PDA

View Full Version : Stop fansubbing (and let me get on with my life)

cbm5
2003-12-02, 21:12
Please...I mean it!

Just...stop. The thirteen-plus series I'm following now will just become a memory and disappear from my overflowing hard drives, eventually deleted forever.

Time-Warner will no longer constrict my bandwidth ten days into each new month. I may actually be able to make progress on the dishes in the sink, and old projects could be picked back up and finished.

A day could go by when I do not compare something to last night's episodes, and I would not waste time worrying about what will happen in the next batch. No more impatiently watching the progress meter crawl on a Bittorrent window, and no more getting angry with faceless fellow Bittorrent users who "obviously" are throttling their outgoing bandwidth.

So...how do you deal with it? Obviously I'm not. Is it possible to put down the crack pipe...errr, bittorrent tracker, and at least arrange an even split between fansubs and a somewhat normal life?

Iron Monkey
2003-12-02, 21:22
How to deal with it? Anime Addicts Anonymous maybe?

Radd
2003-12-02, 21:23
It pays to be picky. Aside from Galaxy Railways, there's not much I'm really compelled to watch right now. I've got all of the BLAME! logs, but those were a short 6 minutes a piece, and Macross Zero comes out like once every 6 months. The first season of Gao Gai Gar has all been watched, and I have Macross 7 on DVD.

It also helps that me and some friends get together every Saturday to spend the entire day watching anime, and then I don't really watch any more the rest of the week except when my Girlfriend comes over to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I'm not certain any of that helps much, but really, what sort of responses can a thread like this expect?

Xiandu
2003-12-02, 21:25
LOL!!! I totally know how you feel. Btw do you have good connections when before your bandwidth is slowed down by timewarner. If not there is a way to get your speeds up. I am currently following about 25 different shows and I have no idea how i am going to keep up once my job goes back to full time. Let alone the little manga that i read as well. Or the new dvd's that release. It is worse than crack, but at least you can enjoy it without dying right?

Shift_
2003-12-02, 21:34
what exactly is bandwidth ten days?

KeishoumoriDei
2003-12-02, 21:44
Hmm.. worse than crack eh xiandu? Man.. I can see it now.. headline news: Rehab centers opened for anime addicts! Heheheh... Ooh, and on topic, if you're trying to put down the "crack pipe," don't even try it. Trust me, you'll go through more pain than if you were to keep things the way they are. Anime is a scary thing.. and once you're in it, you can be sure that getting out will be painful..

saku~ya
2003-12-02, 21:54
Heh, you need to now when to limit yourself to a couple of fansubs at a time. I'm currently at around 10+ and I am happy at that level. Of course my hard drive isn't coping with that. I just need to remember to take care of that when I am done watching it. Follow a couple and when you get used to it go higher if you want ^_~

maxthelostboy
2003-12-02, 21:56
well they have rehab for everquest ever since that kid kileld himself cause he got messed up in the game( dont ever let anime do that to you)i guess it's the side of a personw ho wants everything but doesnt have time to download it all with all the new eps out a day and such. If you feel you need more just download and burn eps and watch them when ever possible. DOnt get crazy of watching it the minute it comes out

zalas
2003-12-02, 21:57
Heh, you need to now when to limit yourself to a couple of fansubs at a time. I'm currently at around 10+ and I am happy at that level. Of course my hard drive isn't coping with that. I just need to remember to take care of that when I am done watching it. Follow a couple and when you get used to it go higher if you want ^_~
It's also very easy to limit yourself to the number of fansubs you watch when you get REALLY busy.

Lord Raiden
2003-12-02, 22:00
LOL!! :D 13 is nothing! There's people here following as many as 90 series. :) Myself, I'm following 23 at this time including OVA's. So don't feel bad. hehe.

Tzurial
2003-12-02, 22:05
Willpower! The same thing that keeps me from eating every cookie I see. (Although I do check my downloads constantly..how can you not?!) Also its easy to focus on schoolwork when I have a scholarship that will DUMP me if I dont get a 3.5 average! ooh the pressure!

KeishoumoriDei
2003-12-02, 22:05
HOLY Crep! 90 series! How do they know what happened in the last episode!?! Dang that guy's got good memory... 5 is enough to confuse me...

