PDA

View Full Version : Sword Art Online - Music discussion [Both OSTs released now]

james0246
2012-07-07, 16:39
NOTE: THE SOUNDTRACK IS BEING RELEASED IN LATE-JANUARY AND LATE-APRIL. ASKING FOR ANY TRACK NAMES BEFORE THEN IS POINTLESS.

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Sword Art Online here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/) and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:

any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
Torrents
The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
Direct downloads

This also includes links to YouTube videos NOT uploaded by the original artist.

Rayrah
2012-07-07, 16:58
LiSA's crossing field took me by surprise; I was expecting it to be fairly mediocre, but it turned out to be good on quite a few levels. I'm really looking forward to hearing the full studio version of the song.

The OST is also great. I'm usually not one for OSTs, but I found SAO's quite appealing.

tomtkp
2012-07-08, 00:54
The OP is really good. Accel World's OP was pretty good as well but I liked SAO's OP more.

As for the OST, it's decided. I will definitely buy the CD.

trinitem
2012-07-08, 02:08
SAO's opening turned out a lot better than I expected. Was lingering around decent when I heard the snippet, and then the tv version ended up boosting it to pretty good.

The OST sounds beautiful though. I can't wait to hear more in the coming weeks.

Deltaray
2012-07-08, 06:57
One track of the OST, that boar scene was pretty dam good.

hero147
2012-07-08, 20:14
The music had me thinking of Fate/Zero quite a few times with LiSa and Yuki kaijura. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

sky black swordman
2012-07-08, 20:57
Few people were saying the opening was well good or well you.... any way IMO it is great I like ..no love it!
I cant wait for OST to come out!

lansglenn
2012-07-08, 23:11
My rating on the BGM: :D

My rating of Crossing Field by LiSA: :upset:

You guys don't think it's kind of all over the place? The melody was very dissonant from some moments to the next. The voicing was non-harmonious w/ the music. Copy pasting practically any other song on top of the awesome OP animation made the OP better 0_o

MrTerrorist
2012-07-08, 23:15
I'm enjoying the OP very much especially the action part where the tempo goes up.
think i'll make that into my ringtone.

com_gwp
2012-07-08, 23:43
Yuki Kajiura ftw! Sure, she keeps getting typecasted in these composing roles(Fate/Zero, Madoka) but how can we blame her when she keeps putting out these amazingly epic scores? This first episode probably wouldn't have felt half as grandly epic without her music :heh:

Fallen3dge
2012-07-09, 00:04
^ agreed! Its a good song imo

trinitem
2012-07-09, 03:26
My rating on the BGM: :D

My rating of Crossing Field by LiSA: :upset:

You guys don't think it's kind of all over the place? The melody was very dissonant from some moments to the next. The voicing was non-harmonious w/ the music. Copy pasting practically any other song on top of the awesome OP animation made the OP better 0_o

I wouldn't say that the op music final product was top tier, but LiSa gave some decent vocals. While it was kind of meh during the almost-spoken closure, the actual singing parts were good imo. Was mostly hoping for an upbeat song (check) and nice visuals (check) anyways.

Axiszero
2012-07-09, 03:30
Crossing field is one of the best LiSa songs ive heard, I just don't understand why my friend says it sucks like shit compared to oath sign 0_o, either way looking forward to hearing TV version of Yume Sekai ED

Rayrah
2012-07-09, 04:44
Not at all. I think it's a great piece of work; I simply can't stop listening to it. It's one of my 3 favourite OPs of this season.

As someone who has dabbled in music (drums), the music is definitely great. I also think the vocals are good; I'd prefer it sound like this, rather than sounding like a song that was edited to the extreme, so as to "sound better". I've seen a video or two of her live, and the studio version of the TV size OP doesn't sound too different.

I'm a big fan of almost spoken" parts in music, so I quite liked those parts in the song, especially the bit of English at the very end. :3

Fallen3dge
2012-07-09, 06:25
I prefer crossing field to chasing world.

sky black swordman
2012-07-09, 06:36

Same here.:)

Rayrah
2012-07-09, 06:57
Aye, same. But I much prefer unfinished to Yume Sekai (the full versions, anyway). I love KOTOKO. :>

Fallen3dge
2012-07-09, 08:03
What to do? Kotoko is a more established artist. But yume sekai isnt so bad

Rayrah
2012-07-09, 08:10
What to do? Kotoko is a more established artist. But yume sekai isnt so bad
Never said it was. I like it, but I just prefer Kotoko's work.

blakstealth
2012-07-09, 08:34
OP is okay. I only watch it for the animation, though lol. Crossing Field is..eh.

Fallen3dge
2012-07-09, 09:57
Better than Oath sign, which is quite nice btw. But it may be bias, haha

Axiszero
2012-07-09, 09:59

Have to agree you, Crossing field is better than Oath sign in ways :D

sky black swordman
2012-07-09, 18:04

I have to agree as well. But wait does that make me bias too ?

From the look of things people feelings on the OP range from great to just awful .
To each their own I guess.

SuzushinaYuriko
2012-07-10, 00:52
Honestly, I don't like LiSA's voice all that much. She may be a good performer, but I think she sounds squeaky every time she forces out a high note. It doesn't help that this song's composition was kind of messy and doesn't stand out at all.

Kaioshin Sama
2012-07-10, 02:05
Another season, another popular show, another Yuki Kaijura soundtrack. It's almost become trite at this point. I've still never gotten into her music nearly as much as the rest of the community seems to have (I honestly had no idea who she was or how to identify her music until around the time of Madoka Magica really and even then I have trouble recalling what her BGM's sound like), but she's always been pretty serviceable from what I've heard. Just never managed to stand out and so far it's not seeming like this is going to be much different. It really does sound a fair bit like her Fate/Zero work and I'd say that while I can never recall individual songs by her I've definitely come to be able to identify her particular sound in a given show.

