PDA

View Full Version : Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

monir
2013-05-10, 23:16
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season Two), Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain), or seek out a more appropriate thread.
Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
Be polite to your fellow forum members.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy

Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy) for more information.
Adding a Spoiler tag:

spoiler.gif
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a useful title!
Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:

report.gif
Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
locate and deal with problems quickly.
Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-11, 12:30
Saori is such a low-key character, she deserves some love. Me x Saori.

Great episode so far. Noticing a lot of subtle body languages and eye movements that speak volumes greater than just the dialogues. Also a big fan of papa bear. Also much love for Mikigami. Ayase's insanity is also hella smexy.

relentlessflame
2013-05-11, 13:10
This episode basically resolves everything set-up in the previous episode. Although people thought Kyousuke was safe having not run into Ayase during his fake-date, evidence has a way to surface in the least-convenient ways, and so Ayase took him in for "questioning". All this basically confirmed what everyone already thought -- that it was unlikely that Kirino had a boyfriend. But then, right at the least convenient moment (or most convenient for her), Kirino announced that she did in fact have a boyfriend.

The remainder of the episode is essentially Kyousuke trying to work out his feelings, with the result being that (basically) he doesn't want any guy to go out with Kirino, and that any guy that wants to go out with her has to go through him first, and prove that he cherishes her more than Kyousuke does (which, by his estimation, is a pretty damn high bar to set). Suffice it to say, the act crumbles as Kirino admits that it was all an act to get back at him, and confesses (without saying) that she feels the same way about him. And the two siblings are closer than ever.

But then, as this show is wont to do, they end the episode on another cliffhanger:

Kuroneko asks Kyousuke out.

Densetsuhakai
2013-05-11, 13:10
Nice episode.Though the same scene in the Novel had more impact on me, it was a great episode.But the previous episode was better.Probably my second favourite episode so of S2 far.^^

GDB
2013-05-11, 13:16
Great episode so far. Noticing a lot of subtle body languages and eye movements that speak volumes greater than just the dialogues. Also a big fan of papa bear. Also much love for Mikigami. Ayase's insanity is also hella smexy.

By eye movements, do you mean how Mikagami's eyes were not level at all, and made him look like he had a severe case of bell's palsy and wandering eye? Such a thing normally doesn't bother me, except this time since it seemed to only affect him and no other character.

finalfury
2013-05-11, 13:20
The ending was good. Kuroneko confession(yay!) was good and the Kirino Kyousuke interactions were nicely done, with the bgm fitting in very well.

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-11, 13:20
By eye movements, do you mean how Mikagami's eyes were not level at all, and made him look like he had a severe case of bell's palsy and wandering eye? Such a thing normally doesn't bother me, except this time since it seemed to only affect him and no other character.

I meant Kirino giving a scorching side-glance to Kyousuke+Kuroneko in the middle of her conversation with Mikigami. There were a number of other moments like that where the eyes were telling much more than the dialogue.

relentlessflame
2013-05-11, 13:34
I meant Kirino giving a scorching side-glance to Kyousuke+Kuroneko in the middle of her conversation with Mikigami. There were a number of other moments like that where the eyes were telling much more than the dialogue.
I tend to agree with you that this is something that this season is doing very well. If you just watch the eyes of the characters, you get a very clear read on what they're thinking. This applies particularly to Kirino (who some find hard to read), but also to the other characters as well.

Mystic_Vegetto
2013-05-11, 13:39
I tend to agree with you that this is something that this season is doing very well. If you just watch the eyes of the characters, you get a very clear read on what they're thinking. This applies particularly to Kirino (who some find hard to read), but also to the other characters as well.

Agreed. Don't forget the scene where the mother is watching them in the background too. Not just the eyes but also in the way the character's expressions seem to tell a different story compared to what they say.

Entravity
2013-05-11, 13:45
Feels more and more like last season which is great for me at least. That Kuroneko ending :)

EroKing
2013-05-11, 14:06
Why does Ayase have handcuffs? :heh:
Nice to see the best girl stealing the show at the end, go Kuroneko!

GDB
2013-05-11, 14:22

I know, I was just being sarcastic due to how badly Mikagami's face/eyes were animated in this episode.

Why does Ayase have handcuffs?

In case a stalker breaks in and demands that she handcuffs him, of course!

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-11, 14:22
Why does Ayase have handcuffs? :heh:
Nice to see the best girl stealing the show at the end, go Kuroneko!

I love Ayase. You can tell she's into kinky handcuff bondage play.

I know, I was just being sarcastic due to how badly Mikagami's face/eyes were animated in this episode.

In case a stalker breaks in and demands that she handcuffs him, of course!

I didn't notice his face/eyes.

Micromancer
2013-05-11, 14:50
1) can't stop smiling after seeing the cut-off. . . great job !

2) that handcuff session , wished more yandere were shown on that one D:

3)

isn't kyousuke supposed to have a more serious conversation with his dad ?

GundamZZ
2013-05-11, 15:05
1) can't stop smiling after seeing the cut-off. . . great job !

2) that handcuff session , wished more yandere were shown on that one D:

3)

isn't kyousuke supposed to have a more serious conversation with his dad ?

Isn't it only last week's preview?

http://i39.tinypic.com/a0l2ja.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/30t3vyu.jpg

Five hours later...

http://i39.tinypic.com/rh7fy0.jpg

Solafighter
2013-05-11, 15:06
These Ayase and Kyousuke scenes are as always brilliant. :D

Is it only me or does Misaki Mikagami look like a girl? Had to laugh at almost every frame there.

I'm not to sure, what Kyousuke will be, wheter he will accept or reject the confession. He pulled something big off with his sister and her fake boyfriend. If he would accept the confession, he would be a real scumbag, since he doesn't want her sister to get a boyfriend, but on the other hand, he can go out with wohmever he wants? I guess in the current state, Kirino wouldn't like to see Kyousuke with another girl(and certainly not with the plain one).

If I would be Kyousuke at this point, my head would be full of Kirino.

Divini
2013-05-11, 15:44
Every girl got their kawaii moment this ep!

Ayase asking Kyousuke to her house, Saori with her hair down, Kirino crying, Kuroneko at the end.

So much cuteness. Only plain girl got left out. :p

viperdk1
2013-05-11, 15:53
These Ayase and Kyousuke scenes are as always brilliant. :D

Is it only me or does Misaki Mikagami look like a girl? Had to laugh at almost every frame there.

