PDA

View Full Version : Replica of Ichigo's Bankai sword

sorvani
2006-09-10, 18:31
I was doing some random web browsing this afternoon and i came across a company called True Swords (www.trueswords.com).

They've got a sweet looking replica of Ichigo's Bankai sword (http://www.trueswords.com/ichigo-bankai-sword-from-bleach-anime-tensa-zangetsu-manga-p-2556.html).

My mom has complained for the last several years i never give the family good gift ideas. I think i just found several years worth of them :D

KNETTER2000
2006-09-10, 18:44
That is kinda cool.... :D

Pity that these things will never ever get through customs here.. it will be confiscated.. :mad:

even when you say it's for a collection. :(

They should make a Shikai Zangetsu too.. 1/1 scale that is :D
I wonder if you can still lift that enormous thing :eyebrow: :heh:

taelmx
2006-09-10, 19:11
I already bought the "non-bankai" sword. Its really big......REALLY big........and my mom took it away....

sorvani
2006-09-10, 19:36
I already bought the "non-bankai" sword. Its really big......REALLY big........and my mom took it away....
bah tell her that one isn't even to scale.:twitch:

Hyperion
2006-09-10, 20:23
you mean this?

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/bleach_sword_ichigo_r1f_540.jpg

http://www.trueswords.com/ichigo-sword-from-bleach-anime-zangetsu-cutting-moon-manga-p-2088.html

Deathkillz
2006-09-10, 20:31
*jaw drops* one of the best novelty items lol
carry that around in the streets it just asking to be arrested :p

sedukshun
2006-09-10, 21:04
OMG!! solid steel?!?! lol

well if the cops ask u why u carryin around that huge sword,
jus explain u are a shinigami with huge reiatsu (sp)
and u are out to kill hollows to protect ppls lives

better job than they can do eh lol

~Destiny~
2006-09-10, 21:09
Has anyone here bought from this site? I have a few questions, first is wether or not this site is reliable, and I live in Canada, if I ordered from this site how long might it take to get here, and lastly is the quality of the swords any good, I read alot of good reviews about the swords on that site, but I thought I might as well ask here anyways.

Rurik
2006-09-11, 13:53
If oyu are surprised about its actual size, you will be more surpise of its actual weight, I can’t recall it, but that link should have it, as I normally browse in this web Page, I love swords.!!!

I have never bough in this page, but this page has been said to be the best source for getting exotic blades, not only from anime series but from movies, Games, and Legends.

Of course, I doubt you can do attacks like Ihichgo wiht his sword. :p

KNETTER2000
2006-09-11, 13:59

awww maaaannn...

Burst my bubble why don't you :(

:D

Flashdance
2006-09-11, 14:25
awww maaaannn...

Burst my bubble why don't you :(

:D

Well I think swinging that sword will be difficult enough regarding its size and weight... :p
The Blood Rayne Blades look kinda dangerous o.ô

KNETTER2000
2006-09-11, 15:40

just act really surprised when they start talking to you directly..

WHAT!! you can SEE me!!? you must be close to death! Where's the hollows at!!

And next time you open your eyes you're strapped to a bed and some docter is giving you another sedative.

taelmx
2006-09-11, 18:03
Has anyone here bought from this site? I have a few questions, first is wether or not this site is reliable, and I live in Canada, if I ordered from this site how long might it take to get here, and lastly is the quality of the swords any good, I read alot of good reviews about the swords on that site, but I thought I might as well ask here anyways.

I bought from them, just make sure that your mom doesn't see it, otherwise she will take it

Nuzzles
2006-09-11, 18:22
They seem far too cheap to actually be of good quality. I'd rather forge my own, but that wouldn't be happening any time soon.

Snubben_Pierre
2006-09-12, 09:26
If oyu are surprised about its actual size, you will be more surpise of its actual weight, I can’t recall it, but that link should have it, as I normally browse in this web Page, I love swords.!!!

hehe who doesnt love swords :D? im saving for a tatoo that is gonna go along my whole back, and of course its gonna be a badass sword :D even though i need about 2500 swedish kroners more :P
2500 = about 200-250 american dollars(i think ;P). hard to save for that when you go to school :( and want to party at the weekends.. ;P

They seem far too cheap to actually be of good quality. I'd rather forge my own, but that wouldn't be happening any time soon.

I was thinking of the price also, why so damn cheap? when ive searched for katanas to buy they cost about 8 - 10 times more..=/

after looking a while on that webpage, i noticed why they probably are so cheap, they look childish against the real professional swords. at least i thought so =/ at least many of the swords did.. but would be cool to hang up on the wall or something :D

IMSabbel
2006-09-12, 09:33
Well, you can get 50$ katanas, too. Just stamped steel, quick polish, cheap handle, and its dont.

The reason why you can get 15K$ katanas is just because there is a market for them from people who want to pay LOTS of premium for better quality and handwork, while for fangear that is mostly bought via pocketmoney that isnt true in the same extend.

Flashdance
2006-09-12, 14:23
after looking a while on that webpage, i noticed why they probably are so cheap, they look childish against the real professional swords. at least i thought so =/ at least many of the swords did.. but would be cool to hang up on the wall or something :D

Nope. The high quality katanas are hand-made thats why they are so expensive.
And the Swords on this website are probably made in a factory.
Maybe you also need some sort of license, to claim yourself a Katan forger. ;)

Rurik
2006-09-12, 14:34
Nope. The high quality katanas are hand-made thats why they are so expensive.
And the Swords on this website are probably made in a factory.
Maybe you also need some sort of license, to claim yourself a Katan forger. ;)

I think is more a certificate that you are a Sword forger, rather than a licence.

Or as that there are houses that have century old tradition in forging swords, So a Muramasa or Masamune Blade, should be very expensive.

So, it also depends who is the one making the blade, but yeah, those others that are not that expensive are mass produced.

Deathkillz
2006-09-12, 21:07

awh thats easy...anyone can do why hichigo does that is swing the sword above your head by holding onto the cloth bit :p
but i want to know is the sword thick, sharp enough to cut yourself or take off someone's head?

Rurik
2006-09-12, 21:45
awh thats easy...anyone can do why hichigo does that is swing the sword above your head by holding onto the cloth bit :p
but i want to know is the sword thick, sharp enough to cut yourself or take off someone's head?

:uhoh: I will say no, they don't have sharp edge, but lucky for you they also sell this:

http://www.trueswords.com/accusharp-knife-sharpner-green-p-1207.html

:heh: So you can go on to decapitate people wiht your Ichigo Bankai Sword.

Zu Ra
2006-09-13, 11:21
Long time ago I am not really sure there was this person who used to design Zanapkutos in CG with the help of 3d-Max and CAD ...

He posted his creations of Tensa Zangestu in Aug/Sep 05 in Bleach Portal .Here is the veiw

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/i_shinigami/1134222098_bankai_wallpaper.jpg

I think this one thought just created in CG looks better .The broken Chain link is very well showed .He did create many other zanpakutos in CG too.But by far this is his best work I guess

taelmx
2006-09-14, 12:47

Yes it is. I sliced through a peice of really hard wood with it to test it out and it sliced right through it because of the weight.

Deathkillz
2006-09-14, 13:19
Yes it is. I sliced through a peice of really hard wood with it to test it out and it sliced right through it because of the weight.

oh :O i want one now :D it would be a good bit of tool if i get a burgular in da house *evil laugh*

SladeX
2006-09-15, 16:43
I have the Tensa Zangetsu on order, according to the sales rep, it was already presharpened and could do some cardboard box cutting with ease.

Looking forward to getting this sword, next on the list is Masamune aka Sephiroth's sword. Ichigo's Shikai Zangetsu needs to be bigger.

Although I may be tempted to grab Link's Master sword and Lion-o's Sword of omens for my collection.

Mortis
2006-09-15, 17:35
it would be a good bit of tool
Soul Slayers aint tools :heh:

~Destiny~
2006-09-15, 18:45
*ssiiiggghh* I just got a reply from them and they said they don't ship to Canada, oh well:(

SladeX
2006-09-15, 22:27
there's no restrictions on swords to canada, as long as its not a firearm or replica, not a shruiken (throwing star) of any size (ie cross or x shaped), not a switchblade or a spring loaded blade, it's perfectly fine to import here.

PM me for more details.

chzon
2006-09-16, 02:51
Its still a weopon isn't it? Merchandise or not, it still can be used as a weopon. Guess it would be hard to get it around no?

~Destiny~
2006-09-16, 10:41
"I am very sorry, we are only able to ship to the USA "

At 02:41 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:

"Hello, I was thinking about ordering Katanas from your site, but I just want to ask how long might it take to ship to Canada"

Sooooo, i'm just taking that as they don't ship to Canada

Lotiman
2006-09-16, 12:10
I saw it in a store selling anime stuff. However, the one I saw is not the full size. It is just around 1 feet (mini size and in box). But the big one sure looks nice. I visited the website and it is great! They offer so many sword from various anime, movies.

Neomang5
2006-09-17, 14:03
Trueswords. They look nice at first, then you realize they arent so great.

The shikai Zangetsu is too small. I made my own 1/1 version (out of wood), and i measured it from many refrence shots to be at least 4 1/2 feet long, and a good bit thicker than that sword too. The hiltwrap is the most ugly bit in my opinion. Ichi's wrapping is more chaotic, with no real pattern. Then they change the wrapping color, dont wrap the end, and use a pattern that looks nothing like the original. Shoddy work.

Tensa Zangetsu is easier for them, because it's basically a normal Katana, with black steel. I'll give them more credit for this one, because they did do a good job with the crossguard (it looks more like the real one than i expected), but they overextended the handle to the point where it looks stupid. They also completely failed the chain. Too many links, and no broken link. It wouldnt be all that difficult to make that either. Use bigger links, and weld the last 2 together. Then cut the last one in 2. Voila.

In short, they're nice if they're all you can get, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy one.

SladeX
2006-09-17, 15:16
While I agree that Tensa Zangetsu needs a larger chain on the end, the broken link will probably fall off unless welded, also I think the larger chain looks too chunky, a nice medium sized chain would be nice. I think the size of the handle is perfectly matched to the sword. If you observe the size of Ichigo's hand versus the size of the handle, you can clearly count that four of his hands could hold it. It means it's not your typical size sword. If anything though, I don't think the size is the problem, its the number of wrappings on the handle, it seems the manga version has less.

In all it's a good effort on their part, I don't see many people being able to construct Tensa Zangetsu anytime soon in their garage for what is being charged for this sword.

The Shikai version is hideous though. It's much too small first off. The chaotic wrapping of the anime doesn't help.

Red-Razor
2006-09-17, 15:50
MMM nice :P but just look on ebay and search for

Bankai sword

then you find that sword 176 cm long or somthing not that is long

SladeX
2006-09-17, 16:24
A sword that is 176cm is not that long???

It's 5 feet 8 inches.

Actually 172cm.

That would reach about my nose when comparing size.

By contrast, most katana's on average are around 40-50 inches.

ODLxMk
2006-09-19, 02:54
I bought it. I'm a sucker for a huge blade...esp a black one! :p

Interesting tho, they mention 28lbs for shipping weight to justify their absurd $25 shipping charge.

I found a free shipping code online (freeship125 or something like that) for orders over $125 (i bought two, one's for a buddy)...and the shipping came out to be $42ish, but like i said...i used a coupon which discounted it to $0.

Fedex tracking number comes...the shipping weight for TWO of these supposedly 28lb/each blades is .... 15lbs.

Probably just billed @ 28lbs due to the size, but i hope they didn't go cheap on me with the shipping because i used a coupon.

Scheduled to come in friday, so we'll see.

I'll put up pics in here then too :p

ODLxMk
2006-09-19, 03:01
*ssiiiggghh* I just got a reply from them and they said they don't ship to Canada, oh well:(

Interesting... you might want to bring up with them that they offer the Sephiroth blade for canada (at least in the description).

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-sephiroth-masamune-sword-p-7.html

If not, sorry :( You can always try ebay...

lommm
2006-09-19, 05:13
they have some can swords, and a rattan cane that looks similar to benihime, but i want a cane sword is a benihime replica.... i will add the little flaming skull if it doesn't come with it....

i think that would be a cool sword

chris
2006-09-21, 12:14
ok, i want to clear some things up, first thing is the bleach replica banki sword. I had a chance this week to see the sword in person, I was not impressed it is a half tang sword and was made of stainless steal, what this means is it would not stand up to a hand forged katana. Now having said that it would be cool to have one to hang on the wall. Its just not good for practical use. As well as the regular bleach sword i found to be small in fact they where both small. Now on to the 2nd item someone mentioned sharpening a sword with the accusharp knife sharpener. I have one, it isnt ment for swords its for knifes, it says so right on the back of the box and you would ruin your sword if you where to use it.

SladeX
2006-09-21, 23:19
sweet mother of mercy I just got the sword today.

This is my first impression...

HOLY SHIT THE BOX IS BIG. It's taller than me and I'm 5 10...

Second impression...

It says 10lbs on the shipping label, but I've got some 10 lb weights lying around that feel a hell of a lot lighter than this.

Third impression
shipping foam + styrofoal is messy!

Fourth impression...

Sweet mother of mamaries... this sword IS 5 8!!! It's long... too damn long... It makes a great sephiroth sword (which incidently is what it is based off of.

Fifth impression...

the realistic view, I'm too damn short to wield this blade.
let's put this in perspective, my practice katana, which is meant for my size resembles a wakikashi compared to tensa zangetsu.

pics when I find my camera!

SladeX
2006-09-21, 23:21
Another thought, if Byakuya saw this sword with Ichigo, he would NOT have mentioned it to be a small thing.

Lumir
2006-09-22, 00:56
Very intresting!!! If anyone gets ahold of the Sephiroth sword and the bankai one post pics!!! Depending on what i read and see i might order them!!!

ODLxMk
2006-09-22, 20:41
Minor gripes with it (aka wish the blade was anodized black instead of what looks to be painted/powdercoated black...the finish isn't 100% smooth at some spots), and wish it was full tang to balance out the weight of it slightly...

But otherwise, very decent for something that's going to sit on the shelf. The nazi sign looking thing (whatever it's called), i feared to be plastic, but it's actually metal, which was a relief...

http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai1.jpg
http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai2.jpg
http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai3.jpg
http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai4.jpg

Also bought these har har har

http://www.mathewkwan.com/batman.jpg

Hyperion
2006-09-23, 01:23
wow......i must order one of these....

alazar
2006-09-29, 21:34
has anyone bought this sword ? If so i was wondering if its good like look wise and quality, i know its not actual size but is it too small or its decent size, and does it look right or not, so i was wondering if its worth buying, cuse they dont show a good shot of the sword its self so if u have pics that would help alot too , thank you very much if u can help me , XD

Killa_hurtz
2006-09-29, 22:08
I really wish some company would step up and do these swords justice...

I mean damn...it's not that hard to anadize metal a specific color, and I look at the site...the Tensa Zangetsu is made of CARBON-Steel so it's a whole hell of lot easier to break.

I want a Zangetsu I can hold in my hands, swing it around, and have it feel real, without worry of it falling to pieces

Killa_hurtz
2006-09-29, 22:11
I don't think it is...it's not even close to actual size

SladeX
2006-09-29, 23:11

I mean damn...it's not that hard to anadize metal a specific color, and I look at the site...the Tensa Zangetsu is made of CARBON-Steel so it's a whole hell of lot easier to break.

I want a Zangetsu I can hold in my hands, swing it around, and have it feel real, without worry of it falling to pieces

Carbon steel

wikipedia lesson time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_steel

stainless steel is about as cheap as it can get, carbon steel a step up, but don't kid yourself into thinking it's a real sword capable of going through goza or bamboo well

a true folded sword will be carbon steel AND folded 1000 times over with a edge that retains a high hardness factor for cutting, while the back edge a softer hardness factor to absorb shock.

mcicy
2006-09-30, 00:41
I have to admit I have the Rurouni Kenshin Reverse Blade sword at the moment, proudly displayed in my living room, but I would love Cloud's Buster Swod and both of Ichigo's Blades, just need to saveup a bit for them all

alazar
2006-09-30, 12:00
can anyone post pictures of the replica zangetsu cutting moon sword please, that would help me out alot.

jinxycat
2006-09-30, 18:03
ok a few things i have to say. 1st is i love bleach and i love zangetsu.

the only replica i have been able to track down of the shikai form looks totally and utterly shat. poo, crap its not zangetsu is what im basically trying to say. it looks about as good as the cloud busta swords i have seen online although to be fair its 1 piece construction as opposed to couds wooden handled piece of cheap crap.

when will people learn if your gonna make a replica of something, make an expensive one or at least a mid range one, doont go cheap cos its not cool.

i want a good £200 or appro $390 replica of it i want it to be full sized and accurate to the "real" zangetsu. i know i would barely be able to swing it, but it would make a nice display piece.

ok while im on that. is it me or is tensa zangetsu not a curved katana, it looks to me to be a straight katana and so the curved replica is not accurate.

i did just check to be sure and i may be wrong, but i dont think i am.

i want a proper version of zangetsu and i would be willing to pay. have you seen the ultr violet swords that were going. they looked cool.

its like the kill bill and last samuri crap replicas they made. rat tail tang pieces of shit.

anyway, thats all i have to say.

ODLxMk
2006-09-30, 19:16
^^I've seen it drawn both ways, so it's actually up to your interpretation. This pic shows it curved a bit.

http://www.bleachpictures.com/albums/Bleach%20Scans/Bleach-Scans-119.jpg

You're right...it wouldn't have been that much harder to anodize the metal, but really, for a display piece, i'm totally content with the version i bought. The black is still shiney like a blade, and the ripples i mentioned are very minor and not very noticeable (3 spots that are ~5mm big...i'm just anal). It's better than 95% of the other pieces out there, and I really don't have any major complaints about it. If you're so adament on a 100% perfect piece, go hire a metal fabricator to make one, esp if you're willing to pay top dollar. Then your one off piece will be the envy of everyone :D

ScytheBlade
2006-09-30, 22:53
That sword is at the very most 1:2 scale.

Ichigo's Shikai is literally as tall as himself and then some. His sword should be around 7 feet or so.

Expect to pay twice as much (or more) for his REAL Shikai sword to scale. I do not know how the hell you are going to get it shipped to you, though.

Zu Ra
2006-10-01, 04:55
Was browsing through wallpapers the other day found this intresting one with Tensa Zangetsu . I did not design it

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2866/1156521045ichigoav4.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1156521045ichigoav4.jpg)

alazar
2006-10-01, 19:10
So has anyone bought the zangetsu shikai version sword ? if so could u post pictures of it like the other guy did with the bankai one. please and thank you ;)

ScytheBlade
2006-10-01, 20:22
Its still a weopon isn't it? Merchandise or not, it still can be used as a weopon. Guess it would be hard to get it around no?
Scissors can be used as a weapon. Should we start banning scissors now?
What about a a 4x4 piece of wood? I'm sure you could kill someone in the back of the head with you wanted to.
What about metal pipes and crowbars? Those should be banned too.

The object itself is not the danger. It is the person that is holding it that makes it dangerous.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-09, 22:49

sorry to come out of the blue but i saw this forum and this quote has disdurbed me, i am an amateur sword smith and i have to get this out in the open, everyone thinks carbon steel is weaker than stainless steel, let me let you guys in on something, carbon steel isnt weaker, its actually a hell lot stronger, only difference between carbon steel and stainless steel is carbon steel doesn't have chromium in it liek stainless steel does so carbon steel swords have to be polished once or twice a week but if you get a carbon steel sword that has a black powder coat paint finish then you don't have ot polish it cause the paint protects the steel from rusting, i am sorry to sound like an ass but i needed to get this out in the open because its bad business for us sword smiths who make custom made swords from clients designs, carbon steel hand forged swords are not week, they are actually capable of snapping through somethign made of stainless steel and any sword you buy thats made of stainless steel is not combat useable so never use it, it will break easily and when the blade snaps it can become a deadly porjectile and its not safe. please take my advice and stay away from stainless steel swords, they are more dangerous than a good hand forged sword, you can end up killing someone on acident and it could leed up to involentary man slaughter in a court house.

NoSanninWa
2006-10-09, 22:55
i am sorry to sound like an ass
Actually, we quite appreciate hearing from a professional who actually knows what he is talking about. Thank you for the information.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-09, 23:01
Glad to of helped, if there is anything else anyone wants to know about just ask, I am more than willing to give you the answers you seek

chris
2006-10-10, 04:10
wow, i was hoping som1 would say that, I made my mistake the first time by getting a stainless steal sword (despite being warned by a friend) a few weeks after it arived i was unsatisfied so i had a sword hand forged. There is nothing like a good solid hand foraged katana :P

alazar
2006-10-10, 22:43
What do u guys think of this shikai zangetsu ? http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000I6LJBK.01-ARWV3TROZGIFR._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59075679_.jpg

it has a length 52" width 6" blade 46" comes with sheath and stand. (so it says). , found at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000I6LJBK/ref=dp_olp_2/102-3772861-7205704?ie=UTF8

and i realy want a shikai zangetsu so i was wondering if the replicas they have like besides the one above and that one if there any good , and were is the best place to buy it, ex. topswords.com , trueswords.com, amazon.com , toysnjoys.com,

been a tuff decision so i could use some help thnkx :D

ichii
2006-10-11, 08:26
are those blades sharp? :D

Flashdance
2006-10-12, 10:34
are those blades sharp? :D

It doesnt matter, because you could always sharpen them, couldnt you? ;)

NoSanninWa
2006-10-12, 17:06
Actually if you sharpen the bankai, it will scrape off the black surface. :(

Rurik
2006-10-12, 17:21
Actually if you sharpen the bankai, it will scrape off the black surface. :(

I never tough of that…well, You can always find a good black Spray :D

Masashi
2006-10-15, 14:53
Holy crap, well, I saw a few swords that ship to canada so i'm half way there,
where did I put my wallet? -goes and searches- While i'm searching, I shall think of funny and ironic ways to use these swords.

I believe someone mentioned getting his outfit and carrying the sword out and if cops ask you what your doing you say, "What!?! You can see me?? You must be close to death, ok tell me where the hollow is" then you get sent to a mental hospital.

$5 they shoot me first <x]

Ero-Espada
2006-10-15, 17:04
Yea i saw these swords advertised somewhere (i cant remember where) i seriously wanna buy Sephiroths sword off of there. A friend of mine bought a 'The Last Samurai' movie replica sword off there and he says its really good quality.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-18, 11:21
if your planning one swinging it around i wouldn't recommend you to buy anything stainless steel but if your buying it for display only then i would recommend checking out ebay, sworddemon.com, swordsswords.com or trueswords.com

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-18, 11:23
What do u guys think of this shikai zangetsu ?

it has a length 52" width 6" blade 46" comes with sheath and stand. (so it says). , found at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...205704?ie=UTF8

and i realy want a shikai zangetsu so i was wondering if the replicas they have like besides the one above and that one if there any good , and were is the best place to buy it, ex. topswords.com , trueswords.com, amazon.com , toysnjoys.com,

been a tuff decision so i could use some help thnkx

if your planning one swinging it around i wouldn't recommend you to buy anything stainless steel but if your buying it for display only then i would recommend checking out ebay, sworddemon.com, swordsswords.com or trueswords.com

matsuno
2006-10-19, 00:18
Actually, if your planning to swing around a sword for some technical use with a friend, then blunted blades, which have no edge and made of Carbon steel is the preferred weapon of choise. As even with Carbon steel, the blade can chip and such and having a metal splinter or such catch you on an opening is not the nicest thing at all. Overall, you would be best with fencing Epées or with Kendo swords. Theres nothing wrong with them if you really intend to hit another with it.

Like these people have stated, for even just swinging around CArbon Steel is the way to go, but lets make one thing clear, at least for Canada, carrying a large visible weapon is a criminal offence in and of itself, and the only exception is a liscence to use it, and to use it in a sanctioned area.

optics
2006-10-19, 01:32
Those are hella kool, I'm gonna have to order one of those one day. I saw a Master Sword replica the other day on someones site, but it looks better than the one on the site.

Ichigo's sword = 3 1/2 feet = :dots: only!?

ScytheBlade
2006-10-19, 01:33
Those are hella kool, I'm gonna have to order one of those one day. I saw a Master Sword replica the other day on someones site, but it looks better than the one on the site.

Ichigo's sword = 3 1/2 feet = :dots: only!?

Yes... 7 feet would be too costly.

optics
2006-10-19, 01:36
Yes... 7 feet would be too costly.

aha I'd pay double to get one 7 feet

I wonder if they can make Tidus's sword from FFX.... yenno the one with the water blade aha

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-19, 22:12
Actually, if your planning to swing around a sword for some technical use with a friend, then blunted blades, which have no edge and made of Carbon steel is the preferred weapon of choise. As even with Carbon steel, the blade can chip and such and having a metal splinter or such catch you on an opening is not the nicest thing at all. Overall, you would be best with fencing Epées or with Kendo swords. Theres nothing wrong with them if you really intend to hit another with it.

Like these people have stated, for even just swinging around CArbon Steel is the way to go, but lets make one thing clear, at least for Canada, carrying a large visible weapon is a criminal offence in and of itself, and the only exception is a liscence to use it, and to use it in a sanctioned area.

actually a blunt carbon steel blade wont splinter or crack given that its of higher content such as 1075 carbon steel, 1080 carbon steel, 1090 carbon steel and 5160 and that heat treatment and tempering is also done correctly. I've made a bunch of blunt swords because most people speciffically martial artists use them more for Kata ( practicing of any martial arts forms is known as kata) excersizes unless they are doing cutting excersizes. stainless steel swords arent for swinging around at all, in the sword world we call them " wall hangers" or " SLO's"( SLo means " sword like object") and can fall apart on you or worse.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-19, 22:15
aha I'd pay double to get one 7 feet

I wonder if they can make Tidus's sword from FFX.... yenno the one with the water blade aha

an actual replica much better than the stainless crapys ones floating around on ebay can be made but it would weigh too much and you would strain yourself trying to lift it. the water blade your talkign about is called " the brotherhood".

Supreme1
2006-10-23, 17:41
Heh, to tell you the truth i bought one of the Ichigo Bankai swords. I received it about a week ago and it is very tall and well made i am 6,3 and this thing has to be 6 foot 2 probably, Although the blades quite dull i am thinking of sharpening it sometime soon just the pain will be getting the black coating back on it.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-26, 09:29
Heh, to tell you the truth i bought one of the Ichigo Bankai swords. I received it about a week ago and it is very tall and well made i am 6,3 and this thing has to be 6 foot 2 probably, Although the blades quite dull i am thinking of sharpening it sometime soon just the pain will be getting the black coating back on it.

actually its not well made at all, i am 6'3 too and the sword is only 5 foot 8 inches tall, the blade is 50 inches long and the handle is 18 inches long cause in total the whole sword length is 68 inches, i ordered one of these swords for myself and actually i broke the blade in half within less than 30 minutes of owning it, its not well made, no stainless steel sword is well made, the habaki is all bent out of shape the tsuba has dents in it from the habaki and the blade snapped into 3 pieces, now im gonna keep the Fuchi and Kashira from the handle of the sword and im going to make my own version that will be made of 5160 high carbon steel and when i am finished forging it im going to send it off to be black powder coat painted along with some seppa, a better tsuba that will look exactly like the swastika tsuba that the sword came with and i'll have it powder coat painted and the habaki too and then i will post pictures of it if you guys would like, i will post step by step of the sword being forged.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-26, 09:49
on another note i also bought the cosplay Bankai costume off of ebay, here are the pictures from the ebay i bought it from
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/shinji_1988/bankaicostumepicture1.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/shinji_1988/bankaicostumepicture2.jpg

Neomang5
2006-10-27, 01:46
That is actually not a bad costume at all. Since you're buying it off ebay, it may not fit quite right, but the look is nice. Personally though, I'd rip and fray the ends of the jacket a bit more to get more of the look the actual outfit has.

Also, how are you supposed to keep the bottom of the jacket open? Safety pins? or is there something else included to hold it open like Ichigo has it?

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-27, 16:38
That is actually not a bad costume at all. Since you're buying it off ebay, it may not fit quite right, but the look is nice. Personally though, I'd rip and fray the ends of the jacket a bit more to get more of the look the actual outfit has.

Also, how are you supposed to keep the bottom of the jacket open? Safety pins? or is there something else included to hold it open like Ichigo has it?

there isnt a way to keep it open but i got an idea and actually i had to modifie the Hakama from the costume cause the guy who made it gave it velcro sides which is totally wrong and i cut those off then folded the areas where i cut off and sewed those, and as for keeping the coat open you can always take two clothes hangers and straighten them out and then open the seem where the white line is and then stick the hangers in the white line and then sew it back up, but im not worried about keeping it open

Shabazza
2006-10-28, 05:55
I hope you just buy them for visuals and don't even consider swinging them around like "OMG I'M SO STRONG. LOOK AT ME. I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE"

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-30, 18:18
lmfao, basically thats what i've been trying to tell people about buying stainless steel swords, but then again its not really a good idea to go outside swinging a carbon steel sword either even though a carbon steel handforged sword is better you'll still end up looking like a dork unless you know what your doing.

Atuin Blue
2006-10-30, 23:07
i think a friend of mine is getting me the short version of Tensa Zangetsu, im fairly sure it's the same as the big one, but its meant to be usable for practicing kata (i do katori yay :P) anyways i wanted to know if the sword has a full tang or if im gonna have to weld somehting onto it so i can practice with it.

WarpObscura
2006-10-31, 00:27
now im gonna keep the Fuchi and Kashira from the handle of the sword and im going to make my own version that will be made of 5160 high carbon steel and when i am finished forging it im going to send it off to be black powder coat painted along with some seppa, a better tsuba that will look exactly like the swastika tsuba that the sword came with and i'll have it powder coat painted and the habaki too and then i will post pictures of it if you guys would like, i will post step by step of the sword being forged.

Please do. I daresay most of us would be interested in seeing photos of a real smith's handicraft.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-31, 11:21
i think a friend of mine is getting me the short version of Tensa Zangetsu, im fairly sure it's the same as the big one, but its meant to be usable for practicing kata (i do katori yay :P) anyways i wanted to know if the sword has a full tang or if im gonna have to weld somehting onto it so i can practice with it.

the short version is the same as the big version, its not full tang at all and i wouldn't recommend using it for kata, its not a good idea cause these swords arent well made, it will fall apart or break.....its just for display only dude.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-31, 11:25
Please do. I daresay most of us would be interested in seeing photos of a real smith's handicraft.

i will but now i have to build a new forge cause my old one is like broken, rust ate big holes in it so heat escapes from it, and i wont start working on my own version for awhile, i have a few orders i have to do first which is a claymore, a katana, a rapier, another katana and a zweihander.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-10-31, 22:21
actually i mentioned those websites on page 4 if you look back

Atuin Blue
2006-11-01, 16:02
the short version is the same as the big version, its not full tang at all and i wouldn't recommend using it for kata, its not a good idea cause these swords arent well made, it will fall apart or break.....its just for display only dude.

I read in several places that the 68" version was full tang, but it would be understandable that the short one wouldnt be, especially when you can buy it for 14$ some places, lol!
i just thought it might be fun to re-fit it with a tang and a properly-weighted handle and maybe that chain bit that they were talking about earlier in the thread, just for the novelty that i COULD actually use it for kata, cause the blade is 440 steel right? it woudl be fine for [non contact] swinging around, but cuase of the laquering i would never be using it for Tameshigiri (test cutting) or fencing (clashing blades for the suck).

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-01, 16:41
I read in several places that the 68" version was full tang, but it would be understandable that the short one wouldnt be, especially when you can buy it for 14$ some places, lol!
i just thought it might be fun to re-fit it with a tang and a properly-weighted handle and maybe that chain bit that they were talking about earlier in the thread, just for the novelty that i COULD actually use it for kata, cause the blade is 440 steel right? it woudl be fine for [non contact] swinging around, but cuase of the laquering i would never be using it for Tameshigiri (test cutting) or fencing (clashing blades for the suck).

dude, both versions arent full tang, they only say it is so that it will sell for more and more, if someone actually was honest about sellign one of these swords you would find out that they arent worth more than 30 bucks

Atuin Blue
2006-11-01, 18:10
hehehehe yeh i figured as much, its all in fun anyways.

eventually im gonna have to go to japan and buy a $4,000 sword for proper sword drawing practice anyways.

but what about refitting them? a friend of mine has the tools to do it, wouldnt it be easy enough to put on a tang or even just a rat tail tang? and then you could just re-fit another handle.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-01, 20:49
hehehehe yeh i figured as much, its all in fun anyways.

eventually im gonna have to go to japan and buy a $4,000 sword for proper sword drawing practice anyways.

but what about refitting them? a friend of mine has the tools to do it, wouldnt it be easy enough to put on a tang or even just a rat tail tang? and then you could just re-fit another handle.

actually you can't go to japan and leave with the sword, international trade law says japanese can't sell swords to outsiders cause of a type of sword they have ( which i forgot its name cause its hard to remember) but the thing is damn near impossible to break and thats why they wont sell any swords to outsiders, also i sure could fit a new handle on it but don't go with a rat tail tang, its not a good tang but yeah i can make a new handle if you send me the sword and all of its parts and then i'll mail it back to you, PM me about anything further

Atuin Blue
2006-11-01, 20:57
im pretty sure you can have the swords shipped with a special passport and permission of the owner and some other paper work, i know its pretty complicated, but people at my dojo have had several weapons shipped from japan, im sure of it.

indestructable sword eh? are you talking about a kind of katana, or is it something else?

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-01, 21:46
im pretty sure you can have the swords shipped with a special passport and permission of the owner and some other paper work, i know its pretty complicated, but people at my dojo have had several weapons shipped from japan, im sure of it.

indestructable sword eh? are you talking about a kind of katana, or is it something else?

yeah , its a katana, but anyways if your going to have me make a new tsuka for the sword then you should let me know in advance so i can set aside time to make it, it wont take long and it wont cost anything, you can go to other handle makers to make one but they arent cheap, this one guy Fred Lohman charges over 200 dollars for a handle, i charge nothing

SladeX
2006-11-01, 22:01
I'm sorry but no sword is indestructable, just strong, but a bad swing can wreck the best forged sword available.

Second, there is no japanese law about no selling swords internationally or not to foreigners, but for the person importing the sword into their home country there are laws governing what you can import.

My sensei has a few authentic hand forged blades given to him when he attained his Sixth dan.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-01, 22:09
I'm sorry but no sword is indestructable, just strong, but a bad swing can wreck the best forged sword available.

Second, there is no japanese law about no selling swords internationally or not to foreigners, but for the person importing the sword into their home country there are laws governing what you can import.

My sensei has a few authentic hand forged blades given to him when he attained his Sixth dan.

first i didn't say it was indestructable, i said it was damn near it and the reason why is because of the way they forge this type of katana, its been outlawed because of its strength and durability, and if there wasnt an international trade law then why does it state that if you get caught by customs they are to take the sword away to be destroyed on spot or if the sword is of any historical value they are to take it to a muesem?

SladeX
2006-11-02, 02:03
The law that exists in Japan regarding swords has nothing to do with the strength or how damn strong the blade may be. The law concerns and applies to historical relics. No japanese katana determined to be created in pre modern times is to be exported as they are treated as cultural treasures that belong to the country.

Japan has a lot of laws set in place to preserve anything of cultural and historical significance. This not only applies to swords, but anything of cultural and historical significance.

If a sword was to be created using the finest iron/steel available, forged in a traditional japanese forge in the method that makes it extremely durable and valuable, it STILL can be sold to exporters or internationally to those willing to pay.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-03, 20:43
Who wants to see my goofy dorky self in my ichigo costume? :D

Atuin Blue
2006-11-04, 03:44
ooo oo o o oo meee me me me!! :P

NoSanninWa
2006-11-04, 04:20
That's fine, but please post your picture in an appropriate thread like Post a Photo of Yourself!

Wervy
2006-11-04, 08:22
Take it from someone who bought them, they are both garbage.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9369/dscf0004at6.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0004at6.jpg)

1. both of them have writing on them, the bankai version has white writing on both sides (made in china/stainless steel) and the other one has stainless steel written on it, very noticeable and very ulgy.
2. the bankai version is glued together, you cant replace any of the parts.
3. the sheath for both of them has a tendency to scrape the paint (black parts) the blade. The black parts of the blade for the regular version isnt exactly done well anyways, very uneven.
4. The regular version sword's wrapping is very low quality and will unravel very easily, by which I mean the threads in the wrapping and not the wrapping its self (I think it might even be lightly glued).

nolanvoid
2006-11-04, 10:02
Yeah we just picked up both the bankai and fish knife sword as well as the 9' sephiroth sword to our list of bladed niceness

We are currently at a convention in Destin, Florida right now.

We're Half full studios, proudly providing sweet swords, gashapons, plushies and anything else we think we can foist off onto the anime fan community.

If you're in the area, come look for us. ( I'm not there, because I have things to do, back here in Dallas )

Atuin Blue
2006-11-04, 11:48
it seems to me like it shouldnt be that hard to redo the handles on either of them if you really care about it.

the thing you gotta remember is that these are bassically cheap display pieces, thier assembly is poor like you described because they arent meants to see action, ever.

i think that the metal is good enough quality to use, especially if you're careful and know how to use a sword, but yeh teh tang on the bankai one is wrong and the handle wraping for both of them is prolly pretty flimsy, and i've heard that the bankai one tends to stick in the saya because of the laquering (which woudl peel it off eventually) so yeh, if you want a "high performance" version of either of these swords you prolly need a custom order from someone like our friend Tensa Zangetsu X here.
numerous places in this thread people have pointed out all kinds of things that are really good ideas for making a more acurate and usable version of this sword, but my estimate is that it woudl cost quite a bit to do all that, lol. retail versions would be somewhere in teh ball park of $150-$200, and im sure custom orders arent cheaper. ;)

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-04, 13:06
Take it from someone who bought them, they are both garbage.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9369/dscf0004at6.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0004at6.jpg)

1. both of them have writing on them, the bankai version has white writing on both sides (made in china/stainless steel) and the other one has stainless steel written on it, very noticeable and very ulgy.
2. the bankai version is glued together, you cant replace any of the parts.
3. the sheath for both of them has a tendency to scrape the paint (black parts) the blade. The black parts of the blade for the regular version isnt exactly done well anyways, very uneven.
4. The regular version sword's wrapping is very low quality and will unravel very easily, by which I mean the threads in the wrapping and not the wrapping its self (I think it might even be lightly glued).

Actually the construction of the tensa zangetsu sword doesn't matter, i broke mine and took its parts, only part i am using are the Fuchi which is the cap thing on the top of the handle right before the tsuba ( tsuba is the japanese word for the guard) and the kashira which is the part at the end of the handle.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-04, 13:15
retail versions would be somewhere in teh ball park of $150-$200, and im sure custom orders arent cheaper. ;)

you would have to go way higher on the retail, try something like $1,600
and up, parts and other things it takes to make a sword arent cheap ( i mean just the parts basically) but ordering the steel alone is exspensive, it costs like almost 100 dollars for one little piece of steel, and sets of fuchi and kashira run for about 75 dollars, a hand made tsuba goes for over 200, a good quality habaki runs for 200 dollars, and stingray skin which is the bumpy stuff you see under the wrap on handles of some swords isnt cheap either and its not easy to get ahold of its very exspensive.

Atuin Blue
2006-11-04, 13:20
lololol

i wasnt talking THAT high quality, you can do a decent job with machine made parts if the assembly isnt crappy, and it will function, thoes might be around 150-200 range, but yeh if you want a handmade one thats real good and all, yeh its gonna be like $1000 minimum, and for all that custom work it would probably be upwards of $1600-1800, yur totally right on all that.

Atuin Blue
2006-11-04, 14:53
wheee! i made dis on bryce 5.5
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8678/tensazangetsu04po1.jpg

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-04, 15:33
thats pretty good, well done. this also gives me an idea.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-05, 17:20
I'm not sure if i should try but I'm gonna try to make an actual 5 foot long Zangetsu sword along with the Tensa Zangetsu sword I am already going to make, it might be hard and take me a few trys but I'm sure I might be able to do it.

physics223
2006-11-05, 19:39
I think Ichigo's bankai sword - if made well - will function quite well as a real sword. I can't say the same for his shikai sword, however.

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-05, 23:30
I think Ichigo's bankai sword - if made well - will function quite well as a real sword. I can't say the same for his shikai sword, however.

both will be well made only the shikai one will be very heavy, too heavy to use and too heavy to hang on a wall but you can always stand it up in a corner.

Atuin Blue
2006-11-08, 02:08
Nothing is too heavy for a true samurai warrior! *picks up zangestu* oh god!! my baaack!!!!!11!!!!1! aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

btw i got my tensa zangetsu, its very nice, nicer than i thought it would be, honestly. Its a very nice sword for a cheap display piece. seems like it could be a tad sharper, but it matters not.

i tried to do some drawing practice with it (drawing the sword from it's sheath properly and fast) and it works alright, but i can really tell how disweighted it is from the lack of tang, and i can feel the rat tail tang when i rattle it a little (we wont be doing that again lol ;) )

anyways, im thinking now just to leave it as a display piece and get a different sword for cutting shit. it just makes mroe sense to me to get my sword another partner ;)

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-09, 23:25
lol, i warned ya it would be heavy, but yeah you should get another sword for cutting, only thing is what is the legal age law for ownign a sword for where you live?

Atuin Blue
2006-11-10, 02:09
yeh i've heard bad things aobut weapon laws here, in california that is, but im pretty sure im old enough.

Azriel
2006-11-12, 02:16
wicked sick...i wonder if our local but very talented craftsmen here can replicate that...;)

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-13, 23:33
I just found out something awesome, the files i use for the fine work i do on my blades, the files are all made of 1080-1095 carbon steel, that means when these get old and wont work anymore i can forge them into knives.....

Atuin Blue
2006-11-16, 18:27
wow, what size are they? like keychain knife size? or like hunting knife of doom size?

Tensa Zangetsu X
2006-11-18, 14:59
hunting knife of Ðoom size. :D

Wong82
2006-11-22, 22:02
if anyone is in the san francisco area.. theres a sword shop in japantown that i believe has the bankai sword and i think it was for 50 bucks... looked small but it looked really similar

AKDieseL
2006-11-22, 22:30
That Tenza Zangetsu image is my wallpaper now, thanks for that

Atuin Blue
2006-11-22, 23:08
hehehe, np ^_^ im glad you like it so much.

ichigen
2006-12-08, 20:22
http://www.twiggystreasures.com has a full scale version of the cutting moon. I Would still buy this even though it might be low qaulity. It is designed like some one said (forgot who) to look at and not swing. I collected a lot of Mcfarelane figures all of which are still in its original package and im looking to start to collect swords. So, for any fan/collecter I would say no matter what this is a good buy, im looking on getting Clouds Buster sword several key blades and www.swordswords.com has the prince of persia warrior within double blades...but another reason why I would recomend twiggys is becuase both versions of the Cutting Moon comes with a display stand for free, I believe.

Martek
2006-12-13, 03:35
Something that has been bugging me for a while about the replica shikai swords...

The spine of the blade in the replicas is mostly straight as the edge of a ruler. From what I remember the spine in the anime and manga is actually curved to the same degree as a normal Katana (straight for a bit from the tsuba, and then curving more as it gets further out).

So, just as a comment to anyone making a new replica of the Shikai Zangetsu. Please don't make the spine STRAIGHT! It looks like such trash that way and everytime I see it I cringe.

The little keychains you can buy are very accurate physical manifestations I think. I got one and loved it. So use that for your model or source shape.

http://www.myimportstore.com/store/images/Anime/BleachZangetsu.jpg

Calico131
2006-12-13, 15:48
Acually i like that keychain. I gotta get myself one of those.

gmino
2007-04-24, 23:21
HI, I'm new and I was wondering, is the smaller bankai sword really that fragile. I mean I'm not going to go hit a tree or swing it like a mad man, but can it handle just some poses and light swings. The ask because my friends and I make movies and this is going to be my new sword, he dont smack the swords but I was just wanting to make sure it wasn't going to just fall off with one time being drawn out of the scabbard.

Cheezy
2007-04-25, 00:58
Yeah, i saw it before while browsing for swords :P

KNETTER2000
2007-04-25, 03:31
I just remembered a commercial I saw once for steel katana's of crappy grade...

RWsQQX_QyPU

I doubt the are the high grade Carbon Steel Tensa Zangetsu was talking about a few pages back

So be carefull when swinging around your replica Zangetsu or your replica Tensa Zangetsu :D

Atuin Blue
2007-04-25, 03:32
HI, I'm new and I was wondering, is the smaller bankai sword really that fragile. I mean I'm not going to go hit a tree or swing it like a mad man, but can it handle just some poses and light swings. The ask because my friends and I make movies and this is going to be my new sword, he dont smack the swords but I was just wanting to make sure it wasn't going to just fall off with one time being drawn out of the scabbard.

I've done Batojustu with this sword, not cutting a target of course. but i can prove that it holds up just fine with high-speed drawing. it always helps if you know what you're doing, thought. even with the smoothest, most pristine blades, if you don't know how to draw properly, then attempting high-speed draws could damage your sword and/or scabbard and/or yourself. I have seen someone cut off their own thumb because their sword jammed in the scabbard and they foolishly tried to force it because they were in the middle of a demonstration.

Atuin Blue
2007-04-25, 03:37
I just remembered a commercial I saw once for steel katana's of crappy grade...

RWsQQX_QyPU

I doubt the are the high grade Carbon Steel Tensa Zangetsu was talking about a few pages back

So be carefull when swinging around your replica Zangetsu or your replica Tensa Zangetsu :D

muahahhahaha, :p i remember seeing this ages ago. and yes you are very right, this is what can happen if you mistreat ANY sword, let alone swords as crappy as those. with the tensa zangetsu replica, the smaller one anyways, i still think it's more likely it will break at the handle if you put too much force on it.

KNETTER2000
2007-04-25, 03:49
I have absolutely no knowledge about how or where they will break.. the katana in the footage snapped a few inches away from the handle after being tapped on a block :D

Still, I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of a blind flailing Tensa Zangetsu tip that's traveling at high velocity in the direction of my chest, even if it is a cheap imitation of the real thing :D (hmm.. technically there's no real thing.. )

Red Herring
2007-04-25, 05:55
Holy crap at this thread. There goes this week's paycheck.

gmino
2007-04-25, 17:23
Yeah I think I'm going to buy it then because I just love the look of it. I'm not going to be hitting anything with it, plus it will look awsome in a movie with some special effects. Thanks for the help.

Islaya
2007-04-26, 12:45
I bought Tensa Zangetsu from a sword store in my local mall. They had shikai Zangetsu too, but they sold it before I could get it. They have Zabimaru in there too, but I probably wont get it, it looks really cheaply made. I'm patiently waiting for them to make a Sode no Shiraiyuki replica

gmino
2007-05-04, 20:11
Well my sword came in today, its really light. I got the shorter bankai one and I like it. It isn't full tang but I didn't expect it to be. It looks good though and the broken chain looks cool.

grss1982
2007-05-04, 21:34
uhmm...

Do those owning the tensa zangetsu sword, what is it technically, a nodachi perhaps, becase it been described as quite long so i'm a bit confused.

Also could you guys fire off a "Getsuga Tensho" blast with this sword? :lol:

gmino
2007-05-04, 22:17
I got the shorter one, its about 41inch. It looks smaller than it is though. I can swing it around and stab stuff but any hitting it against stuff could be fatal for the sword.
Hitsugaya's sword is now available at trueswords.com I'm sure its not a great quality sword but its good for fans.

Spike420
2007-05-05, 02:56
I. They have Zabimaru in there too,

I have clouds buster sword...But theres a replica of Zabimaru! Hihio Zabimaru!!

Elegant Destruction
2007-05-05, 05:46
Something that has been bugging me for a while about the replica shikai swords...

The spine of the blade in the replicas is mostly straight as the edge of a ruler. From what I remember the spine in the anime and manga is actually curved to the same degree as a normal Katana (straight for a bit from the tsuba, and then curving more as it gets further out).

So, just as a comment to anyone making a new replica of the Shikai Zangetsu. Please don't make the spine STRAIGHT! It looks like such trash that way and everytime I see it I cringe.

The little keychains you can buy are very accurate physical manifestations I think. I got one and loved it. So use that for your model or source shape.

http://www.myimportstore.com/store/images/Anime/BleachZangetsu.jpgthats wonderful!! where did you get that keychain from?

Zu Ra
2007-05-07, 22:07
thats wonderful!! where did you get that keychain from?

The keychain pic was first posted by a scanalation group in and around 200-215

Deathwing
2007-05-10, 03:38
i wont use them ill probably forget i even have them at some point but i still cant control the urge to buy them they look so cool

Hyperion
2007-05-10, 22:44
Sword of Hitsugaya Toushiro, 10th Division Captain

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/hitsugaya_sword_sm.jpg

http://www.trueswords.com/hitsugaya-sword-inspired-bleach-hyourinmaru-zanpakuto-p-2967.html

Scep
2007-05-13, 10:24
The hilt looks good, but the blade is way too short. Especially when hitsugaya's sword is one of the longest among all the captains.

Either that or he's so short that his sword appears the longest XD

Zu Ra
2007-05-14, 16:20
The pic I had of the keychain

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/255/m7bleachch21700ta8.th.jpg (http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m7bleachch21700ta8.jpg)

Martek
2007-05-16, 02:00
Im sorry. But its like they just aren't even trying.

http://www.swordsswords.com/ProductImages/s/Bleach_Anime_Renji%20Abarai's_Zanpakut_PK_1014_2.j pg

That is the WORST replica I have ever seen. Period.

Opayk
2007-05-17, 06:51
I gotta agree with you, there.
It's a machine-made one, so they didn't wanna spend money on detail, or size. It's ALL WRONG!! :frustrated:

Scep
2007-05-17, 07:30
The pic I had of the keychain

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/255/m7bleachch21700ta8.th.jpg (http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m7bleachch21700ta8.jpg)

Hmm, how interesting, My friend was just showing the exact same one yesterday. Its quite a nice keychain, i'd say.

And as for zabimaru.... that's horrible. The only thing that even looks real is the hilt design, which is accurate. Other than that, the blade, the fangs, its not even curved.

Zu Ra
2007-05-17, 09:27
Hmm, how interesting, My friend was just showing the exact same one yesterday. Its quite a nice keychain, i'd say. .

Luckee You I havnt seen it for real , just this picture : )

The Death
2007-05-30, 22:19

I havn't bought from the sight but the game magazine Gameinformer gave it a very good rep. By the way I have a Bleach Zangetsu replica bigger and heavier than the one they sell.It's not as stable but it's really cool. It's heavy but I can swing it. The sword is about 60 inches long and 4 and a half inches wide at the base. You have to look at the site to check time of delivery.

nevaziah
2007-06-13, 13:30
What I want to find is a replica of rukia's shikai, that would be nice to display!

aFlipGuy
2007-06-20, 22:23
I have clouds buster sword...But theres a replica of Zabimaru! Hihio Zabimaru!!

i wanna see you a pic of you and the buster sword pls....i'm really interested in buying the buster sword myself in trueswordsdotcomehttp://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-cloud-buster-sword-with-stand-52in-p-2981.html

and how is it?

darrol2
2007-08-01, 21:39
i guesse on true swords ichigo's bankai sword (tensa Zangetsu) is 5 1/2 feet tall and the handle is 18 " long wwwwooooooowwwwww

darrol2
2007-08-04, 18:07
hey if u want a keyblade i found 1 on ebay that is 40" here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-Master-Arm-Keyblade-Die-Cast-Replica-40_W0QQitemZ230158371815QQihZ013QQcategoryZ43337QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

actully i found a couple but here is 1 of them

stonedzombie
2007-09-06, 22:22
Okay, so I want to get a good quality sword of Ichigo's Zangetsu in bankai form. I have narrowed it between a carbon blade 42'' and a carbon blade 56''. Which do you think I should choose?

http://cgi.ebay.com/56-BLEACH-ANIME-SLICING-MOON-ICHIGO-TENSA-BANKAI-SWORD_W0QQitemZ320154441143QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4333 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bleach-Anime-Ichigo-Tensa-Musashi-Handmade-Katana-Sword_W0QQitemZ130149948594QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4333 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

asianfez123
2007-09-30, 20:42
Okay, so I want to get a good quality sword of Ichigo's Zangetsu in bankai form. I have narrowed it between a carbon blade 42'' and a carbon blade 56''. Which do you think I should choose?
Hi im new here, but about ur sword problem it really depends on whether if ur goin be only displaying it, but since it is carbon i guess ull mess around with it, im going for the exact same sword at swordsswords.com and me personally would get the 42" - 56" is kinda long for me

Also does anyone know if the carbon steel will rust or wont because of the black paint and would the blade need to be polished, and would the carbon steel be stirdy and not chip or break if i were to swing it?

asianfez123
2007-09-30, 21:03
you know what i want them to make a replica of
Byakuya kuchiki's Senbonzakura
and they better make good too not "440 stainless steel"
at least make it with carbon steel and have it so i can at least have some swings
without having the feeling that its shaky or might fall apart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Senbonzakura.jpg

Dan the Man
2007-10-01, 03:13
has anyone bought this sword ? If so i was wondering if its good like look wise and quality, i know its not actual size but is it too small or its decent size, and does it look right or not, so i was wondering if its worth buying, cuse they dont show a good shot of the sword its self so if u have pics that would help alot too , thank you very much if u can help me , XD

I bought that one a couple of months ago. The sword is just one great big hunk of steel with a crappy hilt wrapping and a "made in pakistan" mark painted clearly on the side. Apart from that, the silver part of the blade isn't from the metal, it's just chrome paint on top of the blackened steel. Also, you get a sheath that might as well be made of cardboard, since mine started coming apart after trying to carry the damn thing on my belt. I only paid $25 for mine, so I got two. One for me, and one for my friend (y'know, share the pain) and we figure the only thing it's good for is practicing for using real swords, despite how horrible these things are. It's crap, though if you happen to get a better version, and you were filming a movie for some reason, you could always use one of these for the action sequences, and use a better one for close-up's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/56-BLEACH-ANIME-SLICING-MOON-ICHIGO-TENSA-BANKAI-SWORD_W0QQitemZ320154441143QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4333 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bleach-Anime-Ichigo-Tensa-Musashi-Handmade-Katana-Sword_W0QQitemZ130149948594QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4333 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Uh... Neither. Both are crap. I'm sure this has been mentioned a bunch, but any sword like that is sure to be horrible. Now, I'm not an expert on swords, but I see a lot of crappy blades on display, and I do have a couple of tips for anyone who's looking for a sword to buy.

1. Compare the width of the blade to the width of the hilt. Chances are, if the handle of the sword is a lot thicker than the blade, the metal is just die-cast and set in with glue. With a Bankai Zangetsu, it would only take a couple of swings to get the whole sword rattling. Which also leads to another pointer...

2. Swords rattling in anime is typical, in real life, it means you've got a piece o' crap. The sound there to add an effect in the shows, like a gun making a cocking noise every time it's raised. You do not want that noise.

3. If you want a sword that'll be useful, or look good, NEVER trust anything cheap. The only good sword I have in my collection is a Cold Steel katana which cost me $400. Swords that come from anime and games are usually, just by looking at them, incredibly unbalanced, and would be unreliable in most combat situations, which is why no competent sword makers actually make them.

4. If you are a wise otaku, never buy a weapon from any game or anime unless you can actually see and inspect it in person. I went to a renaissance fair earlier this month, and saw a booth selling loads of terribly made game/anime swords. A 2-foot long Master Sword, a Buster Sword with 3 materia slots, a Bankai Zangetsu with a regular katana length blade, etc. etc. Needless to say, I was horrified at the utterly horrible quality of each and every piece in the booth.

So there you go. Some tips which may help you in choosing your weapon. I hope I've been of help in some way.

Forth
2007-10-01, 07:03
kick ass sword

gonna buy it and start my training XD

asianfez123
2007-10-01, 20:47
so basically a good sword that would be good to buy shouldn't be stainless steel more like carbon steel, shouldn't be light in weight, full tang and feel balanced, and blade should be same thickness as the handle it is place in
if i buy a bankai zangetsu-which i plan to do- and the blade is thinner than the handle and glued in like Dan The Man said, ill be pissed and then ill probably weld the blade to the handle myself or something in that matter to keep the blade from not rattling lol
what im worried about is the sword weight, i dont want it light but kinda weighty to have that sturdy feelying

Spectacular_Insanity
2007-10-02, 02:06
I really want this one (Kenpachi Zaraki's). It's shorter than in teh anime, but according to reviews, the shorter length makes it easier to handle.

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/kenpachi_zaraki.jpg

You want the real Ban Kai Tensa Zangetsu? Fine. Here it is, but its big, heavy, and $79.99. Really, it's huge. An f'ing massive 68 inches long. That's 5 ft 8 in long (that's almost as long as I am tall). Holy shit.
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/bankai_sword_sm3.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/ichigo-bankai-sword-inspired-anime-tensa-zangetsu-p-2556.html

CaptainZangetsu
2007-10-28, 06:40
When you guys bought the sword was the broken chains behind the hilt the actually size and shape in the anime. the picture of the product seem like the chians on the back are small and the chains are suppose to be retangular shaped as well.

outcast_within
2007-10-29, 05:48
i'm still waiting for a dorky self in bankai suit? :)

_Mod_Konpaku_
2007-10-29, 18:50
They should make a Shikai Zangetsu too.. 1/1 scale that is :D
I wonder if you can still lift that enormous thing :eyebrow: :heh:

Lol. it's impossible to carry that thing.

Arthas1011
2007-10-30, 20:54
I would go for the bankai sword a.k.a. tensa zangetsu because I think it would be good for a cosplay im thinking up for the 2008 or 2009 armageddon expo here in NZ

My mum said I can have a samurai sword but I had to get a real one (approx 2-3 thousand dollars NZ)

ArmyNutcake
2007-11-02, 20:46
Hey Guys, im new, but ive been watching this thread on the forum for awhile. Im considering buying the Tensa Zangetsu Bankai sword off www.trueswords.com and i want to know if theres any reason i shouldnt buy it. If anyone would help that would be great :D

Spectacular_Insanity
2007-11-03, 00:45
Here's some other replicas you guys might be interested in (also from trueswords.com)

Hinamori Momo Tobiume's Zanpakutou:
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/tobiume1_sm.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/hinamori-momo-tobiume-anime-sword-p-3089.html

Gin Ichimaru's Zanpakutou:
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/shinso1_sm.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/ichimaru-shinso-zanpakuto-katana-p-3088.html

Hitsugaya's Zanpakutou:
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/hitsugaya_sword_sm.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/hitsugaya-sword-inspired-anime-hyourinmaru-zanpakuto-p-2967.html

Renji Abarai's Zanpakutou:
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/renji1_sm.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/renji-abarai-unawaken-handmade-katana-p-3087.html

Byakuya Kuchiki's Zapakutou:
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/kuchiki_sword2.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/byakuya-kuchiki-senbonzakura-anime-sword-p-3138.html

Posting this again...
Kenpachi Zaraki's Zanpakutou:
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/kenpachi_zaraki.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/kenpachi-zaraki-11th-division-captain-anime-sword-p-3134.html

If I were to choose one, I would have to go for eith Kenpachi Zaraki's or Byakuya Kuchiki's Zanpakutou. Senbonzakura is too awesome to ignore. Not to mention they both got good reviews. Not to say the other ones's didn't. I just didn't look at them. Too bad Kenpachi Zaraki's sword isnt all messed up like it is in the anime. Well, I guess its time to start hitting rocks. :p

Naturally they are all full tang (metal goes all the way through to the hilt) and keep in mind these are real swords and whether sharp or not, they are steel and their weight can still injure! Don't go swinging these indoors and most certainly not around people!

waltdeezy
2007-11-05, 17:18
does any one know how gin ichimarus sword is cuz i want it

MooMooFarm
2007-11-05, 17:55
This is pretty cool, considering it's one of the few swords in Bleach that don't immediately blow chunks. Of course, it's the main character's, but yeah, still good!

Usually I rarely like the weapons of the main characters. But this is one of those =/ maybe cause of it being black. The next notable item from recent memory is Train's XIII Hades gun.

Although I will say the other swords listed here are equally done well in terms of detail. T_T but some of them like the girls and renjis fail completely to stand out.

Arthas1011
2007-11-09, 01:11
This is pretty cool, considering it's one of the few swords in Bleach that don't immediately blow chunks. Of course, it's the main character's, but yeah, still good!

Usually I rarely like the weapons of the main characters. But this is one of those =/ maybe cause of it being black. The next notable item from recent memory is Train's XIII Hades gun.

Although I will say the other swords listed here are equally done well in terms of detail. T_T but some of them like the girls and renjis fail completely to stand out.

I like ichigo's because it looks way different too what the others looks like. (Ironic that rukia's brother has a white bankai and ichigo has a black one... possibly the reason he thought that ichigo's banki was a normal zangetsu??)

Zonja
2007-11-20, 10:46
Hi Guys

As many of you i'm fan of animes and i like to collect goodies from bleach, naruto and so on.
2 weeks ago was my Birth day and my friends deceided to buy me the 68" Ichigo bankai swords from thi site http://www.toysnjoys.com/.
They were all trustfull since the site seemed to have a lot of choice for anything related to japaneese animation goodies.
So first the item was not available so i didn't have it for my birthday wich was fine as long as it was coming.
Yesterday the famous sword finaly reached my door step in ireland (europe)

My friend received it at work and he then came to my house with it so with a big smiley face i then opened the pakage to see that some parts of the swords were broken and even missing from the package wich led me to beleive that the sword was already broken when packed, i was not devastated but close from it and then i had a closer look at the sword and it's not really matching the picture they have on dispaly on their site it's a very bad replica if i can call it that way.

The paint on the blade is staining your fingers when you touch it and the tissue on the handle was sticked with wood glue and it's already falling apart
and there is "Pakistan" writen in small wite caracter on the side of the blade(how cool is that:) )
This is an item i can't return because i have to pay the shipping that is the price of the swords and i dont really want to.

This is my personal experience so then if you order with them it's at your own risks.
in the mean time i would like to ask all the guys that purchased that sword in the truswords site you refer a few posts up that seem more serious in this business and sent me pictures of you swords in detail not the one of the site because i really want that swords and also the other bleach swords but i want to be sure of what i order and not being S....ed twice.

so i'll apreciate if you could just send me a post i'll give you my personal e-mail adress in order to receive your pictures.

Spectacular_Insanity
2007-11-20, 21:50
You asked for it, here it is. Ichigo's Zangetsu Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/huge_bl_sword.jpg
http://www.trueswords.com/ichigo-sword-inspired-anime-zangetsu-huge-52in-p-2798.html

Yeah it's huge. Practical? No. Possible? Yes. Cool? Hell yes.

oreL
2008-01-14, 14:45
Hello, I've a question:
Is there a way to ship ichigo's bankai sword in Belgium ? Because I don't find any store in my country and don't find any online store wich ship in my country.
Thank you!

WONDERMIKE
2008-01-14, 17:40
you could ask the guy from schwertshop.de, maybe he can import it?

Mr Hat and Clogs
2008-01-14, 23:04
Have to say, other then Ichigo's bankai sword, I really like Gin's, Byakuya's, Renji's, and Kenpachi's. I like the varying details on each of em.

Being a replica id assume they are blunt, however, whats the quality like, I looked at the reviews people seem happy, and they look pretty good in the photo's its just that 'real' swords ive seen are upwards of a thousand dollars or more, these are less then $100...

Not that i'd be able to buy any of them anyway regardless of price, I'd be murdered for 'frivolous expenditure' (probably with the sword!).

they have urahara's cane luls... tempting lol...

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/fantasy_sword_cane_540.jpg

hell get both...

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/urahara_sword_sm.jpg

The hilt isn't bent near the end though. :(

tbl
2008-01-15, 07:52
This is a handmade high carbon steel katana version of Renji's un-awakened blade! Featuring a razor sharp blade, this sword measures 44 inches overall. The hard wood handle is wrapped with ray skin and black nylon, coming dual-pegged for total strength Includes high gloss finish hardwood scabbard. This is a fully functional sword. [Emphasis mine]
http://www.trueswords.com/renji-abarai-unawaken-handmade-katana-p-3087.html

oreL
2008-01-15, 17:05
you could ask the guy from schwertshop.de, maybe he can import it?

ok thank you! i'll ask him :)

WONDERMIKE
2008-01-16, 03:42
ok thank you! i'll ask him :)

please let me know what his price would be, maybe i will order one for myself too :)

oreL
2008-01-16, 06:32
he can't help me... that's all he said!
doesn't matter, i'll try to find another way

Dan the Man
2008-01-17, 05:45
so basically a good sword that would be good to buy shouldn't be stainless steel more like carbon steel, shouldn't be light in weight, full tang and feel balanced, and blade should be same thickness as the handle it is place in
if i buy a bankai zangetsu-which i plan to do- and the blade is thinner than the handle and glued in like Dan The Man said, ill be pissed and then ill probably weld the blade to the handle myself or something in that matter to keep the blade from not rattling lol
what im worried about is the sword weight, i dont want it light but kinda weighty to have that sturdy feelying

You've got it pretty much down. Of course, everything I mentioned aren't definite points, but they should be key factors when you're buying a sword.

Zangetsu is a difficult sword(s) to shop for, if you ask me. I have yet to see a bankai version which looks capable of being used for anything outside of prop/cosplay use. Weight wise, you're pretty much SOL with any large anime sword, since the horrible balancing issues will make swinging the sword in a controlled manner really difficult.

Like I said before, any store offering anime/game weapons is usually only selling collector's items, and shouldn't be considered at all if you want a sword to practice swordplay with.

On another note, has anyone heard of anyplace that sells aluminum swords? I bought one a while ago at a flea market, and it's a hell of a prop weapon. It's almost as sturdy as my Cold Steel katana, and weighs about a pound. The place I bought it from isn't there anymore, and I was hoping someone might know something about a store that sells them, because I would love to get 4 or 5 more for movie props...

Ke0
2008-01-18, 07:03
For anyone who was looking for Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00112ZC5O/ref=pd_luc_mri?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A2MQ18HTA1TVUY&v=glance

Like many have said though, these are low grade replicas and are not for swinging / using. Even the carbon steel ones shouldn't be swung much if at all, and definitely don't try to cut something, you'll end up hurting yourself or someone.

Also even though it says that Renji sword is fully functional, the price says it isn't :)

lazyboithang
2008-04-07, 19:13
Has anyone bought Hitsugaya's sword on trueswords?

http://www.trueswords.com/handmade-hitsugaya-sword-replica-full-tang-battle-ready-p-3292.html

hollowfication
2008-05-01, 08:42
Well, i just registered on these forrums.

Solely to post in this topic, as synical as it may seem. D;

So, i am on the verge of cosplaying as Ichimaru Gin, and im contemplating whether or not i should buy the sword, but ofcourse, what is a cosplay without the awesome sword?

So to follow this i have a few questions.

* Is the main company True Swords operating in Australia, or somewhere in the US for example?
* By importing the sword to Australia from overseas, will custom revoke it and end up taking it on the grounds that it can be passed off as a 'weapon'.
* Am i able to use the sword reliably, pretty much just practicing sword skills, involving minor swinging of the blade.
* How long to these swords usually last? Just considering that i would be going through all the trouble of importing to Australia.

Thanks. ^_^

itachi kazuki
2008-05-01, 22:46
Lol. it's impossible to carry that thing.

Not really my friend bought one and chased me around his house trying to hit me (it was a perfect replica to to)lol it left so many marks in his ceiling and wall's

hollowfication
2008-05-02, 20:38
By the way.

When buying the swords, is it using American currency?

-that could really *uck me up-

dragon8219
2008-11-05, 23:35

you think the NON- bankai sword is big the total length of the bankia one is 68 inches thats 5 foot 11 inches its taller than me im 5' 9 you think it would look funny if i was holding a sword bigger than me ?

dragon8219
2008-11-05, 23:42
Minor gripes with it (aka wish the blade was anodized black instead of what looks to be painted/powdercoated black...the finish isn't 100% smooth at some spots), and wish it was full tang to balance out the weight of it slightly...

But otherwise, very decent for something that's going to sit on the shelf. The nazi sign looking thing (whatever it's called), i feared to be plastic, but it's actually metal, which was a relief...

http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai1.jpg
http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai2.jpg
http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai3.jpg
http://www.mathewkwan.com/bankai4.jpg

Also bought these har har har

http://www.mathewkwan.com/batman.jpg

where did u order this how much does it cost and is it a sharp blade

Mr. DJ
2008-11-05, 23:46
gah, put those in spoiler tags so they don't blow up the thread

dragon8219
2008-11-05, 23:49
on another note i also bought the cosplay Bankai costume off of ebay, here are the pictures from the ebay i bought it from
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/shinji_1988/bankaicostumepicture1.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/shinji_1988/bankaicostumepicture2.jpg

now all you need is the bankia sword and the hollow mask and then you can use it for halloween parties or somethin lol

holypanl
2008-11-07, 12:13

This was just too funny. :D:p

holypanl
2008-11-07, 12:31
I don't really care much about Ichigo's sword. I think he's too hax, and his sword itself looks, and is lame.

I would buy Urahara's sword. (It was there). And pretty well constructed. Just buy that and a cane version later on. And you have the whole set for Benihime-hime-sama. Cool sword, no doubt.

X207
2008-11-08, 13:51
damn the bankai sword is slightly taller than me O.O.

Byakou
2008-11-15, 00:06
These swords are cool, but can't be used for real.
On this site there is all sorts of reviews about real swords. They've got videos of them cutting tree branches, mats, jugs... They were chopping wood with one once :heh:http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/ They can get in most countries, except the UK (Uk is very law-happy :X)

CMHerrera
2008-11-15, 19:45
Nice :D I want Ichigo bankai sword. I doubt if anyone going to get me it though. :upset:

X207
2008-11-15, 19:48
if anyone actually did swing the replica around it would probably cause more damage in the house that wat it was bought for.

Endrance
2008-11-15, 19:55
I was thinking of getting this one i dunno i always liked his
http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/kujaku_zanpakuto_sword2_540.jpg

steeven09
2009-11-14, 02:45
Fantasy post i love it...........
fedex tracking track number ground (fedextracking.org)

Alchemist007
2009-11-14, 04:16
http://www.swordsswords.com/Musashi-Ichigo-Tensa-Japanese-Manga-Handmade-Functional-Sword.aspx

Totally should get this, only 41" too!
Would come in handy during zombie apocalypse.

renegade365
2010-06-04, 15:43
Hey, Im new here! You can probably tell... :S Okay I work at a machine shop and have all the tools of the trade and I'm pretty good with them I think :P I'm building Zangetsu (Big cleaver, black. With cloth that will wrap the handle and actually cover the blade) But Im not totally positive on the dimensions. And its going to be strictly deocorative. I was thinking since it's been said that hes the one with the sword as tall as him, that it's gotta be about 5 foot 8 inches. And by looking I'm sort of guessing it's about 8 inches wide. I plan on using 3/16 X 8 flat bar. If anyone has any changes or suggestions on what would make it more accurate let me know. Thanks! ;)

Vantek
2010-06-04, 16:30
It seems all the Ichigo's bankai replicas use paint... But is it possible to use oxidation to get the black colour? I hear if you cover a steel surface with some sort of (flax?) oil and set it on fire, it will become nicely black. Or will it still be all shiny, while the bankai is supposed to be dull? Would still be more legit than paint though IMO :P

Wiggy Fuzz
2010-06-04, 16:50
It seems all the Ichigo's bankai replicas use paint... But is it possible to use oxidation to get the black colour? I hear if you cover a steel surface with some sort of (flax?) oil and set it on fire, it will become nicely black. Or will it still be all shiny, while the bankai is supposed to be dull? Would still be more legit than paint though IMO :P

steel doesn't oxidise, but aluminium does. obviously you don't want an aluminium sword (same reason why i can't have a cheese claymore), which is a pity, because anodizing aluminium is a really nice alternative to simply painting it.

you could powder-coat the steel, it would be the next best option, then coat it with a nice clear coat (just like on my bmx), and that'll give a nice scratch resistant coating that'll also have a nice sheen to it, too.

that tensa zangetsu looks real nice on the first page, but i can't help but feel the hilt guard looks a little plastiky.

ichigo's shikai zangetsu is really just an oversized kitchen knife, so i assume it'd have the same dimensions, too, asides from the handle. get an idea of how tall ichigo is, grab a picture of him and a regular kitchen knife and blow up a regular kitchen knife in photoshop to match ichigo's height. that should give you a rough idea of the dimensions. it's not accurate, but bearing in mind the anime and manga won't be drawn perfectly to scale, so you have to make some assumptions :)

i did the above when i was building an rc car chassis and needed a size reference ;)

Vantek
2010-06-04, 17:32
steel doesn't oxidise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluing_(steel)

Bluing is a passivation process in which steel is partially protected against rust, and is named after the blue-black appearance of the resulting protective finish. True gun bluing is an electrochemical conversion coating resulting from an oxidizing chemical reaction with iron on the surface selectively forming magnetite (Fe3O4), the black oxide of iron, which occupies the same volume as metallic iron.

It appears that covering the surface with oil and setting it on fire might be a bit different though:

If brought to the right temperature (270-300C), the oil residue (including the burned carbon in the oil) bonds with the surface of the metal, giving the armor a dark, glossy finish.

http://www.medievaltymes.com/courtyard/armour_terminology.htm