PDA

View Full Version : Zoro's lovelife (i hope not)

Ruu
2004-02-03, 06:12
Hey, minna san!! I want you to answer my question:
If Kuina is still alive, will she somehow become Zoro's love interest?? Or who do you think will be???
I'm always curious with this, so please tell me? What do you think??
Besides, isn't there any1 here who's a girl?? :frustrated:

Mr. Bushido
2004-02-03, 12:01
Hey, minna san!! I want you to answer my question:
If Kuina is still alive, will she somehow become Zoro's love interest?? Or who do you think will be???
I'm always curious with this, so please tell me? What do you think??
Besides, isn't there any1 here who's a girl?? :frustrated:

there was this one grl named Esther that i dated other than that.... oh u mean the other zoro

who knows? Kuina's dead.... but he has a hard time attacking the marine grl (forgot name) Lot of ppl at KF thinks Zoro and Robin has some chemistry.... but i never did like their ideas. (lol) Zoro isnt the type to worry about relationships.

A Lamer
2004-02-03, 16:38
Zoro isnt the type to worry about relationships.
I dunno, he DID get rather pissed when sanji swooped in after the lobster in the oceans naval special ;)

But I agree, he seems much more focused on his goals than himself in general, so it is probably going to be difficult for anyone to grab his heart. Though not impossible.

Vicious
2004-02-03, 16:45
Kuina was his friend, even if she turned out to be alive, she'd not stick out with Zoro (cause if she did, it would suck). Zoro saw Kuina as a best friend and a rival, not as a girl he likes.

Remember, this is a Shonen, not a Shoujo ;)

Mr. Bushido
2004-02-03, 23:51
imagine having sex with a grl whom u wanted to beat the shit out of.... but was never able to.

hobobaggins
2004-02-04, 00:28
imagine having sex with a grl whom u wanted to beat the shit out of.... but was never able to.

rofl. that would suck.

but he would be able to now, because the girl wouldnt have the build, and she was older than him.

Lst2touchdasky
2004-02-04, 22:51
Didnt she die by falling down the stairs? how uncool...

Ruu
2004-02-06, 05:24
Yeah, but it wastragic. Zoro even cried, ne? Oh yeah, this is shonen. Thanks Vicious-san!
Btw, who do u guys like best? Kuina or Tashigi??

eLstar
2004-02-07, 20:32
Didnt she die by falling down the stairs? how uncool...
At least it was a change from the usual tragic deaths. Also I don't really like either Kuina or Tashigi. Why? they're not in the story much and Zoro could own both of them at this point.

monir
2004-02-07, 21:11
there was this one grl named Esther that i dated other than that.... hehe.. I am just minding my business as usual, when this interesting title of this thread is sticking out of its place and drags me in here. Now I know about Esther.:D What about that other girl which is the assistant of smoker? I can see One Piece's Zoro or this zoro gets attracted by the magnetism of that clumsy girl.:heh: Say zoro, how refined is your skill with the three swords? I was always curious.:D

Mr. Bushido
2004-02-09, 01:12
hehe.. I am just minding my business as usual, when this interesting title of this thread is sticking out of its place and drags me in here. Now I know about Esther.:D What about that other girl which is the assistant of smoker? I can see One Piece's Zoro or this zoro gets attracted by the magnetism of that clumsy girl.:heh: Say zoro, how refined is your skill with the three swords? I was always curious.:D

esther and i never got along lol.

i dont like clumsiness... lol, but i like that "spirit" (independence, strength) Kuina and Tashigi has... lol

my skills with 3 swords?? Look at my sig man.... u think Zoro from One Piece got his name and style from thin air?

Namisan
2004-06-10, 17:49
:eyebrow: I really wonder if zoro will find a chick that he would actually like not even metion love. I don't think he could fall in love with Tashigi. I don't think he'll fall in love with Nico Robin either.

hi no ken Jebus
2004-06-11, 09:09
didnt zoro express his feelings about robin when she joined? i remember him saying something along the lines of i dont know your purpose but i dont trust you. and it would suck to have zoro of all people start romance in one piece. and i agree with whoever said it but tashigi and kuina were both annoying. but the way these things work it'll end up being tashigi since she resembles kuina so much.

Ryota
2004-06-11, 10:08
I dunno, he DID get rather pissed when sanji swooped in after the lobster in the oceans naval special ;)

But I agree, he seems much more focused on his goals than himself in general, so it is probably going to be difficult for anyone to grab his heart. Though not impossible.He's doing this because he promised it to Kuina right (being the #1 swordsman)? I'm sure he had feelings for her, but indeed, just good friends feelings, not love feelings (bit young for that at that time :p)

Because he had such a "strong" relationship with Kuina, that's why he shocked when he saw Tashigi. I'm sure he misses Kuina as long as he has her katana. Maybe he'll say goodbye to Kuina/the katana when he has become the #1 swordsman. :)

(I don't know if i got the names right, and i haven't read the manga, only saw the anime)

El Diablo
2004-06-11, 11:46
Sorry to disappoint, but Oda himself has said that he doesn't plan on bringing any real romance to the story.

bobofet
2004-06-11, 18:30
....we dont do love on foxbox ---4kids rep

...i just had to do it, sorry.

Namu-chan
2004-12-12, 14:55
Feh! Forget Kuina or Tashigi. If Zoro was interested in anyone it wouldn't be a woman. He doesn't like or trust women, ever since Kuina died. If he was to like anyone at all, it'd be Sanji. I could tell you right now that Zoro is about as straight as a circle.

Chidori Rasengan
2004-12-12, 16:09
i think...
no love life at all
just training all the freetime
and training and fights when he doesnt have any freetime eccept from dinner, beer-time and when he is speeping (most of the time).
just to be the no1 swordman and nothing else

UserName
2004-12-12, 16:26
didnt zoro express his feelings about robin when she joined? i remember him saying something along the lines of i dont know your purpose but i dont trust you. and it would suck to have zoro of all people start romance in one piece. and i agree with whoever said it but tashigi and kuina were both annoying. but the way these things work it'll end up being tashigi since she resembles kuina so much.
And the fact that Robin is 9 years older than Zoro is also a reason why Zoro would not have any romance with her... I hope...

But no. Romance in One Piece would be quite annoying.

sOnJoOL
2004-12-12, 18:10
yea.
in the SBS corner.
it goes something like this

Reader: Hello Oda sensei, how come there is no love in One Piece?
Oda: there is love..... love for adventure <- good one.

so basically no romance
and the naval lobster thing is a filler. so it doesnt mean much.

RedEyes
2004-12-12, 19:38
If they have romance in it, it would turn out goofy.
I can see it now:

Nami: Luffy... I have feelings for y...
Luffy: MEAT, I NEED MEAT, oi Nami did you say something
Nami: You dumbass! go rot in hell
*Whacks Luffy with her Clima Tact

aznxjapboiz
2006-02-04, 18:35
well some people think its nami but i dont think so they just mess around alot because they were like the first 2 members to join the crew so they go way back and known eachother the longest, to me it looks like robin is trying to get closer with zorro but she apporaches him differently than other maybe because hes different or maybe its because she likes him we never know

Aya-chan
2006-03-13, 12:59
Kuina was his friend, even if she turned out to be alive, she'd not stick out with Zoro (cause if she did, it would suck). Zoro saw Kuina as a best friend and a rival, not as a girl he likes.

Remember, this is a Shonen, not a Shoujo ;)
Im a girl and I like Shonen better than Shoujo........

fieryshadowcard
2006-03-18, 00:39
I don't know. Though there's very little basis, I like the idea of Zoro and Robin. It's a very interesting idea, actually.

I honestly can't help but think that Robin was making it her business to warm up to Zoro. Now, I'm not going to jump to the conclusion "Oh! She was being really friendly with him! Omg! Luv!" but I also don't think she'd be that persistent in continually talking with someone who had earlier shown great distrust of her, especially considering the nature of her past endeavors with other pirates and organizations. So, I opted for the "There's something about Zoro's past that she may know" alternative.

For me, the interactions between Zoro and Robin are drastically different from those between Zoro and anyone else. Zoro and Sanji are always at competitive odds with each other. Zoro is usually just annoyed by the amount of trouble Luffy causes him. Zoro is kind of a big brother to Chopper (KIND of), and the conversations between him and Usopp are generally brief. Any time he talks with Nami, it's a headache for him. But he's surprisingly calm during any moment he's talking with Robin, and she's surprisingly open during any moment she's talking with him (she's generally much more reserved, talking over the current page of an open book to anyone else).

Regardless of whether or not Oda will expand on anything, the foundation for a possible and highly natural chemistry does exist between these two, and it's surprisingly un-lovey dovey as opposed to other pairings, which is why it intrigues me. Kinda like Shikamaru/Temari in Naruto, but that's a different story and a different series altogether.

I wouldn't be upset to see it, or allusions to it. Age ain't nothing but a number (especially in Japan), for those naysayers basing it on the difference in years between the two. And though Oda has suggested the likelihood of no pairings in One Piece, he also said it in a cryptic manner. He can add whatever he wants to his own series. Who says love interests are for shoujo manga only? One Piece has always surprised me before; it can do it again. Don't put words in his mouth unless he out-and-out says something. ^_^

Besides, it's not like she's going to make him an obento or he's going to get her something for White Day or anything. I wouldn't mind seeing a more mature relationship, that isn't full of fanservice gags like blushing during awkward moments or a the guy protecting the girl and her falling head-over-heels for him or the girl standing in a way that makes the guy say something pseudo-poetic or anything like that. Can't she have just saw him and realized she knows what she wants without going "Zoro-kun! Zoro-kun!" all over the place?

And there's a great difference between "liking" and "loving". We're a long way from seeing those two get a room, but I wouldn't mind them getting closer. Usopp and Chopper chill, Sanji's all over Nami. Luffy's everywhere and the kitchen at the exact same time. I'd like to see more witty dialogue between Robin and Zoro, with the possible suggestion that he's lowering his defenses to her, which he has been doing for some time now, at least on a nakama level.

Can I help it if this pairing fascinates me? I don't normally jump for pairings in series, but Shika/Tema was just too good to pass up, and this one has potential, too.

Chuixupu
2006-03-18, 02:34
A lot of people have a fascination with a certain pairing, or several. I think that's fine - I do too. The thing is just that people need to respect that everyone has a different opinion, and other people may just totally not see what you see between two characters.
As for Robin and Zoro, I can see it being possible. They seem to be on the same level most of the time. I like their banter in Skypiea. They're the two most mature and least emotional members of the crew. That can pose problems in a relationship, but I don't think Robin really wants to emotionally distant, like Zoro does, she was forced to be.