PDA

View Full Version : High School DxD - FanFiction Discussion

anime fan99
2014-01-16, 23:29
Welcome to the High School DxD FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for High School DxD fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14) and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=rules) still apply:

No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
Be polite to your fellow forum members
Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun :)

anime fan99
2014-01-17, 23:54
Welcome everyone i get a Demon King Daimao and High School DxD Crossover challenge

This is a preliminary version of the challenge any Suggestions and Grammar advice are Welcome:D

Akuto Sai During a battle pulled into the world of High School DxD at First Akuto Finds himself in a world without magic and believed himself escaped from his fate as the Demon King until he meet Rias Gremory

Requirement

1- Pairing / Akuto &Rias /Harem

2- no Issei Hyodo

3- Akuto being Killed and geting turned in to a Devil or not is a choice

allfictions
2014-02-09, 21:33
So I had this idea for a while now and I finally managed to put it down in a written form, but I wanted to have some feedback on the premise and/or the text itself.

So I thought about a crossover with Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Does anyone know about it? If yes, then you should know that there aren't many crossovers with Umineko. Also most of the time, people prefer Higurashi over Umineko for some reason. And most fanfics set in Umineko stick to the events on Rokkenjima. I wanted to go about that a different way. Mostly, I wanted to make my story Anti-Mystery.

To those of you not familiar with the universe, here is a nice explanation by the writer of the novels (http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/TIPS/Anti-Mystery_vs._Anti-Fantasy). But TL;DR, there are two ways to see things: from an Anti-Fantasy perspective, and from an Anti-Mystery perspective. It's basically Logic versus Magic. Anti-Fantasy is for people who believes that everything (in this case, the murders) is done by human hands, and that witches are no way involved, and the fantastic elements are a product of a human character's imagination. Anti-Mystery is for those who favor the idea that everything is done by witches and magic.

So when I say I want my story to be Anti-Mystery, I mean that every supernatural elements, witches, demons, magic, etc, is actually real. That means a lot, notably the appearance of a new powerful class, the Witches, who range from equal to gods to just under Ophis/Great Red. It also adds a new supernatural domain, Purgatorio, and introduce the idea of human furnitures, basically the equivalent of the Devils' Peerages. I'm interested to see what exactly it would change within the DxD universe.

Enough babbling, for now, snippet.

Highschool DxD/Umineko crossover

Kakera #56146745

Is it wrong to hope making the new transfer student one’s girlfriend?

The question might seem a little out of the blue. Bear with me a bit, this Ushiromiya Battler shall explain.

(Strange, the kinds of things that one's mind would focus on when you were trying to avoid an unpleasant subject…)

I wanted to make friends with cute girls. I wanted to meet beautiful women from all over Japan, or even beyond. That’s the specific reason why I enrolled into Kuoh Academy three years ago. Having recently turned co-ed, it is expected that the ratio of girls would be superior to the ratio of boys, thus exponentially the chances for a high school romance. And I was right, just for the third-year students the ratio of girls and boys are 8 to 2!

But isn't it in teenager's nature to have such obviously immature thoughts? Is it wrong to look for a friend, correction, a girlfriend in the new transfer student?

As the class representative, I was tasked with helping out this beautiful foreign girl who transferred a month into the first semester. I did my job earnestly, expected nothing in return. One thing led to another, and one afternoon we stayed after class so I could help her with the homework, she invited me to walk her back home.

And I was enough of an idiot to be drawn in by the vague possibility of a love confession.

We walked into the local park as the sun was setting, but, instead of my confession, what I got is a girl saying that magic was real and pretended to be a witch. And like an exclamation mark on the end of a very creepy evening, she also revealed she knew a lot of details about my personal life.

As any sane person would, I got massively creeped out and ran out of the park without looking back.

But still, it was a nice, pleasant day. It was spring, the temperature had been good and warm. Though it was chilly now that night had fallen, there was no worry about freezing to death. A perfect day for a nice, late night stroll, and that was exactly what I was doing, while thinking about how I would convince the teacher of relieving me of my duty.

It’s tempting to think the walk back would be uneventful, right?

But sorry, that was a different walk back. This walk back was something other than uneventful.

So, was it wrong of me to hope making the new transfer student my girlfriend?

Conclusion.

I was wrong.

Whooooooooooom!

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaah?!"

Something just grazed me!! I almost lost my head there!!

Anyway, as a result of having such wicked and obviously immature thoughts, right now, I am this close to getting killed. To be more precise, I was being chased by…someone. Or rather, something, because that…

“Ketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketak etaketaketaketa……”

…horrible laugh is clearly not human.

It’s completely dark now, a world of darkness, mostly because the street lights in this town are dimmed and traffic is prohibited during the late hours of the evening. Normally this part of the neighborhood was completely quiet during the night, like the buildings themselves were resting. But tonight, sounds disrupted the otherwise silent atmosphere. Shoes pounding against the asphalt beneath them; breaths, quick and shallow.

That’s me, running along one main street on one side, and a concrete wall lined with the street taller than me on the other, only lit up now and then by the dimmed street lights above me.

And behind me is…it. I can feel chills all over my body, I can feel its presence nearby, and its intent to kill me becoming much stronger.

I didn’t get a clear view of what exactly was that, but I'd seen fur, scales, claws, and teeth, especially teeth. They were all long, pointy, sharp, covered in saliva, covered in the blood from their latest victim I surprised them gnawing through.

And getting closer.

