PDA

View Full Version : Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Light Novel Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

bakAnki
2011-11-26, 20:09
...well i found this out.. When searching..

volume 5 summary part 3 (seanver.com/2011/04/18/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-—-volume-5-part-3)

Didn't know Seanver is back ^^

Before reading the whole translated novel, I always read the summary on his blog:D
In fact I become interested to read the manga since I always read the Haganai title on his blog when I was still reading for OreImo only :heh:

daku_noroi
2011-11-26, 22:15
Didn't know Seanver is back ^^

Before reading the whole translated novel, I always read the summary on his blog:D
In fact I become interested to read the manga since I always read the Haganai title on his blog when I was still reading for OreImo only :heh:

..is that so.. They say that he cameback just recently..

Okashira
2011-11-29, 01:08
Tower (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_4_The_Tower) chapter is up.... Oh, so hideous.

Johnny
2011-11-29, 01:33
Even though Yozora was doing it for laughs. I think I've seen similar warped hairstyles on those foreign runway shows. She may be onto something there...:heh:

Also Sena still gets spanked? Well she does act childish at times, but spanking at that age. Whatever floats Pegasusa's boat I suppose...

bakAnki
2011-11-29, 01:48
Were Yozora and Rika really thought the Tower they did was really cute or they just a great actress, so they can make Sena feels good about it? As for Yukimura, as he seems not capable to tell a lie, I thinks he was indeed thought it was good :heh:

The girl talk about their hair was certainly cute though. They just look like three normal girls there, aside from Sena and Yozora tsundere-ish "only your hair that's good" XD

Yozora felt bad and apologize to Sena? I wonder why she starts now though.

Can't help going DAWWW both time when Sena murmurs "Uuu Kodaka" :hyper-^v^:

potchip
2011-11-29, 01:54
Has to be deliberate from the start - Yozora would never had any intention to 'service' Sena's hair otherwise. Though they did went overboard. The irony is the 'girl chat' is exactly what normals do (on the outside), except it was all fake. And interestingly what the group of misfits are pursuing are the 'outward appearance' of a riaju rather than the actual fulfillment. It could also be a play on the typical girl chat, social groups etc in a high school setting that came with the fake flattery to each other, nice on the surface be bitching behind the back situation.

VVolf
2011-11-29, 16:17
That was fast. Still anticipating the remaining chapter for book 1.

I believe they really did think it looked good on Sena (Yozora included. She might not have intended to make it so, but it turned out pretty good - for her, as well as the others, sans Kodaka. And Kodaka also stated that it didn't look like Yozora was acting too. ). And they did say, "...but when we think back on it, it really wasn't (cute)" afterwards. That makes me think they were honest when they commented on their masterpiece.

Hopefully with the apology, people would start to see Yozora in a different light.

bakAnki
2011-11-29, 21:11
I guess it depends on our interpretation then ^^
But I do (and want to) believe that the girl talks and they praised their work on Sena's hair were genuine too, since for once it's nice to see they act like a normal girls and friendly to each other ^^

It also nice to see Yozora felt bad for her action and actually had the courage to apologize. But still I wonder why she thought this (the tower on Sena) was overboard and she need to apologize while before I think she had done more terrible...... 'pranks' :heh:

Brimstone
2011-11-29, 21:21
Hopefully with the apology, people would start to see Yozora in a different light.

You must be new here :heh:

VVolf
2011-11-30, 10:53
You must be new here :heh:

I know, but a Yozora fan can hope, no? :heh:

zeniselv
2011-12-06, 23:01
so sad people lost interest in the novel, two chapter up of the last novel and not a single peep.

bakAnki
2011-12-07, 00:06
so sad people lost interest in the novel, two chapter up of the last novel and not a single peep.

Has anyone really said that? Dude, the School Festival ~Activity meeting~ and Movie chapter just recently add on Baka-Tsuki, it doesn't mean someone lost interest because we didn't immediately post our thought here. Not everyone checked Baka-Tsuki (or Vexed) everyday so it's understandable if no one haven't posted yet :heh:
But anyway, thanks for the heads up ;)

- Ah, so Yozora just know the Kitty cafe from Rika? I thought she already going there regularly.
- Kodaka and his obsession of comedy XD
"Meat actually said something logical. The world's going to end tomorrow..."
"To think that Sena-senpai said something logical, aliens are going to invade the Earth tomorrow..."
"Sena-anego said something logical! Is this a sign foretelling a world-shifting disaster..."
I LOL XDD
"An--An-chan!! Ummm... Kuh kuh kuh... Pat my head more, my loyal kindred... Ufufufu..."
Kobatoooo <3
Now I'm more curious on the chapter where they went to junior school festival and see Kobato and her classmate...
"Fool, in Monster Movies and Horror Films, the ones who are eaten or killed right at the start of the movie are always dumb blondes like you. That's an unwritten law of movie making. That's why this role is the most suitable for you."
:heh:
"That's right. Despite how I look, I'm actually quite a fan of Shark Movies! Seeing those absent-minded Riajuu couples play at the beach before getting devoured by the Shark, no matter how many times I rewatch it it's still awesome!"
"You're disgusting! And what do you mean despite how you look, you look exactly that type!"
"Hmm, the ones here most suitable to become shark-bait couple are..."
Yozora abruptly stopped mid-sentence., a sullen look on her face.
"Yozora...?"
"Ahhh, I still think the one to die right at the start should be that stupid blonde alone."
So even Yozora already know that at least on the outside look Kodaka and Sena is a good match, well for shark-bait couple (but it still counts as couple XD) :heh:

larethian
2011-12-07, 00:55

perhaps people like me don't like to be spoiled, and there are also others who prefer to read it in order since it is regularly updated.

HolyCow
2011-12-07, 14:44
It was Rika?
What's happen with her on that chapter calling Sena 'meat' too? She's trying to behave like Yozora? :confused:

It is Yozora, the author of Haganai has a rather unique writing style when it comes to two characters saying something at once / in order. For example

"Meat actually said something logical. The world's going to end tomorrow..."
"To think that Sena-senpai said something logical, aliens are going to invade the Earth tomorrow..."
"Sena-anego said something logical! Is this a sign foretelling a world-shifting disaster..."

Yozora, Rika and Yukimura's voices were tinted with a hint of real fear.

The paragraph after the spoken lines denote who says what. From the example above, Yozora says the first line, Rika the second, and Yukimura the third.

This does result in some rather awkward translations, like this:

"... I don't think this will work."
"Although Rika's never heard of a 'Friend Cafe', in a nutshell its a cafe where the waiters are closer to you right? Such cafes exist too - cafes where the waiters talk to you casually."
"To be honest, anyone who went to such a cafe would just get pissed off even more."

Me, Rika and Sena admitted.

Normally, "I" should go last (Rika, Sena and I), but due to the way the sentences are presented, I have to place "Me" ahead of "Rika" and "Sena".

Hope that clears things up :)

P/S: Anyone a fan of Rika? :3

bakAnki
2011-12-07, 23:46
It is Yozora, the author of Haganai has a rather unique writing style when it comes to two characters saying something at once / in order.

Yep, I noticed his writing style, that's why I couldn't believe Yozora said that word to Sena in the first place, so I asked here to be sure ^^

Well, perhaps it just another Yozora's way to "have fun" with Sena XD

P/S: Anyone a fan of Rika? :3

*raise hand*

I like her since the Gundam x Eva scene that revealed her as this perverted genius. And her comment, joke, and how her mind works after that is just awesome XDD
Though after read the translation of several chapters of vol 7, especially the last chapter, Rika shown her other side that gave me a surprise. So she faked (or at least half-faked from my understanding) her cheerful & pervert side all these times?

zeniselv
2011-12-08, 00:07
Though after read the translation of several chapters of vol 7, especially the last chapter, Rika shown her other side that gave me a surprise. So she faked (or at least half-faked from my understanding) her cheerful & pervert side all these times?
she wasnt actingm she really is like that she just isnt dense or oblivious to her sorroundings.
she was trying to get kodakas attention, so she changed her hairstyles, he never said nothing so she just let it slip she thougth he was just dense, later she found he noticed he just dint wanted to say anything, that and other couple of things lead her to find out kodaka isnt dense, he just pretend to be because hes afraid to change how thing are, thet kinda pissed her and lead to the confrontation in the last novel.

btw havent there been any word on a new volume ?

