PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Fourth Stage

Soten
2003-11-29, 07:01
Has anyone found any official info about 4th stage?

According to animefantasia.com its supposed to air February 2004. I can't help but be skeptical.

Tabiree
2003-11-29, 08:27
Given Initial D's popularity, we would of more than likely heard more about this. So just chalk it up to loose rumours

Kamui4356
2003-11-29, 18:07
As far as I know 4th stage is merely a rumor. As much as I would like to see more initial d animated, I'm very skeptical about any talk about more. Whenever an anime stops well short of the manga, there will be rumors like this.

Oneesama
2003-12-01, 07:30
i couldn't mine at all if ID 4 is coming.... I love this series..... ^^

arh~ takumi~takumi~

Iron Monkey
2003-12-01, 18:19
February 4th eh? Hmm, I'm gonna be skeptical about this until it's confirmed. I mean, there have been so many rumours about the 4th stage already. You'd think with a show this popular, they would be trying to milk it more by releasing more eps. But ah well, we can hope, can't we?

Jinx626
2003-12-16, 20:41
I can't read Japanese but it looks like April...4th stage confirmed here http://www.obkikaku.com/news01.html

Alfzilla
2003-12-16, 22:13
OB Kikaku has announced some new details about Initial D - Fourth Stage. As with previous seasons, Fourth Stage will feature racing scenes made entirely with computer graphics, however more advanced cell-shading is to be used to make the CG scenes a bit less conspicuous beside the traditional animation.

Fourth Stage will premiere on Sky Perfect TV Animax pay-per-view in April. A special 85-minute recap episode will be aired.

From http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

hunterx
2003-12-16, 22:40
I heard it was live action?

Alfzilla
2003-12-16, 22:51
I heard it was live action?

Thats the live action movie there making. The movie is not the 4th stage.

Kamui4356
2003-12-17, 01:12
Seems like there is in fact a 4th stage. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4443
Now that it's been confirmed, I can't wait, ID is my 2nd favorite anime. Now I just need to find out how many episodes so I'll have some idea of how much it'll cover.

Jinx626
2003-12-17, 01:17
@hunterx

There is also a live action movie. Jay Chou/Chow is supposedly playing the lead role of Takumi expect this in theatres in Asia around next summer. The movie is not the 4th stage. Can't wait to see Project D in action in the 4th stage anime!!!

Esca
2003-12-22, 03:27
This is kind of off topic but...

Is this the order to watch Initial D?

1st Stage
2nd Stage
Extra Stage
3rd Stage
Battle Stage

Alfzilla
2003-12-22, 11:32
This is kind of off topic but...

Is this the order to watch Initial D?

1st Stage
2nd Stage
Extra Stage
3rd Stage
Battle Stage

Yea thats pretty much it.

jazz
2003-12-23, 21:48
what is the battle stage?
i believe i only saw
first
second
extra
and 3d stage (which was the movie)

what's battle stage about?

Kamui4356
2003-12-23, 22:23
what is the battle stage?
i believe i only saw
first
second
extra
and 3d stage (which was the movie)

what's battle stage about?
Battle stage is just all the races without the story. The only reason to watch it is they show one race that wasn't in the anime. Keisuke vs the evo guy Takumi beat.

Eiji
2003-12-24, 11:06
I have all the Iniitial D Series from 1st Stage to 2nd, 3rd battle extra Stage, and I was told that initial D 4th stage will be on it's way to a anime near you. Spring or summer we hope to release it. Look for it. Also Buy the Game as well. Very good and fun game with good high tone music.

azn_senzazn
2003-12-26, 01:39
http://www.initial-d.com/forum/search.php?searchid=14244

first post haha and it's a link

CowPower
2003-12-27, 12:46
yay, time to get ready for more dorfito and trashy euro techno/dance music.

Bring on the Ver 5 WRX STI and R34 ;)

saiyajinimports
2004-01-07, 03:08
i was wondering if anyone knows were to get the new Initial D that is out in japan right now..... i just found out that it was released in japan on the 27th of dec. and is being aired on pay-per-view over there.....so if anyone has any info that would be super cool.

envs14drifter
2004-01-08, 01:01
i was wondering if anyone knows were to get the new Initial D that is out in japan right now..... i just found out that it was released in japan on the 27th of dec. and is being aired on pay-per-view over there.....so if anyone has any info that would be super cool.

where did u hear this rumor cuz if its true then i would try and pre-order it at mitsuwa.

also "SAIYAJINIMPORTS" sounds familiar too.....u from the hip area..... n do u know allen by any chance???

Dragon Flame
2004-01-14, 10:21
i ran a search on this forum, didnt find anything about Initial D 4th Stage, i checked Animenewsnetwork.com, they have it listed as a TV series, i went to check the info, and found nothing about it, so im assuming that this series is due out soon.. or... was going to come out on TV in Japan but was cut before it did, or ann was just plain wrong in having it there, i asked here even tho Initial d 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage is licensed but if there is a 4th stage, it obviously isnt, cuz its not out or what?.. like i said, im confused...

