PDA

View Full Version : Blame!

Atarun
2004-05-21, 15:48
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for websites dedicated to Nihei Tsutomu's Blame!
So far I've only found outdated ruins and book commentaries...
And if there are fans here, I would enjoy talking about it a lot!

Sorry for my approximative english :(
And thanks, anyway :)

Psyonara
2004-05-25, 15:53
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for websites dedicated to Nihei Tsutomu's Blame!
So far I've only found outdated ruins and book commentaries...
And if there are fans here, I would enjoy talking about it a lot!

Sorry for my approximative english :(
And thanks, anyway :)

www.omanga.net

has blame!, and it's prequel, noise!

Ialdaboth
2004-05-26, 10:09
http://cyberdungeon.free.fr/cyberdungeon.html

In French, sorry but good Blame fansites are hard to come by. T_T

btw what do you think of the "So On" artbook ? ^^

Dhomochevsky
2004-05-26, 22:14
It think I`d be glad if I could find that artbook in english or german somewhere... :heh:

I found two additional links to blame sites:

http://www.cyberiacafe.ch/Tsutomu/Blame/ a little summary and some pictures and artwork

http://www.studiokrum.com/blame/blamepag.html site dedicated to Nihei Tsutomu in general though most is about BLAME! of course ;)

http://www.teamdiska.de/blame/index.php <- some blame forum i came across... seems to be not very crowded, last post is from 2 month ago
So if you want to talk about blame, better do it right here. :)

Slade
2004-08-20, 12:02
Don't mind all caps title as that is the name of the series :D.

Blame is a unique manga series, the art style is unlike I've ever seen before and the storyline is dark and interesting.

Most of the manga deals with technology following the characters Cibo and Killy who are looking for traces of the orginal human beings, the ones that are not cloned from someone, or something else. So they work their way up through the underground dealing with various threats and overcoming them.

I recommend this series to anyone that wouldn't mind something with a unique style of art and a dark, twisted storyline.

Here's a wallpaper I recently made from a cover. I had to take out alot of the cluster filling the image. This should do better as a wallpaper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/BatousaiJ/Wallpapers/Blamewall.jpg

The character featured there is Cibo.

Edit-

That's funny. I did a Search on "BLAME!" and "BLAME" and did not find this thread. :twitch:

Hah, I just did the search again and there it is. The search feature is screwing with me. :bash:

hooliganj
2004-08-20, 14:18
So weird that this would pop up today, as I just finished this series.

I had a question, though, in case anyone more familiar with Nihei Tsutomu's work can answer:

In the last panel of Volume 10, what was going on? It looked like the sphere was about to hatch, then one odd cut later (normal for Blame!, I know) Killey has his gun out and is about to shoot at something off-panel, and there's somebody else in the water behind him.

And then it just ends. WTH?

And search didn't bring anything up for me two days ago when I was looking. Maybe it doesn't pick up on older threads.

mishka
2007-07-18, 21:18
I just started reading the manga after watching the 6 five-minute series.....I never read manga, but Blame! the series was like a teaser for the manga! So short that made wanna know more!

So anyways....I'm on volume#3. And I was wondering why the anime is so short while the manga seems fairly long? Did they cover everything in the OVA?

mishka
2007-07-19, 22:29
I know there's the OVA, but it's a pretty bad one! the episodes are 5 minutes long, and you can't really tell what's going on. I know it would have been a popular anime if they made it.....does anyone know if there will be one...or if there are any plans on making it (and this time getting it RIGHT)?!

G. Zeus
2007-07-22, 04:33
I just started reading the manga after watching the 6 five-minute series.....I never read manga, but Blame! the series was like a teaser for the manga! So short that made wanna know more!

So anyways....I'm on volume#3. And I was wondering why the anime is so short while the manga seems fairly long? Did they cover everything in the OVA?
Hoorah for necromancers. :p

The 6-episode OVA is just loosely based on some portions of the manga. Many details are changed to give more emphasis and mystery to Cibo's role. The characters shown in the anime are just a small fraction of the entire cast featured in the manga and given the epic scale of the story, there are quite a few of them.

So, yes, the anime is merely a teaser of sorts for the manga which has a longer and more complex storyline.

P.S.
Killy only shoots his gun once in the anime. THAT IS SOOO WRONG!:twitch:

G. Zeus
2007-07-22, 05:12
son, i blame anime for all kinds of stuff... my lack of social life, love life, good grades, job... anime is takin some blame.
:confused: You lost me there.

I know there's the OVA, but it's a pretty bad one! the episodes are 5 minutes long, and you can't really tell what's going on. I know it would have been a popular anime if they made it.....does anyone know if there will be one...or if there are any plans on making it (and this time getting it RIGHT)?!
Well, it's a seinen title. Perhaps they think that the average Naruto and Bleach fanboys wouldn't have the brainpower necessary to put 1 and 1 together to make sense of the story. :eyebrow: As I mentioned in the Blame! thread which you've recently necromanced, the anime OVAs were probably meant to be teasers for the manga itself.

Besides, recall the amount of havoc caused whenever the Gravity Beam Emitter is used (5 whole pages may be devoted to illustrating the effects of a single shot). Add to that the structural damage caused by "regular" (non-GBE) combat, the summoning of lesser Safeguards, high-level Safeguards spawning inside the Megastructure, the detailed clothing and appearances, large and complicated perspective shots, high-speed combat of characters such as Musubi and Schiff, the mobilization of the Safeguard armies, etc, etc.