I look upwards as I run, seeing nothing but the top of the wall and the dark sky above. I took every turn I could, running in a zigzag along the city streets that were arranged like a Go board, but never once did it lose me. Oh, it was delayed, for ten seconds at best, but always managed to catch up to me, sometimes running on the street, sometimes jumping from roof to roof.

I would try to scream for help, but I have no more oxygen to spare in a shout. Besides, who could help me? I would only get innocent people involved, giving it more food by the same occasion. And trying to forcefully enter a building or a house would probably slow me down long enough for it to catch me.

No, I needed to lose it for good, or at least find a place to hide until tomorrow morning. No way in hell I’m putting grandpa and grandma’s lives in danger.

So I frantically kept going, knowing he was doomed, his body mere seconds from shutting down, but he kept struggling to survive, not willing to lose even a seconds worth of life.

Useless, it’s all useless.

I have already run further than I ever had before in my life, and under other circumstances, I would have simply slowed to a walk, trying to get my second wind. But I keep up the pace, pushing myself through the pain in my legs and my ribs, forcing my body far past its former limits. Let’s be honest, I’m terrified that faltering, or even letting up a little, will be seen as a sign of weakness from the predator, and be like throwing a steak into a pool of hungry piranha. It is one thing for a borderline sadist gym teacher to yell at you if you slow down; the prospect of being eaten alive is a much better motivator to force yourself forward. I’m not even sure if it would be dangerous to ease off, but I have no intention of finding out the truth the hard way.

I can't outrun it like this! I have no more speed to draw forth, and I am not religious enough to believe in miracles dropping from the sky; thus, I can only conclude I will be caught at this rate. I offer a short glance backwards, but a not too distant howl from behind me makes me turn my head forward and just hardens my resolve even more as I dig deeper, finding reserves I didn't know I had. I push myself harder, refusing to accept my old limits, because my life depends on it.

However, I am starting to rasp, my throat raw as I gasp for breath, my muscles demanding more oxygen than my lungs could deliver. Trying to keep from noticing the slight ache that is also forming in my legs, I take a few moments to observe my surroundings.

Hm? Wait a minute, this seems familiar.

And truly, after running for a while, I finally gain a hint as to where I am.

More exactly, I recognize the building ahead.

That’s the way to school!

There’s my chance. The school should be closed at this hour but I may be able to lose it on the familiar school grounds. The environment will be at my advantage, and already I can think of several ways to reach safe hiding places.

I thought I'd given everything that I could, but I find reserves I'd never tapped before, breaking into a dead run, moving like it was a hundred yard dash, towards the school entrance, my blood running cold when I hear an inhuman roaring behind me.

I focus on my trajectory, the several meter path to the school entrance appearing clearly in my head.

I am going to reach it.

I can reach it.

I’ll reach it no matter what! It doesn’t matter where the beast comes from! I’ll evade it, and take a sharp turn to the left and gain more distance by zigzagging through the bicycle parking area. Either way, I’ll end this here!

The moment my foot take a first step inside the courtyard, I am quasi certain of my victory.

I stop thinking about my pursuer altogether. This is why I reach the idea of ending this before it could reach me.

An understandable mistake.

When the beast jumps directly in front of me, I frantically try to stop, but my inertia carries me towards it, increasing the force of the impact when it drives a fist into my chest.

“…Ah.”

Time stops.

Ksh.

An odd sound.

Barely able to suppress a scream when I feel my ribs crack, the air driven out of me violently, I remains in the air for several seconds who pass like an eternity beforemy backstrikes the dirt of the schoolyard.

Blood rise from my organs and spew from my mouth as I turn my head to the side and vomit the rancid, dark red liquid, some of it splashing on my uniform.

Heavy footsteps.

I gasp pathetically as I lay on my back, feeling helpless as the body of a gigantic beast looms over me.

From what I can see, it’s at least more than 5 meters tall. A grotesque being out of the most surreal nightmares, an unnatural form having a woman’s upper body and the lower body of a monster, four fat legs with sharp claws and the tail of a snake. A creature reminiscent to a mythological Centaur, really, though it seems much more similar to a Sphinx.

“I can smell something disgusting. But I can also smell something delicious. Is it sweet? Or is it sour?”

It (she?) has a low voice, so low one might confuse it for a man’s voice. It (she?) says those words while licking its/her lips in hungry anticipation.

That's the end. There's no doubt about it. This is my fate for being obsessed with stupid filthy delusions. I am an idiot. A fool for looking for a fateful encounter. The dream of not making any effort, but quickly finding a pretty girl, was just that, a dream.

Ah, I want to return. I want to return to earlier that day—when I should have known better, but my eyes were sparkling and I accompanied her to the local park—and knock my old self out.

But it is not possible anymore—not from a logical point of view.

Oh, that’s right. Logic left this world a while ago. Silly me. Anything can happen.

“…Hey, give it a rest, will you?’’

Including someone saving me at the last moment.

Immediately after the voice coming from the darkness speaks those words, the liminal woman standing over me suddenly have sphere of water covering her head. I presume it’s water, unless the beast can make bubbles out of thin air. The scene is so surreal, but then again it has been a ridiculous day, I’m no longer fazed by anything anymore.

The ball-shaped water emerging ex nihilo slowly steals away the monster’s ability to breathe. Its huge body tried to stand up on its four staggering legs, but the water seems to have its own consciousness, always covering the head. Water whips coming from the darkness attack the monster from every direction, and mercilessly pin it on the ground, its watery helmet still drowning it slowly.

‘‘Seriously, what is she doing? Letting that Stray Devil come all the way here…’’

As I gasp, desperately trying to catch my breath, struggling to keep conscious, my heart thundering in my ears, I struggle to lift up my head to see where the voice comes from.