As for the opening, it's decent, but somehow it doesn't really feel like it fits with the show. Just doesn't do much for me or get me pumped up for the show like I would expect.

kyp275
2012-07-10, 02:23
IMO, the best BGM are the ones that you never notice :) In that regard I think so far it's been pretty decent.

As for the OP, I'm indifferent to the song, but the complete product is better than average.

com_gwp
2012-07-10, 03:43
Another season, another popular show, another Yuki Kaijura soundtrack. It's almost become trite at this point. I've still never gotten into her music nearly as much as the rest of the community seems to have (I honestly had no idea who she was or how to identify her music until around the time of Madoka Magica really and even then I have trouble recalling what her BGM's sound like), but she's always been pretty serviceable from what I've heard. Just never managed to stand out and so far it's not seeming like this is going to be much different. It really does sound a fair bit like her Fate/Zero work and I'd say that while I can never recall individual songs by her I've definitely come to be able to identify her particular sound in a given show.

As for the opening, it's decent, but somehow it doesn't really feel like it fits with the show. Just doesn't do much for me or get me pumped up for the show like I would expect.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of scores stood out to you, seeing as how Yuki Kajiura's compositions are considered some of the most distinct in the current anime OST word. Some of Yoko Kanno's compositions, perhaps?

I understand that music is a highly subjective topic, and this is just my opinion on the matter. While I concur that her sounds are homogenous in nature, I do believe that her scores are able to brilliantly augment the subtext and emotions of the scenes, which is what a good score strives to achieve. Where any other score would probably have made the explanation scene just another bit of exposition, her's managed to strongly convey the sense of dread and the epic scale of the this undertaking. Similarly her music was able to capture and heighten the scenes in Madoka and Fate/Zero. (Interesting note: she also worked on .hack//Sign)

But I agree, the opening is rather run-of-the-mill. There's nothing that really stands out about this standard J-pop fare, and the OP isn't very creative with it either.

Kaioshin Sama
2012-07-10, 04:10
I'm interested in knowing what kind of scores stood out to you, seeing as how Yuki Kajiura's compositions are considered some of the most distinct in the current anime OST word. Some of Yoko Kanno's compositions, perhaps?

I understand that music is a highly subjective topic, and this is just my opinion on the matter. While I concur that her sounds are homogenous in nature, I do believe that her scores are able to brilliantly augment the emotions of the scenes, which is what a good score strives to achieve. Where any other score would probably have made the explanation scene just another bit of exposition, her's managed to strongly convey the sense of dread and the epic scale of the this undertaking. Similarly her music was able to capture and heighten the scenes in Madoka and Fate/Zero.

But I agree, the opening is rather run-of-the-mill. There's nothing that really stands out about this standard J-pop fare, and the OP isn't very creative with it either.

Just never seen what the big deal is really and why she gets so much more attention and mention than other composers. To me she's just kind of okay and still has a ton of room for improvement before I'd ever really think to esteem her work especially highly. I don't consider having her as a composer here a detriment by any means, but I've never felt particularly moved by her music (but for one scene during the climax of Madoka Magica) or felt the desire to go out and get her soundtracks like I have for others.

As for composers that have stood out to me, lots. I'm a big fan of Senjuu Akira who most recently did the score for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, as well as of course Yoko Kanno (the only other name besides Kaijura that really seems to come up in conversations about anime music now that I think of it) who is one of the more experimental composers to have ever had a place in the industry. Hisaishi Joe is another composer whose music has really stood out to me over the years as have Masamichi Amano, Kohei Tanaka and Kenji Kawai. I'm also a growing fan of Hiroyuki Sawano as well as Kaoru Wada. All of them have kind of done for me what Kaijura has failed to do much of the time but apparently has for so many others and that is get me really invested not only in the moment of the anime I'm watching, but to take notice of the compositions themselves and have done so on a fairly regular basis.

Awrya
2012-07-10, 09:41
The song itself is quite good, but compared to Oath Sign it somewhat lacked intensity for me.
If oath sign was 9/10, this would be a 7.5/10 for me, but then again I'll wait for the full version until I make my final judgement.

Apart form the music, did anyone else find the animation a bit lacking especially the beginning where Kirito just sits in the rain and the fight against those skeletons?

Rayrah
2012-07-10, 09:47
Apart form the music, did anyone else find the animation a bit lacking especially the beginning where Kirito just sits in the rain and the fight against those skeletons?
Depends on what you mean by "lacking". If you mean the quality, then nope. If you mean how those scenes in the OP were designed, then also nope.

Fallen3dge
2012-07-10, 18:52
Its not the best op but the animation's good. Now for the ED

Wild Goose
2012-07-11, 03:08
I think the reason the OP gets so much love is really due to trailer 2, which had the whole latin chorus and the grimdarkness and despair and skyward scream.

Then the chorus of the OP kicks in - "In my dreams I'm flying" - and, interspersed with animation of awesomness, badass and what Excellen Browning would call a Love-Love Attack, reminds viewers that this is a show that believes in Earning one's happy ending.

That said, is it catchy? Yes. Did I like it? Yes. It has a certain feel that IMO fits smoothly and IMO it's fitting with the series and animation.

My prior exposure to Kajiura has been with some Gundam SEED tracks, some Tsubasa and some Noir. So far, from the music that's in the show, I think music wise this show is on to a good start.

Kismet-chan
2012-07-11, 03:39
I adore the OP. It reminds me of the kinds of anime opening themes from the late 90s to early 2000s that I really liked so much as a kid. (To avoid confusion: I am NOT saying that Crossing Field sounds like those songs, because it obviously doesn't. What I mean is that it gives me that same catchy feel-good vibe that the songs that I liked from that time did.) I did not expect to like it this much at all. I like it WAY more than both of Accel World's OPs combined.

I do agree with what a couple of others said in that I do think the song could've benefited from being performed by a stronger singer, but I'm not complaining with what we were given one bit. :) And the slick animation just helps bring it all together.

As for the ED, I'm lukewarm about it. I do like it more than Accel World's EDs, especially the first one (I'm a Kotoko fan, but I'm still not crazy about that song). I think I will listen to it more, and see if it grows on me. But it's a pretty song, imo. Soothing, even. (Without being boring.)

sky black swordman
2012-07-11, 06:19
^ I find myself agreeing with you and several things you said, but I love the Accel World ED. The first one I mean.

Wild Goose
2012-07-11, 08:11
Hmmm. Been listening to the Episode 2 PV music. For some reason, the melody and arrangement of that track, at some points, remind me of Ace Combat 6's leitmotif.

Netto Azure
2012-07-14, 11:49
I can't wait till the full single comes out. I remember watching LiSA's concert 2 weeks ago at AX which helped me choose SAO to be the next series to pick up. I am very pleased.

Wild Goose
2012-07-14, 12:52
I've been listening to a tv rip of Crossing Field.

Everytime I hear it, a smile breaks out on my face. I'm putting it on my "Cheering Up list", as opposed to my "Thoughtful/Heartwarming List", which is currently dominated by Yakusoku, Chihaya's ultimate image song... :heh: Actually, I've been listening to Crossing Field more than Yakusoku, which is a bit of a surprise to me. Heh.

Netto Azure
2012-07-14, 16:13
I really liked the ending...sounded familiar and just pure KiriAsu. <3 ;-;

Deltaray
2012-07-14, 16:32
OST during the episode was pretty dam good, ending meh, I really honestly don't care about endings that much, but it was allright.

trinitem
2012-07-14, 17:44
The ending was alright. It does the unwinding that I usually expect from endings. Nothing outstanding on the side of music or animation.

As usual, I can't remember the ost because it blended in so well.

To Episode 3!

sky black swordman
2012-07-14, 22:40
IMO the ED was great . I love it.
How sHould I say this its calming.

blakstealth
2012-07-15, 12:08
I think I take back what I said about the OP being meh. It's pretty decent, especially the chorus.

sky black swordman
2012-07-15, 23:48
I think I take back what I said about the OP being meh. It's pretty decent, especially the chorus.

:heh::heh: Its only a matter of time before you join the other side and say its great.:D

Unknown Soldier
2012-07-16, 01:47
I like this OP but I think oath sign was better. Still, it was good to hear LiSA's voice again.

Konakaga
2012-07-29, 09:33
I'll just leave this here, a great Piano cover of Crossing Field:
rPWDijN0tJg

noobita
2012-07-29, 10:36
Crossing field is so great. I love the 0:40 part. It is just awesome.

Hypernova
2012-07-29, 12:12
Any news on the OST release date yet? I sure hope they don't pull anymore of those release-as-DVD/BD-extra shenanigans.

supermegasonic
2012-07-30, 15:08
so is there any news of when the OP will come out in full?

sky black swordman
2012-07-30, 17:07
so is there any news of when the OP will come out in full?

It will be out on August 8.

frubam
2012-07-30, 20:35
That music they played in ep 4 when Kirito speed-dashed to Rosalia's position and put the sword to her throat was very beautiful. Especially in the way the music 'heightened' the moment he dashed. I can't wait til the ost comes out =03.

Yachiyo
2012-07-31, 23:04
It will be out on August 8.

Awww Aug 8? I'm dying to listen to it~ It will be added to my J-Rock music playlist :3

relentlessflame
2012-08-01, 00:09
Any news on the OST release date yet? I sure hope they don't pull anymore of those release-as-DVD/BD-extra shenanigans.
There's been no news on this that I can see, but I have to say that I'd rank the odds of it being one of those "release-as-DVD/BD-extra shenanigans" at very high, given that this is Aniplex. The bonus CD with the first volume looks to be a Character Song CD, but we'll see what sorts of CDs are included with future volumes. I'm guessing some of those will be soundtracks.

blakstealth
2012-08-05, 10:52
Full OP is pretty awesome.

Kismet-chan
2012-08-05, 11:44
I love the full OP! *bounces* Not too crazy about the second track, but the third track on the SAO edition of the single, Kawaranai Ao, sounds rather nice. I could actually see that being another ED.

dark998
2012-08-06, 00:55
crossing field full size version is glorious. B-side song Kawaranai Ao is pretty good too.

Netto Azure
2012-08-06, 03:25
Geez, this is just awesome. I love the Full OP so much.

sky black swordman
2012-08-06, 04:02
The Opening is great!
Maybe now all the Opening hate at the begining will stop.

OPLover023
2012-08-16, 00:25
Hey I love the anime and there is this classical sounding cello piece that keeps popping up, most notably at the end of episode 5 or about 18 minutes 20 seconds into episode 6. I am a classical pianist and cellist and would love to play this piece, however I'm not sure if it's a piece made for the anime, or if it is a piece written by a classical composer that was integrated into the anime (like they did in Occult Academy with Liszts La Campanella). So if anyone has some info on this I would greatly appreciate it.
-Nate

Raviel
2012-08-16, 04:22
Does anyone happen to have the full lyrics for Crossing Field (either translated or the romanized versions)?

Unknown Soldier
2012-08-16, 05:16
Watch this page. Someone will translate it eventually.
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/sao/crossingfield.htm

Marina2
2012-08-18, 12:31
Have you guys listen to this? The Orchestra arranged of crossing field

Du4DbR3gDbQ

sky black swordman
2012-08-18, 20:14
Sound like a medieval online game or something from the Legend of zelda.
Not bad though.

Mura
2012-08-25, 13:36
Sword Art Online's 2nd Season Ending Sung by Luna Haruna (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-08-25/sword-art-online-2nd-season-ending-sung-by-luna-haruna)

Excitement....going.....out of control.:hyper-^v^:

tomtkp
2012-08-25, 13:48
Sword Art Online's 2nd Season Ending Sung by Luna Haruna (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-08-25/sword-art-online-2nd-season-ending-sung-by-luna-haruna)

Excitement....going.....out of control.:hyper-^v^:

2nd ED: "Overfly"

hmm........Too obvious a hint.

