PDA

View Full Version : Shingetsutan Tsukihime 4 (possible spoilers)

Sukato
2003-11-03, 19:08
Tsukihime has easily become my favorite new series.

However, you can tell after seeing this episode that this is obviously an H-game turned anime, as every important female character already seems to be after the main character (though since it is a darker anime, it gives it more of a creepy feeling..)

Edit: Spoiler tags dont work yet.. :(, so I cant discuss what I wanted to lol..

Edit#2: Thx brightman, your method seems to work pretty well for now..anyway

Spoilers (highlight to read):

In this episode Shiki has a flashback of his past and remembers a boy being there though the others at the table deny any other boy. Well I went back to the first episode and watched his flashback about his sister crying over a dead boy and him trying to calm her down. The dead boy has a knife through his heart that looks suspiciously like Shiki's knife..

Also, does anyone else suspect that his dream in this episode might not have been a dream after all? I figured it couldn't be real at first...but then I watched the preview at the end, and it looks like it is possible... Would be kinda strange if Shiki turns into a Shito

brightman
2003-11-03, 19:14
Try using [ color=#ffffff ][ /color ](remove spaces) for spoiler tags if you want...

Anyway, Tsukihime's probably my second favorite after Kiminozo (also an H-game, lol). I like the dark atmosphere.

z-kun
2003-11-03, 19:17
true, tsukihime is not bad at all so far. And the OST is excellent... now does anybody have it? <.< >.>

eMpTy265
2003-11-03, 19:47
So basically Shiki's 'dreaming' all these things, but what's real?
Does anyone know whether Shiki actually saw Ciei kill that person in ep.1?
how about the classmate of Shiki? did she actually die? or did she escape the place as she said she did?

And about that boy in the dream, who is it? It he an 'alternate form' of Shiki? or is he someone like a Shito(?) or something?

Sorry for my disorganized post... this series is confusing for me. =D

Maybe I should check out the synopsis for the game.

SimplyEd
2003-11-03, 19:50
You're right, all those recent "h-game to anime"-shows (Da Capo,Kimi ga Nozomu Eien,Shingetsutan Tsukihime...) seem to be quite well done. Well, at least i didn't feel offended be any of them and most of them were/are quite entertaining,to say the least^^
BTW Tsukihime is definetely my fav show from the converted h-game department, mainly because of the dark atmosphere but also because i find some of the characters quite appealing^^

Breogan
2003-11-03, 19:54
Spoiler
Maybe it's his twin? He looks a lot like him and he was wearing the same clothes. In the dream he had in Ep 1 when he woke up at the manor, the boy with the knife in his heart looked a lot like him. He even had the same clothes

Sukato
2003-11-03, 19:56
Ciel didnt kill that person in ep.1, it was a vampire..Ciel is most likely sent by the "church" as a vampire hunter (notice the cross on her armband when she is in costume). She probably thought that Shiki was a vampire and attacked him until she noticed he was cowering in fear "That's strange."

I'm pretty sure the (highlight) boy is someone else, but it might be Shiki..this is a mysterious anime.. ...

how about the classmate of Shiki? did she actually die? or did she escape the place as she said she did?

Ooh I didn't think about this...she might actually have been turned into a shito...nice observation.

Other than that, the only actual dreams so far (non-flashbacks), are the one in the first episode with his sister crying over the dead body..and the one with Arc entering his room in episode 4...maybe.. The scenes with the red-haired lady by the tree are all flashbacks.

Breogan
2003-11-03, 20:25
Didn't Arcueid say that Shito only come out at night? If that's the case I don't think she could be at the school :)

|Aion|
2003-11-03, 20:27
I like tsukihime,but for a 12 episode series i think its moving awfully slow.I so hope there will be a second season of this,no matter what the ending is like.

FlyByNite
2003-11-03, 20:43
That stuff about Shiki having a twin in the past and him dying is interesting. Maybe that's why Shiki can see the lines of death. When Shiki died maybe he tapped into his twin's spirit and now that allows him to see the realm of death or whatever.

Wandering_Youth
2003-11-03, 20:46

She caught a cold on her birthday and so she didn't go to the hotel when it got attacked.

Nazgul8
2003-11-03, 20:46
Breogan: maybe it takes some time to "turn" completely.
I guess we'll find out.

Kamui4356
2003-11-03, 20:58
There are still a lot of episodes left, so they could wrap everything up, but I'm still hoping for a second season. It's an interesting series. It seems strange that Shiki's classmate caught a cold and was better the next day, but I see no reason why she would be 'brought back" if she was at the hotel.

Sukato
2003-11-03, 21:24
Hmm...12 episodes feels about right for this anime. Tsukihime follows a Very linear path, and usually anime that are this linear tend to be short because the story is covered quickly. The anime that tends to be 100+ episodes usually has a random feel with only the character development being linear (Inuyasha, Lupin III, Ranma).

On the bright side, if it is short it will be cheap to buy the entire DVD set ;).

Breogan
2003-11-03, 21:33
There are still a lot of episodes left, so they could wrap everything up, but I'm still hoping for a second season. It's an interesting series. It seems strange that Shiki's classmate caught a cold and was better the next day, but I see no reason why she would be 'brought back" if she was at the hotel.

It seemed more like a way to make Shiki pissed and wanting to go after Nero, but who knows... if the series was longer, it would be interesting if the Shinto used her against Shiki in some sort of twisted "I loved you but now I hate you" way after transforming her.

CaLBeaR
2003-11-03, 21:37
oh gosh, this is turning out to be a great anime. i love the mysteries ...

JokerD
2003-11-03, 22:07

Actually she did not come the next day, same with Shiki. Still I wonder is she a vampire now? What happens to the lesser vampires when the head (in this case nero) is killed. And lastly, if she's a vampire does that mean that the people of the entire hotel has been turned as well? (that would be scary)

Kireiko
2003-11-03, 22:42
i don't know if minasan remember, but when we were discussing this series before, Daeluin-san posted an excellent site with the lowdown on the series! since no one likes spoilerage, i'll leave it at that. but i also feel if the series is only slotted for 12 releases it is moving a tad slow. but that comes with the hopes that there will be a second season! this series is awesome: blood, gore, vampires and mystery! what more could you want?

Vulkar
2003-11-04, 01:52
This series is definitely one of my favorites also. The opening is gorgeous and I love the music. I think the thing which makes me the most curious is what is the relationship with Shiki, his sister and the maids. I just wanna hear more of that backstory and find out how much they know about vampires, the lines, etc. I mean obviously they know. Presumably, one of the maids found him that day in a puddle of blood and body parts in the park, right? Very interesting.

hatori
2003-11-04, 04:02
true, tsukihime is not bad at all so far. And the OST is excellent... now does anybody have it? <.< >.>

Are you referring to the anime OST? It's out only on 10th December. I like the music in Tsukihime too, espeically the ending theme. According to CDJapan, it's called Rinne no hate ni and it's by Fumiko Orikasa. The single will be out in 2 days!

Edited to add a tsukihime link (http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/tsukihime/index.html) I found from the Geneon site. The 'Specials' part has wallpapers, though it's plastered with ads for the release of the dvd and OST.

Sukato
2003-11-04, 04:28
This series is definitely one of my favorites also. The opening is gorgeous and I love the music. I think the thing which makes me the most curious is what is the relationship with Shiki, his sister and the maids. I just wanna hear more of that backstory and find out how much they know about vampires, the lines, etc. I mean obviously they know. Presumably, one of the maids found him that day in a puddle of blood and body parts in the park, right? Very interesting.

Probably one of two things happened..

1: Ciel disposed of the corpse, since she is from the "church" (notice the armband she wears when in costume).

2. By the time the maid had found Shiki, Arc had already been revived elsewhere.

Now, what I'm wondering is why Shiki killed Arc in the first place.

I also noticed one other thing from episode one, it seems like Ciel-senpai somehow controlled everyone's memory of her. Shiki doesn't remember her then she looks at him funny, and you hear a slight background sound and he suddenly responds "I'm sorry, ciel-senpai", in a tone similar to a Jedi mind trick victim. I think if this is true that somehow she left behind some sort of temporary kill-vampire effect and he killed Arc without being able to control it.

beanieboy007
2003-11-04, 06:55
I wonder what happened to all the blood.

Vulkar
2003-11-04, 10:33
Now, what I'm wondering is why Shiki killed Arc in the first place.

I also noticed one other thing from episode one, it seems like Ciel-senpai somehow controlled everyone's memory of her. Shiki doesn't remember her then she looks at him funny, and you hear a slight background sound and he suddenly responds "I'm sorry, ciel-senpai", in a tone similar to a Jedi mind trick victim. I think if this is true that somehow she left behind some sort of temporary kill-vampire effect and he killed Arc without being able to control it.

That's an interesting theory. If that were true, it'd be interesting to see if Ciel's suggestion returns again later and what role it plays in the relationship between Shiki and Arc. Is that one reason he had that creepy dream about Arc (assuming it was a dream again).

I wonder what happened to all the blood.

Me too. That's a pretty gruesome job for the poor maid to do: Cleaning blood off Shiki and everything.

Daeluin
2003-11-04, 10:35
I like tsukihime,but for a 12 episode series i think its moving awfully slow.I so hope there will be a second season of this,no matter what the ending is like.
some people I know who played the game seemed shocked at how quickly things are moving. apparently it took many hours to get to the point where ep 2 left off.
so far the pacing feels alright...

the 'ex-H game' thing makes the characters a tad unrealistic, and weird, but overall this only adds to the creepiness.... probably a bonus for this anime.

Kireiko-san, you must have an insane memory to recall my name associated with some random link (http://www.geocities.com/max3075/top.htm) from a lost thread. incidentally, it's the first google hit for 'tsukihime game' ^.~
kowaii...

that site also has game OST info. I wonder if it's as good as the anime OST promises to be.

EtherNEZ
2003-11-04, 10:58
Are you referring to the anime OST? It's out only on 10th December. I like the music in Tsukihime too, espeically the ending theme. According to CDJapan, it's called Rinne no hate ni and it's by Fumiko Orikasa. The single will be out in 2 days!

Edited to add a tsukihime link (http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/tsukihime/index.html) I found from the Geneon site. The 'Specials' part has wallpapers, though it's plastered with ads for the release of the dvd and OST.
Those walls may be plastered with ads but they make reasonably good source material for potential avatars :) . Perhaps the game has too?

I was immediately enraptured by the music for Tsukihime, particularly the ending - it fits perfectly to this excellent series and as a result I already have the OST on preorder - what goodies await I wonder?

Definately my favourite show so far of the October bunch, I wonder what revelations are in store for us during it's relativley short stay in the limelight.

user6177
2003-11-04, 11:19
Tsukihime Game link censored because it is against the rules to pirate software.

The game looks very interesting, but I don't speak japanese and can only read katakana... :(

beanieboy007
2003-11-04, 11:52
Daeluin,

I seen that site before, it was very nice to get some of the backstories on the characters so while watching I wasnt so blind.

beanieboy007
2003-11-04, 11:54
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

I have been looking for that file ever since the series came out.

I very much appreciate it.

18 hours & counting.

Kireiko
2003-11-04, 12:47
some people I know who played the game seemed shocked at how quickly things are moving. apparently it took many hours to get to the point where ep 2 left off.
so far the pacing feels alright...

the 'ex-H game' thing makes the characters a tad unrealistic, and weird, but overall this only adds to the creepiness.... probably a bonus for this anime.

Kireiko-san, you must have an insane memory to recall my name associated with some random link (http://www.geocities.com/max3075/top.htm) from a lost thread. incidentally, it's the first google hit for 'tsukihime game' ^.~
kowaii...

that site also has game OST info. I wonder if it's as good as the anime OST promises to be.

actually, Daeluin-san, i do have an insane memory, you gotta fight against alzheimer's you know "if you don't use it, you lose it (brain)" mentality!

but i mostly remember not only because it really helped me to understand the characters more, (since i didn't play the game before, heck! i didn't even know there was a game to begin with ^__^*) the real reason was that i had confused you with another lame as---, ermm, i mean member ( :o ) on that japan vs. america thread, and i thought to myself this can't be the same guy that gave me that link, and it turns out it wasn'tyou, yokatta desu ne?!! i was so relieved! anyways, the gist is i remember your name because you posted that awesome link!

anyways, that was horribly off-topic but when you know the background about the characters it just helps to better understand the whole series. there are terms there i would've never understood with just the anime, and in turn just makes for a more enjoyable experience when watching this awesome series!!!

(hope i didn't bore anyone too much ^__^ ne? minna? minna?
*kireiko is met with the sounds of crickets......*)

(okay. i'll stop now ^__^)

Daeluin
2003-11-04, 13:44
^__^ .....
....crickets

japan vs. america thread, eh... nope, not me, but if the thread's still around I'd probably add my opinions.

as for that site, I haven't read most of it in order to avoid knowing too much (I find these plots too easy to predict already, I prefer some challenge ~_~). but since you think it's so cool, you can probably thank saikou for finding it. a friend from there first told me about that site.

nojevo
2003-11-04, 15:00
well i got my hands on the game and i didnt understand a thing in it, so i went in search of a translation for it and i bumped into some spoilers so here it goes:

It seems that shiki is not blood related to the tohno family, he was adopted by them. The other boy u see in his dream is the real shiki, akiha's real brother. I think Akiha thinks of shiki more than a brother.

this show is getting really good and i'm hoping i can get tranlation for the game so that i can play it

Arcticfox
2003-11-04, 17:35
I played the game and while I understood enough to know what was going on, the anime is filling in all the small details and makes the characters much more interesting. This is easily my favorite anime this season.

Y fa fret
2003-11-05, 02:31
This one is another anime that really kicks ass this season, even tough the characters move like they are made of cardboard and teh background is as animated as a corpse in an air sealed room.

Music doesn't really leave a mark. It's good enough that I don't notice it as being anoying but not god enough for me to go "wow, what kick ass music". The intro is nice tough.

Can't wait to see what happens, even tough I read everything I could find on teh net about this aniem and the game.

Oteck
2003-11-05, 03:40
For those who still wondering about shiki's twin....
I only played Meltyblood but i read some sympno and
character backgrounds so i know quite a bit, specialy
the 27 death apostles ;)

Some other interesting info that hasn't been mentioned yet. Nero wasn't
bitten to become a vampire. He became one through his magical research

Spoiler:
Shiki doesn't have a twin, he's adopted by the tohno family after they killed his family, Shiki real last name is Nanaya which is a family of assasins.. As for that shiki you saw in the flashback, that IS Shiki Tohno, the real blood related brother of Akiha who went "reverse" or beserk, Akiha herself is going through that phase but she's hidding it. And the person who was on the ground with the knife on his chest is Shiki Nanaya. That was the fatal accident he couldn't remember. The real Shiki Tohno should have been terminated by his father but instead he locked him up in a cell, and in the end he ends up hating Shiki (Nanaya) for taking his place in the family.

See Nero's Sexy deer? (if you read canned dogs)
http://bubu.mine.nu/misc/oteck/Media/MBT2.jpg

Melchiorus
2003-11-05, 06:33
She caught a cold on her birthday and so she didn't go to the hotel when it got attacked.
It was a lie ;) .

|Aion|
2003-11-07, 22:18
Just a quick question,what is the usual release date of tsukihime,not whinning about a release,just curious thats all

Aquillion
2003-11-07, 23:30
Just a quick question,what is the usual release date of tsukihime,not whinning about a release,just curious thats all
Looking over the list (http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/239.html) on animesuki for release dates, it seems that the first fansub of some episodes have come out as early as Friday and as late as the following Monday; the most recent one, episode 4, took until Monday, but the one before that came out on Saturday, and the earliest sub for episode 2 was released on a Friday.

Tboz
2003-11-08, 16:24
Alright, I am going to pretend I didn't read Oteck's spoiler. I believe the Tohno family knows more than they appear to, and they are not telling Shiki that... :p

So Nero is going to comeback? If Arc can be revived, why not Nero? Chao can't be that easily beaten , can he? And Shinso and Shinto, who's the real evil, is Arc going to fight her own kind? :D

I think there's something interesting in the knife too. Who's knife is it? Can Shiki destroy things using other knife/sword?

And Ciel, is she good or bad, is she on Arc's side too? She can be from the church, but why she attack Shiki? It's obvious that Shiki is not any vampire. Does she really have powers to erase memory?

Damn, there are so many questions unanswered. Each episode leave me at the edge of my seat wondering what is going on. Hope it really continues that way. ;)

Aquillion
2003-11-08, 21:16
Well, about Arc reviving, remember that she's the equivilent of an Antedeluvian or somesuch, to use another vampire mythology as an example. Even though Nero had remarkable evil powers, he's ultimately just a scum imitation vampire, so it doesn't follow that he's capable of everything she's capable of.

Vulkar
2003-11-08, 21:34
I think there's something interesting in the knife too. Who's knife is it? Can Shiki destroy things using other knife/sword?

I think there's definitely something special about the knife, too. I mean, who in their right mind would go up against a Vampire, who spits wolf-like things out of his chest with a pocket knife? If the knife wasn't special, why not use something with a little more range, like a spear or a halberd? That way you don't have to be so close. Maybe the knife has the special ability to cut anything. So, if he needs to cut into hard metal or something, he can, and break it.

aquilus
2003-11-08, 22:32
Or maybe he just didnīt have anything else fitting available ... Occamīs razor :D

Bad pun. Sorry. ;P

Oteck
2003-11-09, 00:57
Theres nothing special about the knife, it's just handed down to him from his
real father (who uses 2 sticks with his own style to assasinate people)
As for nero he won't be comming back, he did though in Melty blood but
that was a mock up illuision Warakai made. I wish they show the other
death apostle like dark six and primate murder :D

Im gonna spoil you again Tboz :P
Wanna know why ciel would attack shiki? read bellow if you wanna
find out so badly
Spoiler
It's true there are vampires that can revive themself, specialy this particular
one arc is after. Roa the un-numbered death apostle has the powers of
infinit reincarnation. For him to pass on he'll take possesion of someones
body, for his case it has to be a person who is wealthy and has a social rank.
Ciel beleives Shiki (nanaya) is going to be his next form but thats far from it.
Roa has 2 choices it's either Ceil (attacked her hometown killing everyone
and giving her the ability of not dying. Im not sure if he bit her but she can't
die naturaly until Roa dies. Ciel also has a social status cuz her family ran a
famous bakery). The other and next form is Shiki (tohno), Akiha's real brother

Aquillion
2003-11-09, 01:35
I think there's definitely something special about the knife, too. I mean, who in their right mind would go up against a Vampire, who spits wolf-like things out of his chest with a pocket knife? If the knife wasn't special, why not use something with a little more range, like a spear or a halberd? That way you don't have to be so close. Maybe the knife has the special ability to cut anything. So, if he needs to cut into hard metal or something, he can, and break it.
Um, Shiki already has the ability to cut through anything. Using a knife that can cut through anything to exploit your eyes that show you how to cut through anything would be redundant. As to why he doesn't use a sword or halberd, those take strength and skill. Shiki has none of either. Plus, you can't carry big weapons like that in a modern city legally, and Shiki certinally couldn't sneak them into school or past his sister. (A spear couldn't sever the 'lines of death', so it's right out anyway.) What do you think this is, an anime or something? :twitch:

Tboz
2003-11-09, 03:34
Um, Shiki already has the ability to cut through anything. Using a knife that can cut through anything to exploit your eyes that show you how to cut through anything would be redundant. As to why he doesn't use a sword or halberd, those take strength and skill. Shiki has none of either. Plus, you can't carry big weapons like that in a modern city legally, and Shiki certinally couldn't sneak them into school or past his sister. (A spear couldn't sever the 'lines of death', so it's right out anyway.) What do you think this is, an anime or something? :twitch: Hmm... that's logical explaination. :D

Ya its an anime alright... but not a typical one. :p

Its not so predictable and the producers sure have a way of intoducing more questions at the end of each episode. :D

find out so badly *Tboz takes a peek*

lalalala... :heh: :p

FlyByNite
2003-11-09, 04:21
If I could see the lines of death and sever any object without a superb intstrument, I would use a spork.

DIE BY MY SPORK YOU EVIL VAMPIRE!

C'mon, that would rock. :heh:

Oteck
2003-11-09, 04:52
If i remember correctly he can not just see lines, but dots. If he were to
pierce them the object would be wiped out of existance rather than be
cut to lotsa peices.... I prefer this option hehe less cleaning up :P

htpcfan
2003-11-24, 13:06
This guy has a pretty good and short, somewhat spoiler-filled summary of what goes on in the games. Pardon the engrish though -- give him a break, it's his second language and he's nice enough to post info to the English-reading crowd. :-)

http://www.ex.sakura.ne.jp/~valhalla/eng/tsukihime/

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT:

If there's one person that I REALLY felt sorry for in the first game (I haven't played the rest, sadly :-( ), it's Satsuki... I can't believe they axed her as a romantic possibility, and even further resolved it by leaving her dead in the hands of Shiki...
I remember I was upset for days after playing that part of the game last year.

kj1980
2003-11-24, 20:01
Spoiler
Ciel beleives Shiki (nanaya) is going to be his next form but thats far from it.
and giving her the ability of not dying. Im not sure if he bit her but she can't

Edit: more clarification...oh my gosh, this is gonna go on forever...I feel like translating the whole excerpt of that encyclopedia...
You got it correct, except for the last part. Before Roa entered Ciel's body back in the 1970s, another of Roa's "body" was destroyed by Arc. As mentioned, Roa needs a person that fulfills two requirements:
A. a person of high social status (the higher the social status, the more easier it is to take people's blood)
B. a person with some unusual power (more unusual power, the more easier it is to manipulate that power)
Unfortunately for Roa, since his previous body was suddenly killed by Arc, he didn't have the time to find a body that met requirement A. He only found the body that met B only, and that was Elesia (Ciel's real name...."Ciel" is her baptized name when she was taken in by the Church).

Roa, however, expecting that Arc would come and kill his new body once again, this time he was prepared...and found Tohno Shiki (the real brother of Akiha, that went berserk). What he didn't expect was he underestimated Ciel's "unusual" power...her power to amend the contradictions of the world (i.e. she supposedly cannot die because once she is dies, the contradiction that she had died in the world kicks in, and her death is rewound to her being alive. This, according to Ciel, is very similar to how vampires use nature to rejuvinate their injuries) So, Roa was very surprised to see "his children" (what he refers to as his previous bodies) alive...now against him

One would probably say "if Roa knew about Ciel having special powers, why couldn't he see Nanaya Shiki?" Well, Roa can see which people have special powers, but most of these powers are hidden. They only show up once they reach a certain age. Fortunately for Elesia (Ciel), her power didn't wake up while Roa was in her...it only awakened when she was killed by Arc, and Roa had left her body. Quite possibly, Ciel has to thank Roa for some part, her death possibly opened her powers. Now, back to the question why Roa chose Tohno Shiki rather than Nanaya. Well, Nanaya was an adopted child of Tohno Makihisa (due to Tohno Makihisa wiping out the Nanaya assassin family). Roa's requirements leaves Nanaya out, because, usually the heir is passed down to the real child, the real Tohno Shiki. Of course, Roa does not know what power that the real Tohno Shiki had, which was far from his expectations. And, quite frankly, due to the real Tohno Shiki going berserk, he was banished, and Nanaya Shiki became and was raised as Tohno Shiki. Roa did not expect this happen - to find his body that he chose, banished, while the adopted orphan, Nanaya, becoming the heir of Tohno family.

All this is explained in TYPE-MOON's "Blue Book" and "White Book," a limited edition encyclopedia that TYPE-MOON released in summer of 2002.

Chaotic5
2003-11-24, 22:49
Theres nothing special about the knife, it's just handed down to him from his
real father (who uses 2 sticks with his own style to assasinate people)
As for nero he won't be comming back, he did though in Melty blood but
that was a mock up illuision Warakai made. I wish they show the other
death apostle like dark six and primate murder :D

find out so badly
Spoiler

:heh: when you talked about his father assassinating ppl with 2 sticks.. LOL i wasnt thinking of big weapons like rods to kill LOL... something an asian person would use everyday XD. That's right CHOPSTICKS!! OMG that would be UBER original with his own killing style LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kamij0
2003-11-26, 04:10
can someone enlighten me.. in episode 7, ciel senpai said to akiha and told her that her scent was not of a human, did they really know each other before ?

Key Board
2003-11-26, 05:55
can someone enlighten me.. in episode 7, ciel senpai said to akiha and told her that her scent was not of a human, did they really know each other before ?

No, it simply means that Ciel senses some non human vibes from Akiha.

kamij0
2003-11-26, 08:51
No, it simply means that Ciel senses some non human vibes from Akiha.

hmm...
which means 1 thing
akiha is not a human ? then what is she ..
sorry for that i never played the game or really understand what happen b4 ... enlighten me !!
arigato !!

Tboz
2003-11-26, 11:14
hmm...
which means 1 thing
akiha is not a human ? then what is she ..
sorry for that i never played the game or really understand what happen b4 ... enlighten me !!
arigato !! Correct, she is...

a half-demon... :D More spoilers in this thread... http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=509

GATX207_Blitz
2003-12-01, 04:13
hey are there 2 threads for this show???

well wutevers I am not happy because I had just finished d/l episode 8 and now I can't watch it because they took the computer to get it upgraded. O well it'll be back tomorrow so I guess I can watch it then. Hmm I just posted because I wanted the thread to show up on the first page :heh:

Well I hope some people place there thoughts about episode 8 because as soon as I get the comp. with it back I will edit this thread and post my thoughts on it.

Masaki_Yukio
2004-02-23, 16:42
You all probably know this info..

As for the knife that Nanaya Shiki had... That is the Nanaya knife that is passed down from generation to generation (or something like that... even though his grandfather or father used two sticks. nevertheless, it is an important part of the family's treasure) and compared to the knife that Tohno Shiki had, it is very different. The nanaya knife is more Oriental(?) style, while the Tohno knife is more Western Style.

As for the comment that Ciel-sempai makes in regards to Akiha...The Tohno Family, as well as some of the other families in the series (yes, also the Nanayas) integrated some non-human (assumed to be demon) blood to boost their power.
The effects of this integration is random.. In the case of Nanaya Shiki, he gained the "Eyes of Absolute Death", Tohno Shiki gained the ability to see the source of life, and Ahkiha gained the ability to take away life (and this is contorversial, because in Makeshita's diary, he says that Akiha shared her life energy with the adopted son.).

Some interesting information is noted below:

Supposedly, Roa was bitten by Arucied and became a Shito that way, even though Ciel-Sempai tells Nanaya Shiki that he was the one that gave her "poison".

JK

hunterx
2004-02-23, 17:35
the only question I have about this show is why shiki killed acureid in episode 1? He isn't a killer, he's more like a coward. yet one day he sees this girl and decides to dismember her in broad day light. that doesn't seem to make much sense

relentlessflame
2004-02-23, 18:47
the only question I have about this show is why shiki killed acureid in episode 1? He isn't a killer, he's more like a coward. yet one day he sees this girl and decides to dismember her in broad day light. that doesn't seem to make much sense

As you know, Shiki's real family were vampire-hunters/slayers. When he saw Arcueid that day, it triggered the overwhelming urge to kill that was in his blood, and the knife was the tool he needed to carry it out. I did think that they didn't explain it very well in the anime, but I understand that it makes a lot more sense in the original game.

Masaki_Yukio
2004-02-24, 15:42
Several sites that i have visited (most are in Japanese and deal with the back-story that is available in the games) have several several answers. But most agree with one:

<This is a spoiler>

The Nanaya family is definately a family of demon-slayers and and assasins, (Even Shiki was trained, although he has no memory of it). One problem that they have, however, is that they get the sudden urge to kill. There are times that Shiki has to concentrate very hard to disregard that feeling. This is also similar to Aruceid's bloodlust.

JK

~Aznkid~
2004-03-05, 09:25
can this game be found in a english version ? i realli wanna play it so i can understand more about the story, since i reali loved that anime itself

Also one more question:
Spoiler highlight to read
in the very last episode 12 near the very end, Arcueid appeared in front of shiki when he was in the school class room after school and then disappeared at the window, how was she able to do that ? or was that just shiki's imagination ? help ! lol

Vulkar
2004-03-05, 21:49
can this game be found in a english version ? i realli wanna play it so i can understand more about the story, since i reali loved that anime itself

Nope, as far as I know it's only in Japanese.

Also one more question:
Spoiler highlight to read
in the very last episode 12 near the very end, Arcueid appeared in front of shiki when he was in the school class room after school and then disappeared at the window, how was she able to do that ? or was that just shiki's imagination ? help ! lol

I think that was one of those anime conventions in which a character is sad because comrade/lover/amigo was killed and he is remembering the person. Then he recalls that that person is dead and the imaginary image fades away. It's supposed to make you, the viewer, feel sad. *cue sad music* So no, I don't think you were supposed to take that literally that Arc is somehow projecting herself from beyond the grave to taunt Shiki or something. :p

~Aznkid~
2004-03-06, 08:43
haha okay thx dude, i'll also like to hear wat other ppl think about the matter ^^

kujoe
2004-03-06, 10:26
Actually, if you knew the true ending of the game, that scene would've been a lot clearer. The ending was sort of shortened, or made more ambiguous in the anime. I'm just not sure if the staff intended to completely follow the true ending or just present an adaptation of it. If I remember correctly, this was also discussed in another Tsukihime thread so you can check that out, plus there are also sites that provide the information you're looking for. :)

Personally I sort of like the ending scene. I just felt that it was rushed and ambiguous--in the sense that I feel there's a another sequel even though I know there will be none.

Newprimus
2004-03-06, 23:31
The anime wasn't clear on what happened at the end. What really happened was:

Arcueid did come back to life (AGAIN ^_^), but by this time her craving for blood was so strong that she decided to go into eternal sleep instead (that's her disappearing into thin air). She says don't worry to Shiki cause she'll be able to dream happy dreams of her time with Shiki.

Not a sad ending entirely, but kinda bittersweet.

~Aznkid~
2004-03-07, 00:05
oo cool thx, i also found this prologue thingy when i was searching for some pictures of tsukihime, even tho it kinda confused me a bit but it helped alot to understanding the anime so would anyone want me to post it ?

Newprimus
2004-03-07, 19:48
oo cool thx, i also found this prologue thingy when i was searching for some pictures of tsukihime, even tho it kinda confused me a bit but it helped alot to understanding the anime so would anyone want me to post it ?

By prologue I assume you mean the little artbook history that AnimeKeep put out with the prologue?

~Aznkid~
2004-03-08, 00:18
lol sorrie, i have no idea if its from anime keep or not, i found them on a chinese forum where they had tonnes and tonnes of tuskihime pictures.

Jinx626
2004-03-10, 02:46
I notice that the DVD versions of Tsukihime is on Animesuki. I heard rumors that the DVD actual contains new footage. Is this true?

schonberg
2004-03-10, 07:23
I notice that the DVD versions of Tsukihime is on Animesuki. I heard rumors that the DVD actual contains new footage. Is this true?

I don't complete watching the ep1 of dvd version yet, but I already find that the scene of cutting into 17 pieces has been drawed again and becomes more realistic and bloody.

By the way, dvd version also has improvement of adding and fixing the linear art at some scenes and some detail of video, though it often happens to the dvds of anime tv series.