PDA

View Full Version : What's with the nose bleeds?

Demon Fox
2003-11-06, 23:00
nose bleeds of old men seeing women? whats going on?

juri_miki
2003-11-06, 23:04
nose bleeds of old men seeing women? whats going on?

This is a common theme of Japanese anime/manga. Instead of acquiring an erection at those points in time, i.e. extreme arousal and the such, anime males and females have been known to have extreme nosebleeds. Apparently the more arounsed the bigger the nose bleed?

Safe to say that this is hardly the case in hentai.

hobobaggins
2003-11-06, 23:04
asians have weak nasal membranes

when they get excited, their heart rate goes up ( and same with blood pressure i think) so they bleed out of the weakest point- their nose!

Zeratul
2003-11-06, 23:06
asians have weak nasal membranes

when they get excited, their heart rate goes up ( and same with blood pressure i think) so they bleed out of the weakest point- their nose!

my blood goes somewhere else when im excited

diabolistic
2003-11-06, 23:07
It has to do with the male character building up blood pressure in his sexual organ so fast that it causes the blood from the brain to drain downwards quickly.

Resulting in.. the nosebleed!

hobobaggins
2003-11-06, 23:10
their heart rate goes up ( and same with blood pressure

yeah. pressure is constant. what now?

Demon Fox
2003-11-06, 23:44
who said they bleed somewhere else? thats nasty dont say that on a forum

aFlipGuy
2003-11-06, 23:50
they said thier blood goes somewhere eles (the penis) which = to an errection ^_^ u ever wondered why ur dick feels warm when u have a boner?? thats blood ^_^ this is wierd.......talkin bout a boner

Demon Fox
2003-11-06, 23:51
its gay, all i asked about was the nosebleed no more gayness but u can keep this thread alive

Demon Fox
2003-11-06, 23:52
look i thought he said he actually bled (release blood) if he did he would have problems. That is what i was saying.

Lee-pimp
2003-11-06, 23:52
seriously they already ansered your question chris there isnt really a reason to keep this thread open

Demon Fox
2003-11-06, 23:53
meh, i guess but i dunno find another one of mine i have 3 total

Tzurial
2003-11-06, 23:56
hmm, -someone- gets nervous when you mention boner

nosebleeds from 'excitement' must be a japanese thing, I dont think Ive seen it refered to anywhere else

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2003-11-06, 23:57
my blood goes somewhere else when im excited

haha thats really funny, same here though lol :p
Asians and their week nose membranes :p, Anyhow....yea I always kind of wondered this also, I guess somone did it once and it just kind of caught on. Just my idea. :p

Lst2touchdasky
2003-11-07, 01:34
IM asian and i never had a bloodly nose 0.o then again i lived in the US my entire life

senen goroshi
2003-11-07, 01:37
what would happen to kakashi if he got "attacked" by oiroke no jutsu. his nose is covered up by that thing, so where would the blood go then... well either that or he'd have a bloody body suit thing.

Mr. Bushido
2003-11-07, 03:31
uh..... its nothing scientific man. You guys are thinking too hard. They say great minds often think too hard and miss the point of discussion.

or u guys joke too much and are way too sarcastic, just answer his question! hahaha jk jk i love to joke too. anyways here are the things i heard and can say as an Asian myself (haha)

Asians dont have weak noses man. Im asian, and ive lived half my life in Korea. By ancestry the japanese are the krns who sailed across to the island. (or so ppl say)
so i doubt thats the case.

my friend who is a major nerd. (highest GPA in our school, aca deca city champ, 5s on all AP test so i can trust him) said it has nothing to do with science. its just like a "myth" something they made up long time ago or something. Its like nine tails fox, its in a lot of japanese anime, its a popular "myth/legend/story/etc"

you cant honestly think we bleed like tat when we see a hot grl walk by. When u blush blood rushes to ur cheeks, and when ur horny it goes down. It doesnt do anything to the nose. This is just something they got from somwhere.

I havent seen any krn animes in a long time, but i heard it being referred to in a sort of a stand up comedy. So Japan is not the only place this is used.

as for the origin of this?? no clue no clue. Maybe they were just thinking and made it up. maybe a REALLY OLD and REALLY popular anime did this. (well manga) and since being one of the frst, many of the ideas and base used in this manga was adopted and used in the future. One of them coudve been the nose bleed effect.

of course im guessing most of u r mostly joking?

uglypigs
2003-11-07, 05:32
boner. (just wanted to say that)

yeah they're joking.

Captain K
2003-11-07, 06:29
The shortest explanation is that it's just something that is idiosyncratic of Japanese animation, and the reason you don't understand it is because you're not Japanese.

When someone falls asleep in an American comic strip or cartoon, you see "Zzzzzzz...", but when someone falls asleep in a Japanese equivalent, they have an inflating/deflating bubble coming out of their nose.

When someone gets embarrassed...

American: face turns bright red
Japanese: enormous bead of sweat drips down face/smashes to ground with legs in the air (you see a lot of that in the Pokemon cartoons)

so the "seeing naked girl nosebleed" is just something characteristic to anime/manga, and you have to take it with a grain of salt. An uninformed Japanese viewer seeing a bunch of Z's coming out of a sleeping person wouldn't get that at first either.

Xess
2003-11-07, 06:47
I had a friend who really had a nosebleed when he saw this chick. He's a walking cartoon I tell you.

nanamasan
2003-11-07, 09:19
i used to get alot of nosebleeds and when i bled n theres a girl present i get laughed at for getting horny easily all the time.....

it aint my fault there are always cute girls around me... :hmm:

Flash_Squirrel
2003-11-07, 09:34
Well, I guess Im going to do a little teaching about noses and blood.

When you see a naked girl your heart starts to pump your blood faster in order to irrorate the ...hmmm lower parts faster.
Now, the nose is very "weak" to high temperatures because the venis that are used to bring the blood in the nose are as thick as hairs, or ever smaller.
If the heart pump faster the "attrite" between the capillars walls and the blood starts to raise the inner heat of the venis, and thus the nose capillars, under the force of both the body inner heat and the high pressure, breaks.

Its the same in summer, because the elevate heat makes the nose bleed.
Ever see a girl nosebleed? Probably not, because their hearts pump less blood (there is nothing to "erect", after all....) and thus the capillars in the nose are subjected to less attrite and less bleeds.

Notice that Im not too comfy with english medical words.

pathyfinder
2003-11-07, 10:44
TMI guys way Too Much Infomation!

It's a anime thing. I think it's better to have or show the "Nose Bleed" thing then just to shut ones eyes completely as to what's going on. (like some brain dead TV shows).

I'm listening to Siroi Yami No Naka and still have no idea what they are saying by ShakkaZombie. I usually like to know what's being said, but in this case, I just can't deny listening to it, just because I don't understand. I was wondering also about the Nosebleeds (I just took it at first for shock value) but had a much younger person explain it to me. Needless to say, I get alot more laughs out of anime now!

Come on think of how funny it would of been if NaruKO would of showed up in HAREM style replication during the Haku bridge battle! Perhaps would NOT of worked, but you could just see Zazuba (spelling sorry) raising an eyebrow!

.... crap is anyone else having problems staying Logged in, or is it just me! I just went back to edit something on my reply and it stated I wasn't logged in. It happens to me all the time. Guess I'm forum challenged!

TheGreatYakoshi
2003-11-07, 11:17
Nah Pathy-chan, it was happening to me at first. It took a day or two to clear it up, but now I stay logged in.

In any case, the anime nosebleed is just something you have to take for its comical value. I think it's more appropriate to see a guy fly back through the air with blood spurting from his nose, rather than walking around with a huge boner or something. I seriously doubt it has to do with anything based in fact. It's kind of like another Japanese superstition...the one where if someone talks about you when you're not around, you sneeze? (You'll see that all the time in anime...it even gets left in sometimes in shows like DBZ or Pokemon, because it's not worth editing out.)

Vicious
2003-11-07, 11:54
The nose bleed is a very common happening in animes. It happens most of the time with perverts, obviously when they're excited. Kame Sennin from Dragon Ball should die of blood loss already, since I've never seen any other character with too much nose bleeds as him :twitch:

Hunter
2003-11-07, 11:58
Kame Sennin from Dragon Ball should die of blood loss already, since I've never seen any other character with too much nose bleeds as him :twitch:

lol such characters exist, and even women!
Did you ever saw Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu? :D

p3psi
2003-11-07, 12:07
I say these nosebleed things are similar to american cartoons when a guy see's a hot chick, either the following happens: steam shoots out of his ears (with the sound of like a tea kettel whistle) His eye go larger and pop out of his head back and forth, his jaw drops (sometimes to the floor) and a huge tongue rolls out and he's drooling. Also sometimes he turns into a drooling wolf/fox for and howls for 5 seonds.
and if he's wearing a bow-tie, it usally spins.

Of course nothing like this happens in real life, excpet maybe the jaw drop and the drooling.

Dragon Flame
2003-11-07, 12:29
lol p3psi, i know everytime i see a beautiful woman my bow tie spins (mmm Laetitia Casta, the embodiment of perfection comes to mind)

she can make my nose bleed any day :heh:

archzai
2003-11-07, 12:32
umm

bleeding nose is just a humurous way to show that someone is sorta perverted...

and p3psi... change ur avatar... iz so ugly... looks like sasuke is a spastic...

TheGreatYakoshi
2003-11-07, 12:36
and p3psi... change ur avatar... iz so ugly... looks like sasuke is a spastic...

NOOO! Don't change it! Let them all see the truth! :D

Lonewulf
2003-11-07, 12:54
They should use the nose bleeds as a jutsu or something. Aim that thing at somebody. I'd freak out if someone bled all over me. It give up in no time

Mr. Bushido
2003-11-07, 12:59
about the medical things u guys put...
i dont think its right. Even our nerves travel at 228 mph. I dont think blood can go instantly to the nose like tat.

its just like everyone says, its just part of anime.

when i frst came to america, i saw a comic with a guy sleeping and i saw the z's and didnt understand it, and i got more confused when there was a saw going thru a wood. Which is ovbiously snores. Its just an asian thing for the nose bleeds, sweat drops, nose bubbles, and women beating the crap out of men. (Sadly this one is an actual thing that happens everyday in reality, especially korea)

honestly do u see american cartoons where a grl kicks the living crap out of a guy? (ie. like sakura does to Naruto, Naru to keitaro. etc etc)

different culture.

that avatar is plain odd. Anything to make Sasuke look bad ahahaha

Dragon Flame
2003-11-07, 13:38
lol no, here in america we beat the women.. LOL sadly..

Tboz
2003-11-07, 14:02
lol p3psi, i know everytime i see a beautiful woman my bow tie spins (mmm Laetitia Casta, the embodiment of perfection comes to mind)

she can make my nose bleed any day :heh: That's a good one... If you have seen DNA2 before, the male lead vomits when he sees any hot babe... :eyespin: :heh:

Flash_Squirrel
2003-11-07, 16:57
about the medical things u guys put...
i dont think its right. Even our nerves travel at 228 mph. I dont think blood can go instantly to the nose like tat.

Of course not we are talking about an anime here but thats what happens in your nose IRL.

Demon Fox
2003-11-07, 17:21
lol i started this, but it went on longer than i thought. The nosebleeds. They shouldnt send someone flying in the air. (i.e Konohamaru's tutor)

monir
2003-11-07, 20:52
Demon Fox[/b]]nose bleeds of old men seeing women? whats going on?
lol..haha...What a question?...
This is a common theme of Japanese anime/manga. Instead of acquiring an erection at those points in time, i.e. extreme arousal and the such, anime males and females have been known to have extreme nosebleeds.This is the correct answer. Nosebleed is solely created by the Japanese Animator to show sexual frustration and no it does not happen in real life or to the Asians although there may be very rare oddities regardless of race(such claims are made in this thread:) )..Demon-fox, when you ask a question, you have to be ready for an answer and it does not matter if the answer is in your liking or not.

Flash_Squirrel
2003-11-08, 09:32
lol..haha...What a question?...
no it does not happen in real life

Wrong, it does happen in real life too.

High heat = nose bleeds. Of course, there are peoples with strong capillars and peoples with not-so-strong capillars, but thats another matter.

p3psi
2003-11-08, 11:42

High heat = nose bleeds. Of course, there are peoples with strong capillars and peoples with not-so-strong capillars, but thats another matter.

nose picking = nose bleeds

monir
2003-11-08, 13:47

High heat = nose bleeds. Of course, there are peoples with strong capillars and peoples with not-so-strong capillars, but thats another matter.You are absolutely right...But I was tackling the question if people have nosebleeed when they are sexually frustrated as you will see the quote I posted on the reply...It is medically impossible to have nosebleed related to sexual frustration when there is a very good alternate organ uses the blood flow.:D..So people having nosebleed because they saw a hot chick is just some fancy or these are extraordianary people revived or escaped from the animated world itself...:)
nose picking = nose bleedslol...or they were just picking their nose too much when a hot chick was passing by and the nosebleed follows...

xxziggybitsxx
2004-02-03, 17:27
[QUOTE=Zoro]
you cant honestly think we bleed like tat when we see a hot grl walk by. When u blush blood rushes to ur cheeks, and when ur horny it goes down. It doesnt do anything to the nose. This is just something they got from somwhere.
[QUOTE]

So yha... were the hell diod they get that from.... thats a little weird dont u think..

TheGreatYakoshi
2004-02-03, 17:31
Ooooooooh, you brought back this thread? o_o

Bun-kun
2004-02-03, 17:37
Its an old asian saying. I was reading Maxim the other day and my grandmother said to me"If keep reading those kind of magazine, it's going to make your nose bleed".

Grav
2004-02-03, 18:38
+1 for me!

perth
2004-02-03, 22:46
i used to have to take pills that wreaked havoc on the skin by really dring it out and every time i blew my nose there would be blood. and everytime i looked at a hot person it would start to bleed. it was so crappy becasue when my girlfriend was around she would get pissed off and my friends would laugh at me. they still bug me about it and it stopped happeneing over a year ago so yes people can have nosebleeds when they are sexually frusrtated but only with certain circumstances

eLstar
2004-02-04, 00:25
I just edited the title of this thread. I'm getting sick and tired of title of the threads these days. Honestly, the thread titles sound like conversations. Try and just use a few simple words to describe the topic please. We're not in kindergarden.

Also this thread has gotten pointless. Definitely not one of your better threads.