PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of archived threads cached by Google

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:16
Air the Movie
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:5nZpDdumQ3YJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-37931.html

guuchan
2005-08-10, 05:10
Just watched it, and yes, it's time to rant about it.

(What I'm going to say is not really a spoiler so I won't use the spoiler tag, but don't read ahead if you want to watch without being affected by my opinion.)

First of all, the drawing. The drawing of TV version was amazing, while the movie's is... bleh. Misuzu looks all right, but I can't accept Haruko's, especially close-up ones. I was expecting the drawing of movie to be better than TV's, or at least as good, but obviously it didn't turn out so.

Second, the voicing. They're the same seiyuu as of the game's (PS2 version), but somehow the performance has gotten much worse. Misuzu's is a big disappointment --- even comparing to the TV's, which should be done around the same time, Misuzu sounds quite different in the movie. Yukito's (Midorikawa Hikaru, game's Yukito's seiyuu, whom I prefer over Ono Daisuke) is all right, but I still like his performance in the game much more. Hisakawa Aya did a fine job for Haruko, along with others who didn't appear much. (Surprisingly, Potato actually gets to "talk" for quite a bit, while Kano, Michiru and others only get to appear for a second, or even less.)

Storywise it's acceptable, with quite some changes here and there comparing to the original story. I think die-hard AIR fans will probably have something to say about it though.

"IF DREAMS CAME TRUE" is what I like most from this movie, and that's pretty much it.
Rugal
2005-08-10, 10:48
I gave Air the Movie for 7/10. It was being changed too much. Very much. Kanna is nothing but a... wait... ?

By talking more than this would be a complain and rant. (And I already did it on this board in Movie/ TV topic.)

I gave this Movie 7/10, that should hinted you something...

The only part I like is the picture you saw below. It made me cried ONCE and I think that I can live with my wife is truly is a happiness. We can live together and loving each other, that's the best I can do for my love one.
What I hate at most about the movie is...

(This is a rant! completely!)

Kanna is COMPLETELY differrent from what you seen in TV or game. She's now a "lonely" princess who being cursed not to love anyone but she really want to. Kanna fell in love with Ryuya since she saw him at first sight. The creators refused to show "blood" but allowed "boo...s" .Heck. This explained why there's no Summer scene in the preview. Kanna and Ryuya just... rinse, repeat, rinse repeat.... This Summer is nowhere near the Summer in original story. Sad? Yes. Very sad, but it made me think I just watching lonely princess and her forbidden love story with her young guardian.

I should've ranted about this long before but it'll spoiled things, so I decided not to.
outlaw97
2005-08-12, 01:10
How incredibly underwhelming.

I mean, it's good that they focused on just Misuzu instead of trying to cover everybody. And granted, I'm probably missing out since a lot of dialogue was beyond my comprehension, but everything just seemed so lackluster. The only reason scenes evoked emotions from me were because of my memories of the TV series.

Also, what were they doing with their budget? I don't know how much went into making this movie, but it looked like it all went into the ocean waves and scenery. My biggest gripe was the sheer number of pastel still shots - I understand they can be used for dramatic emphasis, but they were so abundant it started to feel more like budget constraints than anything else.

There were more lighthearted moments though, and I will say I like the ending scene a little more than its TV counterpart. I haven't played the game, so I'd be curious to know what changes were made in adapting it to the movie. *EDIT* Never mind, I see someone did just that in another thread.

Otherwise, I think the TV series just set the bar too high for me.
GokuJunior
2005-08-13, 05:45
Finally Air the movie has a release!!!
:D
aogaeru
2005-08-13, 05:59
Ah, I completely forgot about this. I briefly read the reviews given here, but hopefully it won’t taint my expectations too much… I’ll watch and report back. :)
Narumi
2005-08-13, 06:31
Hmm, time to change passwords... sorry for the inturruption :heh:
justsomeguy
2005-08-13, 11:34
Eien no Anime has released AIR the Movie (DVD Version). Enjoy.
...the size of the file is huge. :eyespin: How long was the movie?
Angelsama
2005-08-13, 12:29
How long was the movie?
The movie last's around 90 minutes long. ^^
AnimeOni
2005-08-13, 13:08
With all the hype and anticipation, I felt that the movie was a major letdown. It would rate it a 5/10. The story line kept on skipping some key scenes and it didn't flow really well. The animation was so-so (lot of static images). But in some cases, there was a lot of detail.

It looked like they spent a lot of money on the key frames and CG but everything else looked ... blah...
Hokomaneal
2005-08-13, 19:18
I'm pretty disappointed too... (to say the least :/). I only watched like 5 minutes of it... 'don't want to bother me before going to sleep...

The movie really is different from the TV show... (didn't play the game, so I don't know what's about it).

Voices (Yukito, at least), design (westernized? Misuzu eyes suck), story, pace ('seems like I'm watching the movie while fast forwarding), characters (Yukito seems like a drunkard), etc. this is just too much differences, especially as they are different in a worse way... :/

If it was like a side story, or something like that, that may have been acceptable... but if they just retell the TV show story, which is the case, if I understood well, it plainly sucks... I hate when there are differences between movies/tv show/books/games about the same "world". I just cannot accept the differences and I think it's pretty human.
Rugal
2005-08-13, 20:07
That's why I gave it 7/10. Only acceptable if you think this is something that ISN'T Air.
If yes, the Movie is watchable, even better for the last half part of the movie.
potatochobit
2005-08-13, 20:47
does the movie have a similar ending to the TV series... because i dont really want to watch it and have my temper flare up again for a week or two....
i prefer to be in a happy mood usually...
Shadow_Skill
2005-08-13, 23:30
Just finished watching it. Its now 4am GMT. :twitch:

I didn't think this movie was all that bad. Its more romantic than the TV version but not as funny.

What I liked about this movie was that the storyline was based on the "what if this happen instead" that did not happen in the TV version.
Hope that makes sense :confused:
For example
Haruko actually treating Misuzo how she should be treated from the start.
Kanna confessed her love for the bodyguard(forgot his name)
and Yukito and misuzo falling in love.

also Yukoto putting mizuzo's father in is place was entertaining :D

Only thing that was disappointing was the animation, but u eventually get used to it.(btw the animation is not worse than narutos korean company :eyespin: )

SO as an AIR fan who never played the game. I think think this film was ok, even tho its 1.36GB :)

Good nite
outlaw97
2005-08-13, 23:42
does the movie have a similar ending to the TV series... because i dont really want to watch it and have my temper flare up again for a week or two....
i prefer to be in a happy mood usually...

The movie has the same ending as the TV, but with one major change to make it more straightforward. I think if they did this ending in the TV, it would've eliminated a lot of debate over a couple points.

Ugh, I don't know if I want to download the subbed version having already seen the raw - it's already left a bad taste in my mouth, I doubt the pieces of dialogue I missed would redeem it.

Potato's cameo was a definite highlight though!
Rugal
2005-08-13, 23:52
In actually, Ryuya will never accept Kanna's love in the original as he thread her as his... daughter. Not that he doesn't love her. He just love her in very differrent way from what we see in Movie. It came to this because of the limitation of length, only 91 minutes and Summer Arc is around 12 minutes.

As you can see,
-Ryuya was much younger than we saw in the original one (arund 21-23) and and much more differrent. Ryuya in the game was such... quiet pervert and playboy-ish. Yet he did loyal to Kanna to his death like in the movie.
-Kanna is much older with her looks/ the way she act. Probably she's around 18 while Original Kanna is around 15 to 16 in the game. In fact I like Movie Kanna, but the way she acts disappointed me as she's a... dumb...

Kanna in the movie looks like the girl who can jump into anyone who she love since she was very "lonely" and that's because she was being confined for her entire life. She's very lonely, so fragile, wanting someone to love her and cure her for her loneliness. Being more straight of course. Crying, Crying, crying.

Kanna in the original one, was a girl who "pretend to be strong" yet she's very alone. She never act such thing because she must be "proud" and "honor" for what she is. Even that thing is useless to her and she never wanted it. Kanna in this one is more realistic as a character if you asked me.

Kanna in the movie was cursed not to love anyone (as you can see) but original doesn't. She only got those curses by touching her mother and it pass down to her by the death of her mother. So what you've seen in the first part of original summer, is, in fact, a normal girl.

Change the characters' names and look, then you got entire new story about Summer. Ryuya is young guardian and Kanna is a lonely princess, they fell in love but then Kanna's true purpose is what made it a tragic.

Plus. Ryuya in the Movie seems to be around 21 while he's around 27 in the original one. (In order to suits Kanna more in the movie. I think you don't want to see 27 yrs old girl loving with 16 yrs. old girl, I think?)

Not that I don't like the movie. It should be better than this.
ForeverGoNe
2005-08-14, 01:28
Oi, I'm dlin at 3kbps. Was the torrent this slow for you folks ever? The ratio is just crazy o_O
justsomeguy
2005-08-14, 02:25
...I've skimmed through the movie, will try to watch the whole thing tomorrow.

thoughts:
1) while the art is by no means bad, the faces were non-Key/VisualArts-ish. The faces were too round, and the eyes too small!
2) lots of lighting effects give a surreal atmosphere
3) the town seems much larger and more populated
4) this movie makes me appreciate the TV series even more than I already do.
Kamui4356
2005-08-14, 06:13
Well, I just finished watching the movie, and I have to say, it's just not AIR. Really it was pretty good, but as I said, it's not AIR. For the first half I was like ''wtf? That's not how it's supposed to go'', but eventually I reached a point that I could seperate it from AIR and actually enjoy it. :heh:

If I were to think of it in terms of AIR, I'd have to say it was a horrible hack job, while thinking about it independent of AIR it's actually quite good.

As for the animation, it seems like the budget for the movie was maybe 1/3 of the budget for a single episode of the tv series. I hope this shows what a horrible mistake it was to entrust this to someone other than kyoto animation...
GokuJunior
2005-08-14, 07:16
Oi, I'm dlin at 3kbps. Was the torrent this slow for you folks ever? The ratio is just crazy o_O
Yeah, this thing just doesn´t go up... is always between 3 KB/s and 5 KB/s and my maximum is around 60 KB/s... In a week I have it if this goes on :heh:
Tiberium Wolf
2005-08-14, 08:06
If u ppl are using the bt of Eien no Anime. Well when I started to download I checked it had 4 seeds and 800 pears. After a few hours it had 6 seeds and 2000 pears... I guess u see why it's slow! :P
Jeffrey Ruebel
2005-08-14, 10:05
It's probably just me but I thought the movie was good. It change the story around alittle but pretty much ended the same. And I like the character drawings better well every one but Haruko. I am glade they didn't put in the other character storys in the movie.
Rugal
2005-08-14, 11:20
People who love Misuzu will be OK with the movie since she took the main role...

While the others... Ugh... Like me. Kanna is there, but that isn't Kanna at all.
dgreater1
2005-08-14, 14:47
I guess, the game and the Anime set my standards too high ^_^, anyway... I think the movie was pretty good, they actually made it into a more romantic show. No problem with Yukito's voice since I've played the game before ^_^, but the way Haruko was drawn is a bit bother.... anyway, I guess I'm not that disappointed since I heard lots and lots of rumors that the movie script was totally different from the Anime and Game ^_^ so my mind was set to watching a totally different Air (like watching El Hazard), though I know what will happen to Misuzu... it still made me cry T_T
Maceart
2005-08-14, 16:19
Actually, I'll rate the movie just a little bit lower than the TV series. C'mon, it's from a completely different director (this time from the director of BlackJack) and the animation was taken care of by Toei animation. Besides, Key/Visual Arts already said that the story for AIR movie will be completely different.

What I did like about the movie is that they took one story and stuck with it, so it was a lot more clearer than the TV series.

I also liked the more mellow Yukito, although it seemed like he was drunk sometimes...

I also liked more emphasis on romance, since it brought more drama and less fantasy and mystical beings to the movie.

I did not like the cutscenes. Not cool at all.

TV rating: 9.5
Movie Rating: 8.9
Colonel-
2005-08-14, 16:57
The scene that really got me by surprise is the Sora scene, where he said "nihaha" and "V" to Yukito. I was dumbstruck for a second, then started chuckling :) And i was wondering why they made Keisuke to be such an asshole :confused:

If you consider the movie as a stand alone production and not compare it to the TV series or the original story, in my opinion, the movie itself is quite beautiful. The Aosora scene doesn't feel that powerful though for some reason, but nevertheless, it is a touching story with a bittersweet ending.
Magus IX
2005-08-14, 18:13
I, for one, loved the movie. Obviously the TV series is still in a class of its own, but I thought the movie made some interesting changes and worked out quite well, given the time & story constraints involved.

One of the things it might help to keep in mind while watching the film is its director. Osamu Dezaki is extremely revered and famous for having directed such diverse classic anime as Ashita no Joe, They Were 11 and Rose of Versailles. Perhaps because of this, the AIR movie features a style of directing that is fresh & modern, yet infused with old-school sensibilities.

The still frames aren't a sign of cheapness; they're just a stylistic choice, used to emphasize moments of high emotion. I guess they might seem startling to people because they aren't used (in that capacity) as frequently nowadays. Repeating a motion three times in rapid succession is also something you might see in older anime a lot (it's used very often in Oniisama E, for example).

I'm quite startled at those who have complained about the animation (as opposed to the artwork, which is a matter of taste--for the record, I didn't have any real problems with the new character designs). The animation itself is beautiful and engaging... I realize that we've all been spoiled by the AIR television series, but while the movie doesn't have Miyazaki-level animation, it's nevertheless a cut above the show.

Visually, I just found the movie to be incredibly impressive. It's stunningly beautiful, and inventive at that: I loved how the director exaggerated the fishbowl lens effect. The split-screen scenes were also interesting, and I thought the still frames were well chosen. Even the way shadows were cast & light was shown was fascinating.

As for the story changes, I liked some and disliked others. You win some, you lose some. I actually thought the movie's story was in certain ways less clear-cut than that of the TV show... they made the parallels between Misuzu's situation and Kanna's very obvious, but the connection was never stated outright, IIRC. It's also unfortunate that Kanna's role ended up being diminished (same goes for Uraha).

I really appreciated the Aozora scene....

It was almost vindicating, in a way, to see Misuzu coming toward both Yukito & Haruko.
Tiberium Wolf
2005-08-15, 02:29
They the story was nice... yet again i get depressed :mad:

Anyway what I didn't quite like was the light effects... God! It was shining everywhere!!! Even when Misuzu and Yukito was in that store to eat the fried egg was shining too!!!

I think the light effects were exaggerated.

Also the way they drawed Misuzu face made her look older. :twitch:

I like also when Sora imitated Misuzu... hehehe... "Nihaha!" & "V!" :eek: :D
andiyar
2005-08-15, 09:57
The movie was enjoyable - a pleasant enough way to spend ninety-odd minutes. It's not something that I'll rewatch for a while though - the TV series of Air I've watched through quite a few times since January.

I did enjoy the movie, but I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't really Air. It was a bit too alien. Mind you, the romance story was fun - but I missed the seiyuu, and I especially missed the art style. It just isn't nearly as beautiful as the TV show.

-Andiyar
Magus IX
2005-08-15, 13:27
andiyar, wasn't only one seiyuu (Yukito's, IIRC) different?
andiyar
2005-08-15, 20:49
andiyar, wasn't only one seiyuu (Yukito's, IIRC) different?

Ah, my mistake. My sentence should have read "seiyuu & voices," being as I didn't like Misuzu's new voice very much, nor the differences in Kanna's. The seiyuu themselves are indeed the same, but the actual voices used for the characters are different. Notably Misuzu's voice - she sounds quite different to me, probably because of the 'maturation' changes made to her character. :)

Apologies for my lack of clarity. ^_^

Oh, and for the record, I did like some of the actual animation in the movie - noticeably the usage of split screens, but the difference in character design and artwork just threw me.

-Andiyar
Angelsama
2005-08-15, 21:28
I like the whole idea of the movie, the fact that its just the series, but with all the side stories taken out - and for me it improved with the story (to do with Yukito).

Glad to see that some of the voice cast from the series were there, especially Tomoko Kawakami as Misuzu again.. wow how Her voice just makes me melt!

Was pretty shocked by how much i like the art style too, in some ways it added more to the love style of the movie.

Just gotta wait for the Summer special now.. and wow i hope it gets subbed. ^^;
Rugal
2005-08-15, 23:12
The Movie is good when you think of Misuzu's part.

But for Summer. It's just... well... A forbidden love story and from where I lived, I've heard and read many tales like this.
The story was very romantic. Admitted.
She was cursed after she deeply fell in love with Ryuuya, her young guardian. one side of me said I should force myself to love it but... the Original summer forced me back as If... well... To think of it as a forbidden love story of human and god and a love story between a traveller and a girl in country town aren't all bad.

In fact, my wife love the movie more than TV series. Do you believe that?

They taken many things out to fit their 10-minutes role in the movie. Which is... well... acceptable.

7/10 is still there. Considered that the Movie was mediocre.
Leo_Otaku
2005-08-15, 23:46
I saw the movie last week raw. I thought is was alright. In the previews it seemed kind of better. The art style was alright. I'm not big on "man that art sucks so I won't watch it" people like that are so ignorant.

I liked that there was some kind of romance with Yukito and Misuzu. I wasn't fond of Ryuuya's charcter design. He looked really....not cool 0_o.

Over all I liked it. I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. I liked the Potato tv show XD.
Zakas
2005-08-16, 05:41
It made me cry all the same...(again~)

I thought it was pretty good..

Damn you sadness.
sugi
2005-08-16, 06:08
The movie wasn't so good like tv show .
Style of drawing was another ... bun not only another ,it was just worse.
The faces was diffrent , eyes ... even mouths . Colours was another .
So animators think , that will be better if they add more [SO MORE !!] effects.

Story was a little alternative , it focusing olny 'one' point of view .
But everything was like a 'dream' it wasn't so 'compact' like on tv .

voices are changed , they're qite ok .

Characters are similar , but misuzu and kanna looks (and acting) older .
Another characters from tv show (like kano , minagi ,potato :D ) was only on faaaar background .

I Think music wasn't so good . We can only hear the 'changed' theme from tv show ,
in the end the pice of aozora , but they don't create any new theme !!
I think the movie would be better when the music will better .

Air movie was little dissapointment , but not so bad (for me tv show was the best of anime i've watched , so i think the movie was a class lower than tv show . )

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Air S.special ic comming soon :D :D
NeoRagod
2005-08-16, 11:58
Yesterday, I recieved my Special Version of the movie. So for the first 10 minutes the movie was really odd as many of you said, but with the time passing i started to enjoy a little bit more, and yes, i really want a more lovely kanna, she was just strange for me. And Ryuuya ahgg, he really suck for me ¬¬, i prefer the summer arc of the tv series. But, in the other hand i really really really love the relationshio between mizusu and yukito, it was sooooo romatic (I want my own mizusu!!!! T_T ).and for me the movie mizusu was a little bit better than the tv series, because, it wasnt so childlish, the way she act was more reallisctic. Loved that.

In overall i will give the movia a 8, while the tv series is 9.5
mangafanatic
2005-08-16, 12:14
I guess I don't really know what I think of this movie yet. . .

Initially, I expected the movie to be a recap of the anime. When it wasn't I was rather shocked, so I know a great deal of the joy of the movie was taken away from me by that gnawing "That's not RIGHT!!" voice in my head. But once I could push past that annoyance, I sort of enjoyed the Misuzu arc presented in the movie. Rather than find acceptance from Yuukito in the final moments of his earthly existance, instead they get a real chance at open love. The sentimentalist in me was enthralled by this new angle to the story. (I especially enjoyed the final scene when he finds her in the temple. Very cute.)

Overall--

Anime: Exceptional.
Movie: Better than average. I suppose. :P
Khanate
2005-08-16, 12:33
Hum... I watched a bit before going ack into my cave mumbling 'not same story, animation not as good, bleh *mumble mumble*'

but i still want to watch so ill watch it in 2 weeks when i come back from vacation
ForeverGoNe
2005-08-16, 20:22
I have a question concerning one of the aspects of the ending though.

At the end, we see that Yukito is still alive riding the bus until the end, where the scene cuts it off and we see the baby dinosaur keychain that Misuzu had given to him previously. When he says, "By the way, If you ever see Misuzu, say Hello to me for her. I'll always be with her." At this point, I'm sort of left hanging to know whether or not Yukito gave his life to be with Misuzu and therefore we see the keychain. Or is it simply a shot of the momento that Misuzu gave Yukito to show it's significance?

Although, at the end, I do like how Yukito talks towards the audience, giving us a task. It makes me feel somewhat better, more fulfilled and yet I can't exactly explain it.

7/10 is still there. Considered that the Movie was mediocre.

It wasn't so much as mediocre. It's just the style and the approach it took was a bit different, but in the same way, it did appeal to viewers. Hell, it was enough to make some cry a second time again.
Misuzu
2005-08-16, 22:38
Alright Alright, Here's my point of view. When I first started watching it, I was so mad about the totally different type of art and characters. I was also bummed when Misuzu wasn't as... well... Umm ... "Dorkey-Cute", but then the story started to develop as I always wanted it to ^_^ (*Misuzu&Yukito*) and my mood changed drastically, and i started to get used to the crapy animation and think that a more "mature" and more straightforward Misuzu was better for the movie (I was also hoping the ending was gonna be different from the series T_T). But anyways, the movie was great from my point of view exept from all those animation and voice problems you all mentioned before but other than that.. I Loved It!

p.s.- ^^^^hey same avatar^^^^ =P
puzk
2005-08-17, 08:24
I don't know why you guys are complaining about the animation style. It seems like we've been too spoiled by the TV series.

The movie's animation was excellent, compared to other animated movies. Musicwise, it lacked significantly compared to the TV series.

The movie had a different theme compared to the TV series, more focusing on the 'romance' element compared to the 'mother & daughter' theme of the original TV series.

I really liked the romantic version of Mizusu... she seems to be more playful and cheerful.

Anyway the movie gave a simple and clear delivery of the complex story of AIR.

Top marks for that! I didn't have to go back and re-watch to understand what's going on.
Limiter
2005-08-17, 11:49
I like it, Misuzu seems more slightly grown. with a change of voice. I felt its just right.

Having events going differently that usual is new way of telling the story.
Angelsama
2005-08-17, 17:02
I really liked the romantic version of Mizusu... she seems to be more playful and cheerful.
Thats where all my love for the movie is coming from. She carries a lot more feelings for people in the movie - i love it!
ForeverGoNe
2005-08-17, 21:25
Can someone answer my question posted above at the spoiler -_-? I don't mean to sound picky and sorry if I do. I just wanted to know because I'm not that great at philosophy behind animes so the concepts are a bit hard to grasp like this one.
Rugal
2005-08-17, 22:02
To Forevergone:

At the end, we see that Yukito is still alive riding the bus until the end, where the scene cuts it off and we see the baby dinosaur keychain that Misuzu had given to him previously. When he says, "By the way, If you ever see Misuzu, say Hello to me for her. I'll always be with her." At this point, I'm sort of left hanging to know whether or not Yukito gave his life to be with Misuzu and therefore we see the keychain. Or is it simply a shot of the momento that Misuzu gave Yukito to show it's significance?

Isn't he riding the train?

No Yukito didn't gave his life to Misuzu. "Misuzu" was a memorable experience to him as he told to us audience for a whole time. At the end, he tell us that if you see one of...

"Various forms of Winged girl that could be nearby from you."

Osamu-san didn't think the curse has been lifted either. Who knows? In the movie they don't explains any details about the curse either. It's more like we saw a story of diseased girl instead of one many reincarnations of the demi-god being who being sealed in the sky since an ancient time.

Yukito kept it as his momento. It's much like we're one of the children who listening to the story of one old traveler that has been told to us. The story of a diseased girl who always compared herself to a princess in folktale, lived in seaside small town he met a long time ago.
All Misuzu want is to ease Kanna's pain. She believes that there is Kanna-hime in the sky.

Romantic? Yes. Very good for Misuzu's part. My wife loves it. But for Kanna's part was just a soap opera to me.

Very bad if compared to the original Summer...
ForeverGoNe
2005-08-17, 22:25
To Forevergone:

Isn't he riding the train?

No Yukito didn't gave his life to Misuzu. "Misuzu" was a memorable experience to him as he told to us audience for a whole time. At the end, he tell us that if you see one of...

"Various forms of Winged girl that could be nearby from you."

Osamu-san didn't think the curse has been lifted either. Who knows? In the movie they don't explains any details about the curse either. It's more like we saw a story of diseased girl instead of one many reincarnations of the demi-god being who being sealed in the sky since an ancient time.

Yukito kept it as his momento. It's much like we're one of the children who listening to the story of one old traveler that has been told to us. The story of a diseased girl who always compared herself to a princess in folktale, lived in seaside small town he met a long time ago.
All Misuzu want is to ease Kanna's pain. She believes that there is Kanna-hime in the sky.

Romantic? Yes. Very good for Misuzu's part. My wife loves it. But for Kanna's part was just a soap opera to me.

Very bad if compared to the original Summer...

Awesome. Thanks a bunch Rugal!

And also, Ryuuya looks way too funky in the movie. I think his appearance in the series in comparison to his in the movie is questionable, indeed.
Rugal
2005-08-17, 23:30
He was palnned to be Kanna's "wild, strange and a mere ruffian" guardian from the beginning. He suits that role perfectly since he was build from that idea. That's why there's no such a scene of his and Kanna in the original game.

The original theme of Kanna was "A girl who never been an adult and destined to dreaming forever". That's why there is none of such scenes. Imagine original 27-yrs-old Ryuya and 15 to 16 years old Kanna... They're more like father and daughter rather than a couples.

But in the movie. You need to build a character who really gave himself to love.
There he is. Around-21-yrs.-old-and-young Ryuya-dohno of the movie. He looks very fond and a bit cocky to suits his role he should do in the movie. Ryuya in the Movie and original was completely differrent characters. Imagine IF Ryuya in the original was in the movie and...
Ugh... that scared me a little bit.
For me Ryuya in the Movie look a bit cocky but well if we speaking of his role in it. It isn't bad. Not at all. The movie did changed Kanna's role to suits him and the story though.
ForeverGoNe
2005-08-18, 09:14
He was palnned to be Kanna's "wild, strange and a mere ruffian" guardian from the beginning. He suits that role perfectly since he was build from that idea. That's why there's no such a scene of his and Kanna in the original game.

The original theme of Kanna was "A girl who never been an adult and destined to dreaming forever". That's why there is none of such scenes. Imagine original 27-yrs-old Ryuya and 15 to 16 years old Kanna... They're more like father and daughter rather than a couples.

But in the movie. You need to build a character who really gave himself to love.
There he is. Around-21-yrs.-old-and-young Ryuya-dohno of the movie. He looks very fond and a bit cocky to suits his role he should do in the movie. Ryuya in the Movie and original was completely differrent characters. Imagine IF Ryuya in the original was in the movie and...
Ugh... that scared me a little bit.
For me Ryuya in the Movie look a bit cocky but well if we speaking of his role in it. It isn't bad. Not at all. The movie did changed Kanna's role to suits him and the story though.

Yea, that was what was bothering me a bit. But the way you explain it, I can see now. Ryuuya fits more of the role if hes that age to fulfill his position with Kanna in the movie. Whereas in the series, he really did look a bit more mature that way, so it was a bit qwerky when I saw this at first.
Nayuki
2005-08-19, 15:42
starting of the movie was somehow abit boring to me.. but after 10mins.. things started to get intresting... the movie was more to romance then the mother daughter love... but once again it made me cry again!!!... but wat i like about the movie was that its concentrated on misuzu and yukito... i would give a 9.5/10 to the series and 9.3/10 to the movie.. i enjoyed the movie... geez wonder how am i going to copy the movie to my cdr which is onli 700mb
Rugal
2005-08-19, 19:35
Yea, that was what was bothering me a bit. But the way you explain it, I can see now. Ryuuya fits more of the role if hes that age to fulfill his position with Kanna in the movie. Whereas in the series, he really did look a bit more mature that way, so it was a bit qwerky when I saw this at first.

Yes it should be that way. Changing:

Ryuya: 21 years old young, new, strong guardian who being sent to Kanna's palace.
Kanna: 18 to 19 years old lonely princess who being confined in the palace for entire life.

That's what happened in the movie. They were changed, completely, to match each other and the roles that was given to them.
Not that I don't like them. I LOVE them. I just hate the fact that my Summer Arc was being changed too much...

Well, it's time for taking care of my little Kanna now.

BYE.
sugi
2005-08-20, 14:20
geez wonder how am i going to copy the movie to my cdr which is onli 700mb

a)share file , and cerate 2 files

b) or rip file to rmvb

c)or buy dvd-rw ;)
XtAzY
2005-08-20, 17:20
i just finished watchin the movie a couple of minutes ago. Overall the movie was great, but the ending of the movie just doesnt really suits me well

I mean if your gonna think beyond da ending, with Yukito being alone for the rest of his life, it seems really sad to me. Mizusu is nothing but a loving memory in his head. It'll be funny if they decided to make some ova about a "what if yukito and mizusu actually lived together lol".. but that will ruin the point of the AIR series =p
Bokas
2005-08-29, 09:42
Need to hear reviews (Picture/sound/sub qualities) on Air Movie, either/both versions.

- Eien no Anime 's DVD version.
- Manhole-Fansubs' h.264 codec

Thanks in advance :)
ashibaka
2005-08-29, 14:51
Manhole Fansubs' version is very high quality, but I can't figure out if the aspect ratio is correct.

The sound is far superior and the sub quality is fine.

vvv Two separate releases. Both are 1.4GiB. So, I would say "no".
justsomeguy
2005-08-29, 18:48
I take it there is no way to shrink the file down to 700 without massive quality loss? I mean, this movie is the length of three tv episodes, and 233 was just fine for Air TV.
zalas
2005-08-29, 20:53
I take it there is no way to shrink the file down to 700 without massive quality loss? I mean, this movie is the length of three tv episodes, and 233 was just fine for Air TV.
That struck me as odd. The show didn't have that much resolution, although it did have a lot of extra motion introduced for theatrical effect.
ToshioRyu
2005-08-30, 16:57
How come EnA released a 2nd version to the Air Movie???????lol i haven't had time to watch it yet lol. But why a 2nd version? they found out how to make the file size smaller?
ObsidianZ
2005-09-02, 00:39
anyone know if koi is going to be subbing this?
AdawgDaFAB
2005-09-02, 21:25
Im also hoping that Koi does this and eventually the summer special, but out of the two now. Which is the best one? The Eien v2 or the Manhole one?
TougeSil80
2005-09-04, 01:37
I didn't think it was that bad. It's focusing more on Yukito and Misuzu's story, which I liked. But changing the Ryuuya and Kanna story sucks. Now the curse and Misuzu's illness doesn't seem to connect as well. And I agree that the AIR's magic is lost. For some reason, it just doesn't feel like AIR anymore.
Rugal
2005-09-04, 07:54
^^ Like I said...

This is a "A Seaside Love Story" by Ozamu-san. Not Air.
kmisuzu
2005-09-04, 20:45
Yay for Koi, their releases are available at http://tracker.kukaionline.com/ they should be linked from the animesuki index soon I think
koi
2005-09-04, 20:45
Im also hoping that Koi does this and eventually the summer special

Your hope has been answered. We have just released the movie (dvd rip) in two formats. The XviD version is made for better compatibility and also for slower computers. The H.264 version uses more advanced technology to fit the movie in one cd but won't play on slower machines and will also be tougher to play, in terms of compatibility.

To dispel any rumours, I will make it clear here. We are not dead and will be finishing the AIR specials, albeit in HDTV. We are just taking longer than usual because we don't have as much free time as we did last year in high school. However, you can be sure that we will get them out, eventually...

That said, personally, I do think that the movie does not have as much appeal as the TV series did, mainly because the movie had a rushed plot and sudden resolution. There is also the time limitation that prevented the movie from developing any of the characters. As a result, I did not feel as much affection for Misuzu and Kanna as I did in the TV series.
justsomeguy
2005-09-05, 09:15
The H.264 version uses more advanced technology to fit the movie in one cd but won't play on slower machines and will also be tougher to play, in terms of compatibility.
Can anybody recommend a free codec for H.264?
andiyar
2005-09-05, 19:24
Can anybody recommend a free codec for H.264?

VideoLanClient (http://www.videolan.org/).

-Andiyar
wwenze
2005-09-06, 03:35
How come EnA released a 2nd version to the Air Movie???????lol i haven't had time to watch it yet lol. But why a 2nd version? they found out how to make the file size smaller?

I watched v1 but re-downloaded v2 for archiving thinking it would be better,
and true enough, the font is much better in v2. In v1 I was straining my eyes trying to read it on TV, in the end watch on com instead. There should be other changes too, like a few typo which I noticed in v1.

But now that Koi's is out, going to download it instead since I have their TV part, and they throw in a lot of useful information (including the part when they apologized for mixing up the gender of "that child" -> didn't play the game b4?)

Will compare AV quality after I finish downloading. :)
Transparent
2005-09-06, 10:56
This is wierd, I have both versions of the Koi release, and I can't get the audio to play correctly. H.264 runs fine on my machine, but it seems that some of the speech can't be played?

I've tryed the CoreAAC codec and it still didn't work. Has this happened for anyone else?
Diedrupo
2005-09-06, 22:08
I finally watched it and personally I thought it was great. Sure it's not really like the Air game or tv series, but when you make a movie adaption, of course it's going to be different, and I thought they did it fairly well. It managed to capture the essence of Air and also add a romantic touch that was missing from the tv series.
Skuld
2005-09-07, 03:14
Wow, I rather enjoyed it. It made me pop in my Re-feel CD again right after.

- I was happy to hear Midorikawa Hikaru again as Yukito. Yays~
- The BGM wasn't too impressive.
- I liked how they covered both sides by having the two stories told parallel with each other.

And as always... the disadvantage of movies is that everything had to be compressed into the 1 1/2 hours, making it feel a bit rushed. Besides the mentioned, I liked the change for the movie.
Angelhalo
2005-09-07, 04:28
This is wierd, I have both versions of the Koi release, and I can't get the audio to play correctly. H.264 runs fine on my machine, but it seems that some of the speech can't be played?

I've tryed the CoreAAC codec and it still didn't work. Has this happened for anyone else?

I've been trying to d/l it for 2 days already, and non have reach 100 mb for some reason. Torrents for other stuff that i download are working fine. I wonder what went wrong :(
ViVi_bOi
2005-09-07, 05:41
*Added Air - Movie into the Fansubs Comparison*
K. Yamato
2005-09-08, 14:44
I loved this movie...actually I did a wallpaper on it
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7134/misuzuwallpaper4ki.th.jpg (http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=misuzuwallpaper4ki.jpg)
Took some time though this is dedicated to it :), almost cried at the ending :( but seriously this is one of the best anime movie I've seen in a long time
Morisato
2005-09-10, 01:48
Near the end, Yukito wanted to suicide but he was too scared of dying so in the end he dodged the train at the last sec
Leo_Otaku
2005-09-10, 01:48
My biggest gripe was the sheer number of pastel still shots - I understand they can be used for dramatic emphasis, but they were so abundant it started to feel more like budget constraints than anything else

Um if you didn't (which I don't think you do) know the director Osamu Dezaki has this going on in some of his other productions he directs. It has nothing to so with budget constraints...
TougeSil80
2005-09-10, 02:38
I loved this movie...actually I did a wallpaper on it
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7134/misuzuwallpaper4ki.th.jpg (http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=misuzuwallpaper4ki.jpg)
Took some time though this is dedicated to it :), almost cried at the ending :( but seriously this is one of the best anime movie I've seen in a long time

Nice wallpaper. http://forums.animesuki.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Morisato
2005-09-10, 03:29
Oh yeah something I didn't understand... after Yukito called Misuzu a klutz and she got all sad, later she saw him playing with the little kids then he looks her way and they suddenly start talking and he helps her with the project?
evil-samurai
2005-09-10, 09:36
The Movie was Great, I have Mixed fellings for the Movie and the tv Show. I liked the animation, + Some of the Hand Draw Art was Fantastic well I think The Worst part would have to be ~when it suddenlly Changes to the *Past story. I didn't like Yukito Design that much, and his Character was better in the Tv show.

Onto Misuzu.
Misuzu, Character Design was Nice, Major Things I Noticed were
-Looked a fair bit older than the tv show
-Acted alot! more older & mature
-Expressed Feelings more in the Movie aka -- towards Yukito

And the Movie had alot more Romance in it at first I thought it was nothing big but they went all the way with it.

^^ Like I said...

This is a "A Seaside Love Story" by Ozamu-san. Not Air.

I'd have to Say the oposite to that, about it not being Air While sure some things didn't really connet as well, they only had 90 mins to play with, So certain events in the Show weren't as Dramatic. They still had the mother daugher realationship which was show very well there and the Misuzu & Yukito one which took a turn an s showed more of a romantic side to it, which I thought was done farily well.
*and the fact I hardly care for the Characters in past Story, was a plus for me since they really didn't get much time on screen

So I'll like to say the AIR feel was still ther for me :)

EDIT: Now about Misuzu Character Design, I swear I've seen it before... ah.. :heh: found it. http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3536/image3qwr116ow.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
nml
2005-09-17, 18:07
Are colors in this move in all version of subs so sucky gees i gave up after 5 min of watching cause those ugly colors made not wanting to watch more seriously this looks even worse then tv series , thats not thing to be excepted from dvd rips ... my thoughts based on xvid koi version havnt bothered with others to download so i ask hre are all vers have such ugly colors?
Rugal
2005-09-17, 20:48
@eveil samurai: That's why we have Air in Summer. Believe it or not. Many hardcore fans here like Misuzu in the movie by A LOT. But some of them raged for the change to Summer Arc, of course, Kanna. Misuzu is much better but Kanna is gone to worst. As you can see there is no one despite about Summer Arc in the movie at all. They even never took it as this is Kanna. They raged. Yes. After an amazing show in Ep8 and 9. They ask for more. Air in Summer represented what fans have lost from the movie and TV series and explain what Kanna's characteristic really is.

Summer Arc is there only to explain why Misuzu have to be as that... just that. I think if Osamu can choose, he may cut this part out to expand Misuzu's story...

If it should help, I think it should be 120 minutes movie from the beginning... well...
vlader
2005-09-19, 08:28
Just watched the movie today. It was nice in a sense. Also made me cry but not as much as the TV series did.

The movie somehow left a lot of blank spot in comparison to the TV series. I know I shouldn't be comparing the two as they are done seperately but I think the movie should be longer.

Anyway, I still think its wonderful specially Misuzu's romantic relationship with Yukito. It's the best part of the movie.

:) :) :)
takeshi88
2005-09-21, 02:57
I just watched it and thought it was great, but i didn't really understand the ending. Can someone pls explain to me thanks
milkmandan
2005-09-21, 07:06
did you want the series? i suggest you watch the series..or go read up on the final episode series disscussion. ;)
OshadowO
2005-09-22, 00:24
did you want the series? i suggest you watch the series..or go read up on the final episode series disscussion. ;)

this is a good suggestion. I saw the series after the movie and to be honest the series made a lot more snese after the movie because I knew a lot of what was going on. If I'd seen the anime first a second viewing would be reqd. for sure.

The movie itself was pretty good imo. Damn this whole series/movie almost made me cry. So sad :(
navi432001
2005-09-22, 16:10
I've had this movie saved on my computer for a while now finally had the time to watch it; would like to say that this movie puts the Air tv series in a shorter, easier to understanding, state. I fell in love with the art work and simply had to hold the tears at the end. :p
Sweetii-Dreamz
2005-11-27, 20:46
Okai, I downloaded the movie and I was so looking forward to watching it but to my amazement I noticed that the subtitles was in FRENCH !! I was so upset but I watched it n e ways it was sad (I can tell from pics) but I totally wish I knew the story about the winged gurl and the guy. (Some one tell me plz). It was sad that she got killed tho. I dunt understand why she was killed but yeah XP. Like the whole story was like blank to me because I don't understand what the hell they're saying. -_-' and i totally have no idea if the movie was good because I haven't watched the series but I thought that they made it too bright the sun blurrs some of the parts and they do that alot through out the movie. Is the series better then the movie?? and how long is the series??
Neaco
2005-11-27, 22:00
err French? Don't know where you're getting the movie from but the links on Animesuki's AIR page for the movie are all in English subs.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/468.html <- both series and movie links are here.

Many people agree the series is better. The movie never gets that indepth and rushes things somewhat, even tho it's condensed. Others liked the movie more, it's personal preference I guess. The series is only 12 eps (plus a recap at the end that is optional to watch). For the series, the animation some say is better than the movie's. You should check it out, then watch the movie again with eng subs :) While watching the series, keep seperate anything you saw from the movie, they're seperate versions of the story.

While the movie was released around the same time the series is aired in japan, many of us here (me included) watched the series first through the fansubs during the early part of this year. The movie was only released recently on dvd, which was fansubbed a few months ago.

It's of course up to you which to watch first, but I'm not going the spoil the story here, you should watch it for yourself :)
Rugal
2005-11-28, 21:15
Air was actually aired in January in Japan, and movie came up in Febuary.

The seires is much better than the Movie. Despite how Ozamu changed ALMOST everything that ... done for.

OK, I don't like the movie much. It's kinda "not good enough" new interpretation to me. However, I admitted that I like Misuzu's part in the movie more than in the series.

For ancient part, I don't talk about that one...

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:18
Air's real world setting - Kami (Kasumi) Japan
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:ysmp6vnh0mQJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-38901.html

Neaco
2005-08-29, 00:08
Very cool, from this http://htc.moon.st/ota/05041601.html someone posted, I went and looked up the location and found it! Story may be fictional but having a real setting I think kinda ties it into our world a bit more :)

Kasumi (香住町; -cho) was a town located in Kinosaki District, Hyogo, Japan. On April 1, 2005 the town merged with two towns from Mikata District forming the town of Kami and no longer exists as an independent municipality. The portion of Kami that was Kasumi is now informally known as Kasumi-ku.

Population 13,500 :)

More pictures:
http://blog.yam.com/riceking/archives/460869.html
http://blog.yam.com/riceking/archives/462539.html
http://www.cable-net.ne.jp/user/ok111888/tokubetu/air_tanbou.html
http://apple3.cool.ne.jp/kinki/hyogo/amarube.htm

http://blog.yam.com/riceking/66e9f399.jpg

http://www.cable-net.ne.jp/user/ok111888/tokubetu/air_tanbou.15.jpg

http://www.ricerice.net/ACG/AIR-Kasumi/AIR-Kasumi-051.JPG

http://www.ricerice.net/ACG/AIR-Kasumi/AIR-Kasumi-070.JPG

http://www.cable-net.ne.jp/user/ok111888/tokubetu/air_tanbou.33.jpg

Google Maps
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%E9%A6%99%E7%BE%8E%E7%94%BA&ll=35.641045,134.623976&spn=0.031211,0.059524&hl=en
TougeSil80
2005-09-01, 21:51
Wow, that's pretty cool, beautiful place.
MindOnAir
2005-10-07, 01:20
Nice that's hella cool
milkmandan
2005-10-07, 16:01
that is pretty sweet..

kinda not surprised though... mostly any place you see in an anime reflects SOME place SOMEWHERE. or where did the creator get the idea? :)
Richard 23
2005-10-17, 12:06
Thanks for the info and images!

In addition to the original page, AIR: Hyogo prefecture Kami Cho & the Kyoto prefecture Maizuru city compilation (http://htc.moon.st/ota/05041601.html) (English (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fhtc.moon.st%2fota%2f05041601.ht ml)), also check out AIR: Japanese ode Yamagata Mihama Cho compilation (http://htc.moon.st/ota/05022701.html) (English (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fhtc.moon.st%2fota%2f05022701.ht ml)).

This one is a little sad:

http://htc.moon.st/p/2005022709.jpg

The track is broken....

http://htc.moon.st/p/2005022708.jpg

The whole Hi-Tech Carrot (http://htc.moon.st/) site (English (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fhtc.moon.st%2f)), at least the travelogue section, The Japanese Highway (http://htc.moon.st/ota/index.html) (English (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fhtc.moon.st%2fota%2findex.html) ) is pretty interesting. Click through this section to see some intriguing distant scenery. It shows other real world settings, some for other anime as well.

Mentioned in another thread also was this page: The 1000th summer (http://tarax.flop.jp/alive/log/000660.html) (English (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftarax.flop.jp%2Falive%2Flog%2F000 660.html)).

I also came across a similar page for Kanon: Kanon in Moriguchi Osaka (http://www.ne.jp/asahi/chibiusa/rini/kanon/) (English (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ne.jp%2Fasahi%2Fchibiusa%2Fri ni%2Fkanon%2F)).

It's cool to find that these magical places exist.
takeshi88
2005-10-20, 13:08
ah cool! The vending machine in the 2nd pic, is that where misuzu was "supposed" to buy the concentrated peach juice for yukito? ;)
Richard 23
2005-10-20, 15:34
ah cool! The vending machine in the 2nd pic, is that where misuzu was "supposed" to buy the concentrated peach juice for yukito?

The "weird juice?"

I've seen a "real life" image of the peach juice, or maybe it was a tin box that looked like the aforementioned beverage. If I can find it again, I'll post it here. Or someone else will.

If I'm looking for Air juice I must be a freeplanetling.

Oh, and Neaco, thanks for the updated images. Great stuff. Post more if you find more....
frad113
2005-10-20, 20:40
You mean this?

http://tinypic.com/ab2x69.jpg

Courtesy of this (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=654491&postcount=262) post.
Neaco
2005-10-21, 02:29
Sure glad you like the photos Richard 23, I posted all the photo links I know of thus far.

One wonders if that drink is actually safe to drink, 500% of anything sounds scary; no wonder Yukito spit it out. If he died of peach overdose then there would be no anime lol

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:20
What's Air About?
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:jZ0tF4OFuKwJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-29075.html

Keiichi-chan
2005-02-23, 15:49
`Ok so I'm downloading the first episode now and I have no idea what it's about. So can someone here give me the rundown? Thanks! :)
mangafanatic
2005-02-23, 16:45
`Ok so I'm downloading the first episode now and I have no idea what it's about. So can someone here give me the rundown? Thanks! :)
What' it about? Oh, goodness. Where to start?

Really, It would be impossible for us to tell you without spoiling it. Just give it some time. You'll understand it better a few episodes in.

What I can say without spoiling things:

Don't let the "slice of life" feeling in the first episode to catch you off guard. Atleast the end of the first episode should give you a taste the phantasy element that will become more predominant in the rest of the series.

To me, AIR breaks the molds of all the typical shoujo-y anime out there. You think you know everything that's going on and then they hit you with an monster truck plot development. Someone said that this is a fairy tale for grown up people, and I think that pretty squarely hits the nail on the head.

Overall, AIR is one of the most incredible anime I have watched in a REALLY long time. So. . . um, I, uh, COMMAND you to watch more. :heh:
Keiichi-chan
2005-02-23, 17:28
:heh: Interesting. That's saying alot and still not giving me the slightest idea of what it's about. lol What kind of series is it. You said it's shoujo-y? What's y? yaoi?
Sushi-Y
2005-02-23, 17:38
Take a look through the other threads before making a new thread, I mean, just a little below this thread, there's an identical "what's AIR?" thread just like yours. Just keep far away from the actual episode discussion threads.

AIR is about relationships, with concepts so deep that it cannot be summarized in a simple sentence.
Streetor
2005-02-23, 18:00
It's about a team of hot air ballooners
Keiichi-chan
2005-02-23, 18:09
It's about a team of hot air ballooners
LMFAO! Well atleast now I know.

I did see that other thread,but i thought it was slightly different. It's like 'what's so good about AIR?' Which may have contained spoilers so I decided to make it obvious I don't want spoilers by creating this one.
kj1980
2005-02-23, 18:26
"AIR" is:

1. Something you don't see in recent anime: quality animation
2. Based on an ero-game by Key, the same creators who made "Kanon"
3. The first half revolves around a nomadic man named Kunisaki Yukito and his surreal experiences he faces as he befriends three girls in a countryside town near the ocean
4. If previous ero-game adapted anime hasn't changed your skepticism/stereotypes of what "really great story-centric" ero-games are, or if you just plainly refuse anything that was based on an ero-game all together with blind prejudice, then this will be a good one to start.
Rugal
2005-02-23, 20:24
It depends on you what "Air" is. but it sure does have a great story.

In fact, what Air is, is already described in the story.

Everybody who played the game knew it.
Keiichi-chan
2005-02-24, 15:06
Alright I'm watching episode one now, very interesting so far. I'll post my impression after I finishe watching it. :)

EDIT: I must say I'm interested in seeing where this is going. It has a wierd mystical air that was interesting albeit alittle confusing in the first episode. I like the main characters stubborn, angsty drifter personality as opposed to the usual plain schoolboy stereotype used in this type of serious and the comedy was all spot on but not overdone. Overall it looks like a quality show. I'll have to see 2-3 more episodes to see if it hooks me in for the long haul though. :)
Daigo
2005-02-25, 10:46
So........ lemme get this straight. This anime is about.................. AIR?
mangafanatic
2005-02-25, 11:43
So........ lemme get this straight. This anime is about.................. AIR?

Exactly. It's about the relationship between hydrogen and oxygen molecules. It's sooo interesting!

No. It's obviously not about "air". There are several posts above you that sorta cover this.
cercia_highelf
2005-02-25, 13:53
No idea what the plot is, but now that it's going to ancient Japan, things are getting interesting. At least the characters have lots of history. I mean, nothing violent happens, there are no explosions, it's unique!
Keiichi-chan
2005-02-25, 15:40
but now that it's going to ancient Japan
..... :( You couldn't have put a spoiler tag around that?lol
Well now I've gotta keep watching it to see what you're talking about.
Innotech
2005-02-25, 16:53
Ok, well the best way I can explain this show without any real spoilers is this:

A guy shows up in a small town. He knows a bit of magic himself it seems, but what is really intriguing are the three girls he meets in this town, and how they all seem to live almost in a Dream World (the town really does feel dreamy and the title "AIR" perfectly describes that feeling you get while watching it). There is a lot of talk about a mysterious girl with wings who flies in the skies above the town, but as of now I really dont know who this girl is or what her purpose is (though I have a few possible ideas) but like I said the town holds many secrets and so do those girls. This girl is described very early in the series so I wouldnt say its much of a spoiler. However, to say any more WOULD be cruel so go watch it ^^

By Shoujo, it is meant that AIR has a very laid back feel to it, concentrating on character interactions and beautiful artwork, over flashy violence and action. There is very little action in AIR to speak of. What you instead get is a story that seems simple at first but as the show progresses it gets more and more intriguing, and the whole show just has this amazing atmosphere to it that youre watching a really special anime that isnt quite like anything else (except maybe Haibane Renmei a little bit, which is good since thats my favorite show).
One more hting I'd like to mention is that the music is integral in setting hte dreamy airy atmosphere of hte show. It is PERFECT for the naime and the entire OSt is absolutely gorgeous beginnig to end. Its one you will DEFINITELY want to pick up if your into AIR.
Diedrupo
2005-02-26, 13:23
That doesn't sound like shoujo at all. :P I can think of lots of shounen shows that match that sort of feeling (Yokohama Shopping Log comes to mind, but Air isn't really anything like that particular show).

As far as Air goes, you just have to watch it. It really doesn't fit into the typical conventions of its genre.
Theowne
2005-02-26, 13:41
One thing is I've seen many people say it's a romance anime. Is this just because the game was originally a h-game? Because I've never seen any traces of romance so far in it.
Innotech
2005-02-26, 14:14
One thing is I've seen many people say it's a romance anime. Is this just because the game was originally a h-game? Because I've never seen any traces of romance so far in it.
youre right, theres no romance at all in the show (so faR), especially compared, with SAikano or other shows where the romance is the main focus. AIR isnt like that at all. (Yeah I use Saikano to compare to a lot of stuff, gotta problem with it :heh: ?)
Diedrupo
2005-02-26, 20:50
Not all h-games are about romance. I heard that the sex scenes in Air were just thrown in to make the game "H", but the story is pretty much what you're getting from the anime.

Actually most H-games are about rape and domination. :P
cercia_highelf
2005-02-26, 21:13
Look, AIR might be hardcore porn on the PC but animes of these games are GREAT. I loved Mizuiro. AIR is a dating anime. It HAS no plot to speak of. It's just about the GIRLS.
Theowne
2005-02-26, 21:19
Look, AIR might be hardcore porn on the PC but animes of these games are GREAT. I loved Mizuiro. AIR is a dating anime. It HAS no plot to speak of. It's just about the GIRLS.

This confuses me....first you say that AIR on the pc is H but the animes are good....but then you say AIR is a dating anime (which it isn't) and has no plot....so basically saying you didn't like AIr. But then you just said the animes of the games are great.....what the??
Maceart
2005-02-26, 21:52
Don't listen to cercia Theowne.

AIR the PC game only had 2 frames of HCG in Misuzu's storyline, and I'll hardly call that hardcore porn. and yes, AIR does have a plot. It's just that you have to infer a lot of things

Since it's a 20000 line story crammed into 12 episddes.
Rugal
2005-02-26, 21:58
2 frames? I think you mean there're 2 scenes of her H scene.
There are 4 CGs if I'm correct. One is by Haruko and 3 by Yukito. All of them were thrown in to make this game "H" and worth 8800 yen at that time. They were meant to attracting adult male of course.
CelestialShadow
2005-02-26, 22:02

Do not assume it to be if you haven't played the game.
The anime follows exactly the same plot in the game
It would be pointless for them to release an all-ages version if all there was to it was porn ;)
Sushi-Y
2005-02-26, 22:10
No plot? Then I suppose everyone who've read through the thousands of pages of text in the game basically conjured up an incredible story out of their collective imaginations? As for everything else in that post, all incorrect, except maybe the part where the anime adapations are great (even that have exceptions).
kj1980
2005-02-26, 22:20

I would hardly classify "AIR" as harcorn porn. It was more like "it was added in there, but was absolutely unnecessary."

Why did they add it then, you say?

Because that's the only way they can sell there games - on the PC game market. And in Japan, the only games that sell are ero-games. Games such as your "Command and Conquer" and "Doom" were never popular over here.

Suggested reading materials:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=328299&postcount=169
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=328330&postcount=170
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=328601&postcount=173
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=328636&postcount=175
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=328720&postcount=176
NeoSam
2005-02-27, 10:06
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=328720&postcount=176

From the above link:

Non-erotic bishoujo games turned anime also increased. As noted above, in addition to "Sentimental Journey" (based on "Sentimental Graffitti"), you have "Kita e ~Diamond Dust Drops~," "Sakura Taisen," and "Harukanaru Toki no Nakade."

Isn't "Harukanaru Toki no Nakade" a game for female audience?
A game that has a girl protagonist surrounded by bishounen couldn't be a bishoujo game, Right?

What are these games called? could it be "Bishounen games"?
kj1980
2005-02-27, 15:06
From the above link:

Isn't "Harukanaru Toki no Nakade" a game for female audience?
A game that has a girl protagonist surrounded by bishounen couldn't be a bishoujo game, Right?

What are these games called? could it be "Bishounen games"?

BL games (BL = abbreviation for "boys love")
NeoSam
2005-02-28, 12:19
BL games (BL = abbreviation for "boys love")

I'll keep a distance from these games :heh:
mangafanatic
2005-02-28, 15:50
How many episodes have you seen?

I'd say we have more than hints of romance. There's definitely substantial proof of the feelings certain characters have for other characters.
Theowne
2005-02-28, 16:24
How many episodes have you seen?

I'd say we have more than hints of romance. There's definitely substantial proof of the feelings certain characters have for other characters.

I've seen all of them. I never said I didn't see feelings characters have for other characters, I only said that those feelings did not seem love-related. I never saw any romantic interest.
Rugal
2005-02-28, 19:14
Originally posted by Theowne:
I've seen all of them. I never said I didn't see feelings characters have for other characters, I only said that those feelings did not seem love-related. I never saw any romantic interest.

Sorry if I misunderstood about this again for English isn't my 1st language.

For me, Air is not about romance at all, period. Air is all about mother's and child relationship. It's all about a feeling toward to the one who you called "mother". For boy and girl, "mother" word has differrrent meaning way to describe for them.

If you watched through episode 1-8. Did you noticed that what characters needed at most? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Not at all.

All they need is love. They wanted to be loved and waiting for someone who'll take them out from their loneliness and void.

-Kano just want to see her mother because she can't remember her. That's why she always believed that there is magic because she can meet her mother when she grown up to be an adult.
-Minagi involves motherly love. For Michiru she is her mother. Minagi acts like she's a mother by herself to Michiru to redundant what she never got from her mother. The tragic came after she fell in love with Yukito. She finally realized she was just a lonely girl whom living in her dream all along. Minagi's bad ED is a prove to this.
-Kanna. Not that hard to say that all she want is motherly love. She wanted to be loved. This girl was imprisoned and it was symbolise that she's a little bird in a golden cage. From what you seen is correct. Kanna needed NOTHING but her mother. Ryuuya was JUST someone who'll be there after she can pass her motherly complex.
-Misuzu... I won't spoil.

These stories had shown about what human need is love. We wanted to be loved and either waiting and finding our love. Air is not about romantic relationship from man to woman at all.

That's why Air is the only game I kept loving it for years. Even my wife can accept it and love it. This proven how good Air is. Even girl love it!
...Now if you read all this, pray that my first child will be daughter!!! :bow: :p
mangafanatic
2005-02-28, 19:49
Double post. Sorry.
USB500
2005-02-28, 21:05
For me, Air is not about romance at all, period. Air is all about mother's and child relationship. It's all about a feeling toward to the one who you called "mother". For boy and girl, "mother" word has differrrent meaning way to describe for them.

If you watched through episode 1-8. Did you noticed that what characters needed at most? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Not at all.

All they need is love. They wanted to be loved and waiting for someone who'll take them out from their loneliness and void.

-Kano just want to see her mother because she can't remember her. That's why she always believed that there is magic because she can meet her mother when she grown up to be an adult.
-Minagi involves motherly love. For Michiru she is her mother. Minagi acts like she's a mother by herself to Michiru to redundant what she never got from her mother. The tragic came after she fell in love with Yukito. She finally realized she was just a lonely girl whom living in her dream all along. Minagi's bad ED is a prove to this.
-Kanna. Not that hard to say that all she want is motherly love. She wanted to be loved. This girl was imprisoned and it was symbolise that she's a little bird in a golden cage. From what you seen is correct. Kanna needed NOTHING but her mother. Ryuuya was JUST someone who'll be there after she can pass her motherly complex.
-Misuzu... I won't spoil.

These stories had shown about what human need is love. We wanted to be loved and either waiting and finding our love. Air is not about romantic relationship from man to woman at all.

That's why Air is the only game I kept loving it for years. Even my wife can accept it and love it. This proven how good Air is. Even girl love it!
...Now if you read all this, pray that my first child will be daughter!!! :bow: :p
:bow: :bow: :bow: :P

Love in AIR? Sure, there is love, but it covers broader range than the typical boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. I won't touch this point as it's been said by Rugal earlier. :)
Theowne
2005-02-28, 21:19
Um, how much have you watched? Personally, I'd say its quite obvious that there are romantic feelings between several characters.

Well, I never saw any character think or say anything leaning romantic in any away. I see some of them helping each other out, connecting with their lives, but nothing romantic. ANd since apparently the story from now on will be different for a while, it probably won't lead to anything

And why did you reply to the same post twice, even after I responded to your first one?

BTW, nice detail, Rugal.
Edgewalker
2005-03-01, 11:21
It has a [QUOTE]wierd mystical air that was interesting albeit alittle confusing in the first episode. I like the main characters stubborn, angsty drifter personality as opposed to the usual plain schoolboy stereotype used in this type of serious and the comedy was all spot on but not overdone. Overall it looks like a quality show.

Yep , thats pretty much how it goes throughout the series . Ive seen up to 7 so far and the mystical fealing actually becomes more and more intense as you move along . I was also glad that the main male character had some originality to him rather then another keitaro clone that seems to appear in every one of these types of anime ( If air can be classified with them . )
vlader
2005-03-03, 11:09
I've just downloaded ep.1 of this series and it kinda have an interesting plot. Haven't watched any animes of this kind before. Hope the succeeding ep. really hook me into it.
mangafanatic
2005-03-03, 13:58
And why did you reply to the same post twice, even after I responded to your first one?

Sorry about that. I was thrown off by the new "Hide some posts" box at the top of the page. I couldn't find my post and I figure my stupid hunk of junk (a.k.a my computer) hadn't posted my statement. Gomen!
cercia_highelf
2005-03-03, 15:57
- AIR on the pc is allegedly H but the animes are good
- The anime of AIR seems like a dating anime (which it isn't?)
- It has no violent plot.
- Anime of H is great, when it's got no H in it. What's the problem?
BTW don't say I hate AIR that is an insult!

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:24
Air Wallpaper Thread
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:oeY2xA8uo5cJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-28389.html
too long to post
AIR Final Ep Discussion Thread
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:QFDkSwnTNlUJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-30605.html
too long to post. first page of archive only, but searching for ["site:forums.animesuki.com animesuki "air final ep"] yielded several more miscellaneous pages with caches.
AIR DVD's
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:tVzYUdiBsMcJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-28687.html
AIR Movie DVD Info
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:e6Mn9EtUOYwJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-31827.html
Favourite Air character
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:-JU5hvsRBkYJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-29268.html
*Spoilers* What’s the most heartbreaking scene?
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:j1jxDwrlMVUJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-30173.html

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:26
What is so good about Air?
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:043QOauVXsIJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-28461.html

dannylu88
2005-02-14, 00:29
I watched a couple of episodes, and alot of people are giving air really good reviews, but besides the animation, what is good about it... this is not an insult im just curious what im missing when im watching this series, is their like an underlying theme or something to even have its own discussion section on animesuki... because i dont get the story or if there is one

thanks
spool
2005-02-14, 00:57
personally i think the show just has alot of possibility at this point. The thing that i find great with the series is how much of a possibility it has. I like the shows which last awhile and develope at the same time.
spool
2005-02-14, 00:58
srry double post
Talesweaving
2005-02-14, 01:10
-Great character development (even though if its rushed and we don't get the full blast of it, its still very good)
-The best animation I have ever seen in an anime
-Music, Voices, Voice-Timing are done to prefection
-Story is very emtional
-Finally, its based on a famous game so many fans like it for that reason (I have not played the game)
sarcasteak
2005-02-14, 01:23
Because Misuzu owns j00 soul!!!1

Well, KEY's Kanon, AIR, and Clannad were hailed as brilliant graphic novels in their original game versions, so it's only natural the the anime versions receive high expectation as well (and Clannad is supposedly better than AIR which is supposedly better than Kanon o_o).
Sushi-Y
2005-02-14, 01:57
... I was getting all ready with flame mode "Why does this thread exist for an ambiguous question that should be better answered by looking for an answer on your own?" but then decided against it.

If you have a question about something in this series (and your question has been asked at least a dozen times before "I don't get the story", "what's the deal?", "am I missing something?"), please read through the more-than-plenty of information already available in this forum, the original AIR thread is a good place to start.

To answer your question a bit, AIR is very much a nichè genre, that is, probably only fans of the game or Key looked forwarded to it. Key games all have an interesting story to tell, usually with deep undertones, that is to say, AIR is geared towards an older audience (after all, most people who bought the game are 18+), compared to shonen stuff like Naruto, AIR certainly has a much deeper and meaningful story. This might explain why some people thinks "it's boring" or "I don't get it", probably because they, well, don't.
sarcasteak
2005-02-14, 02:08
To answer your question a bit, AIR is very much a nichè genre, that is, probably only fans of the game or Key looked forwarded to it. Key games all have an interesting story to tell, usually with deep undertones, that is to say, AIR is geared towards an older audience (after all, most people who bought the game are 18+), compared to shonen stuff like Naruto, AIR certainly has a much deeper and meaningful story. This might explain why some people thinks "it's boring" or "I don't get it", probably because they, well, don't.
But at least we won't get threads like "Whos your favorite character to hear" or "make you're squad!" >_>;;

For a moment I was actually looking forward to my long over-due return to the Naruto forum, but my brain melted after 5 seconds of browsing through the thread titles alone...it then combusted once I unwisely ventured into one of those threads.
Thelastguardian
2005-02-14, 02:27
Case in point

I find that people either loved it or bored by it.

My sisters, for example, had been watching the first epi while muttering "What's so great about this show, I don't get it."

While on the other hand, some of my friend goes "This is amazing! The graphic is so good."

It is all a matter of taste, and I agree: taste is not arguable.

From my poll, however, it looks as if the # of male individuals who like the show outweight the female by a factor of 4 to 1 :/ .
The show appeals mostly to male I guess.
Kamui4356
2005-02-14, 02:36
But at least we won't get threads like "Whos your favorite character to hear" or "make you're squad!" >_>;;

For a moment I was actually looking forward to my long over-due return to the Naruto forum, but my brain melted after 5 seconds of browsing through the thread titles alone...it then combusted once I unwisely ventured into one of those threads.
I occasionally venture back into the Naruto forum, when I forget why I left. I'm quickly reminded though.
That also brings me to what's good about AIR. Quite simply, it's deep enough to discuss without fanboy remarks like you would see in the naruto forum. If you look at a thread about the latest episode of air, you will mostly see discussion about the plot development, the animation, and the characters reaction to certain event. Some of the posts sound more like the author is discussing a classic book in a lit class than the latest hit anime. If a series can support meaningful discussion like that, it must be good.
However, as Sushi said, it's not for everyone.
AnImExFrEaK
2005-02-14, 03:11
If you've played the AIR game like I've have, this anime really brings out the plot. The animation is superb and deep. It goes at a slow pace and yet somehow, a fast pace at the same time. Plus it gives you a strong feeling in some of the episodes. If you don't feel that way and say "Man, that was some boring ****", just don't watch it anymore.
JoeStoppable
2005-02-14, 03:43
besides the animation the story line is extremely strong and deep. All the voice were done perfectly to fit each character. Misuzu has to be one of the cutest characters out there.

The ED was good but I liked the OP way better. But in the end if u dont like the anime thats just an opinion just like when i say its a good anime thats my opinion. So if you dont see what is so good about it maybe this isnt the kind of genre you are interested in thats all.
bluemist
2005-02-14, 03:53
I occasionally venture back into the Naruto forum, when I forget why I left. I'm quickly reminded though.
That also brings me to what's good about AIR. Quite simply, it's deep enough to discuss without fanboy remarks like you would see in the naruto forum. If you look at a thread about the latest episode of air, you will mostly see discussion about the plot development, the animation, and the characters reaction to certain event. Some of the posts sound more like the author is discussing a classic book in a lit class than the latest hit anime. If a series can support meaningful discussion like that, it must be good.
About great discussions, I immediately got reminded of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It had the most meaningful discussions back when it was really really popular, and having to look into those forums is just as fun as watching the anime itself.

I guess Air has almost the same impact as Kiminozo had. I think however because the anime indeed follows the original game like trains follow train tracks, there's nothing much to discuss in terms of speculations and analysis.

This is not to say though that Kiminozo is better (due to how big those discussions had been). For me Air is better (so far) because of its pace. Air is well paced (so far), while Kiminozo has you spiraling around every episode after the third episode.
sarcasteak
2005-02-14, 04:21
About great discussions, I immediately got reminded of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It had the most meaningful discussions back when it was really really popular, and having to look into those forums is just as fun as watching the anime itself.
The Kannazuki no Miko thread had some meaningful discussions, too...good times, good times.
Sugetsu
2005-02-14, 04:48
The first 3 episode are just like your avarage anime... nothing interesting happens; you may even think that there is not even a storyline. However once you get to episode 4 the anime starts to make sense. It gets really good by episode 6.

Please give it a try.
Talesweaving
2005-02-14, 11:08

Naruto is the boring and trying to converse with those people are impossible... So arrogrant. One of my friends like anime like Bleach, Naruto and FMA however he doesn't like Saikano, KgNE, AIR, Kanon that type of anime. He says I like chick flicks :o....
Madell
2005-02-14, 11:12
u are all saying that it has good animation and some1 said its the best in anime, does it has better animation then GiTS 2:Innocence ? and ah wat us this anime about
ChronoReverse
2005-02-14, 11:27
Simply put, this anime isn't for everyone. It's for the type that can feel and likes a mysterious atmosphere. It is a story that is moving, if you let it. The action is limited to character interactions, and so it should be. There isn't a mixing of genres here. Air is thematically simple and there's no reason to change that.
sarcasteak
2005-02-14, 11:31
Naruto is the boring and trying to converse with those people are impossible... So arrogrant. One of my friends like anime like Bleach, Naruto and FMA however he doesn't like Saikano, KgNE, AIR, Kanon that type of anime. He says I like chick flicks :o....
Isn't that just masculine American arrogance in general?
Diaphanus
2005-02-14, 12:01
It is all a matter of taste, and I agree: taste is not arguable.In my case, I would say "de gustibus non disputandum est" (concerning tastes, they shouldn't be disputed). :)

About great discussions, I immediately got reminded of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It had the most meaningful discussions back when it was really really popular, and having to look into those forums is just as fun as watching the anime itself.I wish I knew about this place back then. :( Now I kind of feel like I missed out.

One of my friends like anime like Bleach, Naruto and FMA however he doesn't like Saikano, KgNE, AIR, Kanon that type of anime. He says I like chick flicks :o....In that case, I like chick flicks. :)
dkellis
2005-02-14, 12:34

Thing is, I like AIR and Kanon (more of zOMG LOVE IT), but I didn't like KGNE. I don't know whether I like chick flicks or not.

I hated Naruto, and thought Bleach was so-so. This immediately alienates me from almost every other anime watcher I know in RL.

It's kind of hard being the only CCS-lover in a group of Inu-Yasha fans. Taste is a fickle thing indeed.
shadowplay
2005-02-14, 12:56
I think lot of people don't realize that most of bishoujo games in Japan are aimed at lonely otakus (I'm being sympathetic here) to fulfill their romantic, love and sex fantasies.
Bishoujo anime adaptions are not much different from that ideals, except they obviously gather much bigger audience than your typical H-game, so you first need to look at Air from that perspective to realize what's so good about it.
Of course not everyone has to be sadass otaku to truly appreciate it, but it would help :)
malaujai
2005-02-14, 13:48
The main thing thats so good about AIR is the fact that it exceeds at everything it does. Its not a complicated anime with plot-twists up the wazoo, but it does leave the audience intrigued and curious to watch more.

The graphics are amazing, it is probably the best animation i have seen up to now. Not at one moment does the animation fail to please -- consistency *coughnarutocough*. The use of CG is seamlessly meshed into the scenes, and makes the experience even better. As a side note, has anyone noticed that the animation and characters look similar to the characters of D.N.Angel? Yukito - Dark, Minagi - Risa, Potato - Wizu

Along with the amazing graphics, and the well-planned storyline, there is the character development. The character development in this series is just damn amazing. Within 6 episodes, you already see another side to each character. As the characters develop, the most "catchy" part of this anime arises -- the relationships between the characters (mainly, Yukito and the girls XD). The relationships develop in a sense that you must see more of that character with the other character and how they interact.

*phew* that was a lot.. lol.
Lst2touchdasky
2005-02-14, 19:28
Air is good, because you need it to live... and also patatoe is just badass! Also I just simply love the dinosaur girl.
Kyuven
2005-02-14, 21:36
Thing is, I like AIR and Kanon (more of zOMG LOVE IT), but I didn't like KGNE. I don't know whether I like chick flicks or not.

I hated Naruto, and thought Bleach was so-so. This immediately alienates me from almost every other anime watcher I know in RL.

It's kind of hard being the only CCS-lover in a group of Inu-Yasha fans. Taste is a fickle thing indeed.
i know how you feel. my taste in anime has alienated me from my friends for a looong time. Hell, for a while i was the only MALE in my school's anime club (now that's far from true...heh)
but...i don't dislike naruto, i love bleach, AND i love(d) Kanon, Da Capo, Kiminozo, SaiKano.
AIR and Kanon are special though, it's very rare that i run into an anime that makes me pine for the game (even though i have the japanese comprehension of a 3 year old japanese child with a speech impediment) to see how ELSE the story ends. I even became inspired to write my own H-game-type story (except without the porn...you don't need to get jiggy with it to make it a good story i.e. Da Capo, Kanon, likely AIR, YamiBoushi, Popotan)
spool
2005-02-14, 21:51
I'd have to agree, i like naruto, FMA, inuyahs and other action/adventure animes but i also like anime like AIR and monster.
Bflip
2005-02-14, 22:56
This is the best animation I have ever seen. It's very beautiful, and so are the character models.
dannylu88
2005-02-14, 23:39
thanks everybody.... i really should have watched the 4th ep before posting ehh oh well... anyways if its anything like kGne then i should really wait till the series end so i can watch it straight up.... Kgne was pretty unbearable week 2 week....

also thanks again for sparing me the flamage which animesuki is notorious for :)
XtAzY
2005-02-15, 00:15
air is good because

da music
characters
voices
cuteness
and more

its suppose to be rival of KGNE
Neesha
2005-02-15, 13:55
I think it's like you guys said. But I didn't play the game , and i'm also in love with this series. It's just that mysterious, awesome feeling it gives me. I'm also not above 18, but it really is a great anime. further...what is already said, i agree with it.
BlackDove
2005-02-15, 19:31
AHEM

Aside from the fact that it has nice animation, I personally don't think that is its main selling point.

If I had to class this anime somehow (I haven't played the game, or whatever it was that preceeded it), I'd class it in the "mind-fuck" (pardon the expression) type of Anime, such as Serial Experiments Lain, after the 6th episode that I saw.

The plot is seemingly so far about trivial matters, but when you dig into the core of it, I'd say most of it is borderline Psychology and Philosophy 101, with some parts being gone unto deeply, and others left for later.

Anyway, I downloaded the first episode on random (I downloaded 9 other Anime's that just started on the season), and I was fully content with what it had to offer right then and there, and I saw it two times, which I've never done with any other Anime. I've also continued with the other episodes in the same manner - watching them twice, making sure I haven't missed something.

Anyway... that's what I like about it. Air demands..... patience if nothing else. If you want a quick plot and action, Naruto is for you - although yeah, most of the community surrounding it is probably.... well, I can't find a word that isn't insulting ;)

Note though: I am a huge Naruto Fanboy. Read all of the manga, and have seen and archived all of the Anime so far.
Edgewalker
2005-02-23, 02:10
-Incredibly deep story . Pay attention to it .

-Some of the best character development Ive seen in anime .

-3 dimensional characters . They are also much more original then they first come accross as in the first few episodes .

-"real" feel to it . In other words you start to look at this anime and believe it as if it was real . You can start to make connections .
KyuuA4
2005-02-23, 02:14
When you listen to the opening theme... then watch an episode... I can't help but feel sad watching. If an anime can invoke some type of deep feeling -- then it did its job. That is one reason why Air is so good.

although yeah, most of the community surrounding it is probably.... well, I can't find a word that isn't insulting

Mentally deficient? Don't worry. They won't know what that means -- so it's not insulting.
muffinkevin
2005-04-28, 01:50
I just watched episode 1-5, and I don't really get whats happening.......Whats the deal with feathers and dreams.....I don't know whats going on :confused:
milkmandan
2005-04-28, 02:30
I just watched episode 1-5, and I don't really get whats happening.......Whats the deal with feathers and dreams.....I don't know whats going on :confused:
you have to watch the rest to understand the WHOLE story and what everything means the conneciton of everything

even then you might not understand.

i was lucky enuff to watch the whole 12 eps before i came here and tried to understand anything..

;) just go back and enjoy the rest of the series, you should be able to answer a few of your own questions... ;) if not come back and post on the final eps discussion thread
Rugal
2005-05-02, 13:35
Hello, I'm back! Is there any body here?

For the topic poster, read this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=525117&postcount=204
milkmandan
2005-05-02, 20:33
Hello, I'm back! Is there any body here?

For the topic poster, read this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=525117&postcount=204

yeahh..i am still here, nervously hoping this forum wont be moved ;) cuz i like it outside

ahr har.where did you go?
Rugal
2005-05-02, 22:15
Beijing, Mikmandan. Even the hotel has broadband connection but I still refused to brought my notebook to it. For many reasons... The best rare item I got there was Grandia II Limited Box. (Or Grandia II that was selling in this country is always in box like this?) OK, back to the story.
Then I also bought Wind Fantasy II but couldn't play it. Anyone who knows how to play it can PM me. I think... Is it because of I didn't registered it through StarForce website? (???)

I wasn't surprised for this forum was being moved since the series is over. I'm currently waiting to see Summer Special episode this August and waiting to buy Air Movie DVD this summer to completed my own collection, too.

Air's merchandises are still hard to find here. Wondered why they're so hard to find. (I mean figures, model) However I looking forward to this late summer, hoping someone to create and distribute them. :)

3 months to go... and I'll be the happiest man in the world. My child... I can't wait... really want to see her...
atmos
2005-05-15, 20:31
The title of this thread is the same question Im asking. What is so good about Air? I watched it because of the buzz around it, but I found it to be subpar at best. The plot and characters were not that interesting, the flashback episodes that took place with the original winged girl are the best episodes of the series. I honestly cant understand why this show is so popular. This show should not be grouped with Kanon although its by the same studio its nowhere near the quality.
Rugal
2005-05-15, 21:19
Air is a fairytale for those who grown up.

Air is good because... Misuzu's tragic.

Why? it involved "motherly love" and something called "A good girl like this shouldn't have to experiencing something like this". By the way the easiest way to say it is "Air is simply a bishoujo-anime." I said that, and I'd have to say yes to it.

Almost every grown up person like my friends, said that Air TV isn't that good since Air game (By other mean, A Sound Novel) really outdone itself (Aozora bomb). I think by enjoying boshoujo anime-manga-game you have to be "attracted" or "love" the character you like in that media. Well... let's say... "emotional" ?

Example: Girls Bravo manga. For the first time I read it I DISLIKE it by a lot. The story is subparred. The main character is very annoying. etc. I threw it into my closet after read it for 5 minutes.
One day I have nothing to read so I decided to buy manga vol.4 and 5. I have to admitted that's the first time I enjoyed it. I like the way Koyomi did because it's hillarious. That's it. I like character called Koyomi and now Girls Bravo is fun to read.

The way you can enjoy bishoujo anime is to be "attracted" by the main character, in this case, Misuzu Kamio. Who's easily to be the best example to all innocent girls in bishoujo anime-game ever. After you read through her story, you'll go deep down deeper and deeper. Then you'll have "Misuzu Kamio" in your heart.
After that "if" anything bad happening to her, you'll immediately felt sad to it since she's your "idol". I mean "this kind of thing shouldn't happen to a cute innocent-good girl like her." In this case, a disease from Kanna.
Air Arc. is the best example to my point. Does any of you think "This situation is not supposed to happen to a girl like Misuzu" ? If you ever thought of it. You understood what I mean. BTW KyoAni doesn't made Ep. 13 to be as good as in the game so I might suggested you to play the game to understood what I mean.
You'll be attracted by Misuzu, enjoy her story, love her, and then if the time of seperation was come. You'll be sad to her and remember her.
A tragic is always be remembered.

To be honest, I don't like Dream or Air arc. that much. The only thing I like about this series is Summer arc because of many reasons. Dream/Air episode was written by Maeda Jyun but Summer Arc was mainly written by Yuuichi Suzumoto. Who's actually writen Summer arc as a "folktale" or "legend" that passed along. That made Summer Arc to be a fairytale, completely. That's why almost every people has no "conflict" to it since they already knew that it's a folktale and it's very easy to interprete or understand what's going on. But to Air, well, it's as hard as hell to understand if you never played the game before or spend your time reading through it and understand what's happening.

Did I said my mother-in-law and father-in-law really enjoy Summer Arc? They said it's like a folktale they loved "The Legend of Moon-Princess Kaguya". While Air Arc, they fell asleep after 20 minutes. Summer Arc is more like... Gundam? You don't need to like Kanna to watch through the episode. The story itself is good enough to hold you down to your chair, the ending was very shocking, The last part was almost every man's dream. That's why non-bishoujo fans can stand for Summer Arc since it's very easy to understand and enjoy (Not the curses part, but still). While Dream and Air, well, if you don't like Misuzu that much you'll felt nothing to her. I mean it. The reason why non-bishoujo fans can enjoy Kanon is it's much easier to understand and enjoy since it's much closer to their real life or at least to any type of bishoujo anime out there. Unlike Air.

Sorry for my english since it's not my 1st language. I think you got what I'm trying to point out.
Shirobane
2005-05-15, 21:37
The title of this thread is the same question Im asking. What is so good about Air? I watched it because of the buzz around it, but I found it to be subpar at best. The plot and characters were not that interesting, the flashback episodes that took place with the original winged girl are the best episodes of the series. I honestly cant understand why this show is so popular. This show should not be grouped with Kanon although its by the same studio its nowhere near the quality.

Well, I had the exact opposite reaction to Air and Kanon. I watched Air first, about a week after it finished airing and was simply amazed at the quality of the show. It had me looking for more anime that KEY worked on. So I was given the suggestion to give Kanon a try. To say that I was agonizing was an understatement, but as much as I'd like to point out Kanon's flaws, I'll refrain from that for now.

What I loved about Air:
- Very deep story - it's like what BlackDove already mentioned, I re-watched episodes to make sure I didn't miss anything
- Animation was great
- Character developpment was very well done
- Following the last point, you can really get attached to the characters if you let yourself
- Music was good
- Story is original (at least to me :D)
- Potato has to be one of the most interesting side-characters in all of anime :heh:
Z3120
2005-05-15, 22:13
Air is simply not for everyone, that's a fact. I can only hope that some of the people I know would at least give it a shot and look at it from another perspective but sadly there's too many that I know of which happen to be on the bandwagon. People that watch what's in the mainstream of things a.k.a. Naruto. I'm not trying to aggravate anyone or cause an argument, but I can easily say the people I know that I've 'tried' to convert just fail to see how good Air really is. It's simply a matter of taste and interest as far as trying to draw a crowd.

Besides it being somewhat rushed, I'm sincerely glad I was able to watch something as grand as this. What I like about Air, like most have suggested, is the compelling story, the lovable characters, top-notch animation that's simply superb throughout all aspects of the anime, the well composed soundtrack and the wonderful voice cast.
milkmandan
2005-05-16, 02:47
one thing that even now that i can perfectly remember is the music and art.

honestly and seriously. take a step back and compare level of detail and design they put into every scene. the shadows, the color, the opacity, everything is just perfect, not only to set the mood of whats going on but also to draw you in. like stated above, the amount of CG that was put into this anime is on the high level. lots of CG, maybe you can't see it..but the eyes, all the eyes are CG. makes every character look better and in a sense more realistic..

the intro was VERY nicely done, some really nice effects took place there, and it matched very well with the music. the music is another thing that stood out completely. the hard working people that produced and created AIR really cared about their work..everything from images to the music.

AIR is a very different romantic story..its not your average, boy and girl fall in love, girl gets hurt, blah blah stuff happens. girl comes back. happy ending. -_-

very different in the way that things turn out for each arc. its not all happy and every ending leaves you hanging and thinking...

i guess the last thing that initially caught my eye when i first watched the first few eps of AIR that eventually leaded me to become a fanatic was the characters.. sure they are nice, awesome character developement, but is it me? or is every character extremely cute?

i dont think anyone in AIR looks BAD or even ugly. maybe except for the monks in the mountains, but besides that.

for once i was happy to see an anime filled with eye candy.

all the reasons above in this forum, i would back up as well, there is just too much that says this anime is good, its not an anime that lives on story alone..
dgreater1
2005-05-16, 20:20
What so good about this anime?

I didn't not a question, I just repeated it don't hurt me please! >_<

Anyway, the most interesting thing that led me to finish Air was.... (drum rolls)(drum stop)

Potato! After I saw this strange furball (said to be a dog), I thought to myself... What the hell is this creature? Piko Piko? I even purchased the game just to know what exactly is this creature Pikoing in front of my Old 17" Monitor (I still believe it's an Alien Dog or a Dog run by Solar Energy or is serve by tea and and... nevermind)...

Ok, here's my serious answer... (Ima da! ~Michiru flying kick~)

As far as graphics is concerned, I believe it's one of the top, every character looks alive and is really eye catching, the movements are smooth and flawless. But the thing that really hooked me to this series is the superb deep story and emotions flowing in every voice and every word of the characters, also, the BGM was quite great. The Summer Arc was indeed the Great because it's as simple as that. You need to think deep to understand Dream and Air Arc though...

Anyway, you need to understand the story first to fully appreciate the show. By the way, when I'm watching Anime or reading manga (specially drama type), I prefer to be alone coz I don't wan't the emotion stirring up inside me to be disturb by someone (happens a lot of time before). I remembered watching Grave of the Fireflies with a friend, when he suddenly commented "What the hell is this movie?", and off course... that made me lost interest in the show because I'm watching it together with someone who's not even interested and gives comment in every emotional scene... thus I didn't appreciate it that much while watching it together. Then I've watched it again... this time alone, and that changed my point view. After that, I only watch/read Anime/Manga alone... There are shows/series/movies that doesn't fit the personality of a person. I've come to a conclusion as I compared my taste to my friends taste, and the answer was "We have different taste, I prefer emotional and deep stories". While he prefers Pure Action with humor and a little bit drama. That's the difference between the two of us, I think deeper than he, always digging deep in my thought for the answer... because emotional and deep stories will make you think deep... (I think, kamo na... baka)

anyway... I don't know what I'm saying anymore just ignore me >_<
Imoto
2005-05-20, 05:04
I'm going to try really hard not to troll. And for my probable failure immediately after someone responds to this, I apologize.

First thing I have to ask is, what's the god damn point. Past episode 6, the show got really lame. Totally lame. Fantastically lame. I mean really. All the coolest characters basically do nothing after this point. Michiru is gone, Potato barely appears, and Yukito turns into a bird and contributes to future events by making with some shiny magic once, moving a stuffed animal, and sitting around while people talk to themselves.

I can't figure this show out. That is to say, I'm not sure what the goal of the anime actually is. Sure it's an interesting story and all, but it doesn't seem to serve any actual purpose other then to leave you dissatisfied in the end. Misuzu cries because she has no friends. Then she finds friends. Then she cries because she's the reincarnation of a cursed avatar of the gods, and if she has friends, it kills her. So Yukito leaves, and she cries more. And then he realizes he has to come back, so he does, and then he cries, and she cries, and he goes back in time and turns into a crow. Now instead of actually having any sort of life comparable to a human's, he ends up being a crow so he can save a girl who's the reincarnation of someone he knew in a past life, and eventually flies off to search the girl with wings or something, and apparently acomplished absolutely NOTHING. Misuzu and her aunt end up becoming a happy family, and then Misuzu gets amnesia, and everyone cries. And then they become a happy family again. And then Misuzu DIES. And we all cry again. And then Her aunt and father apparently visit eachother to talk about how much life sucks.

And then Yukito and Misuzu, are apparently reincarnated, and walk off into the future together waving goodbye to themselves.

So it's a tragic sad story, and then it's not, but it's not a happy ending, it's just an ambiguous ending.

The entire show seems to culminate in a way of saying to you "Hey wasn't that emotional." with no other point to the entire thing. The main characters don't actually change much, all the cool characters like Minagi don't have much to do with the main plot, and we never learn why absolutely no one in the entire town seems to have a father figure.

Basically, the plot seems to have been written without any real soul put into it, and thusly doesn't come to any meanigful resolutions.

So why do people like it?

(I apologize once again because this probably turned into me trolling after the first sentence)
Flak
2005-05-20, 17:24
I wouldn't call that trolling, I'd call that an opinion that differs from our own.

Cheers for expressing yourself.
dgreater1
2005-05-20, 20:15
Imoto wrote:

Just imagine Air is a food that everyone eats here... For us, it tastes great, fun to eat, very nutricious, very satisfying if compared to other dishes (other Anime)...

doesn't make sense? Oh, well...

People like it because they like it, they can't stop themselve from liking it. If many people like it, then that just prove that this dish (Air TV) is a great dish, but of course it always depends to the customer if they'll like it or not... everyone has their own taste and my taste buds says that this dish is superb that I can't express my feeling...

The hell am I talking about...
Flak
2005-05-21, 02:47
The hell am I talking about...

No, no, no- you're definitely onto something there. I think that taberu is a very important verb when analyzing AIR... ;)
nicolinbow
2005-05-21, 02:49
AIR TV series were the best Anime at 2004 in Japan.
The reasons are
1.The story is so emotional.I felt like crying.
2.Good music and voice.
3.Kawaii characters and beautiful pictures of the Japanese country.

The stage of AIR is real.(See the following Japanese web site. Sorry to in Japanese.)
http://htc.moon.st/ota/05041601.html

Thanks.
Leo_Otaku
2005-05-21, 03:50
The reasons are
1.The story is so emotional.I felt like crying.
2.Good music and voice.
3.Kawaii characters and beautiful pictures of the Japanese country.

The stage of AIR is real.(See the following Japanese web site. Sorry to in Japanese.)

Thanks.

OMG that is so awesome and great!!! thanks for the page ^-^
Leo_Otaku
2005-05-21, 04:05
I'm going to try really hard not to troll. And for my probable failure immediately after someone responds to this, I apologize.

First thing I have to ask is, what's the god damn point. Past episode 6, the show got really lame. Totally lame. Fantastically lame. I mean really. All the coolest characters basically do nothing after this point. Michiru is gone, Potato barely appears, and Yukito turns into a bird and contributes to future events by making with some shiny magic once, moving a stuffed animal, and sitting around while people talk to themselves.

I can't figure this show out. That is to say, I'm not sure what the goal of the anime actually is. Sure it's an interesting story and all, but it doesn't seem to serve any actual purpose other then to leave you dissatisfied in the end. Misuzu cries because she has no friends. Then she finds friends. Then she cries because she's the reincarnation of a cursed avatar of the gods, and if she has friends, it kills her. So Yukito leaves, and she cries more. And then he realizes he has to come back, so he does, and then he cries, and she cries, and he goes back in time and turns into a crow. Now instead of actually having any sort of life comparable to a human's, he ends up being a crow so he can save a girl who's the reincarnation of someone he knew in a past life, and eventually flies off to search the girl with wings or something, and apparently acomplished absolutely NOTHING. Misuzu and her aunt end up becoming a happy family, and then Misuzu gets amnesia, and everyone cries. And then they become a happy family again. And then Misuzu DIES. And we all cry again. And then Her aunt and father apparently visit eachother to talk about how much life sucks.

And then Yukito and Misuzu, are apparently reincarnated, and walk off into the future together waving goodbye to themselves.

So it's a tragic sad story, and then it's not, but it's not a happy ending, it's just an ambiguous ending.

The entire show seems to culminate in a way of saying to you "Hey wasn't that emotional." with no other point to the entire thing. The main characters don't actually change much, all the cool characters like Minagi don't have much to do with the main plot, and we never learn why absolutely no one in the entire town seems to have a father figure.

Basically, the plot seems to have been written without any real soul put into it, and thusly doesn't come to any meanigful resolutions.

(I apologize once again because this probably turned into me trolling after the first sentence)

Well that is how you see it. I respect that. With the rencarnation there is alot to do with "why a crow". The other bit I guess you would have to have played the game to know the best meaning and true "full" meaning.

Back to the crow. I believe life is all equal, humans aren't better than another living thing. In diffrent cultures a crow is symbolized somewhat the same way. There are too many to look up actually LOL ^-^.

Anyway it is said that when someone dies they are re-born as a crow (some legends say). All in all crows are symbolized as some form of death or past.
Imoto
2005-05-22, 01:39
Well that is how you see it. I respect that. With the rencarnation there is alot to do with "why a crow". The other bit I guess you would have to have played the game to know the best meaning and true "full" meaning.

Back to the crow. I believe life is all equal, humans aren't better than another living thing. In diffrent cultures a crow is symbolized somewhat the same way. There are too many to look up actually LOL ^-^.

Anyway it is said that when someone dies they are re-born as a crow (some legends say). All in all crows are symbolized as some form of death or past.

So then... It's the same as him dying and losing his old life. By becoming a crow he loses a all of his emotional ties with other people from being a human, and also loses a lot of his memories.

The ending could have been a lot more emotionally satisfying, if it were more conclusive about Misuzu's fate. That is, was her soul no longer cursed? It seems like not because Yukito (Sora) flies after her in the end. But then you see what's implied to be Yukito and Misuzu reincarnated together...

The ambiguity eliminates it's finality as a tragic love story, and leaves you feeling unsatisfied. I genuinely felt sick because of the way things twisted in such a way.

I guess to me it just didn't feel like the creators of this story had a love for it, and it came out like a kinda lazy story just meant to be emotional.

Also, the food analogy doesn't really work for me, since even when I dislike a food or don't have a taste for it, I have no problem understanding how people might enjoy it.
Cracknut
2005-06-15, 17:39
You can breathe it... :p
potatochobit
2005-06-17, 15:37
this show has some serious flaws in my opinion.

it had huge potential though.

the biggest draw backs is all the mystical ghosts and dreams taking
posession of people in the present. that was a turn off for me.

its ok to have the dreams linked with reality, but to have it cause pain because of
occurances in the past was not what i wanted to see while watching AIR.

other than that, character development was VERY good, especially considering the short amount of time they had to do it in. by episode 5, all the characters were clearly defined.

the drawing technique was also very enjoyable. it is very bright and inviting. the voice acting was also very good.
ForeverGoNe
2005-06-17, 18:49
the biggest draw backs is all the mystical ghosts and dreams taking
posession of people in the present. that was a turn off for me.

its ok to have the dreams linked with reality, but to have it cause pain because of
occurances in the past was not what i wanted to see while watching AIR.

It only caused pain for Misuzu because she was just another reincarnation of Kanna in a way. It perfectly makes sense this way because 800 years ago, when Kanna was trying to fly away, she was put upon that curse to suffer, and that she was linked with Misuzu, sharing that burden.
Rugal
2005-06-17, 21:34
Forevergone...

It's 1000 years ago. Due to the timeline. It's 994 AD. The year Misuzu died should be around 1994 AD. So... it's 1011 years ago in Hein era, Kanna was ever been "here" on earth.

I think after all you guys watched Air the Movie, I'll release Air FAQ. A story synopsis of course. Currently writing.
Sprut
2005-07-04, 04:21
there are only 13 episodes no?
and episdes 7-9 are somthing strange!
they got nnloothing to do with the storty and then it continius only without that porplle hair guy!
dgreater1
2005-07-04, 18:33
there are only 13 episodes no?
and episdes 7-9 are somthing strange!
they got nnloothing to do with the storty and then it continius only without that porplle hair guy!

Actually, it's a story that happened in a short summer 1000 years ago that relates to why Misuzu became the character she is now.

It's like asking "why did a child have that kind of personality". The answer would be in her past right? But in Misuzu's case, the answer is from her childhood experience and the story that happened 1000 years ago.

You need to dig in deep to understand the story ^_^.
Maceart
2005-08-04, 21:09

Nicolin, AIR aired on January 6th, 2005. So I'l say it is the best bishoujo anime of 2005. 2004 had no good bishoujo game anime... only Final Approach.
GokuJunior
2005-08-13, 06:02
hum... Interesting discussion... there are many kinds of anime and many people with different tastes...
And I can't say exactly if I like the anime or not... it's a feeling I've never had with other anime and it's really strange however some things I'm certain:
- the music is great
- the animation is great
- the characters are great
- the story... well I guess that it's in this point that I don't know my feelings about it... is it good or not? It wasn't bad but I don't have those feelings I had when I watched series that I have in very high places in my TOP.
I really can't say if I like it or not.
There are those people who says it sucks and those who says it rules and others like me (or maybe it's just me) who are in the middle... however I don't even know if I'm in the middle or not...
I like all types of anime and I think that is really a good thing because I can put myself watching everything... and my TOP have many different genres like Card Captor Sakura, Naruto, Kanon, Full Metal Panic, FMP! Fumoffu (and no I don't have hentai on my TOP, LOL), Fantastic Children, DragonBall,... whatever, I think you understand what I'm trying to say...
The thing is that Air is the first anime that I don't know if I like or not, it's just a strange feeling I have :confused:
Just one more thing... I gave Air TV a 8.5/10 and that means that I liked it however I'm not really certain if that was a good decision. F##k this strange feeling :twitch:

P.S.
Maybe there's a simple explanation for this like I'm just crazy or something like that :heh:
Neaco
2005-08-27, 15:19
Somehow, someway, after reading some threads I wonder how did this anime ever slip by unnoticed for me. Watched the first ep and got a good impression, not the animation of course that's a bonus but the whole relaxing "feel" of the anime's setting so far. The characters thus far seem ok, but that's why I'm getting the rest of the eps :)

Wow so the place is real? All the more reason to watch since the place exists, altho the anime version ofthat town looks a bit cleaner :)

Another page I found. I dunno if the life-like Misuzu is kawaii yet also scary at the same time!
http://tarax.flop.jp/alive/2005/0608/air08.jpg
http://tarax.flop.jp/alive/2005/0608/air13.jpg
http://tarax.flop.jp/alive/log/000660.html

Definitely gonna check this out.
navi432001
2005-09-22, 16:18
I think its easier to say what isnt good about Air because theres so many good points to it. The only thing I could think thats bad about it is.... It ended. :p

Thanks for the pic very interesting to see where they got the drawing ideas.
OshadowO
2005-09-23, 02:49
I think the best thing about air is that if you start to get in to it, it immerses you in the story to such an extent that you truly care for the characters. That's something rare that only happens when plot, characters, visuals and sound combine to create a wonderful experience.

Even now after finishing the movie and the series i can't get enough of it so here I am. Not to say the show is perfect but it is a wonderful yet sad story.

You really need to watch the entire series to get it. You need to watch it twice to really get it unless your powers of recollection are strong. The movie's a good summary though and watching that first might not be a bad idea imo.
ForeverGoNe
2005-09-28, 16:14
The factor that captivated me into AIR was the brilliant plot structure. I was immersed within the first couple episodes and everything after that was just smooth sailing straight til' the ending.

Even now after finishing the movie and the series i can't get enough of it so here I am. Not to say the show is perfect but it is a wonderful yet sad story.

I know where you're coming from. That exact feeling of yearning for more will always be there. The most sincere aspect of AIR was achieving goals and in the way it was portrayed at the ending, it really hits you hard but in a sense, you feel satisfied that Misuzu did reach her goal.
OshadowO
2005-09-30, 02:31
The factor that captivated me into AIR was the brilliant plot structure. I was immersed within the first couple episodes and everything after that was just smooth sailing straight til' the ending.

I know where you're coming from. That exact feeling of yearning for more will always be there. The most sincere aspect of AIR was achieving goals and in the way it was portrayed at the ending, it really hits you hard but in a sense, you feel satisfied that Misuzu did reach her goal.

hehe now my goal is to listen to aozora & dreams can come true as many times as i can ;)
Desti-fate
2005-10-02, 10:57
Lots of great characters- only one whiny one, who fortunately is bumped off early. Nice, sad plot too. Animation is good.
Basically it's everything that you'd expect in an excellent anime.

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:31
Air Summer Special
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:yTO080W3510J:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-30801.html

dreamless
2005-03-28, 14:29
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/200503

・特報!もうひとつの神奈の物語「AIR 夏特別編」今夏、BS-iにて放送決定!
TVシリーズ「AIR」で拾いきれなかった『SUMMER編』から、神奈をヒロインとして描く完全新作番外 編が制作決定!『「AIR」の続編は展開的にあり得ないのですが、番外編ということでしたので、ならば『S UMMER編』をやりましょう…となったんです。『AIR』は悲しいお話だったので、今回のスペシャルでは ひたすらバカバカしくやっていきたいと思っています。』と、石原立也監督のコメント。市場での出来事や道中 のやり取りなど、何気ないシーンで神奈という女の子のいいところが見られます、とのこと。8月20日・21 日の「TBSアニメフェスタ2005」にて先行上映予定。

so there will be a side-story special for the SUMMER chapter featuring Kanna as the main character, preview showing sheduled for this August.
Sushi-Y
2005-03-28, 16:41

TVシリーズ「AIR」で拾いきれなかった『SUMMER編』から、神奈をヒロインとして描く完全新作番外 編が制作決定!『「AIR」の続編は展開的にあり得ないのですが、番外編ということでしたので、ならば『S UMMER編』をやりましょう…となったんです。『AIR』は悲しいお話だったので、今回のスペシャルでは ひたすらバカバカしくやっていきたいと思っています。』と、石原立也監督のコメント。市場での出来事や道中 のやり取りなど、何気ないシーンで神奈という女の子のいいところが見られます、とのこと。8月20日・21 日の「TBSアニメフェスタ2005」にて先行上映予定。

so there will be a side-story special for the SUMMER chapter featuring Kanna as the main character, preview showing sheduled for this August.
Interesting, Kanna fans will have something to cheer about.

"今回のスペシャルではひたすらバカバカしくやっていきたいと思っています"

...Now I'm more interested. :heh:
Ryuu-Odjn
2005-03-28, 16:44
From the picture on Moon Phase, is it a comedy or something more serious?
MakubeX2
2005-03-28, 18:02
More of the silly antics between Ryuuya, Uraha and Kanna like those from first half of Episode 8, actually.

Could be a double edged sword, if you get what I mean.
MakubeX2
2005-03-28, 18:46
Which reminds me.....

Are they going to put the scene where Uraha (or was it Ryuuya ?) teaches Kanna about....Procreation from the game in this one ?
ChronoReverse
2005-03-28, 20:08
Think Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu.

Air: Fumofuu XD
Rugal
2005-03-28, 20:26
Are they going to put the scene where Uraha (or was it Ryuuya ?) teaches Kanna about....Procreation from the game in this one ?

Maybe... I think it should be a special episode by itself and it'd be "comedy" episode. Since there are many things being ripped out in Summer episode.
It seems the scene shich Kanna trying to talk with chicken is now added. Or maybe "The waterfront" scene is being added, too?
Plus, I think it'd be good. I think. Well, since it's Kanna's special, I'll wait for it.

So this would be a special episode? I think.

Dang it. Another "happy" thing for me in this summer... Looks like I will remember this year for the rest of my life since I got many things I always wanted in this year.
Colonel-
2005-03-28, 20:26
Think Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu.

Air: Fumofuu XD

^ is that even possible? lol
zalas
2005-03-28, 21:04
^ is that even possible? lol

AIR? Piko!
pikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopi kopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopiko pikopikopikopikopiko
USB500
2005-03-28, 22:37

that is very interesting, but I doubt that I get the chance to watch this special, since it's scheduled to be aired on August. :eyebrow: But if it's comedy (AIR: Fumoffu? :heh: ) I can't wait to see the "family sticking" scene again. :D
puffin
2005-03-29, 06:56
AIR? Piko!
pikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopi kopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopikopiko pikopikopikopikopiko
surmer= no potato :eyebrow:
fumofu and key? doesn't go. my guess is that it will go sad near the end.
bluemist
2005-03-29, 08:30
This is interesting...

So I guess they would derive the game's comedy parts which were left out in the 2-episode Summer arc?

I hope they'd do some Dream arc comedy episodes too!
Senien
2005-03-29, 08:47
Ah, this should prove to be interesting. It'd be a nice change of pace.
i0td
2005-03-30, 02:03
so there will be a side-story special for the SUMMER chapter featuring Kanna as the main character, preview showing sheduled for this August. More of the silly antics between Ryuuya, Uraha and Kanna like those from first half of Episode 8, actually.Oo. It may not be the same as the series just finished, but I still can't wait. :D I cannot get enough of AIR.
MakubeX2
2005-03-31, 19:29
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/2989/airspecial018pv.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/5475/airspecial027og.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/2549/airspecial033dk.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/7730/airspecial042bk.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/3061/airspecial052zf.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/1016/airspecial061dx.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/3994/airspecial075tu.jpg

From the preview at the end of the Summary (13th) Episode.

Looks like they are going all out to add all all the jokes that are in the game version of SUMMER but missing from the animated version.

There will be the Waterfront scene, the chicken scene and the sex education scene (toki,toki).....

"Ryuuya-Dohno, this is a bit embarrassing, but can I see your....."
Rugal
2005-03-31, 19:41
Since Summer episode was quite popular here and it got very good review from many reviewers, I can see now why they recreate a special episode to Summer.

2 episodes aren't enough for these fantastic characters.

Just finished watching Air Ep 13. Very good. Especially for the "preview" at the end of the episode. HehHeh. I got me interesting about how they can adapt the "waterfront" scene I ever mentioned to TV anime since it's originally her H scene... Well... in fact, far from it. But it's the fact that this scene was used as a fanservice to Kanna like Key did to her "flight" scene. Plus, Summer was known as the episode with has A LOT of mild adult jokes. I don't know why they ripped them out in episode 8-9. Even then episode 8-9 were known as the best episodes to Air around me. (Or epiosode 5-6, which got a good review from reviewers, too)

Now, another special episode to wait for me. REALLY looking forward to it.

See you in Summer! Too many good things will happen or happened this year.
USB500
2005-03-31, 20:41
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/2989/airspecial018pv.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/5475/airspecial027og.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/2549/airspecial033dk.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/7730/airspecial042bk.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/3061/airspecial052zf.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/1016/airspecial061dx.jpg
http://img120.exs.cx/img120/3994/airspecial075tu.jpg

From the preview at the end of the Summary (13th) Episode.

Looks like they are going all out to add all all the jokes that are in the game version of SUMMER but missing from the animated version.

There will be the Waterfront scene, the chicken scene and the sex education scene (toki,toki).....

"Ryuuya-Dohno, this is a bit embarrassing, but can I see your....."

yaay for kanna! \ :heh: / now I can't wait for this Summer special. :D
cal-reflector
2005-04-05, 05:53
Since Summer episode was quite popular here and it got very good review from many reviewers, I can see now why they recreate a special episode to Summer.

2 episodes aren't enough for these fantastic characters.

Just finished watching Air Ep 13. Very good. Especially for the "preview" at the end of the episode. HehHeh. I got me interesting about how they can adapt the "waterfront" scene I ever mentioned to TV anime since it's originally her H scene... Well... in fact, far from it. But it's the fact that this scene was used as a fanservice to Kanna like Key did to her "flight" scene. Plus, Summer was known as the episode with has A LOT of mild adult jokes. I don't know why they ripped them out in episode 8-9. Even then episode 8-9 were known as the best episodes to Air around me. (Or epiosode 5-6, which got a good review from reviewers, too)

Now, another special episode to wait for me. REALLY looking forward to it.

See you in Summer! Too many good things will happen or happened this year.

Ahem... anyways, watched the preview, things looked light, more comedy, and just when I thought it was safe to relax... BAM at the very end of the preview some totally suggestive material by Kanna! Ahem... so I presume........ that.... would be Kanna's equivalent of an H-scene, yes? Tell me, though, is it still done in the spirit of comedy and humor (You know, like the fanservice we see in FMP fumoffu), or is this so called "sex-ed/waterfront" scene, well... seriously suggestive?
zalas
2005-04-05, 06:39
Ahem... anyways, watched the preview, things looked light, more comedy, and just when I thought it was safe to relax... BAM at the very end of the preview some totally suggestive material by Kanna! Ahem... so I presume........ that.... would be Kanna's equivalent of an H-scene, yes? Tell me, though, is it still done in the spirit of comedy and humor (You know, like the fanservice we see in FMP fumoffu), or is this so called "sex-ed/waterfront" scene, well... seriously suggestive?
That suggestive scene in the game didn't really pan out as Uraha had hoped ^^; But yeah, it's really just there for comedic effect IMO.
Rugal
2005-04-05, 11:03
There is nothing "seriously" happened in the game. Despite to the fact that Kanna is the only girl who's still "an innocent" after the story ended. Unlike the other 3...
hoi
2005-04-05, 11:18
@ end of episode 13 they mention it

http://www.tweakzone.nl/f/g/11464CWzEUy79.JPG
kaja
2005-04-05, 11:43
wow, thanks for the info!!! so there is the movie AND the summer special!!! what a treat!
however, i've seen the trailer of the movie and unfortunately the art is quite different - qute, good, but the characters don't really resemble their original outlooks from the series... have'nt seen yukito though. sorry if you already had a thread on this, just wanted to share my impressions.
cal-reflector
2005-04-05, 11:44
There is nothing "seriously" happened in the game. Despite to the fact that Kanna is the only girl who's still "an innocent" after the story ended. Unlike the other 3...

You sound as if what happened to the other three (in contrast to Kanna's retainment of her purity) is a bad thing. Oh well, I agree with you, and once again thank the animators for removing those elements from the story; it really does work out much better this way, doesn't it.
Rugal
2005-04-05, 21:59
or is this so called "sex-ed/waterfront" scene, well...

I think so... but what Kanna wanted Ryuuya to look is... not such thing erotic or porny. It's...

Her wings!

BYE for now. I gotta go...
chison
2005-04-05, 22:35
can wait for it

[off-topic]a lot of new animes is on jp BS-i
lol.seem to be a cool anime channel :heh:
Ryuuya
2005-04-06, 14:00
A question to all:

Does anybody know how many episode this special summer arc remake will be? :confused:
TougeSil80
2005-04-06, 14:44
Isn't it only 1 ep?
Rugal
2005-04-06, 20:24
Only 1. It'll be about Summer between the first part of episode 8 and the half last part, where the trio are started journey together.
Many elements are thorn out as you can see, like Kanna vs. chicken, "The girl must show her back before passing through, waterfront scene, etc.
zalas
2005-04-06, 20:31
Only 1. It'll be about Summer between the first part of episode 8 and the half last part, where the trio are started journey together.
Many elements are thorn out as you can see, like Kanna vs. chicken, "The girl must show her back before passing through, waterfront scene, etc.
I guess it's to replace that rapid sequence of shots they interleaved with the bean bag throwing in that episode?
zalas
2005-04-09, 06:33
*bump*
According to an interview (http://anime.powerbean.jp/AIR/special/special38.html) with the creators, it seems that the SUMMER special will be TWO ~30 minute episodes. Hooray for more Kanna goodness <_<
Magus IX
2005-04-09, 11:11
*bump*
According to an interview (http://anime.powerbean.jp/AIR/special/special38.html) with the creators, it seems that the SUMMER special will be TWO ~30 minute episodes. Hooray for more Kanna goodness <_<
Yay! Life is good. Thanks for informing us. :)
Rugal
2005-04-09, 11:14
HOORAY!

Many good things happened and will be happen this year!

However, I think 1 episode should be enough since there aren't many things in Summer Arc... except for they wanted to re-create this episode.
MakubeX2
2005-04-09, 11:26
So.....

The rumours about AIR being a 15 episode series are turth after all.

Any mention about the summer special being released on DVD ?
Limiter
2005-04-10, 07:34
*bump*
According to an interview with the creators, it seems that the SUMMER special will be TWO ~30 minute episodes. Hooray for more Kanna goodness <_<

whoa! Now I cant tell which is more Im most anticipated off. The movie or this.
Sushi-Y
2005-05-14, 05:08
A short promo video is up at the official site...
http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/
or a direct link to the video
http://anime.powerbean.jp/AIR/image/air.wmv
Rugal
2005-05-14, 05:37
My own post, but well...

Air in Summer is apparently going to be only 1 episode, and will be broadcasting in TBS AnimeFesta at Tokyo Big Sight this August (Probably 20 to 21). The cost of the ticket to the festival is 2500 Yen. So the chance for you guys is to buy OVA DVD or DVD Rip.
See you there!
milkmandan
2005-05-16, 03:00
oh god i want to go ;)

so its only 14 eps....

..i wonder whats with everyone saying 15 then. where did that come from?
DaFool
2005-05-16, 09:48
oh god i want to go ;)

so its only 14 eps....

..i wonder whats with everyone saying 15 then. where did that come from?

12 eps + 1 recap ep + 2 ep special = 15.
Talesweaving
2005-08-14, 04:08
Does anyone know when the exact date of the OVAs are coming out?
andiyar
2005-08-14, 08:30
Does anyone know when the exact date of the OVAs are coming out?

5th of October.

Buy@CDJapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBX-50674).

Double episode. Single disc. :)

-Andiyar
Rugal
2005-08-14, 11:21
A Must buy for me.

See you at Anime festa this 20th!
Talesweaving
2005-08-14, 15:08
5th of October.

Buy@CDJapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBX-50674).

Double episode. Single disc. :)

-Andiyar

Ohhh okay.... October?! I thought it's going to be released at summer?! :twitch:

See you at Anime festa this 20th!

Where's this happening at?
zalas
2005-08-14, 20:21
Ohhh okay.... October?! I thought it's going to be released at summer?! :twitch:

It's airing on BS-i at the end of August and beginning of September. The DVD usually comes out later than airings. And if you order from Amazon, you get 20% off because it's a preorder: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009WWF5W/
stonedzombie
2005-08-28, 04:24
well........AIR just AIRed on tv (heh)........so, maybe we will see it soon.....i wonder, do you guys think it will include stuff that might actually be relievent to the show? or do you think the whole thing will be just one big.....joke...
Rugal
2005-08-28, 11:24
This one devoted itself to a "happiness" part which being cut out in Summer arc.

It's the part which you saw Kanna and rooster, Kanna on Ryuuya's back, etc.

I've seen it. It's good. Definitely worth watching if you ask me.
kes
2005-08-28, 14:37
Just watched the Summer Special Part 1 raw...unlike what I watched on TV eps but then i havent finished to watch all tv eps yet =x
Angelhalo
2005-08-29, 08:20
heh.. can't wait to watch it... and burns em in my dvd rom to complete the series.
GreyArea
2005-08-30, 17:36
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know whether 'Koi' will be subbing the AIR Summer Special episodes or not?
TougeSil80
2005-08-31, 21:59
Just watched ep.1 of Summer Special. It's pretty cool, more AIR is always good. But I don't know about the happy mood though, maybe it's because I already know how it will end, it just seems that these happy memory will only end in sadness in the end. :(
kmisuzu
2005-09-01, 18:22
Anyone got a script for the episode, or know if this is being subbed yet?
A script would be nice at the least :3
kmisuzu
2005-09-04, 15:24
Tonight Part 2 airs on Japanese TV! :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

<3
ToshioRyu
2005-09-04, 21:43
i wonder when i can watch it lol..... doesn't matter i will be patient, but how long is each special?
kmisuzu
2005-09-05, 00:59
I believe each is about 24 minutes long, I just finished watching the second :3

Be patient and wait for the sub and you'll enjoy it more! I think Koi is subbing them so just check back every now and then..
therethere
2005-09-05, 01:01
summer special 1 has just been upped by Triad!
AnimeLover2004
2005-09-05, 05:49
I believe each is about 24 minutes long, I just finished watching the second :3

Be patient and wait for the sub and you'll enjoy it more! I think Koi is subbing them so just check back every now and then..
I hope Koi will fansub it. I wanna hear a reply from them saying "Yes WE ARE going to fansub AIR Summer Special, just wait for few weeks." something like that. At least now I can go download Triad version and watch for myself. :)
andiyar
2005-09-05, 06:35
From Koi:
To dispel any rumours, I will make it clear here. We are not dead and will be finishing the AIR specials, albeit in HDTV. We are just taking longer than usual because we don't have as much free time as we did last year in high school. However, you can be sure that we will get them out, eventually...

In this thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37931).

^_^

-Andiyar
ForeverGoNe
2005-09-06, 15:14
Is the episode 13 and summer special the same thing? It resembles alot like each other.
zalas
2005-09-06, 18:20
Is the episode 13 and summer special the same thing? It resembles alot like each other.
Episode "13" is the summary episode, followed by a short preview of the SUMMER special.
The Undertaker
2005-09-06, 19:26
Episode "13" is the summary episode, followed by a short preview of the SUMMER special.

After watching the first episode of the Summer special, I remembered how incredible the animation was back in the series...compared to the movie that is.
aznmastah
2005-09-06, 19:44
The summer special is interesting for the first episode, hopefully it wont drag, but the question is for me does kanna and ryuuyu dono like eachother cause she seems a bit young...
Rugal
2005-09-06, 20:08
No, Ryuya only thread Kanna as his daughter in the Anime.
He's too old. Probably around 27 to 30 and Kanna is around 15.

Ever heard of Princess Kaguya? A story of old man, old woman and the princess from the moon. Ryuya and Uraha represented old man, woman here and Kanna as the princess.

That's it. Kanna's DO love Ryuya but in fact the feeling to Ryuya was just a feeling from a daughter to father/ younger brother. I've explained almost EVERYTHING here. Try browsing through the forums to know more.
andiyar
2005-09-06, 20:59
Just watched -mountain path- and was highly amused. Very enjoyable, made me love the Summer characters even more. I even got to play the "spot the scene!" game, where there was some footage in com?) rather it has been elaborated upon :)

Looking forward to seeing -universe- :)

-Andiyar
cal-reflector
2005-09-07, 02:38
No, Ryuya only thread Kanna as his daughter in the Anime.
He's too old. Probably around 27 to 30 and Kanna is around 15.

Ever heard of Princess Kaguya? A story of old man, old woman and the princess from the moon. Ryuya and Uraha represented old man, woman here and Kanna as the princess.

That's it. Kanna's DO love Ryuya but in fact the feeling to Ryuya was just a feeling from a daughter to father/ younger brother. I've explained almost EVERYTHING here. Try browsing through the forums to know more.

Hey Rugal, long time no see! How's fatherhood treating you? Yeah, that was a BIG discussion we had in the good old days wasn't it? Until you put the final word down that is.

Does anyone know whether in part two we might see more concrete Ryuya-Uraha scenes? In the anime world that's full of teenage-romances, a relationship between adults such as these two is like a breath of fresh alpine air.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6423/screenshot0100ic.jpg
Awwww....

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4998/screenshot0028xs.jpg
Daddy...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1554/screenshot0081mb.jpg
Mommy...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7950/screenshot0006be.jpg
*Sigh...*
Rugal
2005-09-07, 10:25
Hey Rugal, long time no see! How's fatherhood treating you? Yeah, that was a BIG discussion we had in the good old days wasn't it? Until you put the final word down that is.

It's good to see you again, Cal-reflector. I remembered the old days when I said "I'm gonna have child" on this board. ^_^
I named her Ishihara Kanna. Birth date was 7th August.

I felt nothing more but happy. In fact I understand now how someone look at their creation and hope it would grow strong and live on its own.

To be more specific, I felt like ... and the picture you shown now. (Replace ... with me, ... with my wife, ... with my daughter. There you get what I'm trying to say. ^_^)
cal-reflector
2005-09-13, 02:27
Just watched the second part of Air's Summer Special. It was rather mundane, except for the further revelation on some relationships:

Everyone knew it, but Kanna definitely has a romantic interest in Ryuyaa, and on Uraha's advice, takes a bold advance at him, who of course cannot even consider the possibility of such a thing, and resists Kanna's rather quirky advances with little effort. Their relationship continues as is, Kanna loves Ryuyaa and he likewise, albeit as a sister/daughter.

Burning question: How many Summer specials are there supposed to be? If it just stops here... I'm afraid I won't be able to restrain myself from committing drastic acts of barbaric violence. Reason? There is no sense of closure whatsoever...

*straps self into figurative strait-jacket before I am tempted to go on a rampage and write lots and lots of Uraha-Ryuyaa-Kanna fics*
Rugal
2005-09-13, 03:34
Just watched the second part of Air's Summer Special. It was rather mundane, except for the further revelation on some relationships:

Everyone knew it, but Kanna definitely has a romantic interest in Ryuyaa, and on Uraha's advice, takes a bold advance at him, who of course cannot even consider the possibility of such a thing, and resists Kanna's rather quirky advances with little effort. Their relationship continues as is, Kanna loves Ryuyaa and he likewise, albeit as a sister/daughter.

Burning question: How many Summer specials are there supposed to be? If it just stops here... I'm afraid I won't be able to restrain myself from committing drastic acts of barbaric violence. Reason? There is no sense of closure whatsoever...

*straps self into figurative strait-jacket before I am tempted to go on a rampage and write lots and lots of Uraha-Ryuyaa-Kanna fics*

Only 2. After the ending of Air in Summer. They reached Kishuu mountain and is the end of Ep8.

The fics? You might interest in this:

It's the retelling and all-new story to Air Summer.

(This is from the Kanna's Summer novel. Now it's the Ep 10 of "Promise of Wind", a novel by me. No translation project though.)

Kanna, as a little baby. She was given to the supreme ruler at that time because her mother, Tsukihiko (Not Yao-Bikuni) decided to sealed herself forever after she committed such a great sin...

Kanna grown up, but never known of anything outside. One day the supreme ruler met her and given the rank "no mikoto" to her.

"Supreme ruler sama, this is...", said the caretaker.

"I know, she's the descendant of Winged Being. The daughter of Tsukihiko. How old are you?"
"I don't know... I never knew how old I am..."
"...From now on you should be ranked as no mikoto, 5 years old."
"Me?"
"You don't like this?"
"You ranked me as a god of this land?"
"Not exactly, but since you're..."
"The descendant of Winged Being."
"Exactly.", said the Ruler.
"Because I have these Wings?" She ask.
"From now on you'll have your own guardians..."
"Really? From now on Kanna will have friends?"
"Kanna. From now on you're Kannabi no Mikoto. These guardians could or couldn't speak or interact with you since it may taint you and they have to be changing everytime you being sent to new palace because you'll be the one who'll commit the rituals."
"...So Kanna still has no friends?"
"No. These people swear that they'll give their lifes to you. So we called them as -dohno."
"Then... Kanna want to ask you somethink..."

"For someone who'll be with Kanna...

These people really swear that they'll give their lives to me?

They can die for me?

If Kanna loves someone, could I give my life to that one like these people given their lives to me?

Because in the future...

...Kanna will give my life to someone I love..."

The story involving Kanna and Ryuuya, as you known. It ends at the ruler finally let they marry together as a high priestess and servant. The ruler devoted her from god to a high priestess instead of killing her since no one ever actually seen her face and it's his promise to Tsukihiko. His one-time friend.
It was written since 2000 after Air was released.

This year 2005, I written my own novel. "Promise of Wind". Never published yet and is a free novel that can be read in my doujin group only. Thus the criticize is showing that this is good.

It's about thousand of years had passed in a seaside high-tech town. Kunisaki Maya, an ordianary quite tomboy-ish girl and her closest friend, Otohime Yuriko. Both witnessed a strange event in this Summer since the scroll of "The Legend of Winged Princess" was stolen from the central library of this town. After she started investigating things about what this town really is... It started out that this summer was the strangest and is an unforgetable summer to Maya.

This story featuring Kunisaki Maya as a main character. With a brief new characters like Otohime Yuriko, Rydia, Kunisaki Ryuya, Taito, NoNo, Tachibana Kanna (?) and many more.

The story is long enough to be an actual novel (Around 3xx pages), but I never decided to published anywhere.

Want to see any character design?

This is Rydia, one of the most favorite character in the novel:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2631/rydia9fx.jpg
stonedzombie
2005-09-13, 03:46
just saw air summer special - universe.......great little side story.....sad to know thats the end of air for good :(.......anyway, i was wondering......

SPOILER- when Kanna was having the dream about "being in a differnet form" was she talking about Misuzu?......and if so, where did that glimpse of flowers take place?....
Rugal
2005-09-13, 04:09
SPOILER-No. What Kanna saw was a far away memory from an unknown source...

...far, far away...

far away...

If these 2 world connected, it would confused fans even more, so the details are ripped out in the process. Just Misuzu dreaming of Kanna. Just that.
ToshioRyu
2005-09-13, 04:34
Where do the 2 summer specials fit in?
Rugal
2005-09-13, 04:38
^ In the middle of Episode 8. Where the journey began to the arriving at Kishuu mountain.
spreadyourxwings
2005-09-13, 20:13
ahh. im so sad there isnt more than two episodes. i adore kanna. T_T but minagi is my favorite. wahh. so sad there was only two. ive been waiting this long for two episodes? T_T
Radiosity
2005-09-13, 20:49
I'd agree that it's sad there's only 2 episodes, but they were worth waiting for - I love the characters, espeically Kanna, so it was nice to see a bit more about their journey. However, 6 episodes would have felt better I think :) Ah well, I'm happy enough with just the two.
indicatoto101
2005-09-14, 22:00
the two summer episodes were really heartwarming. If I hadn't watch the series, I would probably think otherwise of the theme of the show. They should make brand new series from this, I can watch the three allllll day.
USB500
2005-09-15, 06:02
[snip]
omg, rugal! You actually wrote a fic novel of AIR? Can I do this? :bow: :bow: :bow: damn, I have this urge to read it, but considering its loooooong pages (300+)... I'm such a fanstory whore :heh:
Rugal
2005-09-15, 10:58
omg, rugal! You actually wrote a fic novel of AIR? Can I do this? :bow: :bow: :bow: damn, I have this urge to read it, but considering its loooooong pages (300+)... I'm such a fanstory whore :heh:

You're welcome but... I didn't written it English.

Off Topic: Not Air, but the "Promise of Wind" novel by me. Very popular in my doujin group and is a free-reading novel. No English Translation project.

Click to see the details:

Here is the picture of 3 main characters.
This picture is actually used to celebrate the popularity of this novel. No English translation Project.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3527/dsc026737fg.jpg

The one the right is Kunisaki Maya, a younger sister to Kunisaki Ryuya and she is the main character. Quiet tomboy-ish and very strong but she's actually very kind and love Ryuya VERY MUCH. She has ultra-flat figure and it is the only "weakness" to her.
On the center. Her name is Rydia. She lost all of her memories after Maya hit her head with stone to prevent her from killing Alrophathia. :heh: Kind of strange, always act childish and having very weird habit such as undressing her dress in front of someone. :eek:
On the left, she is Otohime Yuriko. Maya's closest friend and is a student from another town. She came to this city with her mother as she's the head researcher to Tachibana Estate, the biggest medical company in the world. Yuriko was very shy girl but something she acting bolder than Maya. Yuriko was once the most popular character until Rydia stole the scene. T_T

There are even more unique and realistic characters such as NuNu, a 12 yrs. old girl with fox ears and tail. Alrophathia (Al), the modeller who kept finding "something" in this town for months, Kunisaku Ryuya. Maya's elder brother. Tachibana Kanna. Ryuya's fiancee and is the daughter of Tachibana Seirei, the owner of Tachibana Estate, etc, etc.

Still, No English Translation project... :heh:
Nani
2005-09-18, 11:07
You're welcome but... I didn't written it English.

Hurray, another incentive for me to keep up my Japanese learning. Rugal, if you don't mind, I would like to get a copy of your story (in Japanese). Probably it will take me one/two years to understand your story, but it will make my learning more enjoyable.

Here is the picture of 3 main characters.

I like it. Do you draw the picture?
Dragenizer
2005-09-18, 11:27
soo this dooees tie in with eps 8 in Air TV hehe i just finished the two eps ... i ve been waiting soooo long for the movie and the summerspecial to come out ..it was really great =) though it kind a felt unfinished hehe.. too bad theres no more AIR ..... waaaaa T_T AIR ROCKS! :heh: :heh: :heh:
Desti-fate
2005-09-18, 11:39
I don't see how the Summer specials really contribute anything to the overall AIR story (at least not so far), but they sure are funny. Great action scenes too, short though they are.

The Eyes are starting to bug me though. Surprised I didn't take much notice of them the first time I watched AIR.
Dragenizer
2005-09-18, 17:24
:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: lol... why what was wrong with the eyes ??
Radiosity
2005-09-18, 19:06
I think the eyes in Air are some of the best/ nicest I've seen in an anime.
Rugal
2005-09-18, 21:54
Hurray, another incentive for me to keep up my Japanese learning. Rugal, if you don't mind, I would like to get a copy of your story (in Japanese). Probably it will take me one/two years to understand your story, but it will make my learning more enjoyable.

I'm truly sorry but there is a "project" to my doujin novel soon. This caused me not to distribute things. I'm truly Sorry. T_T

I like it. Do you draw the picture?

Yep. As my apologize to you, these are the galleries of Sky: Promise of Wind.
Off-topic.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6207/maya0re.jpg
Kunisaki Maya, the main heroine and is Kunisaki Ryuya's younger sister. Quite tomboy-ish. (As seen in the pic :heh: ) She loves Ryuya VERY much and always teasing him by jumping into bathroom while he's bathing! (Of course, and when he's naked!) Maya is a top-class student and very strong sport girl, but she has no man interest in her since she's too strong. Maya don't care of it. She still has her brother besides her...
...But she wondered what if he marry with his fiancee, Tachibana Kanna...
Maya's feeling toward Ryuya is more and more each day...

Rydia, one of the most popular character in the novel. She lost all of her memories after being hit on the head by Maya. Having very weird behavior such as undressing in front of someone and is very child-like girl. She sensed that there're "something" which shouldn't be remember in her memory... Rydia tried to forget it and live along with Maya.

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/7907/dsc026898tt.jpg
NuNu. (This pic was drawn because of her popular, so her dress is not an official one) A young artist who lived in this town. She having something which make her unforgettable to those in town. Ears and tail. Almost every people always wondering if those things real or not. However, NuNu is the master of arts. She can draw things perfectly and even has her own gallery. NuNu live with Alrophathia. #1 modeller in the country.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/9233/ryuuyakanna6zl.jpg
Tachibana Kanna and Kunisaki Ryuya. (This picture was used in celebrating of popularity, it took place 5 years before "Promise of Wind" happened. Kanna in the pic is 17, Ryuya is 22. In the story she's 22 and Ryuya is 27.) Tachibana Kanna is the only daughter of Tachibana Seirei, the owner of Tachibana estate and is the biggest medical research company in the world. She loves Ryuya very much. Kanna always lived alone until she met Ryuya, thus their fate began...
Kunisaki Ryuya is Maya's elder brother. He's the winner of "Tachibana's Genius Contest" and has been elected to be Kanna's close-bodyguard. He love her very much. Ryuya is older than Maya for 10 years and he lived with her, fed her since she birth and their mother left them since they were young... This caused him to unaware of Maya's feeling toward to him...

There are many more, but they'll spoil all the story. Plus there are many sidestory (3) in the novel to explain what're the causes to what happened in the main story.

Here is my favorite one.

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7853/tsukitatsu1vi.jpg
Moonlight.

The story of Tsukihiko in ancient era. (Yamatai era) She's the only daughter of the ruler of the land who claimed to have wings. The story happen after the incident of "The invasion of horseman" happened in her era. Her mother died. Tsukihiko fled from her castle and live on her own in the mountain.
Hundred of winter had passed. Tsukihiko is all alone. But then she found someone who called Tatsuhiko no Mikoto. He took her from the mountain she lived and show her the world that was changed beyond she could remember. Finally she became the protector of the emperor like Tatsuhiko is.
Their fate began... but what awaits them?

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7775/kanna6wl.jpg
Nothing more to explain... Is that it? Kannabi no Mikoto. That's it. The story that started it all in the series. There are the scroll of "Winged Princess" that was kept retelling in this seaside city. The story of true love, and was used to teaches new couple these days about what true love is. The story end as they live happily ever and after. It was a well-known story in this seaside town and the tomb of princess also lied in this town.

But the scroll was stolen from the cental libray... but for what purpose?
stonedzombie
2005-09-18, 22:38
I'm truly sorry but there is a "project" to my doujin novel soon. This caused me not to distribute things. I'm truly Sorry. T_T

Yep. As my apologize to you, these are the galleries of Sky: Promise of Wind.
Off-topic.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6207/maya0re.jpg
Kunisaki Maya, the main heroine and is Kunisaki Ryuya's younger sister. Quite tomboy-ish. (As seen in the pic :heh: ) She loves Ryuya VERY much and always teasing him by jumping into bathroom while he's bathing! (Of course, and when he's naked!) Maya is a top-class student and very strong sport girl, but she has no man interest in her since she's too strong. Maya don't care of it. She still has her brother besides her...
...But she wondered what if he marry with his fiancee, Tachibana Kanna...
Maya's feeling toward Ryuya is more and more each day...

Rydia, one of the most popular character in the novel. She lost all of her memories after being hit on the head by Maya. Having very weird behavior such as undressing in front of someone and is very child-like girl. She sensed that there're "something" which shouldn't be remember in her memory... Rydia tried to forget it and live along with Maya.

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/7907/dsc026898tt.jpg
NuNu. (This pic was drawn because of her popular, so her dress is not an official one) A young artist who lived in this town. She having something which make her unforgettable to those in town. Ears and tail. Almost every people always wondering if those things real or not. However, NuNu is the master of arts. She can draw things perfectly and even has her own gallery. NuNu live with Alrophathia. #1 modeller in the country.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/9233/ryuuyakanna6zl.jpg
Tachibana Kanna and Kunisaki Ryuya. (This picture was used in celebrating of popularity, it took place 5 years before "Promise of Wind" happened. Kanna in the pic is 17, Ryuya is 22. In the story she's 22 and Ryuya is 27.) Tachibana Kanna is the only daughter of Tachibana Seirei, the owner of Tachibana estate and is the biggest medical research company in the world. She loves Ryuya very much. Kanna always lived alone until she met Ryuya, thus their fate began...
Kunisaki Ryuya is Maya's elder brother. He's the winner of "Tachibana's Genius Contest" and has been elected to be Kanna's close-bodyguard. He love her very much. Ryuya is older than Maya for 10 years and he lived with her, fed her since she birth and their mother left them since they were young... This caused him to unaware of Maya's feeling toward to him...

There are many more, but they'll spoil all the story. Plus there are many sidestory (3) in the novel to explain what're the causes to what happened in the main story.

Here is my favorite one.

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7853/tsukitatsu1vi.jpg
Moonlight.

The story of Tsukihiko in ancient era. (Yamatai era) She's the only daughter of the ruler of the land who claimed to have wings. The story happen after the incident of "The invasion of horseman" happened in her era. Her mother died. Tsukihiko fled from her castle and live on her own in the mountain.
Hundred of winter had passed. Tsukihiko is all alone. But then she found someone who called Tatsuhiko no Mikoto. He took her from the mountain she lived and show her the world that was changed beyond she could remember. Finally she became the protector of the emperor like Tatsuhiko is.
Their fate began... but what awaits them?

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7775/kanna6wl.jpg
Nothing more to explain... Is that it? Kannabi no Mikoto. That's it. The story that started it all in the series. There are the scroll of "Winged Princess" that was kept retelling in this seaside city. The story of true love, and was used to teaches new couple these days about what true love is. The story end as they live happily ever and after. It was a well-known story in this seaside town and the tomb of princess also lied in this town.

But the scroll was stolen from the cental libray... but for what purpose?

VERRRRRRY NICE
milkmandan
2005-09-19, 04:55
holy shit, you are pro..pro pro pro! lol

justsomeguy
2005-12-18, 23:35
Confused (tons of spoilers, you have been warned*
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:kvh7_0OB57kJ:forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-37648.html

~*Angel*~
2005-08-04, 15:10
I'm kinda confused so I just decided to ask right now in one thead. Sorry, if these questions have been asked already..

1) Is AIR finished? Or is it still going? Because its not listed with the other anime that are completed...plus I heard there are gonna be 24 episodes. (I hope this is true)
2) Is the summer special the beginning to a continuation or is it simply just what it says, a special?
3) Is it true that the movie is almost exactly like the series only more true to the video game? O_o <--thats what I heard anyway..)
Maceart
2005-08-04, 15:22
1) AIR the TV anime is finished. There are 12 episodes of story, one episode of recap, and two OAV's that's going to be released in August that deals with the more comical aspects of the Kanna story.

2) The summer special is a special, an OAV. No new plot continuation.
3) The movie is a complete retelling of the Misuzu plotline, and is completely different from the TV series and the PC game. The TV series followed the game, while the movie took its own path.

AIR movie comes out on August 5th! Hope someone subs it...

As a note the movie has many differences from the TV anime. For one thing, Yukito's voice is different (he's voiced by Tamahome's voice from Fushigi Yuugi) and his puppet show is actually very popular with the kids.

If you want a 30 minute preview of the AIR movie, go here: http://shop.frontierworks.jp/digital/web_anime/detail48.html

Use WMP7 or above, and remember to allow downloading of licenses.
The character designs are different, but the animation is as good as ever!
~*Angel*~
2005-08-05, 16:22
Alright..I've been confused since episode 4. O.o It all made sense at the beginning, but then it got so deep I was completely lost! I kept telling myself that it would all come together at the end..but it DIDNT! I was even more confused at the end. In hopes of understanding it, I actually rewatched it again, and i am still as confused as ever.

*spoilers up ahead*

Episode 4) Who was that woman in the flashback? What does she have to do with the story? O_o Why is her spiri in that feather?

Episode 5) 1: Who and what is Michiru? I am so confused. Is she a memory of Minagi's sister? Just...what is she? And why was she her baby sister at the end? O_o
2: What exactly is wrong with Misuzu? O_o Is she forever cursed to be alone, which is why she breaks down and scares people away?

Episode 6: I dont understand what was wrong with Minagi's mother. Her other daughter died and she was so filled with grief that she mistook and replaced Minagi with her deeceased daughter Michiru (who is the same Michiru that we've seen? O_o). But why didnt she recognize Minagi as Michiru at all at the end? O_o And how did she remember Minagi suddenly?

Episode 8: Who is Kanna? I know shes the girl in the sky but is she also Misuzu? If so, how was Kanna reborn as Misuzu? And is Ryuu Yukito? They share the same kinda memories and everything.

Episode 9: 1: Kanna's mother's curse was passed onto her..that much makes sense? But what happened to Kanna at the end? Is the curse that the monks bestowed upon her a dream she relives over and over?

2: Ryuu and Uraha make a child o_O, so is the child Yukito? But I thought Ryuu was Yukito XD but maybe I'm wrong..

Episode 10: What is up with the crow? I know hes Yukito, but how did he become a crow, and why exactly? How can the crow be Yukito when Sora (the crow) witnesses himself with Misuzu? If hes a crow, why is Yukito's human body still around? O_o Unless its all a dream that Misuzu keeps reliving and the crow witnesses it with her? Was the first story arc all a dream from the past as well?

Episode 11: 1: I understand why Haruko distanced herself from Misuzu, that much makes sense. But why did Misuzu suddenly forget about her? Is it because her dreams are nearing the end?

2: And at the end of 11 is it true that Haruko is really Misuzu's mother who was just pretending to be her aunt? O_o I was so confused. Because Haruko said, "I'm your mother." but maybe she meant it in a different way?

Episode 12: Who are those children at the end? Did Misuzu return to the sky? The curse still isnt lifted though has it?

That is all..I really love this series, but I hardly understand it O_o.I wish the recap was more clear. I also dont get the dream thing. I can never tell when a scene was a dream of Misuzu's or real..or was any of it real? gah, I suck with deep plots XD
Rugal
2005-08-06, 12:52
OK, I'll help for goodness ^_^.

Episode 4) Who was that woman in the flashback? What does she have to do with the story? O_o Why is her spiri in that feather?
: She's Shiraho. Her spirit is in the feather because that feather is one of Kanna's. She have something to do with the story because Kano is Shiraho's reincarnation. (Yes, that's true.)

Episode 5) 1: Who and what is Michiru? I am so confused. Is she a memory of Minagi's sister? Just...what is she? And why was she her baby sister at the end? O_o
-Michiru is an unborn girl who lend Kanna's feather to create her human form. She is Michiru who should've been born. The girl at the end is an another Michiru, not exactly the same.

2: What exactly is wrong with Misuzu? O_o Is she forever cursed to be alone, which is why she breaks down and scares people away?
-Because of her true self, Kanna, experienced that if anyone came near her they'll die like she saw Ryuya and Uraha being killed in her ninghtmares. That's why. Thread it as some kind of "reflection".

Episode 6: I dont understand what was wrong with Minagi's mother. Her other daughter died and she was so filled with grief that she mistook and replaced Minagi with her deeceased daughter Michiru (who is the same Michiru that we've seen? O_o). But why didnt she recognize Minagi as Michiru at all at the end? O_o And how did she remember Minagi suddenly?
-Because Minagi realized that who she really is. She always acting that she's Michiru to her mother all the time. When she lost from her house her mother was trying to remember what she lost... and recognized that it's Minagi who always been on her side for all the time.

Episode 8: Who is Kanna? I know shes the girl in the sky but is she also Misuzu? If so, how was Kanna reborn as Misuzu? And is Ryuu Yukito? They share the same kinda memories and everything.
-Yes. She's the girl in the sky who's Yukito and Kunisakis kept searching for. Her true self is in the sky and her split one part of her soul to be vorn as Misuzu, to find some happiness. Misuzu is actually one of Kanna's endless dreams. Yukito is one of Ryuya's offspring so it's not odd to having something in common. Like memories that was passed down to him.

Episode 9: 1: Kanna's mother's curse was passed onto her..that much makes sense? But what happened to Kanna at the end? Is the curse that the monks bestowed upon her a dream she relives over and over?
-She was being sealed in the sky. Having nightmares for 100 years. After that, the curse was weaken and her soul can descend down to the earth to find some "happiness" to breat the curse from her mother, but never found it until she birth as Misuzu and met Yukito.

2: Ryuu and Uraha make a child o_O, so is the child Yukito? But I thought Ryuu was Yukito XD but maybe I'm wrong..
-No. Yukito is one off uber grandson to Ryuya and Uraha. Summer arc's story happened at 994AD, that might make some sense to you.

Episode 10: What is up with the crow? I know hes Yukito, but how did he become a crow, and why exactly? How can the crow be Yukito when Sora (the crow) witnesses himself with Misuzu? If hes a crow, why is Yukito's human body still around? O_o Unless its all a dream that Misuzu keeps reliving and the crow witnesses it with her? Was the first story arc all a dream from the past as well?
-He is a crow so he can fly to the girl in the sky and help her. The first part was called "Dreams" is because they're those 3 girls' dreams.

Episode 11: 1: I understand why Haruko distanced herself from Misuzu, that much makes sense. But why did Misuzu suddenly forget about her? Is it because her dreams are nearing the end?
-The host of the girl in the sky will forget everything in the last part of her reincarnated life.

2: And at the end of 11 is it true that Haruko is really Misuzu's mother who was just pretending to be her aunt? O_o I was so confused. Because Haruko said, "I'm your mother." but maybe she meant it in a different way?
-No, she isn't. She's actually Misuzu's aunt.
She said she's Misuzu's mother because she loves Misuzu soooooooo much.

Episode 12: Who are those children at the end? Did Misuzu return to the sky? The curse still isnt lifted though has it?
-No one knows unless you're Maeda-san and he never said such thing about it, dammit. Stop thinking about it and live on.

Still waiting. Oh ancestors...
She's in the hospital now. I'm here only to... whine? er... dunno how to explain.

dear... my daughter...
Narumi
2005-08-06, 19:04
OK, I'll help for goodness ^_^.
Still waiting. Oh ancestors...
She's in the hospital now. I'm here only to... whine? er... dunno how to explain.

dear... my daughter...

You're just being a typical father, I think ;)

I hope everything turns out fine. Best wishes to you!
~*Angel*~
2005-08-07, 01:26
I'm not really sure whats going on, but I wish you best of luck as well. And thank-you for answering my questions, it makes better sense now. ^-^
~*Angel*~
2005-08-07, 01:40
Ok, thanks for clearing that up! I cant WAIT for the movie! :D Its a pity AIR is over now though :(
epileather
2005-09-03, 17:12
Thanks for the explaination.. clears out lots of things.

So, that means, to be fully released from the curse, Kanna needs to be fully reborn as a human, not partially splitted like Misuzu.. am I right?

The Crow part, I still can't get it too well. Why is Yukito still around when the crow is still around. How can he help mizusu by turning into a crow. He didn't leave any offsprings, what if he failed?
Midevilshadow
2005-09-03, 18:16
I think that his soul, and Misuzu's as well, is not limited by time, so techincally they can be reincarnated at any time, even before Yukito/Misuzu are born...

The chain used to be that Yukito's family line would try to help Kanna's reincarnations, but I've heard that Yukito is both the great,great...etc grandson of Ryuu AND his reincarnation, so the new chain is gonna be Yukito's/Ryuu's reincarnations instead.

This is what I think... so it's probably not true.

Tempestuousfury
2006-01-26, 06:45
Looking at post #4, how exactly does one access those links, per se?

celcius
2006-01-26, 06:54
Just do a search on google with the thread title in quotes and click on "cached". I have no idea how to access the later pages though. Here's some of them.

AIR Wallpaper Thread (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:UvTXmJHtZXAJ:forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D28389+%22air+wallpaper+thread %22+animesuki&hl=tl&gl=ph&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a)
I've been planning on reviving the wallpaper thread (and add some winamp skins as well :3), but I don't have webhosting so I can't post large wallpaper packs. And I also have nothihg new except for a wallpaper of Kanna and Uraha running towards Ryuya (or was it Uraha and Ryuya running towards Kanna) with a sunset backdrop. I'll try to contact milkmandan over at HF to see if he'll allow me to post the link to his hosted wallpaper pack

AIR Final Ep (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:lURpfjdQ4jcJ:forums.animesuki.com/printthread.php%3Ft%3D30605%26pp%3D40+%22AIR+final +ep%22+animesuki+page+7&hl=tl&gl=ph&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a)

Tempestuousfury
2006-01-26, 07:21
Sugoi, not exactly sure why the "caching"is necessary, but I suppose I could look it up later.

And, for the wallpaper thread, anyone know of a program that'd be good for saving all the links without clicking on each link? Thanks

*Edit* Argh! It hurts, looking at those pics and remembering the show *ack* >_< *death*

Thanks for the speedy response. ;)

celcius
2006-01-26, 07:32
Asuki lost alot of data when the Asuki database was the target of an attack (I forgot the details). Anyway, IIRC, Asuki lost close to one year's worth of threads and posts. So the only way to access them now is through googles cached data. Also, IIRC, most if not all the wallpapers on the thread were in milkmandan's wallpaper pack.

*Edit* Argh! It hurts, looking at those pics and remembering the show *ack* >_< *death*
Just sleep it for around a week to a month and you'll be fine again :) Although you'll probably remember Natsukage when you ever come accross a clear sky xD

MeggieMay
2006-01-29, 06:10
The cashe of the missing pages isn't going to stay there forever. So you might want to bring over the threads in question and restart them using a copy of the cached pages. Actually, doing this was encouraged in the other folders back when the crash happened but no one ever seem to get around to doing it here :(