PDA

View Full Version : Anime with snow in it

zazery
2003-11-22, 20:15
I'm rather new to these forums but I was wondering which anime series have snow in them. I'd like to watch them over christmas holiday.

Thanks in advance for the input,
Eric

gravitation
2003-11-22, 21:08
ermm lol sorry i can only think of one and you may have already seen it...Kanon. I saw a few eps of that, very snowy and its an okey anime, the faces are drawn weird but tis kool ^_^

ChibiDusk
2003-11-22, 21:41
Spiral [ep12 I think]
is a christmas episode
well actually the eve of christmas eve...
But they do lots of Christmasy stuff.

and if you are willing to rent a movie try
Tenchu the movie 2: The Daughter of Drakness
where the whole movie takes place at christmas.

I watched it at an anime party lasy year and it is really good.

Another is Jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu
[somewhere around ep17+]

Hm, and tenchi universe [not sure at all what ep]

Most romance anime has
a little snowy or chritmas episode.

Well, thats all I can think of at the moment

bluemist
2003-11-22, 21:55
Kanon
To Heart
Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar (hence the snow!)
Sister Princess

Mr. Bushido
2003-11-22, 22:01
Love Hina Christmas special?

okashi
2003-11-22, 22:21
Wolf's Rain has a lot of snow in it. There is even a city called Freeze City.

ARNEL98
2003-11-22, 23:10
tiny snow fairy sugar has a little bit of snow in it ;)
its one of those cutey type animes...

Also saikano has some snow in the beginning, as well as fruits basket.

Gaara11
2003-11-22, 23:44
Kenshin OVA has snow on it and its great for Christmas, oro. ^_^

Laguna
2003-11-23, 17:39
Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru - Somehow, when I think about this series the first thing that comes into my mind is snowy scenes at countryside of hokkaido.. very nice. Series is licensed, but well worth of buying.

Popotan & Love hina: Nice christmas eps..

Poyayan
2003-11-23, 22:42
lol. That's the funnest criteria that I ever heard for watching anime. Pretty cute though...:) I presume you are thinking about anime that match the holiday spirit, but just having snow sometimes doesn't cut it. What happens if it sucks? *I am still laughing*

zazery
2003-11-23, 22:47
Thanks for all the replies. I'm currently formatting and installing a new hard drive sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

Out of all the anime you guys/girls suggested I've seen a few of them:

Spiral
Love Hina
Kanon

I'll look into a few of them that you guys suggested like: Tenchu the movie 2: The Daughter of Drakness.

Do any of you know where to get some high quality screenshots of snow scenes from anime. I like drawing a lot and would like to print some out as a reference because I don't usually like drawing infront of the computer besides with my tablet.

thanks so much!

FMPFaN83
2003-11-24, 06:52
LOL just please do yourself a favor and stay away from Wolf's Rain. -- No offense but I struggled through the first 4 episodes and it was so not worth it, We all love snow but is snow really worth it? ^_^

Laguna
2003-11-24, 09:32
LOL just please do yourself a favor and stay away from Wolf's Rain. -- No offense but I struggled through the first 4 episodes and it was so not worth it, We all love snow but is snow really worth it? ^_^

Of course this is subjective thing, as always with opinions.. but still, Wolf's rain has been one of the most respected anime series of year. You are actually the first one I heard disliking it. I wouldn't recommend it for "snowy anime" tho, cause it has very dark overall tones and I don't think that's what original starter of topic was searching for.

Vulkar
2003-11-24, 12:40
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz has snow in it...

monir
2003-11-24, 14:14
I'm rather new to these forums but I was wondering which anime series have snow in them. I'd like to watch them over christmas holiday.

Thanks in advance for the input,
Eric
Ranma 1/2, Season 5, Episode 13..It's christmas episode with snow..win win situation..

ChibiDusk
2003-11-24, 14:45
Tenchu the movie 2: The Daughter of Drakness.

Sry about that.
It was a spelling error:

I meant Tenchi the movie 2: Daughter of Darkness
[I hate my spelling @_@]

http://www.reinhartgraphics.com/TnchMov2.gif
And there is a gallery with screens here:
http://www.moretenchipics.com/pics/movie2/Page1.htm

anyways, on episode 9 of Scrapped Princess, there is some snow.

EDIT - Spelling error T_T
EDIT - Tag error
EDIT - Added Pics

Kyuven
2003-11-24, 16:43
the kenshin OVAs ("Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal") and Endless Waltz both take place during the winter (well, Betrayal does for the kenshin ones)
and you're only HALF right about the Tenchi movie: there are 2 christmas scenes but most of the movie takes place around summer ("Startica" in the movie)

ChibiDusk
2003-11-24, 17:10
Still, I find it more of a christmas movie. Well hell, theres a chritmas tree on the cover!

Archuka
2003-11-25, 14:03
Of course this is subjective thing, as always with opinions.. but still, Wolf's rain has been one of the most respected anime series of year. You are actually the first one I heard disliking it. I wouldn't recommend it for "snowy anime" tho, cause it has very dark overall tones and I don't think that's what original starter of topic was searching for.

I didn't like Wolf's Rain either. There was one interesting scene, the fight with that gatling equipped robot thingy. The story progressed soo slowly and I thought the idea of wolves looking like people is incredibly silly for a serious anime. How do they explain wolves getting injured in their human form torso when standing? Also, how can a wolf hold on to two items at once?

Keitaro
2003-11-25, 15:22
Try Popotan I think its Christmas everyday for them girls

I liked Wolf's Rain, except the ending it kinda sucked. I find idea of Wolfs appearing in human form very interesting.