A silhouette comes out of the darkness of the school yard. As the feminine voice made me guess, it is a girl, a student of Kuoh Academy as revealed by her uniform. It’s still too dark to make out her face, though I have the vague impression of knowing that voice.

I manage to raise the upper half of my body to get a better view.

“…Who…are…?”

I try to speak but instead cough up a clump of blood from deep in my throat.

“Don’t force yourself, you would only worsen your wounds. Still, I’m surprised you managed to make it this far against her, most would have been eaten by now.”

The girl continues to walk towards my position in front of the school entrance, and, again, I really think I recognize the voice, but I can’t manage to put a name on it. Damn it.

She suddenly stops walking, and I can see the dark shape of her head turn to look behind me.

“You sure took your time, everything is finished already. I had to clean up after you and a human got involved.”

A new voice comes from behind me. Another girl.

“Sorry, Souna. The orders from the Arch Duke clearly specified that the Stray Devil named Vaizor lured humans to an unused building to feed on them. I didn’t expect her to hunt her prey around town, and we lost a lot of precious time trying to track her.”

Souna…?

“It’s fine,” sighs the first voice. “However, I’m only in charge during day-time. If I didn’t have some paperworks to take care of, I wouldn’t have been here to save him.”

I can see the figure nonchalantly point in my direction.

“Hm? Ara ara, doesn’t he seem familiar to you, Buchou?"

I hear yet another girl's voice that doesn't belong to the second. Just how many people…

Huh?

My first savior finally steps out of the darkness of the school yard, and appears in the pale moonlight…

Are you serious!?

I’m so shocked my mouth keeps opening and closing wordlessly.

Before me stands a beautiful and slender female student, black hair styled in a short bob cut, quite the beauty, that is, if you exclude the cold and strict atmosphere around her. Her strict violet eyes have an interrogating look behind a pair of red glasses as she looks down on me from above.

Kuou Academy’s Student Council President, Shitori Souna.

W-what?

“Now that you mention it, I didn’t pay much attention to it before, but isn’t he your classmate, Rias?’’

Rias!? Don’t tell me…!?

“Come to think of it, that ridiculous hairstyle does look a lot like…’’

The second voice is now extremely close, directly above me. I raise my head.

Red. A sea of red, of crimson. Or rather, a sea of red hair. And floating on it is a beautiful, light skinned face assorted with blue-green eye expressing curiosity.

And smiling at me.

Yup, Rias Gremory, Kuoh Academy's number one beauty, one of the Two Great Ladies of the school, rumored Scandinavian, is smiling at me, Ushiromiya Battler. Oh, and she’s my classmate as well. Meeting her at school tomorrow sure is gonna be awkward.

And Gremory-san being here means I can safely guess which the third girl is.

“Who is it, Buchou?’’

Another voice!? And a guy’s voice at that. Just how many people are here, and how come did I not hear them?

“That’s Kinirowashi Sento, our classmate,’’ answers, not Gremory-san, but the third, now identified voice.

As she says my false name, Himejima Akeno, second of the Two Great Ladies of Kuoh Academy (therefore number two beauty of the school), places herself besides Gremory-san, her long, black ponytail swaying behind her as she does so. Accompanying her are three other people, as I expected, more spectators to my pathetic form. A handsome boy who seems younger than me, with short blonde hair and grey eyes (another foreigner?), a white-haired petite girl (is she in middle school?), and a non-descriptive, plain guy of average height with short brown hair, who seem as confused as me about the whole situation.

Or maybe that’s just his default expression.

Together with Shitori Souna, they form a ring from above me, staring down where I lay. I look up to them, too tired and stunned to say anything, which is probably for the best as I don’t know what exactly I should say.

The average dude speaks up.

“Er, Buchou, what do we do with him?’’

Not the same voice, so it wasn’t him who spoke earlier, that must have been the bishounen.
Gremory-san doesn’t answer him, instead she talks to me.

“Kinirowashi-kun, I’m sure you have a lot of questions, don’t you?’’

I become aware I can’t breathe properly. Is it pain? Or is some part of my respiratory tract damaged? Although uninformed, I tried my best to make a small voice despite my breathing difficulties.

“W-who…or what are…you?’’

“What are we?’’

She grimaces, as if she just ate something sour. Some part of my mind realizes she might have been offended by my use of what instead of who. Another part seriously do not care and just want to go home already: Grandpa and grandma must be worried sick.

A third part of my mind, however, is extremely aware that the pain is numbing everything; it is a different numbness from earlier: it is larger, messier, and more absolute.

Not…good.

Rias Gremory glances around, looking at the others. Some silencious message seem to be exchanged, and some give a slight nod. She sighs, and focus back on me.

“I will tell what we are. You deserve that much. In actuality, we all are…’’

“W-wait Buchou, isn’t he bleeding more than before!?’’

FLAP!

Just as I realize that, effectively, a large amount of blood is staining my white dress shirt, at that moment, wings sprout from the backs of everyone around me. Bat-like wings.

Vampires? Are you kidding me?

It is, I perceive, the last sound I hear.

My consciousness leaves me after that.

So, is it wrong to hope making a girlfriend with little effort?

Re-conclusion.

I am still wrong.
-
So what did you think? Anyway, that's just a sort of prologue, it doesn't show much, I intend to write the real first chapter so that you can see exactly where I'm going with this. Anyway, the main character is obviously Battler, lovable breast lover, master debater and detective, and it happens during the 6-year void while he was away from his family. I intend to make them appear eventually, and more and more Uminekocharacters if the fic continue long enough. It is also known that he changed his family name for his mother's during while he was away and living at his grandparents' house.

