PDA

View Full Version : GetBackers (will there be a Season 2)

Leon.S.Kenedy
2003-11-07, 23:23
About 3 weaks ago I read a post that there might be a second session of Get Backers. Since than no one else has said any thing about it. So is there going to be a second session? I hope so

Lord Raiden
2003-11-08, 00:52
At this point with the information I have gathered over the past 2 months or so it doesn't look good. I'm looking at there being less than a 15% chance of a second season right now. The actual season 2 may not occur for another 2-3 years, so my information at present may be off. But as it stands right now there is no information on a second season. I've still got friends working over some of the studios and TV stations that I haven't covered already, but with having hit over 80% of the networks and independent stations already, I've come up with nothing for the forseeable future.

So my opinion right now is that there will be no Get Backers season 2 anytime within the next 2 years. I do realize that the rumor mills initially stated that the series would resume 3 months after the close of the previous season, but I no longer believe that rumor anymore. Reason being, all of the people on the rumor networks all sound like they're on a major coke trip right now. So as it stands for the forseeable future, there will be no season 2. Sorry.

filipino heat
2003-11-08, 01:55
sniff sniff....ban-chan, ginji-kun, and akabane-san....i mite not see them ever again and the manga isnt out in my local barnes n noble yet

takoyaki_gal
2003-11-08, 12:26
i think try to watch it again...!^-^ :) [COLOR=DarkRed]

7thMethuselah
2003-11-08, 16:46
man, the idea that GetBackers actually won't be prolonged makes me really really sad :sad:

LiQuid|J
2003-11-08, 17:32
At least we get manga in Feb. courtesy of Tokyopop. I personally feel the anime ended at a pretty decent spot, so I won't be upset if we don't see anymore. 49 episodes is already a pretty hefty run. Though I'm a big fan, so another season would just be a bonus. And the manga will help fill the hole in my heart. :)

Lord Raiden
2003-11-08, 17:58
Well, I'm still waiting to get the reports back from the people who are helping with this search, but I'm not holding out any hope. It's been all zeros to date. Of course since the data I'm getting can change anytime over the next 2 years, if you want to bug me in another year or two I'll start the search over again and see if anything has changed. But for now, I'm still voting no season 2.

Wolfwood2970
2003-11-08, 18:27
wellp my response to this is

No loss there

concidering the fact that i stopped at episode 30ish i felt as if the getbackers series was getting extremely stupid

Sincerly,
Wolfwood2970

hunterx
2003-11-08, 19:26
am I the only one who thinks it doesn't need a 2nd season? It had too many filler episodes in the first season

NenMaster
2003-11-08, 21:58
i agree not fibished it because there eps about nothing :/

eLstar
2003-11-08, 22:53
There's so much to the story that you could do. So many doors have been left open. And the premise is easy to catch on, since you could basically do hundreds of episodes with using the same format...

But I'd rather have an arc that explores Ban's past, an dhave Ginji be the one with the scene stealers.

;)

Snuble07
2003-11-08, 22:58
Yea I gave up on the first season too. It was one of my favorites but I grew tired of the pointless episodes. The series was AMAZING durring the whole infinate fortress angle but was never able to come back with an interesting plot.

Rigel
2003-11-09, 03:34
Yea I gave up on the first season too. It was one of my favorites but I grew tired of the pointless episodes. The series was AMAZING durring the whole infinate fortress angle but was never able to come back with an interesting plot.

I think that this sums everything up. GetBackers wasn't bad after the infinite fortress saga but it seemed like there was something missing after that. I'm going to say that there is zero chance for a second season because I personally thought that it seemed like they closed the book on the series at the end for good.

Iron Monkey
2003-11-09, 03:56

Yup, I second that. Like the episode with the damn monkeys. That episode was annoying just cuz it was so pointless. (That and those monkeys got on my nerves.

7thMethuselah
2003-11-09, 12:40
i have to agree that doing 2 episodes with those stu^pid monkeys was a bit too much. But then again about half of the episodes between the first and 2nd mugenjou series explored a bit about the past of the side characters in getBackers. And the episode where Ginji ends up in the hospital may be a filler episode but it was hilarious :heh:

Anyway I really hope they do another season, there are stilltoo many questions left unanswered

dragonstar13
2003-11-10, 03:18
To think if they took out all the filler episodes, they might have been able to include more of a closure ending. What annoys me is that they ended it without telling us what "the Last children" are suppose to be. Nor what Ginji really is. And the kicker, mainly they didn't go to the top of babylon city to see who the "God" was. But I guess they didn't need to do that either.
I guess it can't be helped. The only thing we can look forward to now is the manga releases by tokyopop. For our non-North American friends, well maybe you can find a site that translates it in your language or get the Japanese manga.

Perseid
2003-11-14, 05:00
Is it really only one season being 49 episodes? How does that work? I assumed it was 2 seasons.

wsheit
2003-12-09, 06:13
To think if they took out all the filler episodes, they might have been able to include more of a closure ending. What annoys me is that they ended it without telling us what "the Last children" are suppose to be. Nor what Ginji really is. And the kicker, mainly they didn't go to the top of babylon city to see who the "God" was. But I guess they didn't need to do that either.

Ok, we learn A LOT about the Last Children in episode 36. It seems that it may be as simple as being cursed by witch doctors.

And in episode 49, the egyptian looking dude explains that Ginji is an anomaly in the Babylon controlled Mugenjou (kind of like Neo in the Matrix.) The very fact that the rulers are said to be from Babylon suggests that they go against the will of God. The egyptian guy also mentions that Ginji, thus, may be God's way of punishing the rulers.

And as far as going to Babylon city- well, Gen explains what Brain Trust is, just more fighters along with scientists and engineers and crap. You really need to see it?

So I think your complaints are largely dealt with.

I have a couple of complaints.
1. The egyptian dude mentions that both Ginji AND Ban will find the answers they are looking for. Unless you want to be really general about your answer, I dont see what Ban found out...
2. In the little arc about the Arms of the Goddess, we meet this schizophrenic character that seems to have a past with Ban, yet they only actually see each other for about 5 seconds. I thought this character would be more important after watching the new opening.
3. The end battle with kurusuki was a LITTLE BIT RUSHED. One punch was enough to beat up kurusuki? What the heck? I understand Ginji is powerful, but that is sloppy.

I just finished watching this series, and OVERALL, Im quite pleased with how it ended. I like how they preserved some of the mystique of Ban, Akabane and others. I was crestfallen when Ban kicked the crap out of Akabane and equally relieved when Akabane told Mr. Pretty Boy (dont know his name) that he hadnt been fighting at his potential. Obviously, there's plenty of room for more arcs about Babylon, Ban, etc.

Does anybody know- does the manga end here? or is there more that could be made into anime?

ff7799
2003-12-15, 11:37
Ok guys please don't kill, or Ban me for creating this topic however, does anyone still think that we are going to see a getbackers season 2. I remember hearing that their was going to be a season 2 however soon after their was no further mention of it. What I would like to Know is if anyone has heard anything about season 2. I have a pretty strong feeling that we will see a season 2 and the abrupt ending was only to let the manga expand a little more.

Lord Raiden
2003-12-15, 14:54
No, season 2 appears to have either been delayed indefinately, canceled, or the original rumor was false. I'm more likely to believe the 3rd one that the original rumor was false as my later research came up with nothing pointing to a second season. That may change in the future, but as of right now, there will be no season 2.

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2003-12-15, 15:33
Yea...and that really stinks....does the manga by anychance happen to continue on after the anime ends? If so, do you know where it can be purchased?

Joe Dalton
2003-12-15, 15:35
yes the manga still going strong
and yes there will be a second season

Lord Raiden
2003-12-15, 17:54
Where'd you hear about this second season Joe? The last info I had was that there WOULDN'T be a second season. Now if you got new info that's verifiable I'll consider it. But I have zero info pointing to a second season.

Joe Dalton
2003-12-16, 07:00
muhahahaha i know all.... ofcourse if i would say how i know it... it wouldnt be as much fun anymore would it? :cool:

moonlightRonin
2004-01-19, 10:57
WILL there be a second season of Get Backer? I like the series, it was funny. Plus is there another anime that is like Get Backers, if so what and where can i find it? :hmm:

7thMethuselah
2004-01-19, 13:18
as far as I know there aren't any plans for a second season (even though there are alot of issues left to deal with). And there are alot of anime that deal with several different character all having one or more special powers and battling each other like Naruto, saint seiya, e's otherwise. You might even try inuyasha or kenshin, they are also action anime filled with quite some humor :)

xavier8200
2004-01-19, 13:28
I have heard rumors of a return for getbackers but the rumor said that the anime would be starting in december or january. Its obvious now that the rumor was false but I did have my hopes up. The show had soo much potential and i don't know if it will ever be truly realized. Sort of like Hajime no Ippo

Jn183
2004-01-19, 18:44
I have heard rumors of a return for getbackers but the rumor said that the anime would be starting in december or january. Its obvious now that the rumor was false but I did have my hopes up. The show had soo much potential and i don't know if it will ever be truly realized. Sort of like Hajime no Ippo
Agree. I got into both anime and both pretty much at the same time got ended. :( Beside, there is no other rumor except that Dec one. :(

eLstar
2004-01-19, 21:24
Yeah nothing confirmed as of yet. It's just a hopeful dream we GetBackers fans have.

kamij0
2004-01-19, 21:44
Yeah nothing confirmed as of yet. It's just a hopeful dream we GetBackers fans have.

is it just me or i feel that it really deserves a 2nd season because the ending is just like another mission for them !! .. we really hope to see midou ban's real real real real power... ... well ... the last ending didnt really show much right .. hah

OFFSPRiNGCo16
2004-01-19, 22:20
I would love a 2nd season. The Get Backers is one of my favorite anime's of all time....well, there is always the manga :p

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-19, 23:01
sadly.... the answer to this is... NO... a big fat no... I have hunted down every single getbackers site and gotten friends who can read and write japanese to tell me this... although there are thousands of rumours and speculations... there are no confirmed or official anouncements... however, there are some sites that are trying to start up a group to plead the creators for a second season...(not very effective cos no one seems to be doing much on those sites)

but if anyone does here of an official anouncement please post a new thread with a title in big capital letters saying "GETBACKERS IS BACK WITH SEASON 2!!!!" ... yah?

EvoSpace
2004-01-20, 01:34
Right, the real reason there can't be a season 2 is that the anime already catched up to the manga. And to at least give it a decent ending, they patched it with the anime's own stories making it difficult to continue on with the original manga storyline. (always happens in manga/anime conversion)

So... a 2nd season is impossible at this point, for at least a years or two until more is revealed in the manga. Our only hope for now is an OVA or a movie >.<

Prince of Chronics
2004-01-20, 01:47
Get Backers was a great show... but it's already done... even though there was stuff left un-answered and shit like that....... we don't really need to see more in terms of a series because we were given 49 alright episodes (which is long enough imo)... though an OVA or movie would be great to patch things up... another season would be overkill imo (the series had way too much filler imo)....

as someone already said... there's always the manga to read! :D

edit: grammar and typos!

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-20, 02:42
well... even though a lot of things were left unanswered I still feel that Last Exile was worse..... actually come to think about it... GB only has two things... which is who's behind Babylon and Ban's connection with ... what's her name? Poison lady and her curse.. which is not so bad once you consider the unfinished endings of other animes...

pegasus
2004-01-21, 19:26
ahhh Asakura_Y0h , i was just about to say that too
what ever was the curse, i never understood that part.

PS2kid
2004-01-22, 10:02
Don't you think Jubei (one of MakubeX' henchmen) is very very similar to Ken from Weiss Kreuz ? His glasses, his hair style, his clothes, everything is so similar.

Prince of Chronics
2004-01-22, 17:23
Yah... I think Jubei does look similar to Ken... imo, Jubei, despite lookin bad-ass, is actually pretty gay :heh: ... and plus those needles are crap compared to the wolverine claws that Ken had...

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-23, 09:39
Yah... I think Jubei does look similar to Ken... imo, Jubei, despite lookin bad-ass, is actually pretty gay :heh: ... and plus those needles are crap compared to the wolverine claws that Ken had...

Did anyone notice also that Jubei and Kazuki made a good combination... not because of some of the lovey dubby like scenes but hmmm.... needles and threads?? Hahahahaha..... but anyway... I feel that Ken was much better, I thought he was better looking too and had way better fighting sense

kamij0
2004-01-23, 21:17
Did anyone notice also that Jubei and Kazuki made a good combination... not because of some of the lovey dubby like scenes but hmmm.... needles and threads?? Hahahahaha..... but anyway... I feel that Ken was much better, I thought he was better looking too and had way better fighting sense

kazuki is way too gay in this anime, but he's 1 tough nut to crack ! One of the favourite characters in get backers, there's 1 scene in get backers he got to close to jubei and it seems like he's gonna kiss him. OMG :twitch:

Asakura_Y0h
2004-01-24, 04:39
kazuki is way too gay in this anime, but he's 1 tough nut to crack ! One of the favourite characters in get backers, there's 1 scene in get backers he got to close to jubei and it seems like he's gonna kiss him. OMG :twitch:

you must be talking about hot spring incident..... hahahahahaha... yeah Kazuki had hips@#$@@!!!!!!

xavier8200
2004-01-24, 04:43
The whole ending just left a gay aura. I forgot the names of the people but wasn't there a guy from babylon city just taking random pics of the guys and the Kimiko chick? what about the kid that looks all upset becuase the man that he faught for is following someone else now. (I'm bad enough with english names let alone japanese names.) And then the ever present Mido and Ginji scene where it looks like someones head is being pushed into the lap of the other person. I think Mido is up to something.

Wouldn't surprise me if they made a seperate OVA just to let the fans know whose coming out of the closet. LOL

Akabane_san
2004-02-11, 19:07
I would be nice if theres a 2nd season cause the ending was a bit rushed I think...
1. The fight between Ban & Akabane sucked... ended in like 1 min...
2. What happened in Babylon city???
3.Wth is the last children thingy???
4.Ban, Ginji, Akabane's true power???

S7EV3n
2004-02-11, 19:15
ah~ so the frist season has ended...
I had no idea haha
But anyways...I HOPE i can see Gingi-KUN again T.T

Akabane_san
2004-02-11, 19:25
I would love it if theres a 2nd season... but by reading the top I was quite disappointed ...=(
I think they should anyways too much unexplained dont u think so?

Akabane_san
2004-02-11, 19:45
r u sure that where will be a second season???
Everyone is saying that its just false info

daimonth
2004-02-11, 21:05
I would be nice if theres a 2nd season cause the ending was a bit rushed I think...
1. The fight between Ban & Akabane sucked... ended in like 1 min...
2. What happened in Babylon city???
3.Wth is the last children thingy???
4.Ban, Ginji, Akabane's true power???

That is because they decided to make up an ending instead of following the manga.

1. They never really fought in the manga, the only part where they really confront each other was during Miroku arc. Kagami once simulated himself fighting a Ban based on the data he observed while Ban was fighting at near full potential(if not 100% then atleast 90..) against another opponent. He commented that the simulated fight could not be concluded because there isn't enough data to finish the fight. If all that about Kagami and Akabane being at the same level is true then we can conclude that Akabane should be pretty closely matched with Ban going all out.

2. No idea yet... though there is a comment in the manga about how things so far has been proceeding exactly as the Storage in Babylon indicate it would.

3. not clear yet as well ^_^;; I am not sure if its mentioned in the anime since I didn't see several episode... Himikos brother once said that 'Even if Ban killed him it wouldn't be for no reason at all...Like to save her.'

4. Ban seemed to 'power up' every time he releases the celestial serpent... Every single time Raitei is summoned the fight become pretty much one sided(In the manga when he fought Akabane in the mugenjou, Akabane actually seemed hard-pressed to keep the match even, unlike in anime where Akabane seemed like he was winning.) ... Akabane is just his scary self XD he seemed to be able to survive strong injuries.

EvoSpace
2004-02-11, 22:36
2. No idea yet... though there is a comment in the manga about how things so far has been proceeding exactly as the Storage in Babylon indicate it would.

Yeah, what the archive/storage really is, isn't revealed in the manga yet. Maybe it's just similar to what it was in the anime, and it could be a totally different thing ^^

... Akabane is just his scary self XD he seemed to be able to survive strong injuries.

I think Akabane is a xxxxxxx. (If you are up to date with the manga, you might know) It looked like beating the God in Babylon City will end it all in the anime, but they are still fighting much greater enemies outside...

daimonth
2004-02-11, 23:21
I think Akabane is a xxxxxxx. (If you are up to date with the manga, you might know) It looked like beating the God in Babylon City will end it all in the anime, but they are still fighting much greater enemies outside...

Well all it mentioned about Akabane so far is that he use to be a doctor in a battlefield overseas. That also seemed to be also when he decided to 'kill' instead to save. He also seemed to have some connection to Babylon city and he knows the content of the prophecy, like when he mentioned that he wish to witness the answer of the prophecy when Shido changed it...

EvoSpace
2004-02-12, 00:34
Well all it mentioned about Akabane so far is that he use to be a doctor in a battlefield overseas. That also seemed to be also when he decided to 'kill' instead to save. He also seemed to have some connection to Babylon city and he knows the content of the prophecy, like when he mentioned that he wish to witness the answer of the prophecy when Shido changed it...

Big Akabane Spoiler

I still don't know what's his connection with Bablyon city is but I'm almost certain what kind of being he is...

1. When was the last time the world was in a huge war like that?
2. Doesn't his regeneration ability remind you of a previous enemy in the manga?
3. What was that enemy after and where did that thing really go?

Still need more hint?
4. His ability is creating weapons out of his "blood"
5. From what game does my sig come from? (Daimonth, you might know)

I could be wrong, but they are my evidence ^^;

daimonth
2004-02-12, 11:04
Big Akabane Spoiler

I still don't know what's his connection with Bablyon city is but I'm almost certain what kind of being he is...

1. When was the last time the world was in a huge war like that?
2. Doesn't his regeneration ability remind you of a previous enemy in the manga?
3. What was that enemy after and where did that thing really go?

Still need more hint?
4. His ability is creating weapons out of his "blood"
5. From what game does my sig come from? (Daimonth, you might know)

I could be wrong, but they are my evidence ^^;

You mean vampire... he could be. His high regeneration ability seems to be beyond human. Though if you look at it there are plenty of inhuman characteristics in the series. Certainly it's a good possibility that he is a vampire. There are some parts though that makes me hesitant in agreeing with you outright though:

1) Akabane's healing don't seemed like the ability of that german dude, more passive rather than the mutated cell that the german dude has.

2) Akabane told Ginji that he can't imagine himself dying, so he probably wont die. It makes it sound more like that his will is the main drive behind his 'immortality'

3) The insect dude who was a good friend of Akabane tries to kill him using pretty straightforward methods. Albeit we don't know how much either of them know about each other. Though if Akabane is a vampire and the insect dude knows that, he probably wont just try to kill him with a katana. Also Akabane remarked that what an exciting battle it would be fighting that insect dude, I doubt it would be as exciting if there are no possibility of him dying.

Of course none of these points refute your hypothesis outright and your points are pretty good ones. Yet they caused me enough doubts, so I can't fully agree with you at this point... I guess i'll wait untill more are revealed.

P.S.

1. It doesn't have to be WWII there are enough wars after WWII. Plus we don't know exactly how the world in Getbacker is set up...

3. The female doctor said she disposed of it because it was too dangerous. I assumed that she knows what she was doing and totally destroyed it..Though if Akabane is a vampire, his ability could come from something other than that lab, so it doesnt really prove or disprove it either way.

5. Tsukihime.... well Fate Stay Night but i assumed that is what you are trying to get across XD

Akabane_san
2004-02-13, 18:55
Wow... i guess theres ALOT more in manga! Grrrrrr i cant find english version of manga though...disappointing

eLstar
2004-02-13, 19:05
It's in stores already. I already have my copy.

///_^

Akabane_san
2004-02-14, 02:39
Really?? where?

theprophecy247
2004-04-12, 12:16
Season 2!!!!

Lord Raiden
2004-04-12, 12:47
Uh, dude. All info right now is saying that there WON'T be a season too. Sorry.

7thMethuselah
2004-04-12, 12:49
Uh, dude. All info right now is saying that there WON'T be a season too. Sorry.
I just referred him to a couple of threads about getbackers in another post. I think he just wanted to put some reply up :uhoh:

frowndog
2004-04-13, 00:03
Saying that there WILL be a 2nd season just because is IMO dumb. If there is, show us something verifiable.

Kyuven
2004-04-13, 00:05
i'm not certain but i believe the manga has also ended recently...? (it does go beyond the anime tho)

Lord Raiden
2004-04-13, 00:18
The last word I had, both from the anime networks, and friends in Japan is that the studio decided not to continue on with a second season. However they have not ruled out an OVA or two. That, last I heard, is still being considered.

GuitarMan
2004-04-19, 01:03
welp i heard that get backers is having a new season being made soon. i really hope so and i think they will since they left off without explaining alot of things.

anywho im new to the board
name is Corey nice to meet ya

GuitarMan
2004-04-19, 03:28
hmm well i guess i didn't ask a question. :heh:

xris
2004-04-19, 03:44
Maybe no replies because there are a couple of problems with your question.

Thread name. Calling it "a simple question" doesn't help. It would have been better to call it something like "Getbackers Question"

Search. I'm sure this question has been asked before, have you tried to search to see if it has been answered?

Time. Don't expect instant answers :)

BTW, welcome to the forums but have a read of the forum rules (such as "Don't double post") and various stickies as they may help.

7thMethuselah
2004-04-19, 11:47
Yes this question has been asked many many times before

Try these threads

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=2026

PS Welcome to the forums

Edit by Mod (xris)
Merged several "GB Season 2" threads together. Removed redundant links from above list.

xzxexrxox
2004-09-18, 10:29
someone prolly asked for dis already but does anyone got updated info on Getbackers 2..... when is it comin out .... is it actually comin out?

7thMethuselah
2004-09-18, 10:41
someone prolly asked for dis already but does anyone got updated info on Getbackers 2..... when is it comin out .... is it actually comin out?

It has been asked before and discussed in this thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=488&highlight=backers

Komataguri
2004-09-22, 13:06
The wonders of using the search function [ Some people should learn how to use it ]

Anyways.

So its still in the dark about anything Pertaining to an additional GetBackers run.

Kinda bums me out, I watched the entire series again for the 3rd time this weekend and was really hoping something would have developed since it was released a year or two ago.

Has there even been any Manga that explore the world of GetBackers after the final Episode?

7thMethuselah
2004-09-22, 15:15
Has there even been any Manga that explore the world of GetBackers after the final Episode?

From what I've heard the manga is still ongoing and continues after the last episode of the anime. But Tokyopop is still far away from reaching that point and personally I've read ony up to volume three (in which they have just dealt with the "platinumcase" and meet Akabane and the poison chick for the first time.

You might wanna check out Get Backers Manga thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8421)

chandrarekha
2004-12-03, 10:26
There's so much to the story that you could do. So many doors have been left open. And the premise is easy to catch on, since you could basically do hundreds of episodes with using the same format...

But I'd rather have an arc that explores Ban's past, an dhave Ginji be the one with the scene stealers.

;)my feelins EXACTLY!! sory, im terrible wth the names but that silk sword fella was as grossly unexplained as possible. ban's past is the most inriguing part of all. was he connected to may city ever? at the last episode Dr J did say that may city was ban's playground too, didnt he? also, the egyptian guy jus mysteriously happened to kno eveythng frm b4 but he wasnt ever shown.

chandrarekha
2004-12-03, 10:37
hey guys,
m new here so i dunno the jargon much. do i sound 2 naiive if i ask wat exactly does the 'manga' mean? i hav got the craze 4 anime recently as i had been pretty busy at college.
get backers rock wen it comes to characters n graphics meanin the characters r well-drawn tho the stories hav much in want. i thnk the creator had a lot of scope but some how got bored or ran out of ideas or the ratings dropt. at one website i saw that this series was rated C-. but i stil thnk it is nice overall

7thMethuselah
2004-12-03, 13:03
hey guys,
m new here so i dunno the jargon much. do i sound 2 naiive if i ask wat exactly does the 'manga' mean?

anime = the animated version shown on tv

manga = the comic on which many anime's are based.

ace firefist
2006-02-10, 07:53
Well, I'm still waiting to get the reports back from the people who are helping with this search, but I'm not holding out any hope. It's been all zeros to date. Of course since the data I'm getting can change anytime over the next 2 years, if you want to bug me in another year or two I'll start the search over again and see if anything has changed. But for now, I'm still voting no season 2.

Hi its been about three yearssince your post and I was wondering if you could look into a possibilty ofthere being a getbackers Series two. I really do hope there is, and possibly look into why it stopped after only 49 episodes.

NoSanninWa
2006-02-11, 01:32
After three years, it is about time to accept that there isn't likely to be a series two.

pinsher6
2006-02-11, 20:56
i do like get backers so interesting isnt it... do hope that it will have a season 2...

AnimePlus
2006-02-12, 00:33
I'm still in the middle of watching the first season but it would be interesting as to where they would go with a second season. I would hope that they have a massive budget (high hopes...haha) for all the fight scenes.

whatever123
2006-02-12, 11:20
wouldn't it be a bit difficult since the anime strayed a bit far away from the manga

Itachikun
2006-02-12, 13:48
With the way things ended at Season 1, there is still loads of storyline to make a season 2, but don't get your hopes high.

Basically it ends with the gang reaching the top poin of Mugenjou, and Ban giving that Sand guy a sweet punch on the face and leaving.They didnt enter it, but just left as soon as they reached the entrance.
________
NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

Crimen Scythe
2006-02-12, 14:10
cant eps 26-49 be considered as a Season 2 of GetBackers...the ending left me wanting more...

ace firefist
2006-03-07, 17:24
So has Raiden found anything yet..?
Yes I know its false hope....-_-ll

Tommy
2006-03-07, 17:36
After three years, it is about time to accept that there isn't likely to be a series two.

*Gasps* NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Seriously the show went downhill somewhere around the 26th episode, around the time when they left that crazy tower the first time.

NoSanninWa
2006-03-07, 17:56
*Gasps* NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Seriously the show went downhill somewhere around the 26th episode, around the time when they left that crazy tower the first time.
Agreed. For me, pretty much everything after that point was a waste, though it got more interesting towards the end again.