PDA

View Full Version : Licensed Bobobo-bo Bobobo

Mb81
2003-11-24, 11:06
Well, i cannot prove it, but i heard, that 4kids owns Bo-Bobo already. But lets wait an see *g*.

monir
2003-11-24, 14:06
Aha Aha..You know what would have made the content of this thread more interesting? If you would have talked about the nose hair being used as whip. Since there is no confirmation of Booboo being licensed, I wonder if a Booboo thread should even exist in the Dvd & Licensed section of the forum.

Spyre
2003-11-25, 02:53
I hope its the case. This anime is crazy :eyespin:

Where did you hear this rumor?

Tabiree
2003-11-25, 10:41
Until you know for sure someone has licensed it, or can atleast hear beyond a rumour that isn't even on a webpage, don't bother.

Mb81
2003-11-25, 13:53
Until you know for sure someone has licensed it, or can atleast hear beyond a rumour that isn't even on a webpage, don't bother.

Well; i write now a email; lets see, how 4kids will answer...

JAppi
2003-11-25, 14:09
Hmm, most likely 4kids will butcher it.

Mb81
2003-12-03, 12:54
Hmm, most likely 4kids will butcher it.

Well, i mailed them now a second time and i will not give up till i get the answer...
But this isn`t about the anwser; i would bet my right arm that they already got the show...

caven
2004-01-12, 21:08
Just watched it. It was so stupid, in fact if it wasnt so stupid it'd just be terrible. Just weird.

MasafumiGotoh
2004-01-12, 21:21
Yes it is stupid and I love it just like Sakigake Cromartie High!! Anyways I think there is a thread on bbobobobobobobobo already. Use the search button next time. I know who can make you like bobobobobo. Speak to JAppi and youll be brainwashed!!!

NoSanninWa
2004-01-12, 21:37
Just searched for it myself and I couldn't find a thread on Bobobo~bo Bo~bobo so this thread shall remain here unless anyone can prove me wrong.

I just watched this show myself. It was... well I have to admit that its stupid weirdness was the only thing that saved it from being completely awful. It was just too weird to hate. I don't think I'll be downloading a second episode though.

tanuki
2004-01-13, 05:01
Just searched for it myself and I couldn't find a thread on Bobobo~bo Bo~bobo so this thread shall remain here unless anyone can prove me wrong.

I just watched this show myself. It was... well I have to admit that its stupid weirdness was the only thing that saved it from being completely awful. It was just too weird to hate. I don't think I'll be downloading a second episode though.

I believe the thread was started last year prior to the forum software change. My recollection is that an individual wanted one of the fansub groups to pick-up Bobobo but nobody seemed interested at the time. To draw attention to the project that person produced and released a quick and badly translated sub of first show. The forum message thread I'm thinking of was in response to that.

Radd
2004-01-13, 05:15
I thought it was great! Could this be the greatest anime epic of all time?! My girlfriend worries about me. The other guy I showed it to immeadiately left town afterwards. But I liked it.

You do need a certain appreciation for utter lunacy to like a show like this. It does make no sense, but then that's the point.

The Xenos
2004-01-13, 06:31
Man, yeah, this was so absurd and crazy, it was great. Dunno if this is worse (or rather better) than Cromartie High. Meh, jsut different in its weirdness. Gotta check out more of both.

-Xenos

Walküre
2004-01-13, 07:18
...finally someone was crazy enough to start a Thread for this totaly weird and crazy Anime.

After watching it i didnt really know what to say, its just so crazy and sick that its funny in some way :hmm:
Im still unsure if i should continue with this Series or not, but i guess I'll do anyway.

and i thought FLCL was weird :bash:

As this is my first Post here, i want to Introduce my self with this Post.

Im a 27 Years old Guy from Germany, I love Pasta and Video Games :bow:
Im reading this Forum since quiet a while but was always to lazy to register ;)

My Top 3 Animes at the Moment are Full Metal Alchemist / Peace Maker Kurogane and Chrno Crusade

-Walküre-

Panon
2004-01-13, 10:10
Totally awesome. Hope Mugen keep up the good work, ep 1 was quality.

The fact this went so long not being subbed makes the oversubbing of dreck like Chrno Crusade even more criminal.

marin
2004-01-13, 13:23
:twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :hmm: :confused:

Kurara
2004-01-13, 14:37
I thought it was really funny ^^;;; But the battle scene actually bored me.. o-o;; Don't ask why.. I don't know. I'm looking forward to see more episodes..

pezzed3
2004-01-13, 14:44
Definitely a crazy show... but well worth the watch

Spyre
2004-01-13, 16:02
I believe the thread was started last year prior to the forum software change. My recollection is that an individual wanted one of the fansub groups to pick-up Bobobo but nobody seemed interested at the time. To draw attention to the project that person produced and released a quick and badly translated sub of first show. The forum message thread I'm thinking of was in response to that.
I belive youre referring to this thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=808&highlight=bobobo).

Mugen had been working on ep one since it first aired in november (and had actually planned on doing this series since we first found out there would be an anime, as a couple of us had read the manga). The reason it came out so late was due to a variety of reasons, but it was mostly exams and my own 1 month vacation. Episode 2 should not take nearly as long as the first one, and should be out shortly. :)

Thanks for all the support guys, I can tell this is gonna be one hell of a series. More like Sexy Commando than Cromartie imho though ;)

marin
2004-01-14, 06:29
Yes, very much like Sexy Commando.

It was so incredibly awful that it was absolute genius.

:hmm:

PurpleDucky
2004-01-14, 06:57
It's complete and utterly flippin' nonsese. :twitch: Mind you, I LIKE nonsense... I'm the only person in my group of friends that liked Sexy Commando, for instance. I... think I like Bobobo. I love the opening. But it's just SO damned disconnected and surreal and well, gross....

I'm reserving judgement. I'm a masochist, I'll be getting the second episode. :heh:

tanuki
2004-01-14, 15:02
I belive youre referring to this thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=808&highlight=bobobo).

Mugen had been working on ep one since it first aired in november (and had actually planned on doing this series since we first found out there would be an anime, as a couple of us had read the manga). The reason it came out so late was due to a variety of reasons, but it was mostly exams and my own 1 month vacation. Episode 2 should not take nearly as long as the first one, and should be out shortly. :)

Thanks for all the support guys, I can tell this is gonna be one hell of a series. More like Sexy Commando than Cromartie imho though ;)

Was thinking of a different thread. The one I'm thinking of was specific to the "[BEST] Boboboubo Boubobo - 01 (Subbed).avi" release last November.

Ok, found the thread for it http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1255

Shii
2004-01-14, 15:18
Poor Chikushou :(

At least it is subbed now.

Diedrupo
2004-01-14, 15:46
definately falls in the "so bad it's good" group. I'll probably DL ep 2 because I am masochistic!

And I get the feeling Bobobo actually made it to TV because of that awfulness factor.

Painless
2004-01-14, 19:41
Nose hair attacks. :twitch:
I'm loving it. I'll definitely watch more. Oh, and "wasn't this the new series that was supposed to start today?!" surprised me completely.

babbito2k
2004-01-14, 22:52
Gee, I really like Cromartie and Sexy Commando, and Ping Pong Club for that matter. But this one just doesn't do it for me. It didn't do anything unexpected, it was just sort of a shounen adventure with nostril hairs. Oh well.

Tommy
2004-01-15, 02:00
Pure insanity. Wow the japanese are really crazy. Anyways It definitly had some pretty funny parts in it and I will continue to follow this series.

SwiftStar
2004-01-15, 11:23
I loved it. Like one guy said you have to like that kind of disjointed lunacy to like it. My impression was that whoever made it was smoking something while making it because I cant see how anybody could or would come up with something like this in a normal frame of mind. :heh:

Kempis Curious
2004-01-17, 18:08
Gee, I really like Cromartie and Sexy Commando, and Ping Pong Club for that matter. But this one just doesn't do it for me. It didn't do anything unexpected, it was just sort of a shounen adventure with nostril hairs. Oh well.

My sentiments exactly.

Get out of my MIND!!!!111oneone!!

-k

madeener
2004-01-18, 00:33
Love love those nostril hairs

PocariSweat
2004-01-18, 20:45
Damn, I really can't stand dry, intellectual shows like this...

It's just a ontological heap of pseudo-neo-anti-realist non-minimalist sophisms if you ask me (which, I guess, is why most people don't ask me that sort of thing).

SwiftStar
2004-02-10, 23:02
I'm not asking how many episodes. Just asking if I have been missing anything. I found the first ep hilarious, just wondering if there are any more.

Keitaro
2004-02-11, 00:19
I'm not asking how many episodes. Just asking if I have been missing anything. I found the first ep hilarious, just wondering if there are any more.

Whatever you see here (http://animesuki.com/series.php/291.html) is all there is. Just have some patience and wait for more episodes to be released ok.

Thread closed.

Tommy
2004-02-19, 23:43
I'm glad to see that Mugen anime is still subbing this. Can't wait to watch it.

