PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite comedian type?

Kyero Fox
2011-11-30, 20:13
Blue collar? Cruel? race? Whats yours?

Frankly there's only one person who does racist joke's and doesn't annoy me, Daniel Tosh. because he does EEEEVERYone with a very sarcastic tone and does everyone. not To mention he's one of my top favorite comedians.

I like a little bit of everything except when a non-white comedians just keeps on going about white people. and stereotype stuff like "Once you go black etc etc"

This is funny stereotype comedy
3kDUk_BLZzo

My favorite blue collar is Bill engval
yH6sE8RMUuU

Whatsa corndog doin underneath the ocean?!

Hiroi Sekai
2011-11-30, 20:51
I'm not really a stand-up comedian sort of person, but good ol' Rhys Darby never fails to crack me up with his physical comedy that incorporates a lot of hilarious sound effects. He's probably best known for playing Murray Hewitt in Flight of the Conchords.

0ZzsB3lyLzI&feature=related
UkaHT2r4Wpk
WHpbCV8bSqI&feature=related

Lost Cause
2011-11-30, 20:52
Jeff Dunham! His routine with that "Peanut" and "Walter" is insane.

Endless Soul
2011-11-30, 21:03
I completely agree with you regarding Daniel Tosh. That guy cracks me up every time.

Definitely love the rants of Lewis Black.

George Carlin.

Jim Gaffigan.

A few others I can't think of right now.

DonQuigleone
2011-11-30, 21:50
I prefer Comedy with a taste for the absurd. The whole "this is a stupid everyday thing I find annoying" schtick gets a little old after a while.

Tim Minchin can be pretty good:

e6raVzrbqrM

Azumanga Davo
2011-11-30, 22:22
My BBC comedy collection is a whole lot bigger than my anime collection (working on it, trust me) and includes many great names in comedy including:

Morecambe and Wise
Two Ronnies
Only Fools and Horses
Alf Garnett (the grumpy racist)
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore
The Young Ones
Open All Hours
Father Ted
etc.

You get the idea. A lot of the golden age of comedy there in a few boxes. Ranges from subtle to over the top. :D

But lately, I have come to appreciate Downtown and Cocorico (plus Yamasaki of course) for the simpler pleasures of comedy. They have a good mix of laughs with good characterisation. That's also got me started on appreciating manzai for the first time.

Kyero Fox
2011-11-30, 22:43
Jeff Dunham! His routine with that "Peanut" and "Walter" is insane.

I like his routine with the super hero Delvin or something. "if she had a symbol it would be TWO D's!"

Gamer_2k4
2011-11-30, 23:27
I love Jim Gaffigan and Brian Regen because they're both pretty clean and VERY funny. Their routines are completely different, too; Gaffigan is very dry while Regen is ridiculously animated. I recommend both of them very highly.

Soliloquy
2011-12-01, 00:35
I've looking at this guy's standup and I thought they were very funny.

OYezyjadBp8

Azumanga Davo
2011-12-01, 01:45
I like his routine with the super hero Delvin or something. "if she had a symbol it would be TWO D's!"

Not really into Dunham at all. I feel Strassman got there first with the most in a similar act. He's pretty good live too.

Vexx
2011-12-01, 12:22
Classic Stephen Wright usually made me laugh back in the 80s...
A collection of his one-liners: http://www.notso.com/wright.htm

FY0dEnneEXU

KhaL
2011-12-01, 12:23
observational with some slapstick.

ie. lee evans and michael mcintyre.

Oh, cant forget the original that is Richard Pryor.

Stiletto
2011-12-01, 12:24
Have to agree with Jeff Dunham. My favorite is Walter. He hates everybody. especially Jeff and his wife, lmao.

SayItAintSoJoe
2011-12-01, 12:34
One-liners, like Stewart Francis, Tim Vine or Mitch Hedberg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auvTMm47uM&feature=related) (who unfortunately no-one else seems to like..?)

Paranoid Android
2011-12-01, 15:39
I'm a fan of racist jokes, because it should be a joke, and being in the setting of stand up comedy helps avoid any stupid misunderstanding.

Dane cook, Dave Chapelle, Daniel Tosh and Russel Peters for me.