PDA

View Full Version : To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Pellissier
2013-04-26, 04:46
Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy

Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy) for more information.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a useful title!
Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Sumeragi
2013-04-26, 08:24
Here's to lightness before darkness comes.

Shadrala
2013-04-26, 08:46
Here's to lightness before darkness comes.

Amen to that. :bow:

But seriously, I'm really looking forward to this episode..! :3

Master Assassin
2013-04-26, 09:58
More like we just entered the door to darkness. Doesn't really feel like much at the moment, but here's to waiting for the next episode.

zaeraal
2013-04-26, 10:00
Just watched the raw.
The pace felt even slower than last time and the preview looks like it's going to continue the trend.

Mikoto being pwned by Nunotaba was really nice.
Harue finding more cards than Saten was really epic :D, she has a serious rival now.

Mikoto really didn't used those cards to buy her clothes or to book the hotel room as it was in manga.
I still don't understand why they had to change it, it even explained WHY did she booked a hotel room in the first place.
Otherwise it pretty much followed manga, chapter 19.

StaticLord
2013-04-26, 11:42
Great ep. The true horror for Miko-chin is about to begin.

Destined_Fate
2013-04-26, 12:10
Yes, but Misaka is going top take up her badassery up and beyond the 11 soon!

DorkingtonPugsly
2013-04-26, 13:31
Yeah it was a bit slower than I expected, it didn't cover as much as I had hoped, but then again the quality's there so it's all good. And it was a good a place to end the episode anyways. But yeah I'm loving how closely this is being adapted, it's fantastic. No important details left behind!

And looks like Saten's luck only goes so far...

Shinhwa
2013-04-26, 16:30
Mikoto... prepare for zetsubou....

Cirno
2013-04-26, 21:49
http://i.imgur.com/9DVudEW.gif

Oh God Kuroko's voice when humping Mikoto's bear, classic Arai.

Shinhwa
2013-04-26, 22:08

I felt disturbed when I saw that scene lol

I was like O__o holy shit.......

touge-n00b
2013-04-26, 23:56
Wow, I'm really impressed at how they handled the scene involving Mikoto reading about the RADIO NOISE experiment. Sure it may have been a tad drawn out, but the tension was great. Too bad it was only temporary tension, for now anyway. :D

Random Wanderer
2013-04-26, 23:57
Kuroko managed to be even more disturbing than normal in this episode. I didn't know that was possible.

You relax too quickly, Mikoto. Even if the simulations proved it was a waste, didn't the previous information indicate that they still had to have grown at least one clone before they shut the project down? It sounded like it to me. And that girl created a program to educate them, and she sure thinks there's more than one of you. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Of course I can see why you'd want to.

But things are going to get so much worse than "just" having your sense of individual identity violated...

Shadrala
2013-04-27, 00:18
Wow, I'm really impressed at how they handled the scene involving Mikoto reading about the RADIO NOISE experiment. Sure it may have been a tad drawn out, but the tension was great. Too bad it was only temporary tension, for now anyway. :D

I was very much impressed by this too :3

And they managed to include the other characters (saten, uiharu, harue) in this episode, while creating a small link to Mikoto's solo scene. Oh Saten, you totally missed the fantastic realisation of our dream~! :eyespin:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-auCwDaumiLw/UXteXyIuLxI/AAAAAAAABLo/NoIS4wI7hzE/w515-h286-p-o/something+else.png

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Iaz6Q6EcDoE/UXtefoSvJFI/AAAAAAAABL8/3YKtBZD_edU/w518-h286-p-o/clothing.png

Random Wanderer
2013-04-27, 00:27
Oh yes, forgot to mention that Mikoto looks great in casualwear. She should break the rules more often.

HandofFate
2013-04-27, 01:03
You relax too quickly, Mikoto. Even if the simulations proved it was a waste, didn't the previous information indicate that they still had to have grown at least one clone before they shut the project down? It sounded like it to me.

I think she was just too optimistic about it, and I think she inferred that the whole thing was just a simulation made up by the Tree Diagram, and that it concluded it wasn't worth doing. So I guess she thought it was just simulation data.

