PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie, do ppl not like it?

shiznitty
2003-11-23, 16:05
has anybody here seen cromartie high? its probably the most bizzarre thing ever, and probably should receive more credit, but there always seems to be no one downloading it. Am i the only one why enjoys it?

a_nevels666
2003-11-23, 16:15
has anybody here seen cromartie high? its probably the most bizzarre thing ever, and probably should receive more credit, but there always seems to be no one downloading it. Am i the only one why enjoys it?

I like it, but this type of humor just isn't for everyone.

Gaara11
2003-11-23, 17:53
I like the show for what it is, a shallow comedy. But having Freddie Mercury in it makes this show a must see for me. :D

Tritium
2003-11-23, 17:56
Freddie Mercury WTF :twitch:

Gaara11
2003-11-23, 18:06
Freddie Mercury WTF :twitch:
I'm guessin' u haven't seen an episode of Cromartie.

Kempis Curious
2003-11-23, 22:16

There was a thread somewheres that showed how people either loved it or hated it.

Out of the many hundreds of animes I've seen, the 3rd ep of this anime was the only one that had me hysterically laughing the entire show. :D :D :D I love humor that makes fun of people that are too serious.

I'm guessing that if you hate the show, you're probably one those people who thinks there's too much frivolity in the world.

But that might be non-constructively cynical.

Oh well. :fingers: Is what I say if you don't like the show. And look, I shake my butt at you:
(_/_) (_|_) (_\_) (_|_) (_/_) (_|_)

-k

Hunter
2003-11-23, 22:41
This anime is totally retarded.
This is why I like it :p

Banisher
2003-11-24, 13:23
Cromartie looks like a bad copy of Sexy Commando / Sugoi yo, Masaru-san to me. But I still like it.

a_nevels666
2003-11-24, 14:17
Cromartie looks like a bad copy of Sexy Commando / Sugoi yo, Masaru-san to me. But I still like it.

Why a bad copy? I like this at least as much as Sexy Commando.

It does have the same type of humor...

Izzy
2003-11-24, 14:46
I like the show....out of all the comedies out there besides FMP~F? is the only ones that make me laugh very hard....and its a rareity for me to laugh on most of the comedies out there :eek:

Kempis Curious
2003-11-24, 19:21

It does have the same type of humor...

A portion of the comedy is dumbfounding psycho humor like Sexy Commando or the original Di Gi Charat. The "main character" doing his dance on the bus is a good example of this.

I wish I could remember his name. :( I remember Freddy, the Gorilla, Maeda, and Mechazawa... :D oh well.

The funniest parts to me are the serious characters doing stupid things, which reminds me more of Monty Python, or the awful movies that get shown on Mystery Science Theatre 3000. An example of that is when the delinquents were intensely humming that stupid folk song... with only their nostrils animated. That almost killed me.

And props to whoever that was who posted the mp3 of the orginal song. Now I can hum it too. :) Ningen nante la la la la la la laaaa

-k

Proz
2003-11-24, 19:30
Standard post thread..

It's been an enjoyable series. There has been some "groaner" episodes that made me roll my eyes, then there has been some episodes that gave me ROOFLES.

But like how others have commented, I think Sexy Commando was better, but this is still worth getting into.

NenMaster
2003-11-24, 21:04
i may restart this, but i dumped this after the second ep, it trys 2 much to be funny imo

Tommy
2003-11-25, 03:29
I think this is a pretty good series, good off the wall humor and yes it does have some crappy episodes but just about all series do. I didnt like sexy commando at all I could only make it through two episodes.

But the best is still Ping Pong Club in my book.

Laguna
2003-11-25, 12:08
Some weird way the humor of this series reminds me of azumanga daioh.. it's like azumanga daioh with highschool delinquents in place of high school girls!.. err yeah. Anyways, I like it very much.. Just plain peculiarity of the series, with strange out-of-place extra characters makes it intresting. Oh yeah, and there is Chiou-chan's fathers voice in it :D

CommS007
2003-11-25, 12:18
i may restart this, but i dumped this after the second ep, it trys 2 much to be funny imo

Episodes 1 and 2 were quite ok and a little bit meh at times.
But 3 to 8 were quite great :D Well, at least a lot funnier to me :)

Kempis Curious
2003-11-25, 16:37
But the best is still Ping Pong Club in my book.

Ping Pong is very filthy and disgusting, but also extremely funny. :D It didn't have the limitations which TV puts on Cromartie, though, so it's kinda unfair to compare them.

Also, it seems that Cromartie has a very limited animation budget. :confused: Does anyone know why?

-k

curious

Go-lytely
2003-11-26, 13:22

It doesnt seem to be your type of humor if you didnt even like the first two eps even a little. So restarting it would probably be a waste of time. I like it even though it is sometimes inconsistent.

Banisher
2003-11-26, 14:30

Because it tends to be the same kind of humor, but less funny. Having the same joke running for 10 minutes (the ep where they try to figure out what song mechazawa is hmming) is somewhat boring. At the beginning it was funny... At the end I felt relieved that this ep was over.

Kempis Curious
2003-11-27, 02:44
Because it tends to be the same kind of humor, but less funny. Having the same joke running for 10 minutes (the ep where they try to figure out what song mechazawa is hmming) is somewhat boring. At the beginning it was funny... At the end I felt relieved that this ep was over.

For some reason it was the opposite for me. Maybe I was in the right mood for it, but that episode had me rotflmao.... it was the funniest thing I'd seen since the Pilate-Centurian scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian". I thought the joke wasn't repeated, but rather built-up with the culmination being the whole group of delinquents intensely humming the damn song as a choir on stage. Freddy and the Gorilla included. :D

My mood at the time was bittersweet, I'd just seen the very sad penultimate episode to Akage no Anne and my emotions were a bit wobbly. :upset: Who knows?

-k

ningen nante la la lalalala laaaaaa

Kempis Curious
2003-11-27, 02:49
It doesnt seem to be your type of humor if you didnt even like the first two eps even a little. So restarting it would probably be a waste of time. I like it even though it is sometimes inconsistent.

That's curious isn't it? I liked the anime after the very first joke... "He ate my pencil!"

-k

Go-lytely
2003-11-27, 13:10
That's curious isn't it? I liked the anime after the very first joke... "He ate my pencil!"

-k

Yep, just goes to show you that people have very different tastes in anime and not everyone will like the same thing. However, some people get very defensive if you don't like what they like. That's why I dont listen to other people's opinions or reviews because I know in the end, the only way I'll know if I like a series is if I watch it myself.