Mura
2012-08-25, 14:20
It is, isn't it? Oh well, anime only watchers won't get that though.:heh:

M1sFyr3
2012-08-25, 15:19
YES! I get it now, now I know what we'll have for season 2. yay! :meh:

Solafighter
2012-08-25, 16:47
There is this one music track, which sounds like a music track from Fate Zero. (...)
Is that known? I cant be the only one, who notices this.

FJ-Kowz
2012-08-25, 20:32
Hey I love the anime and there is this classical sounding cello piece that keeps popping up, most notably at the end of episode 5 or about 18 minutes 20 seconds into episode 6. I am a classical pianist and cellist and would love to play this piece, however I'm not sure if it's a piece made for the anime, or if it is a piece written by a classical composer that was integrated into the anime (like they did in Occult Academy with Liszts La Campanella). So if anyone has some info on this I would greatly appreciate it.
-Nate

It sounds very Kajiura-ish so i'd say it's original

There is this one music track, which sounds like a music track from Fate Zero. (...)
Is that known? I cant be the only one, who notices this.

Yeah, it's identical to Rule the Battlefield from Fate/Zero. Kajiura probably found the original score, forgot she used it on Fate/Zero, and decided to use it for SAO. :heh:

Netto Azure
2012-08-25, 20:56
2nd ED: "Overfly"

hmm........Too obvious a hint.

Can't wait to see the designs. The next season reminds me of Flyff or Dragon Quest too much. :heh:

Anyways can't wait for a preview.

wandering-dreamer
2012-08-26, 08:57
Guess that means the OP will be changing as well, is there any news on that yet?

Wild Goose
2012-08-26, 11:40
A track that stood out to me in Episode 8 was the BGM during the KiriAsu fight with the skeleton knight. It reminds me alot of the feel of A Song of Storm and Fire, which was a pretty outstanding track from the Tsubasa OST. Quite like it, and it really fits the scene very well.

Rayrah
2012-08-26, 11:48
A track that stood out to me in Episode 8 was the BGM during the KiriAsu fight with the skeleton knight. It reminds me alot of the feel of A Song of Storm and Fire, which was a pretty outstanding track from the Tsubasa OST. Quite like it, and it really fits the scene very well.
Yeah, I concur; that's been by far the most.. interesting track thus far. I may end up getting the OST just for it.

Wild Goose
2012-08-26, 12:42
Yeah, I concur; that's been by far the most.. interesting track thus far. I may end up getting the OST just for it.

I consider it an apology for Asuna cowering behind Kirito, before regaining her nerve. ;D

Deltaray
2012-08-26, 15:47

It's also the same soundtrack from episode two.

Rayrah
2012-08-26, 15:52
It's also the same soundtrack from episode two.
Oh, yes, you're right! I almost didn't believe you at first. :heh:

Wild Goose
2012-08-26, 19:07
Totally didn't remember that - I was posting after a long day at work at 1.42AM my time.

It provides a great contrast, actually. You have it used in episode 2 when Asuna and Kirito are fighting together for the first time... and then reuse it for episode 8 when they're fighting together after a two year gap and you see Asuna's really stepped up her game.

I can't wait for the OST. This definitely needs the full version to be listened to.

Kismet-chan
2012-08-27, 03:32
Does anyone happen to have the full lyrics for Crossing Field (either translated or the romanized versions)?

The translation is slightly awkward, but you get the general gist of it. :)

Mitomete ita okubyou na kako
Wakaranai mama ni kowagatte ita
Ushiro no jibun ga genjitsu wo ima ni utsusu

Ikutsumo no sora wo egaita koko wa kitto
Hakanai kokoro mizashite

Yume de takaku tonda karada wa
Donna fuan matotte mo furiharatte iku
Nemuru chiisa na omoi hirogaridashite
Kizuku yowai watashi kimi ga ireba

Kurai sekai tsuyoku ireta
Nagai yume miru kokoro wa sou eien de

I wanna always be with you
I’ll give you everything I have

Sagashite ita michibiku hikari
Furereba subete omoidashite
Kakegae no nai taisetsu na ima wo kureru

Me wo toji sekai wo shitta
Sore wa itsumo atatakai no ni itakute

Tsunagu tashika na negai kasanariatte
Mieru mayoi wa ugokihajimeta
Kimi wo mamoritakute seou kizu wa
Fukai nemuri no naka tadayotta

Kawaranai yakusoku datta
Futari shinjita kizuna wa sou senmei ni

Koe ga todoku made namae wo yonde
Deaeta kiseki kanjitai motto

Yume de takaku tonda karada wa
Donna fuan matotte mo furiharatte iku
Nemuru chiisa na omoi hirogaridashite
Kizuku yowai watashi kimi ga ireba

Kurai sekai tsuyoku ireta
Nagai yumemiru kokoro wa sou eien de

I wanna always be with you
I wanna hold you tight right now
I swear that I will wipe your tears
I’ll give you everything I have

---

My cowardly past that I admitted
Not knowing what's going on, my frightened
past self reflects the reality now

The many skies that are painted here surely
will disturb this ephemeral heart

In my dream I soared
No matter the anxieties my body bears, I'll shake them off
The small sleeping feelings I'll stretch them out
I realized I'm weak and that if you being there

will give me strength in this dark world
This heart that's seeing a long dream, yeah, will last forever

(I wanna always be with you
I'll give you everything I have)

I was looking for the guiding light
If I could touch it, I would remember everything
I'll take the irreplaceable and precious present time

Closing your eyes to the world you know
Is always warm yet painful

Indeed the connecting wishes overlap
The visible hesitation began to move
I want to protect you. The wounds you bear
drifted into a deep sleep

The promise was kept unchanged
Bonds are yeah, what two people clearly believe in

Until my voice reaches you, I'll keep calling your name
I want to feel more the miracle I encountered

In my dream I soared
No matter the anxieties my body bears, I'll shake them off
The small sleeping feelings I'll stretch them out
I realized I'm weak and that if you being there

will give me strength in this dark world
This heart that's seeing a long dream, yeah, will last forever

(I wanna always stay with you
I wanna hold you tight right now
I swear I will walk with you
I'll give you everything I have)

Deltaray
2012-09-01, 17:37
Sountrack just before Asuna jumped into fight, dam "me wants".