Okashira
2011-12-08, 00:52
btw havent there been any word on a new volume ?

It came out 10 days ago, titled "Univese" :heh: Probably it's just a compilation of profiles and misc info and the like.
Amazon link (http://www.amazon.co.jp/僕は友達が少ない-ゆにばーす-MF文庫J-平坂読/dp/4840143064)

larethian
2011-12-08, 01:18
It came out 10 days ago, titled "Univese" :heh: Probably it's just a compilation of profiles and misc info and the like.
Amazon link (http://www.amazon.co.jp/僕は友達が少ない-ゆにばーす-MF文庫J-平坂読/dp/4840143064)

That's an anthology of stories written by various popular love comedy authors in the Haganai universe. While I've heard of all of them, the only author whose work I've read is Yuuji Yuuji's OreShura.

Okashira
2011-12-08, 02:05
Speaking of novel, Kashiwazaki's room visit (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_4_Service_Time_%28Naked_Kashiwazaki_Scene_Inclu ded%29) (new chapter up).

I know of a lot of my friends that stopped being Sena fans when they heard about this :heh:

I knew this from the start, but in the end Stella is just the best girl of the lot :heh:

Johnny
2011-12-08, 05:15
Sena's creepy level just skyrocketed after reading that chapter. Sorry, I just don't see her even remotely being able to redeem herself, because from the gist of it she has no clue how truly creepy of a person she really is...

With just limited info on the remaining untranslated volumes. She has no chance in hell at ending up with Kodaka. That's just my opinion though...

And I agree, Stella is awesome...

Newprimus
2011-12-08, 06:43
Nah, Sena's not being creepy, she's just being kinda misguided and socially inept as usual. It's even in the chapter; she's imitating some old chinese guy who wanted revenge against someone who knocked off his family so he did something like sleep on dirt or something to constantly remind himself of the bitterness.

Plastering Yozora's pictures all over her room is her way of constantly reminding herself how much she hates (though probably not as much as she thinks) Yozora. The wig is just added touch.

Being socially clueless as she is she's probably unaware how creepy she comes off as, but she herself isn't being creepy.

HolyCow
2011-12-08, 08:10
Volume 7 Yusa Aoi Chapter up (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_7_Yusa_Aoi)

Enjoy your new character :)

bakAnki
2011-12-08, 10:42
Okay yeah, as much as I like Sena, she is creepy on this one. And to think Kodaka will get another Sena flag (well, he did though with Pegasus), she basically just badmouthed and distracted him rather than taught him :heh:
And (little bit) misleading chapter title, huh? I laughed reading Kodaka's inner thought well describing Pegasus's *naked* body XD
Stella the butroll was as awesome as always:p

And thank you HolyCow for vol 7 update! \^o^/
"What's with that interested expression on your face? Not only are you handsome, you also posses a natural sense of humour, I can't find anything wrong with you! You're the absolute best match for that perfect Kashiwazaki Sena are you not! That's just so annoying, I'm so envious, I'm so jealous!!! I shall be going now!!!"

Ohooo, a new girl that think Kodaka is perfect (and has good sense of humor too, just like Kodaka thought he has, lol), Haganai is filled with interesting girls XDD

Amazon link

An anthology novel too? Nice...
Crossing finger hoping for somebody to translate or write a summary of it XD

That word is officially stolen from Harry Ord, isn't it:heh:

dannclark
2011-12-08, 13:16
Whens Volume 8 set to be released? is this hidaka hinata character like the "villain" i.e trying to get the neighbours club shut down or something? or whats her purpose? lol

mironicus
2011-12-08, 15:29
Well it's Yozoras fault that Sena suffers and feels that way.

Yozora just do not want her in the club anyway and no human likes to be humiliated. It's fascinating that Sena told Kodaka that she feels that way. Another hint that she really trusts/likes him. Kodaka has to take this more seriously.

zeniselv
2011-12-08, 17:13
sena is just like akari's sister from yuruyuri.

Johnny
2011-12-08, 18:52
Thanks for the new chapter HolyCow...

New character seems misguided, but interesting nonetheless. She sure got some unintentional good points in Kodaka's book right off the bat...:heh:

bakAnki
2011-12-14, 22:06
New chapter, kitaaaaaa~
The Homoge Club (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2011/12/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol_13.html)

So that's why Kodaka almost never compliment girl's look vocally I guess? Though it was hilarious, "Did I just say that loud?" :heh:

They moved closer to each other, hugged each other, and pressed their lips together in a passio―――― Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!?????
I laughed, a lot. I can imagine his shock and his face there. Though he should see it coming with the title and the blu-ray cover :heh:

Finally Yozora approved Sena's love of eroge, but Sena had to pay it with something else important too XD

I want to believe that the girl in Sena's eroge looking like Kobato was just a coincidence.

I'm curious about Sena. When the 2011 light novel award took place, how far did Haganai was? Did it already on vol 4?
On the first 3 novel the focus was mostly on her with those flags and showing her dere side so I think it was not a surprise she ranked on the award. But on the vol 4 after Yozora cut her hair and became more dere, Sena had her creepy side shown more than before, I'm amazed she could rank 4th best female character. Well I'm Sena fan and I still like her but with the previous chapter and this one, I agree and admit that her obsession towards Yozora and Kobato is creepy and I won't be surprised if other will change her opinion of her :heh:

LC
2011-12-15, 07:22
You gotta feel bad for Rika; Kodaka feels that she's in his "league" but he won't even give her a chance.

"Homoge Club"? I know that Yozora is powerless against Rika (and Kodaka lol), but still surprised she sat down and watched it. Speaking of that, Yozora seems to be a whole different character when not interacting with Sena.

So, this is probably the first chapter where Yozora clearly indicates that she has romantic feelings for Kodaka. And she had thought those feelings were weird....

"Ahh... Even Rika wouldn't be able to do that one~... It feels like I'd lose something important as a person if I did." MTE Rika. It's funny how Sena still runs out crying.. even though she won. :heh:

Great chapter!

Johnny
2011-12-15, 21:38
Kodaka is an unintentionally smooth operator...:heh:

Rika is still up there as far as my favorite character. The glasses are fake bit reminded of another character that I can't remember that also did it for the look of it...

No need to keep kicking a dead horse on how creepy Sena is...

LC
2011-12-18, 14:33
Would any novel readers mind explaining these two images?

http://i.imgur.com/4Rsrc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PNm9b.jpg

Thanks so much in advance! :smile:

Chaos2Frozen
2011-12-18, 18:04
The first picture is when Yozora was caught plagiarizing the story from another movie.

The second picture is when the two of them were watching a romantic movie.

starlol
2011-12-19, 02:59
Did Kodaka and Sena met when they were kids?

konart
2011-12-19, 03:36
Did Kodaka and Sena met when they were kids?

When they were infants

VVolf
2011-12-19, 08:01
The first picture is when Yozora was caught plagiarizing the story from another movie.

The second picture is when the two of them were watching a romantic movie.

And not just any romantic movie too. It had some pretty erotic scenes too, hence Yozora's beet red face.

mironicus
2011-12-19, 08:42
And not just any romantic movie too. It had some pretty erotic scenes too, hence Yozora's beet red face.

Yozora's possible thoughts about this: "Can friends do this, too?" :D
Some days later we will see a bed in the club room. To become "popular" they'll have to practice... :blush:

bakAnki
2011-12-19, 08:55
Some days later we will see a bed in the club room. To become "popular" they'll have to practice... :blush:

I think there are several H doujins out there that have this kind of setting :heh:

And while we're discussing the artwork pctures, there's two pictures from vol 6 on the date chapter. Was Kodaka really dating the girls? :twitch:
http://i.imgur.com/IYJMO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oX5BG.jpg

mironicus
2011-12-19, 08:59
There are no summaries or translations for this novels out there yet?

HolyCow
2011-12-19, 13:06
Rika is still up there as far as my favorite character.

/high five :D

Just wait till you finish reading Vol 7... Rika gets a lot of character development towards the end :)

Volume 7 Born Princess Chapter is up by the way (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_7_Born_Princess)

Johnny
2011-12-19, 18:19
^Also finally got a doujinshi that stars Rika and well Yukimura too:D...

Thanks for the new chapter. Sena was somewhat normal this time around. If you call her high-handedness normal. Which I believe it is...:heh:

potchip
2011-12-19, 18:38
Sena's reality distortion field..(or physical canceller?) Where by setting she is perfect and will pull through, so despite seeming impossible odds, she just might pull through just like she will end up top scoring without any efforts. One thing with haganai is there are both positive and negative development when Kodaka reflect on the actions of his harem. Both Yozora and Sena had those moments.

bakAnki
2011-12-19, 22:42
Thank you for the new chapter HolyCow \:D/

Maria was preparing to have a showdown with Kobato, playing "Fullmetal Necromancer" on the screen.
DAWW:smile:
Can't wait for the Kobato chapter and see what's really happen when she see Kobato with her classmate...

And I wonder, on which category Yozora really belong to for Sena:heh:

mironicus
2011-12-20, 07:16
Speculations for later Volumes.

They still have made no friends outside the club even in Volume 7. The most time they are just doing their own stuff in the club room. Sena plays her games, Yozora reads... everybody has their own hobbies and there is no one with similiar interests within the group.

However, there are some new characters introduced in Volume 7. And as Kodaka now is known as Sena's official boyfriend in the school, the girls outside the club will see him in a different light it seems. He is feared by the boys, but admired by some girls (handsome delinquent). It is easier for the girls in the school to approach him. Maybe Kodaka will go the Kyosuke route like in OreImo and he will be able to find friends for Sena and Yozora?

Yozora still needs a real Tomo-chan and Sena some female otaku girlfriends. Kodaka can't replace those friends because the girls have romancing affections for him and are bitching around.

mrthuvi
2011-12-20, 14:38
Okay, i have read a machine-translated volume 7 from Chinese to my language. What does the things Rika told Kodaka in the end mean? I dont get it.

zeniselv
2011-12-20, 15:31

They still have made no friends outside the club even in Volume 7. The most time they are just doing their own stuff in the club room. Sena plays her games, Yozora reads... everybody has their own hobbies and there is no one with similiar interests within the group.

However, there are some new characters introduced in Volume 7. And as Kodaka now is known as Sena's official boyfriend in the school, the girls outside the club will see him in a different light it seems. He is feared by the boys, but admired by some girls (handsome delinquent). It is easier for the girls in the school to approach him. Maybe Kodaka will go the Kyosuke route like in OreImo and he will be able to find friends for Sena and Yozora?

Yozora still needs a real Tomo-chan and Sena some female otaku girlfriends. Kodaka can't replace those friends because the girls have romancing affections for him and are bitching around.

you got it a little wrong, all of kodaka beign sena's boyfriend and he beign handsome, is just the simple misunderstanding/opinion of yusa, other students dont see him as handsome and think hes forcing the girls to be with him, to the point not anyone in the club thinks he is good looking.}

Okay, i have read a machine-translated volume 7 from Chinese to my language. What does the things Rika told Kodaka in the end mean? I dont get it.

it means that rika aleready know that kodaka, know they are already friends, but saying out loud would mean they already acieved their goal, so kodaka is afraid of doing that, not knowing how or if things would change, it also implies that kodaka already knows what the girls feel about him, so hes is just playing the dense character for the same reason.

HolyCow
2011-12-21, 12:43
Volume 7 new chapter up (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_7_Is_this_a_date)

Probably one of the chapters I had the most fun translating, behind "In the Rika Room"~

It's a very Yozora-ish chapter :3

LC
2011-12-21, 14:05
Thank you to all the light novel readers that provided spoilers and to HolyCow for translations! :D

Yozora said "Nya~!"? Unbelievable! Her transformation into Moezora is now complete. :heh:

Miraluka
2011-12-21, 14:52
Ironically, it got more hard to buy her like that, as if she gives a mentally unstable vibe :heh:.

Johnny
2011-12-21, 21:49
^Huh, isn't that just her being an awkward tsundere...?

To the chapter and thanks for the new update again HolyCow...

LOL, it's a good thing that the whole club didn't come to the movies with them. Although I think Maria and Rika's reaction would probably have been hilarious to see...

If only Yozora knew some of the reactions Kodaka had she would be getting rid of that facade rather quickly. Well at least when she's only around Kodaka...

bakAnki
2011-12-21, 22:29
Thanks you for new chapter HolyCow, c'est si bon XDDD

Moezora is great and so that's why her nick is NIGHT :heh:
And their last conversation was nice too.

I still laugh about c'est si bon XDD

novalysis
2011-12-22, 08:23
Yozora - Sora - Dere Mode confirmed.....

It makes us wonder just how much happier Boku Wa Tomodachi would be if Sora and Taka did not suffer that ten years interruption.....

I really wonder how this would have played out if Sena was there... on the other hand , Yozora will never show her "Sora" and "dere" personality to Sena....

If this was animated , it could really become an amazing episode , provided it was done well. For some reason , while reading this , I was imagining how this episode could have been potentially adapted in a Season 2 in the future...

Okashira
2011-12-22, 20:18

Not a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway.

Kodaka has been rumored as Sena's boyfriend from early on; I think that it was in volume 3 or 2. In Volume 1 the rumor was that he had his way with her by force (same for Yozora), but the rumor seems to have toned down, probably because Sena keeps acting naturally towards Kodaka and doesn't behave like a "victim to an attacker" would.
Translation : The rumor of him being good with the ladies or having a popular girlfriend did nothing for him

About future events, well... maybe, just maybe....
More club members? Or perhaps some love rivals or something. I can see Kodaka saving the Ria-ou from a group of delinquents or something without him realizing it. I can also see the Ria-ou being a fake persona and her being in reality the worst misfit introduced so far

bakAnki
2011-12-23, 08:33
Vexed has released Sister (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2011/12/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol4.html) chapter \:D/

New (and another hilarious) characters, the 'old hag' Maria talked about previous chapters ago. We also got little bit of Maria back story and the mention of her development off-screen all this time :)

Oh yeah, Kodaka also get new little sister XP

Miraluka
2011-12-23, 09:55
You just forgot the "Woniichan moeeeeeeee!"

idiffer
2011-12-23, 12:57
can someone help me? i don't know which volume the anime ends at. anyone know?

PS. less vampire retard, nun and glasses pervert chick. more yozora and niku.

Johnny
2011-12-23, 13:08
Wow, I always thought Sister Kate I'll call her, was older then that. Well she certainly doesn't act like a 15 year old girl...

Johnny
2011-12-23, 13:10
can someone help me? i don't know which volume the anime ends at. anyone know?
I would say The Neighbors Club's Reaction chapter of volume 4...

Bonta Kun
2011-12-23, 15:47
Wow, I always thought Sister Kate I'll call her, was older then that. Well she certainly doesn't act like a 15 year old girl...