I'm not to sure, what Kyousuke will be, wheter he will accept or reject the confession. He pulled something big off with his sister and her fake boyfriend. If he would accept the confession, he would be a real scumbag, since he doesn't want her sister to get a boyfriend, but on the other hand, he can go out with wohmever he wants? I guess in the current state, Kirino wouldn't like to see Kyousuke with another girl(and certainly not with the plain one).

If I would be Kyousuke at this point, my head would be full of Kirino.

Really? Like hell he would. Only Kyousuke's Dad ever said he flat out rejected it (being drunk admittedly).

The point Kyousuke made was that whilst he was unhappy about it, he would be willing to accept it so long as Mikagami proved himself to be a capable boyfriend and be able to keep Kirino safe. It smacked to me of something his Dad would be saying rather than him.

Essentially, he is looking out for his younger family member. The bond Kirino and Kyousuke share, to me, is familial, nothing more - and I can guarantee that no matter how many fights and whatnot you get into with an older or younger sibling, anyone does harm to them (emotionally or physically) and you'll be the first one on that guy's doorstep ready to kick that person to the curb and moreso. Kyousuke did, after all, say that it was Kirino's decision.

Just like it would be Kyousuke's decision to go out with Ruri.

sarofski
2013-05-11, 15:54
Is Kyousuke for real?!!!! Can anyone be this weak?!!!!!!!
Can you really find any boy who gets insulted by his damn irritating sister over and over without any proper reaction ?!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really fed up with all this crap ....

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-11, 15:56
Can you really find any boy who gets insulted by his damn irritating sister over and over without any proper reaction ?!!!!!!!!!!

He's M and she's S. Nuff sed.

sarofski
2013-05-11, 16:13
He's M and she's S. Nuff sed.

I agree that she's S, But He is not M!!! Why do think he's M?!!!!

Solafighter
2013-05-11, 16:32
Really? Like hell he would. Only Kyousuke's Dad ever said he flat out rejected it (being drunk admittedly).

The point Kyousuke made was that whilst he was unhappy about it, he would be willing to accept it so long as Mikagami proved himself to be a capable boyfriend and be able to keep Kirino safe. It smacked to me of something his Dad would be saying rather than him.

Essentially, he is looking out for his younger family member. The bond Kirino and Kyousuke share, to me, is familial, nothing more - and I can guarantee that no matter how many fights and whatnot you get into with an older or younger sibling, anyone does harm to them (emotionally or physically) and you'll be the first one on that guy's doorstep ready to kick that person to the curb and moreso. Kyousuke did, after all, say that it was Kirino's decision.

True. From a familial-relationship basis, he of course did the right thing to protect his little sister.

I was actually more analysing this situation as a simple love relationship, instead as a familial connection between brother and sister. :rolleyes:
Why I did that? No clue. ;)

Kanon
2013-05-11, 16:35
If Kyousuke accepts to go out with Kuroneko, then he hasn't understood anything Kirino tried to teach him this week. However, if he doesn't accept solely because of Kirino, then it's even worse since it means he's letting his little sister dictate how he should live. Neither of them have the right to forbid the other from doing what they want. They're free to make their own choices. Kyousuke is more or less in the clear since I believe he would have eventually accepted Kirino's boyfriend. He was worried for his little sister, which is natural. Kirino's feelings, on the other hand, are far more complex and dangerous. She can't stand the mere fact Kyousuke gets along with other girls. If Kuroneko becomes Kyousuke's girlfriend, I'm expecting her to give a whole new meaning to the word "bitch".

Yeah, it's seriously infuriating. He's letting his little sister walk all over him. BE A MAN FFS! And here I thought he was getting better recently. He's still just as pathetic as he always was when it comes to Kirino.

relentlessflame
2013-05-11, 16:46

Well, but what about the reason that Kirino set up the whole situation in the first place? Why did she say she was so vexed when she saw him flirting with other girls (including Kuroneko), and that she doesn't like it either? If it was really all about "respecting each other's decisions" (and making sure the other party is "worthy"), then the whole thing sort of doesn't make any sense, does it? Why wouldn't Kirino's choice be worthy (and Kyousuke clearly said that he wasn't)? Kyousuke clearly laid out that he was a good catch in every visible sense...

Soverence
2013-05-11, 16:57
Yeah, it's seriously infuriating. He's letting his little sister walk all over him. BE A MAN FFS! And here I thought he was getting better recently. He's still just as pathetic as he always was when it comes to Kirino.

I really didn't think he let her walk over him all that much this episode, at the party he didn't really put up with any of her shit. At the kitchen table I honestly felt like he deserved to get smacked, if that had actually been her boyfriend and he was acting like that I see no reason why he wouldn't get smacked.

Anyway, this episode was a small part funny (Ayase) and a whole lot drama (Kirino, Ruri, Saori). I liked it just because all the characters seem to finally be in motion and interacting with each other, at the start of the season each episode felt like a one character show.

I honestly wonder how he can answer Ruri, she asked him literally a day after the whole Kirino fake boyfriend thing happened so I feel like either answer is going to be a lose-lose in the long run for him.

Reckoner
2013-05-11, 17:26
Not much to say about the actual content of this episode. Kirino is just as much of a brocon as Kyousuke is a siscon, that much has been explicitly confirmed I guess. My only hope is that now they put their "feelings" out in the open like that, that they won't suddenly backpedal their relationship again. They have pussyfooted enough here.

Now is it me or is the pacing kind of jacked in the latest episodes? It feels like suddenly a lot of events are transpiring one after the other, to the point that things feels a bit disjointed.

Kanon
2013-05-11, 17:31
I really didn't think he let her walk over him all that much this episode, at the party he didn't really put up with any of her shit. At the kitchen table I honestly felt like he deserved to get smacked, if that had actually been her boyfriend and he was acting like that I see no reason why he wouldn't get smacked.

The very fact he got slapped and obeyed her when she told him to get out is a problem. He was at fault but it's not like he actually acknowledged that at the time. He should have thought back. And then there's the end of the episode where she throws a cake in his face and lashes out at him and all he does is defend himself like a little girl. I'm not saying he should have beat her up, but he could have at least grabbed her by the wrists and tell her to cut the bullshit. You know, like a proper older brother. My little sister never raised her hand against me because I never gave her the opportunity, and let me tell you she was quite a bitch when she was Kirino's age. He should have never ever let her treat him that way in the first place. He's lucky she's a brocon or she would have made his life hell.

Newprimus
2013-05-11, 17:36

If he was a "man" and just struck back at his little sister, all it does it drive the two farther apart. It might even send Kirino down a road nearing something like a delinquent's.