Wintersun
2012-09-02, 07:27
i really love the bgm music of SOA, is actually available anywhere ? i couldn't even find anything on youtube...

blakstealth
2012-09-02, 08:47
It didn't come out, yet.

Solafighter
2012-09-02, 13:52
Is the release date known?

sky black swordman
2012-09-02, 19:46
Is the release date known?

Correct. No news let and it may like @relentlessflame said:

There's been no news on this that I can see, but I have to say that I'd rank the odds of it being one of those "release-as-DVD/BD-extra shenanigans" at very high, given that this is Aniplex. The bonus CD with the first volume looks to be a Character Song CD, but we'll see what sorts of CDs are included with future volumes. I'm guessing some of those will be soundtracks.

maelstormCaT
2012-09-05, 11:00
http://vimeo.com/47401006

The PV for Crossing Fields
Very nice I think.

ronelm2000
2012-09-05, 11:02
Why is her skirt...(or so I think)... looking like a disco ball? :heh:

...but yeah great PV. I wonder when I can hear the new ED...or new OP.

maelstormCaT
2012-09-05, 11:04
new op & ed I'm guessing around ep 12 or 14...

Solafighter
2012-09-05, 15:05
^ How many episodes will SAO have? On animenewsnetwork i read 12. Is it actually more? :bow:

Rayrah
2012-09-05, 15:10
^ How many episodes will SAO have? On animenewsnetwork i read 12. Is it actually more? :bow:
It's 2 cour, so 24-25. I think it's been confirmed to have 25.

Solafighter
2012-09-05, 15:22
Aaaah nice! Cant wait for the rest of it, then! :cool:

EnOfEridu
2012-09-05, 15:29
http://vimeo.com/47401006

The PV for Crossing Fields
Very nice I think.

The song is excellent. The video was so scary i couldn't watch. It would give me nightmares. Can't watch her dance, oh god, WHY?!!

lightl
2012-09-06, 01:18
guess release date for 2nd OP found it here http://www.swordart-online.net/news/index.html#n165

sky black swordman
2012-09-06, 02:20
^ Thanks for the heads up .

Netto Azure
2012-09-06, 08:48
guess release date for 2nd OP found it here http://www.swordart-online.net/news/index.html#n165

Innocence. Sounds nice...Certainly goes well with what will be going on.

Dessiato
2012-09-06, 09:10
November 21st...

Much too far away.

Are any previews out?

Wintersun
2012-09-06, 09:44
http://youtu.be/zI0VimlV6AI

dunno where this comes from but this was exactly what i was searching for haha :D
i thought it wasn't released yet ?

EnOfEridu
2012-09-06, 10:03
http://youtu.be/zI0VimlV6AI

dunno where this comes from but this was exactly what i was searching for haha :D
i thought it wasn't released yet ?

The YouTube description AND a following comment states clearly that it was a joint effort taken from various sources. Also it says the OST has not been released.

lightl
2012-09-18, 04:28
guess relentlessflame was right about the OST cause it listed as the cd special for volume 4 http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index04.html well OST volume 1

GoddyofAus
2012-10-02, 13:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO60ahwc8FI&feature=related

A fandub of the OP (custom lyrics I think). It's actually very well done.

wandering-dreamer
2012-10-06, 19:41
Posted this in the speculation thread but a short video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdFlcgX-08&feature=youtu.be) with clips of the new OP and ED (and footage from episode 15 onwards, don't look unless you've already seen 14).

Solafighter
2012-10-07, 07:37
^ :bow: :bow:

Allium
2012-10-08, 05:50
From the preview, 'Innocence' sounds pretty much generic, but I quite like 'Overfly.' I actually lol-ed when the preview of 'Overfly' began with 'Takaku, takaku~' :heh:

noobita
2012-10-08, 11:28
Just watched Lisa Crossing Field Pv, and holy sh*t, she is gorgeous and i like how she moves her body in that PV.

ImmortalObject
2012-10-12, 18:27
I made a Youtube video of me playing one of the cello melodies that someone was asking about. I'm still not sure of the name of the song -- if I find out, I'll let everyone know. Watch the video and enjoy (or not, depending on whether you think I'm any good at playing cello lol).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3AGaCf5zM&feature=g-upl

lightl
2012-10-17, 04:36
http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index.html preview of what going to be on the cd that comes with LE of volume 1

Arturia Polaris
2012-10-25, 19:44
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but this man is epic.

Piano Cover OP2 (http://youtu.be/XFP9fiZJyrI)

Arty

Netto Azure
2012-10-25, 20:23
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but this man is epic.

Piano Cover OP2 (http://youtu.be/XFP9fiZJyrI)

Arty

I love this so much. o-o

StellarCell
2012-10-26, 22:42
What was the name of the OST when Asuna was talking to the fisherman about how she met Kirito and why he's the reason she went to SAO?

relentlessflame
2012-10-26, 23:16
What was the name of the OST when Asuna was talking to the fisherman about how she met Kirito and why he's the reason she went to SAO?
Nobody knows this yet because the OST hasn't been released. The first volume will be released with the 4th Blu-Ray volume in January (and it'll be spread over multiple subsequent releases).

Rayrah
2012-10-27, 22:00
Asuna's character song, My Independent Destiny, came out not too long ago, and it's quite good. I love the bit of English at the beginning.

Haru-kun
2012-10-28, 09:33
Overall, I enjoyed the song. The chorus was quite catchy, not to mention, meaningful but the first 20secs sounds weird… On the bright side, at least her English was understandable. A side note, I find it quite hilarious that they had decided to credit the music production to <SAO MUSIC GUILD>

ronelm2000
2012-10-28, 09:53
Overall, I enjoyed the song. The chorus was quite catchy, not to mention, meaningful but the first 20secs sounds weird… On the bright side, at least her English was understandable. A side note, I find it quite hilarious that they had decided to credit the music production to <SAO MUSIC GUILD>

I'm going to quote that in my fics sometime. :heh:

lightl
2012-10-29, 01:49
oh vol 2 blu-ray and dvd updated with 30 sec preview of character songs http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index02.html 2 different song in this volume

Unknown Soldier
2012-10-29, 23:34
When is OP2 and ED2 singles released?

RRW
2012-10-30, 07:54
When is OP2 and ED2 singles released?

OP2: Nov 21
ED2: Nov 28

blakstealth
2012-10-30, 18:27
Omfg man. can't wait for that long D:

yindesu
2012-11-07, 00:52
OP2 "INNOCENCE" is actually released today as a digital single:
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/innocence-single/id573783975?l=en
(without the accompanying tracks)

And yes, SonyMusic is now on iTunes Japan. Should be a lot easier for those of us outside Japan to buy their music now :)

Resperina
2012-11-11, 02:12
What is the song in episode 13 when Asuna fights the reallly big fish? I'M DYING TO KNOW.

Concordia
2012-11-11, 21:23

And yes, SonyMusic is now on iTunes Japan. Should be a lot easier for those of us outside Japan to buy their music now :)

Do you by any chance know if the ED is also getting a digital release before its physical release date?

Hooves
2012-11-13, 21:35

Yeah, I just saw the second opening on youtube. Don't know where those previous dates came from.

relentlessflame
2012-11-14, 01:10
Don't know where those previous dates came from.Those are the dates for the CDs, and still accurate. The digital release for that song was prior to the CD release.

Zeydra
2012-11-15, 05:52
Just found out that the second volume of the Original Soundtrack is scheduled to be released with volume 7 of the series.

http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index07.html

Vsin
2012-11-15, 20:54
The one thing that mildly irks me about the long version of INNOCENCE is the little piano bit in the opening. The Anime cut sounds better IMO.

Concordia
2012-11-17, 18:54
A full version of Overfly is now out, but I don't think it sounds as good as the TV version. It's still great though.

FlareKnight
2012-11-17, 23:12
A full version of Overfly is now out, but I don't think it sounds as good as the TV version. It's still great though.
I wanted to say differently, but I agree. The TV version is actually better. Just seems to have more power to it than the full version.

Nezu
2012-11-18, 01:22

I believe it doesn't sound as good because it's a live version, there still isn't a full studio version that anyone has found that I know of.

yindesu
2012-11-18, 02:06
Overfly hasn't been released yet. At least, it's not on iTunes, Mora, or Sony's YouTube channel.

Nezu
2012-11-18, 03:01
There are reasons why people aren't saying where the live version is. But it's out there.

blakstealth
2012-11-19, 10:39
Nonetheless, it's a good listen until the studio version comes. I love it.

Nezu
2012-11-19, 19:19
Nov 28th needs to be here NOW.

Snowfrost
2012-11-20, 01:05
There's this really amazing online band cover of crossing field. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--q0a1yTVMA

Divini
2012-11-20, 03:01
A topic that's a little diverting...

During the first half I wondered who the lyrics of Crossing Field was for. It was a toss up between Kirito and Asuna, but ultimately I believe it was definitely for Asuna.

For Innocence, I thought at the start the lyrics were definitely for Kirito, but now it seems it could easily be for Suguha too. What do you people think?

FlareKnight
2012-11-22, 19:00
So the second character song CD focuses on Sachi and Silica. Definitely a contrast between the two songs.

Sachi's "Memory Heart Message " was really nice. Just liked the music and was nicely sung. Not overly sad as you might think, but somehow I just feel like the title fits nicely with this. Makes you think back to the tragedy of her loss. On that note wouldn't have been against including a track of her singing "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" :).

Silica's "Lovely Super Idol" really does fit the title :heh:. Have to give a nod to Sachi's song in comparison, though this one certainly has a lot of energy. If you are in the mood for some fast paced music then this will work out fine.

blakstealth
2012-11-25, 11:00
Finally listened to the studio version of Overfly. Everything about it is just right. Absolutely love it.

Allium
2012-11-26, 01:14
xdyGnUNI1po

Really can't wait for it to be released.

Wigwams
2012-11-27, 23:06
well its released now. sounds very good! :D

Nezu
2012-12-01, 19:50
Just snagged the studio release, now I can be happy for awhile!

bastek66
2012-12-02, 17:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evPOJtmXqkc

lightl
2012-12-09, 03:40
well they posted 30 sec preview of character cd for volume 3 release http://www.swordart-online.net/package/index03.html

DarkJak2050
2012-12-19, 17:32
Can this thread also apply for making AMVs? Cause I'm thinking of making one, for the music I have in mind are not Sword Art Online's OP and ED themes, though.

zgmf-x19a
2012-12-22, 20:49
does anyone know the ost's release date please?

sky black swordman
2012-12-22, 23:36

The SAO Original Soundtrack is being release as DVD/BD extras.

relentlessflame
2012-12-23, 01:20
Yes, as mentioned above, they're being released with the Blu-Rays/DVDs, and the release dates are 2013-01-23 and 2013-04-24 (with volumes 4 and 7 respectively).

DarkJak2050
2012-12-23, 01:34
I'm guessing that making Sword Art Online AMVs don't count on this thread. Since no one answered my question I posted last page...

sky black swordman
2012-12-23, 02:24
I'm guessing that making Sword Art Online AMVs don't count on this thread. Since no one answered my question I posted last page...

Just check the Sword Art Online - Requests for new threads , and someone made a request fo a AMV and MAD thread.

zgmf-x19a
2012-12-23, 05:01
Yes, as mentioned above, they're being released with the Blu-Rays/DVDs, and the release dates are 2013-01-23 and 2013-04-24 (with volumes 4 and 7 respectively).

ok great thanks

painnaruto
2012-12-24, 06:41
[mod edit: removed link to illegal stream for episode 25]

What is the title of the music from 2:40 to 3:40 or I can find

I can not find it I was often falls on the op and ed, Sao

relentlessflame
2012-12-25, 01:38
What is the title of the music from 2:40 to 3:40 or I can find

I can not find it I was often falls on the op and ed, SaoYes, as was mentioned above, the OST has not been released yet. Please see a few posts up for more information.

Wintersun
2013-01-05, 22:25
anyone know the names of the score songs ?
i'm talking about the background music, for example in episode 1 at 2:43 when klein follows him.

relentlessflame
2013-01-06, 21:14
anyone know the names of the score songs ?
i'm talking about the background music, for example in episode 1 at 2:43 when klein follows him.
I swear, I need an auto-responder. :heh: Please read a few posts up to understand why this is.

Kingayro1
2013-01-10, 15:24
Anyone know what that ost is called at the end of episode 23?

relentlessflame
2013-01-11, 01:56
Anyone know what that ost is called at the end of episode 23?
/facepalm

Please read up...

(I wonder if the new title will help...)

Solafighter
2013-01-11, 13:13
^Nice move in renaming the thread title. :D

Vsin
2013-01-12, 21:15
Hey, what's the name of that song when- *gets shot*

But on a more serious note...maybe it was just a factor of time, but it seems like the "impact" of the OST really fell off when Fairy Dance rolled around. Or maybe I was just too jaded by the plot to notice.

relentlessflame
2013-01-13, 06:15
But on a more serious note...maybe it was just a factor of time, but it seems like the "impact" of the OST really fell off when Fairy Dance rolled around. Or maybe I was just too jaded by the plot to notice.I actually thought the OST actually expanded nicely in the move to the second arc. By the end of the first arc, it was starting to seem to me a bit like the repertoire was limited, as the songs and themes seemed to keep coming back. But then, it moved in to the second arc and a whole new world of music was unleashed to match the new world, while they still sometimes went back and referenced the music in the first arc. So the actual body of music grew significantly in the second-cour, and I thought it helped breath some new life into the new game world and helped reinforce the switch in gears. Just my observation, of course.

konart
2013-01-22, 15:58
The OST vol.1 is out btw

Netto Azure
2013-01-22, 23:52
Well there was some compilations of it before....but this is pretty good

Westlo
2013-01-23, 03:42
Hey, what's the name of that song when- *gets shot*

But on a more serious note...maybe it was just a factor of time, but it seems like the "impact" of the OST really fell off when Fairy Dance rolled around. Or maybe I was just too jaded by the plot to notice.

Well imo this was just a weak score period, sure it had a few nice pieces throughout it, but it felt really phoned in. Definitely not on the level of Kara no Kyoukai or Fate/Zero. Though it's not like I regard most of Kajiura's work at a high level....

styr
2013-01-23, 16:17
Been waiting for the OST for a while. I concur with the above poster....

01, 15, 17, 19, 23, 25 are my favorite tracks, though if I had to rank them 17/19 would be 2 of the top 3.

Obstinate
2013-01-24, 01:25
Man #19 is so good. It should have appeared more often in the anime.

sky black swordman
2013-01-24, 05:45
Haven't listen to the whole thing, but for me tracks 1 and 17 are the best! :)

Solafighter
2013-01-24, 09:45
I've waited for this for a very long time. I still miss two music tracks from the SAO arc, but the rest are just awsome. :cool:

Track 1 absolutly the best one. :D

sky black swordman
2013-01-24, 21:42
I've waited for this for a very long time. I still miss two music tracks from the SAO arc, but the rest are just awsome. :cool:

Track 1 absolutly the best one. :D

Yes, it is.:nod:

Still wait for the 2 tracks as well.
The one during Kirito's duel with Eugene and the one where Kirito owned those 3 Salamanders.:heh:

tomtkp
2013-01-25, 02:06
Currently listening to the OST. Up till track 24.

Really there are so many awesome tracks in this OST. I will never ever doubt Yuki Kajiura's performances again.

Favourite tracks are 1, 6, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24

Solafighter
2013-01-25, 07:08
Still wait for the 2 tracks as well.
The one during Kirito's duel with Eugene and the one where Kirito owned those 3 Salamanders.:heh:

I'm waiting for the music from epside 4, when the bad guys try to kill Kirito on the bridge- The music, that starts when Kirito tells them his level and HP. Beautiful piece of work. I hope to have that on the 2nd OST.

Wild Goose
2013-01-25, 11:08
IMO, track 1 - The Swordland, Track 19 - Luminous Sword, and Track 23 - A Narrow Escape, are the best combat tracks out of the whole list.

I do wish they'd used Track 19 a lot more, though I suppose using it for the two times when Kirito and Asuna team up onscreen makes it more memorable. But Track 1 is definitely the series leitmotif.

DarkJak2050
2013-01-26, 03:36
Just finished listening to the 1st soundtrack. Some of the tracks kind of reminds me of .hack//Sign and .hack//Liminality's soundtracks.

Especially track 32- At Nightfall. It reminds me of Grandpa's Violin from .hack//Liminality's soundtrack.

But then again, Yuki Kajiura did those soundtracks long before Sword Art Online's. Look here for the release dates of each Soundtrack:

.hack//Sign OST 1: July 24, 2002
.hack//Sign OST 2: Sept. 21, 2002
.hack//Sign Extra OST: Oct. 23, 2002
.hack//Liminality OST: July 1, 2003
Sword Art Online OST 1: Jan. 23, 2013

Wild Goose
2013-01-26, 04:55
I'd also add that track 19 - Luminous Sword - is highly evocative of one of Kajiura's most famous tracks: A Song of Storm and Fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhSxqZy0IGE).

Or rather, listening to the two tracks, one can see where Kajiura was influenced by her past work; if I had to make an analogy, I'd describe it as two different cakes, distinctly apart, but made with the same ingredients.

~Yami~
2013-01-27, 08:02
godly soundtrack has been bestowed on my laptop....

favorite track? Swordland must be in my favorite list....
Yuki Kajiura really done her best in SAO

Wild Goose
2013-01-28, 11:13
The Swordland is essentially the series leitmotif for SAO.

Zeydra
2013-01-30, 08:38
This was a decent listen, not the best I've heard from Kajiura but still pleasant enough. I do however feel unsatisfied with swordland of all tracks, typically when Kajiura does a big epic track like that it just seems to pack more of a punch than swordland did to me. While it was pleasant I can't help but like the other battle songs like luminous sword and fight much more.

All up I feel this was a mixed bag, but overall pleasant. If I were to give the first soundtrack a rating out of ten, it would probably be a 7.

Westlo
2013-05-04, 12:08
After listening to the second OST this is probably the worst score I've heard from Kajiura, about as uninspired as the show itself. A few tracks were quite good but overall just meh is the impression I get from listening to this.

Pretty big let down after her Fate/Zero work which i felt was her best since KnK.

sky black swordman
2013-05-04, 17:57
The second OST is out, aye.

Imprezz4wolff
2013-11-29, 10:51
Hey guys im new here and i have a question,

I have some ideas for a AMV of SOA, but the problem is the music. I want to pick a song of SAO but all the songs are pretty, please awnser me what you think is the best song!!!

sorry if my english sucks

c933103
2013-12-06, 12:37
Excuse me, is there anyone here know about any author/creator/writer information for the SAO PSP game's soundtrack?

sky black swordman
2013-12-07, 06:10
Hey guys im new here and i have a question,

I have some ideas for a AMV of SOA, but the problem is the music. I want to pick a song of SAO but all the songs are pretty, please awnser me what you think is the best song!!!

sorry if my english sucksIn my opinion, the best OST is Swordland.

Solafighter
2013-12-13, 07:50
In my opinion, the best OST is Swordland.

I agree. :cool:

VTHokiePride
2013-12-16, 19:53
In my opinion, the best OST is Swordland.

Same. I'm currently studying for finals and Swordland really got me in the mood to keep studying. It's the inspirational epic theme music that I need.

nate1021
2014-03-16, 08:13
Does anyone know the name of the background song in Sword Art Online [English] at: Episode 09 15:03

Netto Azure
2014-03-16, 22:29
Does anyone know the name of the background song in Sword Art Online [English] at: Episode 09 15:03

It's also Swordland. :heh:

kache
2014-06-02, 20:12
First OP/ED were pretty bland, second OP and ED are awesome, especially the ED2. A pleasure to listen to.

c933103
2014-06-02, 22:38
As the thread is pushed up, just a reminder: both the OST of IM and HF had been released, latest SAOII PV includes part of SAOII OP1 as background, and the previously rumored SAOII ED clip is fake while the info of artist is correct and title had been announced sometime after that rumor

kache
2014-06-04, 18:14
CpDyF4pkbAs

Can't stop listening to it! :heh:

c933103
2014-10-06, 19:47
ED3 shirushi gAko-Ea-bzw

Divini
2014-10-18, 21:14
I'm seriously in love with the new OP "Courage". Especially that part near the end when the music got softer, showing the memories of SAO, ALO, and GGO.

c933103
2014-10-19, 01:57
No More Time Machine is the second track in Shirushi's single

bastek66
2014-11-02, 07:54
When OP2's single will be out?

c933103
2014-11-02, 08:44
December 3.

Proto
2014-11-25, 16:12
It hadn't dawned on me that "Courage" is English for "yuuki". Now I feel slow.

Gazdav
2014-11-26, 07:29
It hadn't dawned on me that "Courage" is English for "yuuki". Now I feel slow.

Depends if you can speak japanses really

But yes courage when translated is Yūki 勇気.

hoshino_crimsonwings
2014-11-30, 00:06
When's the full version of Shirushi coming out?

c933103
2014-11-30, 10:26
When's the full version of Shirushi coming out?

officially Dec10, but most probably next week this time

l.kostas
2015-01-21, 07:50
Season II 1st character song:
SOLITARY BULLET by Sawashiro Miyuki (Sinon)

2nd character song:
BLAZING BULLET by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito) and Sawashiro Miyuki (Sinon)

c933103
2015-01-31, 03:48
3rd bd come with ost and 4th bd come with shinkawas' char song and both have been released`5th bd charsong title have also been announced

Trumf
2015-02-06, 14:07
Hi i have a question!

the music/song in the background from SAO II episode 2 when Silica, Leafa and lisbeth fighting plant moster, what song is it? have tried to find it but cant! the rules said that we cant link MP3 or torrents but just the name of the song would be awsome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYdMeYQaQ5I is the scene when they are fighting atleast if thats ok to link :)

dylan05
2015-02-06, 15:38
It seems that this track still hasn't been released.
Hopefully it will be in the second OST in a few months.

l.kostas
2015-03-02, 00:51
LiSA crossing field -English ver.- "KARAOKE" CONTEST (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb17hRVaRX0)

rb17hRVaRX0

Phoenix6000
2015-04-10, 12:24
Aoi Eir's OP for Lost Song is simply gorgeous. :love: