PDA

View Full Version : Alien Romance/Comedy

Zeaig
2008-01-17, 09:01
Does anyone have any good Romance/Comedy Suggestions for anime's that have Alien characters or something in it for example.

DearS
Eureka 7
The world of Naru
Please Teacher
and so on

Preferably i want the Alien to be the girl but aether way is fine.

Thanks Ahead

tripperazn
2008-01-17, 09:05
To Love Ru. Manga from the author of Black Cat. The anime is coming in April.

Zeaig
2008-01-17, 09:08
Thanks but i'm more looking for an actual anime not a manga but i may look into that anyways.

Kristen
2008-01-17, 09:11
You may want to look into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It has an alien, and is a romance/comedy.

Ellestar
2008-01-17, 09:13
Erementar Gerad (not exactly a comedy, more like fantasy/adventure with some romance and some comedy, but you listed Eureka 7 so this one should be ok too)
Urusei Yatsura

SeijiSensei
2008-01-17, 09:21
Give Oh! Edo Rocket (http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1036.html) a try. An alien girl is stranded on earth in 19th century Japan. She tries to return to her base on the moon by enlisting the help of a young fireworks maker to build a rocket. The romance is subtle and just one of a number of parallel story lines; the show itself is often hilarious in a very off-beat way.

One of my favorite shows from 2007.

Frans
2008-01-17, 09:42
Maybe Shuffle? You could also try Ufo Princess Valkyrie.
Btw, try Chobits. It got some similarities to DearS, but substitute alien with android.

Ellestar
2008-01-17, 09:59
You could also try Ufo Princess Valkyrie.

I also thought about Ufo Princess Valkyrie but AFAIK she's human, she's just from another planet.

mdauben
2008-01-17, 10:22
I also thought about Ufo Princess Valkyrie but AFAIK she's human, she's just from another planet.
What do you want, tenticles and green skin? :heh:

I think pretty much any human x alien romance anime is going to involves mostly "human" looking aliens. In any case, a few more human x alien romance stories that I have watched:

Birdy the Mighty - About a human boy (Tsutomu) who is accidently "killed" by an alien policewoman (Birdy) in pursuit of a criminal. To make up for "killing" him, she has to share her body with Tsutomu from now on.
Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars - A scifi adventrure/romance about a human (Jinto) who falls in love with an alien princess (Lafiel). In this case, Lafiel has blue hair and pointy ears, so she at least looks alien. ;)
Dragonaut ~The Resonance~ -About a human boy (Jin) who meets an alien girl (Toa) after his parents and sister are killed in a space shuttle accident.
Tenchi Muyo! - There are several versions of this classic harem comedy (Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki, Tenchi Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo) about a human high school student (Tenchi) who becomes involved with a group of beautiful alien girls (Ryoko, Ayeka, etc.).
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - About two high school friends (Takeru and Ryo) who meet two mysterious aliend girls (Hikari and Akari) while walking in the woods
Hope that helps! :D

Phantasmagoria
2008-01-17, 10:27
Kashimashi? He's a minor character.. but provides some entertainment :/
Anyway, Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars looks good. Second it.

FatPianoBoy
2008-01-17, 11:06

Can't plug this one enough.

Also Blue Drop, though I don't think I call that a comedy :heh:

foux
2008-01-17, 11:21
Kashimashi? He's a minor character.. but provides some entertainment :/

Don't bother watching that....The relationship doesn't go anywhere in the end it's basically the same as it started

mdauben
2008-01-17, 11:45
Don't bother watching that....
Only if you can't recongnize real romantic feelings without the sterotypical, weeping, angst, and "first kiss" found in most anime. :rolleyes:
In actual fact, Jinto and Lafield go from strangers to two people who would die for each other, and who want to spend the rest of their lives together, by the end of the series. Hardly a relationship that "doesn't go anywhere in the end it's basically the same as it started" :p
I actually consier Crest/Banner to be one of the best "romance" anime I have watched, with a lot more depth than the typical story.

Shikimori Kazuki
2008-01-17, 11:55
I don't think Crest/Banner would have that much of a Comedy but rather Drama/Romance. I somewhat cried in Banner of the Stars II when: Jinto was forced to be left behind in the planet for a certain time

foux
2008-01-17, 15:58
oh please ...Didn't you read the ending? "what happened with them in the future". Would have atleast said they hook up but noo, they just worked together again, like it started. No point arguing over that, so dissapointing.

FatPianoBoy
2008-01-17, 16:17
oh please ...Didn't you read the ending? "what happened with them in the future". Would have atleast said they hook up but noo, they just worked together again, like it started. No point arguing over that, so dissapointing.
Well, for one thing, Crest of the Stars wasn't the end of the story. It's less than half of the current story, which is less than halfway finished.
Also, believable relationship pacing ftw.

foux
2008-01-17, 18:38
Crest of the stars (13 eps) -> banner of the stars (13 eps) -> banner of the stars II (10 eps)-> banner of the stars III (2 ep ova)

I was talking about all of them :P. Not just the Crest of the stars. And i was talking about the final episode of banner of the stars III

Phantasmagoria
2008-01-17, 18:48
Lol, I think he's talking about 2, and you're talking about 3.
Different thoughts equal different perceptions, and that's what happening to the two of you :P

mdauben
2008-01-18, 10:33
No point arguing over that
You are quite wrong about the Jinto x Lafiel, but you are right there. Their releatiohship is quite subtly handled, and if you don't "get" it you don't. ;)

Twisted Reality
2008-01-18, 18:07
Oh man, what was that one romantic alien comedy by Rumiko Takahashi? You know, the one where the lead character is accidentally betrothed to some alien princess?

That.

But I just can't remember its name.

Preferably i want the Alien to be the girl but aether way is fine.
Are you insane?! Of course, it's a girl alien. It's classic. Kirk made love to little green women alright? Star Wars has a blue women. Mass Effect has alien lesbian sex.

It wouldn't be exotic at all if it were the guy, now would it?
You are quite wrong about the Jinto x Lafiel, but you are right there. Their releatiohship is quite subtly handled, and if you don't "get" it you don't. ;)
Okay look, Imperial Princesses of a race of snobby space elves just don't put out after the third date. There are things like decorum to worry about.

I know, I know, you're thinking "it's not worth the trouble!" Well hang in there. When you're like 90 or something, she'll still look like a nubile 25-year old swimsuit model.

Frans
2008-01-19, 07:47

The examples include Please Teacher and The World of Narue.. so I think Ufo Princess Valkyrie is alien enough.

Oh man, what was that one romantic alien comedy by Rumiko Takahashi? You know, the one where the lead character is accidentally betrothed to some alien princess?

Maybe It's Urusei Yatsura? the one with alien girl wearing tiger skin bikini? It's already suggested by Ellestar. Very old anime though.