PDA

View Full Version : Accel World - Episode EX2 OVA Discussion / Poll

Kairin
2013-02-02, 04:48
Welcome to the discussion thread for Accel World, Episode EX2 OVA.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy

Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy) for more information.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a useful title!
Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Miraluka
2013-02-04, 23:38
Funny OVA :heh:

- So we have Haru going under a diet done by Chiyu.
- The pool part showed the obvious leg fetish Haru has and Niko trolling KYH is funny as usual.
- I still find weird they went to the hotsprings... in the accelerated world :heh:.
- Being Taku is suffering.
- Ash is so full of energy but why they ignore him???
- So Hime prefers him chubby or else other girls might get her claws on him? :heh: It seems she forgets there are girls fighting for him already :p.
- I wonder the memories Haru had about his parents makes me think he wasn't fat before and he went that way as consequence of his parents' fights and divorce.
- The talk between him and Hime was heart warming unti... he fainted of moe(?) because of Hime's hug :heh:.
- I didn't notice but the ending was censored in the anime but now it shows hime's butt :twitch:.

I want more of these ovas, both were very good.

mechdra
2013-02-05, 17:04
Rin appear! She is the shy and silent girl that bumped on to Haru.

orpheus2
2013-02-06, 19:38
Funny OVA :heh:

- So Hime prefers him chubby or else other girls might get her claws on him? :heh: It seems she forgets there are girls fighting for him already :p.
- I wonder the memories Haru had about his parents makes me think he wasn't fat before and he went that way as consequence of his parents' fights and divorce.
- The talk between him and Hime was heart warming unti... he fainted of moe(?) because of Hime's hug :heh:.

I want more of these ovas, both were very good.

-True.:heh:
-The most likely he was close with his father considering his father played games with Haru. But still, Tekken?:heh:
-It was really too much for him.

If we are lucky, we might get a special one during the SAOxAW meeting.:innocent:

tsunade666
2013-02-07, 10:32
-True.:heh:
-The most likely he was close with his father considering his father played games with Haru. But still, Tekken?:heh:
-It was really too much for him.

If we are lucky, we might get a special one during the SAOxAW meeting.:innocent:

They live in future world. Tekken is a token of the past world to them. its like playing pacman now a days :heh: :heh:

SaoXAw >_> I'm not hyped for that one.

Sunder the Gold
2013-02-09, 23:05
Assuming I understand the rough English of the LNs right, Haruyuki does reflect on how his figure got so bad AFTER his dad left.

The food available to him probably took a nose-dive after that, and his own depression probably led to eating more and going out running around less. Self-esteem issues would rob him of confidence and energy, leading to poorer performance in gym class, which led to aversion to physical activity...

But yeah, it's not like being chubby is hurting his present prospects. Aside from possibly Megumi, is there any named girl who DOESN'T like Haru in some way?

orpheus2
2013-02-11, 03:56
Assuming I understand the rough English of the LNs right, Haruyuki does reflect on how his figure got so bad AFTER his dad left.

The food available to him probably took a nose-dive after that, and his own depression probably led to eating more and going out running around less. Self-esteem issues would rob him of confidence and energy, leading to poorer performance in gym class, which led to aversion to physical activity...

But yeah, it's not like being chubby is hurting his present prospects. Aside from possibly Megumi, is there any named girl who DOESN'T like Haru in some way?

True but take note he seemed to be close to his father when it came to games.

Aqua Current. She? is more on professional business type person.

Tusjecht
2013-02-11, 20:24
Current is a She. Haru touched her heart, or rather the area above her heart, in his Level 2 side story.

Sunder the Gold
2013-02-11, 21:26
HARU: "I even touched her chest! Except I didn't really feel anything, so maybe I didn't really touch anything?"

AQUA: "Yes, you did."

And true, he might not have her affections*. Though he definitely earned her approval.

*Though, with the Accidental Groping, it's safe to bet she's a part of the harem. The whole, old, "Ruined For Marriage" idea.

Sunder the Gold
2013-02-14, 22:00
Scarlet Rain was pretty insistent that Crow and Pile never use IS skills except when someone else uses them first...

But Sky Raker just ABUSES that power to make up her lack of legs. Good grief, if she's capable of that kind of speed and power without her legs, she must be untouchable with them.

Also, Olive Drab marks the second person with Olive in their name (after Olive Glove) AND the second person to share the exact same color with someone else (the others being Black Lotus and Vise).

He seems to have the ability to burrow, somehow, which doesn't really seem connected with having a tank for legs.

orpheus2
2013-02-15, 07:17
:heh:Well... she's an... exception... probably...

Olive Drab... I am guessing it was mispronounced. Shouldn't it be Olive Glove instead. Remember, Engrish.

Sunder the Gold
2013-02-15, 08:08
Olive Glove is supposed to have some kind of ability (not a special move) called Oil Membrane Armor (Oil Coat). Hence the name "glove", I imagine, as the oil would be like a soft velvet glove over an iron fist (body).

Olive Drab is a fucking tank. I'm faily sure his only armor is hard metal, and he didn't look the slightest bit oily.

garf02
2013-03-04, 20:28
EX 02 sub are out

Mura
2013-03-04, 20:29
2nd OVA is subbed now.:)

Man, why did they tease me by showing "her" there. Season two please.;)

Sunder the Gold
2013-03-04, 20:36
Hear, hear.

Ken Sanders
2013-03-05, 23:23
WHHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!

Seeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssoooooon TTTTTWWWWWWOOOOO!

How long will it take for the announcement for the next season!!!!!!!

AW has already a game, anime, specials, etc. Isn't it enough for season two!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10616/337802-85213-domon-kasshu.png

Nezu
2013-03-07, 00:56
It was great to see Rin show up! :D

Awesome episode, I loved how it helped explain why Haru is the way he is now.

HasuMasu
2013-03-08, 08:01
Ash Roller, how glorious you are.

Raker-sama, please abuse me more.

Oh, and season 2.

Triple_R
2013-03-09, 13:40
Very fun OVA episode. Great sense of humor, and great job squeezing in all the major supporting cast characters of note. It was especially good to see Ash Roller show up.

As someone with my own weight issues in real life, I could definitely empathize with what Haru went through in this episode. I could also directly relate to the comedy. :heh:

It helped make it a pretty poignant episode for me. The Haru/KYH romance continues to be very endearing to me.

~Yami~
2013-03-09, 18:58
better than first OVA...

quite hilarious when we found out why Kuroyuki sulking during the whole episode...
she doesn't want his plushy-pig taken away from her...

and that mysterious girl... omg... I was spoiled :heh:

Raker joined the battlefield... awesome!!!!

thundrakkon
2013-03-11, 06:46
I noticed that the neurolinkers in the real world were the same colors as what were the avatars in Accel World. If I remember correctly, all the neurolinkers were the same color in the series, but the OVA had custom neurolinkers for each character.

The mysterious girl that Haru and Fuuko and bumps into has a green neurolinker.

As for the next season, I'm not expecting one until maybe 2014 at the earliest, if any at all. The DVD/BluRay sales are decent, but nowhere close to Sword Art Online's levels.

Julio C
2013-03-13, 02:28
Rin appear! She is the shy and silent girl that bumped on to Haru.

Who is she really? She also appeared in the very last scene of the last episode which threw me off because she hadn't appeared previously.

As for the next season, I'm not expecting one until maybe 2014 at the earliest, if any at all. The DVD/BluRay sales are decent, but nowhere close to Sword Art Online's levels.

I thought Season 2 was officially announced already.

akonx
2013-05-28, 21:35
l love this ova!! kawai

judasmartel
2013-05-28, 22:24
I noticed that the neurolinkers in the real world were the same colors as what were the avatars in Accel World. If I remember correctly, all the neurolinkers were the same color in the series, but the OVA had custom neurolinkers for each character.

The mysterious girl that Haru and Fuuko and bumps into has a green neurolinker.

Meaning she's Green Grandee? Haha, just kidding.

So it's true! Haru used to be thin after all!

Nice tactics there, NN. Drop Lotus on top of the ranged opponents, GG. As noted in the earlier posts, if Raker is capable of hitting insane speeds on a wheelchair, imagine how fast she would be with her legs back.

LeBeakofJustice
2013-12-27, 17:33
2nd OVA is subbed now.:)

Really, where? I haven't been able to find a subbed or dubbed version anywhere!

EDIT: Nevermind, just found one, and on Youtube too. I feel like an idiot.

Rozmdan
2014-01-19, 01:51
The OVA was a nice touch in my opinion. It felt almost like the 25th episode. Almost. It is nice to see sky raker rejoined and I look forward to the other additions in the future.

I haven't seen a confirmation for a season 2 yet, however I won't complain if it has happened already. :)

Meltyred
2014-02-19, 12:47
Very late to say this, but I noticed the ending scene actually was the start of Volume 5 of the novels, which follows up directly from the Dusk taker arc.
Very probable season 2 with this...

Parousia
2014-05-20, 06:51
Who's the girl that blushes when she bumps Haru?

Tusjecht
2014-05-23, 23:07
Kusakabe Rin.

As for who she is really...

The younger sister of Ash Roller's controller. She took over his Neuro Linker after he fell into a coma, although his soul remains in said Neuro Linker. So she doesn't control Ash Roller, but she can remember in-game events and stuff.

Parousia
2014-05-28, 09:59
When will Ash Roller's story come up in the Light Novel?

Tusjecht
2014-05-28, 23:34
Volume 9, chapter 2.