Yea I totally thought she was like a year older than Kodoka, complete surprise that she is younger.
And true it's a little odd how she doesn't quite act her age but this isn't something new in manga and anime, altho I get the feeling it feels maybe her personality is a tad forced here.

Well still a pretty entertaining read, imouto get!:heh:

HolyCow
2011-12-23, 16:02
Vol 7 Childhood Friend chapter up. (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_7_Childhood_Friend)

Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed translating it. Merry Christmas everyone!

Another chapter where (imo) Rika steals the show, and you get to see a rather different side of her, although rather subtly :3

Small bits of foreshadowing like these really make Vol 7 awesome, and they really make Rika shine was a character. It eventually cultivates into a very powerful last chapter, which I hope to finish up before February :D

LC
2011-12-23, 16:58
Thanks to Vexed and HolyCow for more new chapters!

Rika becomes more interesting the more we see of her. She really doesn't hold back at all, does she? :heh:

mironicus
2011-12-23, 17:27
Great chapter.

Now we have an indirect statement from Sena and Rika that they want Kodaka for themselves (rewrite his role so they end up with him in the movie). And Yozora's interpretation of the childhood friend shows her romantic feelings for Kodaka (she's blindly in love).

Johnny
2011-12-23, 20:30
Thanks for the present, Holy Cow...

So far with what I read this about the only time I disliked Kodaka. He was far too laid back for me in this chapter and just mildly protested while all the others walked all over his character. I can see why Rika is getting upset with his mannerism...

bakAnki
2011-12-25, 02:48
Thank you for the new chapter, HolyCow!

Lol Kodaka's character being too perfect, demoted to delinquent, and then become little sister/brother :heh:
Why we didn't get artwork on this chapter, I would like to see RikaKobato D:

Sleep_ping
2011-12-25, 06:30
Let's add to the festive season, and time to break some illusions. Here's Vol 5 Hot Spring chapter. (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai:Volum e5_Hot_Spring)

Okashira
2011-12-25, 08:09
Let's add to the festive season, and time to break some illusions. Here's Vol 5 Hot Spring chapter. (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai:Volum e5_Hot_Spring)

Hey, thanks. Though I noticed that you have been itching for a while when it comes to that chapter :heh:

"He does not have it..”

Sumeragi
2011-12-25, 08:21
Hey, thanks. Though I noticed that you have been itching for a while when it comes to that chapter :heh:

"He does not have it..”
I like this part better:

“Ohh, this looks completely different from what I saw on Rika’s computer! That looked scary, but onii-chan’s one looked so gentle!”

bakAnki
2011-12-25, 11:45
Thanks for hilarious chapter XD

Kodaka just experienced another awkward bath in his life :heh:
I thought we would get some Kobato's jealousy moment as Maria could go having a bath with Kodaka :heh:

Onnasis
2011-12-25, 13:29
what a shocking chapter :heh:

to know that yukimura is real girl and not trap . . . why I feel a little sad :twitch:

konart
2011-12-25, 14:01
what a shocking chapter :heh:

to know that yukimura is real girl and not trap . . . why I feel a little sad :twitch:

Wasn't it obvious?

Okashira
2011-12-25, 22:25
Wasn't it obvious?

What's obvious is that Kodaka is weak against traps. Even his matra of "it's a guy" couldn't help him from approaching the "edge" :naughty:

bakAnki
2011-12-26, 03:14
What makes every 'Kodaka alone with Yukimura' moments interesting for me is Kodaka's inner thought. He describing it very well it made you can't help but imagine Yukimura's body and forget it's a man's body until Kodaka made you remember :heh:
At least until this chapter XD

EDIT: Vexed has released new chapter, Comparing Answers (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2011/12/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol_25.html) :D
...Sena actually managed to corner Yozora. That is to say, she won for once, but sadly, she didn't realize it.

Actually I've never compared answer again started from high school with the same reason Kodaka felt this chapter. It's too depressing when you know you got wrong answer when your friends got it right XD

Lexxus
2011-12-26, 21:30
reverse trap ftw :heh:

Johnny
2011-12-26, 23:35
Read the Yukimura surprise awhile ago elsewhere, but was still good to read it again. Maria's bluntness is always hilarious...

As to the new chapter. I don't think Sena will ever realize she was victorious over Yozora no matter what it is. I think she just enjoys the banter back n' forth no matter how much she might deny it...

Silverwyrm
2011-12-27, 05:51
I like this part better:

“Ohh, this looks completely different from what I saw on Rika’s computer! That looked scary, but onii-chan’s one looked so gentle!”

Oh that was so hilarious!

I've said it before but these chapters come out so fast for novel translations, whoever is working on these I hope gets a lot of gratitude for it!

Sumeragi
2011-12-27, 05:54
Oh that was so hilarious!
Yep, hilarious enough to....

see if I can get over my usual penis-cutting personality and see just how cute Kodaka's elephant is.

Silverwyrm
2011-12-27, 08:22
Yep, hilarious enough to....

see if I can get over my usual penis-cutting personality and see just how cute Kodaka's elephant is.

well I am sure there are also other...'reasons' the one is Sena's game was 'scary'

Damn that whole situation had me cracking up so much :heh:

Sleep_ping
2011-12-27, 09:46
Well, I translated that chapter because I had enough of being asked 'Is Yukimura a guy or a girl?'. If I translate this volume, you better expect lots of censoring from me...

Chaos2Frozen
2011-12-27, 18:10
If I translate this volume, you better expect lots of censoring from me...

Well, that's a Monkey-Fighting shame...:p

zeniselv
2011-12-28, 01:02
i do agree with ping, people gets very annoying, and this one wasnt even a trap-centric story.

Sleep_ping
2011-12-28, 10:32
Well, that's a Monkey-Fighting shame...:p

Well, we'll see Rika go f*** f*** f***f*** f*** f***f*** f***f*** all the way. Here's a little teaser made by our big boss: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_5_Teaser1

i do agree with ping, people gets very annoying, and this one wasnt even a trap-centric story.

Well, I wanted to see the reactions of the fans once they realize that they went into a kaizo trap. So far, it had been entertaining, to say the least.

bakAnki
2011-12-28, 10:39
Saw that teaser months ago. I was hoping the anime was 2 cour back then so we'll get to see how they adapt that roller coaster scenes on the anime, shame the anime was only 1 cour :heh:
Or how they animate the scene where Yozora get to play maiden game Sena and Rika told :3

Okashira
2011-12-29, 10:38
The word of the day? Unko-amen (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_4_Sisters) (aka, Vexed released another chap)

"Hey~ Time to take a bath..."

"Kuhahaha, allow my special attack to send you into an eternity of darkness!"

"Gyahhh! That move's not fair!"

bakAnki
2011-12-29, 11:35
That was godly chapter. How I envy Kodaka XDD
And Kate as huge siscon? Delicous XD

Animu, y u no 2 cour? I really want to see this chapter animated XP

Johnny
2011-12-29, 18:31
I was hoping at one point Kate would show up at the door to make the scene even more hilarious, but the constant calling was good...

Maria's, "Gyahhh poop Amen!" had me rolling. The nuns would be proud, er maybe not...

mironicus
2011-12-31, 15:52
I found the last part of the seventh novel translated -> King of Riajuu.

http://canonrap.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/real-king/

Someone knows the release date of the next volume?

Sumeragi
2012-01-01, 00:27
Well, we'll see Rika go f*** f*** f***f*** f*** f***f*** f***f*** all the way.
I really want to see the Japanese original on this.

Sleep_ping
2012-01-01, 04:01

Step 1 complete. And thanks to the anime, we managed to get 5761 average daily views during the past month.

Someone knows the release date of the next volume?

No idea yet. MF would normally release their releast dates about 1 month before.

bakAnki
2012-01-01, 04:10

The text? She really said that (also 'f*cking', 'son of a bitch', and 'shit') on english XD
http://i.imgur.com/MR0ia.jpg

Sleep_ping
2012-01-01, 04:11
The text? She really said that (also 'f*cking', 'son of a bitch', and 'shit') on english XD

I just uploaded it to her...

Johnny
2012-01-01, 23:34
Wow, I overlooked that teaser, wow again. All that from a ride on a roller coaster...?

Okashira
2012-01-06, 20:55
I'm sure this was told before, but the blog that does light novel summaries for this series is back in action after a long period of absence * Link here * (http://seanver.com/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-light-novel-summaries/) , as of now the summaries are quite ahead of the translation and the latest summary is kinda recent a give us a tasteful amount of Kate's Niku

And it's all right with the world.

Light novel volume 4 finished (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:_Volu me_4_After_Party)

bakAnki
2012-01-09, 01:15
Aah, there goes volume 4.
I know it's creepy, but I'd like to hear Maria and Rika read those stuffs Rika wrote on the anime :heh:
As for Sena, she just trigger another bad flag with Kobato XD

And Seanver's summary was great too. Especially love that part where Sena goes aggressive for Kodaka <3
As for Kate, I wonder if she is siscon from the get go or she started to get really over-protective after the priest send Maria to the prestigious school and she knew Maria treated badly there...

Johnny
2012-01-09, 23:03
Yozora, the master manipulator. Although that last one stuck to the bottom sort of backfired on her. Wonder why she didn't go for it when she had the chance, or make sure Kodaka had the right number if she did grab it...?

Silverwyrm
2012-01-10, 00:29
Yozora, the master manipulator. Although that last one stuck to the bottom sort of backfired on her. Wonder why she didn't go for it when she had the chance, or make sure Kodaka had the right number if she did grab it...?

I wont lie, I was kinda hoping it would be yozora and sena just for the great laughs

Okashira
2012-01-10, 01:24
Vexed has started work on Volume 5 (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai:Volum e5_A_Phone_Call_With_Dad)

Marriage route geeeeeeto!! :heh:

daku_noroi
2012-01-10, 05:33
..daugther-complex dad?..

Johnny
2012-01-10, 05:33
"It's a done deal inside his head already." That's too funny. Followed up by the Kobato b/f bit...

novalysis
2012-01-10, 07:03
Judging my Kodaka's dad reaction to Kobato's joke, I can safely say that he's likely to become a very popular off-stage character if this phone call ever get's animated.. Instantly.

That was epic gold.

Bonta Kun
2012-01-10, 23:59
ROFLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, that phone call is the funniest thing I've read in quite some time!

Epic dad is epic dad and this is just over the phone!:heh:

Flawfinder
2012-01-11, 02:21
This series doesn't have many characters outside the club members, but the few that exist are always awesome. That phone call needs to be animated someday. No question about it.

bakAnki
2012-01-11, 13:26
Agreed, Hayato was so hilarious. I wonder how it looks like when Hayato was still on Japan. The only thing they mention was, IIRC, Hayato spanked Kobato when she throw her food acting as Leysis because it has onion on it :heh:

That scene and the roller coaster cursing scene are the scenes I'm hoping they'll include on next season:p

Found this on a H-doujin, so I got curious. Did Pegasus have and show Sena this kind of photo or he just told Sena that she and Kodaka hat met when they're infant on the LN?
http://i.imgur.com/B1NjN.jpg

bakAnki
2012-01-24, 13:04
Not sure if anybody interested, but the Afterword for volume 1-3 have been translated.

Didn't know that the story is based on Hirasaka Yomi's own experiences who has few friends, bad at communication, etc :heh:

mironicus
2012-01-24, 13:52
Thanks, I already read it because I frequently visit your homepage.

Didn't know that the story is based on Hirasaka Yomi's own experiences who has few friends, bad at communication, etc

Well why not? Writing can be a good way to treat your own problems. Haganai is sometimes very authentic. If you have few friends you can identify with the characters in some ways.

The way the story is written and based on the ending of Volume 7 it seems that the whole story will come to an end as Kodaka just can't ignore the feelings of the girls forever.

bakAnki
2012-01-25, 21:46
Vexed has released the first part of Amusement Park chapters (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2012/01/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol_25.html) :D

Okashira
2012-01-25, 23:09
It's interesting how they portrayed Sena's reaction once Maria showed affection for her. It was clear since the start but that completely and openly shows us that Maria is ng to satisfy the needs of Sena while in Kimoi Niku mode, whereas 3 spoonful of Kobato would undoubtedly made the trick.

bakAnki
2012-01-25, 23:26
Yeah, I though she will get embarrassed to be called "Onee-chan" by Maria :heh:
But it's nice to see Sena could be nice to Maria. And Kobato's relieved smile after she knew Maria could go, dawww :smile:

Btw I just tried to listen to drama CD bonus from vol 1 Blu-ray, it's the skipped (LOL) and Comedy King Kodaka chapter, but with some change, I think. Since Rika already there on the (LOL) part. Wonder if on the next volumes they're going to do more skipped chapters...

bakAnki
2012-01-30, 10:44
Swimming Pool chapter (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_Wa_Tomodachi_Ga_Sukunai:Volum e1_Swimming_Pool) on volume 1 has been finally fully translated, yay :D

So that Magical Girl Unko Maria picture posted weeks ago was from the Universe light novel anthology... ^^

mironicus
2012-01-30, 13:39
Thanks!

What is this new "Universe" light novel? An alternate story line?

Flere821
2012-01-30, 18:35
Thanks!

What is this new "Universe" light novel? An alternate story line?
It's a bunch of short stories. It's not relevant to the main plot.

bakAnki
2012-02-02, 01:21
Vexed has released new chapter (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2012/02/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol.html) :D

How I wished to see those screams and curses scene on anime, especially Rika's XD

mironicus
2012-02-02, 07:55
Thanks! :D

How I wished to see those screams and curses scene on anime, especially Rika's XD

This I guess should not be easy as some things will be censored anyway.

There is something funny about the screams:

Yozora: It's all your fault! My life is not going well, ****** (I couldn't really hear this part) never paying attention to me. Save me **daka! (I couldn't hear this either)

Sena: I'm falling, ngah! K-Kodaka, Kodaka Kodaka Kodaka Kodakaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Even in fear Yozora can't call out Kodakas name clearly and loud because of shyness which is somehow funny and also tragic.

I must say after the revealing of the childhood friendship Yozora is just becoming more boring and plain in the novel. She is not the main heroine anymore, she is just more like a background character and jealous about every girl that get Kodakas attention. Can you imagine to live a fulfilled life with someone like her? It would be just plain boring.

As in real life the characters that are more livelier gets more attention from the male protagonist.

dannclark
2012-02-03, 16:26
Has volume 8 been announced?

Johnny
2012-02-03, 22:43
Vexed has released new chapter (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2012/02/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol.html) :D

I laugh at that chapter every time I read it. The funniest right along with their various screams of terror is how they were making fun of Kodaka beforehand...:heh:

LC
2012-02-05, 10:54
Thanks! :D

This I guess should not be easy as some things will be censored anyway.

There is something funny about the screams:

Yozora: It's all your fault! My life is not going well, ****** (I couldn't really hear this part) never paying attention to me. Save me **daka! (I couldn't hear this either)

Sena: I'm falling, ngah! K-Kodaka, Kodaka Kodaka Kodaka Kodakaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Even in fear Yozora can't call out Kodakas name clearly and loud because of shyness which is somehow funny and also tragic.

I must say after the revealing of the childhood friendship Yozora is just becoming more boring and plain in the novel. She is not the main heroine anymore, she is just more like a background character and jealous about every girl that get Kodakas attention. Can you imagine to live a fulfilled life with someone like her? It would be just plain boring.