SwiftStar
2004-02-20, 10:38
Ah yes, the second ep is finally out. :) Seems like its been forever. I was worried that they stopped subbing it. Of course I am at work so I cant get it yet. :(

Don Eunuch
2004-02-21, 11:34
I like it! Can't say I like Cromartie, but its closer to Sexy Commando. Gotto love those armpit hair.

Copy Ninja
2004-02-21, 14:03
i just downloaded ep 1 and 2 last night, the crazier the better, and in that area it looks to be one of the best. gotta watch them tonight.

finally, something that is in the same class with Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nocchi Guu,
however it will be tough to match that shows insanity (Pokutes, and Guu's world in her stomach) that show was awesome.

just watched 1 and 2.

1 gave me a weird feeling...i wasnt epecting all that. :twitch:

but the 2nd one was much better and funny as hell...still WTF at times, but it looks to be a hilarious series.

SwiftStar
2004-02-23, 14:21
I didnt think it was possible but the second episode was even more disjointed, nonsensical and absurd than the first. A number of times I was caught between laughing, thinking WTF? and wondering what the hell the people who made this were thinking. I like that the sub group explains the wordplay jokes. I miss pickle though. :heh:

Bullsquat
2004-05-05, 18:16
Wow, I've just seen four episodes of this totally surreal anime and I love it!

Other than Miyuki, I never really checked out anything else from the folks at Mugen. But I thought why not? I'll just delete 'em afterwards. I really should give Mugen more respect. I'm thankful enough for Miyuki but they also have some other good stuff.

After watching through it, this one is definitely for keeps. I have never seen anything so random. This is nothing like Guu or the Ping Pong Club. The level of insanity in this show is just over the roof.

Imagine this for a scenario;Bobobo and Beauty goes to a party town where the people have junk foods for their heads! Then all of the sudden, he starts beating the crap out of them. then he was challenged by a creature that takes the form of a dynamite?!?! He won the duel when the dynamite blew itself up. Suddenly, Bobobo's afro opens up to reveal a rock N Roll Band inside!! They were talking about this being their last tour and they will disband and all that nonsense. The band's manager also appearing from the afro, decides to go on a journey in search of new talents. On his way, he made a stop to a convenience store which suddenly blew up sending Beauty spiraling to the air. She wakes up in a dream in which she sees a couple of poodles wearing Bobobo's face!! She wakes up for real this time to discover she was being stalked by a pervert wearing spandex and a duck underwear on top of his head...etc...etc...

How crazy is that?? U prolly don't even know what I'm talking about. Well, I wouldn't understand myself either if I haven't seen the show.

H2-FumoGuu
2004-05-06, 01:24
Watched ep 4 and I thought it was nnn... not as funny as the earlier eps, but I still have great hope for this series because I loved the first 3 eps.

Bobobo is my hero. He makes acting like a woman look cool. =)

Oh yeah, and Beauty's eyes are gonna eventually pop outta her head if she keeps on getting surprised at everything. Just go with the flow, girl!

cerulfox!
2004-05-06, 10:41
I dunno, I thought it was HILARIOUS. But it seems to be the kind of anime that unless you understand Japanese and its various inflections and such as well as have knowledge of Japanese culture, you might not find it as funny. The episodes that are out subbed now I happened to be in Japan when they aired, and they seemed funnier without the translation. *shrugs* Maybe this show just doesn't translate well? It was a hit amongst us students anyways. We found the "Kanojou hoshii..." part ESPECIALLY hilarious. :D

This show kind of reminds me of Excel Saga, with the spoofing of various genres of anime and Japanese culture in general. Except I didn't really like Excel Saga. o.o

Bullsquat
2004-05-06, 16:54
Watched ep 4 and I thought it was nnn... not as funny as the earlier eps, but I still have great hope for this series because I loved the first 3 eps.

Bobobo is my hero. He makes acting like a woman look cool. =)

Oh yeah, and Beauty's eyes are gonna eventually pop outta her head if she keeps on getting surprised at everything. Just go with the flow, girl!

I think all of the characters at some point have their eyes almost gauging out from all the outlandish situations. :heh:

Cheesemon
2004-05-08, 10:31
Bobobo always cracks me up, I have no idea why so few people are downloading it. It's one of the most popular animes in Japan right now, and I think it's the most worthwhile download listed on animesuki. I find it even more entertaining than FMA at times, though maybe you can't compare the two. ^^

And of course, I have to give props to the subbers who are doing an excellent job at tackling one of the hardest animes to subtitle. :) The next episode is probably the funniest so far, can't wait to watch it subbed!

ZeroKun
2004-05-08, 11:36
Bo BoBo is teh shit!

MrBrown
2004-05-08, 11:52
Boboboubo Boubobo is great. It's up to 20 eps in Japan now, I think. I've been watching it since ep1.

Granted, ep1 wasn't that great, ep2 a little better... definetly one of those shows that just keeps getting better and better the more you watch it. I think ep16,17 or 18 or something around there was the best ep so far. Well, it does have it's hard parts where I just get headaches from all the colors and stuff. :eyespin:

TheMongoMania
2004-05-08, 13:03
Man I love this show, and yeah it must be hard to sub...but thank god mugen is doing it and doing a great job at that. I have watched all four eps and look forward to more!! keep up the good work guys!

Draco
2004-05-08, 17:17
bobobo-bo bo-bobo rocks!
The humor reminds me of a friend of mine,
hes almost as crazy as the guy who created bo-bobo!

OshadowO
2004-05-08, 19:11
Just finished ep 1. Damn This anime is like one big WTF moment. I think I'll get part 2 now :D

Bullsquat
2004-08-03, 02:22
Wow, episode 5 unexpectedly popped out. It's great to finally see a new episode of my favorite comedy of the year.

What can I say? This episode is the craziest yet, and the funniest.The whole episode was a stage play? That is just insane.

Avacado Burger
2004-08-05, 22:30
IMO, I think Bobobo is the funniest anime I've ever seen, but I think it must be an acquired taste; There's lots of people that I know that would rather take Azumanga over this (albeit Azu can be funny at times, but it's not THAT funny compared to Bobobo. I have to tell people all the time that it's really named Bobobo).

I was giddy like a schoolgirl to see #5 come out. It took awhile, but major props to Mugen for tackling such a hard to sub anime.
Right now, I could TOTALLY go for some ochazuke. How about the rest of you?

Bullsquat
2004-08-06, 16:12
For some reason, I just can't stop laughing whenever I get to the part where the Ochazuke alien was holding a picture of the mysterious boy;

"I have to catch and kill this boy. Because...
...sakechazuke...umechazuke...norichazuke...tarako chazuke...taichazuke...
that's why I'm looking for him"

Lol, I'm replaying it over and over again.

H2-FumoGuu
2004-08-07, 09:05
IMO, I think Bobobo is the funniest anime I've ever seen, but I think it must be an acquired taste; There's lots of people that I know that would rather take Azumanga over this (albeit Azu can be funny at times, but it's not THAT funny compared to Bobobo. I have to tell people all the time that it's really named Bobobo).

Bah. Bobobo destroys Azumanga. I remember one of the funniest parts of Azu TV for me was Sakaki "dating" Chiyo-chan's dad. But the duck dating the panties in Bobobo complete annihilates that scene. :heh: It's just like weirdness x 10!

Cheesemon
2004-08-12, 09:14
Bobobo is THE leader in anime comedy. :) Episode is still my favorite episode in the 20 episodes or so I've seen. It's just so, so, so random. And Don Patch is the greatest anime character ever.

I really want this show to be seen by as many people as possible, so it's really too bad that this series may never get licensed, and not many people are downloading it. I mean, how can you not be curious about a show just by seeing a title like that?!

As usual, great fansubbing, Mugen! *sigh* I can only wish the next episode doesn't take another two months, but I guess it's understandable since this show is so friggin' hard to dub with all the puns and floating kanji. ;)

Tsukishirou
2004-11-08, 19:36
Just saw ep. 1 just out of curiosity (it is really famous in Japan, how many chapters in Weekly Jump? over 170?)
It´s so weird :uhoh:, even so I like the opening ^^,
I´ll keep downloading until I get............................................... .................. all 5 eps :heh:

boxrick
2004-12-18, 14:41
Is there any chance of more bobobo episodes being fansubbed soon?

AMS
2006-02-06, 22:26
Anyone think CN will release UNCUT dvds for this insanely funny show???

:twitch:

bayoab
2006-02-06, 23:51
Anyone think CN will release UNCUT dvds for this insanely funny show???

:twitch:
CN does not release DVDs. It is up to Viz to release them. And it depends on its ratings. The better it does, the more likely it is to happen.

AMS
2006-02-07, 00:28
Any idea on how well its doing?

FireChick
2012-05-15, 19:27
Good news: a new anime company called S'More just licensed and released the first 38 or so episodes on DVD.

Bad news: unfortunately, due to an error, no subtitles are on the release.

Now before you all go into a hissy fit about it, let me explain that they WERE in fact kind enough to include PDF formatted scripts for all the episodes on the Japanese track and that they were kind enough to release the series at all, so don't hate on them just because a mistake happened.