PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Da Capo Girl

Bleed Kaga
2003-11-04, 03:10
Considering my age, I feel a bit embarrased doing a poll like this but after watching Da Capo 16, I just want to basically know what % of the people like Nemu because I just can't stand her any longer.

boneyjellyfish
2003-11-04, 03:13
Hmm... I never really liked any of the Da Capo characters, but my two favorite are the sisters that always make the hot pots. Hmm... I know the older one is Moe, so I guess that means the other one is Curly.

koki_2706
2003-11-04, 05:24
Well, I'm beginning to dislike Nemu for whatever reasons you may have but my favorite girls have to be Miharu (banana fetish robotic girl) and Yoriko (cat ears)... :love:

Why can't I vote twice..? :upset:

Go-lytely
2003-11-04, 05:58
Tough call between Moe, Miharu, and Mako. I'll vote for banana loving Miharu because she had the funniest side episode. Agreed, Nemu does get a little annoying when she gets jealous of the other girls.

Badaro
2003-11-04, 06:59
Mako, then Moe and Miharu.

[]s Badaro

[Titan]
2003-11-04, 07:03
Nemu, definately Nemu :D Gotta love that little bell ^^

Kamui4356
2003-11-04, 08:16
I'm not really sure which is my favorite, so I picked Nemu for two reasons. First, it seems the point was to see how many people hate her. Second Nemu no mune is spelled the same foward and backward in kana. I doubt it'll come out but, ねむ の むね.

Anlushac11
2003-11-04, 08:33
Sorry I had to go with Yoriko. The cat ears and her shy demeanor make her too adorable.

But if its any consolation I had to stop and think about whether to choose Miharu or Yoriko.

I honestly cant decide but I went with Yoriko since I felt she wouldnt be as popular.

I like Nemu but she is another female who likes the main character who wont say how she feels until probably the very last episode.

Timo
2003-11-04, 08:46
I have 2 favorite.

Yoriko Sagisawa :love:
Neko and maid in one. >_< (It's just too much for me, so I voted for her. :heh: )

Followed very closely by Kotori Shirakawa.
What a singing voice :love: and IMHO with the best personality of all the girls. :love:

Why can't I pick both? :( ;_; :p

Flash_Squirrel
2003-11-04, 08:50
Moe-senpai, of course! Gotta love the personality.

Sour-Do
2003-11-04, 08:57
I wonder if the storywriters are just about to elaborate on Nemu's ongoing illness (from episode 1, remember?) and provide background on how Junichi and Nemu became brother and sister. I suspect there's going to be many converts over to Nemu before the series is over.

Anyhow, I can't stand the bratty Sakura. I hope episode 17 explains the reason for her existence, and afterward she just fades into the background.

As for Yoriko and Miharu, I'm plain tired of the anime catgirl and robotgirl cliches, even though Miharu does provide some innocent comedy.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!

Wolfwood2970
2003-11-04, 09:54
Nemu YAY she's my favorite.... then there is Sakura who i feel sorry for :(

Wandering A.I.
2003-11-04, 10:34
>but my favorite girls have to be Miharu (banana fetish robotic girl) and Yoriko (cat ears)...

I completely agree! Voting Miharu myself.

>what % of the people like Nemu because I just can't stand her any longer.

Put me down as one of her haters. Bitchy and overprotective IMHO. Lack of bitchy-ness is pretty much the only thing I look for in a girl IRL...

Temporal
2003-11-04, 11:51
I like yoriko so i voted for her, although mako, kotori and moe are favorites too.

I'm also one of those ppl who dont like nemu.

Having seen ep 18 in raw, i'm not too happy about the direction the series is going.

Ether
2003-11-04, 12:35
Kotori :love: She's just too kind. Gotta love that voice and personality.

I also like Mako, tough exterior but can be extremely feminine when she chooses.

Regarding Nemu :twitch:, I don't hate her but I'm seriously wondering when the heck she's just gonna confess to jyunichi (i think thats the main characters name)

ZGMF-10A
2003-11-04, 17:37
lmfao i am the only sakura-chan fan for dacapo.... hohoho...... :)

AG3
2003-11-04, 18:02
For me, it's a close call between Kotori and Nemu. Kotori wins (just barely) because of her lovely singing voice and her selflessness. The way she told him that the concert was cancelled, just so he wouldn't feel so guilty for double-booking...

Nemu comes a close second. Not that she has any of the good qualities that Kotori has, I just like her.

For that matter, I like all the girls in Da Capo, and am a little bit sad that the Da Capo game isn't available in English. I'm gonna start learning Japanese now. Really!

Wandering_Youth
2003-11-04, 18:17
I like Miharu because she just so silly and I also like Moe because she has an odd personality. I always like the characters with weird /odd personalities. Hmm, I guess I'll choose Miharu.

brightman
2003-11-04, 22:40
Miharu... She's funny...

http://mysite.verizon.net/~brightman/miharu.gif

Roots
2003-11-05, 02:58
Kotori all the way! She is so perfect. Whenever her and Asakura get close I'm always on the edge of my seat. Please let something happen between them! Argahhhh KOTORI I want to make you MINE!!!! :twitch:

lordwu
2003-11-05, 03:37
Neko girl is the best! :D

Shizo
2003-11-05, 21:40
I don't remember seeing a girl called Koyomi...

::faze
2003-11-05, 23:37
Moe is the best! I love all the scenes with her in it, especially the ones involving her undersized bikini ^^

I think most ppl find Sakura annoying by the way she acts. I think she's alright, but there's nothing too interesting about her, but then again they haven't really focused on her yet. She looks too young to be hot as well.

I don't remember seeing a girl called Koyomi...
Koyomi is Kotori's sister, the prof/nurse? im not sure which one it is. She's a babe, but she doesn't get enough airtime to be noticed. We don't really know too much about her, other than that she is a little stern with Asakura and protective of her sister.

144M_HYPERION
2003-11-06, 00:23
Miharu is very cute ...

"Banana Banana Banana" :heh:

monir
2003-11-06, 00:30
Considering my age, I feel a bit embarrased doing a poll like this but after watching Da Capo 16, I just want to basically know what % of the people like Nemu because I just can't stand her any longer.You didnt mention why? From the poll,,Nemu wins too...As AG3 mentioned, all of the girls in DaCapo is cool and Nemu is just likable for no apparent reason...

Crimson
2003-11-06, 01:24
Actually no, Nemu isn't that much likable. She's just one of those annoying characters that makes you wish you could enter the show and stab her to death.. ^^'''

I vote for Miharu, she's cute, funny, and she loves banana. :) *points to his avatar*

monir
2003-11-06, 03:40
Kool sig as usual from the great Crimson-san. I still want to see you do one on that Japanese girl with skirt and deadly weapon with deadly attitude from movie Kill Bill..I will be the first one to copy it on my HD..:D

bluemist
2003-11-06, 09:21
I'd say Mako. Energetic and tomboyish girl but still is feminine at times.

stsaturn
2003-11-06, 09:23
Moe because she reminds me of Mutsumi Otohime (Love Hina)

Bleed Kaga
2003-11-07, 00:34
You didnt mention why? From the poll,,Nemu wins too...As AG3 mentioned, all of the girls in DaCapo is cool and Nemu is just likable for no apparent reason...

If I have to find a reason I would have to say that sad, jealous, and depressive look she gives every time Junichi talks/smiles/hangs out with anothe girl is extremely annoying to me.. and she did that alot in episode 16.

And actually I'm not surprised at Nemu leadint the poll, one thing I learned a very long time ago is that I'm definitely not the target audience for most harlem/romance anime. :heh:

PocariSweat
2003-11-07, 01:09
Moe because she reminds me of Mutsumi Otohime (Love Hina)

Hehe, me too. Ya ever notice how many Anime's have a character like that? -some strangely sleepy girl with long dark hair and a narcoleptic personality? They are usually said to have "low blood pressure" too - makes me wonder if that's a real disease in Japan :)

Timeless Enigma
2003-12-02, 01:21
Whoa, that's the first time I realized that Mutsumi and Moe are alike... damn I'm slow.

Anyways, I didn't vote (not yet), but I like Yoriko and Kotori the most, with Moe following close behind. I hate how Yoriko is only actually in two eps (the rest of the time she's outside or just "there".

I actually liked Nemu a lot before, but yeah she reminds me of that annoying 3rd wheel in a relationship that gets the guy...

Someone commented that they weren't the average target audience for most things, same with me. I lot of the time I like disliked chars and dislike the popular ones.

Keitaro
2003-12-02, 02:03
I like Moe, Nemu and Kotori but I voted for Kotori. I hope she gets more screen time, I love her voice seiyuu Yui Horie I want hear her sing again.

Hao Asakura
2003-12-04, 10:55
First I vote for Moe because she is just too blur for everything, clumsy but attractive, has a nice figure, and for her nabe addiction.
Second is Miharu for her act like a cute puppy when seeing a banana.

Mephisto03
2003-12-04, 14:02

No your not :)

eMpTy265
2003-12-04, 17:30
I like Moe, Nemu and Kotori but I voted for Kotori. I hope she gets more screen time, I love her voice seiyuu Yui Horie I want hear her sing again.

Ditto here.

I think they should give us more time with Kotori, because she's an interesting character.

I wish we could hear Kotori sing a little more, and maybe give us some development on her character.
(Especially the issue of telepathy and stuff like that... )

(Though I doubt it'll happen. boo...

heh... anyone mind giving me the plot outline for Kotori's path in the game? =D)

Moe's a fun character too, I'd say she'd probably make the best wife out of the group.

(Nemu's way too possessive, same with Sakura...
and as much as I like Kotori, I think it'd be scary to have a wife that could read your EVERY thought. =P I mean... no surprises... no keeping secrets to yourself. etc etc. =D )

Timeless Enigma
2004-01-08, 00:30
(Nemu's way too possessive, same with Sakura...
and as much as I like Kotori, I think it'd be scary to have a wife that could read your EVERY thought. =P I mean... no surprises... no keeping secrets to yourself. etc etc. =D )
Yeah, she'd also know what you did last summer... :naughty:

But back on topic... Kotori... would be my dream wife... Moe as well... and Yoriko as well... ah screw it, why doesn't Canada endorse bigomy?

But I'm almost afraid to watch episode 25... I was NOT a happy camper in that final ep with Kotori. And I'm dreading ep 26.

Why Nemu, why? I used to like you, I used to think you were cool... but then you showed your true colours.

relentlessflame
2004-01-08, 01:33
But I'm almost afraid to watch episode 25... I was NOT a happy camper in that final ep with Kotori. And I'm dreading ep 26.

Why Nemu, why? I used to like you, I used to think you were cool... but then you showed your true colours.

Showed her true colours? Did she really change that much?

Anyways, my two favorites are definitely Nemu and Kotori. Kotori was my early favorite (and I gotta admit, I was pretty disappointed by Junichi in episode 23 also), but I came to like Nemu more and more as the series went along. That being said, though, I really like all the characters in Da Capo - they definitely each had their good points.

jakkz
2004-01-08, 01:45
damnnnnnnnnn so harddd to choose between Nemu, Yoriko and Kotori ... so they're all NO#1 :) :) :)

golthin
2004-01-08, 17:19
Considering my age, I feel a bit embarrased doing a poll like this but after watching Da Capo 16, I just want to basically know what % of the people like Nemu because I just can't stand her any longer.
Nemu! Because she is cute and she has the whole world against her.

shinobu4ever
2004-01-12, 12:06
Probabley miharu i loved the banana bit
This maybe a bit wrong but its all i remember

Asakura"What do you want?"

Miharu "banana juice"

Asakura "Theres no such thing!and even if there was i would't let you buy it!!" :heh: :heh: :heh:

kj1980
2004-01-12, 12:44

Miharu "banana juice"

Asakura "Theres no such thing!and even if there was i would't let you buy it!!" :heh: :heh: :heh:

...actually, I myself laughed at that quote, and you'll be surprised...that my local Lawson's convenience store actually sells "banana juice."

Keitaro
2004-01-13, 04:31

Miharu "banana juice"

lol I laughed at that also. But the one line that still stays in my mind was when she tells Asakura-san "If I knew this would happen I think I should've eaten more bananas" right before she stops funtioning. Not only did I laugh a bit I was so sad, the feeling is hard to explain in words.

ThunderForceX
2004-01-13, 17:55
another Sakura fan arrived .. cho rori meo shi !!! XD

Death to Nemu !:frustrated:
GO GO SAKURA !! FIGHTO~

EternalBlue
2004-01-13, 18:53
Kotori all the way!! :cool: Of course that was kinda obvious if you saw my avatar...

bluemist
2004-01-14, 08:24
Come on people, vote for the most 'normal' person in Da Capo, Mako!

Well that's just my personal preference, so...

But I wanna ask, are the Mizukoshi sisters not affected by the Sakura tree magic?

TheMadMan
2004-08-31, 20:26
Nemu is ultra cute cause she has a bell BUT I like Mako the best, she is the ... most... how do I put it... human? She is the most relatable character.

Keitaro
2004-08-31, 20:44
But I wanna ask, are the Mizukoshi sisters not affected by the Sakura tree magic?

Moe was supposely affected by the Sakura tree.It was only mentioned in the D.C game. It was all explained in the official Da Capo thread. I dont feel like explaining it so I suggest you do a search on it. Or better yet maybe someone else would be kind enough to explain it. Good Luck!

Onibaba
2004-08-31, 22:36
Nemu....kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Keitaro
2004-08-31, 23:39
Nemu....kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I admit Nemu is kawaii but Miharu and Kotori are even more kawaii :).

Kamui4356
2004-09-01, 00:15
Good to see there's still an interest in da capo.
Anyway, when this poll was first created I voted for nemu as I really didn't have a favorite at the time, but now I would have to say yoriko. Too bad I can't change my vote. Oh well nemu's good too.

Khaos
2006-03-15, 13:27
wow, found an old thread, but I'm watching Da Capo for the first time right now and I love it. :)
Finished episode 22 today and was almost crying with Yoriko's goodbye.
Ok, I really like Mako, Nemu and Kotori are also ok, but after this episode I just fell in love with that beautiful cat-girl.
Didn't like it her just being a maid the whole time, there should have been more for her...I think I need a cat and a huge sakura tree. ;)

ZeRoGravity
2006-03-15, 16:47
Kotori4thewin. This is mainly because of 2nd season. Kotori took care of Asakura when Nemu left him suddenly. Now nemu returns and shes gets booted out from the picture, wtf.

Theundyingmage
2006-03-15, 19:23
Kotori all the way!

RaistlinMajere
2006-03-15, 19:45
Kotori, easily number one. Nemu is number two and Yoriko for third.

Maceart
2006-03-15, 19:46
I agree with Bluemist here. Mako is the only normal girl of the bunch. And she's pretty much paired with the most awesome gay buddy ever to grace Anime TV, Suginami!

uLTraCarL-
2006-03-15, 20:03
Kotori for the win

Nemu needs to be killed twice. Once in each season.
http://ultracarl.com/pictures/heart_kotori.jpg
</3 NEMU </3

relentlessflame
2006-03-15, 20:14
This is why polls should be closed after a while... all of the existing votes to this question were based on people's feelings after season one (i.e. two years ago). Now witness the results skew based on factors that didn't exist two years ago (i.e. the second season), and we end up with an entirely useless poll. Not that these polls are ever useful, but still...

Sephiroth
2006-03-15, 23:37
But polls are fun ^^

Anyway seems like my vote for Kotori made her tied with Nemu as the favourite girl!!!

Kotori is just so cute and sweet and has a nice voice, I'm not into lolis so sakura and Nemu's out, Moe's too moe -.-", Mako's really normal and yuriko got my 2nd place vote!!! Ah banana girl... I just don't seem to like her. The other characters just doesn't make a big impression on me.

Yui... no I mean Kotori all the way!!!

dannyz
2006-03-16, 21:10
Yay my vote put Kotori over the top! 36 to 35 baby! Maybe in this poll we will prove the "Nemu Always Wins" Theory false and avenge my sweet sweet Kotori's demise in DCSS.

Forever
2006-03-16, 22:06
And my vote further pushes it to 37 for kotori!

Baka-neko
2006-03-17, 00:28
Kotori
Nemu is annoying and so is Moe after awhile.
Miharu would be second

Khaos
2006-03-17, 03:07
Anyway, why is Sakura that unpopular?
Ok, she is a little annoying, but she's also a tragic character with her tree, she has the most beautiful eyes of all the girls, she has a good heart and her "unya" is just too cute...oh well, she's just too young on the outside.
At some points I hoped, she would win against Nemu.

That's the problem of this series, the characters are all so well made, I can't dislike any of them. ;)

EdenB
2006-03-17, 05:22
Sakura, she's a fun character but has her serious story too. Seems to honestly love Jun'i'chi too and doesn't hit him with books. >.>

Second would proberly be Kotori or Mako.