For now, it's Battler, his grandparents, and the transfer student (you know who it is already).

There's also an explanation as to why he is here when Umineko, barring a few anachronisms, takes place in 1986.

Oh, and I want to make that clear: no Sacred Gear for Battler. Seriously, why do your MC need a Sacred Gear? Humans can be extraordinary in DxD without one, you can be an Exorcist, have a Holy Sword, a Demonic Sword...

Or be a Magician...;)

That's it for now, I guess.

anime fan99
2014-02-09, 21:57
So I had this idea for a while now and I finally managed to put it down in a written form, but I wanted to have some feedback on the premise and/or the text itself.

So I thought about a crossover with Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Does anyone know about it? If yes, then you should know that there aren't many crossovers with Umineko. Also most of the time, people prefer Higurashi over Umineko for some reason. And most fanfics set in Umineko stick to the events on Rokkenjima. I wanted to go about that a different way. Mostly, I wanted to make my story Anti-Mystery.

To those of you not familiar with the universe, here is a nice explanation by the writer of the novels (http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/TIPS/Anti-Mystery_vs._Anti-Fantasy). But TL;DR, there are two ways to see things: from an Anti-Fantasy perspective, and from an Anti-Mystery perspective. It's basically Logic versus Magic. Anti-Fantasy is for people who believes that everything (in this case, the murders) is done by human hands, and that witches are no way involved, and the fantastic elements are a product of a human character's imagination. Anti-Mystery is for those who favor the idea that everything is done by witches and magic.

So when I say I want my story to be Anti-Mystery, I mean that every supernatural elements, witches, demons, magic, etc, is actually real. That means a lot, notably the appearance of a new powerful class, the Witches, who range from equal to gods to just under Ophis/Great Red. It also adds a new supernatural domain, Purgatorio, and introduce the idea of human furnitures, basically the equivalent of the Devils' Peerages. I'm interested to see what exactly it would change within the DxD universe.

Enough babbling, for now, snippet.

Highschool DxD/Umineko crossover

Kakera #56146745

Is it wrong to hope making the new transfer student one’s girlfriend?

The question might seem a little out of the blue. Bear with me a bit, this Ushiromiya Battler shall explain.

(Strange, the kinds of things that one's mind would focus on when you were trying to avoid an unpleasant subject…)

I wanted to make friends with cute girls. I wanted to meet beautiful women from all over Japan, or even beyond. That’s the specific reason why I enrolled into Kuoh Academy three years ago. Having recently turned co-ed, it is expected that the ratio of girls would be superior to the ratio of boys, thus exponentially the chances for a high school romance. And I was right, just for the third-year students the ratio of girls and boys are 8 to 2!

But isn't it in teenager's nature to have such obviously immature thoughts? Is it wrong to look for a friend, correction, a girlfriend in the new transfer student?

As the class representative, I was tasked with helping out this beautiful foreign girl who transferred a month into the first semester. I did my job earnestly, expected nothing in return. One thing led to another, and one afternoon we stayed after class so I could help her with the homework, she invited me to walk her back home.

And I was enough of an idiot to be drawn in by the vague possibility of a love confession.

We walked into the local park as the sun was setting, but, instead of my confession, what I got is a girl saying that magic was real and pretended to be a witch. And like an exclamation mark on the end of a very creepy evening, she also revealed she knew a lot of details about my personal life.

As any sane person would, I got massively creeped out and ran out of the park without looking back.

But still, it was a nice, pleasant day. It was spring, the temperature had been good and warm. Though it was chilly now that night had fallen, there was no worry about freezing to death. A perfect day for a nice, late night stroll, and that was exactly what I was doing, while thinking about how I would convince the teacher of relieving me of my duty.

It’s tempting to think the walk back would be uneventful, right?

But sorry, that was a different walk back. This walk back was something other than uneventful.

So, was it wrong of me to hope making the new transfer student my girlfriend?

Conclusion.

I was wrong.

Whooooooooooom!

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaah?!"

Something just grazed me!! I almost lost my head there!!

Anyway, as a result of having such wicked and obviously immature thoughts, right now, I am this close to getting killed. To be more precise, I was being chased by…someone. Or rather, something, because that…

“Ketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketak etaketaketaketa……”

…horrible laugh is clearly not human.

It’s completely dark now, a world of darkness, mostly because the street lights in this town are dimmed and traffic is prohibited during the late hours of the evening. Normally this part of the neighborhood was completely quiet during the night, like the buildings themselves were resting. But tonight, sounds disrupted the otherwise silent atmosphere. Shoes pounding against the asphalt beneath them; breaths, quick and shallow.

That’s me, running along one main street on one side, and a concrete wall lined with the street taller than me on the other, only lit up now and then by the dimmed street lights above me.

And behind me is…it. I can feel chills all over my body, I can feel its presence nearby, and its intent to kill me becoming much stronger.

I didn’t get a clear view of what exactly was that, but I'd seen fur, scales, claws, and teeth, especially teeth. They were all long, pointy, sharp, covered in saliva, covered in the blood from their latest victim I surprised them gnawing through.

And getting closer.

I look upwards as I run, seeing nothing but the top of the wall and the dark sky above. I took every turn I could, running in a zigzag along the city streets that were arranged like a Go board, but never once did it lose me. Oh, it was delayed, for ten seconds at best, but always managed to catch up to me, sometimes running on the street, sometimes jumping from roof to roof.

I would try to scream for help, but I have no more oxygen to spare in a shout. Besides, who could help me? I would only get innocent people involved, giving it more food by the same occasion. And trying to forcefully enter a building or a house would probably slow me down long enough for it to catch me.

No, I needed to lose it for good, or at least find a place to hide until tomorrow morning. No way in hell I’m putting grandpa and grandma’s lives in danger.

So I frantically kept going, knowing he was doomed, his body mere seconds from shutting down, but he kept struggling to survive, not willing to lose even a seconds worth of life.

Useless, it’s all useless.

I have already run further than I ever had before in my life, and under other circumstances, I would have simply slowed to a walk, trying to get my second wind. But I keep up the pace, pushing myself through the pain in my legs and my ribs, forcing my body far past its former limits. Let’s be honest, I’m terrified that faltering, or even letting up a little, will be seen as a sign of weakness from the predator, and be like throwing a steak into a pool of hungry piranha. It is one thing for a borderline sadist gym teacher to yell at you if you slow down; the prospect of being eaten alive is a much better motivator to force yourself forward. I’m not even sure if it would be dangerous to ease off, but I have no intention of finding out the truth the hard way.

I can't outrun it like this! I have no more speed to draw forth, and I am not religious enough to believe in miracles dropping from the sky; thus, I can only conclude I will be caught at this rate. I offer a short glance backwards, but a not too distant howl from behind me makes me turn my head forward and just hardens my resolve even more as I dig deeper, finding reserves I didn't know I had. I push myself harder, refusing to accept my old limits, because my life depends on it.

However, I am starting to rasp, my throat raw as I gasp for breath, my muscles demanding more oxygen than my lungs could deliver. Trying to keep from noticing the slight ache that is also forming in my legs, I take a few moments to observe my surroundings.

Hm? Wait a minute, this seems familiar.

And truly, after running for a while, I finally gain a hint as to where I am.

More exactly, I recognize the building ahead.

That’s the way to school!

There’s my chance. The school should be closed at this hour but I may be able to lose it on the familiar school grounds. The environment will be at my advantage, and already I can think of several ways to reach safe hiding places.

I thought I'd given everything that I could, but I find reserves I'd never tapped before, breaking into a dead run, moving like it was a hundred yard dash, towards the school entrance, my blood running cold when I hear an inhuman roaring behind me.

I focus on my trajectory, the several meter path to the school entrance appearing clearly in my head.

I am going to reach it.

I can reach it.

I’ll reach it no matter what! It doesn’t matter where the beast comes from! I’ll evade it, and take a sharp turn to the left and gain more distance by zigzagging through the bicycle parking area. Either way, I’ll end this here!

The moment my foot take a first step inside the courtyard, I am quasi certain of my victory.

I stop thinking about my pursuer altogether. This is why I reach the idea of ending this before it could reach me.

An understandable mistake.

When the beast jumps directly in front of me, I frantically try to stop, but my inertia carries me towards it, increasing the force of the impact when it drives a fist into my chest.

“…Ah.”

Time stops.

Ksh.

An odd sound.

Barely able to suppress a scream when I feel my ribs crack, the air driven out of me violently, I remains in the air for several seconds who pass like an eternity beforemy backstrikes the dirt of the schoolyard.

Blood rise from my organs and spew from my mouth as I turn my head to the side and vomit the rancid, dark red liquid, some of it splashing on my uniform.

Heavy footsteps.

I gasp pathetically as I lay on my back, feeling helpless as the body of a gigantic beast looms over me.

From what I can see, it’s at least more than 5 meters tall. A grotesque being out of the most surreal nightmares, an unnatural form having a woman’s upper body and the lower body of a monster, four fat legs with sharp claws and the tail of a snake. A creature reminiscent to a mythological Centaur, really, though it seems much more similar to a Sphinx.

“I can smell something disgusting. But I can also smell something delicious. Is it sweet? Or is it sour?”

It (she?) has a low voice, so low one might confuse it for a man’s voice. It (she?) says those words while licking its/her lips in hungry anticipation.

That's the end. There's no doubt about it. This is my fate for being obsessed with stupid filthy delusions. I am an idiot. A fool for looking for a fateful encounter. The dream of not making any effort, but quickly finding a pretty girl, was just that, a dream.

Ah, I want to return. I want to return to earlier that day—when I should have known better, but my eyes were sparkling and I accompanied her to the local park—and knock my old self out.

But it is not possible anymore—not from a logical point of view.

Oh, that’s right. Logic left this world a while ago. Silly me. Anything can happen.

“…Hey, give it a rest, will you?’’

Including someone saving me at the last moment.

Immediately after the voice coming from the darkness speaks those words, the liminal woman standing over me suddenly have sphere of water covering her head. I presume it’s water, unless the beast can make bubbles out of thin air. The scene is so surreal, but then again it has been a ridiculous day, I’m no longer fazed by anything anymore.

The ball-shaped water emerging ex nihilo slowly steals away the monster’s ability to breathe. Its huge body tried to stand up on its four staggering legs, but the water seems to have its own consciousness, always covering the head. Water whips coming from the darkness attack the monster from every direction, and mercilessly pin it on the ground, its watery helmet still drowning it slowly.

‘‘Seriously, what is she doing? Letting that Stray Devil come all the way here…’’

As I gasp, desperately trying to catch my breath, struggling to keep conscious, my heart thundering in my ears, I struggle to lift up my head to see where the voice comes from.