Threads merged by Mod (NightWish)

vio5555
2004-01-14, 11:13
i ran a search on this forum, didnt find anything about Initial D 4th Stage, i checked Animenewsnetwork.com, they have it listed as a TV series, i went to check the info, and found nothing about it, so im assuming that this series is due out soon.. or... was going to come out on TV in Japan but was cut before it did, or ann was just plain wrong in having it there, i asked here even tho Initial d 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage is licensed but if there is a 4th stage, it obviously isnt, cuz its not out or what?.. like i said, im confused...

just relax, its going to come out in april probably so theres still 3 months to go, but yes the 4th stage will be coming out in japan, so dont worry

dragonz20
2004-01-14, 11:20
and thus coming to animesuki.. bwhahahahahaah!!!! :)

Doddler
2004-01-14, 11:54
I think cases where its stupidly obvious that someone has the rights to it but has not actually made a public announcement should still be counted as licensed...

Dragon Flame
2004-01-14, 15:02
no one counts PoT as licensed... but its pretty much a given that FUNimation has it.. considering the owned, or still own princeoftennis.com...

on a side note HELL YEA!!! I CANT WAIT FOR 4th STAGE... im frekain hooked, just went out and "bought" the other stages.. *ahem*

stormy001_M1A2
2004-01-14, 15:31
I still can't see the appeal of car racing. I mean it just cars

Dragon Flame
2004-01-14, 15:35
you gotta watch the show... its nothing but cliffhanger after cliff hanger, its so awesome.. the show is just bad-ass, plus i love cars myself.. and tend to drive fast... watch Initial D, you wont regret it, at all, it really really good..

Yaoi_Pocky
2004-01-14, 16:11
I think cases where its stupidly obvious that someone has the rights to it but has not actually made a public announcement should still be counted as licensed...

Well, Initial D Battle Stage is available on Animesuki, so...

(Yeah, I know that's pretty much a glorified recap episode, so maybe Tokyopoopsmith isn't interested in licensing it...although personally I think it makes an appropriate extra to the 3rd Stage movie ^^;; )

daliinn
2004-01-14, 19:37
it looks pretty stupid......plus the animation looks pretty lame

tanuki
2004-01-14, 20:06

The situation related to whether Hikaru no Go (anime not the manga) was licensed disproves that theory.

Iron Monkey
2004-01-14, 22:19

That may be to you, but you can't deny the fact that it's insanely popular. Me, I've been waiting for the 4th stage for about 2 years now. Besides, it's choreographed by the Drift King himself! How can u NOT like that?

Kamui4356
2004-01-15, 03:29
The animation does suck, but the series is great if you can get past that. It's my second favorite anime. I'm actually buying it on dvd. I just wish tokyopop would stop putting that "tricked out" version on the dvds and put more episodes of the original version per disk. Does anyone know of another anime that wastes space on dvds by putting two versions of the same episode on one dvd? Most companies seem to sell editted versions on seperate dvds, not put both versions on one.

Tommy
2004-01-15, 05:52
Even if you don't like cars its a really good anime. But if you love cars then this series is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously it rocks and the animation really isn't that bad, and I think its cool that the races are computer animated. The computer animation should be pretty good for the fourth stage.

However there is a downside to this show, (well not the actual show) because it centers around cars drifting and has become very popular among car entusiasts and ricers, take your pick. A lot of these fricken moron kids who think they can drift try it on the streets putting people in danger :nono: and bringing bad media upon the import crowd. Very sad.

But other then that I love Initial D.

Dragon Flame
2004-01-15, 09:21
shit, tell me about it, drifting is not something any jackass on the street can do... i tried it awhile back and almost had bad bad bad results... you really need to practice that in an empty parking lot or something before u try it on the street...

i thouhg the animation was good, i like all cartoons, i dont care if its not all flashy and mind blowing, people who only like animation like that, dont know what they're missing with other shows

Aberu
2004-01-19, 12:54
I still can't see the appeal of car racing. I mean it just cars

Well that's another typical internet thing to say. Another reason why I stay out of forums most of the time. I mean you can apply that statement to anything. Let's try it out.

"I can't see the appeal of go. I mean, it's just a board game."

or

"I can't see the appeal of boxing. I mean, it's just people wearing boxing gloves smashing each other."

or even

"I can't see the appeal of basketball. I mean, it's just a ball."

The last one is more like your statement was, but you need to realize you are 1 out of a 100 million who would say a statement like this and truly mean it, if you did. Just because you don't like car racing, and can't understand or appreciate all of the intricacies involved with it (I don't like Nascar but at least I know why it's popular), doesn't mean you have to ruin the fun for others hehe.

Alfzilla
2004-01-19, 19:20
What i alwase liked about Initial D is that no matter how bad the animation looked it alwase somehow fit the show perfectly. And the racing animation never looked that bad it alwase looked reall nice especially after the first stage.

vio5555
2004-01-19, 19:32
Yeah, another really good thing about Initial D was that the soundtrack was amazing and meshed incredibly well with the animation, which really got me into the whole mood of it in a spinetingling way. It really does represent one of the best uses of a soundtrack in an anime.

Zor
2004-02-01, 11:51
I heard that the next installment of Initial D is this March 2004.
Is this correct?? :)

Can't wait. I heard that they are going to use latest CG technology to simulate the cars. So my guess is that the cars on show will look better than the ones we see in previous series.

ElvenPath
2004-02-01, 15:38
There's already an existing Intial D: 4th Stage thread, I'm sure you'll find the answer to your question there (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1775).

Thread closed

Evan
2004-02-01, 18:02
Does the trueno86 engine really exist in real life? :confused:

Hisoka44
2004-02-01, 20:00
Does the trueno86 engine really exist in real life? :confused:

First of all, i really hate this forum and find it to be filled with morons and i didn't want a account but i registered just to post this post.

Initial D is a very very good anime, one of my top 3. Very good soundtrack, very exciting. As a roadracer it filles my blood with gasoline and makes me want to go out and race right away ^_^

Toyota Trueno GT(AE86) is a very real car, it is often called outside asia as Toyota Corolla GT(Trueno, Levin, Sprinter). It isn't in production anymore, it stoped along time ago.

The R1 engine is also real, though it doesn't have a name because it isn't supposed to have one in the series.

P.S. Excuse me for poor english ^_^.

Zor
2004-02-01, 21:06
I like the CG cars :)

Initial D Stage Four cars will look like the planes drawn in Last Exile. Probably better. OOOOoooohhh can't wait :)

Where do u all think the series will begin its story from? will it be a continuation from stage 3? or entirely new story

CowPower
2004-02-01, 23:52
First of all, i really hate this forum and find it to be filled with morons and i didn't want a account but i registered just to post this post.

Initial D is a very very good anime, one of my top 3. Very good soundtrack, very exciting. As a roadracer it filles my blood with gasoline and makes me want to go out and race right away ^_^

Toyota Trueno GT(AE86) is a very real car, it is often called outside asia as Toyota Corolla GT(Trueno, Levin, Sprinter). It isn't in production anymore, it stoped along time ago.

The R1 engine is also real, though it doesn't have a name because it isn't supposed to have one in the series.

P.S. Excuse me for poor english ^_^.

The R1 Engines does exiest in real life. It was use and developed exclusively for use in the Atlantic Formula Group 1 series. The engine itself is pretty much a highly modified Toyota 4AGE seen in many versions of the Corolla, although in the Atlantinc Formula version hardly anything from the original is still there. The engine has seen action from everything from AW111 MR2 (pre-SW20) to AE92 Corolla and even beyond.

And I love Initial D...... I'm not an Initial D Fanboy :) (http://members.iinet.net.au/~dong/rx7-4.jpg)

Thelastguardian
2004-02-02, 00:05
Who have the gut to drive 140km/h down a two lane wide mountain cliff road with a 12 years old car (admit it) :| .

To drive/drift that fast on an anti-racing road condition (meaning very rough + fill with rocks/dusts etc) with normal car is madness. At the very least is to tune your suspension so that your car won't 'float' away (not a present feeling, feels like you are weightless). But even then tuning your suspension is like dumping a bucket of water into a forest fire. You need to

1. strengthen car frame with ultra-strong material such as carbon fiber (really really serious)
2. make the car heavier
3. etc etc etc

A normal everyday car CAN NOT do those kind of drift, no matter what you say :| .

PS. All the courses in IT exists in Japan, just with different town name. Even the gutter in Akina exists :p

Alfzilla
2004-02-02, 00:08
I like the CG cars :)

Initial D Stage Four cars will look like the planes drawn in Last Exile. Probably better. OOOOoooohhh can't wait :)

Where do u all think the series will begin its story from? will it be a continuation from stage 3? or entirely new story

My guess is it will keep on going from where the 3rd stage endid cus it will just be following the rest of the manga.

Poueblo
2004-02-02, 21:47
sorry to be just as vague as everyone else, but its gonna be aired in april. No subbers have announced hey will sub it. There will be a viewing of the first show at a theatre

yay, i found the source:

" The official site OB Plannning has announced that Initial D Fourth Stage will be aired in April 2004, on Sky PerfectTV's ANIMAX. For more information go here - LINK "

and site is: http://www.active-x.net/~initialdx/index2.php , a reputable information source, and the link to the new stage is here: http://www.obkikaku.com/news01.html ive also seen some pics of the cars they used to get the sound effects for stage 4. so yes, its in the making.

Kero Gunsou
2004-02-03, 00:52
The R1 Engines does exiest in real life. It was use and developed exclusively for use in the Atlantic Formula Group 1 series. The engine itself is pretty much a highly modified Toyota 4AGE seen in many versions of the Corolla, although in the Atlantinc Formula version hardly anything from the original is still there. The engine has seen action from everything from AW111 MR2 (pre-SW20) to AE92 Corolla and even beyond.

Er....actually that engine in Takumi's AE86 is more closely related to AE101/110 20V 4AG or maybe even Toyota TRD Group A spec 4AG(never confirmed in the manga). The only difference is it got all the modified parts and tune-up that allow it to rev up to 11,000 rpm(redline) with a peak hp of 200~240(again speculation). Even Takahashi Ryosuke said it in the manga that it's an engine that you can't easily obtain even if you have the money. But I guess you can say the same about that Atlantic Formula engine. :)

SigmaProjects
2004-02-05, 23:16
Who have the gut to drive 140km/h down a two lane wide mountain cliff road with a 12 years old car (admit it) :| .

To drive/drift that fast on an anti-racing road condition (meaning very rough + fill with rocks/dusts etc) with normal car is madness. At the very least is to tune your suspension so that your car won't 'float' away (not a present feeling, feels like you are weightless). But even then tuning your suspension is like dumping a bucket of water into a forest fire. You need to

1. strengthen car frame with ultra-strong material such as carbon fiber (really really serious)
2. make the car heavier
3. etc etc etc

A normal everyday car CAN NOT do those kind of drift, no matter what you say :| .

PS. All the courses in IT exists in Japan, just with different town name. Even the gutter in Akina exists :p

Well since I've gotten more sence into myself I'm glad I haven't had the chance to do drifts on a tight mountain road. But before when I was stupid I did drifts on the streets, even in broad day light with moderate traffic. But I do know some people who do drifts on mountain roads and it's not about how much guts they have it's how little brains they have :P

Dikarika
2004-02-08, 20:40
In my youth (i don't have a proper car to do it except on dirt roads now...), I used to drift the heck out of any road i could... Snow, rain, dry, dirt, stone, you name it...

The magical drifting car used?:

A 1979 ford Fairmount...

its a crappy little 4-banger american car with a ton of weight.

Get that load shift going, and keep the revs up, and you could hella-drift it.

I wish i hadn't killed it (busted radiator and more due to "stone damage" from my dirt track rallies late at night...), because now i see just jow far along i was thanks to the drift bible i've seen recently.

I never did side (handbrake) drift, but i've done braking, power over, shift lock and feint drifts...

I thought i was just some nut in south Pennsylvania, here i was learning drift to the extreme...

unforunately the Chevy Metro i replaced it with is such a drift dud...

not impossible, just a dud ;)

oh, BTW: I'm not saying i was initial D level, but still a drift kid... :)

Hellraiser
2004-02-12, 17:13
does anyone know when initial d stage 4 is gonna start?

ElvenPath
2004-02-12, 17:20
Initial D Fourth Stage is scheduled to start airing in April.

Note: merged with the existing Initial D Fourth Stage thread.

DarkPaladin56
2004-02-17, 22:42
I heard rumors that it should be our in February O.o
Can neone shine some light on this please? O_O

Keitaro
2004-02-18, 00:53
Well I heard it will air in Japan next April 04

"The premiere will be on Sky Perfect TV Animax pay-per-view in April. A special 85-minute recap episode will be aired as well.

As for the previous seasons, the fourth stage will feature racing scenes made entirely with computer graphics, but more advanced cell-shading!! The CG will be more spectacular than the traditional animation." - from Anything-Asian Network

Simon_lee
2004-02-20, 02:03
also is it goin to be on animesuki?

ElvenPath
2004-02-20, 07:08
You'll find your answer in this thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7624).

Thread closed

noibauten
2004-03-03, 14:23
Is there gonna be a 4th stage for Initial D ? Anyone heard news about it ?

:help:

ZeroKun
2004-03-03, 14:27
you bet your ass its coming out. I dont know the details but i think its set for this year and 13 eps.

noibauten
2004-03-03, 14:38
Excellent , you made my day :)

Does someone knows more details about it ?

TangentZ
2004-03-03, 14:44
My guess is it will pick up right after 3rd Stage, so it'll begin with Project-D right away (middle of Vol. 17). With 13 eps, I hope it'll cover up to (middle of) Vol. 25. :p

ElvenPath
2004-03-03, 16:35
You would have found your answer in this thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7624).
Please use the search function (http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php?) next time before asking a question :)

Thread closed

[VTi]
2004-03-06, 07:39
Anyone subbed this? is the torrent out anywhere?

suppose to be some preview for part 4 right... 85minutes...

cant wait!

Forklift
2004-03-07, 02:39
']Anyone subbed this? is the torrent out anywhere?

suppose to be some preview for part 4 right... 85minutes...

cant wait!

are you saying theres another Intial D other than the regular series? I have stages 1 2 and 3 as well as battle stage, and whatever else I could find. I also dvd dubbed episodes 1-6 myself and have em on the computer. What do you need? holla at me telling me whats up. blazzerr43 on AIM or blazer43@charter.net

[VTi]
2004-03-07, 06:56
<links to bootlegs not allowed>

just some preview with some interviews before part 4...

got the torrent but the sub is in chinese :help:

supremebeing13
2004-03-07, 15:46
Hmm.. initial D .. battle stage? I thought battle stage was the third stage, the movie in other words. If not.. whats this battle stage about? worth downloading? What cars are possibly left to race? Lambo's?,lol.. No, seriously i love initial D, whats this battle stage about?

Night
2004-03-07, 21:08
so..... what was in that preview and interview :)

ZeroKun
2004-03-08, 08:20
Battle stage goes over the previous 2 (3? i havent finished watching it since i just finished stage 2) stages with new car cg models and new music. Its quite worth the download.

Alfzilla
2004-03-08, 13:16
There is
Stage 1 : Season 1
Stage 2 : Season 2
Stage 3 : The movie
Extra Stage : A tv special
Battle Stage : A Special that just goes over most of the races from the first 2 (myabe first 3) Stages
And a Stage 4 is coming out soon that is suppose to be hyped up by some big preview that [VTi] was talking about that aired a very short time ago.

Plus a live action movie that is being made but the plot line is not directly connected to the Anime.

Tommy_Kaira
2004-04-13, 07:26
sorry I'm new here.

The first 2 episodes are coming out this Saturday.
my question is will Initial D 4th stage be available to download here since Tokyopop bought the copyright to the anime series in the US?

thanks.

hobobaggins
2004-04-13, 13:13
*YOINK!*

unless they bought it...

tokyopop does anime? i thought they only trafficed in manga... :dots:

unless someone obtained the license to the 4th season, it will still be available to download. the 3rd battle stage is still up on animesuki's series page.

ShinDragon
2004-04-13, 15:54
Hm.....Initial D - Battle Stage isn't the 3rd Stage.

Battle Stage it's just a collection of the best racing scenes throughout "1st Stage + 2nd Stage + Movie (the 3rd Stage)".

LynnieS
2004-04-13, 19:47
*YOINK!*

unless they bought it...

tokyopop does anime? i thought they only trafficed in manga... :dots:

:topicoff:

Yes, TkP puts out anime like "Initial D" (only 1st and 2nd Stages, though?). Take a look on their website, and although the books section is huge, there's a small anime section as well.

ZhouYu
2004-04-14, 05:28
the air dates on the website... thats 14 eps spanned over 1 year? 2 eps each month?

bluemist
2004-04-14, 05:37
Two eps each two months.

ZhouYu
2004-04-14, 09:30
opps yeah i meant 2 eps every 2 months...

Strider_Lee
2004-04-14, 23:39

2. make the car heavier
3. etc etc etc

Yeah..., but that's why racers practice on the road first or observe/study it before they actually have a race on it. Not only that, but how would you exactly define a "normal" car anyway? A friend of mine from Japan used to drive a R32 Skyline back in the day and it was all stock with out any special suspensions on it or anything else, and it was his mom's car. In fact, he said that there were quite a bit of racers who just use stock cars (since they themselves could not afford an actual car themselves, so they would have to borrow their parent's stock car) for racing and that even some of the stock cars would win races against tuned ones just because the one's who drove stock had more skills and experience. Make the car heavier??? Ummm... not a real good idea if you ask me, but it depends on the type of car. Making the car heavier doesn't mean that it will stay on the mountain; in fact, it might just make it that harder to drive on it (ruins the breaks, tires, and suspensions faster with more stress from the weight) when considering how much you have to counterbalance on the turns for it to have any effect. Even Keiichi Tsuchiya (the "Drift King") says that you can do drifts in stock cars (does not suggest it, but even he said that he did it when he first started), but having a tuned one would make it easier and make a drift flow better.

Back to the subject though, I and a lot of people that I know that are on a local performance racing team are in very high hopes for the new stage of Initial D. Heck, there are quite a few Japanese guys and girls out here that were waiting forever for the new stage for a while. Hopefully, we'll see some more different
cars out there (like the Subaru WRX) in action.

rEkKaShInObI
2004-04-15, 01:33
i have the whole initial d series, i wonder what 4th stage is about... i heard takumi races his dad, and that theres gonna be an initial d movie, but its all rumor i supppose.

ShinDragon
2004-04-15, 02:00
i have the whole initial d series, i wonder what 4th stage is about... i heard takumi races his dad, and that theres gonna be an initial d movie, but its all rumor i supppose.

You mean a movie after 4th stage or the live action one?

jazz
2004-04-15, 15:15

the rumor about the movie was that jacky chan was gonna direct it.
andy lau to be bunta
edison chen to be takumi

but other rumors said that boa gwon would be in it :S

Tommy_Kaira
2004-04-16, 14:28
the rumor about the movie was that jacky chan was gonna direct it.
andy lau to be bunta
edison chen to be takumi

but other rumors said that boa gwon would be in it :S

I think u r a bit out dated on the news..
The former director of this project is Tsui Hark. He had some disagreement with Media Asia Group a few months ago and he left the project.. Andrew Lau took over as director..
Jay Chou wil play the role of Takumi and Edison Chan will play the role of Ryousuke..
the film will cost US $6million and the filming has already began last month in Japan and China..

That's all I know.. sorry..

rEkKaShInObI
2004-04-16, 23:52

4th stage being a live action movie.

Strider_Lee
2004-04-17, 14:35
4th stage being a live action movie.

The 4th Stage is an upcoming anime. The live action movie is totally different and has no affiliation with the stages.

bobofet
2004-04-17, 14:43
last I heard, this was to premier on April 17th. Just wondering if anyone had the chance to see this yet, and if so, give some feedback on it? big proj D fan here..

Squall69b
2004-04-17, 14:54
Is this season considered licensed?
I understand 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Stage....but Tokyopop doesn't have rights for the 4th Stage, do they?

Evolution
2004-04-17, 16:28
Anybody know any gorup that is planning un subbing the 4th stage?

jazz
2004-04-17, 16:54
I think u r a bit out dated on the news..
The former director of this project is Tsui Hark. He had some disagreement with Media Asia Group a few months ago and he left the project.. Andrew Lau took over as director..
Jay Chou wil play the role of Takumi and Edison Chan will play the role of Ryousuke..
the film will cost US $6million and the filming has already began last month in Japan and China..

That's all I know.. sorry..

damnz
ryousuke is way to cool to be played by edison

RedLink
2004-04-17, 17:08
I have heard that the '5th stage' is going to be a move just like '3th stage' and that there is going to be 7 stages. I don't know if this is true, i have heard it from some friends.

Btw. Anyone know if someone is going to subb Initial D 4th Stage or are they going to include a english translation on the DVD?

mashimaro_boy
2004-04-17, 18:38
Just finished watching the first 2 episodes.

Took some screens:
http://members.fortunecity.com/shindo1/anime/stage4.JPG
http://members.fortunecity.com/shindo1/anime/twindrift.JPG
http://members.fortunecity.com/shindo1/anime/keisuke.JPG

now gotta wait 2 months for new episodes....

Evolution
2004-04-17, 18:52
Just finished watching the first 2 episodes.

Took some screens:
http://members.fortunecity.com/shindo1/anime/stage4.JPG
http://members.fortunecity.com/shindo1/anime/twindrift.JPG
http://members.fortunecity.com/shindo1/anime/keisuke.JPG

now gotta wait 2 months for new episodes....

Did you find some subs or did you watch it raw?

Neji
2004-04-17, 19:15
initial d 4th stage raws can be found here
CENSORED

Edit by Moderator: Please do not post links to raws. It is against our rules.

bobofet
2004-04-17, 21:20
not sure if its licensed or not so i put it here...but it's probably not, not yet anyways.

Anyways i guess I'll answer my own question. Just saw the RAW eps 1-2 and I must say, I am damn impressed. Loved the opening music (dogfight by move), same band as before that did initial D 2nd and third stage i think. The animation quality was beautiful as expected from D

hmm on a side note i didn't how that the female singer of move looked like `that' (see ending). wow ^_^, kiss

lionken07
2004-04-17, 23:28
I saw the WRX (what I drive) in the Opening song, its so cool! I can't wait for it to show up in the anime.

Carrackus
2004-04-18, 00:49
If you guys want to see some real drifting or Canyon Battles (Touge). Best Motoring's Touge Showdown 1-3 and Drift Bible. Both by Keiichi Tsuchiya, Initial D's mechanics Coordinator for the anime and awesome reitred race car driver.

Its great to see a Trueno kick an MR-S's ass.

Ohyeah while i'm here. Does any fansub group want to sub a Toyota AE86 Video from Best Motoring. :topicoff:

bunta
2004-04-18, 01:13
is there gonna be fansubs for initiald 4th stage?!

Gmc
2004-04-18, 02:19
Hmm...I hope this gets subbed by a group, if not, it looks like I'll have to end up buying poorly subbed HK versions, lol.

ReMix
2004-04-18, 02:45
i just watched it, its awesome.

only got to hear one euro beat song :/
still good to see move doing the soundtrack as well.

the animation has improved out of site.

can't wait for a subbed version, i think i only understood about 10% of it :P

neXgenErazn
2004-04-18, 04:51
lolz its pretty cool

ooo is the opening sound track called move - dogfight?
cant wait till it gets subbed :D

ZhouYu
2004-04-18, 05:42
The OP is Blast My Desire by Move

The ED is Lets Go Come On by Manuel

i think....

CaLBeaR
2004-04-18, 05:53
The OP is Blast My Desire by Move

The ED is Lets Go Come On by Manuel

i think....

Blast My Desire by Move is ED
Dogfight is by Move is OP

Anyway, this stage is the greatest so far. CG, illustration, everything has improved so much compared to the last 3 stages. Beautiful!

Evolution
2004-04-18, 07:29
Isnt the opening dogfight and then blast my desire the ending theme

Shift_
2004-04-18, 08:54
The art is good...but I still think the animators are on crack...it's a Pay Per View Show...and they made too many obvioious mistakes.

I noticed little things that pissed me off. The two major ones are...Takumi's car from the Inside looks to have a sunroof, outside...there's none.
the GTR doesn't have it's GTR badges
the FD3S's taillights are supposed to light up as 3 round lights, unless if the JDM lights are diffrent...or they're an older/newer style.
When the Miata flips over, the windshield didn't crack...and I'm surprised his hardtop survived the roll.
Takumi's aftermarket Tach, it's supposed to be red numbers with a red needle...in this one it's green with a green needle...although he could of changed it, it looked the same to me.

There are other small things, but I'll leave that for you guys to find out :)

PS I still love it, it's so great that they made a 4th stage...now I can see it animated once again :D

Excel 2004
2004-04-18, 09:15
I'm not sure if announcing this is compliant to the rules, but my fansub group "A" will be fansubbing this series. If anyone wishes to join me, all positions are open in the classified ads thread.

Carrackus
2004-04-18, 09:34
Yeah the art is really good for the cars. Well it has to be coming from Gainax. Reminds me of how they did Vandred: Second Stage.

Yeah shift i know what you mean abut the differences. I thought the Green Tac was odd also. Overall they did a good job on the cars. I was suprised at the detail of the Roadster emblem on the Miata.

Oh yeah i thought Bunta's WRX was that metallic color not blue??

ZhouYu what anime is that in your pic you posted?

Shift_
2004-04-18, 09:43
Yeah the art is really good for the cars. Well it has to be coming from Gainax. Reminds me of how they did Vandred: Second Stage.

Yeah shift i know what you mean abut the differences. I thought the Green Tac was odd also. Overall they did a good job on the cars. I was suprised at the detail of the Roadster emblem on the Miata.

Oh yeah i thought Bunta's WRX was that metallic color not blue??

ZhouYu what anime is that in your pic you posted?
It's Naruto...how could you not know :shock

Masuki
2004-04-18, 09:55
The art is good...but I still think the animators are on crack...it's a Pay Per View Show...and they made too many obvioious mistakes.

I noticed little things that pissed me off. The two major ones are...Takumi's car from the Inside looks to have a sunroof, outside...there's none.
the GTR doesn't have it's GTR badges
the FD3S's taillights are supposed to light up as 3 round lights, unless if the JDM lights are diffrent...or they're an older/newer style.
When the Miata flips over, the windshield didn't crack...and I'm surprised his hardtop survived the roll.
Takumi's aftermarket Tach, it's supposed to be red numbers with a red needle...in this one it's green with a green needle...although he could of changed it, it looked the same to me.

There are other small things, but I'll leave that for you guys to find out :)

PS I still love it, it's so great that they made a 4th stage...now I can see it animated once again :D

Take a screencap,I don't know what your talking about,it looks fine to me.I think your just confusing the lighting.

That Skyline isn't a GTR,it's a GTS convertable made to look like a GTR.

It doesn't have the 3 round lights because it's a 93 FD

The windshield should have cracked.

Takumi's gauge has green numbers with a red needle,this is because he does have a different gauge.

Meier
2004-04-18, 12:52
A group has released episode 1 (http://anime.mircx.com/download/a370421c64f3442458da6391c469518d71be95e7).. dunno the quality, but I'm downloading it to check it out.

Shift_
2004-04-18, 13:38
Inside the car the AE86 looks to have a sunroof

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/Daemos/IDS4Sun.png

I never knew that Nissan released a GTS Convertable

If you need me to brighten up the image let me know I'll do that, but it's clear as day on my monitor...

Rias
2004-04-18, 15:04
MOVE has been around for ID ever since first stage, they would always appear at the OP/ED anyway. (if they sing the corresponding song)

Shift_
2004-04-18, 15:34
There's already a topic about this in the General Anime section...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7624

Masuki
2004-04-18, 16:45
I see what you mean now,didn't notice it.

I've never heard about a GTS convertable released commercially,but in the Inane manga it said it was a GTS convertable as seen here.

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Vim_Petrol/Initial_D_v18_c202_pg066.png

fuzzielitlpanda
2004-04-18, 17:31
A group has released episode 1 (http://anime.mircx.com/download/a370421c64f3442458da6391c469518d71be95e7).. dunno the quality, but I'm downloading it to check it out.

dont bother its a fake they just made up some lines and call it subbed. ex: "dude i really want to win" "thats tight!!"

AnimeOni
2004-04-18, 17:57
dont bother its a fake they just made up some lines and call it subbed. ex: "dude i really want to win" "thats tight!!"
Definately a fake. If they were an "actual subber", they rank well below AJ.

mashimaro_boy
2004-04-18, 18:02

I've never heard about a GTS convertable released commercially,but in the Inane manga it said it was a GTS convertable as seen here.

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Vim_Petrol/Initial_D_v18_c202_pg066.png

The convertible is a translation mistake, it's supposed to read "modified".

luckme10
2004-04-18, 19:21
Yeah his dad gets a wrx sti and kicks the shit out of "tak"

Evolution
2004-04-18, 20:54
Dont call Takumi by the TP name. Just disgusting

Carrackus
2004-04-18, 21:43
It's Naruto...how could you not know :shock

LoL i'm prolly the only person on this board who has never watched Naruto. I read like one comic strip in shonen at the hospital though....

Kamui4356
2004-04-19, 01:04
Just saw the raws. I have to say the animation is much better than 1st or 2nd stage, but then again that's to be expected. Great episodes, showing 4th stage holds the same quality as the previous Initial D series. The only thing I have complain about is that they didn't show Keisuke's race, mainly because I'm a huge fan of rotary engines and the fd in particular. Can't wait for the next episodes. :D

Tommy
2004-04-19, 01:08
Suprisingly enough this stage hasn't been liscensed yet. And the first subbed episode is out so I guess this thread should be moved to fansubs correct?

chaoz
2004-04-19, 01:09
Weeeee, the first episode just got released. Hope the quality of the drawings got better now.

Kamui4356
2004-04-19, 01:27
Weeeee, the first episode just got released. Hope the quality of the drawings got better now.
Well that depends on what you mean. It's the same style, since that is the way the manga is drawn, but the cgi is a lot better as is the animation.

Tommy
2004-04-19, 01:58
Why was the torent taken down? Was it the fansub that had the bad subs?

NoSanninWa
2004-04-19, 02:28
It was taken down because it isn't a legitimate translation. It is a parody.

Shift_
2004-04-19, 08:54

Ah, so it's not a convertable, but a GTS that was modified to look like a GTR. I can't speak japanese so I only picked up of MAYBE 25% of what they were saying, I heard GTR and was like..."hmmmmmm.......because of how they'd be going on already, these guys underestimate Project D. But driving a GTR down a road like that is stupid, it's a fucking heavy tank (IMO) and having AWD isn't the best thing to have (although some people say it is)" Then when you told me it was a GTS, it made ALOT more sence to me, the GTS weighs like 400 lbs less than the GTR, is a FR, and has better weight balance.

hobobaggins
2004-04-19, 13:14
LoL i'm prolly the only person on this board who has never watched Naruto. I read like one comic strip in shonen at the hospital though....
err... ... ... some person here didnt know naruto?? *shock*
It was taken down because it isn't a legitimate translation. It is a parody.

dammit!

ugh. more waiting. i am suprised someone hasnt jumped on this yet.

Shift_
2004-04-19, 13:39
There's alot of unique termonolgy in Initial D espically with car parts and so forth. Many people who don't know anything about cars might not beable to translate properly even if Japanese is their primary language...

But I agree I'm confused why no one else has subbed this ep.

Yoshi31
2004-04-19, 13:47
man those subs sucked! made me get pissed i had to put a paper and cover them and watch it raw cuz it was like "its like a hoe to cry isnt it" and everyone was a "ricer" and "stickers to add 10hp" thats all bs to me so yeah i hope a group does a good translation. i can wait till then.

theheckwithyou
2004-04-19, 14:22
Take a screencap,I don't know what your talking about,it looks fine to me.I think your just confusing the lighting.

That Skyline isn't a GTR,it's a GTS convertable made to look like a GTR.

It doesn't have the 3 round lights because it's a 93 FD

The windshield should have cracked.

Takumi's gauge has green numbers with a red needle,this is because he does have a different gauge.

that skyline my friends is a ER34, i'm not 100% but i think the badging is a 25gt-t

the Skyline GT-R is a BNR34

the difference is that the ER34 is an FR while the BNR34 is a 4WD

Excel 2004
2004-04-19, 14:58
I deleted that thing 5 minutes into it. I don't believe anyone can do that to such a great series. It should become fansub law that the filenames of parody subs should be tagged as such. I had disgusting feelings last night. But enough about my feelings. I plan to fansub it accurately.

Xard
2004-04-19, 15:14
I made an account just to post on this one thread :D

Those fansubs were completely funny. Were they a joke? Obviously. Were they a "horrible" translation? No, because they still translated what was going on, they just added their own flair to it, and I think it worked pretty well. Obviously, if you're going to die if you don't have exact japanese to english changes, then they aren't for you, but as something fun to watch that still conveys the story, they get full points in my book.

I suppose I'm in the minority though.

Shift_
2004-04-19, 15:16
that skyline my friends is a ER34, i'm not 100% but i think the badging is a 25gt-t

the Skyline GT-R is a BNR34

the difference is that the ER34 is an FR while the BNR34 is a 4WD

That's not the only diffrence, there's a HUGE diffrence. And it would be GTS-T not a 25GT-t

B <---2600cc (Ie RB26DETT) N<----ATTESSA-ETS R34 <---model code
E <---2500cc (ie RB25DET or RB25DE) C <---- HICAS equipped and R34 <-- model code

Now I can't understand japanese, so I can't say which skyline
it is, cept for the fact it's a R34.

But there were tons of other diffrences between the GTR and other various models.

CPOK
2004-04-19, 19:10
Anyone heard of anyone else subbing it yet?

Yoshi31
2004-04-19, 21:29
I made an account just to post on this one thread :D

Those fansubs were completely funny. Were they a joke? Obviously. Were they a "horrible" translation? No, because they still translated what was going on, they just added their own flair to it, and I think it worked pretty well. Obviously, if you're going to die if you don't have exact japanese to english changes, then they aren't for you, but as something fun to watch that still conveys the story, they get full points in my book.

I suppose I'm in the minority though.
no its cool to fan sub it like that dont get me wrong just not telling us before hand was wrong.

rEkKaShInObI
2004-04-19, 23:25
2 months for new episodes is crazy, it better be worth it.... anyways dl the raw!!

mashimaro_boy
2004-04-20, 13:30
no its cool to fan sub it like that dont get me wrong just not telling us before hand was wrong.

you could tell by their group name.... fob
FOB - is a degrading term for people not up to date on the culture which is an abbreviation for (Fresh Of the Boat.)
meaning you still carry your sense of fashion from your country which clashes with the current countries cultures.

Origin: Hawaii 60's

Local Hawaiians used it to refer to white people who came from mainland US to Hawaii. Its was used a lot by locals and surfers. it was to refer to white people who wasn't up to date on the culture.

It is now used a lot by Asians to refer to immigrant Asians of the same sense.

"Man! whats up with your shoes? thats fob!"

"Dood! check out the howlie with the yellow hat. what a fob."

Kamui4356
2004-04-20, 17:32
man those subs sucked! made me get pissed i had to put a paper and cover them and watch it raw cuz it was like "its like a hoe to cry isnt it" and everyone was a "ricer" and "stickers to add 10hp" thats all bs to me so yeah i hope a group does a good translation. i can wait till then.
Well they do have a point about some of the characters... moding a skyline gts to look like a gt-r would be a good example of rice. But stickers adding 10hp?!! Everyone knows they only add 5 :D

Alfzilla
2004-04-20, 17:35
Well they do have a point about some of the characters... moding a skyline gts to look like a gt-r would be a good example of rice. But stickers adding 10hp?!! Everyone knows they only add 5 :D

No no if u get the imported from japan its 10 :D

Remus Lupin
2004-04-21, 03:23
The windshield should have cracked.Not Nesicaraly. My friends Mazda 626 was broadsided by an integra and the windows on the impact side survived.

Nyght
2004-04-21, 12:45
is anyone going to sub this i just dled the first ep and it rocked if no one knew i guess now you know there is another stage to this awesome anime!!!!!!

xris
2004-04-21, 13:09
Welcome to the forum Nyght but unfortunately for you the first post you've made hits a rather sore spot.

Recently we've seen a number of new members join and (it appears) they don't bother to check to see if a similar thread already exists.

The question you have asked has been asked countless times (OK, so "countless" is an exaggeration but it's been asked a number of times now). All you need do is search for "Initial" and you will find threads in existence which asks the same question "Is anyone going to fansub Initial D" (just make sure that when you search use the "Search Titles Only" option). And the only reason why there are 'only' 14 threads currently with "Initial" in the title is because I'm constantly merging the things together!!!

So I'm yet again closing a thread. I'll more than likely merge this one with one of the others sooner or later.

And one other thing, the Fansub forum is for discussing anime series currently available as fansubs, not for asking when or if it will be fansubbed or not!

CPOK
2004-04-22, 00:53
I believe the first ep for the 4th stage has just been released by LE & IDE

Carrackus
2004-04-22, 14:19
Has anybody seen this translation yet? How is it?

DLing it right now :)

NoSanninWa
2004-04-22, 14:51
I think that it is time to retire this thread in favor of Initial D Fourth Stage [Discussion] in the Fansub Forum.