Khaos
2006-03-17, 06:59
Yay, there ARE Sakura-fans out there.

I don't really like Moe and Miharu, they're too extreme fun characters...I mean, wtf about that xylophone...and Miharu's ambiguous Banana-fetish.
Nemu and Kotori are the typical beautiful lonely girls, a little cliché, but I like both.
Sakura and Yoriko are special, they seem to be fun characters on the first view but with a much deeper and sadder background.
And Mako, you just have to like her being the most normal character.

Knowname
2006-03-18, 02:22
After the first season I Loved Nemu HATED Sakura, the little gipsy. But with the second season now it's totally the OPPOSITE!!

Actually it was Miharu all the way. I hated how in the first season they just threw her to the side and forgot about her till the very end. BAH.
First season - 1.5 years ago
Second - just recently (STILL gotta see 26!!!)
Games - never

Knowname
2006-03-18, 02:40
Ditto here.

I think they should give us more time with Kotori, because she's an interesting character.

I wish we could hear Kotori sing a little more, and maybe give us some development on her character.
(Especially the issue of telepathy and stuff like that... )

(Though I doubt it'll happen. boo...

It's funny when this came up in the second season lol, she's like 'Noooooo no you don't.' And I'm like 'oh yeah! she could do that in the first season couldn't she???:D

Shinova
2006-03-18, 04:02
Kotori is my favorite. She's so sweet and there's just something really likeable about her that doesn't make her bland like many other 'super-super-nice girl' characters.

Recently I've taken to a philosophy that basically says to differentiate between the question of 'who is the best girl' from 'who is the best girl for <insert character>.' A nice example would be Naru and Keitaro. Naru's hardly the nicest character, but she was the best match for Keitaro compared to Mutsumi or the other girls.

So in that sense, I think Nemu may indeed have been the best choice for Juunichi.

But best girl period, in my opinion, is Kotori all the way.;)

EDIT: Second choice would be Mako. Definetly the most normal girl, like others have said. :)

Chiibi
2006-03-18, 09:11
I've only seen up to 5 eps but I already HATE Nemu. She's the exact type of anime girl I cannot stand.

So I vote for Sakura. I think she's adorable! Kotori is a very sweet girl with a lovely voice but Sakura...well I just can't help but like the anime clones of myself.:D *coughcoughuzuki-mamafromhappylessonismecoughcough*

Kamui4356
2006-03-18, 15:21
I've only seen up to 5 eps but I already HATE Nemu. She's the exact type of anime girl I cannot stand.
You're really going to hate her if you watch season two. I do, and I actually liked her during season one. It makes me wonder how many people that voted for nemu before would like to change their vote now. I know one person who would.:heh:

So I vote for Sakura. I think she's adorable! Kotori is a very sweet girl with a lovely voice but Sakura...well I just can't help but like the anime clones of myself.:D *coughcoughuzuki-mamafromhappylessonismecoughcough*
Their resemblence isn't a coincidence. I've heard the character designers for the two titles were friends, and shared their work for this instance.

rooboy
2006-03-18, 15:28
You're really going to hate her if you watch season two. I do, and I actually liked her during season one. It makes me wonder how many people that voted for nemu before would like to change their vote now. I know one person who would.:heh:
Really? I think I actually liked Nemu and Kotori both more in DCSS than in DC. The girl I liked more from first season than second was Miharu (which is funny, since she's not really in the first season except for a couple of episodes).

DrewGSR
2006-03-18, 15:29
Kotori ftw of course

Pellissier
2006-03-18, 16:03
Premise: I've watched (and liked a lot) just Da Capo Season 1 as for now.

Though I've already have it completed (italian fansubs delivered the last episode quite a while ago), I still haven't watched Season 2. So my judgement refers to season 1 solely.

And my preferred girls so far has always been Nemu. I like her sweetness, and somehow her weakness as well, makes me feel as wanting to protect her.
Admittedly I always had a weak spot for Kotori too, and I was quite sad when she was rejected by Junichi at the end of season 1. But she seems quite strong nonetheless. I know she's having a huge role in season 2, but as for now, it's Nemu for me :)

Chiibi
2006-03-18, 18:05
Their resemblence isn't a coincidence. I've heard the character designers for the two titles were friends, and shared their work for this instance.

No way! That's great:heh: I did think they were waaay too similar in both appearance and personality.;)