PDA

View Full Version : Live Action Cutie Honey Movie

s0nicfreak
2003-11-05, 11:51
Did you hear they're making a live action Cutie Honey movie?! XD

trailer (RealPlayer) (http://eurohurl.euro.real.com/trk.html?p=home&sp=&ssp=&part=movies/031027_cutie_honey.rx&gctry=jp&url=http%3a%2f%2frealguide.jp.real.com%2fram%2fmov ie%2fwarner%2fcutie_honey%2fcutie_honey_h.ram) site (http://www.cutiehoney.com/)

Although alot of ppl here don't like LA I for one do and I can't wait for this XD Looks pretty cool. What do you guys think

Vulkar
2003-11-05, 18:08
I've only looked at the site so far. Looks interesting. :twitch:
Anyway. I was bored today so I made an avatar for it. If anyone wants to use it, feel free. I did it mostly for practice.

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/051103-cutey-ava.jpg

Koshiba
2003-11-05, 18:09
I personally love liveaction series. I dunno.. It looks pretty cool. I'll be sure to check it out. ^^

The Xenos
2003-11-08, 06:31
ok, here's what got me. Hideki Anno, the mind who made Evangelion, is either directing or something on this movie. Plus fomr the trailer, it looks very sentai. I did he that anno liked the new Kamen Rider 555. (btw, anyone else interested in batch torrents of that? I only got 2 eps.) Plus he has done some other live action work since his last anime Kare Kano. I found a torrent for Ritual. I need to watch It, but form what I skimmed, it looks quite good visuall. I can only imagine what this movie will look like.

-xenos

netcos
2004-05-06, 12:07
Real "Cutie Honey" :) :) :)

www.cutiehoney.com (http://www.cutiehoney.com/)

figure pictures (http://www.hk-gensen.com/gallery/CutieH.htm)

Guts
2004-05-06, 12:10
Uhh I dont get it, is this supposed to be some kind of hent... doll or something ?

Lexander
2004-05-06, 12:13
Change your sig ... it is obviously too big.

Thany
2004-05-06, 12:13
*agrees Lexander* This signature is far too big and will eventually be nuked by a mod/admin :p
Edit : Signature already gone, Xris is damn fast :)

Palani
2004-05-06, 12:14
Nope he's just making a sort of advertisment for figurines of the movie "Cutie Honey"

They are nice but nothing special. There are better and hotter figurines out there.

Roots
2004-05-06, 12:44
The first link says: March 29th 2004, All-country road show!

Mr_Paper
2004-05-06, 13:12
The first link is about the upcoming Live Action Cutey Honey movie... Why they'd mack one is beyond me.

The second link is just an advertisement for the garage kits of the characters.

babbito2k
2004-05-06, 13:37
Hideaki Anno is directing the live-action movie. I have not seen any of his award-winning live-action works, but I would be interested in seeing this. The movie website has been up for a while.

I can think of a couple of reasons why they would make this movie. One would be the success of some of the live-action superhero films in the US. Nostalgia or rehashing seems to be pretty happening lately - Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom, Getter Robo and Tetsujin 28gou have all been revisited recently.

Lina Inverse
2004-05-06, 18:59
I can think of a couple of reasons why they would make this movie. One would be the success of some of the live-action superhero films in the US. Nostalgia or rehashing seems to be pretty happening lately - Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom, Getter Robo and Tetsujin 28gou have all been revisited recently.
Yes, there seems to be a real run for live action stuff right now... what will be next? How a bout a live action Urusei Yatsura? :hmm:

Asura
2004-05-06, 20:26
heh O.o... those figurines can use some refinishing...lot's of air buble lines from the cast...

y'know.... i think cutie honey in a sense is kinda lame... i still like la blue girl better...lol.

Dopeskills
2004-05-06, 22:08
So why is the navigation of the site in english?

babbito2k
2004-05-07, 00:08
And there's a live action Devilman movie a-comin'... that makes 3 live-action adaptations of material 10 years old or older and 2 Go Nagai movies. So there is really no lack of reasons why the Cutey Honey movie shouldn't get made. It could be a lot of fun depending on how they play it.

Mana
2004-08-30, 11:56
No idea if there's been something on this yet, but I've been gone for so long so I'll go along with this.

If anyone's looking for some info, I've seen the actual movie in theaters during July at a movie festival (and believe it was the first international screening or something), so feel free to ask me stuff. I can't wait for the sequel (which happens to be in the making and explains why the director was not at the screening but some of the producers were).

Shay
2004-08-30, 13:48
No idea if there's been something on this yet, but I've been gone for so long so I'll go along with this.

If anyone's looking for some info, I've seen the actual movie in theaters during July at a movie festival (and believe it was the first international screening or something), so feel free to ask me stuff. I can't wait for the sequel (which happens to be in the making and explains why the director was not at the screening but some of the producers were).

Q: Is It as ecchi as the series? :naughty:

The trailer did not do It any justice.

Mana
2004-08-30, 23:28
*Giggles* unfortunately not, but still a little. The beginning's bath/out-of-bath scene sure made lots of losers in the screening room express their joy (can't watch a movie, damn *BEEP*) ahem... anyway... Actually, not being a personally huge fan of the series, the trailer sure made me feel I had gotten plenty for my money after seeing it. I like how the trailer really shows how both support characters look so much like in the animé.

Weedse
2004-08-31, 02:47
The first link says: March 29th 2004, All-country road show!

cool pic, dude!

Sakuya
2004-10-23, 22:59
Will anyone be ripping the movie from the R2 DVD and plan to include AC35.1 audio and soft subs? That would be great. :heh: Also, is anyone going to sub the Making Of CH Live? I think there's a DVD out for it already.

Apterous
2004-11-03, 17:48
Will anyone be ripping the movie from the R2 DVD and plan to include AC35.1 audio and soft subs? That would be great. :heh: Also, is anyone going to sub the Making Of CH Live? I think there's a DVD out for it already.

Hmm... we'll do what we can... ::whistles innocently:: :innocent: :cool:

And if someone can float us a raw of the "Making of" special, we'll look onto it... all I have in my hands of that sort is a silly interview about the Re: OAV, with the producer and the uber-kawaii Horie Yui... it has some sort of fortune telling thing in it...

Sakuya
2004-11-03, 22:02
I found a Make Of Cutie Honey Live on eMule when I searched. It's 224.88MB and I'm not sure if it's subtitled since it doesn't mention it. You might want to look into that... I'm still not halfway done. Thanks for considering it. I found a raw with AC35.1 on a torrent site somewhere else though. Hopefully, you guys can release a version with hardsubs for those who didn't see it yet as well as a subtitle file for those that only have the raw. Am I asking for too much? :bow: