PDA

View Full Version : Witch Hunter Robin

lighter junkie
2003-11-03, 18:30
This is like my all time favorite anime, the opening song blew me away when I first watched it the other day. I love this anime so much that I decided to buy the package with all the souvenirs and stuff in it, so right now, I'm sitting here, with my Witch Hunter Robin shirt on, drinking water from the WHR cup while listening to SHELL. I don't know why, but I think I'm mesmerized by the series, it's like my life's energy source now. Wished they would of just released the whole series instead of the first few eps. If anyone knows ANY...evenly faintly related Witch Hunter Robin information, please tellme, you'll be saving a withering soul. :innocent: heh. anyhow. i'll go back to my Robin love.

JAppi
2003-11-03, 18:39
This is like my all time favorite anime, the opening song blew me away when I first watched it the other day. I love this anime so much that I decided to buy the package with all the souvenirs and stuff in it, so right now, I'm sitting here, with my Witch Hunter Robin shirt on, drinking water from the WHR cup while listening to SHELL. I don't know why, but I think I'm mesmerized by the series, it's like my life's energy source now. Wished they would of just released the whole series instead of the first few eps. If anyone knows ANY...evenly faintly related Witch Hunter Robin information, please tellme, you'll be saving a withering soul. :innocent: heh. anyhow. i'll go back to my Robin love.
The reason they don't release the whole series at once is because the company would rather have a gradual supply of money instead of big spikes of money every once and a while.

LynnieS
2003-11-03, 18:45
Releasing one disc at a time also means that the company doesn't have to get all of episodes dubbed before releasing the title for sale.

aiwa
2003-11-03, 20:17
you are wearing the shirt and drinking from the cup?! GAH what about collectors value? I hope you bought a second copy and kept it shrink wrapped hehe.

NenMaster
2003-11-03, 21:28
it is a good series, i think people are put off cause this series is kinda of slow moving. but i do like this anime

JAppi
2003-11-03, 21:50
it is a good series, i think people are put off cause this series is kinda of slow moving. but i do like this anime
Actaully It's not really that slow, Usually it's only the first 2/3rds of the show that are actually slow. The rest can be rather quickly paced.

NenMaster
2003-11-03, 21:54
i thought it was quite slow, but a good slow. for those naruto guys they wont like this unless they keep at it.

if i didnt watch this i wouldnt of watched junni kokki probally

eLstar
2003-11-03, 23:58
I liked it. It was interesting, I had enough patience to stick through it. The premise didn't feel that different since I've seen Buffy before, so I wasn't that intrigued but it was a pretty good series. Love some of the plot twists (Most were predictible though.)

;)

p.s. Opening Song is so Cool.

kcl822
2003-11-04, 01:22
This was one of my all time favorite show (specially the music). Maybe it is because it is from my favorite genra or maybe because it was one of the first animes that I ever watched. Whatever it is, I would recomend it~

Mao-Yenrai
2003-11-07, 00:56
I've watched a couple episodes like five to be exact. I was just wondering if a real story ever develops or if it stays fairly episodic and based on one or two witches per episode?

boneyjellyfish
2003-11-07, 02:18
This is like my all time favorite anime, the opening song blew me away when I first watched it the other day. I love this anime so much that I decided to buy the package with all the souvenirs and stuff in it, so right now, I'm sitting here, with my Witch Hunter Robin shirt on, drinking water from the WHR cup while listening to SHELL.

Nooooo! Half Pain > Shell! Half Pain r0x0rz j00!

I'll have to agree with everything else you say, though. Witch Hunter Robin is a fantastic series that is marred only by its first 7 or so episodes. Great animation, great music, and a great story. Too bad the first half stunk.

hinata-chan
2003-11-07, 03:44
Witch Hunter Robin is definitely one of my favorite anime of all time. I’ve always been interested in witchcraft, so the storyline was right up my alley. Did anyone notice that it resembled “Le Femme Nikita”? I also liked the unique relationship between Amon and Robin. :)

Gaara11
2003-11-09, 10:22
The only thing I liked about this anime is the opening song. I tried watching it and after seeing 5 eps. that was it for me. Everytime I watch it, I can't finish one eps. w/o me catchin'some zzzzz's. Too dark and slow. My sister finished it and she said it was okay. I'll take her word for it.

microlith
2003-11-09, 11:16
WHR suffers from the fact that it starts, wanders for a while to episodes 13-15 where it has an excellent spike and could have been awesome.

Then it pulls a stupid plot device and whimpers for the rest of the show. Irritated many, many people. Sunrise didn't have the guts to stick with one of the outcomes so they decided for the easier to swallow and far, far weaker one.

The Xenos
2003-11-13, 17:20
Get this, Anime News Network.com is reporting that they ahve confirmed that WHR is coming to Cartoon Netowork. *looks at WHR poster next to him* Hmmm... I wonder if they can find a place for it. It seems too dry for them. I love it when people compare WHR to Law and Order. It doesn't quite work, but on some levels it does. It kinda has the same dryness and intrigue. Plus they are both mature shows.

-Xenos

lighter junkie
2003-11-15, 02:36
it'd be great if it's going to air any time soon, but i just wished there could of been an exclusive channel just for jap animations, cartoon network used to show some really crappy stuff...not sure what it turned into now, but WHR is way too good to be mixed with power puff girls and such. eitherway, i'd rather stick with the dvds, commercials annoy me.

method
2003-11-15, 02:40
The only channel like that is the anime network and it doesn't reach enough homes for Bandai I guess. Most likely it will end up on Adult Swim where the editing is lighter than any other time on the channel.

Quarkboy
2003-11-15, 05:12
If it airs on Adult Swim I doubt there would be much editing done at all...

Most of the previous editing, say for example for Cowboy Bebop, was done for blood, but in WHR there is very little blood in the show anyway, so I doubt much would need to be edited out. Lots of people get shot, sure, but they don't use real bullets (for the most part). The show is pretty subdued in my opinion, at least visually. Whether it will end up being popular, I'm not too sure. Seems a bit slow paced for the standard american TV watching audience.

Gaara11
2003-11-15, 22:13
They'll be showin' WHR on CN at 12 AM? just what I need, a sleeping pill.

method
2003-11-16, 00:39
Well WHR is not officially confirmed for CN just yet.

From Jerry Chu's chat earlier tonight.

Vulkar
2003-11-16, 13:03
I hope they don't cut off the opening and ending of the show. I like those two songs.

Gaara11
2003-11-16, 14:32
I hope they don't cut off the opening and ending of the show. I like those two songs.

They probably won't cut the ending but I'm not to sure w/ the opening though. Remember InuYasha, FLCL etc.

lighter junkie
2003-11-19, 20:56
ah, i just have some random questions about the WHR DVD releases, anyhow, the other day i visited a few of my local vendors [bestbuy/B&N/Sam Goody's etc.] to pick up another copy of the collector's set...but it's all sold out... which was like SHOICKING!!!

so i took a friend's advice and got to ebay, anyhow, i found out there were like completed sets of DVDs sold on ebay already, with all 26 eps for like $16 bucks or something, i know according to the American schedule the series won't be completed until late in 2004, so is this a bootleg version or it's an early release that's never announced to the public. thanks for the info.! cuz i'm considering picking up a copy if the translation's not too shabby.

method
2003-11-19, 21:17
Yep its a bootleg. Anytime you see a 26 episode series on 3 discs on ebay more than likely it is a bootleg.

method
2003-11-24, 03:19
Well Cn has a little annoucement concerning their upcoming schedule for 2004.
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=95321

WHR is confirmed for Feb while SAC and Wolf's Rain are probables, but considering that they actually showed the names of possible acquistions you can almost rest assured that they will end up on AS.

lighter junkie
2003-12-09, 12:57
thanks for acknowledging my questions, anyhow, the long wait for another WHT fix has finally ended, and the second DVD's out here in the U.S. so i'm gonna go grab a copy for myself, and i think people should stop buying the bootleg, it'll be the same as dling off the internet, since the money only profits the bootlegger instead of the anime producers and etc.

Laone
2004-02-09, 14:41
I've been trying to track down what the deal is with WHR DVD 3. I've been told by my local anime store that there is a delay on its release and she is unable to find the first 2 disks also to restock her supply. She said that Bandai is doing their own distributing of this series and appears to be overwhelmed, but that is the first I've heard of it. She said 3 major distributors do not have it available anylonger. With WHR coming to Cartoon Network, is the rest of the US release on DVD going to be nixed? Anyone have any info?
Thanks.

method
2004-02-09, 15:09
I've been trying to track down what the deal is with WHR DVD 3. I've been told by my local anime store that there is a delay on its release and she is unable to find the first 2 disks also to restock her supply. She said that Bandai is doing their own distributing of this series and appears to be overwhelmed, but that is the first I've heard of it. She said 3 major distributors do not have it available anylonger. With WHR coming to Cartoon Network, is the rest of the US release on DVD going to be nixed? Anyone have any info?
Thanks.

If you are having that much trouble, you should try ordering it online.
www.dvdpricesearch.com

Xie
2004-02-09, 20:13
Thanks.

I was just in Best Buy where they have the first two discs and the Collector's box for sale. I can't imagine it's that hard to come by. The third disc will release on Feb 17th, the day after it starts airing on cartoon network. I pre-ordered it back in december and haven't gotten any sort of notice about it not being available, plus disc 4 is up for pre-order now. I'm assuming that the release is going along normally.

RyuHayabusa
2004-02-09, 21:16
I love this show to death and I'm very protective of it and it's characters, since now from what I've read on the anti-yaoi LJ community that yaoi fangirls are "raping" this show by making 2 of the male characters and possibly as a lovey-dovey mess. I can't wait for it to start airing on TV, despite that I've seen the 1st 2 volumes already. BTW, The Sci-Fi channel is developing WHR into a live action series. anime news network has the confirmation. I'll post the link as soon as the site is back up and running.(gah, it went down again) :mad:

Laone
2004-02-10, 01:20
Ya, i was told by my local anime supplier whom i pre-ordered from that she can't get disk 3. Even though Best Buy and other stores/online may have 1 and 2, they already bought them and have them in stock, meaning they were previously purchased before this new "news". The distributors are the ones that are supposedly out, so when they are gone at Best Buy/other stores, they are "gone"...according to what i was told.

I have searched the websites and talked to other vendors, and either they've not heard anything OR they have heard yet don't know what the hold up is.

Luckily I already have the collector's set and disk 2, and pre-orders for disks 3-6...I'm just concerned they aren't coming. She also has been unable to find out why the delay in Twelve Kingdoms 4.

I'm glad to see no one else has heard anything "dreadful" about the disks not being made available to the public. I can only hope this is some kind of distributor mixup on the west coast and not a legitimate problem. Goodness forbid, I rue the day I have to order from cartoonnetwork.com.

Thanks everyone for your input. :) You're all welcome in my world.

RyuHayabusa
2004-02-10, 16:55
Here is the link for the confirmation of the live action Witch Hunter Robin TV series:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4541

naantje
2004-02-10, 21:05
i watched this year ago, and i stopped watching after 3 eps cuz well... i dunno i might go watch it again since i was an anime newbie bak den :>

oXKeNsHiNXo
2004-02-11, 20:41
O MAN O MAN! WHR THREAD HHAHAh! i got like 4 eps to go but MAN! i luv it! my sister got me into watching it and oh man! i was looking up dvd prices the other day and ull know if its bootleg if it says 3 dvd all 26 eps... theres only 2 dvds out so far haha 3rd one coming out soon i ithink... or mebe its out by now but i think it gunna make 5-6 dvds. i think ill wait till its all out and buy a box set sumwhere. hey doesnt the collectors set thing come with a shotglass...? not a cup? hehe i could use that...

Laone
2004-02-12, 18:57
I just talked to my local anime supplier and she said she finally found that WHR 3 is available but for some reason she's unable to restock on 1 and 2.

So according to her, it should be avail on its release date....which for me, i'll go pick it up tomorrow as she gets stuff in a week early. :)

i haven't watched it import, so i'm hanging on ep by ep.

take care everyone.

oDin01
2004-02-12, 23:44
The reason Bandai is having dificulty stocking up with some of their titles is because just this year Geneon no longer distributes their DVD's and now they distribute their own titles. Add to the fact that most of their titles are getting new UPC numbers and prices expect delays. TRSI just got in shipments of WHR vol 3 so I should be seeing this soon.

Keitaro
2004-02-13, 00:30
Has anyone seen the WHR preview thing on CN. It prolly has been showing for a while now, but this was my first time seeing it.