A silhouette comes out of the darkness of the school yard. As the feminine voice made me guess, it is a girl, a student of Kuoh Academy as revealed by her uniform. It’s still too dark to make out her face, though I have the vague impression of knowing that voice.

I manage to raise the upper half of my body to get a better view.

“…Who…are…?”

I try to speak but instead cough up a clump of blood from deep in my throat.

“Don’t force yourself, you would only worsen your wounds. Still, I’m surprised you managed to make it this far against her, most would have been eaten by now.”

The girl continues to walk towards my position in front of the school entrance, and, again, I really think I recognize the voice, but I can’t manage to put a name on it. Damn it.

She suddenly stops walking, and I can see the dark shape of her head turn to look behind me.

“You sure took your time, everything is finished already. I had to clean up after you and a human got involved.”

A new voice comes from behind me. Another girl.

“Sorry, Souna. The orders from the Arch Duke clearly specified that the Stray Devil named Vaizor lured humans to an unused building to feed on them. I didn’t expect her to hunt her prey around town, and we lost a lot of precious time trying to track her.”

Souna…?

“It’s fine,” sighs the first voice. “However, I’m only in charge during day-time. If I didn’t have some paperworks to take care of, I wouldn’t have been here to save him.”

I can see the figure nonchalantly point in my direction.

“Hm? Ara ara, doesn’t he seem familiar to you, Buchou?"

I hear yet another girl's voice that doesn't belong to the second. Just how many people…

Huh?

My first savior finally steps out of the darkness of the school yard, and appears in the pale moonlight…

Are you serious!?

I’m so shocked my mouth keeps opening and closing wordlessly.

Before me stands a beautiful and slender female student, black hair styled in a short bob cut, quite the beauty, that is, if you exclude the cold and strict atmosphere around her. Her strict violet eyes have an interrogating look behind a pair of red glasses as she looks down on me from above.

Kuou Academy’s Student Council President, Shitori Souna.

W-what?

“Now that you mention it, I didn’t pay much attention to it before, but isn’t he your classmate, Rias?’’

Rias!? Don’t tell me…!?

“Come to think of it, that ridiculous hairstyle does look a lot like…’’

The second voice is now extremely close, directly above me. I raise my head.

Red. A sea of red, of crimson. Or rather, a sea of red hair. And floating on it is a beautiful, light skinned face assorted with blue-green eye expressing curiosity.

And smiling at me.

Yup, Rias Gremory, Kuoh Academy's number one beauty, one of the Two Great Ladies of the school, rumored Scandinavian, is smiling at me, Ushiromiya Battler. Oh, and she’s my classmate as well. Meeting her at school tomorrow sure is gonna be awkward.

And Gremory-san being here means I can safely guess which the third girl is.

“Who is it, Buchou?’’

Another voice!? And a guy’s voice at that. Just how many people are here, and how come did I not hear them?

“That’s Kinirowashi Sento, our classmate,’’ answers, not Gremory-san, but the third, now identified voice.

As she says my false name, Himejima Akeno, second of the Two Great Ladies of Kuoh Academy (therefore number two beauty of the school), places herself besides Gremory-san, her long, black ponytail swaying behind her as she does so. Accompanying her are three other people, as I expected, more spectators to my pathetic form. A handsome boy who seems younger than me, with short blonde hair and grey eyes (another foreigner?), a white-haired petite girl (is she in middle school?), and a non-descriptive, plain guy of average height with short brown hair, who seem as confused as me about the whole situation.

Or maybe that’s just his default expression.

Together with Shitori Souna, they form a ring from above me, staring down where I lay. I look up to them, too tired and stunned to say anything, which is probably for the best as I don’t know what exactly I should say.

The average dude speaks up.

“Er, Buchou, what do we do with him?’’

Not the same voice, so it wasn’t him who spoke earlier, that must have been the bishounen.
Gremory-san doesn’t answer him, instead she talks to me.

“Kinirowashi-kun, I’m sure you have a lot of questions, don’t you?’’

I become aware I can’t breathe properly. Is it pain? Or is some part of my respiratory tract damaged? Although uninformed, I tried my best to make a small voice despite my breathing difficulties.

“W-who…or what are…you?’’

“What are we?’’

She grimaces, as if she just ate something sour. Some part of my mind realizes she might have been offended by my use of what instead of who. Another part seriously do not care and just want to go home already: Grandpa and grandma must be worried sick.

A third part of my mind, however, is extremely aware that the pain is numbing everything; it is a different numbness from earlier: it is larger, messier, and more absolute.

Not…good.

Rias Gremory glances around, looking at the others. Some silencious message seem to be exchanged, and some give a slight nod. She sighs, and focus back on me.

“I will tell what we are. You deserve that much. In actuality, we all are…’’

“W-wait Buchou, isn’t he bleeding more than before!?’’

FLAP!

Just as I realize that, effectively, a large amount of blood is staining my white dress shirt, at that moment, wings sprout from the backs of everyone around me. Bat-like wings.

Vampires? Are you kidding me?

It is, I perceive, the last sound I hear.

My consciousness leaves me after that.

So, is it wrong to hope making a girlfriend with little effort?

Re-conclusion.

I am still wrong.
-
So what did you think? Anyway, that's just a sort of prologue, it doesn't show much, I intend to write the real first chapter so that you can see exactly where I'm going with this. Anyway, the main character is obviously Battler, lovable breast lover, master debater and detective, and it happens during the 6-year void while he was away from his family. I intend to make them appear eventually, and more and more Uminekocharacters if the fic continue long enough. It is also known that he changed his family name for his mother's during while he was away and living at his grandparents' house.