Anyway, Mikoto shows again that she is a pure-blood rich ojou-sama. With paying in cash for almost $400 worth of clothes, and then checking into a double room at a fancy hotel just to change clothes in.

serenade_beta
2013-04-27, 01:03
So Shinobu's eyes have changed setting-wise too, not just appearance.
Hmm, when her eyes are normal, her goth-loli clothes actually make her look cute. GJ, anime!

omimon
2013-04-27, 02:01
But don't we already know what's going to happen at the end right? I mean season 1 of Index?

Marina2
2013-04-27, 02:11
But don't we already know what's going to happen at the end right? I mean season 1 of Index?

The ending doesn't matter. What make the story interesting in any fiction/story is what happened between the start and the end. You know how it ends but you don't know what lead to that ending.

The sister arc in Railgun S will tell you the details that didn't mention in Index.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 02:27
Honestly, I get the feeling those that are looking forward to seeing the Railgun version, does so gleefully... And not the good kind of glee.

Entravity
2013-04-27, 02:51
Oh gawd. Kuroko is certainly... out of control.

Enjoyable episode and I'm liking how they're pacing this. Definitely more interesting than the last season.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 02:56
If last week's pacing was a bear crawl, this week is a leopard crawl.

Shadrala
2013-04-27, 03:08
Well i personally am quite enjoying the pace (although my lack of patience while having to wait for a week for the next episode tortures me). I like how much detail they're putting into things and thus capturing the atmospheres of different scenes quite perfectly. Hopefully they'll keep this up!

Haak
2013-04-27, 05:56
Lol, Saten you can't base your life achievements on collecting money cards. :heh: (Those braids look very nice btw).

I wonder if these filler scenes are the kinda thing they're going to do to make the other girls relevant. I was hoping it would be more integrated than that but at least they're not being completely cut out.

Misaka sneaking around was pretty cool but they're really going straight into the plot aren't they? Compare to say, the Level Upper arc which had loads more build up to it, this feels like it's going at breakneck speed.

tsunade666
2013-04-27, 06:20
I'm actually worried when they are doing the insert scenes for the girls. The pace is alright but I wish they won't do the insert moe scenes when sister arc is in full blast. It will ruin the feeling of the scene.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 06:22
Misaka sneaking around was pretty cool but they're really going straight into the plot aren't they? Compare to say, the Level Upper arc which had loads more build up to it, this feels like it's going at breakneck speed.

That's because the way this arc is structured differently- the events are not as episodic and is one long event.

Peanutbutter
2013-04-27, 06:51
I hope the build up is over, and we see some action.

But Kuroko was a blast this episode. :heh:

RPG_Fanatic
2013-04-27, 07:37
I'm actually worried when they are doing the insert scenes for the girls. The pace is alright but I wish they won't do the insert moe scenes when sister arc is in full blast. It will ruin the feeling of the scene.

At this point in the story I don't mind much, even if I don't care for them. Kuroko's scene was just plain creepy for me though. I hope they will be cutting back on this when the tension and action pick up though.

The episode itself was well done, they handled the manga material very well, and really nailed the atmosphere. Judging by the preview, the pace will be picking up a bit next episode.

Tranhieu
2013-04-27, 08:50
I'm not sure why but that filler scene of Saten-tachi was a bit out of place to me. The tension was being built pretty nicely up to that point and suddenly switching to girls eating joyously around the table erased all the thrill I had. Well that part of Kuroko was quite good though.

All in all, the episode was done pretty well. Looking forward to the actions.

Kanon
2013-04-27, 10:29
At long last, we got to see Mikoto in a casual outfit. It looked really good on her. I hope Kuroko will get to see her in those clothes. I bet she'll got nuts.

Harue finding more cards than Saten was really epic :D, she has a serious rival now.

And here I thought sniffing out money was Saten's secret power. Poor girl is actually a level 0 even in that field.

Arai is awesome. So is Kuroko. Man, if she ever finds out there are clones of Mikoto walking around, I can't even imagine what her reaction will be...

