PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist 9 is out

BlackDove
2003-12-01, 15:39
Just letting everyone know so they can start downloading - my download speed is slow so start downloading to fasten it up. ;)

Now that I think about it, I wanted to ask how much do you people upload (to find out what are average connections out there) Mine's 50kb/s max.

Xiandu
2003-12-01, 16:59
Downloading it right now:D . I usually set my upload rate to 15kb/s max because i have an upload limit. I try to keep it open as long as possible though so that people may still get a download from seeds.

GreyArea
2003-12-01, 17:26
There isnt really much need to post here saying its available, most people check the main site regularly enough to catch it anyhow :P

I never cap my max upload rate, I consider that a bit stingy (unless your seeding multiple files). I always leave it go until its seeded to file to between 150-200% of the file size, then axe it.

Im looking forward to this ep, should be good :)

Sledeau
2003-12-01, 17:31
Another great episode. :)

BlackDove
2003-12-01, 18:17
Well when I posted it, the file had like 10 seeds, and 200 people pushing the "download" button, so I thought I'd yell it here :p

And yeah, another great episode.

|Aion|
2003-12-01, 18:58
True it was a great episode,One thing im especailly proud to see is at the end of episode 9 they finally bring it back to the present.I just cant stand shows that keep showing past life episode(guess is what you could call it),would have been ok to do what they did if episode 1 and 2 were actually 10 and 11.

Starfall
2003-12-01, 19:08
Maybe I should put this in a spoiler?
Yep, really good ep indeed. I love the way Edward says he now is the owner and makes all the miners angry, and then sells the mine for a night at the inn. And the guy that gets beat up in the end: BWAHAHAHAHAA:heh::heh:

futago
2003-12-01, 20:37
FMA is really an awesome series, i just hope there is a forum section for it, i think it really deserves it, and considering the downloads it has when a new episode comes out. Tho i'm a Naruto fan, but i'm starting to like FMA more and more. Anime wise, i think FMA is better than Naruto.

Starfall
2003-12-01, 20:53
Maybe..... But Naruto is cooler!:D
It definatly needs an own section, yes

FlyByNite
2003-12-01, 21:14
Just watched it and it was a good episode
Is Mustang using Ed as a kind of PR counter to the perception of the military? So now are we back to present day? It seemed like we went 3 years forward at the end of the episode so we're back around the time in the first episode. It would make sense since we had Mustang talk about Ed's notoriety spreading through the East. I doubt that would happen with one mission, so that must have taken place after a few months.

Yea, It would be nice to see FMA get it's own forum. It's supposed to be 52 episodes so it will be around for awhile. Whether it's licensed before then or not tho....

cbm5
2003-12-01, 21:15
True it was a great episode,One thing im especailly proud to see is at the end of episode 9 they finally bring it back to the present.I just cant stand shows that keep showing past life episode(guess is what you could call it),would have been ok to do what they did if episode 1 and 2 were actually 10 and 11.

Yeah, I was thinking they were going for a "longest flashback ever" record. I was also getting scared that they would pull an "Arabian Nights" on us, and start telling stories within stories and flashbacks within flashbacks. Hopefully we are back up to the present now, and that wasn't just a flash-forward for purposes of reinforcing a point in the flashback.

Charmplus
2003-12-01, 22:25
Yes, I too think that FMA should have its own forum.

Btw, anyone else who read the manga notice that the Alchemist Raira (romanized), or Ryla was in the anime? I think she was added to include a little more action and to help establish Ed's views for the reader on what an alchemist should do for the public (helping it, that is).

OMchan
2003-12-01, 22:33
Ep09 was a nice episode, and yeah, I enjoyed the beating up part near the end, too. ^^;; Hehehe ... can't wait for more like always. ^^

indicatoto101
2003-12-02, 01:03
Another great episode. :)

Yes, another great episode. Definately worth watching the whole series so far from what I've seen.

Lord Raiden
2003-12-02, 03:07
Oh man, this episode KICKED @$$!! :D

I also did find it interesting that they spent the first two episodes setting up the charecters, then 7 giving the basic back history of the charecters. Now they're back where they started on the first episode. Interestingly enough, I've noticed that the studio is taking its time picking through this story, not rushing it or letting it drag. They're also doing a good job building suspence and filling in answers where needed, and holding them back where not.

Oh, and who's voting that Ed eventually hooks up with the cute mechanic tool loving chick that visited him in the last couple of episodes? Whiny was it? They're not giving a jaw droping gorgeous opening shot in the opening credits just for GP. There's definately something more gonna happen with that. Personally, I'd love to see Ed get hooked up with her. She's cute. :D :love:

Keitaro
2003-12-02, 05:49
good episode, i loved how Ed just gave the deed to the towns people in exchange for rent in the inn. im glad they went back to the present at the end of the episode.

i agree Winry is cute but her whiny voice gotta go, it down right annoying sometimes. i too hope Ed and Winry hook up sometime they would look very cute together but i wonder what will it take for Ed to admit he has feelings for her.

GreyArea
2003-12-02, 11:30
A nice episode, good too see a more lighthearted tone after the last few eps, nice contrast. I think its clearly setting up for Ed and Winry to get together at some point (no rush there though, there's 41 more episodes they can use to build a relationship in).

Im hoping we'll get more 'flashback' episodes, myself. I want to see what else they did for two years, and also see more on that ScarFace bloke. Id also like to know more about those mysterious Alchemists we saw at the end of the second episode.

I think Mustang has taken Ed under his wing as they share the same mind-set on how things should be. His attitude has seen his 'promotion' where he's being sent off to the middle of nowhere, Im guessing there are internal power-struggles within the military, and someone wants to get Mustang out of the way.

Its looking very promising so far. I cant wait for more :)

Starfall
2003-12-02, 13:06
I don't like winry so much, she doesn't seem my type:D, But they fit together....
But I'm starting to get tired of the line in the beginning when Elric says something about equivilant trade and they believed that when they were young. It's irritating after ten times and re-watching

Hunter
2003-12-02, 13:22
Yeah, I was thinking they were going for a "longest flashback ever" record.

lol 24 of the 25 episodes of the anime of Berserk were flashbacks ;)

NenMaster
2003-12-02, 20:35
another ep to watch, i love this, having 10 series to watch, new eps each day of the week :)

BigFire
2003-12-02, 22:20
Yes, I too think that FMA should have its own forum.

Btw, anyone else who read the manga notice that the Alchemist Raira (romanized), or Ryla was in the anime? I think she was added to include a little more action and to help establish Ed's views for the reader on what an alchemist should do for the public (helping it, that is).

She's also there to add a bit more tooth to the threat posed to the miners. As soon as Ed conned the deed to the mine and remove her amulet (which can only do one thing), the corrupt military stooge collapse.

Kempis Curious
2003-12-03, 02:52
I'll be the putz around here and say I didn't like this ep. Reminded me too much of a Lone Ranger episode... I don't think the bad guy would have fallen for the fake gold trick, and since he did Edward has just made him a mortal enemy for no reason than to help some stupid miners.

Also Winry showing up in the last ep just to leave in this ep was lame. No mention of her designs on Eddy or the trauma of the last ep . :( Bleah.

-k