Is this how you solve your personal problems? Just smack da bitch who's talking back to me and show them who's the man? Sounds real mature and intelligent, man.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-11, 17:44
Partly because deep down he KNOWS that this is his fault. A guild complex drived him to do that.
I agree that she's S, But He is not M!!! Why do think he's M?!!!!
Just wait for the next week and you will scream how much an M he is =))
The very fact he got slapped and obeyed her when she told him to get out is a problem. He was at fault but it's not like he actually acknowledged that at the time. He should have thought back. And then there's the end of the episode where she throws a cake in his face and lashes out at him and all he does is defend himself like a little girl. I'm not saying he should have beat her up, but he could have at least grabbed her by the wrists and tell her to cut the bullshit. You know, like a proper older brother. My little sister never raised her hand against me because I never gave her the opportunity, and let me tell you she was quite a bitch when she was Kirino's age. He should have never ever let her treat him that way in the first place. He's lucky she's a brocon or she would have made his life hell.
You said it, he was at fault. He knews that he was throwing a tandrum, he knew that what he did is pathetic. So he get out to cool down.
If he was a "man" and just struck back at his little sister, all it does it drive the two farther apart. It might even send Kirino down a road nearing something like a delinquent's.

Is this how you solve your personal problems? Just smack da bitch who's talking back to me and show them who's the man? Sounds real mature and intelligent, man.It has been a while since i saw such sarcasm

DXMichael
2013-05-11, 17:45
Oh God, this is getting rather annoying now. It's always Kyousukes fault in the end and Kirino is her usual bitchy self.

Honestly, Kirino is annoyed that Kyosuke is paying attention to other women, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend, and yet he's the one getting slapped and get's the blame. This anime sometimes, seriously, I don't care if in the end everything turned out for the best and that it as all just a plan, i'd rather have seen Kyousuke at least stand up for himself even a little instead of being made the bad guy here. He deserved some of what he got, yes, but all of it? No.

Yes yes maybe i'm being a little harsh or overreacting but seriously, this episode really made me annoyed that he keeps being made the bad guy.

Shinji103
2013-05-11, 17:50
Yes yes maybe i'm being a little harsh or overreacting but seriously, this episode really made me annoyed that he keeps being made the bad guy.I don't think you're overreacting. Kirino can be a serious stuck-up b*tch sometimes and it's a real detractor for her, and unfortunately this isn't the first anime where the lead female blamed and slapped around the MC for everything including what's not his fault. :( At least when Ayase high kicks Kyousuke, he asked for it in some way of joking sexual harassment.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-11, 17:57
Oh God, this is getting rather annoying now. It's always Kyousukes fault in the end and Kirino is her usual bitchy self.

Honestly, Kirino is annoyed that Kyosuke is paying attention to other women, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend, and yet he's the one getting slapped and get's the blame. This anime sometimes, seriously, I don't care if in the end everything turned out for the best and that it as all just a plan, i'd rather have seen Kyousuke at least stand up for himself even a little instead of being made the bad guy here. He deserved some of what he got, yes, but all of it? No.

Yes yes maybe i'm being a little harsh or overreacting but seriously, this episode really made me annoyed that he keeps being made the bad guy.

While you do have a point, I also have to point out that 'annoyed that someone is paying attention to other men, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend' is exactly what Kyousuke have done too :heh: And since he is man, getting slapped is within expectation :heh:

finalfury
2013-05-11, 18:03

First rule of romcom anime: The guy is always the one to be blamed.
A sad truth indeed.:heh:
Compare Kirino to the clingy, possessive girlfriend trying to stop her boyfriend from having other female relationships and voila Kirino and Kyousuke feel like a parody of that imo.
I only give them points because they feel so similar and its freaking hilarious to see that.

ion475
2013-05-11, 18:07
Well well...

1. Kuroneko confession...already know that part, so not much comment
1a. Although, the LN version of the confession is a lot better anyway
2. Between Kyousuke being a siscon and Kirino being an obvious brocon, what can I say...clearly Kirino use Mikigami b/c she's pissed off at Kyousuke x Kuroneko
3. ラブリーマイエンジェルあやせたん...still hoping for an Ayase end (Just so I can take Kuroneko)
3a. On a side note, with Kyousuke getting more and more Kimoi by day, maybe Ayase should have just Nice Boat him this episode
4. Poor Saori, having to deal with Kuroneko and Kirino, not to mention having no chance of a Saori end...
5. Still laughing at all the complaint about Kirino being a b**** and how Kyousuke just let people slapped him around. Seriously, Kyousuke is a M, I don't even know why people keep complaining every single episode

DXMichael
2013-05-11, 18:07
While you do have a point, I also have to point out that 'annoyed that someone is paying attention to other men, ruins the little party they had planned, faked a boyfriend' is exactly what Kyousuke have done too :heh: And since he is man, getting slapped is within expectation :heh:

To be fair though, he did that with no intention of provoking Kirino. He and Kuroneko have had something between them whilst Kirino was away and were slowly building it up. I'm sure he did not once think that Kirino would be upset that he was showing affection towards Kuroneko instead of her, afterall, it's only natural that the big brother worries about the little sister and who they go out with, rather than the other way around :p

The party was technically ruined by Kirino, they were all ready then out of nowhere, boom, the fake boyfriend announcement. Kyousuke didn't do anything until Kuroneko had actually left.

joshuafaramir
2013-05-11, 20:11
I guess guys who'd smack their little sisters for being bitchy or mean don't have REAL little sisters. I have one and if she'd smack me, well shit... take it like a man. She's your LITTLE SISTER and you're the OLDER BROTHER. Maybe talk some sense into her but violence is always the last refuge of the incompetent.

Anyhow, great episode. Drama drama drama... seems like the story is finally moving on. As always, AYASE for the win! I'd love to uhh... well, she's probably gonna be real wild in err... handcuffs and all that.

Ruri's climbing up my ladder fast. Taking over the 2nd spot from PLAIN GIRL-SAN. Ayase still numero uno.

relentlessflame
2013-05-11, 20:14
To be fair though, he did that with no intention of provoking Kirino. He and Kuroneko have had something between them whilst Kirino was away and were slowly building it up. I'm sure he did not once think that Kirino would be upset that he was showing affection towards Kuroneko instead of her, afterall, it's only natural that the big brother worries about the little sister and who they go out with, rather than the other way around :p
Yeah, but I think this double-standard is sort of at issue...

Kyousuke is flirting with Kuroneko and Manami, and it's as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's none of Kirino's concern.

But suddenly Kirino insinuates that she has a boyfriend, and he's all up in her business, despite claiming it's her choice. Not to mention his horrible attitude towards the guy she ostensibly chose.