The action would be very costly to animate and based on the popularity (or lack thereof) of the manga, not enough people would be buying it to make up for the costs.

mishka
2007-07-22, 12:31
So I'm on LOG. 22 now....and WOW. I have never read Manga before because I thought I'd get bored.....but it's quite fun and I haven't got bored at all!:heh:

And what really made me laugh was the "height issue." So do we know exactly how tall Killy is?!

G. Zeus
2007-07-22, 12:51
I have never read Manga before because I thought I'd get bored.....but it's quite fun and I haven't got bored at all!:heh:

And what really made me laugh was the "height issue." So do we know exactly how tall Killy is?!
If you thought that reading manga would be boring, I can't even imagine what you'd think about reading 1400-page novels like Les Miserables. :heh:

As for the height, it's rather hard to tell. If you have read Planetes before, you'd be familiar with the idea of varying heights due to the different intensities of gravity depending on where one grows up. Since the size of the Megastructure is approximately equal to the size of Jupiter's orbit, there's no reliable point of comparison for Blame!. However...

since the author has mentioned that Killy is approximately 3000+ years old, if he had already been present in the Netsphere's earliest days on Earth and if he is still using the same body from that time, then his height would probably be more or less "average" by our standards.

mishka
2007-07-22, 13:22
:confused: You lost me there.

Well, it's a seinen title. Perhaps they think that the average Naruto and Bleach fanboys wouldn't have the brainpower necessary to 1 and 1 together to make sense of the story. :eyebrow: As I mentioned in the Blame! thread which you've recently necromanced, the anime OVAs were probably meant to be teasers for the manga itself.

LOL!

yeah they're teasers alright. I would have never even looked at the manga if the OVA wasn't so UNSATISFYING!:heh:

The action would be very costly to animate and based on the popularity (or lack thereof) of the manga, not enough people would be buying it to make up for the costs.

what!!?:( Why wouldn't someone want to watch Killy shoot that gun of his and cause "havoc" all over the place....And I can't think of any right now, but haven't there been anime with as much action and havoc as BLAME!

xeenx77
2007-07-23, 02:53
you need to go tohttp://www.google.com and search
blame OK

xeenx77
2007-07-23, 02:55
or you can go on http://www.yahoo.com

mishka
2007-07-30, 21:31
I read on wikipedia.org that there's going to be "A full-length CGI render movie is planned to be released, based on the story-line of the manga series." IS THIS TRUE? There wasn't any more info about it....does anyone have a link, or more info, or a release date?! or ANYTHING?! ;p Is it even true?

mishka
2007-08-01, 19:42
So weird that this would pop up today, as I just finished this series.

I had a question, though, in case anyone more familiar with Nihei Tsutomu's work can answer:

In the last panel of Volume 10, what was going on? It looked like the sphere was about to hatch, then one odd cut later (normal for Blame!, I know) Killey has his gun out and is about to shoot at something off-panel, and there's somebody else in the water behind him.

And then it just ends. WTH?

And search didn't bring anything up for me two days ago when I was looking. Maybe it doesn't pick up on older threads.

I just finished reading the manga too...and I think what the ending meant was that:
Killy's gotten to the "uncontaminated area." and that the "Kanasan and Cibo's baby" is being "born" or hatching!! and as for the cut, it was just to let us know that Killy lived despite being shot in the head and all those injuries.

D a m i e n
2007-08-02, 07:54
@OP : if interrest in this author there is another serie from Nihei Tsutomu named abara (or abarra) but it s been release in france (by glenat) so you prolly already know about it.

u43368
2007-10-20, 21:19
Oh mah god, how have I not noticed this wonderful manga?! I got volume 1, and it kicks ass. The lonely, depressing atmosphere just pulls you in, and I love open ended stories, even if it's pretty minimal. Anyone played the game Baroque? This manga really reminds me of it, with the bizarre machine creatures.

DieH@rd
2007-11-08, 19:19
I've just finished reading last volume... Oh my gawd, this is the best manga I have ever read.

When I saw him in the rain, chills went down my spine. And that final scene... He fireing his gun, with newborn human girl behind him. Fitting end for Killy. Always in the dark, always shooting stuff. :)

And did anyone saw new Blame! Prologue videos?? They released 2 videos, 4 minutes each, all from upcoming full lenght movie. They look OK, but all of charachers have a little "plastic" look.

I dont know if this upcoming movie is licenced, but you can find those short videos here:
http://requiem-anime.net/

G. Zeus
2007-12-16, 00:36
Oh man. I think I just orgasmed.

Up until now, I thought that the movie was just some fan speculation. Unlike the 6-episode OVA which left viewers a wtf? state of confusion, these new clips just scream awesome. It's an audio-visual feast of cyberpunk, I can't wait to see the complete movie! :eek:

mishka
2008-03-15, 15:42
okay so how come there has been no updates about the CG movie? I read on ANN that they stated making it last summer.....they should start a website or something! I'm tired of searching the web for info that doesn't exist! :/

and just for fun: I was thinking they should use some Daft Punk songs or Rammstein for the soundtrack! :D It'd be perfect...:D

Avisch
2008-03-15, 17:12
After seeing this thread. I realized I hadn't read Blame! in a long time.
So I decided to recall feelings on it (http://greathesit.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/blame-by-tsutomu-nihei-looking-back/)

Also: Cibo is <3