Lord Raiden
2003-12-02, 22:11
Heck if I know. But back in the old forum before they dumped it I had started a "How many series are you following?" thread and one guy logged in 90 different series complete with names. Now THAT is an anime addict. :)

Xiandu
2003-12-02, 22:22
My God i thought i was a sick freak for following 25 fansubs and another 11 on licensed dvd. It is hard to keep track of the series sometimes but i just load up the last ep before to get a refresher if i need to. Normally i don't though because the crop of anime that i am watching all have their differences. Watching everything from Macross Zero to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Wide variety keeps you interested without getting confused. My does spin time to time. And almost as addictive is watching that damn bit torrent bar every chance you get. Love thy anime.

KeishoumoriDei
2003-12-02, 23:03
Amen to that, xiandu. No matter how confused, frustrated or disturbed you get, always remember to love thy anime. Tis true, no?

Tomomi
2003-12-02, 23:06
LOL!! :D 13 is nothing! There's people here following as many as 90 series. :) Myself, I'm following 23 at this time including OVA's. So don't feel bad. hehe.

90 series!? Wow, that's a lot! Ehehe, it's amazing how you guys can keep up with so many series... I only have 15 series to cover for now... :love:

Xiandu
2003-12-02, 23:14
Well i wouldn't call it "amazing" as i would call it "sick". =) Oh and tis very true. very true indeed.

cbm5
2003-12-02, 23:19
90 series!? Wow, that's a lot! Ehehe, it's amazing how you guys can keep up with so many series... I only have 15 series to cover for now... :love:

Hmm I don't know if it would be physically possible to cover 90 series. That would be like 45 hours per week, assuming a weekly release cycle. Ok so maybe it's possible but definitely sick. I don't even think 90 different series have been going at one time. Maybe they were counting all the series they have followed in the past, which looks a lot more reasonable.

Tomomi
2003-12-02, 23:27
Hmm I don't know if it would be physically possible to cover 90 series. That would be like 45 hours per week, assuming a weekly release cycle. Ok so maybe it's possible but definitely sick. I don't even think 90 different series have been going at one time. Maybe they were counting all the series they have followed in the past, which looks a lot more reasonable.

Maybe... :heh:

Anyway, only 15 series and my mum is already nagging me to get off the com, stop watching anime and coming to animesuki forum so that I can do my homework! But it is not as if I wanna do my homework. So boring... :(

Xiandu
2003-12-02, 23:35
Funny this is, when I was in high school, I use to not do my homework because of tv or going out to play basketball or soccer. PC's where not as accessible and cheap enough that everyone had one(or 3 like at my apartment) let alone a kid in high school. My how times have changed. Listen to me lol sounding like an old man romcl

PocariSweat
2003-12-03, 00:45
I d/l more Anime than I can possibly watch (storing it up for lean times ahead I guess). I almost never watch regular TV anymore (maybe a good thing). Also, after watching so much, I'm beginning to get more and more interested in the Japanese language. This makes things even worse since I'll have to pause when viewing to look words up!

Ah, Anime is a harsh mistress...

hunterx
2003-12-03, 01:24
burn your computer. it does wonders for your real life and yea it pays to be picky. if something is crap I just don't bother with it. After forcing myself to watch all of rahxephon I vowed never to watch shit again. avenger, gsg, kimi no crap, saiyaku, chromo crusade, gilamesh and the list goes on I avoid like the plague

Relentless
2003-12-03, 01:57
Get a girlfriend, or more, if possible :heh: I assure you, it beats any anime, past or future :D

I d/l more Anime than I can possibly watch (storing it up for lean times ahead I guess).

Ah, are you also getting ready for the BIG FANSUB CRACKDOWN naysayers, pundits and other "industry types" are forecasting since, well, since I have awareness?

I don't believe it, but even so, out of almost 1,500 CDs with anime, I might have watched about 50 lol. I bet nobody is more hopeless than me. Each season, I follow 2 or 3 series only but I keep overworking my poor modem, thinking "looks interesting, some day..." :P

How do I do it? Like some people said here, I'm picky... The aforementioned girlfriend... And I have to work to eat. After many unsucessful trials, I can't get any nourishment from coasters or DVD wrappers >_<

But I'm cheating a bit in my watched/stored CD ratio. Those anime I like, I keep watching them many times. I must have watched SaiKano, Haibane Renmei, Azumanga and Witch Hunter Robin about 10 times each. And right now, I must have watched Gunslinger Girl 4 about 50 times :heh:

Kenji Ikari
2003-12-03, 02:01
heh, I'm following more then 16 series currently airing in Japan, saw at least one episode of at least 4 other, currently buying the DVDs of three other series, now and then downloading about 15 older series when I can, currently trading for three different series, and downloading shorter series/OVAs like Tenchi3, Macross Zero, Noiseman Sound Insect, Urda, Etc. almost whenever I see them.

But that's problably because I didn't have any classes this semester and I haven't watched any real TV in a while...

Kempis Curious
2003-12-03, 02:06
I almost never watch regular TV anymore (maybe a good thing).

Yeah it's a good thing. Nearly all TV is a waste of time, especially with all those commercial breaks, and you have to watch what they give you. Some of my friends have tivo, and they say without that they wouldn't ever watch TV. With fansubbed anime you don't have to worry 'bout none of that. :)

I gave it up completely, my television is in my closet. If I'm not watching anime I'll be out doing martial arts or something else outside the house.

I can imagine not wanting to miss episodes of an anime that isn't awesome but still has some good points. For me that includes Shingetsutan Tsukihime, that Kimi no Eien whatever, Digi Charat Nyo, etc etc. The great thing about animesuki and the forums is you can hear people talk about anime you might have given up on and go get it again. :) I gave up on Scrapped Princess but later picked it up again after hearing people talk about it here. It worked well, the ending was better than the beginning of that anime.

-k

thank god I ain't got a limit on my downloading. I do about a gig a day, mostly overnight.

Xiandu
2003-12-03, 04:22
burn your computer. it does wonders for your real life and yea it pays to be picky. if something is crap I just don't bother with it. After forcing myself to watch all of rahxephon I vowed never to watch shit again. avenger, gsg, kimi no crap, saiyaku, chromo crusade, gilamesh and the list goes on I avoid like the plague

hunterx, are you saying that you don't like any of those shows? I happen to love all those shows with the exception of Saiyuki. I can't imagine that you would hate 'em. If you do hate them, then what are you currently watching?

AnimeFangirl
2003-12-03, 04:45
burn your computer. it does wonders for your real life and yea it pays to be picky. if something is crap I just don't bother with it. After forcing myself to watch all of rahxephon I vowed never to watch shit again.
Ah, you poor thing, a similar thing happened to me, except I'd already wasted tons of CDs burning that stuff before I watched it :mad:. Tragic. It took the GSeed, LE and GetBackers fiascos to finally convince me not to just dl stuff because it was there. I mean, on one hand that's how I got into Ippo, on the other hand I've ended up wasting a lot of time, bandwidth and CDs in the past. Some of them are so sucky I can't even give them away. This season I'm only semi-following Mermaid's Forest and that's because I read the manga and behold, I saw that it was good. Maybe I'm just picky, but I think anime fans in general could benefit from a little more discernment in their choice of what to watch.

Xiandu
2003-12-03, 07:29
Ummm, by LE are saying Last Exile? I liked Gundam Seed, but then again I'm a huge Gundam fan. However, we may not agree which series are crap, but we can agree we have wasted must bandwith, time, and cdrs on crap. But hey it's ok though, at least we know now not to waste our money for the dvd's then find out it's crap. BTW I loved RahXephon as well. All in the eye of the beholder, one man's posion. another man's paradise.

Hao Asakura
2003-12-03, 08:31
thank god I ain't got a limit on my downloading. I do about a gig a day, mostly overnight.

Exactly the same as me. I do a 1 Gb downloading everyday, mostly anime. Kinda confused what to do with my TV. Almost never touch my TV these days. I already left my PS2 and cable TV for weeks. What a waste :heh:

tkcom
2003-12-03, 08:32
What I'm doing is "anime survivor" that I get rid of a series when it doesn't seem interesting anymore and keep only what I personally like. Then, you can have quality titles and more HDD space. No regret what so ever.

Like this season, I got rid of [first to recently]: (9)
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Avenger, Saiyuki Reload, 100 Stories, Cromartie, Maburaho, Galaxy Railways

4/9 are related to high school!

...and still keep: (10)
Fullmetal Alchemist, PlanetES, Bottle Fairy, Gunslinger Girl, Mermaid's Forest, Peacemaker Kurogane, Gilgamesh, BPS, Mujin Wakusei Survive, Chrno Crusade

What it's time to let something go, just let it go.

Shii
2003-12-03, 08:34
tkcom you have good taste :D

Thelastguardian
2003-12-03, 21:12
For me I just stop having anything to do with anime for 6 months, then download all those full-series packs XD for ten days. but you must have strong willpower ;-D

Right now I need to reset my ADSL modem every three days because of the stress i put on it. I constantly do 30kb+ upload and at least 50kb download :-) , and I just brought a 120gb hd and a dvd-r burner to deal with all these :)

Iron Monkey
2003-12-03, 21:21
Well, following, I'm guessing u mean watching. If it's that, then it's aight for me, I'm able to follow around 20 or so series right now. However, I'm d/l way more than I can watch. I'm d/l about 100 different series right now. I dunno why I do it, it's just too damn tempting to.

Grifis
2003-12-03, 21:33
You know nowadays with digi fansubs and all, it's a luxury. I remember there were more efforts involved (like researching & mailing out letters) in getting the old traditional vhs fansubs not mentioning having to wait for months and months for the next volume. Now they're available right at your finger tips and every week. I have no complain 'cause I don't download every single things that's out there and I actually watched what I downloaded. Currently following:
Old: Tenshi na Konamaiki, Nadja, Condor Heroes, GetBackers, Inu Yasha, Juuni Kokki, Naruto.
New: BPS, Mermaid Forest, KimiNozo, PMK, Twin Spica, PlanetES.

Grifis

jamuraa
2003-12-03, 21:43

Ok, I'm the guy who listed so many series. It's too bad that post is gone now, many people were pretty amazed and I lost the list myself. It is not hard to keep up with the anime being released. By no means are all 100+ series being fansubbed and released every week. I get a good clip of shows being released in a week though. Today I have 13 episodes in my incoming folder yet to be sorted into other folders, but most of those are from yesterday. I have approximately 45 episodes on my "to-watch" list, which doesn't include the 13 above. Some of the series I count as following, I am getting on DVD from greencine.com, so they don't come to me as quickly as I'd like, but that also means that I don't have to watch them all at once. There are approximately 90 unfinished series on my hard drive right now (fansubs). I should work out how many series I actually watch in a week.

I usually put in about 1-2 hours of anime watching a day. This lets me watch ~6 episodes a day, which lets me keep up with releases most days, and catch up as well. I watch everything I download -- if I wasn't going to watch it, what is the point in downloading it.

There are scant few series that I am not downloading and watching as they release. Most of them are because they started fansubbing before I started watching fansubs, which means they've gone on for a VERY long time. Some series I consider getting back episodes of because I run out of anime to watch every once in a while (I'm not wathcing Mahoujin Guru Guru, but I may start it soon). Basically, you name it, I download it and watch it. I believe I should be member #1 of Anime Addicts (not-so) Anonymous

KeishoumoriDei
2003-12-03, 23:34
God.. I hate all you people.. My computer has only 30 GIGS!! ONLY 30! It fills up like there is NO tommorow! Oh, and I have the same issues as you guys. My GC and PS2 is sitting collecting dust, my PC games are rusting, my TV started pondering about the secrets of the universe, and I accidentaly wrote Japanese on my French assignment at school.....

Kempis Curious
2003-12-03, 23:41
(I'm not wathcing Mahoujin Guru Guru, but I may start it soon). Basically, you name it, I download it and watch it. I believe I should be member #1 of Anime Addicts (not-so) Anonymous

Either you have an impressive tolerance to mediocre anime, or an ability to enjoy the good parts of all anime without being annoyed by the bad. :)

I'd advise you and everyone here to watch Mahoujin Guru Guru. The main characters make one of the cutest couples I've ever seen in anime, and the insult humor is almost as good as Urusei Yatsura. :D I've watched up to ep 10 so far and I'm totally in love with this anime. :love:

You know nowadays with digi fansubs and all, it's a luxury. I remember there were more efforts involved (like researching & mailing out letters) in getting the old traditional vhs fansubs not mentioning having to wait for months and months for the next volume.
I remember that too, so when I first was able to download significant amounts of anime with FTP I habitually kept everything I downloaded... even if I didn't care to watch it again. I was used to saving anime in case someone else wanted to trade it or download it from me. :)

Then came Kazaa, then DC, and now animesuki... GAWD I'm in heaven having too much anime!!! ^_^ We have the luxury of quality over quantity. If someone doesn't like my collection they can move on to someone else.

I'm only worried that this will all end someday when if our various governments choose to tax us by the megabyte, and then video file sharing dries up. :(

-k

Circle
2003-12-03, 23:49
Having a small HD is a good way to limit yourself... well, not really :). My HD is 30GB also and I follow 13 series. The ones I burn onto CDR are FMA, KimiNozo, Bottle Fairy (how can you not resist burning all 13 episodes on just 2 CDs!), and ROD. The others I watch and delete. Gonna start watching One Piece also so lota stuff I'll have to delete. Maybe just a 20GB HD will be more effective, neh?

Tomomi
2003-12-03, 23:49
God.. I hate all you people.. My computer has only 30 GIGS!! ONLY 30! It fills up like there is NO tommorow! Oh, and I have the same issues as you guys. My GC and PS2 is sitting collecting dust, my PC games are rusting, my TV started pondering about the secrets of the universe, and I accidentaly wrote Japanese on my French assignment at school.....

Hey, my com is even worse! I only have 20 gigs! So you can imagine how much burning I have to do frequently. :p

Circle
2003-12-03, 23:52
Haha, so how many series do you watch, Tomomi?

RavenChild
2003-12-03, 23:56
Hey, my com is even worse! I only have 20 gigs! So you can imagine how much burning I have to do frequently. :p

I guess being a computer nerd does not pay off when it comes to anime. i have 60, 60, 50(scsi), 80, 40, 10(scsi), and a 20. about 400-500 GB of fansubbed anime if you include some dvd's and cd's i've burnt. having 2 dvd-rw's and 3 cd-rw's really helps with backup. the scsi's are used for sharing anime since they are faster than ide. as for series, i have about 18 going right now.

GATX207_Blitz
2003-12-04, 00:08
man you people are crazy where do you find the time to do this??? ah o well I guess if thats what makes you happy then thats good because you know that A.I. gravitation posts like 25 times a day on these forums and that makes him happy I think totally his posts range around 720-750...(may have changed dramatically by the time your read this.)

anyways I am currently following only 3 series: Avenger, Shingetsutan Tsukhime, and Planetes

and as for a way to deal with the amount of time consumed the best solution, in my opinion, is to either find a way for someone that you trust to hold onto your computer for about 1 week...because it takes 21 days to form a bad habit and 3-4 days to stop one. those 3-4 days are extremely difficult, but I'm pretty sure that that was the amount of days it took to get rid of the habit. Then once you get your computer back you should start off a better habit and follow less series and d/l less too because the less you have the less you'll be able to watch or you could always just stop period...but you won't will you :nono:

Tomomi
2003-12-04, 00:16
Haha, so how many series do you watch, Tomomi?

14 series desu! But I'm thinking of adding Maburaho soon. :D

hunterx
2003-12-04, 00:26
hunterx, are you saying that you don't like any of those shows? I happen to love all those shows with the exception of Saiyuki. I can't imagine that you would hate 'em. If you do hate them, then what are you currently watching?

ah maybe crap was a little too harsh :) but what I do is I watch one or two episodes then I decide whether to continue watching it or not. It doesn't mean I won't come back later on if it turns out to be good but I won't keep downloading until it turns good. When I saw gungrave 1, I thought bleh.. but then a couple of weeks later I began to hear it was really good and I watch 2-8 straight and it was good. Chrono Crusade 1 also didn't impress me but I'm hearing good things about eps 2 so I'll wait and see how it turns out. The only anime I hate is romance anime. I watched like 1 minute of kimi no g before I deleted it

I'm watching FMA, peacemaker, maburaho and rod tv.

Xiandu
2003-12-04, 00:38
Cool, I hate romance anime too. Although Kimi has been the exception. The story really takes off at the end of ep2 and then 3-9 are just heart wrenching stuff. I try to at least watch 5-6 eps before giving up on a series. Or i try to find out abou the manga or game the anime is based and see if it was any good. Tsukihime is not a romance anime so it's safe there. Maburaho i have been downloading hoping for something more than the typical fanservice, but so far it has greatly disappointed me. Still i will continue to collect it to see if does redeem itself. I hear that it does get deeper so i will see. Great thing about bit torrent and fansubs now is if you don't like the show you can delete it without having to waste money. Done that wayyyyy to many times with dvds and have waste hundreds if not thousands of dollars that way. Now i can spend my money on dvds that i really want.

Lord Raiden
2003-12-04, 01:42
The other plus is (and I'm hoping the anime companies see it this way) that with fansubs, if a series is good, it gives people who love the series move incentive to buy the DVD's and reward the companies for producing a great anime. It also forces the really bad ones to get better, which is good for both parties in the end. I know I've bought far more DVD's since getting into fansubs than I did before. Probubly because I've been introduced to a much larger collection of anime. :)

Oh, and I did manage to get myself down to 18 series now from 23 as I got to close out 5 more. 3 of which have gone stagnet (darned fansub groups quit them halfway through and nobody picked them up afterwords) and hence have been purged from my collection. The problem is I've now got at least 3-5 more waiting for me at work which I'm downloading to evaluate (thank you OC3!! Woohoo!) and will probubly follow. :D

eXistenZ
2003-12-04, 02:02
im currently watching 12 series.

i watched alot of anime.

im currently watching.

Naruto
Twin Spica
Gunslinger Girl
Peacemaker
Kimi Ga..
BPS
Air Master
Shadow Skill TV
Gilgamesh
Macross Zero
Maburaho
Planetes

Have watched
Last Exile
Macross Plus
NGE
Witch Hunter Robin
Saikano
Ghost in The Shell SAC<incomplete> & Movie
Bubblegum Crisis
Akira
eX-Driver
Initial D
Mahoromatic
Onegai Twins
RahXephon
Stellvia
Haibane Renmei
Ikkitousen
Kiddy Grade
Ninja Scroll<incomplete>
Rave Master
AD Police
Angel Cop
Armitage
Cowboy Bebop
Dominion Tank Police
El Hazard
Gall Force
Golden Boy
.hack
Jin Roh
Kimera
Kite
Lain
Macross<not robotech>
Metropolis
Ninja Resurrection
Rurouni Kenshin
Spirited Away
Venus Wars
X
and more that ive forgotten.

ive also seen sailormoon and dbz, they got me into a anime addiction and then i found out astro boy and transformers that i used to watch as a kid were anime.

we have this wicked video store in my city that has pretty much every series licensed in NA and imports all for rent. well last time i was there 3 years ago anyways.

there are some i definatly still wanna see.

if i had satelite id be watching japanese tv. tho id be lost for story since i dont speak japanese. all in all i probably watch 40+ hours of tv a week including fansubs and movies.

im waiting on a download of peacemaker as we speak and ill probably check the mirc bt and animesuki pages 2 to 3 times before i goto bed in 3 hours.

on average i tranfer in and out about 60 to 80 gigs a month. more then half of it is uploading

PocariSweat
2003-12-04, 02:14
The other plus is (and I'm hoping the anime companies see it this way) that with fansubs, if a series is good, it gives people who love the series move incentive to buy the DVD's and reward the companies for producing a great anime.

This is very true - I also buy more now than I ever did before. Originally I knew I liked some anime, but all those titles ment nothing to me. I had no idea what I liked and what I didn't and $25-$30 per DVD is too expensive a way to find out.

After all, why are the most popular and best selling Animes the ones people can see for free on Cartoon Network? It's not that people run out to buy it for the few fanservice scenes CN cuts out - it's just that people buy what they know. It's a real problem for Anime - so many series run for only a season, which means you can't bank on the return of popular characters to carry a show.

You can be pretty sure a new Tenchi will sell for example, but who can say how the gerneral public will go for something like Tsukihime or Planetes? In the U.S. many good series languish in obscurity - completely unknown to the general public.

This is where I do think fansubs can help, but oddly only if they become *more* popular. It's still very much a niche market. And while I'm sure the studios look with apprehension at skyrocketing popularity of digisubs, I hope they can see past the knee-jerk RIAA fever and understand not to kill the golden goose.

Shii
2003-12-04, 02:47
I have an 80GB drive but after software and Linux, that's more like 40GB. And there's plenty of room left :p

PocariSweat
2003-12-04, 02:59
I have an 80GB drive but after software and Linux, that's more like 40GB. And there's plenty of room left :p

Ah, then you must not be trying hard enough! :) Let not a lonely gigabyte go un-stuffed with Anime!!!

Hao Asakura
2003-12-04, 11:02

Give your free hard disk space to me :p
I have a 160 Gb HDD, but I'm using 130 Gb now for my anime. Currently only has 3 Gb space left. Must start burning asap :sad: