PDA

View Full Version : The generic "What happened to this Fansub Group" thread

Pages : [1] 2

Huoniu
2004-01-05, 03:17
I know there are a lot of PoT fans out there. It's been so long since I've last seen PoT. I was wondering if anyone has any news about A-O and future PoT releases?

DrWho2002
2004-01-05, 03:56
Why don't you try their IRC channel then? From their channel topic: Topic is 'Welcome to [a-o] anime-otakus! [!rules] [#fob@MircX] [ http://www.anime-otakus.com ][ http://a.scarywater.net/ao ] DaQ15 [ 4571DFBA ] PoT 98 [ 1B69605A ] DaQ 16 [ 37E2F2D8 ] PoT 99 [Very Soon]

So keep yer pants on! Also it's not a good idea to ask when stuff is coming out. You just sit back and wait for it to come and then you say thank you sir! and not may I have another.

xris
2004-01-05, 05:42
Yet another Prince of Tennis thread!!! I'll just repeat what I said in the other threads

Standard YaPoTT reply...

This seems a common question with Prince of Tennis fans recently... There seems to have been a flurry of "Has A-O stopped fansubbing PoT", "When are A-O going to release the next episode of PoT". Please have a look at the release record of PoT (http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/49.html), you will see that A-O tend to release in clumps.

Just be patient, A-O will release more when they are ready. Be grateful that a group is fansubbing the series and doing such a good job of it.

As per the forum rules (http://forums.animesuki.com/thread.php?threadid=2296&sid=)...

Do not ask for when stuff will be released
Do not ask when episodes will be released. They'll be released once the fansub group is finished with them. All your whining will do is irritate fansub group staff and make them leave the scene. And that will mean even slower releases or none at all. So just have some PATIENCE. Threads which break this rule will be deleted.

ssj3heiko
2004-01-05, 20:56
What happened to Maburaho, Detective Academy Q and Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne?
Are they still in work, or what?

corp20
2004-01-05, 21:12
Maburaho is still be worked on by Sugar-Cube. The other ones I don't follow so I don't know.

DekaMaster
2004-01-05, 22:27
Maburaho is still be worked on by Sugar-Cube. The other ones I don't follow so I don't know.
I hope akeep keeps doing maburaho

Keiichi
2004-01-05, 22:56
I asked a while back then did more detective work. If you look at AK release dates you'll see that avenger was shelved for a month and then they started it up again. My guess is thats whats happend to mah.

corp20
2004-01-05, 23:45
I asked a while back then did more detective work. If you look at AK release dates you'll see that avenger was shelved for a month and then they started it up again. My guess is thats whats happend to mah.
I hope not............... It will make me cry............

DrWho2002
2004-01-06, 01:54
In the reality of watching fansubs, you either cry or go watch something else in the meantime. I'd choose the latter if I were you.

kj1980
2004-01-06, 02:08
As for Maburaho, probably has to do due to the fact that the Episode 10 aired on our WOWOW BS satellite non-scrambled broadcast on 12/19/2003 and that Episode 11 won't be airing until today (1/6/2003 18:00 JST)?

Fiyaitup
2004-01-06, 02:41
What happened to Maburaho, Detective Academy Q and Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne?
Are they still in work, or what?

im wondering about Detective academy Q and Maburaho also, never saw kamikaze kaito jeanne, anyways, i typically stay faithful to the group i dl a series from, i dl'd det. academy Q from live-evil, not cuz i like them better or anything really, but cuz they had just released the packs and they were seeding nicely anyways, recently i decided to get ep 15 and 16 from Anime-Otakus, and they dl'd fast as lightning like 2 mins per ep. seriously lol, then i watched them and they turned out to be ep 13 and 14 in actuality...u could imagine my disappointment/anger, did this happen to anyone else?

maburaho, i dont think keep dropped it, i know that keep is having some staffing problems, they're short a few guys, so they're slow right now, maburaho will probably keepcoming but just at a slower pace, they'll probably let the series go for a bit, and then do a few eps at a time and release the lot of em

NoSanninWa
2004-01-06, 02:52
Stop whinging for new episodes. The ultimate rule in conjunction with this question is that it will be ready when it is ready. If you really want to know you should check the forums of the group in question. More often than not someone has already asked the question on their own forum and been told to shut up because they are still doing the anime saving you the trouble of looking like a fool.

portapottyguy
2004-01-19, 12:47
hey what happened to akeep?!! i love them. are they on a break or something? cuz damn i'm falling behind on my chrno crusade and full metal alchemist :hmm:

vio5555
2004-01-19, 13:08
hey what happened to akeep?!! i love them. are they on a break or something? cuz damn i'm falling behind on my chrno crusade and full metal alchemist :hmm:
they were probably on vacation or something
its been a week, sheesh, your falling behind in a show isn't their problem :nono: you should be more patient, a lot of groups have been releasing very slowly these past 2 weeks, give them a break, they'll release it soon :heh:

also, dont you have other things to do than just wait for cc or fma, you need to get a life if you're getting like that over anime

sorry if im being harsh, but people have been posting "where is this, where is that" and they just need to chill out and be patient

7thMethuselah
2004-01-19, 13:10
judging from the fact we had a few holidays lately they are probably still recoveering from their respective hangovers :)

or they're all college students and suddenly they realise their exams are next week and they haven't even bought the books yet ;)

zalas
2004-01-19, 21:56
judging from the fact we had a few holidays lately they are probably still recoveering from their respective hangovers :)

or they're all college students and suddenly they realise their exams are next week and they haven't even bought the books yet ;)

You guys have exams AFTER winter break? Or are you in China when you get Chinese New Years break instead? =P

You know, I wonder what would happen to these impatient downloaders if we pitched them back into the days of tapesubs... a few days of SHIPPING is a minimum :D

complich8
2004-01-20, 00:09
You guys have exams AFTER winter break? Or are you in China when you get Chinese New Years break instead? =P

I'm in the US, and we just started back here.... making things rather hectic trying to buy books and get schedules straightened out and fall into niches and get the feel for classes.

That, and the bastards in one class already assigned a paper due next week. JEESH. :p.

I imagine some of the people in a lot of other groups are in the same situation: first week or two of classes, or classes just about to start back, or whatever. I know of some people in europe who have exams about now too... lots of craziness going on. And it's all college's fault!

JediNight
2004-01-20, 03:30
People like this really piss me off. Hey buddy guess what, we aren't obligated to provide you with jack. Everyone had holidays stuff to do, or was on vacation in alot of groups. Even if that wasn't the case, be grateful you get anything at all, and just bc you don't get your fix for 1-2 weeks doesn't give you any right to complain.

)(#&%)(@#&% grrr I need a gun that shoots ppl back in time to tapesubs times and see how they like having the choice of maybe half a dozen series a year and 3-4 eps every couple MONTHS....

Deralti
2004-01-20, 10:28
to jedinight: I sympathize, but calm down, please? Most people often forget that there are humans at the other end doing subbing for animes that these people go for like crack. :/

I always wondered if fansubs were even CREATED back then... neat.

EmptySoul
2004-01-20, 10:36
Yeah it's probably people being busy with school starting. I know things are being hecktic for me as well. It's hard work to do subs and stuff, we all have our lives to live and things to take care of. Just be patient, it's not like a couple weeks of no cc will kill you or anything. School > fansubs. That is and has always been my motto in this, I think that I share that motto with most fansubbers, at least those of us who are in college or high school or whatever. Just be patient and wate.

xris
2004-01-20, 10:54

These are the sort of threads we don't want thank you.

It gets really tedious seeing these sort of 'complaints', makes you wonder why the fansub groups should do you the favour of translating and creating the fansubs for you in the first place.

Closing thread.

Ranko
2004-02-12, 22:06
anyone know what happened to these guys they were good.

Tellu54
2004-02-12, 22:43

-
Tellu54, Sugar-Cube TL

Lucier
2004-02-12, 23:07
They seem quite alive and well to me...
in their chan, as well as the fact that their TL just posted here...

Ranko
2004-02-12, 23:18
thanks, just woundering if i'd ever be able to down load the nice small sized marburaho S-C version ever again.
now that i know thier alive i'll go back to waiting.

lavalyn
2004-02-13, 00:32
Tellu has been trying to have S-C drop Maburaho for a while now - I wager it's all his fault that they haven't released.

Tellu54
2004-02-13, 02:54
Would you believe it's not, actually?
Here's irony for you, for all my random bannings and threats, etc. I've had scripts for 11 and 12 sitting around for like a month now.

the_skdster
2004-03-18, 21:19
Topic says it all.
Ahhh! going crazy! Ahhhh!
Can't finish downing Gundam ZZ!
AHHHHH!
yeah...

NightWish
2004-03-18, 21:36
Nothing has happened to them -- their website etc. work fine. It would appear there is a problem with the tracker they use to host torrents though; but there is nothing we can do about that except wait for it to come back.

This is the WRONG place to ask about such things so I'm going to close the thread -- you should to try the "download help" forum next time (although let me stress again there isn't anything we can do about their tracker).

Lastly if you want more information on tracker problems and the little yellow warning symbols -- check out "The Ultimate Guide to AnimeSuki" and the sticky posts in the "download help" forum.

Kaoru27Umi
2004-04-09, 20:20
Konnichiwa minna!

i was wondering if anything knows anything about Saiyaman's website, it's been in a frozen state for like 2 weeks! Is it just me or is nothing getting subbed and the raws aren't coming out either
:sad:
i'm upset i love his site, and he's always on top of things, especially with getting the RAWs out!

if anyone has any news, please please talk to me! :)

~~~>Kaoru

DrWho2002
2004-04-09, 22:58
If you read the home page of Saiyaman's page, you'd see that he said he was moving, so there wouldn't be anything for awhile. I don't know if he'll be back, who knows? Best thing to do is to just keep going back to the home page and see if he posts anything to update his situation.

Riku540
2004-06-22, 08:44
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what ever happened to the Naruto fansubs done by Toriyama’s World? I really liked their versions of the Naruto fansubs, and am a little saddened by their discontinuation of the series.

hi no ken Jebus
2004-06-22, 08:50
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what ever happened to the Naruto fansubs done by Toriyama’s World? I really liked their versions of the Naruto fansubs, and am a little saddened by their discontinuation of the series.

to my knowledge they havent dropped they just take long to release since they have lives of their own. If you want more answers drop by their website and ask them.

Riku540
2004-06-22, 09:14
to my knowledge they havent dropped they just take long to release since they have lives of their own. If you want more answers drop by their website and ask them.
I’ve emailed them before but have gotten no reply. I realize that they have lives too; I was just a little concerned seeing that they are currently 37 episodes behind soon to be 38. Their last release was in September 2003 aside from the Jump Festa 2004 DVD released in May.

Suikun
2004-06-22, 09:30
Nothing against them or anything, but the people there at Toriyama's World always made subbing the Naruto anime sound so much more like it was just a major pain in their ass more than it sounded like a project they enjoyed, so I wasn't surprised when their releases suddenly stopped keeping up with Anbu & AonE's like they used to.

Torturer
2004-07-22, 07:41
Hi there. Anyone know what happened to shinsens subs. Both the website and the tracker do not work. Being trying to get ragnarok from them.

SirCanealot
2004-07-22, 11:21
They're probably experiencing temporary technical problems.

Either that or they have BANNED you from the tracker or website.
I'll leave you to decide what has happaned.

Heh, just try it tomorow, or something.

niko
2004-07-22, 13:04
Yeah, their host is having problems. There are backup one at: http://koti.mbnet.fi/bttrack/Shinsen/

GarBhaD
2004-07-22, 13:19
If you want to visit Shinsen's main page:
http://shinsen.no-ip.com/
If you want to access the tracker, go here
http://koti.mbnet.fi/bttrack/Shinsen/
Next time you don't know what's going on, try to access the fansubers' irc channel. :)

Torturer
2004-07-23, 02:41
Thanks for the info guys.

Yuun
2004-07-23, 04:10
Hmm... i wonder what have happen...? I hope that they could resume back their work as soon as possible. Well then, Good luck to all the Shinsen crews.... Ganbatte!!! :)

VincentRPG
2004-07-23, 17:54
Hi everyone, I'm Vincent, leader of Shinsen. I apologize about our technical problems. It seemed the person who hosted the torrent site and our webpage came into some computer problems and vanished. But have no fear! We got everthing almost back and running. Torrent site is as what was posted above as well as webpage. But since the webpage still links to the dead dns and our other webmaster is still gone, we can't update our releases. But, no worries, Ragnarok will be released like it always is on friday, and you can just drop by #Shinsen-subs @ irc.rizon.net and pick up your weekly dosage of Ragnarok!

Thanks for the support
Vincent

crimsonsentinel
2004-08-06, 12:50
I've been on vacation for the past 1.5 months, so I've been out of the loop. I go to their forums and they say they're down. Does anyone know what happened?

zindryr
2004-08-07, 08:24
I've been on vacation for the past 1.5 months, so I've been out of the loop. I go to their forums and they say they're down. Does anyone know what happened?

Bakakage, (home of Bakafish), has been down for sometime because we had been recieving many DDoS attacks and things like that, so much so that our host dropped us without giving us our money back. Currently we are getting a new host, and expect to see us back up with a public website sometime in the near future.

Kage Bunshin
2004-08-10, 13:00
Thats great to hear zindryr

zindryr
2004-08-11, 10:08
What, the fact that we were getting DDoS'ed? :P Just kidding. As is, we should be back up in the next couple of days, I'd say three at the most, but expect it to be a little less than that. (Still waiting on the DNS to switch over in one final area.)

VagrantSaga
2004-09-09, 19:31
Is Ryosekai down?, because when I go to their site, it brings me to this site that has some error spacer links.

NoSanninWa
2004-09-09, 20:54
Dunno. Let's take a look at #RyoSekai@Irc.Rizon.Net:

* Now talking in #Ryosekai
* Topic is ' .:Welcome to #RyoSekai:. [Website: http://www.RyoSekai.com ][Releases: Love Love 01 [6B4C02F3], Love Love 02 [44978610], Love Love 03 [47BDCD68] ][News:Site is gone for now =(. New Server coming soon! ][Want to join a fansubbing group? Join #RyoSekai-Recruit ][XDCC Bots: /msg [RyoS]*Name* XDCC List]'

VagrantSaga
2004-09-09, 21:22
Oh okay, thanks for the reply.

IzumiShiro
2004-09-10, 17:55
Hello everyone!
Sorry for our site being down... RyoSekai.com Webhost shut us off for reasons
that didn't even have evidence and I find this to suck...

Oh...well I got three new webhosting servers coming up so we should be back up soon.
I want to release but can't because webhost when it took the site down it
took our tracker down with it so hope you guys can wait abit for our tracker
and site to come back.
When it does come back prepare to download!

VagrantSaga
2004-09-10, 22:00
Glad to hear that IzumiShiro. Are you going to keep the url as ryosekai.com or you'll going to change it?

IzumiShiro
2004-09-11, 09:50
I'm going to Transfer the Domain. So we will still be RyoSekai.com

VagrantSaga
2004-09-11, 19:24
Alright thanks for the feed back IzumiShiro, can't wait until you're back and releasing Love Love again.

rman0099
2004-09-22, 00:59
Mutsu? I havent seen any of there releases in months. I know they were having problems but l from what I heard last they were going to continue their projects.

xris
2004-09-22, 03:09
Mutsu?
The group that subs licensed series? Sorry but we don't allow help when the question involves licensed material (and they do licensed anime).

LoveOfAnime
2004-09-25, 13:53
I did a search and found no threads. I am wondering if anyone knows what became of a.f.k.? They were fansubbing Aishiteruze Baby and Soukyuu no Fafner and then just stopped mid-july. They have no website to check. If I knew more about irc channels and chat and such I would visit their's. If anyone knows anything it would be appreciated, as they put out high quality fansubs and I just liked their releases. :)

SirCanealot
2004-09-25, 14:45
They've gone dead large periods of time in the past before, so this may be another case of that.
I guess someone important in their chain of command is busy, so no subs.

Though, I really can't say for certain, that is probably the case.

LoveOfAnime
2004-09-25, 14:58
They've gone dead large periods of time in the past before, so this may be another case of that.
I guess someone important in their chain of command is busy, so no subs.

Though, I really can't say for certain, that is probably the case.

Thank You, I had no idea so is good to know. :D

lamer_de
2004-09-25, 15:56
Taken from thier irc topic:

> t-l/timer/typesetter (all the same person) on vacation, don't ask for releases.¤ '

CU,
lamer_de

zalas
2004-09-25, 19:54

> t-l/timer/typesetter (all the same person) on vacation, don't ask for releases.¤ '

CU,
lamer_de
*goes and kidnaps Strato*

SirCanealot
2004-09-26, 09:27
*sigh* I keep tryin' to tell these damn fansubbers that a life outside of fansubbing is NOT allowed

^^

zalas
2004-09-26, 14:12
You know... I wonder if maybe someone should put in an advisory note about the forums saying that just because a group hasn't released stuff in a while doesn't mean they are dead and that if you are really worried about it, you should go visit the IRC channel of that group (assuming they have one).

GHDpro
2004-09-26, 19:52

CU,
lamer_de
That's one SERIOUSLY long vaction... I mean: I'm pretty sure that message was
there a month ago as well. Maybe longer!

Sigh... it's the same thing from last year all over again...

Back then they didn't release anthing between 2003-06-13 and 2003-09-25, and
didn't release a non-DVD-version-rerelease-in-cooperation-with-another-group episode
of a series until 2003-12-06!

Oh well... as long as they'll revive again this time (some time) :)

EV|RockLee
2004-09-27, 12:52
The Irony is thast AFK in some cases means "Away From keyboard"

don't know what the subbing group means, but it's funny.

their Aishiteruze Baby releases were the ebst, and Full moon wo Sagashite was AMAZING. my favorite show, they did ti ^_^

NoSanninWa
2004-09-27, 17:32
That's one SERIOUSLY long vaction... I mean: I'm pretty sure that message was
there a month ago as well. Maybe longer!

Sigh... it's the same thing from last year all over again...

Back then they didn't release anthing between 2003-06-13 and 2003-09-25, and
didn't release a non-DVD-version-rerelease-in-cooperation-with-another-group episode
of a series until 2003-12-06!

Oh well... as long as they'll revive again this time (some time) :)
It's a shame because they did the best version of Aishiteruze Baby. I kept waiting for them to get back to it, but after two months I finally broke down and get the AonE version which is nearly as good except for their encoding. I guess I'll have to wait for afk to get back to it before I burn them though...

LoveOfAnime
2004-09-27, 17:56
It's a shame because they did the best version of Aishiteruze Baby. I kept waiting for them to get back to it, but after two months I finally broke down and get the AonE version which is nearly as good except for their encoding. I guess I'll have to wait for afk to get back to it before I burn them though...

I am so there with you.......They did the best and I waited several episodes to finally catch up and You are not the only one that will be dling them when AFK versions finally come out. :)

Kagari-chan
2004-09-27, 21:51
I'm just waiting for a.f.k. I stopped downloading when they stopped subbing,

StarCreator
2004-09-28, 08:52
The Irony is thast AFK in some cases means "Away From keyboard"

don't know what the subbing group means, but it's funny.
I know what it means, but I'm sworn to secrecy x_X

Lord Raiden
2004-09-28, 09:26
Yeah, I'm also waiting for A.F.K.'s version of Aishiteruze baby before I burn mine as well because I fully agree that they most definately have the best version overall. :D

I just wish they didn't take all this blasted downtime. :(

Skye McCloud
2004-11-02, 02:09
I really have no idea if this was addressed before, but I'd like to find out. What happened to AnimeOne with subbing Naruto? None of the sites I've checked have any information in regards to this.

Joker-kun
2004-11-02, 02:18
1 simple thing happned, dirty unfaithful, leechers. Think, half went to anime-heaven, now theres have is split between them and db, then when ANBU split with Aone, half went to ANBU of AA's fans, and now slowly Aone's half (which is a quarter of everything) is slowly going to ANBU, db or AH, so its turned into about 1 eighth, and so why would Aone wanna put so much work into show that only 1 eigth the fans go to? The satement is generalized, but I think you get what I mean.

Enragin_Angel
2004-11-02, 02:27
This thread only invites speculation and eventually flaming of naruto groups.

Fel
2004-11-02, 03:01
There are plenty (more than) enough groups doing Naruto as it is.
What we need more of is Sergeant Keroro groups :)

NoSanninWa
2004-11-02, 04:24
What happened is that AonE is busy subbing Naruto for anyone who wants to download their version. They just finished episode 104 three days ago. If that isn't fast enough for you, then download someone else's version. Surely you don't expect them to put out another episode in only three days, so there's just no excuse for creating a thread of this type.

Fon
2004-11-09, 22:29
http://staticsubs.depthstrike.com/

their torrent site closed?

iluid
2004-11-10, 02:46
Why are so many people too damn lazy to go on irc? If you go to their irc channel the new site is clearly listed. I'm not going to give the link because I feel if people care they should take 2 minutes of their time and use irc to find it.

NoSanninWa
2004-11-10, 04:21
They say on that page that it is because of channel politics, so I am closing this thread to keep the argument from spilling onto our forum. As for the new torrent site, I updated AnimeSuki. I just wish that they'd bothered to tell us so that we wouldn't have to find out when people complained about it.

hawick
2004-11-26, 21:27
Anime Xtreme has been one of my favorite groups. However, since a week or more ago, i find myself unable to log into the site. It's always down. And so i thought it's the usual maintenence or something but it's been down for so long. Does anybody know what happened to it? If you have some clue, please state so, Thanks alot.

lamer_de
2004-11-27, 05:12
They're primarily a DVD rip group and sub licensed anime, so do not ask for them. IRC is the way to check if a group is still alive.

CU,
lamer_de

Sakaki-
2004-11-27, 06:40
Anime Xtreme has been one of my favorite groups. However, since a week or more ago, i find myself unable to log into the site. It's always down. And so i thought it's the usual maintenence or something but it's been down for so long. Does anybody know what happened to it? If you have some clue, please state so, Thanks alot.

Yeah and these You know what happend with x group posts are retarded, when you can just jump on irc on their chan and find them.

GHDpro
2004-11-27, 07:13
It might have something to do with the admin(s) of Anime-Xtreme.com trying to setup a
online DVD shop, and obviously having a DVD shop and running a DVD rip site don't mix.

But I can only speculate if this is the case, and can't give anymore details than that.

tupou
2004-12-01, 15:18
That's got to be one the more bizarre ideas I've heard of.

Quarkboy
2004-12-01, 15:45
No wait, that makes perfect, evil sense. They rip like, the first two dvd's of a show, and then refuse to rip the rest but offer "deals" on them through their shop. The stupider of the leachers would really fall for it (though I suppose that's even more immoral and illegal than normal dvd-rip groups).

mcovey
2004-12-02, 06:41
They have a section in the groups section here at animesuki.
and I have gotten Love Hina from them, which was 24 legit episodes. But I liked it so much I bought it. And the manga. :D

GHDpro
2004-12-02, 08:19
To clarify my words:

- Afaik Anime-Xtreme.com was run by the same people as another popular anime torrents site,
which is still online right now. Main difference between them was that AX listed DVD rips.

- It is a _fact_ that the people who run that other anime torrent site (and thus most likely AX.com as well)
are trying to setup a online DVD shop. I've already visited it. They're just not quite ready yet.

- With "But I can only speculate if this is the case..." I was referring to whether the opening
of the DVD shop and the closing of AX.com has any relation to eachother.

- And afaik, yes, last time I checked AX only offered complete series and/or seasons for download.

AnimeOni
2004-12-02, 20:59
If I remembered right, AX also did WildStriker with Sekai but that died about a year (or two) ago.

To add to GHDPro, additional reasons why AX died.

One of the Admins was getting hammered about how slow he was ripping DVDs by leechers and making them available so he basically told everyone to screw themselves.

As the saying goes, crime doesn't pay :P

BTime
2004-12-02, 22:34
I just went to check their website, which I tend to do about every 2 weeks, and it would seem that thier domain has been assimilated.

Anyone know what's up with AC?

http://www.animeco.org/

jalana
2004-12-02, 23:01
They're still around. Check their IRC channel. #animeco @ irc.animeco.org

StarCreator
2004-12-03, 14:46
That's strange. If their domain switched hands, how is their IRC address (which is on the same domain) still resolving properly? (Or is it?)

Hiyawu
2004-12-03, 17:40
Did they chage their address or something?

NightWish
2004-12-03, 17:45
Maybe... you should try asking them (http://animesuki.eternalanime.com/group.php/305.html)? (On their forum or IRC channel?)

Hiyawu
2004-12-03, 17:51
thanks a lot

Nikolai
2004-12-03, 19:15
It doesn't look like their domain switched hands...they're probably either moving to a new Web server or their current one is having configuration problems.

nekodar
2004-12-05, 04:43
Our webhost died. And I believe we had the DNS with them as well, as irc.animeco.org could not be resolved for a while. It works now because the domain has been transferred to another server.

We are in the process of setting up a new site, but I have no idea when that will be up and running. Until then just follow the topic in our irc channel, or look at our BT site for any new releases (none lately, though more nadja should come before the end of the year).

kikko_s
2004-12-05, 12:03
Does anyone know what happened to SEED Fansubs? Their site seems to be down and none of their bittorrent dl stuff works. I was counting on having their sub of GSD episode 8 out today...but I'm kinda worried now.

Calca
2004-12-13, 21:38
Strange, a few days after declaring they'll continue doing media blasters projects

Breogan
2004-12-13, 22:07
A-K's domain resolves to the machine where www.downloadanime.org is hosted. I heard they had some troubles with spam so they closed the site as a temporary measure.
WannabeFansubs is still there, they just had a server failure.

jpwong
2004-12-13, 23:20
If you visited A-Keep's IRC channel, you'd see this "Website currently moving host. 1-2 days downtime."

ChoBaka
2004-12-14, 00:45
Rumors fly when anime fans' faint hearts are bothered with worry...

hooliganj
2004-12-14, 02:55
If they both went down at the same time, I would suspect that their web hosts got C&D letters, too. That would be totally normal legal tactics. Of course, there is no proof.

lamer_de
2004-12-14, 02:58
And you know, there's a difference between Media Factory, Inc. (Japanese company) and Media Blasters, Inc. (US company), too.

CU,
lamer_de

Sairai_X
2004-12-14, 09:26
From what I've heard, A-Keep was hacked and somebody used their hacked domain to send out spam mail, violating their TOS and 'causing their provider to shut them down. Don't know if this is true or not.
But it's definately not a C&D.

Borka
2004-12-18, 18:44
Hi everybody, I'm new here.. (not new to animésuki thou..)
I just wondred, if somebody knows what has happend to Aoi-Animé?
they got some stuff I want, but it looks like thier server is down or something?
I searched, but could not find anything about it..

Lord Raiden
2004-12-18, 18:45
1. This should be asked in the fansubbers irc chan.
2. Last I heard they're on a very long break for reasons unknown.

JoeStoppable
2004-12-28, 21:08
I was just wondering if AYU Fansub group stopped doing Rozen Maiden. Cause I just checked on a mIRC channel and they seem to have finished the series a long time ago. So does anyone have any info on this?

ChainLegacy
2004-12-28, 21:33
I was wondering the same myself, and it is a shame, since I kind of liked this series..

AzureSky
2004-12-29, 00:28
check this:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=403028&postcount=210

molitar
2006-01-22, 10:45
Well baka-updates went down early morning hours and is still down. I been looking for an irc channel for them to see what happened but I have not been able to find the right channel. Anybody know what happened to baka-updates? Or the irc channel for them?

hanyou_gez
2006-01-25, 17:02
I have noticed that this wonderful group that was the sole fangroup that brought us the wonderful short episodes of Damekko Doubutsu along with a few other series has mysteriously disappeared.

I would search them out on irc, but I thought there might be a simpler answer here. However, it seems this forum dislikes me and won't allow me to search if the group's disappearance has been mentioned already.

So, any idea what has happened to the group? I was so impressed by their work when they began releasing and now it is a shame they seemed to have gone.

Sylf
2006-01-25, 17:16
Read this blog entry (http://community.livejournal.com/ryuu_rogue/) - it gives you updates on what's going on within the group.

Lucas
2006-02-05, 22:18
I wonder what has happened to Lunar Anime since the Bleach project is stalled for so long. I'm not asking when the sub is coming out, but I just can't help wondering what is going on. Is there a major shakeup or something? Or is it becuase of the transition from avi to the new format?

getfresh
2006-02-05, 22:21
more then likely they have rl issues or started playing mmorpgs or got girlfriends or whatever. If they dropped it I'm sure they'd have said so. So do whats best and least annoying and just wait ^^

ShadowClone
2006-02-05, 22:33
Here's something I got from Bleach7.com:

Originally Posted By fiberOptiC of Lunar Team
ok, here is an official response from those on the bleach team. We have been slow because of computer problems with one of the main members of our team. His computer could not access the internet because his uni was being a b*st*rd. He's back online and we have done things to help him, but there are things he has to finish before I can get the eps encoded. The next thing that happened was that many things happened in his life here the past 2 weeks that were beyond his control. We are behind so we decided to just let it go while he worked things out. He has told me that he will finish the stuff up by this weekend. So, this means I will be quite busy this weekend hopefully. To be honest, if you are still around waiting on us patiently, thank you. The rest that left because of the delay, I could care less about. We do this for the joy of anime and life gets in our way sometimes. Thats ok. Badguy, I never considered lunar to be a speedsub group. We did things fast in the past, but we made sure we never cut corners. We just didnt get much sleep. We no longer do this sort of thing, 1. our lives have gotten more busy, 2. its not fun never sleeping. 3. School has gotten much harder for us since most of us are now upper classmen in college. Jr, and seniors, or even in graduate school now. Things are tougher yet we are still around. We have not dropped it, and will get them out asap. I would expect multiple releases soon. I cant say exactly when, but soon. Now, I must be off to go study.

lavielove
2006-02-05, 23:38
please, don't say..

Are You OK?

that's gonna be so tough for the other people who scraficed more than 5 hours for that 30 mins entertainment for you(if you are a fan-subber,sorry).The understanding is precious before you hurt the others.

Badguy, I never considered lunar to be a speedsub group

As for me I never think fansubbers are badguys , they are people who like to share the experience they enjoy.

May be that "R U OK ?" can be a different meaning if you really worry about them and you would like to help them in some other ways.If it is a case, I'm really glad for that.

[I'm not a fansubber,I'm just a dumb fan]

getfresh
2006-02-06, 00:04
lavielove, you are a dying breed of fan ^_^. No he prob didn't mean that he cared all he prob cares about is the same thing all lee... err... fans do these days, "Where _MY_ @$#%^& anime dammit" which is why fansubbers are such ass holes to fans alot cause they know whats behind sugar coating, and it annoys them.

Lucas
2006-02-06, 00:30
Thanks to the sarcastic remarks from getfresh. Probably better if you try understanding the meaning of my posts before you reply? I was sincerely asking about them when I asked if they were ok. If you can't help explain, then maybe silence is a better answer.

Thanks to ShadowClone for the enlightening posts. At least now I know what has happened to one of my fave fansubbing group.

Can't anyone be nice around here?

getfresh
2006-02-06, 01:04
no the undertone was quite clear. But you can say what you want to in attempt to mask the truth, it'll be the same in the end ;p

NoSanninWa
2006-02-06, 01:56
Lunar has their own forum AND irc channel where you can nag them directly. Please do so. I'd rather that they got to ban you if it suits their fancy since I don't enjoy it.

You can find their contact information here: http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/64.html

While ShadowClone has probably answered the question to most people's satisfaction, I'd rather not see questions like this one asked here when the group has their own presence on the internet.

Goldsplinter
2006-02-07, 20:08
Originally Posted By fiberOptiC of Lunar Team
ok, here is an official response from those on the bleach team. We have been slow because of computer problems with one of the main members of our team. His computer could not access the internet because his uni was being a b*st*rd. He's back online and we have done things to help him, but there are things he has to finish before I can get the eps encoded. The next thing that happened was that many things happened in his life here the past 2 weeks that were beyond his control. We are behind so we decided to just let it go while he worked things out. He has told me that he will finish the stuff up by this weekend. So, this means I will be quite busy this weekend hopefully. To be honest, if you are still around waiting on us patiently, thank you. The rest that left because of the delay, I could care less about. We do this for the joy of anime and life gets in our way sometimes. Thats ok. Badguy, I never considered lunar to be a speedsub group. We did things fast in the past, but we made sure we never cut corners. We just didnt get much sleep. We no longer do this sort of thing, 1. our lives have gotten more busy, 2. its not fun never sleeping. 3. School has gotten much harder for us since most of us are now upper classmen in college. Jr, and seniors, or even in graduate school now. Things are tougher yet we are still around. We have not dropped it, and will get them out asap. I would expect multiple releases soon. I cant say exactly when, but soon. Now, I must be off to go study.

................. :)

Zu Ra
2006-02-07, 20:30
Lunar is the best fansub for bleach subs.Translations and subbing is numero uno.I tend to watch Db sub at 1st,somedays later delete it .Use Lunar subs for archiving Bleach ^_^

Itachikun
2006-02-07, 21:07
Ya, I do that too. Archiving Lunar's Bleach, while getting whichever I think is better.
________
Honda crf50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CRF50)

shikamarufoo
2006-02-07, 21:58
Lunar is the best fansub for bleach subs.Translations and subbing is numero uno.I tend to watch Db sub at 1st watch somedays later delete it .Use Lunar subs for archiving Bleach ^_^
I do the exact same thing. DB comes out first but Lunar has better quality.

Aristophanes
2006-02-08, 00:15
Isn't there another thread like this?

NoSanninWa
2006-02-08, 01:12
Isn't that nice, we got the exact same quote from fiberOptiC posted TWICE! I love the internet.

BettiePage
2006-02-13, 14:33
I recall getting Da Capo from em a while back and when I checked to see what they have now... its all gone but for Elfen Lied OVA.

Most of the torrents they have up are dead or dried up and the ed2k releases dont seem to work either. Cant get the DC 14-17 dvd rips from em.

Is there a time of day when to DL stuff or have to use IRC now?

Catgirls
2006-02-13, 17:35
Is there a time of day when to DL stuff or have to use IRC now?According to their web site (http://www.anime-fin.net/), they've basically move communications to ChatSociety.net (http://www.chatsociety.net/news.php) (#anime.fin @ irc.chatsociety.net). If you don't receive an answer here, you'll want to try their IRC channel or post at their mostly dead forums (http://anime-fin.net/forum/).

Fel
2006-02-14, 00:00
Most of their torrents are usually dead.

FarthingRedFox
2006-03-13, 21:17
Whatever happened to them?
Their site has been down for 3 months now
and the told me before the site went down is that they are trying to finish subbing Post Pet Momobin

and of course they will have NO interest in subbing the new season of the Ocha-Ken anime due to they are moving away from anime and move on to subbing PVs

and now here we are
and Mognet hasn't submit nor posted a thing ever since
and Their site hasn't come back up

Has Soulfang thrown the towel already?

Soulfang
2006-03-13, 21:26
Whatever happened to them?
Their site has been down for 3 months now
and the told me before the site went down is that they are trying to finish subbing Post Pet Momobin

and of course they will have NO interest in subbing the new season of the Ocha-Ken anime due to they are moving away from anime and move on to subbing PVs

and now here we are
and Mognet hasn't submit nor posted a thing ever since
and Their site hasn't come back up

Has Soulfang thrown the towel already?
...Huh?

I haven't done anything with Mognet in a long, long time...

Mr_Paper
2006-03-13, 21:33
Have you, I don't know, tried asking them directly? PM? Email? IRC?

Somehow, actually asking them in person seems like it would better and faster results than random speculation on a forum. You might even figure out the answers to your questions without having to ask a question.

FarthingRedFox
2006-03-13, 21:37
...Huh?

I haven't done anything with Mognet in a long, long time...

If that's true
How come the site has been down for so long?

Mr_Paper
2006-03-13, 21:46
Tried joining their IRC channel and reading the topic?

Don't Panic! Site down while moving to new hosting company! Back soon

el
2006-03-14, 01:31
The site has NOT been down for three months. It went down around the end of last month, as it is currently being switched to a new service provider, as the topic in the IRC channel states (and as Mr_Paper states <_<).

brama
2006-04-04, 11:19
is anyone else having difficulty opening anime-empire's site. every time i try to open it, my browser keeps saying website not found. been like this for the last couple of days.

Eeknay
2006-04-04, 12:01
Works just fine. Maybe your ISPs DNS servers are on the fritz.

Catgirls
2006-04-04, 13:10
Just tried it. Works fine for me.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2637/empire9io.th.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=empire9io.jpg)

Try all the usual stuff. Clear out your browser cache, delete cookies, check your network settings, get a new ISP, etc...

Seska
2006-04-04, 13:21
confirm it, too. Work fine with me.

Try,

Ipconfig /flushdns

Perhaps you will get rid of it.

Mfg,
Seska

brama
2006-04-04, 13:53
i can open anime-empire.com but not anime-empire.net. i'm trying to download capeta ep 12, but can't seem to open the torrent much less the site. i tried to flush my dns but when i tried to ping the site, it couldn't find it. thanks for all the help so far.

Catgirls
2006-04-04, 15:04
i can open anime-empire.com but not anime-empire.net. i'm trying to download capeta ep 12, but can't seem to open the torrent much less the site. Did you try grabbing it from the AnimeSuki page?

-> http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/701.html

I show 95 seeds for Ep 12. Try that.

brama
2006-04-05, 01:40
Did you try grabbing it from the AnimeSuki page?

-> http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/701.html

I show 95 seeds for Ep 12. Try that.

yeah, thats what i tried first. anime-empire.net torrents and the site are the only ones i'm having a problem with. i can download other torrents without a problem. never had a problem with anime-empire.net torrents till i tried to download capeta ep 12

getfresh
2006-04-10, 21:05
i can open anime-empire.com but not anime-empire.net. i'm trying to download capeta ep 12, but can't seem to open the torrent much less the site. i tried to flush my dns but when i tried to ping the site, it couldn't find it. thanks for all the help so far.

anime-empire.com has nothing to do with anime-empire.net. And yes we have had it reported to us that a number of people are having issues. None of the staff have had this error yet, and without first hand experiance it is difficult to pinpoint just what is wrong. I suggest someone with moderate networking knowledge, and who is experiancing the resolving issue to tracert our site and see if it is a bad route. Till then use asuki's tracker listing or come to the channel and download from bots.

Sorry ~_~

Handren
2006-04-11, 17:32
None of their torrents are working for me...

AllGamer
2006-04-25, 15:46
anyone know if Lunar stopped subbing for REC? :(

all the other groups have finished already :uhoh:

ObsidianZ
2006-06-14, 03:05
Wannabe Fansub's page has been down for about a week now...anyone know what happened?

raideralan
2006-06-24, 10:45
Does anyone know if they are gone for good?

Swampstorm
2006-06-24, 11:06
Does anyone know if they are gone for good?
We're still around, albeit website-less, at the moment. Just be patient. ;)

Truth-kun
2006-06-24, 11:25
Check their IRC. They are still there. ^^

Shinigami Marco
2006-10-24, 17:59
Anyone know anything about this fansub group?

NightShade
2006-12-18, 23:40
Now is a dating page????? O_o wtf

Catgirls
2006-12-18, 23:52
Now is a dating page????? O_o wtfMaybe they let the domain name expire. Try asking in their IRC channel.

-> #mendoi@irc.rizon.net

Cheers. :)

IRJustman
2006-12-18, 23:56
Maybe they let the domain name expire. Try asking in their IRC channel.

-> #mendoi@irc.rizon.net

Cheers. :)

Cybersquatters, along with spammers and virus writers, are the lowest forms of life on the Internet. I probably oughtn't say what's truly on my mind as to what to do with these goons.

--Ian.

belpegor
2006-12-19, 00:40
lack of funds hehehe :D their webspace got removed :D it happens

atilim
2006-12-20, 15:29
So what will happen to there future releases, will they continue and we just have too wait until there site is back online.

the.Merines
2006-12-20, 16:10
As of now you could check their tracker page (a.scarywater.net/mendoi) or check on IRC. Having a homepage isn't really necessary when these two sources are available.

ScR3WiEuS
2006-12-20, 16:37
lol.
we kinda forgot about extending the site another year.
no worries tho, we payed like, the day after it expired. it should be back soon.
if not, we'll just make a new one.

Ruruna
2007-05-23, 06:58
Have they disbanded? Or dropped off the face of the earth? :S I haven't seen any of their fansubs in a while and their old ones have been taken off.

Karnot
2007-06-22, 09:35
Anyone knows what happened with these guys ?
Great releases, but now its channel is "invite only", what the hell ?

Ranma Saotome
2007-09-20, 01:00
I noticed that the subbers of Miracle Girls and other series haven't released anything in 2 years,and a visit to their site implies that cybersquatters have taken over it.Has Aikousha gone AWOL or have they exited fansubbing?:confused:

Chiibi
2007-09-27, 12:03
a.f.k. is going to finish Lucky Star, right?

Sylf
2007-09-27, 14:35
To quote #a.f.k.'s IRC channel topic exactly:
why would we know the answer?

Chiibi
2007-09-28, 10:22
Well I WOULD get on their channel except that IRC hates me.:heh:

thechinizzdee
2007-10-29, 16:26
I would also like to know what happend to this group? I've been hooked on the Candy Candy series for a while now and they seem to be the fansub group who took the initiative to fansub it, but they only did ep. 1-54.......what about ep.55-115?

Have they gone underground or what?

darkbalmunk
2008-01-11, 20:04
what happened to TV nihon im unable to connect to their site now is it down and out or was there a change that effects some ppl and i will need to change something on my computer before i can go on their site

bayoab
2008-01-11, 20:20
1. Punctuation.
2. The DNS on their site changed and the new DNS is not propagating very well. http://claws.us is a mirror.

Asrialys
2008-01-23, 00:46
Hm...I think Lunar just declared themselves dead after completing the sola DVD specials today. Good group.

navin75
2008-04-13, 17:10
What happen to shin-getter fansubs i went to thier web page it was offline

www.shin-getter.net. I hope it is not end of this group!:(

noir senshi
2008-04-15, 07:41
Hm...I think Lunar just declared themselves dead after completing the sola DVD specials today. Good group.

Really?

I am saddened, back in the day when I used to download fansubs profusely, I used to adore Lunar. Are they really gone?

the.Merines
2008-04-15, 11:28
I've been told they would be 'dead' after finishing Gigantic Formula.

False Dawn
2008-04-15, 15:12
Not dead, from what I've heard, just lacking on available staff. But then, a lot of groups are suffering from that at the moment, and even though groups "die", they're rarely gone forever. After all, gg have revived - Lunar may meet similar good fortune.

noir senshi
2008-04-16, 02:01
Oh I see, I hope they don't leave the scene permanently but then again with their quality work, they may have earned their break.

Sorry for asking noob questions but is animeyuki, AOne and anbu still alive? My favourite fansubbing group of all time, TW has been dead for a while now, right?

Yeah I'm just recently getting back into anime again. :D

False Dawn
2008-04-16, 05:21
AnimeOne is still alive - I think they're jointing with Conclave on a series this season, in fact.

juggen
2008-04-19, 16:20
Macross F, fuck yeah!

They are also doing Nabari no Ou with Conclave.

Dunno about ANBU and Anime-Yuki though.

sangofe
2008-04-21, 05:07
Macross F, fuck yeah!

They are also doing Nabari no Ou with Conclave.

Dunno about ANBU and Anime-Yuki though.

ANBU's not been so active, but AnY comes out with a MaR now and then.

Dig-Doug Dougram
2008-04-27, 03:01
What happen to shin-getter fansubs i went to thier web page it was offline

www.shin-getter.net. I hope it is not end of this group!:(

I want to second this question in case it was missed the first time round, as no one replied and I haven't been able to access their site or forums for a week now as well. Their completion of the Ideon fansubbing alone earns them a place of honor in my heart.

big snorlax
2008-05-04, 16:24
I want to second this question in case it was missed the first time round, as no one replied and I haven't been able to access their site or forums for a week now as well. Their completion of the Ideon fansubbing alone earns them a place of honor in my heart.

According to Prons, Shin Getter Fansubs is still around it's just that their website exploded. :D

Dig-Doug Dougram
2008-05-04, 19:34
Thanks, big snorlax! I appreciate you passing that info along as I don't have any contact info. Both you and the Shins rock mighty!

Cat Megex
2008-05-18, 19:30
Anybody know what's up with Ayako, now that the domain's expired?

edogawaconan
2008-05-19, 01:27
Anybody know what's up with Ayako, now that the domain's expired?

alive and kicking

#ayako@irc.rizon.net (irc://irc.rizon.net/ayako)

Shichinintai
2008-07-02, 05:36
I've really been wanting to go to Ayako's site and see what they've been up to. They've still been subbing and releasing anime but they don't have a main site up, since their last one (at least the one at baka-updates) seems to have died. They don't put the link either into any of their works, so I'm left wondering just where I can go to to see what their doing...

xris
2008-07-02, 06:23
Try their forum

Ayako forum (http://ayako-fansubs.eu/forum/)

Spirit Chicken!
2008-07-09, 21:51
Anybody have a clue on ILA? Elysion and all their other "classic" shows have been great but the site is lately GoDaddy junk and I've not heard a peep anywhere on releases or even what happened. If they went IRC only then I'll be crushed on account of not being "enough" to deal with the complexities of that with them.

edogawaconan
2008-07-13, 02:20
Anybody have a clue on ILA? Elysion and all their other "classic" shows have been great but the site is lately GoDaddy junk and I've not heard a peep anywhere on releases or even what happened. If they went IRC only then I'll be crushed on account of not being "enough" to deal with the complexities of that with them.

quoting from their channel's topic:
Welcome to ILA, we are the cartman of fansubbing | vhost = lifetime ban | no downloading while the site is down, akicked if you do | we need ideas for an insulting DNS for our new website, winner gets halfops!

IRC is easy btw.

Spirit Chicken!
2008-07-13, 06:14
Thanks for the heads up, what a relief.

I've managed some IRC stuff before....long ago....but they come across as pretty hardcore about the whole thing so I'd sooner not tempt it.

Tofusensei
2008-07-13, 16:47
Thanks for the heads up, what a relief.

I've managed some IRC stuff before....long ago....but they come across as pretty hardcore about the whole thing so I'd sooner not tempt it.

What's the worst that happens? They ban you from their channel? Then you're right back where you started.

-Tofu

Spirit Chicken!
2008-07-13, 19:51
Well yeah, but odd as it may be I try to avoid running afoul of folk and entities on the internet...just not worth it. I was/am content being a vocal "thanker" and whatnot on the comments section of the new entries they'd have on their front page. Now that I know, all I have to do is wait for them to fully resurrect with the torrents and whatnot.

WanderingKnight
2008-07-13, 23:15
IRC Howto:

1) /server irc.rizon.net (or whatever server the group's on, 99% of the time it's rizon).
2) /join #fansub-group-name
3) Get xdcc packlist from website or even the channel itself
4) /msg **Here-Be-Bot-Name** xdcc send #pack-number
5) ???
6) Profit.

Peanutbutter
2008-07-26, 03:13
What's the latest update of Deculture?

They were subbing Zettai Karen Children until their website went down.

Their website, afaik, is not fixed yet and I can't find recent episodes, whether they subbed it or not.

Koroku
2008-07-26, 12:56
[12:55] * Now talking in #deculture
[12:55] * Topic is 'Deculture | Zettai Karen Children | Want Translator | Episode 11 ~ HD: 66@Graham_Aker 56@Daryl_Dodge 57@Howard_Mason ~ SD: 67@Graham_Aker 57@Daryl_Dodge 58@Howard_Mason | DDL: http://deculture.godless-internets.org/ | Absolutely No Releases'
[12:55] * Set by StillDaggerX!~Chiko@Rizon-C7F08090.dyn.optonline.net on Sat Jul 19 01:57:05

blinx01
2008-08-16, 18:43
Was wondering what's happened to a.f.k?
They haven't released anything since the start of the year and I much prefer their work on Zetsubou Sensei than any other group.

fireshark
2008-08-19, 12:16
[10:15] *** Topic is: ><a.f.k.> �No @find/xdcc list� � ><Out:> Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 04 {F55CDB15} � Clannad 11 {15541BF9} � < BT: http://a.scarywater.net/afk/ > | What's that? Haruhi disappeared? Despair for some! Extended vacations for all! Announcement in... August?

n3uro
2008-08-22, 01:48
What happened to Saizen-Fansubs? Their website seems to be down and I can't find any information on google regarding the matter. For us crazy swedes fansub groups are quite important. :/

raziel666
2008-08-22, 04:28
What happened to Saizen-Fansubs? Their website seems to be down and I can't find any information on google regarding the matter. For us crazy swedes fansub groups are quite important. :/

You can always visit their irc channel. ;)

False Dawn
2008-08-22, 05:29

Saizen are still around - just had some technical problems with the website :D

sangofe
2008-08-22, 06:40

We're alive, do not fear. AMS is in Japan though, so we're having a slow period. The website being down was just bad timing.

oli
2008-08-23, 10:14
...damn :\

Haruyasha
2008-08-24, 04:35
quoting from their channel's topic:

IRC is easy btw.

vhost = lifetime ban ? Must be some kinda joke, and a good one at that. I admit I almost smiled.

A.M.S.
2008-08-25, 11:03

Yeah, I moved to Japan in August. Just getting properly settled in. As for the website, I'll probably post the gruesome details regarding this matter when we get it back ;) Till then, just chill; we're still kicking.

Blanchimont
2008-08-25, 12:11
Does anyone know what happened to Starlight-Fansubs?

Both their site and forums seem to have been off-line, or at least unreachable, for some time....

blinx01
2008-08-29, 18:23
Nice to know Saizen are still around. Looking forward to more Soul Eater releases.
Keep up the good work.

sangofe
2008-08-30, 04:11
Nice to know Saizen are still around. Looking forward to more Soul Eater releases.
Keep up the good work.

That specific project I'm not too sure about... We're waiting for a recruit to finish his typesetting test. Unless he delivers, it gets dropped (even though we have 19 eps translated, 16 timed, about 9 edited).

blinx01
2008-08-30, 05:55
That specific project I'm not too sure about... We're waiting for a recruit to finish his typesetting test. Unless he delivers, it gets dropped (even though we have 19 eps translated, 16 timed, about 9 edited).
Fingers crossed he passes then!

kurorin
2008-08-30, 06:24
I would like to know what happened to The -metal ? It was only group doing RD_Sennou_Chosashitsu and now i think nobody is subbing it, so?

martino
2008-08-30, 06:25
\an8 :D

(to sangofe)

sangofe
2008-08-30, 07:30
\an8 :D

(to sangofe)

Go tell that to Scab and you'll get kick-banned I think.

martino
2008-08-30, 13:09
I would like to know what happened to The -metal ? It was only group doing RD_Sennou_Chosashitsu and now i think nobody is subbing it, so?
Ureshii-Saizen are subbing it too FYI. But The-Metal is having some problems with translation(s). Doesn't mean that there won't be any more releases, but it may be quite a while.

juggen
2008-08-30, 20:01
Ureshii-Saizen also have TL problems ^^

Edit.
Apparently not anymore.

A.M.S.
2008-09-16, 00:58

Website back up :cool:

Polyfire
2008-09-30, 21:00
Ureshii wasn't responding today. I don't know if its down or offline, maybe their popularity caught up with them. :(

Sylf
2008-09-30, 21:21
"I think it's just taking time for the payment to post, last I read" -- from their channel, about 4 hours ago from this posting.

Last_Hope
2008-10-06, 15:08
I´m wondering where Bakawolf has gone hiding?

Starks
2008-10-06, 18:37
Aside from [^_^], have any of the AnimeJunkies tribute or resurrection groups ever been the real deal?

BowenArrow
2008-10-06, 23:28

Baka-Wolf is gone.
Baka-Wolf itself could be called 3 new groups.
sorta
not rly
lol.

tun
2008-10-06, 23:46

They were never a fansub group. They just had their name on our releases to advertise their DDL/Forums. After the previous owner was caught stealing donation money, we severed all ties with them.

Sukotto79
2008-12-08, 15:37
Is Lunar Anime still a active fansub group? The website has not been updated in over a year and the forums are no longer up any more. I jumped onto their irc but even though there were a bunch of people logged in. Nobody was talking and no one responded to my question. I was just wandering since they have always been one of my favourite fansub groups.

Koroku
2008-12-08, 18:13
They were releasing stuff this season, so I'd assume so.

(Though the series they were doing got licensed...)

bahamut zero
2008-12-09, 12:34
Is a.f.k. still there?

TheFluff
2008-12-09, 13:58
Is a.f.k. still there?
There, dead, but that is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

Navel
2008-12-09, 14:27
That was very good. You get a cookie. :D

bahamut zero
2008-12-09, 14:36
There, dead, but that is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.

Wow, pwned by lovercraff >__>

But, well, thanks^^"

SeijiSensei
2009-03-18, 09:29
I tried to visit Ureshii's website (http://www.ureshii-fansubs.org/) today and got a page for "Frostii" instead. Perhaps this is a virtual server configuration problem on the machines that hosts these sites? Ureshii's releases are still listed at scarywater (http://a.scarywater.net/ureshii/); it's just the website that isn't working at the moment.

Scab
2009-03-18, 09:37
I tried to visit Ureshii's website (http://www.ureshii-fansubs.org/) today and got a page for "Frostii" instead. Perhaps this is a virtual server configuration problem on the machines that hosts these sites? Ureshii's releases are still listed at scarywater (http://a.scarywater.net/ureshii/); it's just the website that isn't working at the moment.
That's likely intentional. Frostii = Froth-Bite + Ureshii.

SeijiSensei
2009-03-18, 10:04
I've seen them collaborate on some series recently, but I'm concerned that someone going to Ureshii's site expecting to find out about an older series like Dennou Coil will be puzzled indeed. There's no mention on the current home page that says anything about the status or fate of either of the predecessor groups.

Froth-Bite's website (http://www.froth-bite.com/) still exists as a separate entity, though there hasn't been a posting since last summer. There are links to more recent releases like Toshokan Sensou with a December date.

False Dawn
2009-03-18, 16:40
I've seen them collaborate on some series recently, but I'm concerned that someone going to Ureshii's site expecting to find out about an older series like Dennou Coil will be puzzled indeed. There's no mention on the current home page that says anything about the status or fate of either of the predecessor groups.

Froth-Bite's website (http://www.froth-bite.com/) still exists as a separate entity, though there hasn't been a posting since last summer. There are links to more recent releases like Toshokan Sensou with a December date.

Hi SeijiSensei, I can confirm that the ureshii website has been set up to automatically refer to the Frostii site. As ureshii isn't an entity any more, we've decided to get rid of most of the info on the site, so that's the reason for the auto-link. Also, if you check Frostii's first newspost (probably in the archive now), it mentions the union between ureshii and Frostii.

I actually thought all the torrents on the ureshii scarywater tracker had died by now, but it seems it hasn't. I'll raise the point among the staff and see what they say. Thanks for the heads up!

SeijiSensei
2009-03-18, 22:56
Are you suggesting that those torrents will be taken down in the near future? If so, I guess I'd better do another round of browsing before they disappear!

Sylphic
2009-05-01, 10:15
Is Eclipse still around? Their website has been down for days, something that's never ever happened before.

jfs
2009-05-01, 11:04
Is Eclipse still around? Their website has been down for days, something that's never ever happened before.

From their IRC channel topic:

Tracker has been shut down, we're working on things. Stay tuned.

Blanchimont
2009-05-01, 12:28
According to their channel, they're trying to set up a new site, and if they haven't been able to till the next release(s) they're planning to use public trackers for them...

So there's hardly any worry for anyone waiting for the next HnG etc release of theirs...

Edit; Eclipse has set up a new site, which is permanent, and even their old site should work now^^, though for the old site there's no guarantee it will last so I suggest you bookmark the new site once you find it...

Hallgaar
2009-05-19, 12:01
Anyone know what's up with rumbel? They slowed down on their posting and then today I go to their website and the domain is for sale.

ASR1FanSubs
2009-05-20, 21:00
Kiwi Anime
the site was last update in 03

asunder
2009-05-20, 22:18
@ASR1
Their website's last update pretty much spells out what happened to the group.

Very few groups are able to resurrect and come back from the dead *cough* <___< *cough* but that's really something short of a miracle.

ASR1FanSubs
2009-05-21, 02:03
@ASR1
Their website's last update pretty much spells out what happened to the group.

Very few groups are able to resurrect and come back from the dead *cough* <___< *cough* but that's really something short of a miracle.

Yeah I know. But alot of such group STILL have their sites up and running. Some not being update since 9 and even 11 years ago. makes you wonder why they would still pay to have it running.

General_Asakura
2009-06-02, 18:52
the joint "gss" fansubs, more specifically Sengoku basara.

TheFluff
2009-06-03, 06:52
that was an authentic chatlog xris you insensitive clod

Lady Scaper
2009-06-06, 16:27
Does anyone know if Yoroshiku, is on hiatus? (I checked their site.)

-KarumA-
2009-06-09, 04:03
also what happened to Aero D:
last releases they've made was in March and their website doesn't say anything about absence either
>: I really hoped they would release the other episodes of Mouryou no Hako

Revenger1589
2009-06-09, 13:50
last releases they've made was in March and their website doesn't say anything about absence either

Aero is dead, Norikumi is subbing Mouryo right now and from what I heard they are going to release some episodes soon, they were waiting for the BD. Hml-Rms did episode nine using tokzu's subs so maybe they will do ten now.

raziel666
2009-06-09, 14:03

Frostii are also planning to do Bluray rips of this series, so you might want to wait a while! ;)

npcomplete
2009-06-10, 01:18
speaking of Frostii, what about old Ureshii projects like Asatte no Houkou DVDs?

Koroku
2009-06-10, 02:16
They occasionally get released, but when they folded, a number of Ureshii projects got dropped, like Ghost Hound... and a couple others, i can't remember what.

metamorphic
2009-06-10, 06:29
Many of Ureshii and Froth-Bite's longtime projects — including Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora, the DVD releases for Asatte no Houkou and Black Jack — are currently being worked on, and we have plans to release them all.

totoum
2009-06-25, 16:44
Is spoonsubs still alive? the site hasn't been updated in a while.

I'm asking because GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class is coming out and spoonsubs worked on other art shows like Sketchbook and Hidamari Sketch.

Thanks for any info

Desbreko
2009-06-25, 18:37
I'm also hoping they'll finish the Hidamari Sketch x 365 DVD releases. I still haven't watched it because I hate 4:3 crops.

Revenger1589
2009-06-26, 06:23
I'm also hoping they'll finish the Hidamari Sketch x 365 DVD releases. I still haven't watched it because I hate 4:3 crops.

There's a batch torrent on TT for the subbed DVDs, I timed episodes 9.2 through 13 using Spoon's script, it was my first time timing but it's still better than watching it in 4:3.

toru310
2009-07-05, 05:56
Excuse me did eclipse no sekai got shot down? their site is still down :( any ideas? thank you

jfs
2009-07-05, 06:18
Eclipse is well alive. Their website just changed address... they've been releasing all the time.

toru310
2009-07-05, 19:31
Eclipse is well alive. Their website just changed address... they've been releasing all the time.

Whats the new domain? and yey :D

TheFluff
2009-07-05, 22:28
Whats the new domain? and yey :D

http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/

toru310
2009-07-06, 08:20
http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/

Thank you :)

falconzss
2009-07-20, 18:54
hey guys,

does anybody know what happend to the triad?

their website is still online but they haven't released anything since february.
it also seems like their forums have been flooded with spam.

sangofe
2009-07-21, 04:53
hey guys,

does anybody know what happend to the triad?

their website is still online but they haven't released anything since february.
it also seems like their forums have been flooded with spam.

I believe they're waiting around for Kaiji 2.