PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of Chad's and Inoue's powers?

clampfan
2006-04-17, 12:56
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find an existing thread on it.

Question: Is there a full explanation yet in either the anime or manga of Chad's and Inoue's powers?

I'm an anime-only person and it seems like the issue was just glossed over. I mean, Ichigo's powers make sense (he's a shinigami + plus other stuff) and so do Ishida's (he's a Quincy...it's in his blood). Inoue has talking hairclips or something? Chad just magically forms this arm thing? Both of them are humans, right? I didn't think plain old humans had powers. I'm so confused by this.

Shay
2006-04-17, 13:01
Close contact with Ichigo? Maybe?

Grees
2006-04-17, 13:40
Both can see dead people, some are just more in touch of the netherworld. Some people are just like that, special, it's like seeing a talking corpse when no one else can see it, the talking corpse is there, but only they can see it.

Their reiatsu are overflowing, like a bucket where you have put too much mud in, it spill over, instead of it manifests itself into something silly as a sword, unconsciously they choose to be more original.

In this case hairclips come to life and black out armor arm, make perfect sense.

Actually it doesn't make sense at all, but who cares.

Thewanderer
2006-04-17, 13:59
(he's a shinigami + plus other stuff)
You basically said plus 2 times there, dude...

And yes, they got their powers because of contact with Ichigo. Which makes me pissed that Tatsuki didn't get any powers:mad: (plus, how did they get non-Shinigami powers from a Shinigami anyway?:twitch: )

Blizzer
2006-04-17, 14:00
no Im quite sure neither of them could see ghosts before, it seems cause Ichigo is special close contact with him has caused Inoue and Chad to develope their own type of power.
dunno why chad's is his arm and Inoue's is her hairclips but it seems they are relevant to the character- Chad uses his fists only to protect but not himself so it kind of makes sense why its his fists and Inoue's clips are special to her because it was a gift and she always wears them so it also kind of makes sense.

Thewanderer
2006-04-17, 14:11
no Im quite sure neither of them could see ghosts before, it seems cause Ichigo is special close contact with him has caused Inoue and Chad to develope their own type of power.
dunno why chad's is his arm and Inoue's is her hairclips but it seems they are relevant to the character- Chad uses his fists only to protect but not himself so it kind of makes sense why its his fists and Inoue's clips are special to her because it was a gift and she always wears them so it also kind of makes sense.
Oh why didn't Tatsuki make special contact w/Ichgo... they're much closer to each other! And his sisters should get powers too, unless they already do somehow...

BTW, IchgoxTatsuki forever!!!:D

Ziv
2006-04-17, 14:36
they explain it in the anime as being exposed to ichigo's overflowing reitsu for so long.

Blizzer
2006-04-17, 14:40
What happens to Tatsuki and Karin below

tatsuki and his sister are affected it tells you this in both the manga and the anime
Karin and Tatsuki start to see ghosts, and Karin has even seen Ichigo in Shinigami form not sure about the other one but I guess she might be affected too

Slayerx
2006-04-17, 15:33
well, how i read it is that they developed their powers through close contact with shinigami Ichigo, as well as strong ghosts and Hollows... while others have been in contact with Ichigo, contact with him while he's in his Shinigami form, as well as hollows and powerful ghost is much less frequent... at least no one has gotten the same level of exsposure that Chad and innou got

It seems like everyone is capable of have spiritual powers... all it requires is a high amount of spiritual power as well as an emotional/trained reason to manifest the power... If the reason is emotional then the power will manifest itself in a form most befitting to the person... for Chad, his armor reflects his brute strength, while for Innou it develops i the form of her hair pins, her most treasured items...

Also, when it comes to the quincy, other then above normal spitual energy, i think theres is nothing special about them... the only thing that seperates a human and a quincy is the training... in theory, you don't need to be born a quincy, just gotta be trained like one... Ishida used a trained method to manifest his power(instead of emotional), so he was able to choose the form, which for him is a bow and arrow, traditional for a quincy
This would also explain why the bow and arrow his father uses is a short bow instead of a long bow

Also makes me wonder about Don Kanonji's powers... he may have actually trained himself to be able to fire makes those little balls of energy... hey, it maybe weak, but it is another example of humans manifesting their power

So ya, i think anyone in the series can develop powers if they meet the needs to manifest it...

Tatsuki's energy seems to be growing gradually, since we know she is able to see ghosts, when she used to not be able to... if i had to guess, if given a desperate situation, her powers might end up manifesting themselves... i would guess that they would take the form of fighting gear...

Karin as well is developing a bit... i mean, for a human, she's gotten pretty good at taking on Hollows; those soccer ball kicks pack a punch... her powers too could manifest in the right situation; my guess in the form of a soccer ball or something...

voldy18
2006-04-17, 17:08
According to Uruhara: "The power you were both born with... By coming into contact with Kurosaki Ichigo, it was pulled out of the depths of your souls, your natural powers!!"

NoSanninWa
2006-04-18, 03:50
Actually, that took place in omake episodes at the back of the manga volumes. It is cannon.

physics223
2006-04-18, 06:05
Karin has a kick@ss soccer-ball as her weapon. Although this isn't as sprightly or versatile as Ichigo's it still is a weapon and it still kicks ass. :)

Sety
2006-04-18, 06:18
Also, when it comes to the quincy, other then above normal spitual energy, i think theres is nothing special about them... the only thing that seperates a human and a quincy is the training... in theory, you don't need to be born a quincy, just gotta be trained like one... Ishida used a trained method to manifest his power(instead of emotional), so he was able to choose the form, which for him is a bow and arrow, traditional for a quincy

I'd say they are special since Quincy powers are the opposite of any other beings powers. As I recall Hollows, Shinigami's all give off Reiatsu while Quincy's steal reiatsu which is why the Shinigami's wiped them out. The special properties of the Quincy seem significant enough to say something is different.

Novarain
2006-04-18, 06:28
I'd say they are special since Quincy powers are the opposite of any other beings powers. As I recall Hollows, Shinigami's all give off Reiatsu while Quincy's steal reiatsu which is why the Shinigami's wiped them out. The special properties of the Quincy seem significant enough to say something is different.

Eh i don't think that's correct...

Shinigami: Uses a soul slayer to send hollows and wandering souls back to soul society.

Quincy: Uses their bow and arrows to destroy hollows.

I think it's due to the destruction of hollows that the Shinigami wiped them out. Something to do with the souls not being returned to soul society and thus screwing up the balance of both worlds...

Zero Shinohara
2006-04-18, 08:01
Karin has a kick@ss soccer-ball as her weapon. Although this isn't as sprightly or versatile as Ichigo's it still is a weapon and it still kicks ass.

Well, a soccer ball has much more killing power than a hairpin, me thinks :heh:
Reminds me of a topic back there in the Lunar forums, where it went like "If you were a Bleach character, what would be your weapon?". Amazing ones like "Shovel" or "Paper clip" always made me laugh.

And personally, i don't like the way they explain their powers in the anime. It seems to fictional or too 'miraculous' to me. Maybe it goes further in the manga, but I'm not sure. I usually like things explained well, because when things just "happen" is not pleasing to me in any anime series. I know they explain that it's because of Ichigo's power, but come on. And also, I can understand Chad's power, but Inoue's are just a mistery to me. Come on, even if her brother DID give her those hairpins, did she ever, uncontiously at least, imagine those faeries being created and taking the form of her pins? It's kind of odd to me.

voldy18
2006-04-18, 08:20

The Quincy were wiped out because they were endangering the balance that exists between SS and the real world. A Zanpakuto does not destroy a Hollow. It cleanses the soul of their sins and sends them to SS, allowing them to be reborn in the future. A Quincy however can only destroy a Hollow, which means that the soul can never be reborn. Because of that the souls would only increase on the side of reality, which would mean that SS would spill over into reality. Therefore they decided to destroy the Quincy.

If I remember right, Ishida gathers spiritrons from the space around him and forms an arrow out of those with which he then shoots Hollows. Therefore he does not steal reiatsu.

rooboy
2006-04-18, 08:44
And also, I can understand Chad's power, but Inoue's are just a mistery to me. Come on, even if her brother DID give her those hairpins, did she ever, uncontiously at least, imagine those faeries being created and taking the form of her pins? It's kind of odd to me.
I dunno, they seem to perfectly fit Inoue's personality to me. I don't think they are necessarily created by the mind (conscious or subconscious) of the person, I believe they are a reflection of their personality. Thus Chad's glove/shield thing that he's vowed to only use to defend others. Inoue's powers are centered on her desire to not fight but to be useful, and the fairy/flower bit is just typical Inoue weird/cute-ness.

Blizzer
2006-04-18, 10:01
Reminds me of a topic back there in the Lunar forums, where it went like "If you were a Bleach character, what would be your weapon?". Amazing ones like "Shovel" or "Paper clip" always made me laugh.

And personally, i don't like the way they explain their powers in the anime. It seems to fictional or too 'miraculous' to me. Maybe it goes further in the manga, but I'm not sure. I usually like things explained well, because when things just "happen" is not pleasing to me in any anime series. I know they explain that it's because of Ichigo's power, but come on. And also, I can understand Chad's power, but Inoue's are just a mistery to me. Come on, even if her brother DID give her those hairpins, did she ever, uncontiously at least, imagine those faeries being created and taking the form of her pins? It's kind of odd to me.

too fictional?
so you want a scientific explanation of how they got their powers? :p
Like Ichigos body had a higher concentration of spirit power and since he had close contact with Chad and Inoue the spirit power diffused into them, going from a higher concentration to a lower concentration?

I don't think there is ever gonna be a detailed explanation tuff break ;)

physics223
2006-04-18, 14:08

They should just watch Rozen Maiden ... :D lol

Hey ... I like soccer-balls as weapons. Sensui (sp?) of Yu Yu Hakusho has a black one that he uses to beat up the guy with the ray gun ...

Thewanderer
2006-04-18, 15:36
Actually, that took place in omake episodes at the back of the manga volumes. It is cannon.
Does everything need to be in the manga to be canon?

...no. Anime=/=manga.

Strike101
2006-04-18, 15:51
Hmm both of Ichigo's sister should have high spiritual power cause of the fact that they all have same father = Isshin , and we all know who Isshin is..

voldy18
2006-04-18, 16:02
Does everything need to be in the manga to be canon?

Um... By definition only the original source is considered as canon. And, well, the manga is the original source whereas the anime is only an adaptation of it. So... yes, only what's in the manga should be viewed as canon.

Thewanderer
2006-04-18, 16:03
Hmm both of Ichigo's sister should have high spiritual power cause of the fact that they all have same father = Isshin , and we all know who Isshin is..
He's Ichigo's father... that don't mean anything.

voldy18
2006-04-18, 16:19

Just because the father has a certain trait doesn't mean that all his children will inherit said trait. Genetics doesn't work like that, you know. ;)

rooboy
2006-04-18, 16:32
Just because the father has a certain trait doesn't mean that all his children will inherit said trait. Genetics doesn't work like that, you know. ;)
While that's very true, I thought I would point out that it also doesn't mean they WON'T all inherit that trait. The only thing that can be said for sure is that if neither parent carries the trait (including the recessive trait) then they CAN'T inherit it. Plus, for all we know, reiatsu isn't even carried in the genes. It could be some kind of spiritual DNA and we have no idea at all how it's passed on. :)
So, really, the original statement carries as much value as any other made-up reason, since we've never had it explained exactly where the sister's power-ups are coming from (personally I believe they're just benefitting from the Ichigo effect, but that's my opinion).

eXistenZ
2006-04-19, 00:34
Chad and Inoue are like others have said in this thread, affected and influence by Ichigos overflowing spritual energy. Humans have spritual energy, this was shown in the manga and anime i believe, because ichigo could follow the threads of anyone.

As for Karin and Tatsuki, thats hard to know for sure unless a genetic test was done and they knew which gene to look for. I think that the same principal for this world applies to soul society, you are born into as a human. so you have dna, remeber rukia and others have grown up in soul society

I dont know and it doesnt mention that you need a gigai to walk on earth, as a solid being. I speculate tho that the gigai can be customized and probably include dna. basically a clone created tho soul society magic. This would allow for passing of genetic traits.

Ichigo was born with the potential to become a shingami, and so could have his sisters, or not, mebbe one of them or neither, and if neither they were also affected by Ichigos spritual power. In my opinion it is only those who are decended from people of SS that can become shinigami.

As for the manga versus anime canon, if i remember right, someone said that the creator has input into the storyline of the anime. hence nothing in the current filler arc is comprimising the future arc when it reenters the manga. no new strange powers or anything. There is a slight timing of characters, but it still could be smoothed into the manga storyline.

NoSanninWa
2006-04-19, 00:59
If I remember right, Ishida gathers spiritrons from the space around him and forms an arrow out of those with which he then shoots Hollows. Therefore he does not steal reiatsu.In the episode where the Menos Grande first appears, Ishida demonstrates that he can use Ichigo's reiatsu to enhance the power of his bow, so he definitely can absorb reiatsu. I believe that reiatsu is radiated spritons, so the two theories are not contradictory.

So, really, the original statement carries as much value as any other made-up reason, since we've never had it explained exactly where the sister's power-ups are coming from (personally I believe they're just benefitting from the Ichigo effect, but that's my opinion).I believe that Karin and Yuzu have their abilities for the same reason that Ichigo does: good genetics. If there is any basis at all for spiritual abilities being inherited, then it seems likely that they'd have at least a little power.

Zero Shinohara
2006-04-19, 10:35
too fictional?
so you want a scientific explanation of how they got their powers?
Like Ichigos body had a higher concentration of spirit power and since he had close contact with Chad and Inoue the spirit power diffused into them, going from a higher concentration to a lower concentration?

I don't think there is ever gonna be a detailed explanation tuff break

Well, I don't think you get my point there.

Why does Byakuya has powers? He's a Shinigami. Why does Ichigo has powers? He gets them from Rukia. Why do Chad and Inoue get powers? They're too close to Ichigo (?!).

There's something in that logic there that doesn't make much sense to me.

But I'm not saying it's something that would make me stop watching the anime. It's just my type to not like unfilled gaps.

I dunno, they seem to perfectly fit Inoue's personality to me. I don't think they are necessarily created by the mind (conscious or subconscious) of the person, I believe they are a reflection of their personality. Thus Chad's glove/shield thing that he's vowed to only use to defend others. Inoue's powers are centered on her desire to not fight but to be useful, and the fairy/flower bit is just typical Inoue weird/cute-ness.

Well, you do get a point there, saying that it's a bit based on their personality. It's just that I haven't seen Chad's glove talk yet :heh:. I can also think something like the Bountos' (is it really spelt like this?) dolls, and that makes me go easy on Inoue I guess :p

They should just watch Rozen Maiden ... lol

Hey ... I like soccer-balls as weapons. Sensui (sp?) of Yu Yu Hakusho has a black one that he uses to beat up the guy with the ray gun ...

Yeah, lol. Justice proves that this is called the Rozen Maiden effect :P

I think the attack is named Rei-Gun (like in Spiritual Gun), and his name is Yusuke. And Sensui rocks. But I digrass.

rooboy
2006-04-19, 11:31
Well, I don't think you get my point there.

Why does Byakuya has powers? He's a Shinigami. Why does Ichigo has powers? He gets them from Rukia. Why do Chad and Inoue get powers? They're too close to Ichigo (?!).

There's something in that logic there that doesn't make much sense to me.

But I'm not saying it's something that would make me stop watching the anime. It's just my type to not like unfilled gaps.There is a gap you're leaving out. Ichigo lost his powers from Rukia (when Byakuya severed them before taking her back to Soul Society). He then developed Shinigami powers on his own under Urahara's tutelage. I'm pretty sure that you're not born to being a Shinigami, it is a power that you're taught (this is supported by Aizen's statement that there's a limit to how far the teaching can take you). Chad and Inoue (and Don Kanonji) have simply trained themselves in a different way to use their spiritual powers (much like the first Shinigami and the first Quincy would also have done).Well, you do get a point there, saying that it's a bit based on their personality. It's just that I haven't seen Chad's glove talk yet :heh:. Well, but given Chad's personality, I wouldn't expect his power to talk. Chad barely talks himself. :heh:

rooboy
2006-04-19, 11:41
I believe that Karin and Yuzu have their abilities for the same reason that Ichigo does: good genetics. If there is any basis at all for spiritual abilities being inherited, then it seems likely that they'd have at least a little power.A very valid interpretation. But Ichigo's powers might not be inherited genetically. It's equally possible that Ichigo is actually the reincarnated soul of Shiba Kaien and that's where he inherited his powers from. Since we have little idea of how spiritual powers are transmitted, a lot of theories are equally valid at this point (including the genetics one). I'm not really trying to discount the genetic theory, I'm just offering an alternative one (and the supporting bits from the anime/manga). :)

Personally, I like a bit of ambiguity (as long as there're plenty of bits like this to back speculation one way or the other), but I know it drives some people crazy.

Ziv
2006-04-19, 16:43
It's explained that ichigo had dormant shinigami powers the entire time. That's how he was able to turn into a shinigami on his own when Urahara put him in the pit.

DarienW
2006-05-06, 15:52
Ichigo has shinigami powers of his own from the start because his dad's a shinigami... which makes me wonder if the 2 daughters wlil eventually become shinigami too

As for Chad's and Inoue's power... I think every soul has the potential to become a shinigami or a hollow. But for a normal soul to become shinigami, a lot of training is required... not so in the case of a soul becomes a hollow. My guess is that due to them being so close to Ichigo, they absorbed enough power to awaken their hollow power in the moment of distress.

This is supported by the newest manga chapter when Inoue was about to pass through a barrier that she said was similar to her's. And the vizard said he was only able to create the barrier AFTER he obtained hollow power.

Deathkillz
2006-05-06, 16:56
As for Chad's and Inoue's power... I think every soul has the potential to become a shinigami or a hollow. But for a normal soul to become shinigami, a lot of training is required... not so in the case of a soul becomes a hollow. My guess is that due to them being so close to Ichigo, they absorbed enough power to awaken their hollow power in the moment of distress.

ok you have just confused me...so you are saying that chad's and inoue's power is a type of hollow power? O.o ive always thought that they both had some kind of hidden power created by their emotions...and in contact with ichigo for some time the hidden power inside chad and inoue was released when they were very emotional for the first time (ie their high emotion acted as a trigger which triggered off their powers) while in contact with ichigo they only needed the first 'trigger' to release their power...just my 2 cents :p

Ziv
2006-05-06, 17:01
ok you have just confused me...so you are saying that chad's and inoue's power is a type of hollow power? O.o ive always thought that they both had some kind of hidden power created by their emotions...and in contact with ichigo for some time the hidden power inside chad and inoue was released when they were very emotional for the first time (ie their high emotion acted as a trigger which triggered off their powers) while in contact with ichigo they only needed the first 'trigger' to release their power...just my 2 cents :p
ya... I have trouble believing that Orihime's magical fairies are hollow powers. In fact, the kingfisher is the only hollow so far that has any unique powers at all.

Deathkillz
2006-05-06, 17:12
ya... I have trouble believing that Orihime's magical fairies are hollow powers.

lol 'magical fairies' sound soo comical i rather call them multi purpose tiny guardians...fairies sound too harmless...

DarienW
2006-05-06, 17:23
bah, I'm not just BSing with nothing to back me up. Go read chp 225 of the manga

Deathkillz
2006-05-06, 17:34
bah, I'm not just BSing with nothing to back me up. Go read chp 225 of the manga

not saying you were bsing...i just think that chad's and inoue's power isnt hollow (maybe im just in denial here) but if otherwise proved in the anime ill stick to my imagination...and whts the point of watching the anime if you know whts going to happen if you read the manga...i like to keep surprises surprising :p

Arti
2006-05-07, 12:22
not saying you were bsing...i just think that chad's and inoue's power isnt hollow (maybe im just in denial here) but if otherwise proved in the anime ill stick to my imagination...and whts the point of watching the anime if you know whts going to happen if you read the manga...i like to keep surprises surprising :p
because then he'll be surprised by the manga? :p

NaNash|
2006-05-08, 03:46
(Sorry that I didn't bother to read all your replies as it is too long.)

Here are something I gathered from reading the manga.

Chad's power might be hollow's power. And Isshin's family might be the one created to protect the "king" of SS (who Aizen wants to kill) and Ichigo might be the "king"(this one is pure speculation)

riznar
2006-05-15, 17:43
I'm going off of memory, so this probably won't be accurate, but:

I believe it was said Orihime's powers are space/time manipulation oriented, it was also said that only Hollows could cross the dimensions naturally. The Shinigami had to use their spells and rituals for it. Thus Orihime's powers could be of the hollow-type.

It's much easier to see Chad's arm as a hollow power, since it looks like a big demon arm.

Lastly, I totally want to see Karin, Yuzu, and Tsubaki as Vizards. :heh:

cheez rocks
2006-07-11, 18:15
too fictional?
so you want a scientific explanation of how they got their powers? :p

I don't think there is ever gonna be a detailed explanation tuff break ;)
yeah. I write, and sometimes you just want something to happen in the story, and you can't really think of a reason why it happens, so you just skip it and hope no one notices. The bleach guys were actually pretty good at explaining most things, give 'em a little credit...

fizzmaister
2006-07-12, 00:37
fairies sound too harmless...

Then you have never played d&d with my old DM *shudders*

back on topic.

They had those powers they just needed to be unlocked like Ichigo's shinigami powers. They were unlocked under the correct circumstances of being attacked by a hollow after being exposed to a strong source of reiatsu.

that's the best thing that I can think of