For now, it's Battler, his grandparents, and the transfer student (you know who it is already).

There's also ofan explanation as to why he is here when Umineko, barring a few anachronisms, takes place in 1986.

Oh, and I want to make that clear: no Sacred Gear for Battler. Seriously, why do your MC need a Sacred Gear? Humans can be extraordinary in DxD without one, you can be an Exorcist, have a Holy Sword, a Demonic Sword...

Or be a Magician...;)

That's it for now, I guess.

Can you give me more information about the story and the characters of Umineko no Naku Koro ni

wellis
2014-06-19, 05:36
Regarding fanfiction, can we post fanfiction here from other sites, if they're connected to DxD? Like say stuff from FF.net for example.

Rising Dragon
2014-06-19, 12:47
I don't see why we couldn't post fanfic recommendations.

demino_hellsin
2014-07-12, 21:20
I only watched the anime, but are there enough male characters to make a reverse harem?

sunsengnim
2014-07-13, 20:46
I only watched the anime, but are there enough male characters to make a reverse harem?

Kiba, Gasper, Azazel, Vali, Sairaorg, Cao Cao and many more which have also shown an unusual interest in Issei...

so yes there are more then enough for a reverse harem.
but next time ask this in the novel section since there's a special question thread in it where you can ask such questions.

kusabireika
2014-07-13, 20:51
Kiba, Gasper, Azazel, Vali, Sairaorg, Cao Cao and many more which have also shown an unusual interest in Issei...

so yes there are more then enough for a reverse harem.
but next time ask this in the novel section since there's a special question thread in it where you can ask such questions.

You forgot raizer :heh:, same ^_^ just post the question if you need an additional info just go to the ln section :nod:

demino_hellsin
2014-07-29, 00:50
Can anyone point me to sample conversations of the perverted trio?

anime fan99
2014-08-12, 23:42
me and a Friend coming up with a High School DxD crossover story and this is a Poll to Choose the main protagonist and the Other series in the crossover

http://strawpoll.me/2330435

Benigmatica
2014-08-14, 10:40
You know, I was thinking of pitching an idea of a cross-over for Highschool DxD. How about adding either To Aru Majutsu no Index or Strike the Blood into the mix.

demino_hellsin
2014-08-14, 10:42
TAMNI gets my vote.

I'm thinking of Breath of Fire crossover HSDxD

Rising Dragon
2014-08-14, 12:17
Does no one make any fanfiction for DxD that DOESN'T involve a crossover? I'm seeing nothing but crossovers for it, it feels like. SAO, Persona, Zero no Tsukaima...

demino_hellsin
2014-08-14, 17:32
I can't because I only follow the anime. I'd need more info on the characters to do them proper justice.

Plus the excessively perverted characters are hard to grasp since they straddle the line between harmless peeper to rapist stalker. It's easier to focus away from them when you have other characters(and I think HSDxD has enough OCs) to focus on.

Murakami Kai
2014-09-29, 06:31
i don't know. I'm thinking of putting High School DxD in my comedic crossover fic that stars an OC. He ain't a mary sue of course. Least not currently (Unless you're like me and enjoy reading a character who grows from weak to stronger) since I'm also planning to put DMC in it (Not the reboot since I haven't really found myself enjoying it like the old one). Devil hunters and Devils after all.

No romance though (Except some comedic romance between canon characters). The only way I'd put any OCxCanon romance in this fic is if it made sense from a comedic standpoint (Give lots of laughs) or if literally everyone who ever read and enjoyed it came and said they'd stop reading it just because of no OCXCanon. But the former is the more likely reason.

anime fan99
2015-01-20, 18:37
DxD Trigger

Devil hunter extraordinaire Dante gets a job offer that takes him to Kuoh Academy and the funeral of a childhood friend. It also brings him into an encounter with a certain fallen angel and a certain Crimson-Haired Ruin Princess's peerage. Congratulations, Dante. To this Hell I welcome you!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10986626/1/DxD-Trigger

Poodicus
2015-01-20, 21:39
I thought I should post my own fanfic since it's been released for about 2-3 months now.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10841773/1/Oppai-Dragon-Road-to-Being-King

Being released as volumes like the actual LN (despite being written in a more novel way) rather than individual chapters, so releases are rather sporadic.

After defeating the being known Rizevim Lucifer, and removing what was left of the Khaos Brigade, the members of the counter-terrorist group known as 'DxD' thought that they would get a well-deserved break for their efforts.

Unfortunately, not all plans fall in place, as an ancient organization rises once again. They are here to eradicate the evils that plague the world of man, just like before, and to bring Heaven to its former glory.

Can Issei and his friends fight this new group and bring peace back to the world once again? Will he ever be able to live out his dream of creating his very own harem?

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine
Sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Akisa Akimune
2015-08-23, 22:16
On a totally different note, don't you all think that 2/3 of the fanfictions are all about an OP OC or Issei's parents getting killed when he is young, resulting in him awakening his Sacred Gear ?
Sigh.

Poodicus
2015-08-24, 17:41
Yes, and its annoying to say the least.

Akisa Akimune
2015-08-24, 19:56

Yup. Though someone already made a fanfic about that, but the girl was an OC and Issei was a part of her harem and vice-versa.

Yes, and its annoying to say the least.

I know right. We have enough avengers and what not with Sasuke in Naruto, thank you very much. Plus these authors often use his sob story as an excuse to get 'em all (I mean the girls).

One fanfic complained about it very well, by using comedy. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9980359/1/Tribute-of-tributes-A-complete-mystery

Th3Brain
2016-08-26, 17:12
um, can someone recommend me a High School DxD fanfiction that has Issei as the main character and no OCs that take any of his girls. Or even just no OCs in general. I absolutely hate OC x Harem with a passion :mad:. Also no crossovers, unless it doesn't pair a DxD girl with someone besides Issei. For example: Naruto + High School DxD, a Naruto character isn't paired with anyone in the DxD Universe, i would read. Issei can be OOC (Out of Character). Any pairing with Issei. It can be an unfinished or complete story. If it's being updated, fantastic.

Please reply :)

Rising Dragon
2016-08-26, 17:30
Gabriel Blessing of In-Flight/Hill of Swords fame did Highschool SAO, a DxD and Sword Art Online crossover that fits your criteria. It neither replaces Issei, nor steals his harem or his thunder. Fairly long oneshot taking place during the second volume/second half of season 1.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9891998/1/

Anime total
2018-11-19, 12:34
unfortunately in the English fandom almost all fics or mostly are OC OP x harem, but if you think that is bad you should see how it is in the Spanish fandom where I come from, most of these stories are treason fics and These are the ones who hate the most and all or the vast majority have meaningless plots.
if you want me to recommend fics with issei as the protagonist here I give you some, but I warn you these fic are in Spanish.

Fic: Highschool DxD: Dragon del genesis
Author: Boobie Loving Alien
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9715243/1/HighSchool-DxD-Dragon-del-Genesis
synopsis: "Sometimes I think about how my life could have been ... With parents, without a squatting dragon, without a thousand-year-old jewel or a talking sword, without brothers or students, without love or flying boats, without fire, death and blood ... Being only human, without being the Dragon of Genesis, without being the current [Sekiryuutei] ... Without being Issei Hyodo ... without knowing what it means to be who I am. "
summary and personal opinion: the story presents a plot in which a group of people aware of the threat represented by rizevim decide to leave the hopes of arresting the super demon in the current red dragon emperor, a child issei who has just lost his parents, to achieve such an act ophis and the great red reaches an agreement in ele who decide to create a trinity and turn the child orphan into a candidate for god dragon, the dragon of genesis, the story begins with a volume 0 showing us as the Young child grows under the tutelage of ophis to find his place in the world, after that the plot is basically similar to that of the novel only with several changes and the introduction of new elements, currently the story is in its chapter 99 and is adapting volume 11 in its own way, the only thing I do not like about this story is the fact that the author's version of issei is too libertine and the author always tries to leave it as a adass, besides that the author has rejected several characters for considering them in their opinion "useless", I will only tell you that if you are a fan of Asia and saji do not read this fic

Fic: Sekiryuutei Supremo
Author: IzanagiOmega
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12333773/1/Sekiryuutei-Supremo
synopsis: "An existence changed the history of the past as we know it, protagonist of great feats and victories, his name was forgotten in time, but after centuries reincarnated, in this life he became the Sekiryuutei and his new life changed history before prescribed ... This is the story of Hyoudo Issei, Sekiryuutei and Supreme King ... The Supreme Sekiryuutei. (IsexHarem) "
summary and personal opinion: history presents a world where thousands of years ago a man known as Haou (supreme King) appeared, the actions of said man caused changes in the timeline of DxD, in this story issei is the reincarnation of said man, the plot follows that of the novel but adding original arcs and new characters, elements, etc., is a very good story, currently has 116 chapters and is adapting the volume 9, a new chapter is published every Sunday night , colombia time

Fic: High School DxD Re: Life
Author: ReyEvolution
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12098321/1/High-School-DxD-Re-Life
synopsis: "Memories are memories of a past life, facts that can not be erased since they will always be right there." Issei Hyodo and Rias Gremory met 2 years before the original line, that simple fact changed their lives and destiny. they were written forever, the story of those who would be known as the King and Queen of Absolute Destruction has just begun. "
summary and personal opinion: the story is a semi-croosover with D gray man, it presents a world where issei and allen walker are the same person and in addition to convatir against the khaos brigade must fight against the noah family, the story is currently in pause with 53 chapters having adapted up to the volume 7 along with some arcs of d gray man

Fic: el verdadero issei
author: Seky
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10082888/1/El-Verdadero-Issei
synopsis: "After being betrayed by those he considered companions, Hyoudo Issei embarks on a journey full of surprises, new enemies, companions and loves, in addition to discovering many more things about him and his origin IsseixHaremxOc, 4th Season ! "
summary and personal opinion: the story is starts being a fic of betrayal, is divided into 4 seasons, in the first season a villain appears which washes the brain to the friends of issei for these to attack, which causes issei decide to become stronger to take revenge against this villain, the second season after having achieved his goal, issei is now a criminal sought by the 3 factions, allied with vali issei decides to start a war against his enemies and the process covers the true of its origin and who is really this season ends with an event called the restart, in the third season after the restart of the timeline, rizevim and company decide to declare war on the mythological world, and finally in the fourth season after the end of the war issei and his harem live their quiet lives until a threat from another world makes an appearance

Fic: High School DxD: Sacred University of Demonic Arts
author: Seky
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11852345/1/High-School-DxD-Sacred-University-of-Demonic-Arts
synopsis: "Demons, fallen angels and angels, existences completely unrelated to human beings or at least that was the case until 20 years ago." The 4 races have united to prosper in a great alliance between races and to live with greater harmony the races They decided to create an institution where everyone could live together and forge bonds, a university. "
summary and personal opinion: the story presents a world where the supernatural is known and an intellectual issei of 20 years attends the university where he will live his adventures, with 14 chapters currently