PDA

View Full Version : Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken OVA

Akiace
2003-11-30, 20:15
I was looking through the schedule of anime currently shown in Japan and came across this series which just started in November. I tried to find more info on this series but can only get the official page [ http://www.ppvj.co.jp/anime/0311moeyo/ ] which is in Japanese, so I don't understand a single thing of what the plot is about. Can someone translate the page for me? I can't find any info at Animenfo either. I did a search on Google and it seems like this anime was based on a game, so some of you may know something about it. The official page for the game is http://www.gameeb.com/moeken/. It looks nice and I wonder why no fansub group has taken on this project yet.

ps. I think the Japanese title is called Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken.

whatever123
2003-12-01, 02:50
is it just me who thinks that the the drawing styles resembles rumiku takahashi drawing (ranma and inu yasha author)

kj1980
2003-12-01, 03:50
is it just me who thinks that the the drawing styles resembles rumiku takahashi drawing (ranma and inu yasha author)

It is. It was a game that was released on the PS2, and acclaimed a huge pre-sale anticipation as it was a collaboration between Takahashi Rumiko (Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha manga artist) and Hiroi Ouji (of Sakura Taisen fame).

Tomomi
2003-12-01, 03:56
Wow, looks interesting. I wonder what's the anime about. Hehe, I hope that some fansub group will sub it for us. :p

whatever123
2003-12-01, 04:12
It is. It was a game that was released on the PS2, and acclaimed a huge pre-sale anticipation as it was a collaboration between Takahashi Rumiko (Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha manga artist) and Hiroi Ouji (of Sakura Taisen fame).

is it only a game???? it doesnt have any manga????? coz it would be better to have a manga so the plot and the scenario would be much better

kj1980
2003-12-01, 09:06
is it only a game???? it doesnt have any manga????? coz it would be better to have a manga so the plot and the scenario would be much better

Not necessarily. A lot of animes are starting to originate based from games as well.

ZeroKun
2003-12-01, 09:33
it is takahashi, this anime was featured in the newtype usa dec issue.

Lord Raiden
2003-12-01, 10:23
Here's your translation courtesy of babelfish. :)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ppvj.co.jp%2Fanime%2F0311moey o%2F&lp=ja_en

Autophage
2003-12-01, 14:53
Here's your translation courtesy of babelfish. :)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ppvj.co.jp%2Fanime%2F0311moey o%2F&lp=ja_en

The PS game where Rumiko top chestnut thornback tar Hiroi Oji original entire supervision × cartoonist Takahashi of the game boundary takes charge of character design animation conversion. Before the DVD selling leading, PPV special broadcast!

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Over.

Akiace
2003-12-01, 20:34
Thanks for the translation! I hope some fansub groups will start to translate this series soon. It looks like there's a 99.9% possibility that it will get licensed some day considering the fame of Ranma & InuYasha.

Relentless
2003-12-02, 01:31
I read something about the game a looong time ago (Animerica, I think). It was going to feature the fictional daughters of the historic Shinsengumi members. I am surprised it was turned into a series. When I read "Burning Sword" in the broadcast listings, I almost fainted thinking it was going to be based on Moeyo Ken (Burning Sword), the novel used by Rurouni Kenshin's author as an inspiration and bible when creating his characters. :sad:

Nevertheless, I hope this anime gets fansubbed too. I'm not a big Rumiko Takahashi fan but I love everything Shinsengumi, and this season Peacemaker Kurogane has been a huge disapointment.

maxthelostboy
2003-12-09, 16:31
Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken what is this and is it worth downloading?

freedoom
2003-12-09, 17:40
its about the daughters of some of the members of the shinsengumi in the meji era fighting demons in power armor. its from the creator of ranma and inuyasha i belive. i downloaded it cause i'm a whore for anything shinsengumi, i thought it was quite funny.

maxthelostboy
2003-12-09, 17:42
i must get it then? Is it new? and how lnog will it be or is?

Vulkar
2003-12-09, 17:44
Darn, yet another thing for me to download.

maxthelostboy
2003-12-09, 18:51
i know how you feel! its like my pc will never be shutdown with all these great shows being subbed

lordwu
2003-12-09, 19:23
It's sakura taisen in meiji era with inu yasha characters. ;) It's quite amusing to see all the different elements from different anime come together in Moeyo Ken.

After doing some search on yahoo japan, I found there's even a RPG game of Moeyo Ken coming out this month. I'm definitely going to get it. :)

This series will have 4 episodes. Too bad it's just an OVA. I hope there will be a TV series later on.

maxthelostboy
2003-12-09, 19:28
It's sakura taisen in meiji era with inu yasha characters. ;) It's quite amusing to see all the different elements from different anime come together in Moeyo Ken.

After doing some search on yahoo japan, I found there's even a RPG game of Moeyo Ken coming out this month. I'm definitely going to get it. :)

This series will have 4 episodes. Too bad it's just an OVA. I hope there will be a TV series later on.

it seems just like it is building off another story. Like they talk about things that they never ever showed. good anyway

lordwu
2003-12-09, 19:32
it seems just like it is building off another story. Like they talk about things that they never ever showed. good anyway

Based on the past style of the creator/director Ohji, it's possible that the OVAs are just a mean to fill in the gaps for the game. I suspect you will have to play the game to understand the whole Moeyo Ken universe.

maxthelostboy
2003-12-09, 19:33
can you send us the links you found on the game? likes images?

lordwu
2003-12-09, 19:46
Moeyo Ken game for PS2 (http://www.gameeb.com/moe_hp/index.htm)
After reading some review on Amazon.co.jp, I'm not so sure that I'll get it now. :( The reviews are not very favorable....

Moeyo Ken OVA page (http://www.mmv.co.jp/products/flyer/moeyo_ken/)
Each volume has a special edition that comes with a figure.

Ainana
2003-12-09, 21:19
After seeing this post, I tried downloading it....

Yeesh! Definitely good if you like Sakura Taisen... but...
for me, very colorful race cars and automatic battle suits in the meiji era were a little too much for me to swallow.

I feel very sorry for the spirits of the Shinsengumi. I think this would only depress them.

tanuki
2003-12-09, 22:41
After seeing this post, I tried downloading it....

Yeesh! Definitely good if you like Sakura Taisen... but...
for me, very colorful race cars and automatic battle suits in the meiji era were a little too much for me to swallow.

I feel very sorry for the spirits of the Shinsengumi. I think this would only depress them.

I agree that the race car really was too much. Also, the token male characters were disposable and the story seemed a bit heavy handed in it's "out with the old, in with the new" attitude towards those things which were pre-Meiji.

Keitaro
2003-12-10, 03:29
So they are the daughters of the very famous Shinsengumi members. Race cars, mecha battle armour, come on, and this supposed to be in the Meji era. It seems to unreal for me. I think I'll pass this up.

Hao Asakura
2003-12-10, 20:50
So they are the daughters of the very famous Shinsengumi members. Race cars, mecha battle armour, come on, and this supposed to be in the Meji era. It seems to unreal for me. I think I'll pass this up.

Yeah, I think all the girls' names are so similar to the names from Peacemaker Kurogane. This movie was quite hilarious to me since it is about a bunch of samurai girls Shinsengumi-style driving a Batman looked-alike car fighting demons. The funny thing is they not even do anything with that car. First, I thought that car might do something like a James Bond's car. And all those their armors, the girls suddenly change from samurai to Bubblegum Crisis. In overall, this show is so hard to accept for samurai-fans. Just like somebody mentioned before, it is a Sakura Taisen type movie with a Shinsengumi background. So do not expect any cool fighting with swords.

mysticarcher
2004-01-27, 00:02
I think this should be the place for this

so I was looking at the anime Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken, and the links they give for more info either don't tell me what it's about (the ANN Encyclopedia one) or are in Japanese (the official site)

so what kind of story is it?

xris
2004-01-27, 04:38
I think this should be the place for this

so I was looking at the anime Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken, and the links they give for more info either don't tell me what it's about (the ANN Encyclopedia one) or are in Japanese (the official site)

so what kind of story is it?

This is the correct place for your thread :) There's another thread about this show, here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=2453), it has been active for a while since the series is an OVA and there was about six weeks between the release of the first and second fansub episode.

Have a read of the comments in there to get an idea of what it is about. I may merge the two threads together at some point.

Walküre
2004-01-27, 05:06
sheeesh, after the first few posts, i thought "Cool, a new Samurai Show with the Shinsegumi"

but...now !

RaceCars ??? and Automatic Battle Suits ???? in the Meji Era ????

come on.....

i think i'll pass on this one and wait for Samurai Champloo and continue to watch Peace Maker Kurogane

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-28, 00:50
yeah... i don't see how the two would jive at all... although I guess to some.... mixing new things into the old era would be interesting I find it revolting and would agree with someone who earlier said that the shinsengumi would be depressed after seeing this... i know I am