PDA

View Full Version : Hikaru no Go Torrents?

CardCaptorMoody
2003-11-16, 23:46
Well, i was totaly releved when it was anounced a couple of weeks ago (maybe months, dosen't mater) when i heard that Hikaru no Go turned out to be not Licensed, so i was wondering, how long is the series, becuse i watched it till around episode 74 then i couldn't find any of the later ones, but i am sure it was not the end of the show (though VERY close), but now i am wondering, anyone know if there is a torrent that has all the Hikaru no Gos, because i think the show is over, but i am not sure if it was fansubed till the end.

Stupid me, there is a thread with the lengths of the shows, well ignore that part now, but i still need to know if there are any torrents out there with all the Hikaru ep.s.

zalas
2003-11-17, 01:22
Well, i was totaly releved when it was anounced a couple of weeks ago (maybe months, dosen't mater) when i heard that Hikaru no Go turned out to be not Licensed, so i was wondering, how long is the series, becuse i watched it till around episode 74 then i couldn't find any of the later ones, but i am sure it was not the end of the show (though VERY close), but now i am wondering, anyone know if there is a torrent that has all the Hikaru no Gos, because i think the show is over, but i am not sure if it was fansubed till the end.

Stupid me, there is a thread with the lengths of the shows, well ignore that part now, but i still need to know if there are any torrents out there with all the Hikaru ep.s.
It was fansubbed through the end (with the last two eps released behind poor loae's back ^^;)
I believe it's either 74 or 75.

s0nicfreak
2003-11-17, 01:46
75 ..........

Yamano667
2003-11-17, 02:33
hikaru no go is 75 episodes subbed by many fansubs
I got them in very nice quality ..great series for anime collectors

Lord Raiden
2003-11-17, 03:13
Wee!!! I have heard so much about this series, and now I get to see it! :) So far seen the first couple of episodes, and boy is it great!! It's making me want to play Go now. :D

::faze
2003-11-17, 03:16
Yeah I think the general reaction to this anime is WTF? I'm enjoying an anime about Go?!? lol, well at least that's how I felt.

NoSanninWa
2003-11-17, 03:30
A lot of people have a similar reaction to Princess Tutu. "WTF? I'm enjoying an anime about ballet?" One guy I recommended it to complained, "I can't believe I'm downloading an anime called Princess Tutu!" Yet, two weeks later I caught him recommending it to someone else.

The moral is that it doesn't matter what the anime's genre is, as long as its characters, plot and theme are all awesome. Ballet, Go or Cooking... if the anime is top notch, then anyone can love it regardless.

Gaara11
2003-11-17, 11:47
A lot of people have a similar reaction to Princess Tutu. "WTF? I'm enjoying an anime about ballet?" One guy I recommended it to complained, "I can't believe I'm downloading an anime called Princess Tutu!" Yet, two weeks later I caught him recommending it to someone else.

The moral is that it doesn't matter what the anime's genre is, as long as its characters, plot and theme are all awesome. Ballet, Go or Cooking... if the anime is top notch, then anyone can love it regardless.

I tried Princess Tutu and I just couldn't really get into it. I think I saw like 5 or 6 eps and I told my sis to try it coz its for girls. She had the same reaction.

Hikaru no Go was something else compared to Princess Tutu.

NoSanninWa
2003-11-17, 12:27
One thing I have learned is that there is no anime that will not be disliked by someone. There are people who don't like Hikaru no Go either. Perhaps I overgeneralized when I said "anyone." There are people who find Princess Tutu too dark for them, or don't want to think too much about a show. There are also people who don't like Hikaru no Go because it doesn't have enough action or cool powers...

Mithel
2003-11-17, 15:07
Hikaru no Go is simultaneously my favorite anime and manga of all time.

Best. Series. EVAR.

CardCaptorMoody
2003-11-17, 17:17
hikaru no go is 75 episodes subbed by many fansubs
I got them in very nice quality ..great series for anime collectors

Did you get them off a torrent?
If yes, do you remember where?
If yes, is it still active?
If yes, can you tell me where?

Lord Raiden
2003-11-17, 17:35
AnimeSuki has fresh batch torrents of the series being posted on the site now. I think they've got up to episode 30 posted already. The rest should be forthcoming soon based on how many came out over a relatively short amount of time. :)

Gaara_
2003-11-28, 23:47
Anyone think that Akira and Tetsuo's names and relationships in Hikaru No go, is a paying homage to Akira the anime?

Muraki
2003-11-29, 00:51
Hikaru no Go and Akura are completely different so probably no.

Hehe Hikaru no Go roxs i really didn't think I'd like something based off an ancient game Studio Pierrot did a really good job with this series ^_^ and being 2001+ its got pretty nice animation too ^_^ .

Oneesama
2003-11-29, 01:26
I am glad its back on.... so I can finish dl them.... i only kept up to eps 60 or so be4 they got lisc'd.... therefore it's all good......

Lord Raiden
2003-11-29, 01:40
Actually, Hikaru No Go isn't licenced. That's why it's on AnimeSuki. :)

Kamui4356
2003-11-29, 01:58
Hikaru no Go and Akura are completely different so probably no.

Hehe Hikaru no Go roxs i really didn't think I'd like something based off an ancient game Studio Pierrot did a really good job with this series ^_^ and being 2001+ its got pretty nice animation too ^_^ .
I thought it would be boring, so I avoided Hikaru no Go for a while. Then a friend showed me the first few episodes and I was hooked. It was pretty good timing too since it was right when torrents started going back up.