PDA

View Full Version : Episode 88 Discussion Thread

hi no ken Jebus
2006-07-11, 11:38
-Ririn makes it back to urahara's to get help for ichigo who is already there
-the four shinigami regroup and head to the bount hideout
-kariya tells to the glasses guy to take care of the intruders
-the kid renji saved is in critical condition, meanwhile urahara asks ichigo if he can win without doing bankai
-in SS, yamamoto asks Byakuya to search for info about the bount and tells him there might be a traitor among them
-ichigo and co depart to join up with the shinigami who left ahead of them
-the glasses guy takes care of the shinigami just as ichigo and co are about to enter
-episode ends with uryuu trying to use his power and failing then nemu appears before him
-shinigami cup was kind of lame this week:heh:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/900/b885lz.th.jpg (http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b885lz.jpg)

Please do not discuss anything past episode 88, or else you risk a ban. Don't even post future episode titles. Even tags are no defense.

Omniscient
2006-07-11, 12:00
Episode 88 Screencaps and Summary (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/07/11/bleach-88/)

Meh, first half of the episode was unimportant talk/everyone regrouping and the fight in the second half wasn't that exciting. Rather boring episode for me.

Hitsugaya_OWNS
2006-07-11, 12:50
it came out already?

fizzmaister
2006-07-11, 14:01
it came out already?

the RAW did.

Guido
2006-07-11, 15:05
What is the highlight for me will be the exchange meeting...

between Nemu and Ishida that ends the episode in a cliffhanger before she starts to deliver the errand that Mayuri ordered her to settle with the Quincy boy.

Ddadain
2006-07-12, 00:28
XD Looking good so far

astrallionheart
2006-07-12, 04:21
Seemed like a total filler, there was very little plot progression, nor the trademark fighting. The only actual progression it seemed occured in the last scene between Ishida and Nemu. The animation for the first half of the episode was also pretty rock bottom. Seems like a "we took a break this week" ep.

physics223
2006-07-12, 05:15
If some things happen in the next episode or two, I believe Bleach can become great again (http://animeotaku.wordpress.com/2006/07/12/bleach-can-become-great-again/).

Deathkillz
2006-07-12, 09:15
it got very boring...dragging-on-the-floor-using-the-face-over-glass-type of boring -__- only good bit in this eps was seeing Nemu :love:

physics223
2006-07-12, 09:57
Yes, and like you, I love Nemu.

Thewanderer
2006-07-12, 10:29
If some things happen in the next episode or two, I believe Bleach can become great again (http://animeotaku.wordpress.com/2006/07/12/bleach-can-become-great-again/).
That guy talks like these episodes aren't even canonhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/Deadbrain80/Smilies/redface2tf.gif The story can't move forward? WTF? The Bound arc is a story...

Anyway Physics, I hope you're not gitting your hopes up too high. IMO, Ishida and Nemu aren't exactly on perfect terms, even though Nemu gave him the antidote to Mayuri's poison. I mean Ishida tried to kill her Captain/father... At the least, Nemu will initiate a fight to get it out of her system.

And if you were looking for romance, there was Ishida/Yoshino thing, which might be the closest thing you'll get to a romance considering Bleach's shonen status. Though it is possible, and I hope something happens between those two as well.

physics223
2006-07-12, 10:41
I expected that much from the filler-defender. Canon is defined to be a criterion or standard of judgment. The manga is a good canon when judging the anime. The story doesn't move forward because it's roundabout. What, seriously, has changed within the characters? It's simply addition and subtraction, basic operations that Kubo has mastered that has slowly become a chore to watch. With this occurrence, there may be a development long-needed by this slowly degrading and decadent series (so far).

It's a matter of perspective, but I think manga-based episodes are better than anime-original episodes (filler). With some character development to pepper the common stagnation of characters found in a lot of shounen (other than Adachi, I guess), some development between Nemu and Ishida will be very welcome.

Thewanderer
2006-07-12, 11:23
I expected that much from the filler-defender. Canon is defined to be a criterion or standard of judgment. The manga is a good canon when judging the anime. The story doesn't move forward because it's roundabout. What, seriously, has changed within the characters? It's simply addition and subtraction, basic operations that Kubo has mastered that has slowly become a chore to watch. With this occurrence, there may be a development long-needed by this slowly degrading and decadent series (so far).

It's a matter of perspective, but I think manga-based episodes are better than anime-original episodes (filler). With some character development to pepper the common stagnation of characters found in a lot of shounen (other than Adachi, I guess), some development between Nemu and Ishida will be very welcome.
Dude, I was making one simple comment before the rest of my post. Why get so hostile? You're saying it like I'm the only one that don't discriminate episodes. If aanyone should be complaining, it's me because you ppl are ruining my experience with this show. No offense.

And plenty could happen in "filler" between manga arcs. Say if a character appeared in the 2nd manga arc with a haircut, in the "filler" they could show that character getting the haircut. As long as there's unexplained events that supposed to have happened when the filler arc is happening, the filler arc can explain them. This is the case for Ichigo's lack of Bankai at the begining of the Modsoul arc(which the manga didn't explain).

You probably think I'm nothing but a filler-hugging animetard, but I just want to watch, discuss, and enjoy each episode equally. You'd be suprised, but I DO like most manga episodes better than the anime episodes. But there are some manga episodes I dislike and some anime episodes I like.

Cooldude
2006-07-12, 11:55
That guy talks like these episodes aren't even canonhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/Deadbrain80/Smilies/redface2tf.gif The story can't move forward? WTF? The Bound arc is a story...

Anyway Physics, I hope you're not gitting your hopes up too high. IMO, Ishida and Nemu aren't exactly on perfect terms, even though Nemu gave him the antidote to Mayuri's poison. I mean Ishida tried to kill her Captain/father... At the least, Nemu will initiate a fight to get it out of her system.

And if you were looking for romance, there was Ishida/Yoshino thing, which might be the closest thing you'll get to a romance considering Bleach's shonen status. Though it is possible, and I hope something happens between those two as well.

Yes, Bount arc is a story, but a boring, flawed and poorly contructed story

The episodes nowadays are just dragging on and on without much actually happening, it has the feeling that they're trying to waste as much time as possible just to fill in the 22 minutes. The pacing of each episode is so slow, so un-bleach like that watching paint dry is actually more entertaining.

The animation's quality has declined so much that it makes you think they're saving up their budget for the real stuff. Characters doing out-of-character stuff and saying out-of-character lines, actually feel sorry for the seiyuu who have to put up with some of the lines, well at least they get paid for it.

Some people defend fillers for the sake of being different, but really, whether it's a filler or not, it's a fact that the current arc is crap.

I only watch on due to my loyalty to Bleach, but it doesn't take away the fact that the past 20 episodes have been mostly trash.

Varis
2006-07-12, 12:00
Is it just me or can Gesells special abilities only work in the shade of that light? Seems pretty situational. Sounds like he will be just keeping the good guys entertained until they figure out where he is and to stay away from the shade.

Also, I know Matsumoto is well endowed... but come on.. when she got roped, her rack increased to gigantic size... wth... do they plan on having those eyes orbit her chest?

I don't know about the Ishida x Nemu hype. There was some chemistry or at least a level of respect going on in soul society but that was largely the result of the circumstances. She was sent to deliver something and comming from the mad, messed up scientist, it will be something bad. At best she will hold back and allow Ishida to defeat her in order to have an excuse to fail her mission. So even if something might happen given time, I doubt she will end up on all 4's anytime soon.

Silent waters run deep eh... to me it looks more like she is a extremely introverted and submissive "individual" that may or may not have a soul... She was created and raised by a very cruel person after all. I don't know how far she take a relationship even if she wanted to.

Thewanderer
2006-07-12, 13:15
Yes, Bount arc is a story, but a boring, flawed and poorly contructed story

The episodes nowadays are just dragging on and on without much actually happening, it has the feeling that they're trying to waste as much time as possible just to fill in the 22 minutes. The pacing of each episode is so slow, so un-bleach like that watching paint dry is actually more entertaining.

The animation's quality has declined so much that it makes you think they're saving up their budget for the real stuff. Characters doing out-of-character stuff and saying out-of-character lines, actually feel sorry for the seiyuu who have to put up with some of the lines, well at least they get paid for it.

Some people defend fillers for the sake of being different, but really, whether it's a filler or not, it's a fact that the current arc is crap.

I only watch on due to my loyalty to Bleach, but it doesn't take away the fact that the past 20 episodes have been mostly trash.
Now this is some constructive criticism. Though the animation has gotten a lot better recently, and there's a few cool things in this arc.

And no, I'm not one who defends anything for the sake of being different. I just don't understand how normal episodes that so happen to be original to the anime gets almost everyone pissed off, even as far as to try to disrupt the discussions about the episodes. Most of them do it just for the sole fact that the episodes aren't in the manga, which is IMO, flawed logic.

Anyway, I just watched the ep. The Bound with glasses is by far the most annoying... I hope he dies first. They seem to be entering the final battle, so it'll probably happen soon. Another clue is that...Ichigo told Urahara that he can feel his Bankai comming back. The scene with Ririn and Ichigo was pretty cute. She's almost like another little sister to him. Renji was a tard in this ep, getting all shook up over the injured kid(though I can understand). Matsumoto is getting cooler in my eyes now that she's using her abilities more often. Overall I think this episode is one of the better episodes in this arc.

Raihen
2006-07-12, 15:46
About that Mister Four-Eyes(by Kon-sama ^^') he probably use Shadow to cast "spells". About Ichigo and Urahara I though he was going to say about his "Hollow Side", but nope :<

Shunsui
2006-07-12, 16:22
This arc needs more me. :p

Anyway, dork/total nerd Bounto is definetly the least cool character in the entire running of Bleach. He needs to go jump off a cliff or something. Not only does he have a mehtastic personality, but he's a wuss, even compared to the other Bounto. At least the other ones are in the general area when their dolls are fighting, dork Bounto hides in a little secluded room.

Psychoray
2006-07-12, 17:31
"Dork bounto"

LOL!

physics223
2006-07-12, 17:43
Dude, I was making one simple comment before the rest of my post. Why get so hostile? You're saying it like I'm the only one that don't discriminate episodes. If aanyone should be complaining, it's me because you ppl are ruining my experience with this show. No offense.

This was hostile.

It's not like I said something against you before that. I was simply expressing an opinion, and that wasn't being hostile to you.

And plenty could happen in "filler" between manga arcs. Say if a character appeared in the 2nd manga arc with a haircut, in the "filler" they could show that character getting the haircut. As long as there's unexplained events that supposed to have happened when the filler arc is happening, the filler arc can explain them. This is the case for Ichigo's lack of Bankai at the begining of the Modsoul arc(which the manga didn't explain).

You probably think I'm nothing but a filler-hugging animetard, but I just want to watch, discuss, and enjoy each episode equally. You'd be suprised, but I DO like most manga episodes better than the anime episodes. But there are some manga episodes I dislike and some anime episodes I like.

I was aiming for discussion with that take of mine. Must you denigrate it with a sharp comment? I honestly didn't start the hostilities. You did.

Thewanderer
2006-07-12, 17:56
This was hostile.

It's not like I said something against you before that. I was simply expressing an opinion, and that wasn't being hostile to you.

I was aiming for discussion with that take of mine. Must you denigrate it with a sharp comment? I honestly didn't start the hostilities. You did.
Okay, sorry. But the "filler-defender" thing hurt my feelings.

physics223
2006-07-12, 18:39
Now that everything's cleared up, I beg your pardon as well.

Thewanderer
2006-07-12, 19:09
Now that everything's cleared up, I beg your pardon as well.
No problem, dude. Now let's get back on topic before someone modrapes us for spamming:heh:

Zek
2006-07-12, 20:55
I haven't seen the episode yet, but is Mayuri supposed to know that Ishida is alive? I mean, wouldn't he be more than a little bit pissed at Nemu upon discovering that he was cured?

Illuyankas
2006-07-12, 21:06
What, a powerless, potential test subject? I imagine he'd be thrilled. He just has to wait (mwahaha).

Zu Ra
2006-07-12, 21:25
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/RENRED.gifhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/RENRED.gifhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/RENRED.gif

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/REDREN2.gifhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/REDREN2.gifhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/REDREN2.gif

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/RENJIRED3.gifhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/RENJIRED3.gifhttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/Animated%20Gifs/RENJIRED3.gif

NoSanninWa
2006-07-13, 01:09
That was hysterical. I had thought that Jinta was showing honest concern for Renji. I was like "Awwww..." when Jinta offered them to Renji. Sure enough, Jinta is still a right bastard.

Rahan
2006-07-13, 03:59
Wasn't the music near the end brand new ? It has been a _long_ time we had not heard a new BGM in Bleach.

Guido
2006-07-13, 07:26
Nothing spectacular goes on this week. Seems that the Bount storyline got stuck in this episode, as nothing new was introduced to keep the pace moving forward.

Certainly so, since the filler cannot progress in story quality to prevent overlapping or conflicting plot holes that may arise whenc catching up with the manga.

Animation returned to its standard quality but was okay.

If Urahara is concerned about Ichigo's Bankai, he could very well devise a machine that would allow the guy to temporarily reach Bankai, until he (Ichigo) finds the way and grows his power naturally so as not to contradict the manga at the next arc.

Back to SS, I don't think Mayuri is in league with the Bount. He's craving to get a piece of them for his research since laying his eyes on the whole mess they've created. If he's concealing the data about the Bount is for his ego-maniac, selfish reasons.

The only two things that kept me interested in the episode were, first, the mention of Aizen's name in a possible alliance with the Bount scenario, but Yamamoto quickly calls off that posibility; maybe just Aizen is using the Bount's action to cover his trail, unknown to them.
Second, Nemu's unexpected but timely arrival to Ishida. The music score was well chosen one that emphasized the drama, as the episode itself closed in a cliffhanger.

I find clever and witty how Ugaki operates his doll, Gesell, through the pack of cards but is boring to see the doll itself in action; it should pull out a wider array of ingenious traps to catch off guard its opponents.

The music score played at the cave scenario was superb and reminded a lot to one of the Castlevania's theme from the Legacy of Darkness game for the N64.

Mr. DJ
2006-07-13, 19:59
well it was about time we got to see the Dork Bounto in action, his powers are interesting but boring at the same time. I chuckled a bit cause he made it seem like he killed Matsumoto and the rest by his arrogant demeanor.

the new ending music to me is.....meh...don't really care for it.

Thewanderer
2006-07-13, 20:16
well it was about time we got to see the Dork Bounto in action, his powers are interesting but boring at the same time. I chuckled a bit cause he made it seem like he killed Matsumoto and the rest by his arrogant demeanor.

the new ending music to me is.....meh...don't really care for it.
Agreed. I hope he gets less boring if he survives long enough to merge with his doll like Yoshino did.

RoKru
2006-07-14, 07:20
The new end is nice XD
Dork bounto is like playing Yu Gi Oh or something o.o

Mr. DJ
2006-07-14, 09:46
like it was already said, it's kinda lame he's fighting from a secluded room somewhere.

if he were really good (just my opinion) he'd be doing it while out there; cause hey, can't be any more badass by taking out enemies while you sit there "playing cards" on the battlefield :) but noooooo, he has to sit in his dark, candle lit room...

physics223
2006-07-14, 10:37
Does anybody think Nemu would initiate a fight with Ishida? I personally don't think so - if I'd see some character development next week I'd probably wallow in joy simply because it's Nemu!

vhx
2006-07-14, 16:18
Anyone else notice that in the flashback of Hollow Ichigo, his eyes are glowing again? Looks like they realized their mistake from 82 and fixed it, seems like it was an error/bug from the episode itself and not necissarily left out on purpose as some had speculated. Image below.

Left ep 82, Right ep 88
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5218/hi3zh.jpg

Thewanderer
2006-07-14, 16:27
Anyone else notice that in the flashback of Hollow Ichigo, his eyes are glowing again? Looks like they realized their mistake from 82 and fixed it, seems like it was an error/bug from the episode itself and not necissarily left out on purpose as some had speculated.

Yeah, I wonder who that could've been...:uhoh:

wingdarkness
2006-07-14, 18:05
I liked this ep alot because it did a really good job of setting up the endgame...Rinrin being worried about Ichi was sweet and Kon was as disrespected as always providing some good cheap laffs...It also was good because we really don't know how this all will play out..I mean I have an idea of the coarse it will take (which I'll talk about in a sec), but we really don't know how it will get there...I think where this arc has succeded is making Ichigo's power less predictable..I mean going into this final stage I'm not sure if he will achieve bankai, have to rely on "Hollichigo", or succeed with his normal cashe of power (with help I assume)...This is all good to me (Not-knowing for sure that is)...

The actual fighting style of this new Bounto was quite interesting aswell..His ability to play shinigami as game pieces in a card-game labryinth of fear was something I didn't expect..It's good to see some of them have intellectual abilities that creative and not just brute abilities like the rest...

Well it looks like this arc is finally hiting the apex...I can't see more than 5-8 more episodes...The stage is set, all the players are present (except the SS traitor) and it's time for a battle royale...Since Bleach rarely drags out an individual battle for more than 2 episodes it's clear to me there's not much left to happen...Everyone will fight..The mystery character will be revealed and Ichigo will kick major a$$ right before he is topped leaving Ishida to be the savoir of this arc with his abilities returning(I have no doubt this will happen, my anime intution tells me so)...I look forward to all of it...With maybe just 2 or 3 really sub-par episodes this arc has proven to be quite challenging IMO and serving to give character development to far more characters than I intially thought...

NoSanninWa
2006-07-15, 00:04
Anyone else notice that in the flashback of Hollow Ichigo, his eyes are glowing again? Looks like they realized their mistake from 82 and fixed it, seems like it was an error/bug from the episode itself and not necissarily left out on purpose as some had speculated. Image below.

Left ep 82, Right ep 88
Indeed. At the beginning of episode 83 when the recapped the scene from the previous episode, they had already corrected the animation.

debbiechan
2006-07-15, 07:13
Does anybody think Nemu would initiate a fight with Ishida? I personally don't think so - if I'd see some character development next week I'd probably wallow in joy simply because it's Nemu!

I have no idea how the episode is going to play, especially if there's supposed to be some sort of "versus" action going on as described in the title. The preview was disappointing. I was hoping that in order for events to tie into the manga, Ishida would collect some of the reiatsu he used while training with the sanrei glove at that waterfall location and use those capsules in subsequent gifhts

I am one of the few faithful to the anime during the Bound arc. It's well-thought out filler, albeit the irregular animation, extra fanservice, and OOC lapses. The new ending is great--nice artwork. The Bound, as villains, though, are exceedlingly lame characters. They're not scary--they're funny.

But Nova beats all, and that's why I watch.

random-no-sense
2006-07-18, 04:01
Probably Nova, and his 'wordless understanding ' with Chad that keeps me watching & waiting. That the four shinigamis got taken by suprised by the 'Dork Bounto' tricks i feel is lame. They just loves making the good guys look like total idiots...