PDA

View Full Version : Is DarkAnime the same as Saiyaman?

wsheit
2003-11-21, 02:58
I assumed when I saw the Naruto release today that Saiyaman was using a different name or something....but when I watched the sub....

The picture quality was terrible and entire lines were left out- Saiyaman's most recent episodes have been pretty good? So is this Dark Anime just some new group?

zalas
2003-11-21, 03:00
I assumed when I saw the Naruto release today that Saiyaman was using a different name or something....but when I watched the sub....

The picture quality was terrible and entire lines were left out- Saiyaman's most recent episodes have been pretty good? So is this Dark Anime just some new group?
I wouldn't be surprised that a new group showed up. Hey, everyone wants to get on the Naruto bandwagon >_<

NoSanninWa
2003-11-21, 03:01
They are just some new group, they aren't the same as Saiyaman.

illuminatedwax
2003-11-21, 03:31
It's a real shame that fansub groups are now rushing subs out the door so they can be the first name that pops up on animesuki, instead of doing something well. It's true; lines were dropped, lines were paraphrased, and some lines were even expanded for some strange reason. I'll certainly be "chearing" for a new sub to come out. It won't be "waisting" your time to watch it.

--iw
You'd think that spending a lot of time reading words on a screen might improve grammar and spelling. What a crazy Internet.

LiQuid|J
2003-11-21, 08:32
illuminatedwax:

The true shame lies in the fact that all you people rush to download it.

Anax
2003-11-21, 18:48
Ehh, well, I downloaded because I figured "Hmm, new group, might as well." After seeing it, I'll be avoiding them for a while until I decide to see if they've improved. :)

Ainana
2003-11-21, 18:58
What's a worse shame is that I'm not caring that it's a bad quality...
Naruto is starting to drag with filler episodes....enough that I know I won't ever rewatch the fillers to care if a bad job was done...
arrrghhh!! I wish the story's pace would pick up!!

Mephisto03
2003-11-21, 22:37
A) Darkanime was members of saiyaman who wanted to start are own projects. Hence saiyuki reload and air master. When bakasan left saiyaman we decided to pick up naruto cause we could get it out just as fast as him and in avi format since he has decided to go rvmb.

B) It really wasn't "rushed" are translator took did his job at his pace and even extra, you don't get to see the trans file I get which is way more then what any other translator has given me on the side for information for timing. Also Since I had this help it was easier for me to time it thus making it not as long to time.

C) We don't have "professional" encoder. The project managaer knew how to encode so he said he would do it. I know how also but like him were not professionals we just know how to do it..

D) Our subs may not be as great as others but what do you expect really? what two things conflict with anything? time and quality. If you want it fast quality get lowered, if you want quality its going to be more time. thats how it is, sorry.

Also on another note I'm not doing the naruto timing anymore. We've gotten some more timers now and have a well expirenced person who can do it better and faster then me. Also we picked up a encoder who knows how to encode so he'll be doing that. Were sticking to no typesetting or kareoke though cause if you want it same day well, we can't provide that sorry.

Dorfl
2003-11-21, 23:32
I think a lot of other groups on various other projects have proved that you CAN get something out quickly without compromising on the quality. It doesn't have to be next day, it's not a race. If you're trying to provide something to your fans, shouldn't you provide them with something that both you and them could be proud to call your own?

Soulfang
2003-11-22, 01:08
Were sticking to no typesetting or kareoke though cause if you want it same day well, we can't provide that sorry.

You've got a week inbetween each episode to do a karaoke. Of course, from what I've seen with Saiyaman's crew and karaoke has not been good. :P

Mephisto03
2003-11-22, 01:57
Well see then theres whats a matter of opionon you'd say. We are proud of our releases. And naruto for us can be same day so we provide that. Were just trying to give fans the oppurtunity to be able to watch the most favorite and most demanded anime as quickly as a group can get it out. Our group is very close knit, were always online and everyone is always in contact with someone. So if the translator likes naruto and can do his job right when it aires and we can get the timing down 2 hours later cause the timer is online and then just give it to the encoder cause hes online anyways and then put it on the server right after so be it. Most of the team is from the states so its not a problem being online at the same time. So in the span of naruto releasing we can get it through all ou guys in the matter of a few hours cause we can. were not gonna say lets hold on to it for 2 days and then release it cause its not gonna get any better just sitting there or are me playing around in ssa for 5 more hours getting in perfect. I don't want to be in there for a long time, just what i have to be to line it up good the first time.

Your right though for the beginning themes you can basically just use the same titles but the ending is somewhat changes and thats another thing to retime now. Also we've never had someone that could do it good, again just be abe to do it (saiyaman). Since were not part of that anymore we don't use there help. I'm starting to play around with it but i'm just playing with it, nothing i would ever say should go on a final release.

What it comes down to though (for naruto) is if you wanna see it early, download the episode, watch it, enjoy it and be able to discuse it with your peers early. Then wait for anbu-aone or toriyama to release theres and get theres to keep for quality. Thats all were providingit for, so that you can have it early and get your naruto fix for the day. Whats more annoying then hearing people complain when is naruto subbed gonna be released?!?!? So now its like well its released the day it airs, enjoy. Keeps people from having to hear it in channels and forums over and over and over again. Plus then it gives better credit and more of a reason to download anbus and toriyamas cause it'll be better quality :P

But seriously now. Lets stop the bickering about our group cause other then naruto we do a fine job on our other animes we release and will be doing so near and far future.

"If you don't like it, don't download it, but just keep your mouth shut about it"

illuminatedwax
2003-11-22, 07:27
[openings, etc] I don't care about karaoke. I in fact *$#@ing hate them. I kind of like it when the intro/closing music is unsubbed.

"If you don't like it, don't download it, but just keep your mouth shut about it"

Absolutely correct (and that's ALL I'll say about that).

--Stephen

DarkSolidus
2003-11-22, 10:14
Guys im sorry the quality wasnt so good in the episode but remember, it was our first release so bear with us a little, we are planning to put a little more quality for next weeks episode though, including maybe a kareoke.
I wanted to get the episode out as soon as possible with the most quality that we could cause i know like me there are many naruto fans out there that want to watch the new episodes as fast as they can and thats the people i was aiming for.
Like mephisto said we are not the same group as saiyaman, we decided to work naruto ourselves since bakasan stopped doing it for saiyaman, i promise well try to give as much quality possible and as fast release as we can.
I hope you continue to support us and thank all those who dl the episode from us, i hope you liked it, with flaws and all :P.

Tenkoy
2003-11-22, 10:55
If you don't like it, don't download it, but just keep your mouth shut about it"

I disagree.

If you don't like something or think something's wrong, you SHOULD say something about it.

As a writer, I understand how valuable constructive critism can be. Of course, I believe flaming goes over the line, but if I felt the quality of the subtitles was lacking, I would definately say something. Not to insult, but to help the group improve.

Note: I have not watched the episode in question, but plan to sooner or later, and I WILL say how I feel on it. Because I would like to give my thoughts so that DarkAnime can do an even better job in the future.

<EDIT>

I just realized I actually did see the episode about a day ago. So I'll post what I think.

All in all, it was a pretty decent job. There were some lines a little bit iffy, but for the most part, you definately have the right rhythm and feel. I don't have any major complaints, other than a few iffy lines, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the episode. All in all, the fansub definately wasn't terrible, I'd say it was pretty decent. And considering the speed of the release, I would say it was a good deal. I'm looking forward to your later releases and will definately download them so I can see just how much you'll improve, and I'm sure you will.

orahteak
2003-11-22, 13:31
well i dont mean to be rude, i think that what you guys are doing is great and will improve over time. But when i sawthe first 5 seconds of darkanime's naruto, i could see the quality was worse then anbu. so i just stopped watching naruto. i just waited another day to get the great quality fan subs i expext form anbu. Free stuff is great, but better quality free is better. Could you guys release an episode of anime, non rushed--what you think is worthy fan-sub material, or just a little more time added into the production, and increase maybe the quality of the .avi Maybe its just me using bsplayer but i see a bit more fuzz in your release. This would show everyone the potential you hold and what you guys can do if you set really set your minds to it.

Mitchell
2003-11-22, 19:46
I downloaded naruto 59 from darkanime, waited for about 1 day and there was onluy music -_- darkanime is terrible

Anax
2003-11-22, 23:10
Yup, didn't mean it to be a harsh criticism, just a suggestion to favor quality over time for a bit. :) Specific issues I had with it:

You should use a higher bitrate for the encode, or take the time you need to get the parameters right for the encode to go well (huge macroblocking and crawling background issues).

It's important to not miss subbing entire lines. This is the most glaring kind of error that editing should pick up.

I noticed one spot where the word "sharingan" was mentioned in the audio, but the translated line only said "these eyes." That's another good thing to avoid.

After the above sorts of issues are worked out, look to fix spelling and capitalization mistakes.

Anyway, good luck to you and keep on going! It's hard to do really high quality subs, but it's worthwhile. :)

get_a_life
2003-11-23, 09:29

hmm... what i think is if you choose to criticize something, you should at least have some experience in it first. i mean if you can easily say it was "terrible," how about you give it a try and fansub it yourself? fansubbing is such a time consuming job and not to mention they all do it FOR FREE. they're not doing it only for themselves you know. they do it for you. so be thankful.

sure there were a few mistakes but who fucking cares? as long as you see it and understand it then they've done their job.

i found a small little knit-pick though. "cheer" was misspelled twice as "chear." i thought that was funny.

keep the fan subs going!

^danshi^
2003-11-23, 12:43
I downloaded naruto 59 from darkanime, waited for about 1 day and there was onluy music -_- darkanime is terrible
I suggest you to look into the Playback Help forum...

Pebble
2003-11-23, 14:48
Well, after all these depressing posts, I wanted to thank Darkanime. Actually I was so happy and surprised to find the last episode of one of my favourite anime a couple of days before the usual release from ANBU & AnimeOne that I didn’t care to the lower quality or minor things like this. There were also some timing problems, and maybe some translation ones (I guess, regarding Tenkoy’s post), but I really did enjoy it. And I agree with Mephisto03’s last comment : I just downloaded the “better” one two days later to get the few words I would have missed before and to watch the karaoke :p

Good work Darkanime, keep on bringing bliss to us ! (or to me at least ;))

Ferret593151903
2003-11-23, 15:57
Hey guys, I'm the Project Manager from Darkanime and I would like to say that we are going to have Karaoke and typesetting on the furture releases of Naruto from us at hopefully the same amount of time it took last time. Also I have a very experienced encoder working on the series now so expect a hell of alot better quality. I apoligize for the poor quality last time but like Mephisto03 said, we didn't have a professional encoder for that particalur episode. But like I said, you can expect much better quality for Naruto from us in the future. And, as time goes on, things will get better and better as you can probably expect. Thank you all.

Ferret593151903
2003-11-23, 16:20
Hey guys, this is the Project Manager for Darkanime. I would like to say that we are going to have Karaoke and typesetting for the next episode and future episodes of Naruto from us. Sorry for the poor quality but now for the future we are going to have a professional encode now for naruto also. So all in all the releases are going to be of alot higher quality and still be released at the same speed of our prevoius release. Just please understand that that episode was Darkanime's first speed release and we have learned from our mistakes and the constructive criticism. Thanks to all that helped.

Rigel
2003-11-24, 00:45
Pebbble, I couldn't have said it better my self. Seriously people, I know that we are all addicted to anime and all but give the complaining a rest. Look at it this way, can you speak fluent Japanese and do you get channels from Japan? If it was not for fansub groups out there WE WOULDN"T HAVE ANYTHING TO WATCH. So what if you don't like the quality or think that the wording was wrong, at least you have it to watch and that's the main point. Props to Darkanime for taking the effort to give us something to watch.

DarkSolidus
2003-11-24, 12:42
I disagree.

If you don't like something or think something's wrong, you SHOULD say something about it.

