PDA

View Full Version : Hunter X Hunter (Where is it?)

Pages : [1] 2

FinFangFoom
2003-11-15, 18:03
Edit by Mod: There have been many requests (intentional or unintentional) asking when the next episode of a particular series is going to be released, or if the fansub group has stopped fansubbing the series. Since there isn't really an answer to such questions (and the fact it's very rude to pester fansub groups in this way), we request people not to make such inquiries.

If there are any posts making such requests, then they will be closed, deleted or simply merged into this generic "Where is it?" thread. Remember:
Fansubs are provided for free. Therefore the fansub groups owe you NOTHING. Which means you have no right to demand anything.

Fansub groups should be able to take as long as they feel necessary to release the next episode.

Fansubbing takes time. It's not an instant process. It's amazing it usually only takes a few days for some anime, but don't complain when it takes longer. Remember, fansubbers have a life too.

Before something can be fansubbed, it actually has to air first in Japan. So it's not very smart to ask why there aren't a whole lot more episodes yet.

Most important of all: Be Patient!Please read the forum rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=10&announcementid=2)...

Do not ask for when stuff will be released
Do not ask when episodes will be released. They'll be released once the fansub group is finished with them. All your whining will do is irritate fansub group staff and make them leave the scene. And that will mean even slower releases or none at all. So just have some PATIENCE. Threads which break this rule will be deleted.

Now we return to the original post...
---
I have a friend who is always talking about how Hunter X is just as good if not better than Naruto. I finaly caved and now I really want to see the series, the only problem is that I can't find it anywhere!! I looked on the Animesuki Licensed list and animenfo and according to them it is not licensed, but the only one I can find is the Greed Island OVA series. I know there are 64 episodes that come before that, does anyone know if they are availible for fansub and if so where can I find them?

The only other option is to borrow the DVD's from my friend, but their chinese bootlege's so I really don't want to watch those. I tried Kazaa Lite but it is really hard to get anything off there anymore and I suck at mIRC so that would be my last resort.

Thanks!!

Also, if you don't know anything that can help me, you can still just voice your opinions about this series. I would be curious to know if my friend is over hyping this series or not.

Videric
2003-11-15, 18:17
The Hunter X Hunter TV is not a new serie and therefore cannot be found on BT.
I recommend looking on Direct Connect ( DC ) or find someone with the Episodes on a FTP or something like that.

But i dont understand why you dont borrow the dvd's from your friend... I got HxH on Hong Kong bootlegs and imo there's nothing wrong with them.

monir
2003-11-15, 18:26
I was sure Hunter X Hunter was licensed...No your friend is not hyping over nothing...Surprisingly, there are many simialrities between the series (not gonna spoil the shock:D)...Some almost would argue (did argue in the old forum) Naruto is a rip off from H x H...Definitely a good series..

okashi
2003-11-15, 18:40
There was this site called appleshare that had all the HxH torrents. But the site is gone now, not sure if its gone for good or not though... I think the url was www.appletalk.no-ip.com.

a_nevels666
2003-11-15, 20:24
I'd suggest using IRC to get Hunter X Hunter.

NenMaster
2003-11-15, 21:54
also get the manga #manga-section @ mircx you will defently get this if u finish the anime. and yes this anime is better than naruto by alot :). i rate this anime No1 naruto is about 5 or 6 maybe lower

-*Mitsuki*-
2003-11-15, 22:20
really? i thought hxh was liscensed a long time ago~~

u can try searching on winmx~ i'm pretty sure u'll find some eps

IMO, hxh is A LOT better than naruto :p

Koshiba
2003-11-15, 23:15
I really love Hunter x Hunter and would *So* buy it if either the manga or anime was available here. Actually... WHY hasn't either the manga or anime been licensed yet? .. It seems like something that would be licensed. Oh well. Someone *needs* to license.. Either the manga or anime, as both are great. ^^

FinFangFoom
2003-11-16, 04:10
Thats cool, I guess I'll do some searching!

But i dont understand why you dont borrow the dvd's from your friend... I got HxH on Hong Kong bootlegs and imo there's nothing wrong with them.

I don't know what version you got, but the one my friend has is very poorly translated. I have a hard time enjoying a series if the translation is'nt at least descent.

SurfD
2003-11-16, 05:20
Few things to take note of:
The HK bootlegs REALLY SUCK. I stumbled across some of them on kazaa and practically had to tear my eyes out to erase the horror that was the incredably bad sub job that I saw. English as a third language didnt even come close to describing the horror.

There are only 62 eps before the first OVA set, so dont drive yourself insane trying to find the other 2 you thought there were :P

Greed Island is the Second OVA, both OVA sets are 8 eps total.

If at all possible, grab episodes subbed by either A-Kiss (the early episodes up to around 16) or AKU (for the episodes 17 and up)

And if you manage to find a good qality version of 12, by A-Kiss, where the sound actually works, let me know, because no codec i have ever thrown at the thing has ever been able to get the sound to play.

I also have pretty much every single episode, so if you are desperately in need of it, i could send you an ep or two, as my bandwidth allows.

Videric
2003-11-16, 07:17
There is really noting wrong with my dvd's :(
I only seen a few spelling mistakes... but noting major wrong imo. At least on the HxH dvd's... i wont speak about the one piece tho ;) *crocker bou**sunkist*

FinFangFoom
2003-11-16, 07:31
Few things to take note of:
There are only 62 eps before the first OVA set, so dont drive yourself insane trying to find the other 2 you thought there were :P

Greed Island is the Second OVA, both OVA sets are 8 eps total.

If at all possible, grab episodes subbed by either A-Kiss (the early episodes up to around 16) or AKU (for the episodes 17 and up)

Thank you, you saved me some more post in the future!

And Vederic - Maybe you got lucky... There could be more than one version of the bootlege out there.

ElvenPath
2003-11-16, 09:59
HxH cannot be compared to Naruto, both mangas are so different :dots:

If you can't find the tv series, read the manga, it's much better.

NenMaster
2003-11-16, 14:23
they can be compared, just that hxh has more charcter development than naruto and the story is ownage

Imazul
2003-11-16, 21:55
Im gonna send you appleshare link in private message because it contains liscenced anime

There the complete HxH serie on it!!!!! Some might be out of seed though so youre gonan have to beg for reshare.

HxH cannot be compared to Naruto, both mangas are so different

That was sarcasm right?

outlaw55
2003-11-17, 20:39
I would assume not, HxH and Naruto only have two things in common, the main character is 12 and the same voice actor does their voices....

cindialai
2003-11-18, 02:15
I watched all of the 64 tv eps and ova 1 and I have to say that it's one of the best series. HXH ova 2 was on animesuki but not anymore. It's better if you download the manga. It's basically the same.

Manga download site: http://www.toriyamaworld.com/manga.html

in 15 volume it's the same as 64 tv ep + both ovas

okashi
2003-11-18, 13:14
I found a site with all 64 eps of HxH TV on bittorrent but that site also lists many other licensed series... You think its ok to post link here?

monir
2003-11-18, 16:15
No..But the interested party can always PM you :D...

Videric
2003-11-18, 16:36
FinFangFoom .

Actually Lunar and one more group ( dont remeber ) released ep 1 of Hunter X Hunter today, Maybe they will do the whole series and i suppose they got better raws so they should be better than the old fansubs. Just a tips
You can find the bitorrent link here : www.anime.mircx.com

FinFangFoom
2003-11-18, 18:19
Yeah my computer was out of commission for the last 2 days, I just logged on to animesuki and saw that! That would be sweet if they end up listing the whole series over the next month or so (I saw one batch torrent of every episode on another site but it was like 8 gig and 1 seed with 70+ leechers :twitch: ) , I wonder if it's really new or if they did it before and are just putting it back into circulation since so many people havnt seen it yet. I can't wait for the download to finish!! :D

Imazul
2003-11-18, 19:07
Ok gonna state 1 thing

Sasuke is a complete ripoff of Kurapika

SurfD
2003-11-18, 23:24
Yeah, i spotted that entire series batch torrent as well. Seems they have the first 20 eps from A-Kiss (A-k) and the last 42 from AKF (I just dont know if it is by AKUFansubs, or another group).

That particular torrent is rather new I believe, so chances are you wont see any more seeds for a LONG time. Who ever the fool was who thought seeding a single 11gig file set was an intelligent thing to do needs to be hurt. Could have at least broken it up into groups of 10 files or something.

Koshiba
2003-11-19, 01:48
I just watched the new episode 1 release of Hunter x Hunter and thought it was done really well! If they continue to sub the series, I'll replace all my older files. :D

Ayanami9870
2003-11-19, 02:52
We will probably do it the entire way, folks. We've had no choice but to drop KaleidoStar, Komugi, and Da Capo, because Influx just lost every translator after 40 days of internal fighting. We're not breaking up, and doing Hunter x Hunter is now our new priority, thanks to the help from LunarAnime. Nobody really finished off hunter x hunter, so this is where we'll come in. It's time to put fansubbing to its full purpose.

hunterx
2003-11-19, 03:59
I stumbled on the hxh manga and it was really good (and a lot of volumes too, I like manga with lots of volumes). I haven't seen the tv series yet. There are a ton of similarities between hxh and naruto.. if you like naruto you will like hxh and vice versa

FinFangFoom
2003-11-19, 04:48
We will probably do it the entire way, folks.........It's time to put fansubbing to its full purpose.

I just can't stop smiling after reading that! :D :D:D

NinjaServ
2003-11-19, 13:06
Well, now that the mystery of what every happend to HxH is solved, next we can move onto what ever happend to robot jones.....WHERE ARE YOU BROTHER :sad:

Ayanami9870
2003-11-19, 15:32
You bent him. :)

Videric
2003-11-19, 16:12
That nice ;) whats the quality of the new ones from lunar and anime-influx (wrong?) ?
Well nice job doing HxH again cuz i guess alot of new animefans have missed that masterpiece ;) its really one hell of a show. In my opinion Naruto isnt even worth of challening HxX ^^

NinjaServ
2003-11-19, 16:22
Heh, go say that in the Naruto section and see how long you survive, LOL

Imazul
2003-11-19, 16:27
Nobody really finished off hunter x hunter, so this is where we'll come in.

Actually some groupe did (Af-K or something (im not sure) but some of theyre episode are LQ and really hard to find.

I never thought Id say this but after the HK bootleg and a burning of the whole serie im gonna re-dl it again and reburn it :p

What am sad about is when all the Naruto fan who dont know HxH is older than Naruto are gonan barge on Kurapika for obvious reason. Its gonna be my pleasure to shut them up though.

NinjaServ
2003-11-19, 16:33
There should be a HxH section so we can post spoilers about episode 62 and allow ppl to ruin the show for themselves, LOL

monir
2003-11-19, 16:41
Yes, I will be dling to see the fansub and the raw quality.. Question remains if the new group will finish all 62 eps..btw, favoritism is just a matter of personal likes and tastes..arguing all day not gonna make any show better or worse IMO..

dexter
2003-11-19, 18:17
I don't know about you guys but I somehow feel that Hunter X Hunter was cut short since the main character didn't find his dad !! :)

outlaw55
2003-11-19, 20:19
well gee dexter, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE OVAS!!!!!!!!! Plus USE SPOILER TAGS, there are SOME ppl that haven't seen it ya know.....

NenMaster
2003-11-19, 20:29
also read the manga, may help you alittle, the story hasnt finished :)

SnakeBite
2003-11-19, 21:17
That nice ;) whats the quality of the new ones from lunar and anime-influx (wrong?) ?
Well nice job doing HxH again cuz i guess alot of new animefans have missed that masterpiece ;) its really one hell of a show. In my opinion Naruto isnt even worth of challening HxX ^^

Ya no doubt. HxH is my favorite anime. Naruto doesn't even compare to it.

|Aion|
2003-11-19, 21:35
are anime-kissaten subs of HxH any good,i can get the first 31 off one of the bots pretty quickly,bascially just wanting some verification that there subs aint crappy

Gaara11
2003-11-19, 21:48
I love Naruto but I love HxH even more. The character development in HxH is far better and it doesn't feel like its dragged. The new OVAs though...it feels like it will never end.You're right about Sasuke being a rip-off of Kurapica. Well, Kishimoto-san is a big fan of Togashi-san so it might be a dedication thing. ;)

nostic
2003-11-19, 23:08
I've seen Greed Island, but recently, I've started downloading HxH episodes through Imesh.

There's episode 1 available thought BT, but I guess it would take awhile for them to update it. Imesh downloading is kindoff frustrating too. Some bastards just wont let you leech that easily. geesh.

Gon's age in this series is 10, right? and in Greed Island OVA he's 12?

-n

wnkryo
2003-11-20, 00:01
I also had the same problem as you FinFangFoom , but i fixed my problem by dling the whole series off of kazaalite.

outlaw55
2003-11-20, 02:51
are anime-kissaten subs of HxH any good,i can get the first 31 off one of the bots pretty quickly,bascially just wanting some verification that there subs aint crappy
Yes, their version is pretty good, altho they are VERY slow and the earlier eps are LQ in the video department. We plan to bring you all of HxH (unless it is licensed) at HQ and as quick as we can (without making sacrifices to quality in any way that is ;)) :)

Hope you all enjoy!!!

moose_and_squirrel
2003-11-20, 05:25
Hope you all enjoy!!!
and what was that supposed to mean? huh!? HUH!!??

FinFangFoom
2003-11-20, 05:59
I also had the same problem as you FinFangFoom , but i fixed my problem by dling the whole series off of kazaalite.

I tried getting it off Kazaalite about 3 months ago and it took me 3-4 days to get just the 1st episode, then I tried again a few days before making this thread and had no luck at all. For some reason Kazaa sucks for me. But Im real happy just to download the new group that just started the series. They did a great job on Hajime no Ippo DVD version and they seem to be way ahead in picture quality over the version I saw on kazaa and I liked the translation just fine.

Thanks anyways though!

|Aion|
2003-11-20, 06:51
Yes, their version is pretty good, altho they are VERY slow and the earlier eps are LQ in the video department. We plan to bring you all of HxH (unless it is licensed) at HQ and as quick as we can (without making sacrifices to quality in any way that is ;)) :)

Hope you all enjoy!!!

Sweet! In that case when yours come out ill download and replace

SnakeBite
2003-11-21, 04:13
I love Naruto but I love HxH even more. The character development in HxH is far better and it doesn't feel like its dragged. The new OVAs though...it feels like it will never end.You're right about Sasuke being a rip-off of Kurapica. Well, Kishimoto-san is a big fan of Togashi-san so it might be a dedication thing. ;)

GUess thats why I never really liked both Kurapica nor Sasuke lol ;)

Gon tho...gon's a pimp. So is Hisoka :)

hunterx
2003-11-21, 04:36
except kurapica isn't a gay avenger :)

SurfD
2003-11-22, 06:03
Not sure where you got the idea that the series hadnt been done completely.

I have all 62 eps. Plus both 8 Ep ova's. That is all there currently is of the series. Nearly all of the regular series eps i got through Kazaa, or an occasional lucky FServe on IRC, the OVAs i got off BT when they were still up on AnimeSuki.

I dont know who subbed eps 1-4 though the quality is passable (about the level of a good vhs recording), eps 5-16 by A-Kiss, which are a bit better video quality, and Eps 17-62 by Aku, which have pretty damn good quality, and nice subs. My only grief with my eps is that the sound on A-Kiss ep 12 wont work with anything i use on it, and about 4 of my Aku subs have corruptions in them which I attribute to kazaa and its evil lack of any kind of hash checks.

As to the series sort of trailing off, as one person commented, well, would you rather it go the way of DBZ, and ruin one of the best anime going by adding useless filler. The reason it has just suddenly stopped is because it has basicly caught up with the manga. The last ep of the Greed Island ova basicly coincided with the end of Volume 14 of the manga (chapter 139). Since then (and remember that GI was probably finished around the same time as chapter 139 was published) there has been roughly 16 more chapters published, which would basicly make enough new material for another 8 Episode ova set. Personally, I am glad they decided to just kill it for now and let the story develop as it is in the manga. It is better than getting a butchered anime that trys to tie up a great story that the author isnt even finished with yet.

And if you are desperate to get one or two eps, I could likely find it in my heart to FT them through Icq, IRC, MSN or your choice of FT app, as bandwidth and time allow.

a_nevels666
2003-11-23, 10:22
The reason it has just suddenly stopped is because it has basicly caught up with the manga. The last ep of the Greed Island ova basicly coincided with the end of Volume 14 of the manga (chapter 139). Since then (and remember that GI was probably finished around the same time as chapter 139 was published) there has been roughly 16 more chapters published, which would basicly make enough new material for another 8 Episode ova set. Personally, I am glad they decided to just kill it for now and let the story develop as it is in the manga. It is better than getting a butchered anime that trys to tie up a great story that the author isnt even finished with yet.

Actually the Hunter X Hunter manga already has over 200 chapters so there are already more than 60 chapters that are still unanimated.

Gaara
2003-11-23, 11:17
took this info from TW forum.

"OVA3 will be aired soon in Japan in 2004/02/18" there were a picture to. but it doesnt work anymore.

and if you havent notice, A-Flux&Lunar have started to release hxh from the beggining. and it's ofcorse HQ.

when i saw the show the first time from A-Kiss or AKU. some episodes were subbed really really wierd. sometimes they didnt translate some conversations..or they skipped 3-4 sentences.

but i bet A-Flux&Lunar will do a excellent job.

EDIT: Doh, forgot one thing. it's gonna be 14 new episodes.

SurfD
2003-11-23, 15:06
Actually the Hunter X Hunter manga already has over 200 chapters so there are already more than 60 chapters that are still unanimated.

Ahh, ok. See I was going by the fact that TW has only subbed up to chapter 156 (I think), and I was under the impression that they were fairly close to being current with the manga chapters (like inAne is with the Naruto manga).

Imazul
2003-11-23, 15:18
except kurapica isn't a gay avenger :)

Actually he is an avenger, dont know where you got the idea that a guy who wants to kill a group of criminels that destroyed his clan isnt an avenger..... (You have to read the manga to understand really wicked to I wont tell here...)

Ral
2003-11-23, 15:24
Actually he is an avenger, dont know where you got the idea that a guy who wants to kill a group of criminels that destroyed his clan isnt an avenger..... (You have to read the manga to understand really wicked to I wont tell here...)

I think he was talking to Snakebite who kind of compared Kurapica to Sasuke. For the gay avenger, read this. I think this is where he got it from.

http://www.dragonballu.com/e6/ep6snippet15.jpg

Gaara11
2003-11-23, 17:59
Kurapica is definitely an avenger. The same reason why he wanted to get his Hunter license in the first place. With the license, he'll have more resources to search for the people who killed his clan. :p

SurfD
2003-11-23, 20:15

heh, he wasnt saying that Kurapika isnt an avenger, he is saying Kurapika isnt a gay avenger.

Imazul
2003-11-23, 20:43
actually I think he is, I dont like Kurapika much, im a Gon and Killua fan ^^

Gaara11
2003-11-23, 21:03
actually I think he is, I dont like Kurapika much, im a Gon and Killua fan ^^

I'm a Gon and Killua fan also. But towards the Spider arc, Kurapica started getting cool. I mean, the way he uses that freakin' chain as his materialization, man, that shit was awesome.

hunterx
2003-11-23, 22:04
yes kurapika is cool, not in the beginning but when he learned the chain stuff. I don't like gon that much, he's too empty for me and I didn't like him when he refused to hear anything about his real mother. For a guy who would go as far as killing himself just to find his dad, it seems weird he doesn't want to know anything about his mom. Killua is awesome. infact his entire family is (except for that fat guy)

Koshiba
2003-11-24, 01:44
Killua has always been my fav character. I never was a big Kurapika fan.. but yeah, his chain was awesome. Killua is still the best in my opinion though. :P I liked him from the moment he showed up. He's just too cool. :D I need a Killua plushie. Lol. I have a Killua pin and a Killua poster.. ^^;

I wonder how long it's going to take for them to sub the rest of the series.. Hm.. Ah well. If it's HxH, I'll gladly wait. :p

a_nevels666
2003-11-24, 08:18
Ahh, ok. See I was going by the fact that TW has only subbed up to chapter 156 (I think), and I was under the impression that they were fairly close to being current with the manga chapters (like inAne is with the Naruto manga).

Yeah, I guessed that's what caused your mistake. I've been reading manga-section's version since they're already up to chapter 190 or something. Although I like the TW's version a little better.

edit: I really hope that story about a third OVA series is true. (even though I still have some doubts) I think they should at least finish up the Greed Island arc, there are some great fights in it at the end. (also Hisoka shows up again!)

|Aion|
2003-11-24, 18:40
OK i finally finsihed watching all of HxH and i have to say the ending was a dissapointment,although those last few eps wiht Kurpica kicking some ass were pretty cool.Please tell me that the 16 ova(8 unknown title, and 8 Greed Island) clear upsome of the stuff,Slight spoilers are welcome,but heavy spoilers are not.

NinjaServ
2003-11-24, 18:47
OK i finally finsihed watching all of HxH and i have to say the ending was a dissapointment,although those last few eps wiht Kurpica kicking some ass were pretty cool.Please tell me that the 16 ova(8 unknown title, and 8 Greed Island) clear upsome of the stuff,Slight spoilers are welcome,but heavy spoilers are not.
The end of the series is NOT the end of the story, the series continues via the OVAs

|Aion|
2003-11-24, 20:44
The end of the series is NOT the end of the story, the series continues via the OVAs

Well I know that,im asking if alot of the questions raised by the end of the TV series,are answered within the ovas

NenMaster
2003-11-24, 21:02
u will need to read the manga, the story isnt complete by a long shot

fav charater is hisoka, he owns, evil, strong, and ruthless when he wants to be, and he is very mysterios
i wouldnt mind seeing more from lerio was strong at the start and now he is the weakest :)

NinjaServ
2003-11-24, 23:00
heh, why do people always say "READ THE MANGA READ THE MANGA".....

some of use don't LIKE to read the manga and find the show to be more entertaining (yes, i KNOW the manga contains more info, i don't really give a crap about that...) they will make more into a OVA soon enough, no need to rush ;)

**PS, just state the story is not finished, it is a obvious that the manga has more in it :P**

Spyre
2003-11-25, 03:31
HxH is not licensed. The manga goes much farther than the Anime does.

The reason the anime stopped is beacuse the mangaka got sick and greatly slowed down his manga release schedule. So instead of making up material for the anime to continue (like they did for kenshin iirc) they instead respectfully decided to stop the anime series, later releasing OVA's for parts as they're written. There so far have been 2 OVA's, dealing with the York Shin auctions, and Greed Island.

Its not being subbed right now because there are no new OVA's that are coming out. Hope this clears some stuff up :)

a_nevels666
2003-11-25, 06:06
HxH is not licensed. The manga goes much farther than the Anime does.

The reason the anime stopped is beacuse the mangaka got sick and greatly slowed down his manga release schedule. So instead of making up material for the anime to continue (like they did for kenshin iirc) they instead respectfully decided to stop the anime series, later releasing OVA's for parts as they're written. There so far have been 2 OVA's, dealing with the York Shin auctions, and Greed Island.

Its not being subbed right now because there are no new OVA's that are coming out. Hope this clears some stuff up :)

Correct, the OVAs should just be seen as a continuation of the the TV episodes. What happens in the first OVA episode happens right after the last TV episode. The OVAs do answer some of the questions raised in the TV series, but start a new story arc as well. But in short, you can't say you've seen the 'end' of HxH when you haven't seen the OVAs yet.

NenMaster
2003-11-25, 11:45
i say read the manga because u will be waiting 6months+ for the ovas and if u can wait for them thats fine.
and if u dont want to see what happens thats fine as well.

hunterx
2003-11-25, 13:10
well he said the ending sucked, the series follows the manga so if you want to know the real ending read the manga. Besides, since the manga couldn't keep up they decided to end the tv series and do ovas instead, so find the ovas or wait for them if you don't like the manga

a_nevels666
2003-11-25, 19:46
Great news!

The 3rd Hunter x Hunter OVA has been confirmed
official japanese site:

http://www.hunter-ova.com

7 DVDs with (I think) 2 episodes per DVD so 14 episodes in total.

The first DVD will be out on 18-2-2004 and then about one DVD a month.

It's called "OVA HUNTER×HUNTER G・I Final" so I guess this OVA series will finish up the Greed Island story arc.

Which is great since the second OVA only had the setup for Greed Island and some training, not all the great stuff at the end (The Bombers/Laser etc...)

I can't wait.

LiQuid|J
2003-11-25, 19:48
wOOO! Exciting!

a_nevels666
2003-11-25, 19:50
well he said the ending sucked, the series follows the manga so if you want to know the real ending read the manga. Besides, since the manga couldn't keep up they decided to end the tv series and do ovas instead, so find the ovas or wait for them if you don't like the manga

The 3rd OVA has been confirmed, see my other thread about it.

SurfD
2003-11-25, 22:34
Sweeeeeeettttt

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2003-11-26, 00:12
Sweet indeed...indeed. Should be awesome, I mean, I cant stop reading the manga its so good :p

|Aion|
2003-11-26, 00:20
YAY!!! I just finsihed Greed Island recently,and i did not like they way it ended off at all,plus im kinda curious on how Biskey(think thats how you spell it) she molds killua and gon

SurfD
2003-11-26, 01:39
YAY!!! I just finsihed Greed Island recently,and i did not like they way it ended off at all,plus im kinda curious on how Biskey(think thats how you spell it) she molds killua and gon

Well, lets put it this way. If you thought those two kids were scary before she got her hands on them, when she is done with their basic training, they are litteral monsters in their own right :D

|Aion|
2003-11-26, 02:28
more badass then Kurpica in red-eye mode,he totally kicks ass when red eye is in effect

hunterx
2003-11-26, 03:44
can't wait to watch the bomber guy. some funny stuff right there

SnakeBite
2003-11-26, 05:40
omg, almost lost a load there :)

Gon is my favorite character, can't wait to see him in action :)

NenMaster
2003-11-26, 11:01
WOOHOO

heh, ownage, cant wait

Ayanami9870
2003-11-26, 17:41
People read the manga simply because it is faster, gets to the point, is smaller in size and has a bit more stuff. Of course, the fact that you're watching battles and ninjutsus in real time live action makes up for some of its lacking information, which is simply just a limit of the animation studio that can't afford to stuff everything from the manga into it.

Ayanami9870
2003-11-26, 17:48
FinFangFoom .

Actually Lunar and one more group ( dont remeber ) released ep 1 of Hunter X Hunter today, Maybe they will do the whole series and i suppose they got better raws so they should be better than the old fansubs. Just a tips
You can find the bitorrent link here : www.anime.mircx.com

Other group, huh.... :heh:

Two words, my man: Anime-Influx.

NenMaster
2003-11-26, 20:53
hxh ova 3 in feb, cant wait, been waiting too long for it

Vicious
2003-11-26, 22:51
COOL! CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!

PS. just remembered the last 4 episodes of Wolf's Rain are coming now in December. This is SO COOL!

El Diablo
2003-11-27, 18:24
This is great, although laser is actually Reiza (or something beginning with an R at least), and this will be made clear why at the end. While i've only seen the first ep of the series, and GI OVA, i've read all the manga, and i have to say that when the anime catches up again, i hope the animation becomes better than the manga's drawing.

whatever123
2003-11-27, 18:32
i was wondering did the greed island arc finish in the manga?????? coz ive been following toriyama world and it hasnt finished, yet i know that there r other groups translating it.

so will the ova cover the whole arc or part of it????

a_nevels666
2003-11-27, 19:51
This is great, although laser is actually Reiza (or something beginning with an R at least), and this will be made clear why at the end. While i've only seen the first ep of the series, and GI OVA, i've read all the manga, and i have to say that when the anime catches up again, i hope the animation becomes better than the manga's drawing.

It makes no difference since the japanese would spell both Reiza and Laser with an 'R' as the first letter.

And the animation will probably be like the animation in the regular Greed Island OVA. (i.e. very good)

i was wondering did the greed island arc finish in the manga?????? coz ive been following toriyama world and it hasnt finished, yet i know that there r other groups translating it.

so will the ova cover the whole arc or part of it????

The Greed Island story arc is finished in the manga. The current arc is about some kind of super insects. Toriyamaworld hasn't translated that far yet though, but manga-section has.

I think this OVA will finish up the Greed Island arc because it's called 'Greed Island - Final' and I think 14 OVA episodes could probably cover the rest of the GI arc. I checked and the GI arc runs up to manga chapter 185. The episodes would have to be fairly fast-paced with something like 3 manga chapter per OVA episode.

hunterx
2003-11-27, 20:23
TY is way behind in the manga, you'll have to find other sources to catch up.

Crimson
2003-11-27, 20:54
Yes its true, its true. HxH fans rejoice, OVA 3 is on its way. Its called Hunter X Hunter Greed Island Final. The first DVD will be released on February 18th, and vols 2-7 every month after.

There will be 7 DVD's with 2 eps on each one so the series will be 14 eps.

I love this series and i'm so glad to see another OVA being released ^^

LiQuid|J
2003-11-27, 22:30
I'm very excited too. Someone already made a thread for this in the general anime forum though, FYI. Can't wait for Feb.

whatever123
2003-11-28, 03:39
well i am to lazy to search for another group so i'll stick to TW

coolcharliecool
2003-11-28, 04:07
hi, if you know the appleshare link could you please PM it to me or email it to me at coolcharliecool@juno.com? thanks

Videric
2003-11-28, 05:17
Thats not "great news"...
Thats awesome news :p

xris
2003-11-28, 05:40
As mentioned, a thread of this nature already exists in a forum more appropriate for the topic (General Anime). As the third OVA hasn't been released it's a bit difficult to discuss the new series since it doesn't exist yet. So, closing this thread.

And what's the idea of making the same post in the DVD & Licensing forum? (I've deleted that thread BTW).

From the forum rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=10)
Do not cross post or post the same message more than once
If you want to post a message, do so in the forum that is best suited for it. Do not post it to existing threads which are not relevant to your message and post it only once.

NenMaster
2003-11-28, 12:29
gonna be the longest 3 months :) i have to stop my self from reading the manga, hehe

a_nevels666
2003-11-28, 21:30
gonna be the longest 3 months :) i have to stop my self from reading the manga, hehe

So, you haven't read that part yet, huh?
There's going to be a whole bunch of GREAT stuff in this OVA...

p.s.
Sorry if I'm making it harder for you not to read the manga...
(*evil grin*)

NenMaster
2003-11-29, 13:32
i read it im at chap 175, i stoped my self from reading them everytime they are released :)
i want to wait until chapter 200 before i read them (they will be read in 1 day lol)

ARNEL98
2003-11-29, 15:14
Great news!
The 3rd Hunter x Hunter OVA has been confirmed
Ah, finally!!! This is great news indeed!!!

KoDha
2003-12-15, 14:18
hello
i m still looking for HxH movies : 11 to end
are they available?
if yes where can i get them
thx all

ShuLi
2003-12-15, 15:46
Can some one pls tell me if there are more Hunter X Hunter Ova2 the green island eps. I sow 8 eps.

Keitaro
2003-12-15, 20:55
Whatever animesuki has listed thats all there is. http://animesuki.com/series.php try p2p file sharing programs they might have em.

Keitaro
2003-12-15, 21:03
thats all there is http://animenfo.com/animetitle,1171,gphyzi,hunter_x_hunter.html

bobofet
2003-12-15, 22:38
the third HxH OVA (end of the greed island saga) opens in japan around feb. and continues 1 EP a month, the last I heard.

Jin
2003-12-15, 23:22
There seem to be an outburst of HxH threads recently.

a_nevels666
2003-12-16, 07:45
There seem to be an outburst of HxH threads recently.

Well, that's obviously because the third OVA series has been announced.

It's understandable people are exited about more Hunter x Hunter, it a great series.

I can't wait...

NenMaster
2003-12-16, 12:41
its nto a great series its the best series heh

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2003-12-16, 16:11
Lol, there is no denying the fact its an awesome series, but I think people need to learn to use the search feature. A quick search would have found the third ova series and about it :p

KoDha
2003-12-18, 09:23
thx u
i got them all :)

Lancernemo
2003-12-19, 01:27
ok sorry this anime is some what old. Where in the world did it go. Why did it go away? Man I really liked this show and it stopped as the story picks up. BOO I SAY BOO INDEED.

Flash_Squirrel
2003-12-19, 01:32
And why you posted that in the General Chat forum?

"General Chat.
Forum for discussing of topics not related to either Anime & Manga or BitTorrent."

Lancernemo
2003-12-19, 01:38
And why you posted that in the General Chat forum?

"General Chat.
Forum for discussing of topics not related to either Anime & Manga or BitTorrent."

As you may have noticed due to my post count I am a new member here. So instead of being a jerk with your harsh sarcasm that is quite hurtful you could kindly point me in the right direction. But I guess your way would work also so you can diminish the numbers of the forum. Thereby taking away from the goal of the forum where people come to talk to one another. Thanks.

Oh yea sorry about posting in the wrong forum.

Lancernemo
2003-12-19, 01:40
ok sorry this anime is some what old. Where in the world did it go. Why did it go away? Man I really liked this show and it stopped as the story picks up. BOO I SAY BOO INDEED.

boneyjellyfish
2003-12-19, 01:42
...and then he cross-posted in the General Anime forum.

*golf clap*

Well done, Lancernemo! That'll show 'em who's boss!

Lancernemo
2003-12-19, 01:45
...and then he cross-posted in the General Anime forum.

*golf clap*

Well done, Lancernemo! That'll show 'em who's boss!

GOD IM FREAKING SORRY I AM SO FREAKING NEW TO THIS . Thats why I normally just stick to watching anime cause people on the internet are assholes cant just give you a simple hey man this is how its done,if you do something wrong. They have to get all anal on you ass. Yea I know I'm going pretty anal right now but christ on a cracker I just wanted a freaking answer.

Lord Raiden
2003-12-19, 01:45
hehe. Plus it's missing episode 3. Oh well, someone will pick it up. I know Hunter X Hunter was up there in its entirety at one time, then the group doing it went awol, so the torrents got taken down. Now someone else started it, so I say we be patient, let them finish the regular Hunter x Hunter, then maybe they'll tackle Greed Island. :)

boneyjellyfish
2003-12-19, 02:21
No need to get your panties in a bunch over this, we were just having a little good old fashioned hazing.

Anyway, I still don't really understand what your question is. According to animenfo.com, the Greed Island OVA is only eight episodes long. With the exception of the third episode, all episodes of Greed Island are listed on AnimeSuki (http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/103.html). Do you think you could go into a little bit more detail regarding your question?

Also, since you're new to the forum you may not have read the Forum Rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=6) yet. Please spend a little time getting to know them better. If you don't, things like this will continue to happen whether you like it or not.

Starlord
2003-12-21, 13:39
did someone know
if there are plans to continue that Series
i know Greed Island is closed with 8 but its an open End
and i cant await the following Episodes and watching those two kid growing :-)

Lord Raiden
2003-12-21, 14:06
There's no info yet on a continuation of the OVA. Sorry.

Kaizoku Luffy
2003-12-21, 14:30
There's no info yet on a continuation of the OVA. Sorry.

Uhm, there is.
This is taken from AnimeNewsNetwork.com:

A third Hunter X Hunter OVA series entitled "G I Final" (Greed Island Final) is set to be released starting on February 18th, 2004. Seven volumes of two episodes each will be released, with the final volume coming out in August.

Lanthis
2003-12-21, 23:21
Starlord, did you watch the first 70 episodes before Greed Island?

Also, I hope they don't plan to finish the series with this set of OVAs. The world is so huge, and there is so much to tell and explore, I would love a second TV season.

|Aion|
2003-12-21, 23:29
Lanthis i would agree with ya,although if they follow the current story of the manga with the big ass bugs,i dont think it would be as popular,although it is a little interesting i dont know if i could stand 20 episodes of it.

bobofet
2003-12-22, 15:27
the bugs arc is just his way of showing what a badass kaito is..that's it. Without kaito, the bug arc would suck, but since there is kaito, it's all good

sreaberac
2003-12-26, 01:33
the bugs arc is just his way of showing what a badass kaito is..that's it. Without kaito, the bug arc would suck, but since there is kaito, it's all good

<spoiler>

too bad kaito is dead...

but everyone ends up coming to the bug land NGL. So it looks interesting. Lots more training for Gon and Killua and we get to see what Netero can do. So bloody though. They kill main characters left and right. Only Gon and Killua seem to be safe from the massive slaughter in this arc...

Lord Raiden
2003-12-26, 08:45
Hey, if you guys want the entire OVA1 and 2 plus the entire Hunter X Hunter series, go to novasearch.net and punch in "hunter". You'll get about 4 pages of results. ON the 3rd page (unless it's moved) near the bottom is two links. One to a Hunter X Hunter OVA's 1 and 2 (3.5 gigs) and one to the complete HxH series (11.6 gigs). The OVA's are by AnimeKraze and AnimeOne respectively. The series files are by AnimeKraze and AKF (animekraze + someone else??)

Won't link the torrent files cause I don't want NoSanninWa gong DBZ on me. :D;) Mods, if this is a no go (aka not allowed) please feel free to nuke this. Arigatou.

NenMaster
2003-12-26, 09:41
fucking bitch use the real spoiler code

grr

Dwaryn
2003-12-26, 10:55
Hey, if you guys want the entire OVA1 and 2 plus the entire Hunter X Hunter series, go to novasearch.net and punch in "hunter". You'll get about 4 pages of results. ON the 3rd page (unless it's moved) near the bottom is two links. One to a Hunter X Hunter OVA's 1 and 2 (3.5 gigs) and one to the complete HxH series (11.6 gigs). The OVA's are by AnimeKraze and AnimeOne respectively. The series files are by AnimeKraze and AKF (animekraze + someone else??)

Won't link the torrent files cause I don't want NoSanninWa gong DBZ on me. :D;) Mods, if this is a no go (aka not allowed) please feel free to nuke this. Arigatou.

close, but no cigar, the ak(+u) tag doesn't stand for animekraze, it stands for AKU Fansubs they did the ova and the end bits of the tv series of hxh.
and the series are probably a combination of AKU Fansubs+Anime-Kissaten

eXeonical
2003-12-26, 13:36
<spoiler>
too bad kaito is dead...

Maybe not, atleast permanently.
In the manga the freak-cat-girl kills kaito and then says "Too bad he's dead, i wanna play some more..... SO THEN I JUST NEED TO REVIVE HIM." Or something along those lines. Also kaito was put to some sort of refrigerator. So i think kaito is not permanently dead.

bobofet
2003-12-27, 00:52
HxH has recently become somewhat of an enigma, by that I mean

first in the bomb arc, gon had a freaking arm torn off, then somehow was able to regenerate it??!! And now Kaito, who first had an arm cut off as well, gets killed. Who knows what could happen, he could be revived to life....I mean the series has somewhat degenerated into nonrealism....some shit just arent suppose to/can't happen like grow an arm back, even with nen...

a_nevels666
2003-12-27, 05:55
HxH has recently become somewhat of an enigma, by that I mean

first in the bomb arc, gon had a freaking arm torn off, then somehow was able to regenerate it??!! And now Kaito, who first had an arm cut off as well, gets killed. Who knows what could happen, he could be revived to life....I mean the series has somewhat degenerated into nonrealism....some shit just arent suppose to/can't happen like grow an arm back, even with nen...

A. The series was never realistic.

B. Face it, Nen is basically magic, so it can pretty much do anything the writer wants it to do.

Although I agree bringing people back to life takes the drama out of killing characters. If Kaito comes back I hope it's just as an evil zombie of some sort.

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2003-12-27, 19:41
Yea nen can do just about anything Yoshihiro Togashi wishes I suppose. And I for one cannot wait until the next ova, its going to kick major arse. Hrmmm Just as a lot of you, I would enjoy a 2nd TV Series as well because Yoshihiro Togashi left a lot of stuff that the characters could do. For example, in the Sky Arena saga, it talks about like the Battle Olympiea or something like that where all of the floor masters battle. Might be possible to go back and compete in that or something... and there are a few other things that I cant think of at the moment that the characters could potentially venture out and do...Who knows, only time will tell. I really don't think it will happen, although it's always nice to dream.

stingray
2004-01-02, 06:52
hmm...okay so there isn't anything following the "Greed Island" OAVs yet...was just about to ask. good thing i did a quick search. :)

i dunno what this bug & kaito crap is but i guess i'll find out.

a_nevels666
2004-01-02, 08:40
hmm...okay so there isn't anything following the "Greed Island" OAVs yet...was just about to ask. good thing i did a quick search. :)

i dunno what this bug & kaito crap is but i guess i'll find out.

First DVD of the 3rd OVA seires will out on 18-2-2004.

(T minus 48 days and counting...OK, add some days for it to fansubbed)

The bugs and Kaito are from the story arc after Greed Island and most likely won't be in the new OVA series.

d0d0lee
2004-01-02, 12:42
Does anyonr knows where i can get hxh ova espi 2 and 3?

Lord Raiden
2004-01-02, 14:55
novasearch.net

Use that search engine. It's got a torrent listed in its database for a batch file from A-K for OVA 1 and 2. I hope that's what you're after.

lomeando
2004-01-02, 17:48
novasearch.net

Use that search engine. It's got a torrent listed in its database for a batch file from A-K for OVA 1 and 2. I hope that's what you're after.

A-K has not yet gotten to the OVAs. These must be by someone else.

d0d0lee
2004-01-03, 10:47
novasearch.net

Thanks alot =) i do not know if its the one i wanted but i'm downloading it anyway.
But i still can't find ova 3... any idea if A-Faith did 2 n 3?? cause i only find espi 1, 4-8 but not 2 n 3....

Anyway, sidetrackking; i saw your photo on the other thread and think you're cute ; ]

Lord Raiden
2004-01-03, 14:15
I don't think OVA 3 is out yet. If memory serves me correctly, OVA 3 is due sometime in February.

a_nevels666
2004-01-03, 16:49
I don't think OVA 3 is out yet. If memory serves me correctly, OVA 3 is due sometime in February.

He meant episode 3 of the older OVA series. Not the 3rd OVA series.

Lord Raiden
2004-01-03, 18:47
Oh. Opps. -_-;;

a_nevels666
2004-01-03, 19:24
Oh. Opps. -_-;;

That's OK. ;)

P.s.
45 days until first DVD release of HxH OVA3.

d0d0lee
2004-01-04, 06:34
He meant episode 3 of the older OVA series. Not the 3rd OVA series.

She meant espi 3 ... Anyway, you're right, thanks... just realise the ova 2 i'm downloading now consist of all the 8 espisodes so thank you as well lord raiden =)

45 days to release of ova 3??? You mean the original in japan or the fansub??? Wish i know ni hon go well.... Learning now but i think i've years and years to go =P ....

a_nevels666
2004-01-04, 06:41
She meant espi 3 ... Anyway, you're right, thanks... just realise the ova 2 i'm downloading now consist of all the 8 espisodes so thank you as well lord raiden =)

45 days to release of ova 3??? You mean the original in japan or the fansub??? Wish i know ni hon go well.... Learning now but i think i've years and years to go =P ....

I meant the release of the japanese DVD, however because Hunter x Hunters is very popular, it will most likely be available fansubbed in less than a week or so.

d0d0lee
2004-01-04, 06:51
I meant the release of the japanese DVD, however because Hunter x Hunters is very popular, it will most likely be available fansubbed in less than a week or so.

So that's about 45+7=52 days more??? .... Hahaahaa... you don hav to answer cause i know you can't confirm... but will look forward to it so thanks for the info... anyway, due to school starting i won be able to watch often (sigh) so i can wait : )

|Aion|
2004-01-04, 23:35
Yea nen can do just about anything Yoshihiro Togashi wishes I suppose. And I for one cannot wait until the next ova, its going to kick major arse. Hrmmm Just as a lot of you, I would enjoy a 2nd TV Series as well because Yoshihiro Togashi left a lot of stuff that the characters could do. For example, in the Sky Arena saga, it talks about like the Battle Olympiea or something like that where all of the floor masters battle. Might be possible to go back and compete in that or something... and there are a few other things that I cant think of at the moment that the characters could potentially venture out and do...Who knows, only time will tell. I really don't think it will happen, although it's always nice to dream.
I totally forgot about the whole sky arena arc,yea that would kick ass if they contnued that,maybe it will be after the bug arc (crosses fingers).And with how killua and gon are way powered up,from when they were last there,they would deffinetaly dominate,and a possible rematch of hisoka and gon

a_nevels666
2004-01-05, 08:41
I totally forgot about the whole sky arena arc,yea that would kick ass if they contnued that,maybe it will be after the bug arc (crosses fingers).And with how killua and gon are way powered up,from when they were last there,they would deffinetaly dominate,and a possible rematch of hisoka and gon

I think the author is trying to avoid the tournament setting a bit, to avoid the show being too much like his previous manga Yu Yu Hakusho.

I could see the Sky Arena coming back in the story, seeing how in the bug arc a lot of old characters are back as well. (Netero, Kaito etc..)

Though I'd rather see an arc where Killua has to deal with his family again.

LipidSama
2004-01-06, 01:26
Hey next month GI: Final is gonna be comming out. Do you guys know where I might be able to pick it up at? IRC, Bittorent, etc I dont really care, I just Wanna get it.

a_nevels666
2004-01-06, 04:02
Hey next month GI: Final is gonna be comming out. Do you guys know where I might be able to pick it up at? IRC, Bittorent, etc I dont really care, I just Wanna get it.

First of all: no one knows the answer to your question, unless they're psychic.

But because Hunter x Hunter is very popular, it's almost certain to be subbed very fast. And 99.9 % likely it will then be on this very site. And on the IRC channel of the group(s) who subbed it.

LipidSama
2004-01-06, 20:51
*Claps his hands* hahah
ok now that you repated my question, can you answer it, by saying what groups on IRC might be doing it?

a_nevels666
2004-01-07, 08:07
*Claps his hands* hahah
ok now that you repated my question, can you answer it, by saying what groups on IRC might be doing it?

How did I 'repate' your question?

As far as I know no groups have announced that they're doing it yet, so there is no real answer to your question.

However, because HxH is so popular, there will likely be a number of fansub groups doing it.

It will be certainly be listed on this site once it's available on bittorrent. And even if it isn't available for download here people wil post about in the forum when it's out.

nappy
2004-01-12, 11:57
Hi sorry abt this but does anyone have any idea where to find hunter x hunter episodes after ep 20? I tried novasearch but they don't have it anymore I think and Kazaa is unstable and very slow...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

a_nevels666
2004-01-12, 14:14
Hi sorry abt this but does anyone have any idea where to find hunter x hunter episodes after ep 20? I tried novasearch but they don't have it anymore I think and Kazaa is unstable and very slow...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Don't know if they're available on bittorrent.
You can get them in many IRC channels though.
Make sure you get the Aku-fansub versions, and not the Hong Kong DVD rips that are floating around, those suck.

P.s.
37 days left until the 3rd Hunter x Hunter OVA series.

nappy
2004-01-13, 01:36
Thank you!! Me managed to find some with anime-kisssaten's channel but I am pretty new to irc so do you know any other channels where I can find then? think they only have till ep 31 at the moment...thanks!!

a_nevels666
2004-01-13, 04:03
Thank you!! Me managed to find some with anime-kisssaten's channel but I am pretty new to irc so do you know any other channels where I can find then? think they only have till ep 31 at the moment...thanks!!

I usually browse through some of the larger IRC channels like #animeone and #anbudom and such. If it's a large channel with lots of F-servs there's usually someone there with Hunter x Hunter. Just make sure to read the rules in each channel first so you don't get banned.

Good luck and have fun!

P.s.
36 days left until the 3rd Hunter x Hunter OVA series.

paithan
2004-01-13, 04:58
If anyone is interested, I believe I've found the complete Hunter X Hunter anime (tv-series + both oavs). They are subbed by AKUFansubs, and can be found at www.nexgear.com. (The bittorrent tracker can be found in their forum and I think you have to be logged in: http://www.nexgear.com/index.php?showtopic=896&hl=bittorrent&st=0 )

Give it a try
(I've downloaded ep 1 to 55 myself during the last week, HxH rocks!)

/Paithan

Joe Dalton
2004-01-13, 06:44
anime kissaten and appleshare ahve them. appleshare has ALL of the show and anime kissaten is currently subbing them.
I recomend first going to anime kissaten go to scarywater and click the link a-k or just go straight to the anime kissaten site they have more users and have eps ready till 20 after that if your impatient go to appleshare its slower but they have every ep subbed already
http://a.scarywater.net/a-k/

http://www.anime-kissaten.org/

have fun

I dont have a direct link to appleshare atm hold on a bit ill go get it when i log onto linux again

EDIT: here you go http://appleshare.no-ip.com/bt_hxh.php be warned though the site isnt always up I dont know why but form time to time its up and form time to time its not

lomeando
2004-01-13, 06:46
Anime-Kissaten is still subbing HxH, and we will continue all the way through the end. We were the first to start this project, before it was "popular", and we will not abandon it. The primary reason we are going so slowly is the lack of a dedicated translator. All of our raws are R2 DVDs, even for the early episodes, however encoding technology has improved somewhat since we started.

To SurfD, I am not aware of any sound problems with episode 12. It uses MP3 audio just like all of our other releases. I would suggest that your file is most likely damaged.

All of our releases are available, as always, from #anime-kissaten on EFnet. In the past few weeks, we have provided torrents for the earlier episodes, and this will continue in the next few weeks until all of our episodes are up. If you can't wait, you are encouraged to get the releases off IRC and seed the torrents when they do go up.

Beyond The Grave
2004-01-13, 07:44
I was watching Hunter x hunter episode 62 as it ended. This new ending movie was played. The same song, but different. As it was going to END! What was this, is this really the end of hunter x hunter.

I have seen Greed island to. But it ended like that too. In the middle of the adventure. Animesuki says that greed island has 8 episodes. Hunter x hunter has 62. What is this. Is this really the end?

Ookla The Mok
2004-01-13, 09:41
I was watching Hunter x hunter episode 62 as it ended. This new ending movie was played. The same song, but different. As it was going to END! What was this, is this really the end of hunter x hunter.

I have seen Greed island to. But it ended like that too. In the middle of the adventure. Animesuki says that greed island has 8 episodes. Hunter x hunter has 62. What is this. Is this really the end?

Did you watch the HxH OVAs that come after the series and before the first Greed Island OVAs?

There is also a third batch of OVAs called Greed Island Final coming out in Japan in the next few months that will finish off the Greed Island saga. The manga is still running in Weekly Jump in Japan (albeit with ghastly art), but there's no idea on whether or not the part after Greed Island will ever be made into an anime.

naantje
2004-01-13, 12:05
the manga is like 135435 OVAs away

joepk
2004-01-13, 18:58
just finished the 1-20 episodes of hxh that is out in animesuki. i tried searching for the other 40+ episodes but no luck. anyone know where i can get those?

Joe Dalton
2004-01-13, 19:05
appleshare i posted a link for the other guy just a few threads ago.... you could at least scroll down the page to see if anything is already there......

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2004-01-13, 19:31
just finished the 1-20 episodes of hxh that is out in animesuki. i tried searching for the other 40+ episodes but no luck. anyone know where i can get those?
http://www.streamload.com/OFFSPRiNGCo16/forum1.jpg
Enough said.

Joe Dalton
2004-01-13, 19:37
offspring you realise that by spending time to make something like that hosting it and posting it just to diss someone that already got the point you commited what I like to call self ownage right?
J/K

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2004-01-13, 19:38
Yes I know, But as you can see (can you anyhow? Is the image working for you?) I didnt spend much time making it, and I am getting kind of annoyed at people posting before using the search feature, its annoying. But anyhow, it's all good :p

Joe Dalton
2004-01-13, 19:42
wow you didnt spent much time making that work of art?
COULD HAVE FOOLED ME!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol in the words of someone a long long long..... some time ago...... But anyhow, it's all good
*grins*

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2004-01-13, 20:13
Did you watch the first ova series? In other words, the greed island ova's could be considered episodes 71-78 while the first ova series which is also 8 eps could be considered episodes 63-70.

The dreamer
2004-01-13, 21:28
the end of greed island arrive in oav soon ...
after the chap 180 (in manga) it's a new story, still in drawing...
http://www.geocities.com/moustachio_gs/manga.htm
http://xplo.free.fr/hxh/
http://www.brainfart.org/hxh/

nappy
2004-01-13, 22:24
Aligato!!! Thank you thank you!

a_nevels666
2004-01-14, 04:47
the manga is like 135435 OVAs away

The manga is only about 2 OVA series away.

The upcoming 3rd OVA series will finish up the Greed Island story arc.

The manga story arc about the bugs after Greed Island is still going on.

Sai
2004-01-16, 12:19
I wish they would come out with more hunter X hunter episodes! I'm in the middle of the series and now I have to use kazza to download the rest of the episodes because no new batches have been subbed here!

complich8
2004-01-16, 12:48
I wish they would come out with more hunter X hunter episodes! I'm in the middle of the series and now I have to use kazza to download the rest of the episodes because no new batches have been subbed here!

if by "in the middle of the series" you mean in the middle of the regular tv series, you will have trouble finding torrents for it, I think. A lot of those episodes were originally subbed long before bittorrent ever existed. I remember back 2 years ago, getting hookups from a buddy in e-f distro who happened to have them all, in crappy hksub quality.

If you mean "I just finished watching OVA1 and the Greed Island OVA and there seems like there should still be more" -- don't worry, there will be. Greed Island 2 will start airing in February, I believe .... I know several groups (including mine) will be picking it up.

Looks like a-flux and lunar are doing dvd-sourced releases.... which is a good thing. anime-kissaten also has some torrents up, and if I remember right their releases were pretty solid -- but they don't have the whole series posted or anything...

I think that series definitely hasn't gotten the attention it deserves though. I would really like to see it get licensed, just so I'd know that one day we'd see dvds of it -- but I doubt anyone'll license it before it finishes its OVA cycle and wraps up its plotline.

Sai
2004-01-16, 15:10
if by "in the middle of the series" you mean in the middle of the regular tv series, you will have trouble finding torrents for it, I think. A lot of those episodes were originally subbed long before bittorrent ever existed. I remember back 2 years ago, getting hookups from a buddy in e-f distro who happened to have them all, in crappy hksub quality.

If you mean "I just finished watching OVA1 and the Greed Island OVA and there seems like there should still be more" -- don't worry, there will be. Greed Island 2 will start airing in February, I believe .... I know several groups (including mine) will be picking it up.

Looks like a-flux and lunar are doing dvd-sourced releases.... which is a good thing. anime-kissaten also has some torrents up, and if I remember right their releases were pretty solid -- but they don't have the whole series posted or anything...

I think that series definitely hasn't gotten the attention it deserves though. I would really like to see it get licensed, just so I'd know that one day we'd see dvds of it -- but I doubt anyone'll license it before it finishes its OVA cycle and wraps up its plotline.

Well I'm on episode 26 right now, anime kissiaten only has up to episode 20 on here so i used Kazaa for the rest, i was kinda requesting that they put up the rest because i know there's 62 episodes

complich8
2004-01-16, 15:56
Well I'm on episode 26 right now, anime kissiaten only has up to episode 20 on here so i used Kazaa for the rest, i was kinda requesting that they put up the rest because i know there's 62 episodes

yaa. good luck with that =D. Might check out their irc channel, see if anyone's got it there?

wedge
2004-01-16, 17:51
actually A-K is rippin those eps from the DVDs so they will come in batches of 5, i think every 2 weeks

lomeando
2004-01-16, 18:43
actually A-K is rippin those eps from the DVDs so they will come in batches of 5, i think every 2 weeks

Uh, not exactly. We're ripping them from R2 DVDs. You know, from Japan. In Japanese. Without the English subtitles. That's why it's called fansubbing.

Batches of 5 will continue periodically until we reach episode 31, the last one we have released. Most of these episodes have been available via IRC for some time. Episodes 21-31 are available via #anime-kissaten@EFnet right now. More will be available when they are finished.

Super Panda
2004-01-17, 01:09

Woo! I've been waiting for more Greed Island. Do you know if there's any official source talking about Greed Island 2? Even an unofficial site would be cool to know.

complich8
2004-01-17, 03:03
Woo! I've been waiting for more Greed Island. Do you know if there's any official source talking about Greed Island 2? Even an unofficial site would be cool to know.

if I remember right, www.hunter-ova.com (http://www.hunter-ova.com) is the official site. If you click on "ova" and then find the "dvd release schedule" there, you'll see releases for the dvd's starting 3/3 and going from there... It's named "G-I Final".

good stuff. I'm looking forward to it =D

a_nevels666
2004-01-17, 05:42
if I remember right, www.hunter-ova.com (http://www.hunter-ova.com) is the official site. If you click on "ova" and then find the "dvd release schedule" there, you'll see releases for the dvd's starting 3/3 and going from there... It's named "G-I Final".

Argh! I just checked the site (again) and you're right, the release of the first Hunter x Hunter has been delayed until March 3rd. 2 extra weeks of waiting...

Oh well, at least the remaining release schedual is unchanged (the HxH site says so specifically) and the first and second DVD will come out pretty quickly after each other. (3/3 and 17/3)

zstryder
2004-01-17, 06:13
Nooo!!

Looks like the tracker for the complete OVA1+2 on novasearch went down. No luck getting the OVAs here... :( IRC is a hellhole for finding older stuff like HxH. Waiting in queues, then getting sends disconnected all the time, yuck. Any other recommended sources?

a_nevels666
2004-01-17, 08:16
Nooo!!

Looks like the tracker for the complete OVA1+2 on novasearch went down. No luck getting the OVAs here... :( IRC is a hellhole for finding older stuff like HxH. Waiting in queues, then getting sends disconnected all the time, yuck. Any other recommended sources?

IRC is the best place for getting older anime like HxH. Period.

I almost NEVER get disconnected, and I hardly ever have to wait in queues either. It's all knowing where to look. Pretty much all of the larger anime IRC channels have people serving HxH. The OVAs are especially easy to find. Just go the channels of the people that fansubbed them, I can assure there will be several people in those channels serving them.

You could try www.sharereactor.com (you need E-donkey or Overnet) But your best bet is looking on IRC.

P.s.
The first DVD of Greed Island Final has been delayed until 3/3. Urgh. Second DVD release still on 17/3. So 46 days and counting....

d0d0lee
2004-01-17, 10:28
Oh well, at least the remaining release schedual is unchanged (the HxH site says so specifically) and the first and second DVD will come out pretty quickly after each other. (3/3 and 17/3)

Sugoi!! I really dig this series! People who are subbers i love u all!!! I watch the fan subs cause i can't wait for the vcds to be released in my country but i'll still buy the originals when they come ...

Anyway, super panda, i love your avatar.

Super Panda
2004-01-17, 12:12

Thanks a lot, complich. I've been trying to find out about more HxH for a long time, finally I know for sure. I don't mind waiting until March as opposed to waiting in limbo not knowing when or if more will even come out.

And thanks a_nevels, yours isn't bad either. :)

TheAasi
2004-01-17, 13:42
i cant seem to find anymore eps for hxh, is there eanyplace where i can download them? ;o

xris
2004-01-17, 14:57
This forum (Fansubs) is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs. It's not meant to be a place where you ask for somewhere to find downloads.

If there are no torrents for those episodes, use Kazaa, DC, IRC, etc. etc. if you want to find them.

Oigen
2004-01-20, 19:43
please can somebody tell me where to find hunter x hunter episodes 56 to 62

[VTi]
2004-01-23, 16:13
just gonna bump this old thread cause of frustration...

Just watched the 62eps + the 8 first ovas..

Must say that after watching episode 62, + some of the fights between Kurapca and the big guy of the spider, kiluas father and granpa I was ready for some major face off between Gon + Kilua vs someone....

But instead I watch another 8 episodes of mostly talking and running. The faceoff between Hisoka and the leader was also blown off...

still its a good series, but yet a bit dissapointed :D

now off to watch greed island!

a_nevels666
2004-01-23, 18:52
']just gonna bump this old thread cause of frustration...

Just watched the 62eps + the 8 first ovas..

Must say that after watching episode 62, + some of the fights between Kurapca and the big guy of the spider, kiluas father and granpa I was ready for some major face off between Gon + Kilua vs someone....

But instead I watch another 8 episodes of mostly talking and running. The faceoff between Hisoka and the leader was also blown off...

still its a good series, but yet a bit dissapointed :D

now off to watch greed island!

Well,

it sounds like you'll be disappointed with Greed Island as well, because there's no real big face off in that either.

I think the author is trying to not go down the road he went down with Yu Yu Hakusho, by having the fights be more cerebral or avoided entirely, to avoid having the main character become too powerful too soon or having to pull the 'the next villain is 10x stonger' routine.

But don't worry, there will be at least 2 major fights in the upcoming 3rd OVA series. (vs Reiza and vs the bombers)

Phaint
2004-01-23, 22:46
Well,

it sounds like you'll be disappointed with Greed Island as well, because there's no real big face off in that either.

I think the author is trying to not go down the road he went down with Yu Yu Hakusho, by having the fights be more cerebral or avoided entirely, to avoid having the main character become too powerful too soon or having to pull the 'the next villain is 10x stonger' routine.

But don't worry, there will be at least 2 major fights in the upcoming 3rd OVA series. (vs Reiza and vs the bombers)

Whats the next arc after GI? That Bug one? I thought they were just going to keep busting out with OVAs for every arc. The OVAs are basically new episodes. They just take longer to come out. As long as they come out and follow the manga I'll be happy.

a_nevels666
2004-01-24, 08:16
Whats the next arc after GI? That Bug one? I thought they were just going to keep busting out with OVAs for every arc. The OVAs are basically new episodes. They just take longer to come out. As long as they come out and follow the manga I'll be happy.

The 3rd OVA series will cover the second half of Greed Island and finish up that arc.

The arc that comes after Greed Island in the manga is the bug story arc.

And yes, they're planning to make more OVAs. (That doesn't mean they'll be made for sure, though.)

Samuelsiesjo
2004-01-24, 11:10
Hunter X Huner can be found at http://appleshare.no-ip.com bittorrent style

Joe Dalton
2004-01-24, 14:46
roflmao..... no shit? look 2 posts above you :)

mightyme
2004-01-25, 06:49
well you can get the manga from 199-206 here

as well as links to other sites that cary the manga's earlier chapters...

best bet forearly stuff is Toriyama's world.. which takes you to like 160 or something....

as for why people alls ay "read the manga, read the manga"

well besides the fact it's further along.... and specifically in the case of hxh there is soem censorship in the anime not present in the manga

for instance... in the hunter's exam arc.... when Hisoka killed that guy that took Gon's badge, and came back to gon, in the anime he is wearing the guys hat, in the manga he is carying the guys severed head.....

many other moments like this.. includign soem dark moments for killua that involve him killing some jerks, because he is excited.... now they were jerks, but they were not threatening killua, or anything, he killed them ruthlessly because he was excited.... they touch on it barely in the anime, but in such an ambiguous way that the guy (it's only 1 in the anime, 2 in the manga) could be seen as being knocked out...

I wont mention other stuff directly... I feel that what I mentioned was early in, and anyone reading this thread should have seen up to these points (which plot wise aren't very important, but characetr wise, they are very)

I haven't seen the oavs yet so I am not sure if the horror elements of the series are better retained then they were in the tv series or not... but I am hoping they are, as that cold hearted horror element was a big part fo what I liked about hunter x hunter... and there are some moments in future arcs that should definatly be left in, that might otherwise be cut out... (a brother and sister, in the most recent arc for instance, I wont give it away)

the anime is good, but ti holds back

as for hutner x hunter vs naruto...

well they are VERY VERY VERY similar, those who say they are not must be on crack... hell the 2 exams from each series respectively alone are estremely close, they don't follow the same plot points, and the characters are different (for the most part), but the style of show (comming of age action) is exact on....

I like them both, abotu equaly.. here is the thing....

right now Naruto is dragging hard core in the manga, it's so slow it's ridiculous, and is on a rather uninteresting story arc....

arc for arc

Naruto's Haku/zabuza arc Vs. Hunter X Hunter's hunter exam arc:
I think they are close, but HxH probably wins out, because of the vast amount of cool characters introduced... yet the nauto arc is great and really shows personal growth between the characters, as well as the set-up of a great rivalry

Naruto's Chunin exam arc vs. Hunter X Hunter's hutner exam arc:
I wanted to go arc by arc in order, but these 2 have to be compared, they are very similar, that being said I felt the Naruto arc was better, more development, introduction of some very cool characters, etc...

Naruto's chunin exam arc vs. Hunter X Hunter's spider arc:
outside of the early parts of the spider arc (mostly nen, and that fighting tower, as well as some late arc stuff, like when gon and killua figure out how to find and sell antiques) I felt it was a major disapointment, while there were cool characters and such, and it was brutal... it was focused so heavily on kurapica who I don;t liek nearly as much as gon and killua, makign it rather boring for me... as stated before, I loved the chuunin exams in naruto... I think naruto takes this fight

Naruto's search for Tsunade arc Vs. Hunter X Hunter's Greed Island arc:
I can't pic.. I love these arcs so much.. I guess if I had to choose it would be HXH.... but Naruto's development in the Tsunade arc, the final fight of the arc, the learning of rasengan, etc..etc.. it is so good, and I cherished that arc.. thoroughly.. plus jaraiya was hillarious..... but greed Island was by far the best HXH arc... BY FAR... the whoel card system just screams "MAKE ME INTO A MMORPG!!!" Killua's second exam rocked, their new trainer was cool as hell, it was just such an aewsome arc.... I couldn;t stop reading it...

Naruto's Sasuke acts like a b!+c# arc vs. Hunter X Hunter's perfect cell.. er I mean crazy insects arc...:
right now these are respectively the worst arcs of the 2... that beign said, hunter x hunter's arc is starting to pick up.. while Naruto's is still dragging behind.. so I give it to HXH...

I think since hunter x hunter is less known/popular it is held in higher regard, while naruto is dissed by some fans, probably mostly because it's so popular...

I like both almost equaly...

they are both excelent..... they both have great characetr development (even though I hate sasuke, I think his development is far better than that of Kurapika's... yet killua's development rocks, yet so does Neji's early development, and that might just get better... hell naruto even spent the time to develop a 3rd rate characetr like choji.. soemthign HXH doesn;t really do.... ), Naruto has better and more consistant art quality (but HXH's manga ka got sick.. so it can be argued on that... they both have great characetr designs.... yet HXHs go a little mad max, or off the wall in other ways soem times.. while Naruto's seem more practical (well for shonen manga that is)...

they both have great "magic" systems.. yet HXHs is mroe detailed... both do involve strategy though, which makes the fights more interesting....

don't diss either

xxziggybitsxx
2004-01-27, 14:51
Hi all.... i have a question that has been bothering me for a while. Just the other day, i finished the while Hunter x Hunter seriers... All 74 episodes.. They left off the anime at a HUGE cliffhanger... Acually the anime JUST STOPED... and i am kind-of angry off that... SO i am woundering if anyone knew what was the next coming anime is called, and if they were out yet... THANKS :help: :help: :help: :hmm:

Sugetsu
2004-01-27, 14:58
There will be a continuation coming this february. I don't know the specific day though. The name of this new OVA will be "Greed Island Final OVA" and it will have 14 episodes. That's all I know.

I hope that I was helpful enough for you.

Bye

a_nevels666
2004-01-27, 16:25
Hi all.... i have a question that has been bothering me for a while. Just the other day, i finished the while Hunter x Hunter seriers... All 74 episodes.. They left off the anime at a HUGE cliffhanger... Acually the anime JUST STOPED... and i am kind-of angry off that... SO i am woundering if anyone knew what was the next coming anime is called, and if they were out yet... THANKS :help: :help: :help: :hmm:

Ummm...it's 62 + 8 + 8 = 78 episodes.

And yes 14 more episodes coming soon in the third OVA series. (first DVD released on 3/3)

mightyme
2004-01-27, 23:07
or if your like me and can't possibly wait to get mroe of the story, the manga can be found here

the most recent chapters ar eont he first page.. scroll down a bit and look through that huge list for hunter x hunter and you'lls ee links to a ton of places that have everything before that

xxziggybitsxx
2004-01-28, 14:21
:bow: :) TY TY TY TY TY TY TY :) :bow: ALL SOOOOO MUCH... no my starving for more anime is complete... thanks to u... ohhyha.. that was a type-o... it was 78.. not 74 :heh: :love:

Oigen
2004-01-28, 19:34
sorry but i dont understand is the ova 2-8 the end or is it that the new ones hasnt come out ???.

ps: sorry about mi english

Forsaken102
2004-01-28, 19:45
lo siento, no sabo tampoco.

Pero, creo que lo no estan la terminar. Creo que son las muchas mas dispues.

And, in case I guessed your language wrong, or that made no sense whatsoever..

I'm sorry, I don't know either.

But, I think that it is not the end. I think that there are many more after that.

Don't worry, I'm waiting excitedly for it, too. :D

Oigen
2004-01-28, 19:55
si lo adivinoaste , lo q pasa es q me he metido en otras paginas y sale q son 8 capitulos.pero de pana espero q no sea ese el final..

yes you guessed right but the things is that in the internet says that those are all the chapters but i dont think so and hope is not..
if anibody knows for sure please tell us

jUkUmI
2004-01-28, 20:54
At Toriyama's World, they are currently translating the scanlets of the manga of Hunter X Hunter. I don't know if they will continue to make Hunter X an anime series but I believe that they will because they aren't done with the story. :thinker: (Atleast I hope they do... or I'll be very mad...) Anyways you can download the manga (its bit torrent) at Toriyama's World!! :)

Ookla The Mok
2004-01-28, 21:01
no "sabo"? gaaaah.

Hunter X Hunter OVA 3 "Greed Island Final" is coming out in Japan very soon. It finishes off the Greed Island arc. No idea on whether or not there will be more anime after that. The manga is still running but the art is often bad or lacking.

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-28, 21:51
no "sabo"? gaaaah.

Hunter X Hunter OVA 3 "Greed Island Final" is coming out in Japan very soon. It finishes off the Greed Island arc. No idea on whether or not there will be more anime after that. The manga is still running but the art is often bad or lacking.

apparently... I've heard rumours saying that they won;t be doing anymore animes until the manga gets more ahead after GI 3 Final... perhaps they will come back with more animes in a year.. after the manga gets more ahead...

complich8
2004-01-29, 00:39
apparently... I've heard rumours saying that they won;t be doing anymore animes until the manga gets more ahead after GI 3 Final... perhaps they will come back with more animes in a year.. after the manga gets more ahead...

If I remember correctly, they're doing OVA's instead of just continuing the series because they caught up with the manga. When Greed Island OVA's came out, the end of the GI ova's was the end of the manga that you could find scanslated, to the scene.

Greed Island 2 will probably follow the same pattern, though I can't say for sure since I don't really know how to read japanese ;).

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-29, 03:59
If I remember correctly, they're doing OVA's instead of just continuing the series because they caught up with the manga. When Greed Island OVA's came out, the end of the GI ova's was the end of the manga that you could find scanslated, to the scene.

Greed Island 2 will probably follow the same pattern, though I can't say for sure since I don't really know how to read japanese ;).

Yup..... I've heard this one too... as in they will only do OVAs... another one I've heard is that they won't be doing any animation and just follow on with the manga... the best outcome would be to come out with a season 2 of animes on TV...... then we can all watch it again!!!! Muahahaahahahaha....... But of course back to reality I don't think the ideal will happen...

Sylvanthious
2004-01-29, 04:49
I don't know if I'm telling you stuff you already know, but there are going to be 14 more episodes of an OVA called 'GI Final' coming out from Feb. through Aug. there will be one dvd released a month with 2 episodes on it, and it should finish up the Greed Island saga. The Manga is currently still on the arc that started right after Greed Island, and it's slow going. I think the guy writing it is just lazy, but he says he has some condition, oh well, at least he writes a good manga when it suits him. Anyways 14 new eps of HxH coming out over the next few months. On another note, I get all my HxH info from nexgear.com it's a great site that does scantalations and stuff.

complich8
2004-01-29, 07:27
I don't know if I'm telling you stuff you already know, but there are going to be 14 more episodes of an OVA called 'GI Final' coming out from Feb. through Aug. there will be one dvd released a month with 2 episodes on it, and it should finish up the Greed Island saga.

I kinda thought I was saying that, but you said it a bit more directly ....

yeah. greed island final. It got delayed to march I think? don't remember, there's another thread around that has the details but I forget. should be on www.hunter-ova.com if you can pick out dates from the japanese text though ;).

Sugetsu
2004-01-29, 15:33

Pero, creo que lo no estan la terminar. Creo que son las muchas mas dispues.

And, in case I guessed your language wrong, or that made no sense whatsoever..

I'm sorry, I don't know either.

But, I think that it is not the end. I think that there are many more after that.

Don't worry, I'm waiting excitedly for it, too. :D

Necesita trabajar un poco mas en su español, pero va por el buen camino :D

ANIMO!

chamelean75
2004-01-30, 02:00
yep yep, i can't wait till February for the next Hunter x Hunter anime to come out. I heard about the 14 episode OVA coming out in Feb. but I didn't know that it would be 2 episodes a month. Well, that's 7 months, by then, the Hunter x Hunter manga may be over. I'm awaiting to see Gon's search for his father and final show down between Killua and his family. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this latter situation. Killua is still expected to inherit the assassin family. I'm expecting an exciting show down. hehehehehe. Also, Leorio has to learn nen. I want to know what he can do with his nen ability. Also, I can't wait until chapter 8 comes out. I'm hoping it will conclude the Gon and Killua vs. Knuckles fight.

Sugetsu
2004-01-30, 02:24
By the way the story is going now it will take a while to end the series because of 4 main reasons.

1. Kuraprica has to get revenge and we haven't even seen most of the spiders' special abilities.

2. Killua has to deal with his familiy, which by the way is very powerful and we don't know exactly how skillful they are.

3. Gon has to find his father.

4. Hisoka and Gon have to fight to dead some day.

So for me it looks like we will have HxH for a while. :)

YEAH...

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-30, 04:09
well.. i'm expecting more than just that.... I'm expecting Killua will turn bad... and Gon will either have to fight with him till he loses or do something to make him realise that he's got some good with him.... remember he has a tendency to feel bored so the probability of him betraying Gon and his friends one day is high....

thegreatjason
2004-01-30, 04:13
I'm guessing Killua and Gon will fight as well, becuase when Killua left his mansion his dad said that he'll get tired of Gon.

I'm also looking forward to what Leorio will learn, he's definitely my favorite character, the older more mature characters are always my favs.

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-30, 21:08
I'm guessing Killua and Gon will fight as well, becuase when Killua left his mansion his dad said that he'll get tired of Gon.

I'm also looking forward to what Leorio will learn, he's definitely my favorite character, the older more mature characters are always my favs.

Its not only the fact that he'll get bored with Gon.. I also think its because since young he was train to have a killer instinct.... further more he's the manipulation nen user type... so according to Hisoka, manipulators are unpredictable and unreliable ppl... quite a bit of evidence throughout the show that this will happen... I just don't know how it will....

As for Leorio... I'm thinking he'll come up with something funny because he's the comic character in the show.... I just can't think up of what... I have a strong feeling it won't be something cool like Kurapica's chains or Killua's lightning...

thegreatjason
2004-01-30, 22:17
Have they said what type of nen user he is? I just finished watching all the episodes of the show and OVAs and haven't started on the manga yet(only started it a day or two ago).

Maybe he'll have something crazy like a nen scalpel, although that might be too crazy for him since he wants to become a doctor.

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-30, 22:46
Have they said what type of nen user he is? I just finished watching all the episodes of the show and OVAs and haven't started on the manga yet(only started it a day or two ago).

Maybe he'll have something crazy like a nen scalpel, although that might be too crazy for him since he wants to become a doctor.

you mean Leorio???? Erm.... i think he is of the same type as Gon can't remember... I think i need to go back and watch those but somewhere along those lines I guess... nen scalpel..... hmmm.... maybe that isn't such a far fetched idea... i can't seem to think of anything more fitting.... how about nen healing... maybe he will be one of those who heals with nen

Joe Dalton
2004-01-31, 11:19
Does anyone know wich I should download first?
Greed island or the other OVA or are they actualy the same?
BTW anyone else found it od that suddenly the entire story started to lose gon?

mightyme
2004-01-31, 11:48
the other oav, it's the continuation of the spider story.... which focuses on kurapika...greed island is the second oav which again focuses on gon and killua, as does the next arc after that , which hasn't been animated...

greed island has not been compelted either.. the next oav that is comming out is the rest of gree island and is like 14 episodes...

if upon finishing the first greed island oav you can't wait any longer for the story to continue... go to

http://www.toriyamaworld.com/
(for the early chapters... a little ahead of the oav I think

http://www.toriyamaworld.com/
(for where toriyama's world leaves off, up to chaoter 203

(from 203-207)

if you do read the manga... I suggest doing so from the start, as it is a lot better than the anime....there is kind of a horror element to the manga that is lost in the anime... main characters do some evil things (killua), and hisoka is like 100X worse, as is the reenforcement user of the spider

also there is a huge art quality drop at the begining of the most recent manga arc.. HUGE drop..... don't worry it gets better... the manga-ka was sick

chamelean75
2004-01-31, 14:43
I hate to say it but I personally would never forsee Killua fighting Gon. Killua's father said that he would eventually get bored of Gon and betray him because that is his nature. Well, Killua isn't an assasin anymore and he learns the importance of life when they save that fox-bear creature. I think Killua becomes a hunter. I'm not sure cause I've skipping around in the manga. Also, not fighitng Gon or getting bored of him proves that he wont become an assasin. I mean he could betray his friends but I don't think he is going to fight Gon. They are best friends, Killua and Gon, and you can get "bored" of your best friend. Transformation people are dishonest maybe that doesn't mean that you have to be dishonest. Killua is changing. I remember in the anime at one point, someone said that through training, you will find you true nen ability. Perhaps, Killua's is still deveolping.

a_nevels666
2004-01-31, 21:06
I hate to say it but I personally would never forsee Killua fighting Gon. Killua's father said that he would eventually get bored of Gon and betray him because that is his nature. Well, Killua isn't an assasin anymore and he learns the importance of life when they save that fox-bear creature. I think Killua becomes a hunter. I'm not sure cause I've skipping around in the manga. Also, not fighitng Gon or getting bored of him proves that he wont become an assasin. I mean he could betray his friends but I don't think he is going to fight Gon. They are best friends, Killua and Gon, and you can get "bored" of your best friend. Transformation people are dishonest maybe that doesn't mean that you have to be dishonest. Killua is changing. I remember in the anime at one point, someone said that through training, you will find you true nen ability. Perhaps, Killua's is still deveolping.

It's a shounen manga. Therefore it's pretty sure Killua and Gon will fight each other sometime in the future. Maybe they'll have an argument, or Killua will be forced to fight Gon by his family. I'm sure the author will find some sort of excuse for them to fight.

Saving the fox-bear creature was filler. (It wasn't in the manga)

Killua has already become a hunter in the manga. That doesn't mean he can't be an assassin and/or evil, for example Hisoka is also a hunter.

a_nevels666
2004-01-31, 21:20
also there is a huge art quality drop at the begining of the most recent manga arc.. HUGE drop.....

Only in the Shounen Jump version, the art is cleaned up in the volume releases. There it looks great again.

mightyme
2004-02-01, 03:31
really? good to hear

d0d0lee
2004-02-01, 10:49
[QUOTE=a_nevels666]It's a shounen manga. Therefore it's pretty sure Killua and Gon will fight each other sometime in the future. Maybe they'll have an argument, or Killua will be forced to fight Gon by his family. I'm sure the author will find some sort of excuse for them to fight.

Never!!! They might fight but they will always be the 'bestest' friends ever!!!

chamelean75
2004-02-01, 21:08
Does anyone know what Leorio's nen ability is? Does anyone know if Kurapica were to kill all the Ryodan, whether he'd be able to take back the oaths and gain strength with his nen ability the normal way? Does anyone know what abilities Killua's little sister and mother have?

Sylvanthious
2004-02-01, 23:53
Leorio is an emission type user, I don't remember all the details, I know he's got like some kind of scalpel or something. I found a scan of a page in shonen of his nen abilities at nexgear, the thread is called 'The hidden nen abilities of Leorio' or something like that.

Super Panda
2004-02-02, 01:12
I didn't think that Leorio had a nen ability. I thought all he learned was the basic abilities and not even to the point of Gon and Killua when they met up in York Shin. I don't think he has a hatsu ability just yet, though he could whenever they show him again.

And I think Kurapica does have the ability to remove the chain stabbed into the heart. He did it to himself to let himself be able to use all the nen types to 100% efficiency against the ryodan. If he took it out, he'd just be back to the materialization type I'd think.

Sylvanthious
2004-02-02, 03:29
To see the page that has the nen abilities of leorio, go here http://www.nexgear.com/uploads/post-14-1073303141.jpg

edit: the link doesn't work, and i can't figure out out to delete this post, sorry.

-*Mitsuki*-
2004-02-02, 03:50
By the way the story is going now it will take a while to end the series because of 4 main reasons.

1. Kuraprica has to get revenge and we haven't even seen most of the spiders' special abilities.

2. Killua has to deal with his familiy, which by the way is very powerful and we don't know exactly how skillful they are.

3. Gon has to find his father.

4. Hisoka and Gon have to fight to dead some day.

So for me it looks like we will have HxH for a while. :)

YEAH...

yup! i'm so glad there are still these things unsolved so keep the series going~ but i think GI ended kinda fast?? they collected the cards sooooooo fast... but i guess i wouldn't have wanted them to drag it out even more ^^ well i just hope this series doesn't end too soon! can't wait til the next OVA :D

chamelean75
2004-02-03, 00:22
Does anyone know the exact date that the Hunter x Hunter new ova will be released? Will it be released on DVD? I hear that it will be released in February, but does anyone know the exact date in February?

complich8
2004-02-03, 02:14
Does anyone know the exact date that the Hunter x Hunter new ova will be released? Will it be released on DVD? I hear that it will be released in February, but does anyone know the exact date in February?

release dates of gi-final dvds:
1: march 3.
2: march 17
3: april 7
4: may 19
5: june 16
6: july 14
7: august 18

dates taken from the official site, which is www.hunter-ova.com . Click on "ova". click on "dvd release schedule". you'll see it.

SnakeBite
2004-02-03, 14:48
From my understanding, there are going to be two episodes released this month (February) of Hunter X Hunter.

Any one know the dates when or am I just hearing false information?

Thanks in advance :)

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2004-02-03, 15:25
Been said before I believe a search can find that info. Anyhow, I THINK first two eps are being released on 3/3/04 and the 2nd release of the next two eps is around 3/17 or so? I cant remember exactly. :-\ USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

ElvenPath
2004-02-03, 16:08
1st volume scheduled for March 03, 2004. Available for pre-order at cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCBX-50551).

SnakeBite
2004-02-03, 18:19
Alright, thanks guys :) Sorry for not using search :\

ssjdende
2004-02-05, 02:52
Is there going to be a 3rd hunter x hunter OVA continuing the story? is there any in the works?

thanks

Asakura_Y0h
2004-02-05, 03:05
Is there going to be a 3rd hunter x hunter OVA continuing the story? is there any in the works?

thanks

yes... greed island final will be made out of 14 eps... of 7 OVAs.... the first will be released this march... check the other Hunter X threads... there's lots of mention about this issue already

mightyme
2004-02-05, 03:12

thanks

use search... second button from the right, up top under the banner...

this si addressed WAY too often

there is a 3rd OAV commign out in march that is 14 episodes long (about 2 eps a month) it is called greed island final... and from the name seems to end the greed island story arc....

this arc will not wrap the series, as the manga is about halfway through the arc that follows greed island, is still going, and really offers no answers or conclusions to all the questions brought up int he series (i.e. unelss the manga-ka gets tired of tellign the story... then there is a good amount left... I suppose they could finish everything in 1 big final arc.. but it would be severely rushed.... I am guessing a good 2-3 mroe arcs if not more before this series continues... each arc being around 20-30 episodes (as you know the first oav only finished the second story arc)....

the series and OAVs have stuck fairly close to the manga... and they stopepd the series in favor of OAVs because they caught up to the manga... so don;t expect new oav series to begin, until an arc concludes.... I am gessing this current arc has about 6 months left in it.... that is if there are no delays in chapters.... then the oav for thata rc will likely go into production... but wont see release until soemtime next year.... by which time a 5th arc will be well underway... likely not revealing much either...

Keitaro
2004-02-05, 04:44
Like the others said this information could have been so easy to find if you only used the little Search button on the top of the page. Heres the offical release dates for the 3 OVA. Official website (http://www.hunter-ova.com/). btw I'm closing this thread.

xris
2004-02-05, 04:52
And I would like to remind people that this forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs.

Since Hunter x Hunter OVA3 doesn't exist yet, you could not discuss aspects of the fansubs! If such a thread needs to be created, then it should be in the General Anime forum.

From the Tips in the forum rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/announcement.php?f=10)
Check if your question has already been answered
Please use the http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/top_search.gif (http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php?) feature of this forum to see if your question has already been asked (and possibly answered) before. If this is the case, please post in the existing thread instead of creating a new one.

WaRhEaD
2004-02-07, 11:11
Sources:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3177
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4384

posted on 2003-11-26 22:54:26
source: Natsume Maya
A third Hunter X Hunter OVA series entitled "G I Final" (Greed Island Final) is set to be released starting on February 18th, 2004. Seven volumes of two episodes each will be released, with the final volume coming out in August.

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2004-02-07, 11:48
You might want to search before you post threads. In other words, its kinda old news. :p
P.S. First DVD is actualy being released on March 3rd 2004.

ElvenPath
2004-02-07, 12:19
Existing thread about HxH G I Final here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6585).

Thread closed

akabane-san
2004-02-08, 17:49
Beyond the grave.... i totally agree man, it shocked me the same way it did to you. btw, turning from anime to manga is a real sad man... so now the continuing thing from the hunter x hunter epi's are greed island then the ova from aku fansub right??

a_nevels666
2004-02-08, 18:13
Beyond the grave.... i totally agree man, it shocked me the same way it did to you. btw, turning from anime to manga is a real sad man... so now the continuing thing from the hunter x hunter epi's are greed island then the ova from aku fansub right??

No.

For starters, watch the TV episodes 1-62.
Then watch the first OVA series. (8 episodes)
Finally watch the Greed Island OVA. (8 episodes)

Then there's the upcoming "Greed Island - Final" OVA.

ElvenPath
2004-02-08, 18:18
There's an existing thread about the upcoming Hunter x Hunter G I Final here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6585).

TangentZ
2004-02-08, 18:22
I've never watched the HxH anime and I've only read Chapter 191-193.

:hmm: Is it just me, is the drawing supposed to look it's done by a 3-year-old?

With the hype around HxH, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the art. It is BAD. I mean, there's no "texture" at all. Just simple outlines. What's up with that? :confused:

It's hard to tlink it's done by the same person that did Yuu Yuu Hakusho (幽幽白書)! :eyespin:

akabane-san
2004-02-08, 18:52
a_nevels666 thanks for the info... that really helped alot.

TangentZ, anime and the manga are clearly different. although hxh's animation is quite old school but its a good anime (does not look like art from a 3 year old like what u describe as in the manga)

d/l the anime and you see what i mean.

TangentZ
2004-02-08, 19:04
Fair enough. I'll give the anime a try. :)

naantje
2004-02-08, 20:45
i think the manga looks that way cuz the mangaka is very veryyyyy ill, download some of the earlier volumes ull see the difference

akabane-san
2004-02-08, 21:36
naantje: u mean u manga is old right? :confused:

anyway, i hope they make a real series instead of ova's... :mad: