PDA

View Full Version : New Hikaru no Go anime announced

cf18
2003-11-30, 12:48
Looks like a real scan from Shonen Jump:
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/10078/hikago_new_season.jpeg

I am not excited about this. The anime ended nicely and the story after chapter 148 in the manga are much less interesting than before.

Gaara11
2003-11-30, 12:58
There is a God! After all the online petitions and stuff, OMG! If this is true, my prayers have been answered.:bow:

Lord Raiden
2003-11-30, 13:19
WTF??? Are you kidding?? This is awesome!! I'm so going to love having a season 2 of Hikaru No Go! WOOOHOOOO!! :D

Vicious
2003-11-30, 13:19
Cool! Can't Wait For It! :D

Superchop
2003-11-30, 13:25
I'm glad...but at the same time i dont think i really want it...they might do a bad job with the sequel....

Lord Raiden
2003-11-30, 13:29
Well, if they do, we just write to the studio and have them fired. :D

Either that or don't watch/read it. It gets the point across all the same.

NightWish
2003-11-30, 13:39
Interesting... I must admit I would like to see more HnG :) ~ I've not read the manga, so I don't know where they take the story, but I'm keeping my enthusiasm back for now. I can see myself being less interested in plot lines they have left to exploit -- is there really that much they can do with the story? If the manga's plot is less inspiring, it doesn't bode well.

Gaara11
2003-11-30, 13:41
I'm glad...but at the same time i dont think i really want it...they might do a bad job with the sequel....

If its the same people who did the first one I don't think they will do a bad job. I'm just happy that there is a sequel coz it really needed one the way it ended.

K_R
2003-11-30, 13:44
Hikaru to hook up with Akari ~

Mb81
2003-11-30, 13:52
Could somebody please confirm that ? First time i see that; any reference news site ?

-Mb
http://www.hikaru-no-go.com *g*

Mcgreag
2003-11-30, 14:05
With my very limited japanese I think it says on the right that it will start 3rd jan 2004.

[ヒカルの碁] 新作アニメが2004年1月3日(士)に
[Hikaru no Go] New work of anime, 2004 january 3rd

Also I have to agree with cf18 the place that the anime ended at was a lot more natural ending place. The manga endning is not much of an ending at all.

lordwu
2003-11-30, 14:06
Well, it looks like it's just a 90 minutes special not a new season. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going to do some more research on it.

Mcgreag
2003-11-30, 15:39
I wouldn't supries me. IMHO there are not enough material for another season. 13 eps perhaps.

maxthelostboy
2003-11-30, 16:38
near the end of the show, when a main guy left i think it started to get BORING and the ending sucked.

SirCanealot
2003-11-30, 18:47
From what I've read (haven't finished reading the manga), there's a tornament arc after the anime finishes. Hopefully this anime will animate that arc and then be finished with it. I doubt it'll be too crap heh.

boneyjellyfish
2003-11-30, 19:04
I hope that the new anime is only around 13 episodes. There really isn't too much they can do, and there really isn't a whole lot more that the show can offer without Sai.

Then again, this is MORE Hikaru No Go! I have no right to complain about it because I'm going to watch it even if it's terrible! I really just want the closure that the anime series was unable to provide. I just hope it isn't some kind of makeshift OVA ending that isn't created by the mangaka.

Lord Raiden
2003-11-30, 22:28
If I remember the original series though, they never found the "Hand of God" which was kind of their end goal. I was suprised the series ended when it did. I kind of figured they'd go all the way until they achieved that goal. *shrug* Oh well. Maybe they'll get it this time around. :D

Tomomi
2003-11-30, 23:18
Banzai! Sigh, even though I love Hikaru No Go, but without Sai around, it's not going to be the same again eh... :(

Lord Raiden
2003-12-01, 00:03
Eh? When did he leave? I thought he was still in the series. And why did he leave?

Tomomi
2003-12-01, 00:09
Eh? When did he leave? I thought he was still in the series. And why did he leave?

He has to leave for heaven/hell/whatever it is after living for 1000 years. So at the end, he simply disappears. And of course, Hikaru was very sad about it... After all, they have been together for a few years. :(

Sepiraph
2003-12-01, 01:31
What I really want to see is the continuation of the manga because that ending is not very good.

Superchop
2003-12-01, 01:46
I think he left cause Hikaru had no more use for him...in the past when he played go for the other guy (forgot his name) Sai was the one doing all the work so he was able to stay up until the other guy died...with Hikaru, Sai just became an onlooker and Hikaru started making newer friends and slowly neglected Sai...so in the end...Sai just dissappeared...

Tomomi
2003-12-01, 01:59
I think he left cause Hikaru had no more use for him...in the past when he played go for the other guy (forgot his name) Sai was the one doing all the work so he was able to stay up until the other guy died...with Hikaru, Sai just became an onlooker and Hikaru started making newer friends and slowly neglected Sai...so in the end...Sai just dissappeared...

Yeah... And that too... Kinda wish that Hikaru is more grateful for having Sai around... Blah... :(

Hey, do you think that there's a bit of chance that Sai may return? That would be great isn't it? :D Ecks, but it's kinda impossible eh... :(

Aurora
2003-12-01, 04:38
I hope that the new anime is only around 13 episodes. There really isn't too much they can do, and there really isn't a whole lot more that the show can offer without Sai.

I wouldn't mind the second season without Sai. Not that I disliked him, I just felt it was time for him to move on. And I was even happier when Hikaru moved on after facing the fact that Sai left. It's been so long since I watched the series I have forgotten what loose ends I felt needed tying up. I guess this is the perfect excuse to watch the series over again ;)

saku~ya
2003-12-01, 09:58
I was sad when Sai left Hikaru, and the when he realized just how great Sai was he wanted him back. That was a tear jerker scene for me at least ^^;; I don't want to give my hopes up to much.

While I would love a second season to HnG, it would feel a little empty without Sai. he was the comical part of that series I felt. I guess they could continue with him rising in the Go World and reaching Touya more quickly. I would just miss seeing Sai there. I mean gosh Sai was with him for how long 2 years. It must of been weird not talking to someone who has been with you and nowhere else for that long.

ato
2003-12-01, 10:20
It is with great joy, but no small amount of trepidation that I read this... From all I have heard of the manga readers, the remainder of the series is just not as good as the part already turned into anime. This bodes ill of course, so I am hoping for some kind of OVA series with material not previously published in paper form :)

In any case, I'm probably gonna see it to the bitter end no matter how much it sucks. It's Hikaru no Go after all!

Koshiba
2003-12-01, 10:55
"The TV special will air on January 3rd and takes place when Hikaru and Touya are 15-years-old." o.o~

Lord Raiden
2003-12-01, 17:03
15? How old were they in the original series?

Tofusensei
2003-12-01, 17:25
It says right on that scanned page that it is going to be a TV special (brand new) to be aired from 10-11:30 on January 3rd.

Draw your own conclusions :D

-Tofu

Doan
2003-12-01, 19:52
I think, sai shouldn't come back.
in the end of the series, he was going to brake hikaru.

hey dont thing, i dislike him, damn, tears did come out when he dissappeared...

but it was time to let hikaru go his own way, to achieve the "Hand of God".

Loki_Sama
2003-12-01, 21:17
Hey.....dont really know what this anime is about......but u all seem to like it
can some one tell me kinda whats this about? so i might start to download it ^_^

karsa
2003-12-01, 22:06
I disagree that it was right for Sai to go (discounting the 1000 year thing). How can having the greatest Go player ever as your personal tutor not be a good thing, no matter how good you are? Hikaru was a selfish bastard in the later episodes considering Sai was the one who gave him a love of Go in the first place... Besides, it seemed to me that having a ghost involved was the main selling point of HnG to begin with. If it continues without him it seems like a show without a premise (I haven't steeled myself to read the manga yet so I can't say if I think it worked or not).

But as others have said, I'll still watch the new episodes - it is Hikaru no Go after all.

Kamui4356
2003-12-01, 22:17
I disagree that it was right for Sai to go (discounting the 1000 year thing). How can having the greatest Go player ever as your personal tutor not be a good thing, no matter how good you are? Hikaru was a selfish bastard in the later episodes considering Sai was the one who gave him a love of Go in the first place... Besides, it seemed to me that having a ghost involved was the main selling point of HnG to begin with. If it continues without him it seems like a show without a premise (I haven't steeled myself to read the manga yet so I can't say if I think it worked or not).