As in real life the characters that are more livelier gets more attention from the male protagonist.

Really? She pretty much acts the same way, IMO. She was always jealous of Sena. If anything she becomes more interesting since we get to see more sides of her in chapters like the Cat Cafe.

Hilarious chapter, I really want to see Yukimura's part in the anime. lol I think Rika and Yozora could be close friends if only Rika wasn't so perverted, and Yozora didn't like Kodaka.

Allen2
2012-02-07, 00:51
Ok so this is my first time ever joining a forum of some sort but what i was thinking about the other day was what if the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai plus manga was for people who want sena to win and the reason they made it is because someone else beside Sena is going to win. You know like have an altarnate version so that when she loses it may call the public down a little. Idk its just a thought.

mironicus
2012-02-07, 04:20
The Plus Manga was made for a much younger audience. I don't think there is a link between who will win at the end.

Allen2
2012-02-07, 22:22
Oh ok thank god cause that idea scared me a lot since im a big sena fan.

Johnny
2012-02-07, 22:34
Plus is just an alternate tell to the story and released quarterly so by the time it does get to the end we'll all be old and wrinkly...

Allen2
2012-02-08, 01:38
Haha so true i thought by now they would have had more than 8 chapters but they only have 3 when i last checked. But has the volume 8 release date been annouced yet?

bakAnki
2012-02-08, 02:03
Haha so true i thought by now they would have had more than 8 chapters but they only have 3 when i last checked.

Plus has 5 chapters and 1 extra chapter released already. But if you meant the scanlated one, yes Seinagi has translated the first 3 chapters. Chapter 6 will be released this month, on 19th to be exact. After that, another 3 months wait for chapter 7 :heh:

But honestly I thought that Plus does go to Sena route. Why bother change Sena to Yozora's role as the main heroine if it only meant to be more accepted to younger audience? :confused:

Btw, this is the LN thread though, Plus should be discussed on the manga thread, shouldn't it? ^^

mironicus
2012-02-08, 05:05
Why bother change Sena to Yozora's role as the main heroine if it only meant to be more accepted to younger audience?

They have chosen the most popular, sympathic, beautiful, cheerful and refined character as main heroine. Choosing Sena = making more money. The art is more beautiful and the adult stuff was left out, so it can be read by a younger demographic.

And about the route the Novel/Anime takes... it's still exciting because I don't really see a clear ending. If you compare this to Clannad the chosen girl was the one that also had a family in the story. All other girls only appeared at school / club meetings and had no family background.

And the only girl with a family in Haganai is.... Sena! :D

bakAnki
2012-02-08, 06:02
They have chosen the most popular, sympathic, beautiful, cheerful and refined character as main heroine. Choosing Sena = making more money.

Don't take me wrong, Sena is my Haganai favorite girl. The point of my previous post was I thought they promoted Sena to be the main heroine on Plus so she and Kodaka can get more of their moment (ie Sena end/route) aside so younger readers can enjoy the series too :heh:
Although the latest chapter (chapter 5) was Taka and Sora-focused chapter like the original, chapter 1-4 and the extra did gave us Kodaka and Sena moment. Before Yozora joined Sena is already use to go home together with Kodaka, (unconsciously?) get extremely close and hugged him when he fights Yozora on the video game, get worried about him on the courage test, and she even made their supposedly 'virtual'/training date to be a real one and getting all worried of his relationship with Yozora (on Plus she already knew Kodaka and Yozora are childhood friend because she overheard Yozora talking to herselfTomo-chan even before Kodaka remember it). Kodaka also taught Sena the importance and fun of playing music on a band.

The art is more beautiful and the adult stuff was left out, so it can be read by a younger demographic.

Art is subjective to each person since I find Plus's artwork isn't as good as Buriki (LN) or Itachi (original manga version) ^^

But yeah, there aren't any fanservices and Yozora hasn't use rape-involving insult to Sena yet IIRC XD
I wonder what's going to happen when Rika joins though, they probably nerfed her pervert too, little bit shame since it's her charm XD

Allen2
2012-02-08, 23:13
Well thats good to know. haha sorry just a question i needed to get out of the way ill keep it LN related next time haha

bakAnki
2012-02-09, 07:20
Astaroth Chapter (http://vexedscans.blogspot.com/2012/02/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-novel-vol_08.html)!!

"Seriously, married...? That's so stupid... We have to go out together first..."

Dawww Sena <3

mironicus
2012-02-09, 11:26
I just don't hope that Sena's motivation to marry Kodaka is mainly the thought of having a child for herself that looks like Kobato-chan and dumping him after she gets what she wants. :D

In the LN there is a scene where Sena is bored because she is alone with Yukimura in the clubroom. She texts a mail to Kodaka that he should come. Kodaka is reading in the library and as he is about to leave he gets another mail from Sena that Kobata-chan arrived in the club room. She texts him "... so I don't need you anymore!" which pisses him off. :D

Okashira
2012-02-09, 12:12
I just don't hope that Sena's motivation to marry Kodaka is mainly the thought of having a child for herself that looks like Kobato-chan and dumping him after she gets what she wants. :D

Sena has obviously shown that she has a soft spot for Kodaka and that very same soft spot has gotten bigger and bigger as they keep interacting with each other..... Yet, if for some reason there it was the choice of either marrying Kodaka or Kobato, do we even have to wonder on who would Sena choose? :heh:

I am the only one cracking up that Sena likes tsundere character features? The part were Kobato thanked her made me smile a lot.

mironicus
2012-02-09, 12:56
I am the only one cracking up that Sena likes tsundere character features? The part were Kobato thanked her made me smile a lot.

Yes! The Kashiwazaki females seems to like tsundere characters.

I'd like to see Senas mother and some interaction with Pegasus. :p

Miraluka
2012-02-09, 22:47
In that relationship Pegasus is the tsundere, obviously.

dannclark
2012-02-12, 10:13
Any word on volume 8? release dates etc

buttersette
2012-02-12, 11:16

Why do I feel bad? :(

mironicus
2012-02-12, 15:30
Any word on volume 8? release dates etc

Last volume was released in September 2011. Normally the author need 5-6 months to release a new volume.

Search for translated doujins if you want more stuff to read. ;)

dannclark
2012-02-13, 02:45
Last volume was released in September 2011. Normally the author need 5-6 months to release a new volume.

Search for translated doujins if you want more stuff to read. ;)

i know that but you'd think he'd have come out with a release date by now if that were the case considering it has been 5 months more or less since september 2011 lol

potchip
2012-02-13, 03:02
Well...busy with anime, game, totally understandable. No rush either.

larethian
2012-02-13, 03:08
He's also busy with crossovers. There are also times when the writer has finished, but delays occur at other parts of the pipeline, like illustrations or editing, etc.

azziz
2012-02-13, 15:26
bokuto has one of the best illustrator of the L.N. industry with hidan no aria's and high school dxd-there are other very good but i'm just talking about the best.
his illustrations(sena,kobato,maria,kate) are what attracted me to begin with.

syke123
2012-02-13, 17:23
I'm pondering as to which route this is going to end with. If he did end up with Sena, he'd be living with constant financial support from sena's father, and live a spoiled life. But Yozora on the other hand lives in an apartment with her family, she isn't poor although drastically different finacially from Sena. They can both make him happy, and he definitely holds feelings for the both of them. So in such a situation you should evaluate who would lose more? Sena's going to get the best education, compared to him where I doubt he'll even manage to finish HS. In reality she would dump him right after graduating. Now Yozora, a close childhood friend which got sepperated due to a misunderstanding, which probably would've led to a confession, if she showed up. The choice is obvious, but I may be stereotyping.

mironicus
2012-02-13, 20:19
Based on Kodakas character he could choose Yozora mainly of a guilty conscience because he left her alone ten years ago and he feels responsible that she turned into a bad girl.

So maybe he will choose Yozora and they go out together first, but she notices that he is not very happy, so they eventually will break up and she releases him from his guilty feelings.

After that Kodaka will eventually confess his love to the girl he actually likes (Sena, Rika or Yukimura).

Chaos2Frozen
2012-02-13, 20:37
bokuto has one of the best illustrator of the L.N. industry with hidan no aria's and high school dxd-there are other very good but i'm just talking about the best.
his illustrations(sena,kobato,maria,kate) are what attracted me to begin with.

Buriki is rather popular with his unique style and anyone can identify his work right away.

But Kobuichi and Miyama are abit too 'standard' in their style...

Based on Kodakas character he could choose Yozora mainly of a guilty conscience because he left her alone ten years ago and he feels responsible that she turned into a bad girl.

So maybe he will choose Yozora and they go out together first, but she notices that he is not very happy, so they eventually will break up and she releases him from his guilty feelings.

After that Kodaka will eventually confess his love to the girl he actually likes (Sena, Rika or Yukimura).

Lol yeah, no way was this statement in any way bias and driven by personal desires or spite.

mironicus
2012-02-13, 20:48
Well... Kodaka never thinks about his own happiness. He really feels guilty because he left her alone. In the novel he even dreams that Yozora hates him now. Just look at the summaries of Novel 5.

“What are you muttering, Taka?”

Kodaka sees a boy… no, a girl, a black-haired girl wearing a cap and dressing like a boy.

“So well, don’t forget our promise tomorrow” says… Sora.

“Wait, Yozora!”

“Taka.. how do you know my name?” she says, shocked.

“I’m leaving the city tomorrow!” cries Kodaka, “But even if we are apart, we will be friends forever! I won’t forget about you! I’m sorry, Yozora”

Kodaka finally is able to say what he couldn’t say ten years ago.

“I can’t forgive you. Die”

And all of a sudden, Yozora attacks him, ends up getting a horse head (like the one she used to scare Maria) and… Kodaka wakes up.

*Friends forever* - LOL.

Chaos2Frozen
2012-02-13, 20:57
Well... Kodaka never thinks about his own happiness. He really feels guilty because he left her alone. In the novel he even dreams that Yozora hates him now. Just look at the summaries of Novel 5.

“What are you muttering, Taka?”

Kodaka sees a boy… no, a girl, a black-haired girl wearing a cap and dressing like a boy.

“So well, don’t forget our promise tomorrow” says… Sora.

“Wait, Yozora!”

“Taka.. how do you know my name?” she says, shocked.

“I’m leaving the city tomorrow!” cries Kodaka, “But even if we are apart, we will be friends forever! I won’t forget about you! I’m sorry, Yozora”

Kodaka finally is able to say what he couldn’t say ten years ago.

“I can’t forgive you. Die”

And all of a sudden, Yozora attacks him, ends up getting a horse head (like the one she used to scare Maria) and… Kodaka wakes up.

That's... A comedy scene... You know that right... :heh: ?

Anyway if we go with that conversation he had with Rika, unless something changes in his personality, it's more accurate to say that Kodaka is all too conscious of his own personal happiness because he doesn't want to disrupt the status quot and just wants everyone to stay as friends because he's afraid of change.

Miraluka
2012-02-13, 22:24
Buriki is rather popular with his unique style and anyone can identify his work right away.
If by unique you mean ending his other works with that kind of sudden and troll endings... Seriously, putting aside I enjoy reading time to time the novels I never will get any hopes up for Hirasaka :uhoh:.

BTW, I find kind of disturbing that the reason he doesn't picks up a girl is that lame, IMO isn't any different from the usual dense boy all for the damn sake of the status quo and keep the series longer.

Chaos2Frozen
2012-02-13, 22:56
If by unique you mean ending his other works with that kind of sudden and troll endings... Seriously, putting aside I enjoy reading time to time the novels I never will get any hopes up for Hirasaka :uhoh:.

That's nice, but I'm pretty sure it also has nothing to do with Buriki :heh:

Miraluka
2012-02-13, 23:13
That's nice, but I'm pretty sure it also has nothing to do with Buriki :heh:

Buriki, yeah, I mixed names this time :heh:. Ironically he is working with an author I'm not fond of :eyespin:.

surerman
2012-02-13, 23:15

Anyway if we go with that conversation he had with Rika, unless something changes in his personality, it's more accurate to say that Kodaka is all too conscious of his own personal happiness because he doesn't want to disrupt the status quot and just wants everyone to stay as friends because he's afraid of change.

:twitch:
a Cancer?
hmm...I thought he was under Sagitarius banner..yeah! I'm talking about zodiac here...

about the girl he will choose...
no need to vote or argue...Pegasus daughter is the one he'll choose..with or without will...heck! even his father already approved:D

Yozora?, sorry for Yozora fans...but in my society... this kind of woman will die fast...be it by curses, isolation...or killed by one who's been hurt with her word.

The reason why serpent saliva that mean to it as digesting aid so deadly for other creature is because the heart in the body that pitch black from darkness and evil

just hear what Onizuka teach you about word..in bottom left panel (http://9.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/39/02-010.0/compressed/GTO_Vol02_ch010_03.jpg)

Chaos2Frozen
2012-02-13, 23:24
@surerman

Crazy drug-filled talks are for Infinite Stratos, not here :p

justinstrife
2012-02-13, 23:48
Lol yeah, no way was this statement in any way bias and driven by personal desires or spite.

Both of their comments were biased and driven by personal desires...

surerman
2012-02-14, 00:29
@surerman

Crazy drug-filled talks are for Infinite Stratos, not here :p

.hmm...not so smart I see...;)
what I mean is there's no reason for childhood friend to win Kodaka, and even the most silly reason to choose Sena is.. hair color :D

added the sharp tongue and ill mannered behavior of that black haired girl
and you'll know Kodaka offspring wouldn't have false hair color like him, when mate with Sena

see the underline?
no?....then I lost hope to explain why I associated Yozora with Serpent :(
me..and my poor english...

edited:
you're Yozora shipper...right? like to be abused...by words...right? :confused:
if yes then it's understandable ... phew!*relieved*...S&M soul inside hahahahaha :D
sorry! no offense..just learn something*bow down politely*

potchip
2012-02-14, 04:20
Like...your world is the otakudan world where girls, make moves, on boys, and the only worthy girls are those that give chase. As for the men of that world, all they gotta do, is to choose. Yep.

Oh wait, that's what defines a typical harem.

Sumeragi
2012-02-14, 04:26
I would like Yozora to have the boy.

mironicus
2012-02-14, 05:20
If Kodaka is not able to choose this also could happen...

http://i.imgur.com/jDp7P.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/uYZfD.jpg

Yuri Ending :D

Sumeragi
2012-02-14, 05:31

*Gets blood transfusion to make up for the nosebleed*

I support this motion. (ºДº)乃

mironicus
2012-02-14, 06:07
This kind of ending would satisfy me also. :)

surerman
2012-02-14, 06:15
I would like Yozora to have the boy.

which boy?:confused:
if it's Kodaka....it's just far far away dream....I bet a head of prisoner here for that :D

oh? :twitch:
black blood owner spotted :D
*prepare the sacrifice altar*

Sumeragi
2012-02-14, 06:27
which boy?:confused:
if it's Kodaka....it's just far far away dream....I bet a head of prisoner here for that :D
I bet a ton of cookies.

surerman
2012-02-14, 07:16
I bet a ton of cookies.

