being darker and should I say mature? :heh: I can't say I can expect that what happened to the two girls, but well, even after saw that, I'm just left wondering is the author would change this event? This kind of event would be to much for LN audiences so I expect he'd change it to a "lighter" scene there.
What do you think about this tomtkp? I never read this kind of incident on any other LNs so I don't think SAO would be the first. Like 16.5 would not see the light in wood version I don't think this one too would.

but, I'd be in rage if this would happened to the main girls, I hope it won't :( I just finished chapter 5 btw.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-07, 06:47
its chinese translated to which chapter out of 308? and which website? wenku? since i can read chinese i'd might as well enjoy it

killatopak
2012-04-07, 08:55

Damn! I wish I could read too! maybe I should start now.:confused:

tomtkp
2012-04-07, 09:15

@tomtkp: you're right about the story being darker and should I say mature? :heh: I can't say I can expect that what happened to the two girls, but well, even after saw that, I'm just left wondering is the author would change this event? This kind of event would be to much for LN audiences so I expect he'd change it to a "lighter" scene there.
What do you think about this tomtkp? I never read this kind of incident on any other LNs so I don't think SAO would be the first. Like 16.5 would not see the light in wood version I don't think this one too would.

but, I'd be in rage if this would happened to the main girls, I hope it won't :( I just finished chapter 5 btw.

It seems that you had read the *beep* scene in Chapter 5. Yeah, there is a possibility that the author will change a bit of this scene to cater a broader audience. I personally don't mind that he decides to change the scene as long as it's reasonable. However, will the author really modify the scene? We will wait for Volume 10 to come.

Oh..also beware of Chapter 6.:D This chapter is my favourite.

its chinese translated to which chapter out of 308? and which website? wenku? since i can read chinese i'd might as well enjoy it

The number 308 actually means there are 308 parts of Alicization. Alicization has 8 chapters (including 2 massive chapters) and an epilogue. LK (or qing zhi guo du) has already finished translating Volume 9 which is equivalent to the first three chapters.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-07, 10:00
what happens in chapter 5? also has the entire alicization been finished? oh and might anyone pm me the link to the chinese site?

AlaAlba
2012-04-07, 10:00
It seems that you had read the *beep* scene in Chapter 5. Yeah, there is a possibility that the author will change a bit of this scene to cater a broader audience. I personally don't mind that he decides to change the scene as long as it's reasonable. However, will the author really modify the scene? We will wait for Volume 10 to come.

Oh..also beware of Chapter 6.:D This chapter is my favourite.

chapter 6..... lol why you like this chapter?
This sadistic murderer Gabriel....., I wish to see him die painfully :heh: I know something is wrong when Shinon remembered that phrase her opponent whispered to her on that GGO final.
This chapter also is a bit too much don't you think? A boy ****ing his lil gf with a *****? boy, this must be way of the line of that new Tokyo something law, heck, it should be read "20 years old or older only" on the cover :p
Also, when is the sell date of volume 10 again?

Fallen3dge
2012-04-07, 10:14
This sadistic murderer Gabriel....., I wish to see him die painfully :heh: I know something is wrong when Shinon remembered that phrase her opponent whispered to her on that GGO final.
This chapter also is a bit too much don't you think? A boy ****ing his lil gf with a *****? boy, this must be way of the line of that new Tokyo something law, heck, it should be read "20 years old or older only" on the cover :p

who was ******** who? gotta know :heh: also did any of the main/consistent characters die?

tomtkp
2012-04-07, 10:33

hoho, I just happened to like the "enter the criminal mind" and some more darker story though. Btw, I liked Gabriel Miller as an antagonist but that doesn't mean that I liked his personality and behaviour. I also wanted him to die badly.

Oh..there is a high possibility that Volume 10 will be released in July, the same month as the anime starts broadcasting but we will see what happen.

Sleep_ping
2012-04-07, 10:33
Release date of volume 10 not given, estimated to be the beginning of Autumn. My guess is September 10. (http://ranobe-mori-2.sakura.ne.jp/mt4/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=1&search=%E5%B7%9D%E5%8E%9F%E7%A4%AB)

And there's a lot of censoring that's going to happen. Think everyone's protesting against Ishihara now...

Btw, if any of you want to try translating this volume, please try a little bit so that you can reduce my workload little by little:heh: There's like 400+ pages there...