PDA

View Full Version : Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko Licensed?

Xiandu
2003-12-02, 06:50
I noticed that Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV is no longer posted. When did this anime get licensed and by who? I really liked the OVA and thought the first episode was interesting enough to keep following it.

xris
2003-12-02, 07:23
I noticed that Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV is no longer posted. When did this anime get licensed and by who? I really liked the OVA and thought the first episode was interesting enough to keep following it.

Just to define the status of these two shows first.

Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV is not licensed.
Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko OVA is licensed and the DVD is readily available.

The link (for the TV show) is no longer visible on AnimeSuki, not because it has been licensed (because it hasn't) but because the site hosting the torrents is no longer available, or at least the torrent isn't there anymore. If a torrent gets removed from a site, AnimeSuki marks it as 'Inactive' and after a few days it's removed altogether.

For the life of me I cannot remember what site first hosted the torrent, it might have been anime.mircx.com for example (it wasn't that long ago, begining of Oct). Infinite-Zero was the group who subbed ep 1 and apart from that one, there are no more digisubs yet (but it may be possible to find older digisubs taken from the video release of a couple of years ago). I-Z have an IRC channel so perhaps you could ask about it there.

Xiandu
2003-12-03, 04:11
Oh ok, I thought it got licensed lol. My bad, forgot that duh torrents go bad after awhile. Go check out their site. Thanks for the info. As always keep up the good job.

FYI, I do know that the OVA was licensed a long ass time ago. What got me interested in the tv show.

Shouta
2003-12-03, 17:13
As mentioned by xris, the TV show isn't licensed. The torrent was originally up on mIRCX's BT page but I don't know if it's still up.

If you need it, come by the channel on ETG and I'll give you a send if you PM me there.

Xiandu
2003-12-03, 21:49
No i have the 1st ep. However that got me thinking. What happened to the rest of the series. Was that a teaser and the actual series hasn't started yet? Any info would be appreciated. I can't go to the japanese websites cause i can't read it.

Shouta
2003-12-03, 22:19
The series is 26 episodes and ran from April 4, 1999-September 26, 1999. So it's about 5 years old now. I have a few of the DVDs and someone we plan on working with apparently as the rest of them. We haven't put it out mainly because I've been very busy with school and I do the main component (translation.

Xiandu
2003-12-04, 02:01
Really?!?! the tv series is that old? then how old is the ova? i thought the ova was that old. Hmm guess i didn't know shit about this series. Also i wonder why it never got licensed seeing as the ova did. i know some people like myself who liked the ova

Shouta
2003-12-04, 14:44
The OVAs aren't much older maybe 2 or 3 years tops. I'll check the exact date later.