So it's like Kirino is supposed to consider Kyousuke's feelings, but he considers himself exempt from considering her feelings about who he spends his time with. Is it just because he's the older sibling and a boy, and she's the younger sibling and a girl?

The message that Kirino was sending at the end was that she feels the same way as Kyousuke does, and that is the point that Kyousuke totally wasn't understanding until the end. So in the end, I sort of do think he was at least partly responsible for the fight, even though the methods Kirino chose to make her point caused problems.

Phantom
2013-05-11, 20:35
I guess guys who'd smack their little sisters for being bitchy or mean don't have REAL little sisters. I have one and if she'd smack me, well shit... take it like a man. She's your LITTLE SISTER and you're the OLDER BROTHER. Maybe talk some sense into her but violence is always the last refuge of the incompetent.

Anyhow, great episode. Drama drama drama... seems like the story is finally moving on. As always, AYASE for the win! I'd love to uhh... well, she's probably gonna be real wild in err... handcuffs and all that.

Ruri's climbing up my ladder fast. Taking over the 2nd spot from PLAIN GIRL-SAN. Ayase still numero uno.

Aaaaaaaaaaannd, you have my respect.

blitz1/2
2013-05-11, 21:39

Well, I can take it like a "man", grab her wrists and then slap her back. When it comes to sisters like that, they need to show respect at times, but violence can be so enjoyable...

takai
2013-05-11, 22:06
I have a strange feeling that things are going to get dicey from here on. I'm starting to get more and more nervous each episode, because it's coming to the point where I start to not know what's going to happen.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-11, 22:10

Kyousuke is flirting with Kuroneko and Manami, and it's as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's none of Kirino's concern.

But suddenly Kirino insinuates that she has a boyfriend, and he's all up in her business, despite claiming it's her choice. Not to mention his horrible attitude towards the guy she ostensibly chose.

So it's like Kirino is supposed to consider Kyousuke's feelings, but he considers himself exempt from considering her feelings about who he spends his time with. Is it just because he's the older sibling and a boy, and she's the younger sibling and a girl?

The message that Kirino was sending at the end was that she feels the same way as Kyousuke does, and that is the point that Kyousuke totally wasn't understanding until the end. So in the end, I sort of do think he was at least partly responsible for the fight, even though the methods Kirino chose to make her point caused problems.
To be fair, in his opinions, he care for her - not vice versa, she hates him, always hate him. Thus their situation is not exactly the same. Of course, because we knew that didnt mean he does too. He still dont understand Kirino at this point.

DXMichael
2013-05-11, 22:16

Pretty much yes, because he's the older sibling and she's the younger the sibling. It's pretty much like I said, it's only natural that the big brother worries about the little sister and who they go out with, rather than the other way around. That of course wasn't the case, but could the anime have made Kyousuke look to be the bad guy any more? I easily agree, the things he did do, he got what he deserved. The things Kirino did, she gets away with it, making Kyousuke the bad guy and graudally increasing my frustration that Kyousuke didn't stand up for himself, obviously i'm not talking about "hitting" her back as some people keep bringing up, but a good speaking too would have been nice and justified. And brothers and sisters do get good speaking too's from one another when they are annoyed/angry before anyone decides that talking down to a family member isn't what a brother would do, because they do, trust me, I know from experience.

But sure, when you put it way you did, I can accept that. As long as some people can understand that Kyousuke isn't fully at fault here and that Kirino shares the blame for the outcome of the events that unfolded whereas the anime makes it look like it's all Kyousuke, then I can at least sleep a happy man today.

zero7090
2013-05-11, 22:25

i dont know what kind of liberal country you are from but in East Asia culture. It is rude for member of the lower place in the family to talk back to their superior, let alone slapping. Also i believe even in the english culture there is a saying "Spare a rod, spoil the child? When kid even dare to waste their food they get caned in their asses. Kirino action is already on bitch level and unacceptable and deserve punishment.

GDB
2013-05-11, 22:28
Also i believe even in the english culture there is a saying "Spare a rod, spoil the child? When kid even dare to waste their food they get caned in their asses.

In the 40s and 50s, maybe. Nowadays, if you so much as hint at even spanking your child there will be a line forming of people who want to brand you as a child abuser.

frubam
2013-05-11, 22:32
Ruri and Kirino both love Kyosuke very much, but the big difference is that Ruri is honest with her feelings =03. It’s been long enough, and all that Kyo has done for her, Kiri still treats him like shit. And Kyo…I just don’t understand him. Your sister treats you like garbage, yet you continue to love her unconditionally. That’s what an older brother SHOULD do, right? But even so, there’s a boundary that shows you that she doesn’t appreciate your actions. Key word is show. When someone doesn’t show you that they are appreciated, you leave them alone until they do. Ruri always straightforwardly shows her appreciation, and that’s why she’s a more favored character for me.

The whole concept of Kyo getting ‘jealous’ of Kirino having a boyfriend was undoubtedly creepy to me; and creepy is very seldom a word I use to describe such things. I hope now the story can start to focus a bit more on Kyoruri(and the game club) over Kiri.

eiyuu99
2013-05-11, 22:34
Kyouske has to handle a tsuntsun sister and did many things for her, including claiming himself a siscon to save her relationship with another person, it showed he is concerned for her wellbeing (which include protecting his middle school sister from potential predators).

I don't recall seeing her helping him in any degree so yes, there is a double standard.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-11, 22:38
i dont know what kind of liberal country you are from but in East Asia culture. It is rude for member of the lower place in the family to talk back to their superior, let alone slapping. Also i believe even in the english culture there is a saying "Spare a rod, spoil the child? When kid even dare to waste their food they get caned in their asses. Kirino action is already on bitch level and unacceptable and deserve punishment.

As someone live is East Asia for his entire life, i can tell you that : yes, it's rude to talk back to their superior. However, lower place usually mean childrent agaist parent, It's less so between sibling. Also, the same standard said that the older sibling is responsible to take care of their younger one, which Kyousuke failed for the last 3 years. He didnt correct her sooner, what right does he have now?

relentlessflame
2013-05-11, 22:42
In the end, I think Kyousuke is already winning the battle with Kirino little by little, so I don't think he really needs to change his strategy. Sure, they have fights, and Kirino doesn't always play fair, but just think of how much closer they are at the end of this episode compared to where they started this whole story. What they need to do is finally be able to understand each other, and he's not going to make her understand forcefully. So I think Kyousuke's strategy, painful though it may be to watch from his point of view, is paying off. And I think we do see glimpses from Kirino's point of view (and we saw one this episode) where his behaviour is no less of a mystery to her than hers is to him. If it weren't for her being willing to show her feelings, even if a roundabout way, they'd still be in the middle of the "cold war" they were to start with. As much as it may not seem that way, she has warmed up a lot (going from basically ignoring someone's existence, to actively pulling a major stunt to get someone's attention and affection).

