PDA

View Full Version : Last Exile Limited Collectors Box

Sabin
2003-11-06, 22:54
I just reserved mine today and can't wait to get it on the 18th. I actually just started watching this series on Sunday and i have loved everything about it so far (up to ep 17). What can i say, i love art boxes and if i can get them with some nice extras its even better.

Quote from the Pioneer Animation web site:

This limited edition collector's box comes with a box which will hold the entire seven volumes of the Last Exile series and also includes the Alvis Hamilton figurine and mousepad.

When i found out about this i had this strange urge to have it even though i had not seen beyond the first ep at the time (watched it way back in april) and had no idea who Alvis Hamilton was.

So is anyone else here planning on picking this up?

Eye_V
2003-11-07, 03:01
It would be great to get it, but it is somewhat expensive in Canada. HMV has it listed for $76.99 Canadian (about $67 US). That is a bit steep for just a box, and a little plastic figurine.

Anyway, that is just my opinion. The big US anime license groups (eg. ADV, Pioneer, etc.) should just lower the price, and that would directly cause fans to buy legit. DVD instead of the Hong Kong ones. :topicoff:

tkcom
2003-11-07, 05:47
How about A&B Sound? HMV stuff are often over-expensive...

TK

StarCreator
2003-11-07, 06:45
There's no obligation to buy the special edition. You can always just get the disc+artbox release, or even just the disc alone.

Sabin
2003-11-07, 08:41
It would be great to get it, but it is somewhat expensive in Canada. HMV has it listed for $76.99 Canadian (about $67 US). That is a bit steep for just a box, and a little plastic figurine.

Anyway, that is just my opinion. The big US anime license groups (eg. ADV, Pioneer, etc.) should just lower the price, and that would directly cause fans to buy legit. DVD instead of the Hong Kong ones. :topicoff:

Living in Vancouver i am sure there are alot of places you can go to with better prices than HMV. In Toronto where i live i would never even consider buying anime from them unless i couldn't find it anywhere else. The place where i get my stuff is usually at least 10% below what other stores charge although they didn't have a set price for the limited box.

Generally i find ADV to be pretty reasonable on pricing (alot of their new stuff is only 24.99 a disc) and Bandai is getting better at about 30-35 bux. I wish Pioneer would get with it though. I see some of their new stuff for 40-50 dollars and it really bugs me since they have Chobits and Onegai Teacher (two series i am collecting) as well as Last Exile coming out.

A 13 ep series like Lain is usually selling for ~189 meanwhile i can pick up a 26 ep series from ADV for the same price if its new or alot cheaper if its an older release.

GHDpro
2003-11-07, 11:32
Yes, I was thinking about getting it -- but the normal box + volume 1
though, not the collectors edtion. Saves a bit of money and I don't really
need/want that figure anyway...

PS. Buying online is probably the cheapest way...

LynnieS
2003-11-07, 12:14
I preordered mine - along with the "GPM" box :) - from Deep Discount DVD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com). They are usually very competitive w.r.t. price, and I haven't any complaints with anything yet.

The collector's (limited) box is US$37.19.

The collector's (with disc) box is US$29.75.

The disc alone is US$22.31.

StarCreator
2003-11-07, 15:40
Using TRSI (http://www.rightstuf.com)'s early preorder discount, Got Anime membership, and a members-only coupon, after all discounts taken I got the collector's edition for US$31.71, shipped free. =P

Deep Discount DVD is generally good for in-stock product, but when things go out of stock, items usually take forever and a half to ship. I've heard some stories where they've shipped the wrong product by accident, but a quick phone call usually fixes stuff like that.

LynnieS
2003-11-07, 17:01
:topicoff:

That's right, StarCreator. Rub salt into the wound, why don't you? ;) I'm still waiting for my "Kare Kano" (final) disc, which is in backorder. I probably will cancel that part of the order if I don't get an update soon.

I'm still waiting for my "Black Heaven" set from TRSI also, which is in backorder as well, and without any notification in my mailbox that I had seen. That special offer they gave that week really got people buying, I think. :heh:

lordwu
2003-11-07, 19:55
I've preordered it long time ago. I'm a LE freak so as long as I can get my hand on, I will get it. And the figurine looks nice too. Since Last Exile is one of my favorite anime this year, I'm glad it's out so soon and with some LE goodies!

Sabin
2003-11-08, 11:24
Any chance you could link me to some pics of the box and stuff? I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

tkcom
2003-11-08, 16:32
As I can remember, There's a picture of the box set in an anime magazine (can't remember its name tho). Go to the magazine rack and browse through.

TK

Eye_V
2003-11-08, 16:49
Living in Vancouver i am sure there are alot of places you can go to with better prices than HMV.

Hello again ... there are not many places that carry anime in Vancouver. Contrary to popular belief, Vancouver is a pretty *dead* city. FutureShop has some really good anime, but they only receive stock once in a blue moon, and it's really no point in collecting episodes 15-20, and not having the other discs 'cos they are out of stock.

A&B Sound is crap, too. Same problems as FutureShop ... no stock, and out of stock. Virgin Megastores are all right, but you need to make a 10% deposit if you are placing a special order.

Man! ... It just bites to live outside the US when it comes to ordering anime online ... two words -> import duty!

LynnieS
2003-11-08, 20:16
Sabin - Someone had posted an image of the box on AoD's forums; the post can be found via their latest Forum Buzz (http://www.animeondvd.com/specials/articles/forum_buzz-46.php) section. The actual post is reachable via this URL (http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=232203&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1).

The image should be in one of the NTUSA issues also.

Marker
2003-11-08, 21:42
Even when it comes to anime I'm not a really big fan of, I'm a sucker for the words "limited edition". So, a few weeks ago I decided to take the chance and order this instead of the first Kenshin box set. Hopefully the extras won't disappoint, and it'll have been worth the money.

monir
2003-11-10, 01:21
Yes, I was thinking about getting it -- but the normal box + volume 1
though, not the collectors edtion. Saves a bit of money and I don't really
need/want that figure anyway...

PS. Buying online is probably the cheapest way...
Oh my god,, I checked your DVD Collection list and I see you are missing Hellsing and Trigun....I think I am going to faint.....Say it aint so GHDpro-san...You just forgot to update....

root
2003-11-14, 04:35
Umm, have you checked out CNL (www.cnl.com)? It's around Boundary and Marine Drive and they have a pretty vast collection of anime. Currently they have a sale on anime, so you can find some good deals.

Hello again ... there are not many places that carry anime in Vancouver. Contrary to popular belief, Vancouver is a pretty *dead* city. FutureShop has some really good anime, but they only receive stock once in a blue moon, and it's really no point in collecting episodes 15-20, and not having the other discs 'cos they are out of stock.

A&B Sound is crap, too. Same problems as FutureShop ... no stock, and out of stock. Virgin Megastores are all right, but you need to make a 10% deposit if you are placing a special order.

Man! ... It just bites to live outside the US when it comes to ordering anime online ... two words -> import duty!

Triga
2003-11-18, 11:56
I wonder are they going to release the OST? I glanced pioneer-animation's site but couldn't find info, perhaps due to the fact I was half a sleep :)

Sabin
2003-11-22, 02:54
I wonder are they going to release the OST? I glanced pioneer-animation's site but couldn't find info, perhaps due to the fact I was half a sleep :)

Well i finally picked it up today (been busy with work all week) and inside the case there is an insert with the release dates of the rest of the volumes and it says that the cd soundtrack is available at www.geneonanimemusic.com

StarCreator
2003-11-23, 23:01
The soundtrack announcement is a little premature. It was just recently given a release date of February 17, 2004. (source: AnimeOnDVD (http://www.animeondvd.com/))

Carrackus
2003-12-29, 15:46
I missed it when it was a freesub and was thinking about picking up the box set. Heard lots of good stuff about it and i planes and aviation look neat.

What does everyone think about this series?

Muraki
2003-12-29, 15:52
Seeing as how its licensed...shouldn't this be in the DVD & Licensed forum...

Carrackus
2003-12-29, 16:06
but its also just talking about this anime in general and what people think. I knew it was licensed already.

Soooo what do you think of it :hmm: :P

NoSanninWa
2003-12-29, 16:09
but its also just talking about this anime in general and what people think. I knew it was licensed already.

Soooo what do you think of it :hmm: :P
I think that you should be talking about this topic in Last Exile Limited Collectors Box. Please, please, please learn to use http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/top_search.gif (http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php?).

Other Last Exile threads include:
Alotta Last Exile Questions (spoiler)
Couple of Last Exile questions

Lord Raiden
2003-12-29, 18:03
Ok, I must be blind or something cause I don't see any info on a release date in the states for Last Exile, the box set. I'm really dying to get my hands on this set. Anyone know the release date and who's gonna have it stateside? IE best buy, etc.

LynnieS
2003-12-29, 18:42
The box set as in all of the DVDs? That'll be awhile before it becomes available. The first disc only came out early this month.