PDA

View Full Version : Hayate no Gotoku - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Pellissier
2007-08-04, 09:08
Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Hayate no Gotoku here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/) and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
Torrents
The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
Direct downloads

SSkyy
2007-08-04, 18:49
OP
Hayate no Gotoku by KOTOKO
ED
Proof by MELL
Get my way! by Mami Kawada

Just can't get enough of the OP song :D. However, I prefer the first ED over the second. What do you guys think?

S_K
2007-08-04, 19:05
I'm definetly a fan of Mami Kawada, as she also does the Shana opening, and Get my way! is definetly a really catchy and good song

NightWish
2007-08-04, 19:14
Umm, the opening strikes me a bit... generic :heh:. I think is one of those songs that would probably really grow on me if I actually bothered to listen to it more, I just haven't. Normally, once I get into a show, I don't bother watching the opening and ending songs until I get the DVD (Oh how sacrilegious of me :p). I did really like both endings though so have been religiously listening to them with each episode (when I get around to watching...). Don't prefer one over the other at the moment though.

S_K
2007-08-06, 14:51
full version of get my way is out, man this song is so addicting :)

Zarn
2007-08-06, 15:21
^ August 8th to be exact :D

S_K
2007-08-06, 15:34
^ August 8th to be exact :D

Well, looks like it came out early because I am currently listening to it :heh:

Zarn
2007-08-06, 17:55
Well, looks like it came out early because I am currently listening to it :heh:
I get my music fresh from Japan ;)

Shiroth
2007-08-06, 17:57
Still no second soundtrack release date. D:

Ah well, i'm still nice and happy listening to the first.

FRS
2007-08-07, 01:27
Like SSkyy i prefer "Proof" over "My Way", the mood it convoy suits more my taste.

Zarn
2007-08-07, 10:23
Ooo it's out! a day earlier :D

S_K
2007-08-07, 11:03
Well both Proof and Get my way are good songs, I also like the aozora to taiyou song :):)

Zarn
2007-08-07, 17:24
Awesome single, I like both songs. Kawada Mami banzai!

Painkiller
2007-08-07, 21:21
Umm, the opening strikes me a bit... generic :heh:. I think is one of those songs that would probably really grow on me if I actually bothered to listen to it more, I just haven't. Normally, once I get into a show, I don't bother watching the opening and ending songs until I get the DVD (Oh how sacrilegious of me :p). I did really like both endings though so have been religiously listening to them with each episode (when I get around to watching...). Don't prefer one over the other at the moment though.
While I do like the opening theme done by KOTOKO, it wasn't that addictive of a song and I find KOTOKO themes from other anime much more addictive to listen to while Hayate no Gotoku. I have to agree with every thing you said involving the Hayate no Gotoku, the music theme, not to be confused with the anime. :heh:

Katsu Koneko
2007-08-07, 23:44
Whooo Get out my Way is out! *goes to listen to it*

Hyperius
2007-08-10, 21:22
I found the OP to stick in my head the most, mostly because I adore KOTOKO's vocals.

Both Get My Way! and Proof are very good EDs, though I found Proof to be slightly better. Both are catchy, but Proof just has a better mood over all.

Also, a quick mention of the character albums, I don't quite like any of them. Nagi's and Hina's are the only two that I could actually bare to listen to...

SSkyy
2007-08-11, 23:52
Also, a quick mention of the character albums, I don't quite like any of them. Nagi's and Hina's are the only two that I could actually bare to listen to...

I didn't like them either. But the tone of the song does reflect on the characters' personality.

anselfir
2007-08-13, 22:14
i think maria's songs were pretty nice

Salamandra
2007-08-18, 14:15
I quite like the OP and Proof, but I really like Get my way!

Echoes
2007-08-20, 22:38
The opening, though I agree that it's somewhat generic, is actually very catchy. I enjoy certain parts of it very much, and I usually don't skip it unless I'm rewatching an episode. I love Proof, the vocals are beautiful and the mood's just right for an ending theme. I didn't like Get My Way as much as Proof, it's not a bad song my any means, but I prefer Proof. Variation's always good, though, so the change of the ending theme was bittersweet.

moyism
2007-08-24, 23:07
The recently released Drama CD, as much as I can understand, is pretty hilarious and typical anime-Hayate style. But Hayate as a female for 90% of the CD is PURE WIN in my books (loving Ryoko Shiraishi and her recent roles).

... also a male Maria and Nagi are worth a few laughs as well.

Agent86
2007-09-01, 23:06
The recently released Drama CD, as much as I can understand, is pretty hilarious and typical anime-Hayate style. But Hayate as a female for 90% of the CD is PURE WIN in my books (loving Ryoko Shiraishi and her recent roles).

... also a male Maria and Nagi are worth a few laughs as well.I hope someone is thinking about translating this for us, because it sounds terrific so far. I wish I understood more than about 50% of it...

Fruitfly
2007-09-02, 21:24
The 2nd opening was announced.
It'll be by KOTOKO again and it'll be called Shichitenbattou☆Shijoushuji!

Source:http://aibublog.wordpress.com/
New Hayate no Gotoku opening to be sung by KOTOKO

This new one’s called “Shichitenbattou☆Shijoushuji!” (七転八倒☆至上主義!), and while we don’t know anything else about it just yet, the initial release date’s been set for October 17th of this year. And while the overall breezy feel of the other opening/ending themes for the series would suggest a pretty lighthearted single (not to mention the star and exclamation mark in the title), the fact that the title roughly translates to “the supreme doctrine of writhing in agony” (please note that I never claimed my Japanese was any good) has me thinking this one will at least be interesting from a lyrical perspective.

I liked the long version of the 1st opening better than the tv version for some reason. I hope this one is more catchy.

anselfir
2007-09-02, 21:40
i can read the kanji of that just fine but have no clear idea what it means.

dmckafka
2007-09-03, 18:34
Hey, webmaster of Aibu -I've Sound Blog- here!
First off, thanks for the link :) and secondly I wanted to note that Shichitenbattou*Shijoushuji will be produced by C.G mix, who also produced the songs Chercher (Maria-sama ga Miteru ending theme) and Face of Fact -RESOLUTION ver.- (BALDR FORCE EXE RESOLUTION opening) for KOTOKO. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the song is probably going to be more like Chercher than anything else - so if you're curious as to what the new Hayate OP will sound like, look up 'Chercher'. I would post a link to the video on Youtube, but I'm not sure if that would be against the rules of the thread...

ChiBuki
2007-09-06, 20:30
Hi guys, has someone posted the lyrics for "Dame!"? Just making sure before I go and request the romaji of it somewhere.

Fruitfly
2007-09-10, 18:09
Hey, webmaster of Aibu -I've Sound Blog- here!
First off, thanks for the link :) and secondly I wanted to note that Shichitenbattou*Shijoushuji will be produced by C.G mix, who also produced the songs Chercher (Maria-sama ga Miteru ending theme) and Face of Fact -RESOLUTION ver.- (BALDR FORCE EXE RESOLUTION opening) for KOTOKO. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the song is probably going to be more like Chercher than anything else - so if you're curious as to what the new Hayate OP will sound like, look up 'Chercher'. I would post a link to the video on Youtube, but I'm not sure if that would be against the rules of the thread...

I wonder how people find out that I linked stuff from their site :uhoh: 2nd time it happened :heh:
Thanks for the info dmckafka. I looked up songs but C.G mix and KOTOKO and I enjoyed them a lot. I really like Face and Fact and Fatally. Glad they're doing another one together. I enjoyed the 1st opening, but it took me a while to get used to.

bismuth
2007-09-12, 06:32
I really liked the 1st Opening and Ending songs. I generally like most of Kotoko's songs. The 2nd ending, not much. While the 2nd Opening I haven't heard yet. Temporarily stopped watching this anime, will watched those episodes later...

Among the character songs the only one that I like is Maria. The rest, not good enough.

Katsu Koneko
2007-09-19, 23:26
Anyone have the romanji lyrics to Boku wa Kimi no Mono, Dame, and Unmei no Price?

S_K
2007-09-20, 16:58
I think that Isumi's song are pretty good and cool same with Sakuya's
Isumi's izayoi Maigo was very soothing and good instrumental music, the second one had more of a hip hop feel which was funny

niwasatou
2007-09-21, 15:08
Those two are the best Character Singles so far, imo. :)
Ueda Kana as tsukkomi, kansai-ben character is just damn overkill to me :heh:

Not to mention the scary-soothing songs by Matsuki Miyu~

Katsu Koneko
2007-09-22, 17:39
Isumi's songs RAWK. xD Hehe. I never thought of Isumi as the Hip-Hop type. xD

Same_Shark
2007-09-24, 17:57
Hye guys! The new ED of Hayate has been announced!!! It's title is "Chasse" by Kaori Utatsuki, another I've Sound singer. I'll update on a release date later.

SOURCE: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19588_200709301000.html

dahl_moon
2007-09-25, 21:52

... also a male Maria and Nagi are worth a few laughs as well.
Yeah, Ryoko Shiraishi is awesome in the new Drama CD. Hayate being cursed by the gender switch; isn't this in the manga? I recall some (wannabe cross-dresser) doll maker. Female Hayate's voice is really nice, kinda like Hinagiku. The character songs were also good. But male Maria/Nagi/Hinagiku were meh for me. They all sound the same!

Oh, and we can't forget Isumin! Hayate: I wonder if Isumi-san is having fun...:heh:

Same_Shark
2007-09-28, 15:24
Chasse now has a scheduled release date set for November 21st! It's really early, so it could change.

Midonin
2007-09-29, 21:34
Just heard the new opening theme...not bad at all. It's a lot more upbeat and fast-paced than the first one, but still feels just about the same. I await the full release!

S_K
2007-09-30, 08:28
THank you so much!
This opening is good but I think the 1st one was better
maybe well be seeing some action?

Fruitfly
2007-09-30, 19:31
I'm liking the new opening.
As expected of C.G mix and Kotoko. All their songs together seem to be upbeat.
geeze one month wait for the single release :mad:
The thick outlines remind me of the the Magikano opening

therationalpi
2007-10-01, 00:50
Just wanted to restate for the record that Sakuya and Isumi's Character albums are good stuff.

I especially like Sakuya's, but I'm more than a little biased. Isumi's CD is a cross between soothing and unexpected. Unexpectedly soothing, perhaps?

With that said, am I the only person here who really dislikes Kotoko's vocals?

Mentar
2007-10-01, 07:03
I prefer the new OP to the first one, really dynamic ^_^

However, I wonder what's up with the childish EDs lately... first Clannad, now this...

dmckafka
2007-10-01, 21:04
With that said, am I the person here who really dislikes Kotoko's vocals?

Probably. :D

In all honesty though, her voice does sound somewhat different than usual on her Hayate no Gotoku themes. I still like her voice in both OPs, but I can see why some people might not like it that much.

CJL13
2007-10-01, 21:46
I like it, but it seems too action based.

I thought raw manga readers said Eight was done?

Westlo
2007-10-02, 19:56
I like the new ending theme, here it is on stage 6 for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

http://stage6.divx.com/cookien-channel/video/1690452/Hayate-no-Gotoku!-ED-3

S_K
2007-10-02, 20:29
I like the new ending theme, here it is on stage 6 for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

http://stage6.divx.com/cookien-channel/video/1690452/Hayate-no-Gotoku!-ED-3

I guess I call this a soothing song, its got a nice catchy ring to it

HashiriyaR32
2007-10-12, 00:08
This is the stuff you find when you're REALLY bored.

xTErPodySTg

Same_Shark
2007-10-14, 11:53
Before anyone asks, the second song is called "Double HarmoniZe Shock!" by Kotoko and Kaori Utatuski. It's from the Short Circuit II album, so it's not Hayate related.

HashiriyaR32
2007-10-14, 22:42
Forza 2 + Hayate no Gotoku [MAD]

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1050781

Midonin
2007-10-16, 16:46
The full version of OP2 (the name's far too long for me to remember) is quite catchy. Like it as much as I did when I heard it in the show.

S_K
2007-10-16, 19:19
I would be lying if I said that this song is bad because I like all songs by KOTOKO but this one was good, nothing better or less, just good but i like the fact that its very upbeat

neutralizer
2007-10-16, 23:32
I just got it and I think it's great. It's been looping for a while :D

Midonin
2007-11-21, 19:46
Hamster, as well as the duo of Wataru and Saki, got their character songs released this week. The third ED, too.

Eviltape
2007-11-21, 23:26
The Second OP: Shichitenhakki Shijou Shugi by KOTOKO in 720p for your watching and listening pleasure. That's a very long 3 words, IMO.

Pause the video for at least 1 minute to let it buffer and prevent lag. Click the video and punch it up to fullscreen for a better unsquished view.

Cizv28_jm9E

S_K
2007-11-22, 10:28
After listening to the new character cd's
- I really liked Nishizawa's songs i thought they were both good
- Saki's and Wataru's songs were also good, maid in love was probably the better one

Fruitfly
2007-11-22, 19:58
The Second OP: Shichitenhakki Shijou Shugi by KOTOKO in 720p for your watching and listening pleasure. That's a very long 3 words, IMO.

Pause the video for at least 1 minute to let it buffer and prevent lag. Click the video and punch it up to fullscreen for a better unsquished view.

Cizv28_jm9E
Is this video laggy or is it just my computer?
I can play eclipse's x264 video without lagging this much.

After listening to the new character cd's
- I really liked Nishizawa's songs i thought they were both good
- Saki's and Wataru's songs were also good, maid in love was probably the better one
Wow Takahashi Mikako (Ayumu) really does a great voice. I was expecting screeching and howling. :heh: I think Maid in Love was the better song of the two Saki/Wataru songs but there was a part that sounded like the note was too high for Saki.

(Ganbare Ganbare lalala)

Eviltape
2007-11-23, 07:26
The video slowdown is because Youtube is optimized for 350kbps streaming, and usually doesn't surpass this by much when the server's under load. The video utilizes close to 2000kbps, including audio and video.

Potatochobit
2007-11-29, 05:15
Wow, I really, really love the new ending, lun lun lun la la song.

it is beautiful. very good.

such a stark contrast compared to the second ending which I literally, hated. Too much kotoko gives you migraines at night.

jayfoxpox
2007-12-08, 13:17
the short version for Chasse is awesome but When I heard the long one it was abit disapointing because they try put more beats in it which kind of ruins the song.

bungoman
2007-12-09, 06:36
I've been listening to "Shichitenbattou☆Shijoushuji!" about 10 times a day for the last few weeks. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of it.

tripperazn
2007-12-09, 08:32
Yeah same, all the OP/EDs in this series along with a few character songs have actually managed to stay on my playlist for a long, long time. The only other current shows with comparably good songs are probably Shana II and ef ~a tale of memories~.

Anyone else notice that KOTOKO's lyrics are incredibly random?

Fynal_Fyre
2007-12-09, 10:42
Anyone else notice that KOTOKO's lyrics are incredibly random?

Erm yeah, I got that after listening to Shichitenhakki Shijou Shugi...the lyrics are random, yes, but in all fairness, only at certain points. :eyebrow:

IMO, Hinagiku's Power of Flower and Nishizawa's Ganbare Kataomoi are the better of most of the character songs..

Claymore_Obsessed
2007-12-10, 15:30
such a stark contrast compared to the second ending which I literally, hated. Too much kotoko gives you migraines at night.

I guess it's matter of tastes, imho the current ending is good but the second one was toallty awsome, one of my favorites of all times... :heh:

Liddo-kun
2007-12-24, 08:24
The opening, though I agree that it's somewhat generic, is actually very catchy. I enjoy certain parts of it very much, and I usually don't skip it unless I'm rewatching an episode. I love Proof, the vocals are beautiful and the mood's just right for an ending theme. I didn't like Get My Way as much as Proof, it's not a bad song my any means, but I prefer Proof. Variation's always good, though, so the change of the ending theme was bittersweet.

Glad someone here has the same opinion as me.
I liked the first opening by KOTOKO (it's catchy and sets the happy mood :)).

For the ending, MELL's performance is still better for my tastes.
Kawada Mami is awesome when singing songs for Shana series, but I didn't like her song for HnG's 2nd ending. ><

Same_Shark
2007-12-27, 19:25
The new ending theme debuts at episode 40! It's called "木の芽風" by IKU.

Midonin
2008-01-24, 10:25
Character CDs are out today for Yukiji and the three Student Council Girls. Yukiji doesn't end up partnering with Tama, as Nagi predicted. She actually gets a duet with Hina on there.

Fynal_Fyre
2008-01-24, 21:28
IMO, somehow, the Student Council trio's song somehow grows on you, it really is kinda catchy.

Fruitfly
2008-01-24, 23:06
IMO, somehow, the Student Council trio's song somehow grows on you, it really is kinda catchy.
The first song is my favorite song of the two singles, but isn't the second song a remix of Hinagiku's song?

Fynal_Fyre
2008-01-25, 06:01
The first song is my favorite song of the two singles, but isn't the second song a remix of Hinagiku's song?

Hinagiku's 2nd song is...erm, Shirokou Gakuin Seitokai Kokoroe, IIRC.

The Student Council's is Hakuou Gakuin Seitokai Fukokoroe.

For all intents and purposes, the Student Council Trio's is a remix of Hinagiku's.

Actually, Katsura-Sensei's 2nd song is my favourite of the two, Jiyuu Sanka has that particular type of......upbeat feel to it, that and it being a duet with Hina, makes is a instant win song, the two Katsuras may not agree as sisters, but their voices sure go together.

:heh:

Midonin
2008-02-06, 21:04
Details for Character Song CDs 11 and 12 have been announced (yes, that many), and these are unusual ones.

11 is Ayasaki Hermione (you read that right) and Mahou Shoujo Pretty Nagi.
12 is a Maria/Hina duet.

Zelene2004
2008-02-09, 19:24
Does anyone know when the fourth ED will be released?

Midonin
2008-02-09, 19:26
March 19th

Katsu Koneko
2008-02-11, 02:53
Details for Character Song CDs 11 and 12 have been announced (yes, that many), and these are unusual ones.

11 is Ayasaki Hermione (you read that right) and Mahou Shoujo Pretty Nagi.
12 is a Maria/Hina duet.

OMG. Seriously?

Sweet~ X3 Can't wait for Ayasaki Hermione and Mahou Shoujo Pretty Nagi~ -dances-

Fynal_Fyre
2008-03-23, 05:25
Okay, slightly Old News, the 11th and 12th Character Song CD's are out.

11th: Hermione Ayasaki vs. Magical Shojo Pretty Nagi - Starring Ryouko Shiraishi and Kugimiya Rie.

12th: The Hakuou Captains, Maria and Hinagiku Katsura - Starring Itou Shizuka and Tanaka Rie.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5711/case01aj4.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=case01aj4.jpg)http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6057/case02nl1.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=case02nl1.jpg)

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5093/case01uj9.th.jpg (http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=case01uj9.jpg)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6537/case02rp1.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=case02rp1.jpg)

11th Char CD: Oh! My Honey - Ryouko Shiraishi, Koishitara Fantasy - Kugimiya Rie

12th Char CD: Kanpeki Egao Desu - Tanaka Rie, 100ten Manten nanka Ja Nai! - Itou Shizuka

delacroix01
2008-03-23, 12:55
Well, I've got them a few days ago. Pretty good though. I don't listen to character's songs often, but I must admit HnG is one of very rare anime that made me get every music stuff of it. :D I don't think any OP/ED of it is bad, but Proof, Chasse and Shichitenhakki Shijou Shugi are the ones that I can hear many times without getting bored. Really love those songs. :p

Katsu Koneko
2008-03-23, 16:07
X3 Aww Hayate sounds very cuute as a girl. :D

I loved the new ending theme~

OH! MY HONEY~ X3

Nosgoroth
2008-03-23, 16:24
Argh.

Can't. Stop. Listening. To. Oh! My Honey!!!

~Oh! My honey, honey, Hermioneee~

S_K
2008-03-23, 16:59
Argh.

Can't. Stop. Listening. To. Oh! My Honey!!!

~Oh! My honey, honey, Hermioneee~

AGREED! :D
although 100ten Manten Nankaja nai! is also a really catchy good song

dave1992
2008-03-26, 09:19
Yeah, I should agree that 100ten Manten Nanka janai is a catchy one...

Noe
2008-10-27, 16:30
I love Proof and Chasse..Proof more, though.

Dr_Himekatsu
2008-10-28, 21:35
Hayate No Gotoku By Kotoko. I simply luff it. I have it on my cell and on my mp3 :) It's simply the best for me

Katsu Koneko
2009-03-07, 17:01
Anyone listen to the Character Cover CD?

I've listened to a few tracks, but definitely my favorite is Track 10. Hayate (Shiraishi Ryouko) singing Ko no Me Kaze! So adorable~

polke45
2009-03-07, 21:52
I really like this album. My favorite song is probably "Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis" by Hinagiku. I mean what can you go wrong with adopting from one of the best songs in the history of anime and it is sung by my favorite character, Hina.

For those of you who have no idea what am i am talking about, "Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis" is the opening song from the anime, Evangelion.

Midonin
2009-03-07, 21:54
I was looking out for the Cover CD because of Ayumu's song. It's the ending to Choujin Sentai Jetman and being the toku fan I am, couldn't resist.

Though I do have to say Ryoko Shiraishi does a lovely job covering the ED.

VRMN
2009-03-07, 22:05
It's probably Cruel Angel's Thesis just for the pure win of having Shizuka Itou cover that song as Hinagiku. That said, I enjoyed Maria's, Wataru/Saki's and Ayumu's nearly as much.

Also, like the above poster, I rather enjoyed Ryouko Shiraishi's take on the fourth ED as Hayate.

polke45
2009-03-07, 23:27
this is one of those albums that should be owned by every anime fan, because it brings back those nostalgic memories such as Sentai ranger, Evangelion, and Maison Ikkoku.

neothe0ne
2009-03-08, 13:51
heh once again I'm the opposite of nearly everyone.

I thought Hina's Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis and Hayate's Ko no me kaze were among the _weakest_ songs in the album LOL.

My favorites are Nagi, Maria, and Ayumu's.

OceanBlue
2009-03-08, 21:25
I guess knowing the song helps, since my favorites are songs that I've already heard. Maria's is my favorite. I like Hinagiku's as well, though.

Mentar
2009-03-09, 05:53
I wonder if Hina's song is a sign that we'll finally get to see her perform it on her birthday party. Since it would mean that THE scene of the show will follow suit ^_^ (Nightly Tower scene with Hayate)

Midonin
2009-03-22, 13:22
This is amusing. Saw the tracklist for the second season ED, and while the one we'll hear in show is Hina and the student council trio, the single will also include a version with Yukiji as the chorus and a version with Hamster as the chorus. Small changes, but ones I await hearing.

Midonin
2009-04-15, 11:30
Alright, bit of an update on the music for S2.

Two character song CDs (both to be released 6/24) recently appeared in the listings. The first one is for Nagi (http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNCA-1221) and the second one is, to the surprise of no one, Hina (http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNCA-1222).

Also, all the sources I've seen have been listing "Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi Iro!" as the first ending theme, which means that this season is bound to be at least two cours.

Tamad
2009-05-19, 15:07
Didn't see any info here, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew the release date for the Wonder Wind single?

Midonin
2009-05-19, 15:10
A few hours ago would be my best guess.

Serffix
2009-05-19, 15:42
Didn't see any info here, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew the release date for the Wonder Wind single?

It got released today. I think you can alrdy find the full version on youtube.

qwertyman
2009-05-20, 09:48
6/24 for the new ending release? Aaaaargh can't wait that long.

And my favorite character cover is the baka trio's, even though I don't really know the song.

Midonin
2009-05-20, 09:52
The ending's releasing on 6/10, actually.

Midonin
2009-06-01, 18:13
Thanks to the website, info on the first two character songs I mentioned some posts back. Character songs 3-6 out of 8 have also been confirmed. They are, in order: Maria, Hayate, Ayumu and the student council trio of lovable idiots.

Nagi (http://hayate-music.com/chara2_1/index.html)'s song titles are "Straw Hat Fantasy" and "Shootin' Star".

Hina (http://hayate-music.com/chara2_2/index.html)'s song titles are "Do my Best!" and "I miss You".

qwertyman
2009-06-10, 12:09
Listening to Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi Iro with Ayumu as the chorus... I was kind of expecting Ayumu to sing a bit more. :(

Still good, though. Don't know if I care for the one with alcoholic Katsura singing chorus.

Serffix
2009-06-10, 12:35
Another music CD called "HINA Festival & Carnival / HINA matsuri" has been scheduled to release on the same date as Nagi and Hina's character albums. (06/24)
I suppose this means we'll get to hear some singing in episode 12 (having my hopes on cruel angel thesis).
Found the details here : http://www.hayate-music.com/hinamatsuri/

Btw, there was also an extra on the "Honjitsu, mankai watashi iro" CD.
A 1:30~ music video with only Hina scenes. Pretty cool for Hina fans ^.^

OceanBlue
2009-06-10, 21:21
I like the other versions of the ending better than the original, especially Ayumu's, since it skips the "H-I-N-A Hinagiku! Hai hai!" part.

qwertyman
2009-06-10, 22:38
I like the other versions of the ending better than the original, especially Ayumu's, since it skips the "H-I-N-A Hinagiku! Hai hai!" part.

I like the H-I-N-A part, although I could do without the first half of that where they say mankai.

It's better than alcoholic Katsura saying something about Dom Perignon and just shouting in a weird voice, at least. >_>

CynicalDurian
2009-06-11, 15:39
it wouldnt have killed them to have one track with just Ito's vocals alone without the guest nuisances, but why do that when you can have three near identical instrumentals? =/

DragoonKain3
2009-06-21, 21:26
Despite being a big Hina fan, you gotta admit though, Itou was WAY off in some parts when she was singing Cruel Angel's Thesis. It's definitely several notches below season 2's ED.

No, best part goes to Rie's Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa. I mean, I absolutely couldn't stand the original version (one of the many reasons why I never got far in Maison Ikkoku, dunno, something about the singer's voice), and even how great Mikuni is, she couldn't save it either for me. But Tanaka Rie... wow, just wow. She actually made me listen to the entire thing... multiple times even. Being on character and being on tune really helped, methinks.

musume_no_hoshi
2009-06-23, 11:00
Hina and Nagi character singles are already floating on the internet already. Like everything in life, they're leaked on the internet.

Now..Hina's character single would have fitted in with those K-on character singles, her songs have a nice rock to it. Itou's vocals is pretty decent on CD, so no complaints there. Both the A-side and B-side are good songs, might be a little forgetable. But they're a decent listen to.

Nagi's...erm...I listened to each song for 5 seconds and switched it off. They already added some effects to KugiRie's voice, but it still sounds pretty bad. KugiRie is one of the seiyuus who can't even sing on a recording.

I recommend people to listen to Nagi's one first, then Hina's.

qwertyman
2009-06-23, 11:05
Hmm, speaking of their new character CD songs, anyone else get a huge Hitohiro no Hanabira vibe from Hina's "I Miss You"?

Also, Nagi's was just... bad.

`tristan`
2009-06-23, 11:12
wasnt there supposed to be another CD for Hina

i think it was named as "Hina: Festival and Carnival"

is it out already? it was supposed to be out by the 24th along with the two character cd's

Midonin
2009-06-23, 11:42
The character CD releases did confirm who spots 7 and 8 are going to.

7 is a Wataru/Saki duet with the nun somehow squeezing her way in there, and 8 is Sakuya/Isumi. Which means the only character not singing in this round who did in the first set is Katsura-sensei. I shall keep my thoughts brief, but perhaps her chance will come another day.

Also, second OP and ED confirmed. The new OP is "daily-daily Dream!!" by KOTOKO. Which, aside from reminding me of the second Battle Spirits ED by Ayahi Takagaki with the title, sounds good. The second ED will be done by the Nagi/Hayate duet.

xellos2099
2009-06-23, 11:49
Is there going to be a cd with hina version of cruel angel on it?

Midonin
2009-06-23, 11:50
There will be a few months ago.

musume_no_hoshi
2009-06-23, 14:37
Yay KOTOKO is doing the opening again, I only liked the off-vocal version of Wonder Wind. ELISA is a good singer, but the song didn't match her. It's been a while that she released a single, I think...

qwertyman
2009-06-23, 15:08
Also, second OP and ED confirmed. The new OP is "daily-daily Dream!!" by KOTOKO. Which, aside from reminding me of the second Battle Spirits ED by Ayahi Takagaki with the title, sounds good. The second ED will be done by the Nagi/Hayate duet.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Terrible ending song confirmed.

Katsu Koneko
2009-06-23, 16:22
The second ED will be done by the Nagi/Hayate duet.

Loving this~ x3 Nagi/Hayate duet awesome!

thelok
2009-06-23, 20:46
Is there going to be a cd with hina version of cruel angel on it?

The Cruel Angel's Thesis song by Hina is already out. The song is on the CD called: Hayate no Gotoku! Character Cover CD

neothe0ne
2009-06-24, 06:41
Despite being a big Hina fan, you gotta admit though, Itou was WAY off in some parts when she was singing Cruel Angel's Thesis. It's definitely several notches below season 2's ED.

No, best part goes to Rie's Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa. I mean, I absolutely couldn't stand the original version (one of the many reasons why I never got far in Maison Ikkoku, dunno, something about the singer's voice), and even how great Mikuni is, she couldn't save it either for me. But Tanaka Rie... wow, just wow. She actually made me listen to the entire thing... multiple times even. Being on character and being on tune really helped, methinks.

Are you talking about episode 12? I'm fairly sure that was intentional, since she has "never sang before" or whatever.

musume_no_hoshi
2009-06-24, 11:30
From the HiNA festifal and carnival CD, Ito Shizuka isn't the best live singer ever, but she's a seiyuu, so I guess it's okay. She even missed some lyrics in Zankoku na tenshi no thesis...oh well. The otakus there seems to love it. BUT I swear every frikkin anison singer has covered this song, even Mizuki Nana did.

I guess they couldn't be bothered to record a DVD of this, I would liked to see how Ito Shizuka performed live. I think there was a live band too.

It's a CD for Hina and Ito Shizuka fans. Anyone else ... just skip it.

Tamad
2009-06-24, 12:15

Awesome, I love KOTOKO and glad she's coming back for more Hayate... but I actually didn't mind the Elisa opening too much. :) As for the ending, well... it could be worse, but I was really hoping for Ayumu to have her time in the spotlight.

qwertyman
2009-06-24, 13:43
I guess they couldn't be bothered to record a DVD of this, I would liked to see how Ito Shizuka performed live. I think there was a live band too.

I'd have to agree. Well, I'd have loved to see Hitomi Nabatame and Itou Shizuka sing Jiyuu Sanka live. I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes this song...

It's a CD for Hina and Ito Shizuka fans. Anyone else ... just skip it.

That's like, what, 90% of Hayate no Gotoku's fanbase?

Von Himmel
2009-06-26, 02:21
Rie Kugimiya will sing !
. . . :)
D:

But then there's also KOTOKO. Seems like the next OP would be good. .

Anyway, about the Hina's Festival. . I found that the Zankoku no Tenshi Hina's ver is not really good compared to the anime. I know it's the same song, but still.... Probably because I like it better with a video to support the music or something #_#;

qwertyman
2009-07-04, 16:22
Does anyone happen to know what CD this is on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giu1EXKt-yg

Figure I'd get a better response here than trying to ask in a comment with my crappy Japanese. >_>

Serffix
2009-07-04, 16:43
Does anyone happen to know what CD this is on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giu1EXKt-yg

Figure I'd get a better response here than trying to ask in a comment with my crappy Japanese. >_>

http://www.hayate-music.com/dorama.html

CD2 of the Hayate no gotoku! Hakuou Academy student broadcast

qwertyman
2009-07-04, 16:57
Cool, thanks muchly.

Liddo-kun
2009-07-06, 10:27

Some good things just don't last long...

I don't hate Kugimiya Rie's singing but I would have preferred the first ED to be around longer. :sad:

Shiroth
2009-08-25, 03:47
Oh how i adore the full version of daily-daily dream. This is the kind of Kotoko which is perfect for this series. Just like the second OP of the first season.

qwertyman
2009-08-25, 14:44
I don't really like KOTOKO's songs...

... now the student council trio's song, this is a song I can listen to. I'm such a sucker for these three when they sing.

Also interesting that Izumi gets her own song on the trio's CD. Too bad it's not that good since Izumi's out-of-pitch voice doesn't really work with the music.

Midonin
2009-08-25, 14:47
I'm a fan of Ayumu's first song - "Kimi Fan". In fact, a lot of the character songs this season are incredibly upbeat and energetic. Great to listen to. Even if almost all of them drop the show's title sooner or later.

Serffix
2009-08-25, 15:29
Another version of the first ending song has been released featuring only Shizuka Itou - Hinagiku singing. ( Hina GiG version)

qwertyman
2009-08-25, 17:15
Another version of the first ending song has been released featuring only Shizuka Itou - Hinagiku singing. ( Hina GiG version)

Oooh, I need to hear this one. After awhile the others singing does get kinda annoying.

Sidestep
2009-08-25, 21:13
I'm a big fan of "Kimi Fan" as well. ;)

Of course, the full version of "daily daily Dream" is great too.

qwertyman
2009-08-27, 03:06
Kimi Fan is starting to rub off on me

I want to translate it since I really want to know what she's singing about.

Wrath88
2009-08-29, 07:11
I've always been a huge fan of Kotoko, and this new song from her really lives up to my expectations.

qwertyman
2009-09-03, 09:41
Hina's stand-alone Honjitsu Mankai version sounds completely different. I was expecting the same old song, just without the others chiming in.

I'm not sure how I feel about this song yet.

`tristan`
2009-09-07, 00:02
The Hina Gig sounded like more Rock based rather than the previous versions. But heck, still liked it but not to the extent of its previous versions.

GDB
2009-09-08, 09:35
Full version of Kara Koi was pretty nice. Nagi gets a cute solo at one point, but I really wish they hadn't added the short part at the beginning and end of "Nagi" and "Hayate" talking to each other.

The Nagi/Maria "AFTER Midnight" song is really good too.

justsomeguy
2009-09-08, 19:16
Characters talking to each other in a song is a pet peeve of mine. It's unnecessary and distracting. Karakoi is fine without that crap.

Gibber
2009-09-08, 20:47
The talking didn't bother me that much. Song sounds really good though to me.

neothe0ne
2009-09-09, 00:35
The beginning of Karakoi with the "Yo Hayate, what's love?" "Eh?" was hilarious imo.

The end was just annoying though.

qwertyman
2009-09-09, 10:10
Both songs would've been better if Hayate/Maria were the lead singers and Nagi was back up.

Tanaka Rie's singing voice in After Midnight is awesome. Well, her voice as Maria in general is pleasing so...

Katsu Koneko
2009-09-11, 15:57
>w< Ah man~ I just love the full versions of daily-daily dream and Katakoi~!

Though yeah I agree the ending dialogue should have been cut. xD;;

xKeen
2009-09-19, 03:41
The second ED for the current season reminds me of toradora o.O

Opace
2009-09-26, 01:02
Although Karakoi Shoujo wa Koi wo Suru is quite addicting, I find its flipside After Midnight far better. The two voices (Kugimiya and Tanaka Rie) blend together far better as Kugimiya has a high-pitched "cutesy" voice which is complimented by the more mature sounding voice from Tanaka. The traditional, rich feel you get from the beginning and the end played by a harpsichord (?) also helps along with the Nagi-rich image.

I'm also getting slightly addicted to Koucha no Waltz sung again by Tanaka Rie in her early character albums. Very nice waltzy feel (hence the name); you can just imagine Maria just waltzing about the place in dark lighting.

Sidestep
2009-09-27, 22:55
I really like After Midnight too, it just works so well.

qwertyman
2009-10-01, 10:14
Listening to character CDs 7 and 8... I still can't like Isumi's songs. Sister's song sounds like a typical J-pop song, though Wataru + Saki and Sakuya's songs are nice.

Ratsel Feinschmecker
2010-03-19, 20:47
i like this song in the Hayate no Gotoku AMV (showing the End of the World chapters) and if im posting on the wrong section please tell me since im new here
znqZrKJWP_A

JPblueser
2012-06-24, 00:48
Wow... This thread has been inactive for quite a while...

I'm surprised that there are no comments about "HiNA2 Spring has come!!", that was released in December 2011. Has anyone even heard about it?

"Tiny Star" stood out as a very lovely and heartwarming song. Probably my favourite from this one. It's calm and I'd said even comforting. The lyrics mean a lot for those who truly value friendship.

Definitely worth a listen! :)

Masuzu
2012-06-25, 06:23
^ I've only heard the main song, indeed it's very nice. :D

Berserkguard
2012-07-22, 13:08
I've really grown to love KOTOKO. I've been a fan of her since I heard Loop-the-Loop for To Love-Ru's OP.

Obviously the OP for Hayate no Gotoku is no exception :D

Hiroi Sekai
2012-11-10, 18:33
eyelis has released the "CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU" OP single; it's the thing I enjoy the most this season. The show's average-ish, but this opening is fantastic.

faiz blaster
2013-05-20, 18:57
Someone please explain HOW I missed this until now....:twitch:

7wabZbQjctE

yindesu
2013-05-30, 05:01
HiNA 3 was just announced (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AT89Z_UoMo#t=1m59s)

Mazryonh
2013-05-30, 08:59
Someone please explain HOW I missed this until now....:twitch:

Yep, Saori Hayami's and Shizuka Itou's voices go together really well, you know? Have you heard their other duet track, Tsuyogari Sunset (http://kaminomi.wikia.com/wiki/Feigning_Sunset)?

Both KamiNomi and HnG are animated by the same studio, Manglobe, and the studio (or its backers) decided to throw four of the shows' seiyuus together (being Saori Hayami, Shizuka Itou, Haruka Yamazaki, and Nao Toyama) for a joint concert. Shizuka Itou talks about it on her blog (http://ameblo.jp/beerlover-shizuka/entry-11516538204.html?frm_src=thumb_module), if you can understand Japanese.

You can hear a track with all four of them here:

iPoSVCUheiw

I hope that Saori Hayami and Shizuka Itou do more collaborations in the future as well.