I'm not saying this justifies her behaviour, but I think the big problem is mostly that some people have less patience than Kyousuke does, and less of a desire to make things work than he has.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-11, 23:08
And I think we do see glimpses from Kirino's point of view (and we saw one this episode) where his behaviour is no less of a mystery to her than hers is to him. If it weren't for her being willing to show her feelings, even if a roundabout way, they'd still be in the middle of the "cold war" they were to start with. As much as it may not seem that way, she has warmed up a lot (going from basically ignoring someone's existence, to actively pulling a major stunt to get someone's attention and affection).

I'm not sure about it. Kyousuke always strike me as a straight forward type, his action rarely have any special meaning. Why does she think of that as a mystery?

relentlessflame
2013-05-11, 23:29
I'm not sure about it. Kyousuke always strike me as a straight forward type, his action rarely have any special meaning. Why does she think of that as a mystery?
Well, she certainly doesn't have all the insight we do into Kyousuke's inner thoughts and actions; it sure would be interesting to spend an episode seeing everything from her perspective. Plus, as someone who tends to lace her actions with double-meanings, perhaps she's just mistrustful and always seeing hidden meanings that aren't there? And, beyond that, there's also the issue of where they started before Episode 1. I think somehow in the back of her mind there's still this message telling her "he really doesn't love me". Think of her comments on the stairs back in Episode 5.

For whatever reason, I just don't think she can believe in the sincerity/straightforwardness of his actions, or she keeps seeing things that appear to contradict it.

But then again, I'm not even sure that it's so clear to all of us in the audience what exactly Kyousuke wants from his relationship with Kirino either, even having the benefit of many of his thoughts. I don't even know if he fully knows. His "siscon" waters are a bit difficult to chart.

Yye1
2013-05-11, 23:30
Shiro-neko, my soul was not ready

finalfury
2013-05-11, 23:40
Well, she certainly doesn't have all the insight we do into Kyousuke's inner thoughts and actions; it sure would be interesting to spend an episode seeing everything from her perspective. Plus, as someone who tends to lace her actions with double-meanings, perhaps she's just mistrustful and always seeing hidden meanings that aren't there? And, beyond that, there's also the issue of where they started before Episode 1. I think somehow in the back of her mind there's still this message telling her "he really doesn't love me". Think of her comments on the stairs back in Episode 5.
I think its more along the lines of "if he hated me once, he will hate me again".
In better terms, I think she is afraid of losing him again, which is why she doesn't want to fully open up to him(hence the tsun tsun) if he's going to hypothetically leave her for another girl. I find it hilarious that they are so similar to each other yet they don't understand each other. I guess the quote "The one most closest to you is the one most mysterious to you." summarizes the two of them well.:heh:
Off topic, but I do find it amazing that two similar characters(Kuroneko and Kirino) ended up being the considered the "Savior" and "Desecrator" respectively of the series, outside of Japan at the very least. :/

Nochgo
2013-05-11, 23:41
When Kyousuke's dad got drunk and went on a rampage, I imagined Gendou doing the same thing. I was rolling on floor laughing my arse off. Thing are progressing lightning fast as usual, but shironeko was totally worth it.

taichi-kun
2013-05-11, 23:43
Uhhhh It must be hard to see your middle school sister with a boyfriend(even worse if he has your age).Thank god I'll never experience that.

so, all this mess because kiririn was jealous?

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-11, 23:47

For whatever reason, I just don't think she can believe in the sincerity/straightforwardness of his actions, or she keeps seeing things that appear to contradict it.

But then again, I'm not even sure that it's so clear to all of us in the audience what exactly Kyousuke wants from his relationship with Kirino either, even having the benefit of many of his thoughts. I don't even know if he fully knows. His "siscon" waters are a bit difficult to chart.

The LN has chapters where the narration is entirely from Kirino's perspective. Same with chapters for other characters as well. I.M.O. if the anime was done like that too, there would be less rage over viewers misunderstanding various characters' motivations and thought processes. It's why I love all the characters. When you get to spend some time in all of their shoes, you really learn to appreciate all of them.

relentlessflame
2013-05-12, 00:06
so, all this mess because kiririn was jealous?
Well, and he rejected her in a particularly cold way after their "fake date", and sort of implied that he didn't care who she dated. She gets aggravated by who she sees him spend time with, and she thinks he should feel the same way if he really loves her.

jasonhan416
2013-05-12, 01:25
Light Novel comparison:
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/27/volume7chapter2.png
^ Volume 7 - Chapter 2
http://imageshack.us/a/img18/4639/volume7chapter3.png
^ Volume 7 - Chapter 4 1st pic
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/4851/volume7chapter4.png
^Volume 7 - Chapter 4 2nd pic

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-12, 01:29
By the way, anyone have any idea what does Kirino mean when she said 'It's too late'? The whole incident is still savagable, so what did she talking about?

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-12, 01:43
By the way, anyone have any idea what does Kirino mean when she said 'It's too late'? The whole incident is still savagable, so what did she talking about?

As in he should've told her his real feelings sooner. That way they could've avoided this whole charade.

MeoTwister5
2013-05-12, 02:41
It is theoretically impossible to say no to a confession like that.

Especially with a HanaKana voice. Especially with a HanaKana voice.

FlareKnight
2013-05-12, 02:42
This was one busy episode. As to the sibling situation, can't say I'd put up with the same level of crap that Kyousuke does. Sometimes you just have to find a proper distance. While you love your sibling, sometimes you just can't be around them without risking going insane. But of course I'm not living in an anime, so what do I know :heh:?

Some good moments for a variety of girls. Though the shot at the end from Kuroneko was pretty good. Finally just outright said what she needed to say here. Sometimes just have to go all out with the direct approach.

Reek of Blood
2013-05-12, 03:49
The idea of using violence on a fictional female character when she deserves it never really crossed my mind . . . until I watched this episode.

Dunno why

Reckoner
2013-05-12, 04:02

I don't like Kirino and I don't like this show, but I respectfully disagree. Kyousuke is the biggest enigma of the entire show. You never know what he's really thinking. He could be in love with sister, or he may just dot on her unhealthily. He's often upset for reasons he himself cannot decipher and then is spurred into action by random impulses.

The only thing I am pretty clear on about Kyousuke is that he genuinely cares about his relationship with Kirino. However, how he ultimately views that relationship is extremely vague. It's uncertain how he really sees their relationship since he always lies about hating his sister. One of the most telling scenes was last episode when he explained in his fake boyfriend persona all of Kirino's attractive qualities (That wasn't fake praise). The problem is if Kyousuke sees Kirino as more than just a sister. How he handles Kuroneko's confession could go many ways and that's the scary part about all of this. Kyousuke's intentions in this show are quite elusive, and for me quite aggravating.

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-12, 04:20
I don't like Kirino and I don't like this show, but I respectfully disagree. Kyousuke is the biggest enigma of the entire show. You never know what he's really thinking. He could be in love with sister, or he may just dot on her unhealthily. He's often upset for reasons he himself cannot decipher and then is spurred into action by random impulses.

The only thing I am pretty clear on about Kyousuke is that he genuinely cares about his relationship with Kirino. However, how he ultimately views that relationship is extremely vague. It's uncertain how he really sees their relationship since he always lies about hating his sister. One of the most telling scenes was last episode when he explained in his fake boyfriend persona all of Kirino's attractive qualities (That wasn't fake praise). The problem is if Kyousuke sees Kirino as more than just a sister. How he handles Kuroneko's confession could go many ways and that's the scary part about all of this. Kyousuke's intentions in this show are quite elusive, and for me quite aggravating.

Lol his intentions are elusive to himself as well. It's not that you are having trouble grasping him. It's that he doesn't grasp himself either.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-12, 04:33
The idea of using violence on a fictional female character when she deserves it never really crossed my mind . . . until I watched this episode.

Dunno why
How about a round of Baka to test and see if you want to hit a yandere :heh:

You misunderstood me. What i meant to say is, usually (not always) he meant exactly what he said. No special, hidden meaning or whatever.

NoemiChan
2013-05-12, 05:54
Ok.... episode 6 gives me ideas that this a "harem".....

ApathyEcstasy
2013-05-12, 06:18
How about a round of Baka to test and see if you want to hit a yandere :heh:

You misunderstood me. What i meant to say is, usually (not always) he meant exactly what he said. No special, hidden meaning or whatever.

I never thought I'd be crazy for yandere girls (no pun intended), but if ayase counts as yandere, then I guess I'm hooked.

kentasaiba
2013-05-12, 09:02
I missed the
"Kyousuke: There is something behind her back! It's a knife! She is a Yandere, it have to be knife!"
line

taichi-kun
2013-05-12, 09:49
Well, and he rejected her in a particularly cold way after their "fake date", and sort of implied that he didn't care who she dated. She gets aggravated by who she sees him spend time with, and she thinks he should feel the same way if he really loves her.

yeah that too :heh:

Honestly I don't understand kirino and kyousuke feelings anymore.Just go to a love hotel and cut the bullshit(?)

That scene with saori was a bit disjointed :confused:

Kanon
2013-05-12, 09:57

Is this how you solve your personal problems? Just smack da bitch who's talking back to me and show them who's the man? Sounds real mature and intelligent, man.

I never suggested he should hit her. Is that your idea of what being a man is? Strange values you have. Read the post right above yours. There are plenty of ways to solve that kind of problem, letting yourself get hit and insulted is not one of them. It just makes things worse. There's this wonderful thing we call TALKING that could help mend things. They need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk. Kirino needs to be taught she can't treat her older brother that way. Would you seriously let your sister act like Kirino does toward you?

At the end of the day, I'd say they just need to stop acting tsunderes and be more honest with their feelings. That would resolve a lot of misunderstandings.

RegalStar
2013-05-12, 11:02
I never suggested he should hit her. Is that your idea of what being a man is? Strange values you have. Read the post right above yours. There are plenty of ways to solve that kind of problem, letting yourself get hit and insulted is not one of them. It just makes things worse. There's this wonderful thing we call TALKING that could help mend things. They need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk. Kirino needs to be taught she can't treat her older brother that way. Would you seriously let your sister act like Kirino does toward you?

At the end of the day, I'd say they just need to stop acting tsunderes and be more honest with their feelings. That would resolve a lot of misunderstandings.

You don't get a good heart to heart talk when both parties are still clearly incensed for one reason or another. You get one by backing down and calming down a little until you can speak rationally again. Otherwise you'll get an argument, not a heart to heart talk.

Jan-Poo
2013-05-12, 11:30
I never really liked Kyousuke that much but in this episode he really set a new low for me.

I've seen a lot of people here put themselves in his place and take his defense, but why don't you try to put yourself in the boyfriend place?

Try to picture the situation. You are invited by your cute girlfriend to her house to meet her family. You are amiably talking to her mother and all goes well. Then... your girlfriend's brother enter the scene and the first thing he has to say is: "Dude that's my seat."

No, seriously... seriously?! And that's just the beginning, because he then keeps acting like a total douche. Honestly now, what would you do, if you were in that situation?

I'd want to punch the guy, and really hard. So how can you say that Kirino shouldn't have slapped him? He deserved that.

At least Kyousuke later redeems himself a bit recognizing that he's been a true asshole, but he still acted like a total siscon anyway and I certainly wouldn't like that.
Again try to picture your girlfriend's brother telling you that you need to have his approval before you can date his sister.

That being said it's not like Kirino acted much better than he, but at least she didn't bully Kuroneko like kyousuke did with mikagami.

I just feel very sorry for Kuroneko now, it's already obvious that it will never work out due to Kyousuke being a total siscon.

Reckoner
2013-05-12, 11:37

I didn't really misunderstand you. His declarations to everybody about disliking his sister, etc. What he says is not necessarily true, and he often has trouble being honest.

Marina2
2013-05-12, 12:52
Kyousuke is an idiot.....

He could just call Ayase and tell her about Kirino will go out with a man. Ayase will easily end this problem for him.

kentasaiba
2013-05-12, 12:59
Ayase kills Mikagami and goes to prison
Kirinos next boyfriend - who will solve the next one?

Marina2
2013-05-12, 13:24

Kyousuke tell a new boyfriend about what happen to Kirino's old boyfriend and tell him that Ayase just broke out from a prison after he told her (when he went to visit her at a prison) that Kirino has new boyfriend again :D

GundamZZ
2013-05-12, 19:08
The talk about an anime called "Little Witch". I wonder what he's talking about. I only heard about a gal game company called Little Witch.

GDB
2013-05-12, 19:09
The talk about an anime called "Little Witch". I wonder what he's talking about. I only heard about a gal game company called Little Witch.

Sally the Witch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_the_Witch) is what he's talking about, I believe.