But as others have said, I'll still watch the new episodes - it is Hikaru no Go after all.
Hikaru couldn't just let sai play anymore. After he became a pro, Hikaru couldn't let Sai play for him, as that would be cheating. He realized that even letting Sai play casual games would cause problems. Look at what happened when Hikaru let Sai play online. I'm sure Hikaru would have let Sai play more, if he were in a position to. Still I think they should have kept Sai a little longer, at least until Hikaru was able to play him evenly.

karsa
2003-12-01, 22:34
Hikaru couldn't just let sai play anymore. After he became a pro, Hikaru couldn't let Sai play for him, as that would be cheating. He realized that even letting Sai play casual games would cause problems. Look at what happened when Hikaru let Sai play online. I'm sure Hikaru would have let Sai play more, if he were in a position to. Still I think they should have kept Sai a little longer, at least until Hikaru was able to play him evenly.

I agree that Sai only really needed to stay until Hikaru got better -
what irritated me was that he left before Hikaru even caught up to Touya.

I suppose you're right about the not letting Sai play thing, although personally I found those bits, especially on the internet, highly amusing, and wouldn't have minded more of them (it seemed like a wonderful comedic mechanism was introduced and then discarded). But Hikaru was just so bad tempered about it all. And iirc towards the end Sai would have been happy just playing Hikaru and no one else, as long as he got to play.

dmg022
2003-12-02, 01:35
* Spoiler *
I think Sai left because like he has accomplished what he needed to. Before he disappeared, he said something like, " if Torajirou existed for me, I existed for Hikaru, " and how long was the path leading to the hand of god...

If they are going to continue the series, maybe let Sai enter someone's else soul, and then play against hikaru....somehow with the arrangements of the tournaments matches..., they should also feature the tournament Meijin joined in China, the under 16 tournament about the Korean Pro...

Oneesama
2003-12-02, 02:52
after all the fuzzx, so glad it'd got confirmed :love: my hard-drive is really for it MUHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA~ :D

DAK
2003-12-02, 09:11
oh wow I can't wait, it's going to be great (I think.. I'm only about 30 eps. into HnG right now)

I love your sig pic Oneesama, who is that on the far left? Laguna from VIII?

kaitou_candy
2003-12-20, 11:01
does anyone noe if any fansub group is gonna fansub the new ep of HnG????????

Ban-Ban
2003-12-20, 15:11
aargh..
Is there noone who can translate the content of this pic :stupid:

Yuuko_Hajiwara
2003-12-20, 16:16
Well I haven't seen much of the anime but I read the manga up to volume 19 I think.... and it seemed like it could have gone on forever because Hikaru had just become a pro and he wasn't close to beating Akira, let alone finding the hand of god.... so why did they end it so soon? I think it ended at volume 20 or so, and I was so surprised to hear that... or maybe I'm wrong, but at least that's where the scanlations ended, though I didn't get to read them until the end ^^

****SPOILER*****
I thought it was so sweet but so sad when Sai left, and I felt so bad for Hikaru even though it was kindof his fault, because Sai tried to say goodbye to him and get him to play a last time but he didn't even notice... But then again I think it was necessary for him to leave. I'll miss him though he was so fun ^^

Well if and when a new series of HnG comes out I'll take a look and hope it's good anways ^^

DwArD
2003-12-20, 23:30
It is because Sai left that Hikaru became stronger. In the manga, after Sai disappear, Hikaru became so depressed that he neglect the game. And later on, he realise that Sai existed in his heart and the only way to see him again is in the game of Go. Much of his skills now are taught to him by Sai so the way he played also resembled Sai's strategy alot. That's how he actually caught up so fast later on. And I do agree that the ending for the manga actually sucks though....doubt there will be a Hikaru no GO 2 coming up...

Tommy
2003-12-21, 05:28
I'm happy yet sad because thier will be no Sai... :(

ato
2003-12-29, 18:21
Ahhh, just another five days to wait. Trying to stifle my tremors by watching the TV series again, but...Well, it's moderately successful anyway ;)

ShinDragon
2003-12-29, 18:40
If you can read Japanese. Check this.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/hikaru/news/index.html

Here's a short preview from the official website.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/hikaru/news/ram/256.ram

vasiliki
2003-12-30, 12:01
Thanks for the links. The news made my day (night, actually :p).

It's a Special that takes place after the end of the TV series, introduces the new character Yashiro, and deals with the Japan-China-Korea Hokuto Cup (which by the way was the last event in the manga).

Pity that it's on Tokyo TV. :( Please, tell me someone is releasing it, raw even.

racej
2003-12-30, 16:25
*WARING SPOILER*

I though that Sai was filling his part in a long chain to acheve the "Devine Move"
His job was to help Hikaru untill he learned enough to show Sai that he was able to do the Devine Move.
Sai saw the Devine Move when Hikaru showed how Sai would lose if Touya's father had made a diffrent move on the internet match. That was when Sai realized that god picked Hikaru to carry on the quest for the Devine Move. Sai realized he was going to move on to the better place and he had done his part in the chain.

I still want to see more, even though the manga readers agree that it doesn't end well.

Sorry, I haven't learned how to hide spoilers yet.

Muraki
2003-12-30, 16:49
Spoiler tags..

blah blah blah

Just w/o the space..

vasiliki
2004-01-03, 09:21
Ahhh, just another five days to wait.

So, did anyone see it?

Did they use a different OP/ED? Did they live up to the former standards?

vag
2004-01-03, 10:39
So, did anyone see it?

Better yet: Did anyone record it and put it up for raw dl yet? Preferably on Bittorrent?

PSX
2004-01-03, 17:47
if anything they should make a HnG 2nd season a love story thing ^^ dont u guys like love stories ^^?

Leo_Otaku
2004-01-03, 18:09
I thought this was the new years special they were talking about

kyosuke
2004-01-03, 18:12
Tv Tokyo will broadcast a "special new year episode" on January 3rd, 2004. This episode will be 1h30 (from 10h to 11h30 japan time).

Mb81
2004-01-03, 18:59
Tv Tokyo will broadcast a "special new year episode" on January 3rd, 2004. This episode will be 1h30 (from 10h to 11h30 japan time).

If i get it tonight, i maybe make a torrent up.

ZeroKun
2004-01-03, 19:23
bit late Mb81 its been about about a day since it aired ;)

Mb81
2004-01-03, 23:45
bit late Mb81 its been about about a day since it aired ;)

PM me with a link... don`t find it (i bet only on news groups...); but now first KgNE.

Aznmask
2004-01-04, 02:49
Spoiled..

Well Sai was the most influence person of Hikaru's life. Hikaru is a dude who have no interest of GO. But on the day that Hikaru discovered Sai that his future is totally changed.. But Sai's is gone now.. then another adventure is waiting for him.. Is how he going to to beat out his opponent.. i really want to watch arr!!

Sai is watching you Hikaru!!!

kyosuke
2004-01-04, 12:15
so... did anyone record it for the raw? don't tell me no-one has it :uhoh:

Sugetsu
2004-01-04, 12:30
There is a lot of material to make another season... example:

1. Hikaru Has to work his way to reach the hand of God.

2. At the end of the series there was an international Go competition. Hikaru and the others may play against really strong international players.

3. We can watch how Hikarus friends grow stronger.

4. Hikaru may have to challenge the old man who is really powerful.

5. Hikaru promised to play against touya's Father. But that would be for the end of the series I gues.

So yeah they can make like 30 episodes without any problem. I'm really looking forward to it :)

a_nevels666
2004-01-04, 13:06
There is a lot of material to make another season... example:

1. Hikaru Has to work his way to reach the hand of God.

2. At the end of the series there was an international Go competition. Hikaru and the others may play against really strong international players.

3. We can watch how Hikarus friends grow stronger.

4. Hikaru may have to challenge the old man who is really powerful.

5. Hikaru promised to play against touya's Father. But that would be for the end of the series I gues.

So yeah they can make like 30 episodes without any problem. I'm really looking forward to it :)

There might be a lot of possible story options left, but the manga has ended unfortunately. Making any Hikaru no Go anime beyond the manga very,very unlikely.

DrWho2002
2004-01-04, 14:45
The mangaka probably wouldn't let that happen either.

Keen
2004-01-04, 17:16
Spoiled..

Well Sai was the most influence person of Hikaru's life. Hikaru is a dude who have no interest of GO. But on the day that Hikaru discovered Sai that his future is totally changed.. But Sai's is gone now.. then another adventure is waiting for him.. Is how he going to to beat out his opponent.. i really want to watch arr!!

Sai is watching you Hikaru!!!

You moron, use the freaking spoiler tags!

Keen
2004-01-04, 17:17
if anything they should make a HnG 2nd season a love story thing ^^ dont u guys like love stories ^^?YES, so we can finally see the Hikaru/Akira orgy! XD

ato
2004-01-04, 18:33
Oh, just thought I'd mention it...The "Hikaru no Go Specials (Ep 64 variant + New Year Sp)" torrent on AnimeTorrents does not contain the new special. So you can stop biting your nails, waiting for the download to complete ;)

vag
2004-01-04, 19:16
Oh, just thought I'd mention it...The "Hikaru no Go Specials (Ep 64 variant + New Year Sp)" torrent on AnimeTorrents does not contain the new special. So you can stop biting your nails, waiting for the download to complete ;)
Yes, I think someone pulled an _evil_ prank on us (sigh). Oh well, we just have to wait a little longer!

DrWho2002
2004-01-04, 19:44
I heard that the HnG Special edition (the ep 64 variant) was actually made before the TV series began in Japan and was used as a sort of pilot for the TV series, because it has manga artwork in the ending sequence and has some totally different jpop tune there.

Ookla The Mok
2004-01-04, 21:55
Yeah, that's right, it was made for Jump Festa, before the series started, as a sort of pilot episode. Then Hotta used the story for the Sai sidestory in volume 18, and it was later incorporated into episode 64.

The new special aired 2 days ago. I watched it, but I don't have a capture card, and my reception sucks anyway. The OP was Get Over, and the ED I didn't recognize but it could have been something from the later part of the series that I didn't bother watching yet.

They should have made the characters' voices get deeper over time, what with them looking so much older, but they didn't.

DrWho2002
2004-01-04, 23:07
Well, if you compare Kawakami Tomoko's voice in ep 1 of HnG as compared to ep 75, you can hear a difference.

moobah
2004-01-04, 23:53
Will anyone be subbing the special?

vasiliki
2004-01-05, 05:38
I watched it, but I don't have a capture card, and my reception sucks anyway.

Damn, not even a videotape? Idiot me messed up the days and had the impression it was on Sunday, not Saturday! X_X

They should have made the characters' voices get deeper over time, what with them looking so much older, but they didn't.

ARGH, I'm dying here, I need my HnG dose! *_*

YES, so we can finally see the Hikaru/Akira orgy! XD

You're Evil, but I dig it. XD

Ori
2004-01-05, 21:23
YES, so we can finally see the Hikaru/Akira orgy! XD

We already did! Look at the last epsiode and read the lyrics at the last scene where Hikaru is standing in front of Akira. XD

I want to see the special!!! Is there any thing special happening in it?

PSX
2004-01-05, 21:56
after all this time youd think hikaru would give akari some attention eh, i wanna see that

ZeroKun
2004-01-05, 22:35
ahh........aaaah........aaaaaah!!!! l33t raws has it available!!!!!!!

DrWho2002
2004-01-05, 23:04
Eh, it's raw tho. my japanese isn't good enough to understand a show like Hikaru no Go raw. I'll probably dload it tho, but not watch it unless a subbed version comes out, either that or unless a long period of time elapses with no sub. ^_^

bluemist
2004-01-06, 05:38
Question: Did that special cover the rest of the HnG manga all the way to the end of it (Chap. 189)?

Ookla The Mok
2004-01-06, 09:45
Well, if you compare Kawakami Tomoko's voice in ep 1 of HnG as compared to ep 75, you can hear a difference.
Okay, maybe I should have said that the voices should have changed a lot more than they did. Hikaru has grown up a LOT and his voice hardly matured at all.

The special stops at the end of the Hokuto Cup participant selection tournament. There's room for another special or 2 or maybe even movie. This special was longer than a lot of anime movies that get into theaters (not including commercial time).

ZeroKun
2004-01-06, 13:12
well the only difference in paku's voice acting is when she does a female, noteably rosettte from chrno crusade. I never really notice her changing as hikaru grew up, but i felt that she still fit the character.

Gregg Cummings
2004-01-06, 15:26
I just finished watching that episode. . . The whole time that I am watching my only thoughts were, "When are they going to get to the new content?" When the credits are rolling I read "2001" :confused: :frustrated:

That's just not right. . .

DrWho2002
2004-01-07, 01:56
The new special aired 2 days ago. I watched it, but I don't have a capture card, and my reception sucks anyway. The OP was Get Over, and the ED I didn't recognize but it could have been something from the later part of the series that I didn't bother watching yet.

I just finished getting the raw file, the OP is Get Over, but the ED is a new song by Dream, called Everlasting Snow. The single containing the song was out on Dec. 10/03 called 1st X'mas featuring dream + Fruit Punch + SweetS. I went to CD Japan already to order it... :heh:

vag
2004-01-07, 02:18
I just finished getting the raw file, the OP is Get Over, but the ED is a new song by Dream, called Everlasting Snow. The single containing the song was out on Dec. 10/03 called 1st X'mas featuring dream + Fruit Punch + SweetS. I went to CD Japan already to order it... :heh:
Still seeding it, I hope. I am finding it to be a very slow download :-(

RobotCarnival
2004-01-15, 22:35
Has anyone here ever seen the movie Fight Club?

In it, Edward Norton's character is pulled into the world of Fight Club after meeting a stranger named Tyler Durden (played by Brad Pitt)
In the end it's revealed Norton's character is actually schizophrenic, and that Tyler Durden never existed. Though we as the audience could see and hear him and relate to him as a character, if you look back at the story he never interacts with any of the other characters in the movie except Norton's.Sound familier? Now that would explain a few things.

"Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first night, you have to fight."

Kamui4356
2004-01-16, 01:48
Has anyone here ever seen the movie Fight Club?

In it, Edward Norton's character is pulled into the world of Fight Club after meeting a stranger named Tyler Durden (played by Brad Pitt)
In the end it's revealed Norton's character is actually schizophrenic, and that Tyler Durden never existed. Though we as the audience could see and hear him and relate to him as a character, if you look back at the story he never interacts with any of the other characters in the movie except Norton's.Sound familier? Now that would explain a few things.

"Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first night, you have to fight."
It's sad when the voice in your head is better than you at go. :heh:

kool_dudy
2004-01-18, 21:27
ignore........

DrWho2002
2004-01-18, 21:33
If it's not here on Animesuki, then it hasn't been done yet. Haven't you read the rules? Do not ask when things come out. It gets done when it gets done, regardless of whoever may or may not be subbing it. You just sit back there at wait like a good little thingy and you be quiet about it. You don't get to complain about things like this. :nono:

Lord_Mew
2004-01-19, 15:14
I bet is gonna get licensed before they get the chance to fully fansub it

Kamui4356
2004-01-20, 01:07
I bet is gonna get licensed before they get the chance to fully fansub it
With the exception of the new years special, HnG is fully fansubbed. Even if a company said tomorrow that they had the license for HnG, it most likely wouldn't include the special, just the TV series.
I wonder if a HnG anime license would include the part at the end with the go teacher and the 2 kids... or maybe they'll do one in english...

Iridi
2004-01-20, 08:06
With the exception of the new years special, HnG is fully fansubbed. Even if a company said tomorrow that they had the license for HnG, it most likely wouldn't include the special, just the TV series.
I wonder if a HnG anime license would include the part at the end with the go teacher and the 2 kids... or maybe they'll do one in english...

I bet Fox gets a hold of it, and we'll start seeing Go cards in stores by the beginning of March...

so the new ending:
Bradd Pitt: I play Hikaru!
Leonardo diCaprio: I beat you with my left Sai!

kool_dudy
2004-01-23, 16:44
So is there going to be a new season or is this just a new year special?

DrWho2002
2004-01-23, 18:40
This was just a one time special most likely.

kool_dudy
2004-01-23, 20:16
Tat really sux but is it confirmed?

jordanlim4
2004-01-24, 11:09
Hikaru no go all the way!! I hope Sai comes back.... (In the MINI-SIZE form... as a person who'll duel wtih hikaru in a real match)

DrWho2002
2004-01-24, 13:05
Tat really sux but is it confirmed?

How should I know? but it's what you should think until one hears anything otherwise.

ato
2004-01-24, 15:58
You can find, not one, but two threads about HnG and the Special in the "Fansubs" forum. Oh, joy! ;)

Sugetsu
2004-01-24, 22:30
I'm so glad that in short time will get to see another season of Hikaru No Go.

I'M 100% SURE :D

yukari_kiss
2004-01-25, 02:14
YES YES YES!!!!! HIKARU IS BAAAAAKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for an hour or so...but hey that's MUCH better than nothing!!!! i want more of KAGA!!!!!!!

Serenity-san
2004-02-01, 21:20
does anyone know the name of the new ending theme from the 2004 special? does anyone know where i could get the mp3? thanx in advance!

DrWho2002
2004-02-02, 00:00
The song is called "Everlasting Snow", but you won't find MP3's here. You're not allowed to ask for them here, go read the rules.

You can, however, buy the single here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-30551

SirCanealot
2004-02-02, 03:18
Hmm, AOne's special looks pretty good, though I notice a over use of warp sharp -_-
I think I'll watch it tonight.

Gah, it's 4:3 though. I was hoping for 16:9 :(

DrWho2002
2004-02-02, 03:25
Why would you when it was originally broadcast in 4:3?

Hellychan
2004-02-02, 12:44
I love that special episode ^^ Now I want to see more!Wheeee!!! I've been able to see more (a little) of Sai! >0< *crying* (of joy) XD

Cl0uD
2004-09-03, 09:16
Looks like a real scan from Shonen Jump:
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/10078/hikago_new_season.jpeg

I am not excited about this. The anime ended nicely and the story after chapter 148 in the manga are much less interesting than before.

yes i also heard before that there would be another serie... and it would be animejunkies that would fansubb it... but i've heard rumours also that say that there will not be another serie... =/
i've tried to check on the net for sites that would tell me anything about HnG 2004, but i havent found anything...

IF they are doing another series, they will probably start to air it in october...

but if anyone finds anything it would be great if they linked it here

i personally hope that they make a sequel-series, cause there is much left in the story, i personally think so at least...
but in the other hand, you never know... they stopped making anime off series like hajime no ippo, cause the viewers rating was to bad in japan... ( which i cant understand,cause ippo is one of the best anime i've watched) they didn't even finished the manga =/
a little comfort is that series like getbackers2 and gundam seed2 are under progress :)
i just hope that they make more HnG anime

thank you

-I live for your sake as well.....That's what i have decided...."

Achenar459
2004-09-05, 22:54
omg this better not be a lie!!!!

even if it's a 90 minute special, it's better than nothing...

i was sooo disappointed when HnG ended that i almost cried (ok maybe it wasn't *that* bad, but close ;)) b/c i had been reading the manga ahead of time and thought that it was going to continue!!! but the anime ended before the last manga volume and i almost died.

HnG is the only anime i've seen more than 4 times and still get the urge to keep watching

Superchop
2004-09-05, 22:59
omg this better not be a lie!!!!

even if it's a 90 minute special, it's better than nothing...

Wow...a bit late aren't you ;) the special has been out for quite a while...it doesn't add much and in a way it ends in the same manner as the anime...but it was still good :)

Blaine
2004-09-06, 03:49
new HnG speciel huh, should be good

e2-
2004-12-13, 18:49
Wille the Worlds best anime Hikaru no go Continue after the ep 75. And I know that there are the speciela episodes but will there ever come any episode what will show What happens to Hikaru after these 75 episodes. I dont want to spoil anything so I wont say anything else. (And I hope there is no similar thread at least I did not find one But if there is delete this)

ElvenPath
2004-12-13, 19:45
New Hikaru no Go anime announced? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1852)