PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing... Any more?

Ailer
2003-11-08, 22:52
does anyone know if this series has more episodes than the original 13, or if there are plans to make more episodes?

svndezafrohman
2003-11-08, 23:44
i dont think there is any more eps.
it ends at 13

Kyuven
2003-11-09, 03:09
there were GOING to be more episodes, but Hellsing had lackluster popularity in japan so they chopped the second season

Sabin
2003-11-09, 11:18
From what i have seen of hellsing (up to ep 9) it is definetly something that would appeal more to north american audiences. I personally love it and hate the fact that it is only 13 eps. I am going to finish watching it today and i am sure that i will want more afterwards. Too bad about the second season getting canceled :(

Hunter
2003-11-09, 17:07
The second season wasn't cancelled, it wasn't even ever decided to make a new season.

One or two OVA is more probable (not even probable in fact, just possible), but once again, nothing was decided on this subject for the moment.

Oninusar
2003-11-09, 17:13
a small Hellsing "Special" was produced showcassing a few scene's form the 2nd season, or some kinda movie maybe, furthing telling the story of Alucard <impresioned by the late Von Hellsing and now guardiang to the current Lord Hellsing> and the imerging powers of "Lady policewoman"

the leading theme was going to be "Psalm of Darkness" oh and its roumered the battle with the Reanimator and Alucard exists somewhere....

i really enjoyed the series but as you know they never make a full 26 eps, they make a few and there released and then judge the series by popularity and knock out eps as needed during the year.. AKA sometimes you get the flash back episode to allow animators to catch up on a few..

*sigh* i guess japanese and vampires dont mix :/

Gattz
2003-11-09, 21:18
Sorry, there isn't going to be a second season but if you really liked it read the manga ^_^

Tabiree
2003-11-09, 23:40
The "special' that was mentioned was merely the trailer.

monir
2003-11-10, 02:00
moooh...here I was holding my breath:D

method
2003-11-10, 02:56
From John Oppenheimer the anime guru at animenation.com concerning HellsingI don't mean to name drop, but earlier this year I actually spoke to Gonzo Studios president and founder Shoji Murahama personally and asked him about the possibility of more Hellsing animation. He said that both Gonzo Studios and Pioneer (at the time, the company name was still Pioneer) wanted to make more, but the final decision was up to original manga creator Kouta Hirano. Since Murahama's English wasn't perfect, he summed up the situation by shaking his head and saying, "Very difficult!"

Stickels
2003-11-10, 18:16
I'm gonna make a music vid of hellsing, any suggestions for a song?

sorry for the little bit of a hijack, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread when there was allready a hellsing one.

monir
2003-11-12, 16:31
Do one with Hollowed be thy name by Cradle of filth.

Esperchld
2003-11-12, 17:08
You mean Hallowed be thy name by Iron Maiden as preformed by Cradle of filth? That would be a good choice for a music video. Actually anything that Cradle of filth has preformed woudl probubly work well.

Loki_Sama
2003-11-12, 19:09
damm but the manga is in JAP......right?

Xeno
2003-11-12, 20:08
Yes... but they are being released in english by Dark Horse I believe...

monir
2003-11-12, 21:17
You mean Hallowed be thy name by Iron Maiden as preformed by Cradle of filth? That would be a good choice for a music video. Actually anything that Cradle of filth has preformed woudl probubly work well.My sentiment exactly to any anime that has dark and moody atmosphere with lots of action will go with this song..Have you seen the AMV of Ninja Scroll the movie? That's how I have come to know the Cradle of Filth.

I hope Stickels-san is reading our replies:D..

Esperchld
2003-11-12, 22:23
Nope, I found them while downloading a lot of Castlevania music. Someone had dumped a bunch of Cradle of Filth into the mix.

Stickels
2003-11-12, 23:02
I actually am reading your replies, I'll go load the song and see what I can do with it.

I actually started one using "Another on bites the dust" by queen, lol, but I can allways do 2, its not like I have much better to do.

I really need a better program for this though... any suggestions? Windows Movie Maker is kind of limited.

monir
2003-11-12, 23:11
I actually am reading your replies, I'll go load the song and see what I can do with it.

I actually started one using "Another on bites the dust" by queen, lol, but I can allways do 2, its not like I have much better to do.

I really need a better program for this though... any suggestions? Windows Movie Maker is kind of limited.
Please link the source when you are done making the AMV or you can PM me..I will definitely keep an eye on this thread..

Sorry, I cannot be of any help to you in those things (complete moron will describle me).

Esperchld
2003-11-12, 23:31
Adobe Premiere comes to mind as a good software for this. Atleast that is what we used in high school for doing a similar project.

Stickels
2003-11-12, 23:50
Please link the source when you are done making the AMV or you can PM me..I will definitely keep an eye on this thread..

Sorry, I cannot be of any help to you in those things (complete moron will describle me).

you know anyplace where I could get it online? if you do I'd be glad to give you a link to it. but as it is I don't know of any way to get them on the internet.

monir
2003-11-13, 01:41
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php.. I think this site may be able to help you, but you need to sign up...Or you can sign up with http://geocities.yahoo.com/ where they let you have your own web page with strings attached...

Stickels
2003-11-13, 23:28
The Anime Music Video site is being difficult... but when I make it work I'll give you a link.

Youko
2003-11-14, 14:30
I've seen a few episodes, and read a few chapters, and I really liked it.

I'm disapointed it wasn't popular enough to be further produced.. It could have turned out to be something really cool. It wasn't just your typical vampire story either, it went out on a different limb.

Does anyone want to spoil it for me how it ends? ^^ I only have read/seen the first bit of it.

Stickels
2003-11-14, 18:13
A "real" vampire shows up, you think he has alucard matched in power, then Alucard proves how strong he is and lets the other vampire absorb a minor god from hell and then whoops his ass.

Oneesama
2003-12-05, 22:02
I love this 'dark' series. :love: don't know if they have a sequal or not?

Antonik
2003-12-06, 01:00
i just noticed the anime suki forum banner has the lady policewoman on it ^_^ how insightful of me hehe. Never knew either :( Whos the girl on the right?

Anime was pretty good, but i got bored of it after about ep7 and skipped the rest.

monir
2003-12-06, 01:27
Well, you missed the best action of the whole series.Does anyone want to spoil it for me how it ends? ^^ I only have read/seen the first bit of it.Yeap..Stickels-san pretty much summed it up..Alucard finally meets his match and the story was built into a almost 3 episode. I say almost 3 because episode 11 was setting up for that action. Btw, many may have already noticed this, but what is the reverse for alucard?

I love this 'dark' series. :love: don't know if they have a sequal or not?Nope..So far its all rumor..nothing confirmed..Also, if you like dark series, watch Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari aka 100 stories and Shingetsuhan Tsukihime; providing you are not following them already..These two are the best right now..

kakashi25
2004-05-18, 18:51
Edited: erased

Hunter
2004-05-18, 18:56
It's the trailler of the first and single season, it showed things that don't happen in the anime because it was made before the series even started and that they finally changed the story of the manga to make the 'end'.

edit : eh, it seems that i don't answer to any post anymore :p

Daemon
2004-06-13, 04:14
Hellsing is cool but I wish there was more!

Are the mangas as good as the DVDs?

Where could I ge tthem?

Anything else I should know about?

Yebyosh
2004-06-13, 04:57
The manga is better than the anime. Darkhouse is publishing the English version if I'm not wrong.

ClancyDamon
2004-07-08, 00:58
I'm curious to know if there is any kind of sequel, movie, or second half to Hellsing. I really liked this series, but with only 13 episodes and a pretty ambiguous ending, it seems there has to be more. I know that's nothing to go on, but I've been reading the manga, and while it's very different, it seems that the story in the anime is meant to progress beyond it's current end. Not only that, I've seen more than one screenshot that was not anywhere in the series (Celes, or Seras, applying some lipstick for example). But the clincher, and the only real evidence that there should be more, is a preview I happened to find while searching for AMV's. It was about a minute and a half or so, and it showed quite a few things that were similar to the 3rd issue of the manga. It was all footage that was definately not in the 13 episodes of the series, and ended with the title, "Hellsing: Psalm of the Darkness". In everything I've read, there is no mention of this at all. Does anyone know what the hell is going with this? Is it a preview to a movie that was cancelled mid production? I'm confused, and I need closure here. I can't take not knowing if there's more out there!

Fronzel
2004-07-08, 01:27
I've seen that, it's just an amatuer trailer. It's the only non-parody one I know, but it doesn't mean anything. It's well made, though.

I bet "Psalm of the Darkness" is just the subtitle no one ever uses, like how it's "The Vision of Escaflowne," rather then just "Escaflowne," but that's so rarely used.

Mr_Paper
2004-07-08, 08:04
There is no second series for Hellsing and the rumor you're repeating has been around for some time. To be perfectly blunt, there will never be a second series. The first season, if you look at it in the context of actual plot development, was lacking too many elements to allow it to continue. All they did was animate a couple of the more popular chapters from the first and second volumes and then created a whole lot of filler to flesh out the series.

That AMV was/is actually the promotional video used to sell the series and is not actually a real AMV. The video was made to promote the upcoming series, not a second series or a non-existant movie. If you look at many promotional videos, there are countless scenes that never make it into the television series. It's nothing new...

The actual name of the Hellsing series is Hellsing: Psalm of the Darkness but, like Fronzel said, nobody ever calls it by that.

Odds are, that scene with Seras applying lipstick, was a scene that while it never made it into the televised version of the series was included on the region two DVD release (this happens alot too).

bjorn_anime
2004-09-25, 16:55
hi.

i have seen 13 episodes of hellsing and i wounder if there are any more episodes or if there are comming any more episodes

OutPhase
2004-09-25, 17:04
Hellsing is licensed, so it's in the wrong place. Also it has never been on Bit Torrent here on Animesuki according to the list.

Mr_Paper
2004-09-25, 17:23
Hellsing is licensed, so it's in the wrong place. Also it has never been on Bit Torrent here on Animesuki according to the list.That's not what he was asking, he wants to know if they will be any more episodes. Try thinking a little before responding to questions, although you are right that this is in the wrong forum.

As for the question at hand, there is no indication of any new episodes in the near or distant story. Sorry, but to see more of what happens in the series you'll need to read the manga.

wsheit
2004-09-25, 22:24
There is no second series for Hellsing and the rumor you're repeating has been around for some time. To be perfectly blunt, there will never be a second series. The first season, if you look at it in the context of actual plot development, was lacking too many elements to allow it to continue. All they did was animate a couple of the more popular chapters from the first and second volumes and then created a whole lot of filler to flesh out the series.

Not only did they leave a lot of stuff out, they also changed a good deal of the details as well. Anybody who wants to know the rest of the story after seeing the anime should start at the beginning of the manga. That's what I did....

Yebyosh
2004-09-25, 22:35
Yes. The anime only adapted the earlier chapters of the manga before venturing off into its own convoluted, confusing mess. It is very, very unlikely for another season of Hellsing due to this.

Things are much better handled in the manga and you are well advised to read it from the beginning.