By the way, what's the spoiler policy in these threads regarding Index? Railgun is not only a prequel but a spin-off, so I don't know if viewers are expected to be familiar with the events of Index.

Clarste
2013-04-27, 10:53
By the way, what's the spoiler policy in these threads regarding Index? Railgun is not only a prequel but a spin-off, so I don't know if viewers are expected to be familiar with the events of Index.

I think there's added value for being familiar with Index, but the show doesn't assume it. And therefore we don't either. So Index spoilers are still spoilers here.

...also I got a post deleted for talking about Index, so this isn't just speculation.

Kanon
2013-04-27, 11:08
Alright, thanks. I'll have to be careful then. Since the two series are so closely linked, it's easy to slip.

Sackett
2013-04-27, 12:14
I think Mikoto having been cloned was reaching "It Was His Sled" levels of penetration in the fandom.

I'm sure there must have been a handful of unspoiled Railgun fans somewhere. I wonder what they thought about the reveal this episode.

Random Wanderer
2013-04-27, 12:22
Technically it's gotten outside the fandom too, since I've never watched or read Index. Of course, I have a bad tendency to look up things on TVTropes and read every spoiler they have there, so I learned a fair bit about the Sisters arc that way, and thus I may not be the best example, but still the only series I've watched has been Railgun.

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "the fandom." Fans of the whole Index/Railgun universe, or just fans of Railgun? You don't need to answer, it's not really important.

AdmirerofSatenRuiko
2013-04-27, 12:25
It was a nice episode. Misaka was really cool, and cute at the same time in that outfit.
For me, the anime version of Railgun was always much superior to the manga (of which I only read 1st 3 volumes years after finishing the anime), and I hope they will make the Sisters Arc not as dark as in the manga. They turned Shinobu into such a lovely bishoujo, are including Saten and the others (though I hope they will get more than random moe scenes), so now they really got my hopes up.
Just can't wait to see how things will turn out!

Sumeragi
2013-04-27, 13:22
Anyone notice just how fast the onigiris were disappearing?

Random Wanderer
2013-04-27, 14:28
Anyone notice just how fast the onigiris were disappearing?

Yeah, I was thinking "Saten, Uiharu, if you two don't pay attention Haruue's going to eat them all..."

Dark Faith
2013-04-27, 19:02
Watching this show for Kuroko...and that scene with the bear gave me enough fuel to last another week.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 19:04
Watching this show for Kuroko...and that scene with the bear gave me enough fuel to last another week.

I cannot imagine what Satomi Arai's husband has to go through at night :eyespin:

pagan poor
2013-04-27, 19:12

Kuroko is awesome. But how much more over the top can she get. :heh:

Dark Faith
2013-04-27, 19:27
I cannot imagine what Satomi Arai's husband has to go through at night :eyespin:

It certainly opens up to some very interesting roleplay.

Magewolf
2013-04-27, 19:33
Arai is awesome. So is Kuroko. Man, if she ever finds out there are clones of Mikoto walking around, I can't even imagine what her reaction will be...

I think if Kuroko walked into a roomful of the Sisters she would spontaneously evolve to level 5 and develop the ability of translocation(being able to be in more then one location at a time)just so she could jump them all at once.

Miraluka
2013-04-27, 19:58
Some people might think he is one lucky guy :heh:.

FlareKnight
2013-04-27, 20:37
Kuroko managed to be even more disturbing than normal in this episode. I didn't know that was possible.

You relax too quickly, Mikoto. Even if the simulations proved it was a waste, didn't the previous information indicate that they still had to have grown at least one clone before they shut the project down? It sounded like it to me. And that girl created a program to educate them, and she sure thinks there's more than one of you. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Of course I can see why you'd want to.

But things are going to get so much worse than "just" having your sense of individual identity violated...
Yeah, this is what surprised me too. Did Mikoto forget the part she read where they did actually create at least one clone of her? The notes say they stopped the plan to mass produce her, but that doesn't mean there isn't one or two of them.