Leo_Otaku
2013-05-12, 19:13

I knew girl who would hit and punch when she got angry at you and she was 19 at the time. I was so embarrassed to be near her. Anytime I did something she didn't like I would get a swift kick in public. I had to tell her to use her words, like how you are taught in kindergarten. Shows signs of mental and social immaturity.

My brother would not take this kind of shit that Kirino is taking out on Kyousuke. It starts to become really unbelievable at times.

ion475
2013-05-12, 20:26

Ayase will just kill both Mikagami and Kirino. Problem solved...:p

Soverence
2013-05-12, 20:43
Ayase will just kill both Mikagami and Kirino. Problem solved...:p

I think Ayase would kill Mikagami and then lock Kirino in her basement with handcuffs, lots and lots of handcuffs :heh:

ingandeul
2013-05-12, 21:40
I am on the KuronekoxKyousuke boat, hardcore. They better not sink it.

Student no.0
2013-05-12, 21:51

I honestly never thought of it that way before. Thanks for pointing that out. I may want to read so the LN in the future to get more of an idea on what's running through his head now that you mention.

Anyway this episode was pretty watchable for me, and I'm pretty anxious to see what Kyousuke's response will be. I might have an idea on how it may turn out, but the outcome kinda makes me a bit nervous even though KyousukexRuri sounds pretty nice (no love for Saori sadly ;-;).

Yye1
2013-05-12, 22:32
Light Novel comparison:
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/27/volume7chapter2.png
^ Volume 7 - Chapter 2
http://imageshack.us/a/img18/4639/volume7chapter3.png
^ Volume 7 - Chapter 4 1st pic
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/4851/volume7chapter4.png
^Volume 7 - Chapter 4 2nd pic

Thats really similar...ayase is godly

Kyuu
2013-05-12, 23:54
When talking with Kuroneko right in front of the house -- Kyousuke shoulda hugged her. :)

aldw
2013-05-13, 00:23
I swear the otaku reaction to this episode puzzles me, especially since if anything it show the strange but strong chemistry between Kyousuke and Ayase as well as Kirino showing some actual sympathetic moments.

GundamZZ
2013-05-13, 01:02
I swear the otaku reaction to this episode puzzles me, especially since if anything it show the strange but strong chemistry between Kyousuke and Ayase as well as Kirino showing some actual sympathetic moments.

Well, they have the different interpretation. Ayase is Kyousuke's potential girlfriend, even she hates him now. Besides, she's good looking. I'm sure if Kyousuke's childhood friend has a major makeover, she will win their support. It's called differential moe. Ayase's hyper-reaction reminds people about Shuffle's Kanede, except her object of "desire" is Kirino. She has the twist sense of friendship, although she's not into yuri(as Kanako suggested). It's quite funny.

sky black swordman
2013-05-13, 03:14
Well, they have the different interpretation. Ayase is Kyousuke's potential girlfriend, even she hates him now. Besides, she's good looking. I'm sure if Kyousuke's childhood friend has a major makeover, she will win their support. It's called differential moe. Ayase's hyper-reaction reminds people about Shuffle's Kanede, except her object of "desire" is Kirino. She has the twist sense of friendship, although she's not into yuri(as Kanako suggested). It's quite funny.

Hmm, but didn't she seem happy (in ep 2) when she believed or though that Kirino wanted them to become lovers ?
Despite what she said she may be slightly open to idea.:heh:

risingstar3110
2013-05-13, 04:59
I take this episode quite different from what you guys do, and thought both Kirino and Kyousuke acts were really fit on their personality and relationship status, especially consider how they both have complex feelings on each other.

Firstly i believe it's an older brother's PRIVILEGE to clean after his sister trouble/problem, AND got her to acknowledge that fact. In that sense, Kyousuke scored a brilliant victory over her sister this episode, by being mature, even begging down for forgiveness, but strike back right through Kirino's defensive shell, forcing her bottled-up emotions to break out. Actually it was a draw, because during that process he also throw away his feeling. But then it was Kirino's lost as in the end she acknowledged her fault and want to reorganise that party

The whole boyfriend thing was of her to get him jealous. Deep down Kirino wants him to throw the tantrum, to feel helpless with the same frustration she has whenever she saw him with Kuroneko. It was a slightly failure at first, because unlike Kirino, Kyousuke can act like a asshole, barging straight in to claim what is his (the seat next to Kirino). Which is probably what he got smack in the first place. Not simply because he is rude, but because he attempted to show Kirino that he is still in control over her

But then later he changed his approach, inspired from his father, and claim Kirino by stating no guy's love can match his siscon passion (well not exactly word-to-word like that, but the idea was there). That probably break Kirino stubbornness and we get the ending

NoemiChan
2013-05-13, 05:12
Hmm, but didn't she seem happy (in ep 2) when she believed or though that Kirino wanted them to become lovers ?
Despite what she said she may be slightly open to idea.:heh:

Maybe, but I think she was just felt fluttered that her bestfriend loves her to that point. I think she'll not take that seriously....

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-13, 05:41
The whole boyfriend thing was of her to get him jealous. Deep down Kirino wants him to throw the tantrum, to feel helpless with the same frustration she has whenever she saw him with Kuroneko. It was a slightly failure at first, because unlike Kirino, Kyousuke can act like a asshole, barging straight in to claim what is his (the seat next to Kirino). Which is probably what he got smack in the first place. Not simply because he is rude, but because he attempted to show Kirino that he is still in control over her

But then later he changed his approach, inspired from his father, and claim Kirino by stating no guy's love can match his siscon passion (well not exactly word-to-word like that, but the idea was there). That probably break Kirino stubbornness and we get the ending

I think it has gone horrible right at first. She wanted Kyousuke to throw a tantrum? He did! A big one, in fact.
However, I think she failed in one major object : Show Kyousuke that she doesnt like it when he spent time with other girls. This is the whole reason she did it in the first place, and she didnt say it out. Which mean Kyousuke didnt know WHY this happened, meaning he might keep spending time with other girls, thus the circle continues......

risingstar3110
2013-05-13, 09:19
I think it has gone horrible right at first. She wanted Kyousuke to throw a tantrum? He did! A big one, in fact.
I thought that at first also. But based on her fierce reaction (slap him, and the sulk until when he comes to apologise), it seems that getting him to only throw tantrum may not be what she deep down really want.

What she really want however , was your second point, she want Kyousuke to feel how she doesn't like Kyousuke flirting with other girls by putting him in her position(which was so close until Kyousuke dumbed with 'what the others have anything to do with it). As you stated, she failed, the cycle repeat. But then she got a heartful confession from him (that talk about how he cherish her more than anyone else), so that was enough for her to admit defeat, confess her scheme and promise to make up the party

Kyousuke meanwhile align all those wanting, and frustration into 'a brother responsibility' (thank to the drunk father) and halt their confrontation to another day

-Sho-
2013-05-13, 11:40
Thanks god i'm not a siscon , doesn't want to be a part of this "event"

Anyway , is it me or they are pushing too much Ayase's yandere this season ? She's quite cute & creepy at the same times (funny too)

Damn they are teasing us with Kuroneko , i bet they'll look for something to keep teasing us & doing the siscon thing over & over.

Ow and Manami is left apart.

GVN.Chaos
2013-05-13, 17:13
Thanks god i'm not a siscon , doesn't want to be a part of this "event"

Anyway , is it me or they are pushing too much Ayase's yandere this season ? She's quite cute & creepy at the same times (funny too)

Damn they are teasing us with Kuroneko , i bet they'll look for something to keep teasing us & doing the siscon thing over & over.

Ow and Manami is left apart.

Nope, it is only you. Ayase REALLY is described like that in LN :heh:

NoemiChan
2013-05-13, 17:37
Damn they are teasing us with Kuroneko

I was shocked of Kuroneko's fast change of character from.... gothic to angel....

Vsin
2013-05-13, 19:30
I was shocked of Kuroneko's fast change of character from.... gothic to angel....
I dunno, Ruri has gone through a LOT since she was first introduced. If nothing else, you could credit the webisodes for the transition, even though a ton of it was in S1 as well.

NoemiChan
2013-05-13, 19:41
I dunno, Ruri has gone through a LOT since she was first introduced. If nothing else, you could credit the webisodes for the transition, even though a ton of it was in S1 as well.

Hmm.. she always act shy around Kyousuke ( pretty obvious why).. I missed the Kirino bashing Kuroneko.

SeanJD
2013-05-14, 21:53
Episode 6 was really something else. It did clear a few things that Mikagami-kun was only pretending to be her boyfriend. I could not believe when they were having a Summer Comiket celebration that Kirino was so proud of having a fake boyfriend during the time being and acted, excuse for my language, she was being a total bitch right at that moment. I think anyone would have been pissed off because of that she had to take it that far. I was glad Saori tried to cheer him up using her other persona that I seen in episode 3 of the season. Of all the times, I would have never have imagined Kirino could have been very stubborn and told Kyousuke to get out after introducing her fake boyfriend to her mother as well. I will tell you that their father is very, very scary whether he is sober or drunk. I thought he was going to kill her boyfriend just by looking at his enraged face. I had a feeling that Kyousuke was not going to give up Kirino to some person that he had barely even knew.

I was glad the situation resolved itself and that the experiment had ended and things were back to normal, for now. It took a lot of courage for Kuroneko to ask Kyousuke to go on a date with her and I was really in for a surprise. I feel bad that I did not even catch up the story in the novels about this but it is the only way I would ever find out about what happened in the season. I really love this series and I love discussing about this with others in the anime community.

Marcus H.
2013-05-15, 03:21
I could never understand how Kirino's mind works.
If she could be just direct in what she wants to get, her relationship with Kyousuke might have been much better. Right now, her approach is similar to a Rube Goldberg machine — a multitude of tedious things that a person needs to go through just to reach her heart. That announcement in the middle of the after-party was downright tactless, and if she doesn't like Ruri acting all touchy-feely with Kyousuke (which doesn't really happen), she should try to be less indirect towards Kyousuke.

Fortunately, it seems that Kyousuke has managed to win her over.

By the way, is it me or the only person who sees Kyousuke in the same attitude he has when playing eroge (which I assume is his true side) is Ayase?

NoemiChan
2013-05-15, 07:05
I could never understand how Kirino's mind works

All I think that Kirino loves Kyousuke. She knows it but she has to accept that facts.
Anyway.. that is revealed in how she loves imouto theme games etc... Pretty symbolical....

And another thing... what happen with the posts after my previous post?:heh:

relentlessflame
2013-05-16, 02:00
And another thing... what happen with the posts after my previous post?:heh:
They were speculating about what was going to happen in future episodes (based on the novels), so yeah... better for spoiler & speculation instead.

type-R!
2013-05-16, 04:19
In overall I would say they did a good job with the whole Mikagami incident. Even for the casual fan it shouldn't be difficult to see one of the things that is troubling Kirino.
By the way, everytime both siblings have had their reconciling talks, it would have been totally natural if they hugged each other at the end. I feel like this would bring them more close than a simple pat in the head would. Kinda feels like there's some sort of last resort barrier preventing them from doing so (Kuroneko's curse? lol)

Flying Dagger
2013-05-16, 17:08
Watched this right after ep5. As an Ayase fanboi seeing her in the OP sequence already got me excited. The scene of her handcuffing someone (we know it can be none other than kyousuke) right before the red string of fate portion can be quite symbolic :). Also liked the part in the OP where she traces her index finger along the hanfcuffs.

The final bullet in the OP comes from a shadow of the handcuffs around the heart in the title screen.

There are also some more Kirino hints dropped in the episode, ie: in her dialogue she mentioned how "he will never cheat on me... unlike a certain somebody" (I see this as a response to Kyou and Ruri getting closer together).

Got to say, the romantic tension is shifting to high gears in these two episodes.

I am not a big fan of Kuroneko, but the end credits being written over her face during the end confession scene is distracting.

I am willing to give this ep 8.5/10. I guess I will round it up to a 9.

cero_86
2013-05-17, 00:11
Older brother here, pretty clear there was no romantic feelings at all in kyoskes little confession this ep. I don't go and blurt it like that haha, but you can see my apprehension, and over protectiveness whenever any of my little sisters start dating.
Kirino on the other hand, pretty clear she has feelings for him.
It is going to be hell for me if I have any girls, and they get into their teens and start dating....

kitten320
2013-06-24, 15:27
WTF? This episode was one massive frustration. If you two love each other so much then just finally take incest rote and be done with it!

It is one thing to be worried and another to be a complete jealous asshole!

Crassa
2013-07-06, 10:40
Damn, wanted to say this since last seasons True Route, and guessing this is the best episode and thread.. Kuroneko is awesommeeeee and soooooooo well designed aka cute lol

shironeko8
2013-07-07, 08:34
Damn, wanted to say this since last seasons True Route, and guessing this is the best episode and thread.. Kuroneko is awesommeeeee and soooooooo well designed aka cute lol

^AMEN. although my most favorite episode has got to be 7, purely kuroneko spotlight and uber moeness! :3