As a writer, I understand how valuable constructive critism can be. Of course, I believe flaming goes over the line, but if I felt the quality of the subtitles was lacking, I would definately say something. Not to insult, but to help the group improve.

Note: I have not watched the episode in question, but plan to sooner or later, and I WILL say how I feel on it. Because I would like to give my thoughts so that DarkAnime can do an even better job in the future.

<EDIT>

I just realized I actually did see the episode about a day ago. So I'll post what I think.

All in all, it was a pretty decent job. There were some lines a little bit iffy, but for the most part, you definately have the right rhythm and feel. I don't have any major complaints, other than a few iffy lines, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the episode. All in all, the fansub definately wasn't terrible, I'd say it was pretty decent. And considering the speed of the release, I would say it was a good deal. I'm looking forward to your later releases and will definately download them so I can see just how much you'll improve, and I'm sure you will.

I completely agree with you, its good to hear people's suggestions, and we are always welcome to them, specially me. But there is a limit to everything, and when you insult and say a fansub sucks, that kinda surpasses that limit, its no longer positive criticism just bull.
But i get your point and agree with it. And im glad you liked our release, it was our first so there where a few bugs, but we pretend to make it a whole lot better next time.

GipFace
2003-11-24, 14:10
If people are silent, you won't get any better.

Personally, when someone says my work sucks, it makes me want to improve.

NenMaster
2003-11-24, 20:40
god is it me, do u hate it when people say, "if its so shit why dont you try and do it yourself" argggg, they do it because they want to, we watch cause we want to, if we wanted to make crap we will, if we wanted to watch crap we will!

like a doctor doing a operation on you, they mess up and cut ure maggot off and then they say, "well why dont you try if u think u can"
whats the diffrence, they are both doing a job, poor at that but thats what they wanted to do

/me welcomes the flames

It4ch[I]
2003-11-28, 23:51

there's sumthin' called codec... :bash:

archzai
2003-11-29, 10:04
Originally Posted by Mephisto03"
If you don't like it, don't download it, but just keep your mouth shut about it"

seriously... i totally agree...

some people here... if all you know is how to fucking complain... then don't even bother posting... some of you guys are really lame... when all u can do is bash other people's work when frankly... u probably couldn't do much better... EVERYONE starts somwhere.... and if all ur gonna do is make fun of it... then seriously.... shut the fuck up....

aite... meophisto03... i watched ep 59 from your fansub group... what i can say is... u guys have done really well... and bascially... just work on the clarity of some of the lines... : / ... that was my main concern... it was sorta hard to understand at times... and other times.... u guys put all the lines from the next few seconds all in one frame... n then it disappears... ie... when Naruto is talking to Hinata... and he says "i thot u were sort of dark and wierd at first.... but now i like you"... he actually didnt say the "now i like you" until it changed the scene and focused on naruto's face... but then u guys put it all into one sentence and left no sub for that portion... it took me a while ot realize that it was all in the last frame :) hehe thats about it... the timing ands splitting up the lines i guess.... i gues su guys couldve done "i thot u were sort of dark and weird at first...." then when they focus on naruto and he's saying he likes hinata... then say "but now i lke you" ... all for the sake of clarity :) hope that helps...

whatever123
2003-11-29, 14:46
god is it me, do u hate it when people say, "if its so shit why dont you try and do it yourself" argggg, they do it because they want to, we watch cause we want to, if we wanted to make crap we will, if we wanted to watch crap we will!

like a doctor doing a operation on you, they mess up and cut ure maggot off and then they say, "well why dont you try if u think u can"
whats the diffrence, they are both doing a job, poor at that but thats what they wanted to do

/me welcomes the flames

first a doctor gets PAID to do his job

second its not thier JOB to translate they translate because they want to do so

Ferret593151903
2003-11-29, 15:36
Guys, will yall just stop argueing. Thats not the point of this forum. I would like to commend Darkanime for stepping up the quality of there Naruto 60 release. Well done guys and thanks for all your hard work. Now, I would like to see what the rest of you all thought about it. Thanks.