I guess she just wanted to not think about it so badly that she tricked herself. Who would want to think that one decision lead to people actually cloning them? It's a pretty disturbing concept being cloned without your permission. Heck the only other case I remember covering something like this was an episode of Star Trek :heh:. That is just a case of being violated in a very strange way.

Primary Consult
2013-04-27, 21:02
This series is continuing to exceed my expectations... The onigiri scene felt a tad long but the way they tied it in made it worthwhile. I am hoping Saten and Harue hid the cards from Uiharu though :).

I also like that they had the scientist voice reading the narration for the project - it sounded much more ominous than it otherwise would have been.

It's a pretty disturbing concept being cloned without your permission. Heck the only other case I remember covering something like this was an episode of Star Trek :heh:. That is just a case of being violated in a very strange way.

Offtopic but both Alien and Resident Evil movie series involve this subject... but yes I think Index/Railgun handles it best. The first time I watched the Sisters arc in Index it blew me away as the best story arc in anime I had ever watched (until that point). It still ranks up there for me.

Sumeragi
2013-04-27, 21:07

You seem to be expecting too much.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 21:09
You seem to be expecting too much.

Truth be told I'm not expecting anything out of 'ordinary' :nod:

GundamZZ
2013-04-27, 21:31
That Shinobu is quite abusive. Besides, her current character design has closer resemblance to Shinobu Wakamiya. Wakamiya is a weirdo, but she's not insane. That Shinbou is insane. She jump-kicks Mikoto without worrying about the consequence. Surprisingly, Mikoto just lets Shinobu doing all abusive act. If Shinobu tries the same stunt with other level 5 espers, she is probably a dead meat. However, Shinobu may have a good intention. She scatters check cards around the city, so people will take walks more often. She's promoting the healthy habit.

The next episodes' title is also strange. The Japanese title is "Imouto-dachi", but the accompanying English title is "Sisters".

Saten is another normal and interesting individuals. No wonder there was a news about her garage kit being stolen. She looks lady-like(as Sankarea), but she shows very outwardly positive attitude. It shows that she has a good parents. She's part of Mikoto's social network. She is used as device to uncover the plot. For people who only want to see action in anime, Saten's daily life talking is too redundant. Her much ado about nothing talking still has appeals.
From her, we learns those characters are just school girls. They are not some mentally distorted superpower users, as in "Darker than Black" and "Y-Men"

Shadrala
2013-04-27, 22:00
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer

Yeah, this is what surprised me too. Did Mikoto forget the part she read where they did actually create at least one clone of her? The notes say they stopped the plan to mass produce her, but that doesn't mean there isn't one or two of them.

I guess she just wanted to not think about it so badly that she tricked herself. Who would want to think that one decision lead to people actually cloning them? It's a pretty disturbing concept being cloned without your permission. Heck the only other case I remember covering something like this was an episode of Star Trek :heh:. That is just a case of being violated in a very strange way.

I think a small part of Mikoto knows that there is every chance that at least one clone of her is out there. It was alluded to in the manga in the later chapters, and in this episode of the anime, Mikoto remembers Saten telling her that morning she saw her doppleganger while reading the report. But as FlareKnight said, she doesn't want it to be true and so turns a blind eye and tries to forget the whole thing. She's not very honest with herself, right? She knows something may be wrong, but doesn't want to admit it if she can help it. Heck, anyone would, if they were faced with the idea that people were producing clones of you without your consent.

She's also naive (at this stage), idealistic, and loves Academy City. She takes pride in being a student there and feels a certain bond with the place she calls home (see season 1). Mikoto doesn't want to think that the place she loves would betray her trust in such a way.

leukrota
2013-04-27, 22:03
That Shinbou is insane. She jump-kicks Mikoto without worrying about the consequence. Surprisingly, Mikoto just lets Shinobu doing all abusive act. If Shinobu tries the same stunt with other level 5 espers, she is probably a dead meat.

Shinobu is a genius and an expert in human psychology. I think it's safe to say she kicked Mikoto knowing the latter wouldn't retaliate.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 22:08
. If Shinobu tries the same stunt with other level 5 espers, she is probably a dead meat.

Actually given their age, I think most of the Level 5s are HER seniors or at least on the same level, so she has no reason to demand respect from them :p

Goldzero
2013-04-27, 22:23
this series is pretty much better then season 1 in my opinion. i'm starting to prefer railgun over index but touma always gonna be my number 1 protagonist.

Random Wanderer
2013-04-27, 22:28
Actually given their age, I think most of the Level 5s are HER seniors or at least on the same level, so she has no reason to demand respect from them :p

"Most" isn't really relevant. Mikoto is a middle school student and whatshername is a high school student. In this case she is entirely correct about how Mikoto should address her. Most people just wouldn't resort to physical violence against someone who could electrocute them on a whim.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 22:31
"Most" isn't really relevant. Mikoto is a middle school student and whatshername is a high school student. In this case she is entirely correct about how Mikoto should address her. Most people just wouldn't resort to physical violence against someone who could electrocute them on a whim.

Erm, I was actually referring to GundamZZ's post when he said what would happen if she tried that with the other Level 5s.

Random Wanderer
2013-04-27, 22:37
Ah, I see. I thought you were responding to the post immediately prior to yours, which was speaking about Mikoto again.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-27, 22:44
Yeah I just realized how misleading it is....

MrTerrorist
2013-04-28, 09:38
Oh how naive of you Mikoto.

You thought there were no clones of you, think again!

PS:Moral of the story: Respect Sempai or she will hit you!
Saten lost the good fight for cash cards.

FlareKnight
2013-04-28, 09:44
This series is continuing to exceed my expectations... The onigiri scene felt a tad long but the way they tied it in made it worthwhile. I am hoping Saten and Harue hid the cards from Uiharu though :).

I also like that they had the scientist voice reading the narration for the project - it sounded much more ominous than it otherwise would have been.

Offtopic but both Alien and Resident Evil movie series involve this subject... but yes I think Index/Railgun handles it best. The first time I watched the Sisters arc in Index it blew me away as the best story arc in anime I had ever watched (until that point). It still ranks up there for me.I agree it was a good move to have a scientist narrating the project instead of just having it done by Mikoto. Just hits home what has been done here and allows her more to focus on being shocked and disturbed by what she is reading.

Good call on the other examples. Had forgotten about those.

rladls716
2013-04-28, 11:19
So Tokiwadai Middle School students always have to wear their school uniform even outside of school.

And then, why did she change for camouflaging at the hotel? Not where she bought the bought the clothes, should not be there are some changing rooms there?

leukrota
2013-04-28, 11:22
She needed a place to leave her Tokiwadai clothes, she couldn't just discard them could she?

Of course, there are rental lockers in AC... but she's an ojou... >_>

Tsundere Louise
2013-04-28, 11:28
The episode was really good, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

rladls716
2013-04-28, 11:49
She can just discard her uniform somewhere nearby to be hidden, is it?

being ojou matters to rental locker's in AC?

tsunade666
2013-04-28, 12:30
She can just discard her uniform somewhere nearby to be hidden, is it?

being ojou matters to rental locker's in AC?

-_- she just being an typical ojousama. Didn't use the pauper way of using rental lockers instead check in a hotel to do so.

Though to be honest it also had other meanings which is she being spotted going into the hotel and checking in. It can be used as an alibi. That's why she proceed with her uniform in and change clothes while in the hotel. (but this is just for skilled or had brains to do stealth jobs)

if you ask me, she really just check in the hotel to just change :rolleyes: :rolleyes: even if Mikoto denies it. She's still an oujosama that has a different view on how people spends their money.

Sackett
2013-04-28, 14:20
Yes, it provides an alibi... "I checked into a hotel room and stayed there for a few hours after curfew. Then I came home." And what where you doing in that hotel room onee-sama? "Ah... errr..." You didn't go there with a certain gentleman did you?

GundamZZ
2013-04-28, 14:39
The episode was really good, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

My impression of all this R&D fiasco:

Have you ever wanted to own your own copy of Railgun without too much hassle? Now, they are affordable! They are well behaved! We only offer the fine quality product. Look at that pauper collector guy who spends too much money on the food cost. You will not suffer the same fate.

Now you can!

Simply login to your account, click on the shopping cart widget icon, pick out the Misaka Mikoto of your choice, and then check out with your credit card.

It's that easy. As soon as you click the Railgun face icon, the shopping cart will instantly appear. Your Mikoto is ready to drop by your door, Infrared Goggle, AR, school uniform, stripped pantsu, and more!

Disclaimer: The limited offer is not available for people who own the limited edition or beta edition.

Random Wanderer
2013-04-28, 15:11
Yes, it provides an alibi... "I checked into a hotel room and stayed there for a few hours after curfew. Then I came home." And what where you doing in that hotel room onee-sama? "Ah... errr..." You didn't go there with a certain gentleman did you?

I was just thinking that checking into a hotel room hardly seems like an alibi that will be good for her reputation...

FlareKnight
2013-04-28, 16:54
I was just thinking that checking into a hotel room hardly seems like an alibi that will be good for her reputation...Yeah, that's kind of a last ditch alibi :heh:. Though clearly wasn't planning on using it for that purpose anyways with paying for everything in cash.

On another note, it must be a strange situation being the neighbors of Kuroko and Mikoto. You are just getting ready to go to sleep and then hear....that :heh:.

leukrota
2013-04-28, 18:12
Yeah, that's kind of a last ditch alibi :heh:. Though clearly wasn't planning on using it for that purpose anyways with paying for everything in cash.

On another note, it must be a strange situation being the neighbors of Kuroko and Mikoto. You are just getting ready to go to sleep and then hear....that :heh:.

And the sound seems to carry well, considering how the dorm manager once went to their room to shut them up. :heh:

Miraluka
2013-04-28, 19:05

Railgun anime really tries to make Mikoto look all morals and honest even if that causes some plotholes:uhoh:.

leukrota
2013-04-28, 20:00
Railgun anime really tries to make Mikoto look all morals and honest even if that causes some plotholes:uhoh:.

What plothole(s)? :confused:

Okashira
2013-04-28, 20:05
What plothole(s)? :confused:

In the original, she used the cash cards because it couldn't be traced to money in her position (which is easy to do, even not counting AC's technology).

leukrota
2013-04-28, 20:09
In the original, she used the cash cards because it couldn't be traced to money in her position (which is easy to do, even not counting AC's technology).

And here she uses normal cash, I don't see the problem.

EDIT: BTW. Considering how she probably has 2 coin purses (one for the pachinko tokens) it would be funny if she accidentally tried to pay with the "wrong denomination". :rolleyes:

Primary Consult
2013-04-28, 20:23
And here she uses normal cash, I don't see the problem.

It's not a problem, but it is a bit annoying that they had her take the moral high ground with the cash cards. Mikoto is *not* Touma - no one else in the ToAru verse is supposed to be a perfect bastion of morality and integrity. It's such a minor point though that it's not worth getting worked up over.

As for cash itself, in *theory* cash is easy to trace, depending on how detailed Academy City's records are. Ie:
1. Mikoto withdraws cash at ATM. ATM keeps track of which serial numbers she got.
2. Mikoto uses said cash at hotel.
3. Hotel deposits cash at bank, bank logs which serial numbers came from the hotel.
4. Supercomputer determines a high number of bills from transaction in step 1 are returned to the banking system in step 3. Correlating the dollar amount of the cash with the price of the rooms, the computer can guess that Mikoto rented a double for one night.

Clarste
2013-04-28, 20:26
Well, more to the point, paying with scavenged cash cards makes it more reasonable that she's not paying any attention to the cost of things.

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-28, 20:34
It's not a problem, but it is a bit annoying that they had her take the moral high ground with the cash cards. Mikoto is *not* Touma - no one else in the ToAru verse is supposed to be a perfect bastion of morality and integrity. It's such a minor point though that it's not worth getting worked up over.

Lol what? Are you serious?

Primary Consult
2013-04-28, 20:42
Lol what? Are you serious?

I'm not sure what part of my statement you're addressing with this but if you'd care to debate it, please PM me (I hate offtopic discussion in episode threads).

Chaos2Frozen
2013-04-28, 21:01
I'm not sure what part of my statement you're addressing with this but if you'd care to debate it, please PM me (I hate offtopic discussion in episode threads).

There isn't really much of a discussion, just humorous that you think that Mikoto shouldn't take 'moral high grounds' because she's not Kamijou.

Never mind that kamijou would never have the luck to find these cards, but you actually think he would be someone who wouldn't keep it? Lolz...

Dark Faith
2013-04-28, 21:03
There isn't really much of a discussion, just humorous that you think that Mikoto shouldn't take 'moral high grounds' because she's not Kamijou.

Never mind that kamijou would never have the luck to find these cards, but you actually think he would be someone who wouldn't keep it? Lolz...

He'd probably have Index spend it all on food ASAP.

Primary Consult
2013-04-28, 21:04

True, Kamijou's luck keeps him from ever being in that position in the first place... but her not keeping the cards is actually out of character even if we limit to Railgun anime - someone who kicks vending machines for free beverages isn't going to turn in cash cards.

Random Wanderer
2013-04-28, 21:06
True, Kamijou's luck keeps him from ever being in that position in the first place... but her not keeping the cards is actually out of character even if we limit to Railgun anime - someone who kicks vending machines for free beverages isn't going to turn in cash cards.

As I understand it, that vending machine owes her big time, so she's just collecting.

Sumeragi
2013-04-28, 21:56
It's not a problem, but it is a bit annoying that they had her take the moral high ground with the cash cards.

Manga: Ruiko basically didn't give Mikoto any time to refuse.
Anime: There was that space for Mikoto to respond.

Miraluka
2013-04-28, 22:14
Manga: Ruiko basically didn't give Mikoto any time to refuse.
Anime: There was that space for Mikoto to respond.
Still plothole.

He'd probably have Index spend it all on food ASAP.
He would buy all the noodles he could and stuff them in the fridge.

As I understand it, that vending machine owes her big time, so she's just collecting.

Those who reject luck will meet an ill fate.

kagato3
2013-04-28, 22:15

A side story made it known that it ate a 10000 yen bill which makes her laughing at Toma's loss of a 4000 yen bill a bit ironic.

As for useing a Hotel to change given the rules of her school she is less likely to be reported to her schoolsince hotel workers are less likely to know about the strict dress policy then say a near by shop.

Clarste
2013-04-28, 22:35
As for useing a Hotel to change given the rules of her school she is less likely to be reported to her schoolsince hotel workers are less likely to know about the strict dress policy then say a near by shop.

Even if the hotel did know the policy, she can just skip the lobby and not be seen by the clerk. Unlike a dressing room which is more likely to have someone nearby paying attention.

leukrota
2013-04-28, 23:41
Still plothole.

"You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means." :heh:

whitecloud
2013-04-29, 00:10
Where did they say that, about mikoto lost 10000 yen bill? I remember but I forget where?

Shadrala
2013-04-29, 00:43
Where did they say that, about mikoto lost 10000 yen bill? I remember but I forget where?

In railgun manga, chapter 32:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YJcGAeugwog/UX4ITrHKZ7I/AAAAAAAABMU/VZ2_IpljgGE/w405-h428-p-o/manga32.png

Marcus H.
2013-04-29, 03:11
I agree it was a good move to have a scientist narrating the project instead of just having it done by Mikoto. Just hits home what has been done here and allows her more to focus on being shocked and disturbed by what she is reading.

The scientist sounds too much like John Titor. :eek:

Shadrala
2013-04-29, 05:10
Oh... I just noticed...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CXzM1KEO37Q/UX5FfV5eM2I/AAAAAAAABM8/BZySqw9lp38/w477-h269/132.png

Kuroko's eyes are starry~! Could this actually be... HER doing?! :eyespin: A certain someone perhaps living their desires through Kuroko... :heh:

On a more serious note, I think that scene was more about giving Kill bear screentime rather than Kuroko :P :rolleyes:

rladls716
2013-04-29, 05:39
I remembered how Touma's fantasy of Tokiwadai ojou-samas are like shojo mangas until in this episode shows Kuroko is sniffing souds of snork might make Touma believe Tokiwadai ojou-samas are all like that.

Reckoner
2013-05-01, 03:29
See this episode was great other than that extended filler scene they interjected in the middle to give Saten more screen time that was hardly relevant to anything else in this episode (As well as more Kuroko fantasizing). It's not really Saten the character that annoys me, but how they use her to disrupt the pace and flow of the overall story.

Haak
2013-05-01, 07:36
It's not like that scene was Saten centric you know. They basically put in as much effort to make sure all the girls got some screentime.

Random Wanderer
2013-05-01, 10:58
See this episode was great other than that extended filler scene they interjected in the middle to give Saten more screen time that was hardly relevant to anything else in this episode (As well as more Kuroko fantasizing). It's not really Saten the character that annoys me, but how they use her to disrupt the pace and flow of the overall story.

It was used to explain to those of us who don't read the manga and didn't watch Index just why Mikoto and Kuroko always wear their uniforms, and provided a natural transition into Mikoto heading into the facility in streetclothes. It was a perfectly functional scene. It also gave the other characters a certain relevance, presumably because they will have some presence in this version of the story, even though I'm told they didn't in the manga.

zaeraal
2013-05-01, 13:25
I don't get the haters either.
After watching the episode with subs, I understood that the "drama" was most important part of this episode, but that was only in the second half.
The first half with Shinobu and Mikoto's shopping trip didn't had any "drama", so it's not like they interrupted something important.
And not just that, they even fit nicely to the overall setup.

Anyway, here is the Cast list (like I did for previous episodes (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=4643852#post4643852))

Misaka Mikoto (御坂 美琴) - Rina Satou (佐藤 利奈)
Shirai Kuroko (白井 黒子) - Satomi Arai (新井 里美)
Uiharu Kazari (初春 飾利) - Aki Toyosaki (豊崎 愛生)
Saten Ruiko (佐天 涙子) - Kanae Itō (伊藤 かな恵)
Haruue Erii (春上 衿衣) - Hanazawa Kana (花澤 香菜)
Nunotaba Shinobu (布束 砥信) - Hayama Ikumi (葉山 いくみ)
Misaka Sister (ミサカ 妹) - Sasaki Nozomi (ささき のぞみ)
narration (ナレーション) - Aoyama Yutaka (青山 穰)
schoolgirl (女子生徒) - Tanaka Manami (田中 真奈美)
schoolgirl (女子生徒) - Fujii Yukiyo (藤井 ゆきよ)
schoolgirl (女子生徒) - Fujita Mami (藤田 麻美)
schoolgirl (女子生徒) - Hirata Mana (平田 真菜)
schoolboy (男子生徒) - Ishikawa Kaito (石川 界人)
schoolboy (男子生徒) - Yanagida Jun'ichi (柳田 淳一)
schoolgirl (女子生徒) - Miyake Marie (三宅 麻理恵)
teacher (教師) - Haruo Yamagishi (山岸 治雄)
security guard (ガードマン) - Matsumoto Shinobu (松本 忍)
security guard (ガードマン) - Shiga Madoka (志賀 麻登佳)
*Kanamin (カナミン) - Iguchi Yuka (井口 裕香)
*that Magical Girl Kanamin from TV

Destined_Fate
2013-05-01, 15:12
Things are about to get so much worse for Mikoto...

On the bright side, I loved that girls Engrish.

chaos_animagic
2013-05-02, 02:57
I only noticed now... this season's series is actually a giant "flash back" or "prequel".

Thought it was a Sequel, LOL. (no wonder I don't see Touma much in this season compared to previous season)
Cause they haven't met up yet...

Chaos2Frozen
2013-05-02, 04:05
...its a sequel of the last Railgun season.