I like cookies :love:
in this Prison, we can ate cookies only once a year...:D
3 pieces of cookies with a plate size each:rolleyes: too bad, it's not crunchy anymore after 12 hours:(
--------------------------------------------------------
just found color H doujin of this series in Fakku:p
Kodaka gang banged by Yozora,Sena and Rika, but the one get his cock is Kobato:heh:

Chaos2Frozen
2012-02-14, 07:30
.hmm...not so smart I see...;)
what I mean is there's no reason for childhood friend to win Kodaka, and even the most silly reason to choose Sena is.. hair color :D

added the sharp tongue and ill mannered behavior of that black haired girl
and you'll know Kodaka offspring wouldn't have false hair color like him, when mate with Sena

see the underline?
no?....then I lost hope to explain why I associated Yozora with Serpent :(
me..and my poor english...

edited:
you're Yozora shipper...right? like to be abused...by words...right? :confused:
if yes then it's understandable ... phew!*relieved*...S&M soul inside hahahahaha :D
sorry! no offense..just learn something*bow down politely*

Lol surerman I'm not sure whether I should just let sleeping dogs lie or to reply you... Firstly Yozora's sharp tongue doesn't extend to Kodaka, so any arguments made for that, which is pretty much the main armament for any Sena fan, is automatically thrown out of court when applied to Kodaka :p

Secondly, and here's the kicker- Kobato feels safer with Yozora over Sena or even Rika :p Yozora is the only one that puts her mortal enemies (Sena and Maria) in their place. And more than anything Kodaka looks out for his little sister, and I would say she's the most important girl to him at this moment :p

And don't feel threaten about your poor English- I barely passed my O level English as well ;)

surerman
2012-02-14, 07:49
Lol surerman I'm not sure whether I should just let sleeping dogs lie or to reply you... Firstly Yozora's sharp tongue doesn't extend to Kodaka, so any arguments made for that, which is pretty much the main armament for any Sena fan, is automatically thrown out of court when applied to Kodaka :p

Secondly, and here's the kicker- Kobato feels safer with Yozora over Sena or even Rika :p Yozora is the only one that puts her mortal enemies (Sena and Maria) in their place. And more than anything Kodaka looks out for his little sister, and I would say she's the most important girl to him at this moment :p

And don't feel threaten about your poor English- I barely passed my O level English as well ;)
underline:
R U sure ? hehehehe;) even in their first meet (again) she's pretty much vicious

Kobato just need...adaptation to Sena overflowing love:p
btw
Sena overflowing love to Kobato is remind me to Ayaka Yukihiro that have same tendencies to Negi Springfield
Could it be that Sena also..:uhoh:

bold line:
WTF?! wahahahahaha:D
I thought U better than me:D
nah never mind, even in my main language I stuck in 4th level till now :p

LC
2012-02-15, 10:30
Though I would like Kodaka to end up with Yozora, it could really go either way.... The author might milk this triangle as long as he can unfortunately. I'll just hope the ending is not like the TV ending of Macross Frontier.

zeniselv
2012-02-15, 14:43
i do hate open endings like that, its the author the one that dont have the balls to make the decision, and so far as i remember there are only 2 manga/animes that havent ended with the "main heroine" first dragonball, second true tears(hell i hated that one).

mironicus
2012-02-15, 16:03
The author might milk this triangle as long as he can unfortunately.

The end of volume 7 gives some hint that Kodaka is about to realize that he has to go forward. So in volume 8 he will probably start to date the girls who asks him out.

Speculation: The first girl who will confess to him and ask him out will be Rika. She does not have any problems to show her feelings and so she will be the first one.

potchip
2012-02-15, 19:07
Realizing, and acting on that realization is different things.

Rika is simply out, doesn't matter what she says Kodaka just ignores, realising she has 'serious' moments notwithstanding. And admittedly, Rika's actually one of the more empathic person in the group, she actually understands other people's feelings, unlike the 2 main girls. She's overly undulgent on herself and less concerned about other's perceptions yet I don't think she's one to force herself upon another.

Both Sena and Yozora have already asked Kodaka out. The key issue is it has to be recognised by both parties as a date, with an objective from the beginning.

Miraluka
2012-02-15, 21:11
i do hate open endings like that, its the author the one that dont have the balls to make the decision, and so far as i remember there are only 2 manga/animes that havent ended with the "main heroine" first dragonball, second true tears(hell i hated that one).
Add to your list Shuffle and Mashiro iro Simphony. And as I said before, yes, the author is gonna milk the triangle as long as he can cause he doesn't have the balls to do so and sure doesn't even has a damn idea about what do with the series if that ever happens.

zeniselv
2012-02-16, 03:41
Add to your list Shuffle and Mashiro iro Simphony. And as I said before, yes, the author is gonna milk the triangle as long as he can cause he doesn't have the balls to do so and sure doesn't even has a damn idea about what do with the series if that ever happens.

then i guess i gotta finish watching mashiro:rolleyes:

im recalling that someone said before that past novels of this author tended to had some crazy plot twist so who knows, still i root for yozora.

novalysis
2012-02-16, 12:46

Isn't this rather clearly lampshaded in King of the Riajuus. Kodaka's reluctance to break out of the love-polygon is motivated by fear. Once he does that, what then? Will their incipient friendships fall apart once he commits? Does he feel secure enough in his friendships to break the hearts of all of his friends save the one he reciprocates to?

In a way, that's analogous to the author's dilemma, I suspect.

mironicus
2012-02-16, 14:29
You can also write your own ending. :D

zeniselv
2012-02-16, 22:41
Isn't this rather clearly lampshaded in King of the Riajuus. Kodaka's reluctance to break out of the love-polygon is motivated by fear. Once he does that, what then? Will their incipient friendships fall apart once he commits? Does he feel secure enough in his friendships to break the hearts of all of his friends save the one he reciprocates to?

well the author has done some analogies like that in the past, but here i think it plays a mors plot factor, you know its never coincidence a new characters show up.

also anyone heard anything about the next novel?

mironicus
2012-02-17, 07:30
:joke:

A new female transfer student will appear that also refers to Kodaka as "Taka". :heh:
She will claim that she already had sex with him and that she still likes him... :D

:joke:

dannclark
2012-02-17, 15:12

The vibe i get from him he doesnt really harbor proper feelings for any of them kodaka seems like the kind of guy that is better of ending up with the warm friendly nice girl due to his rather cold but still kind personality after all opposites attract kinda thing. Whether it be sena or yozora their both kind of... annoyingly cold? i dont know what you'd call yozora shes not a tsundere but shes not nice either shes just really... bland? kodoka sort of is as well but hes a nice guy hes just misunderstood. Then sena if you want me to choose between sena and yozora even though i dont think either are really a good match i'd pick her. Shes a tsundere to kodaka atleast when things get a bit mooshy and lovey dovey but shes cute aswell the astaroth chapter at the end her saying they have to date first was kind of cute. So yeah out of those two who i guess are the most likely romances for kodaka if he gets any at all sena would be the best bet and yozora stays as his best friend thats how i'd see it going, but i kind of hope its neither. Plus if he dates either he'll probably never make any male friends since their both apparently babes lol.

But in saying that i think its to late in the novel to introduce any new main characters so maybe he just confirms his feelings and stays friends with all of them? its honestly the only route i see logically.

Additionally whats the story with the student council president that yozora hates? could there maybe be some story behind that? maybe they were friends in the past afterall yozora did say she went to that theme park with a friend from middle school and it wasnt kodaka so?

i hope yusa aoi and student council prez get more involved and constant recurring characters it gets a little borin sometimes with just the neighbours club girls need some more variety.

Like i was saying in the previous post i think it would be better if he remained friends with all of them and got "miss. outsider" That none of them knew seems like the only option to keep all the friendships stable

Realizing, and acting on that realization is different things.

Rika is simply out, doesn't matter what she says Kodaka just ignores, realising she has 'serious' moments notwithstanding. And admittedly, Rika's actually one of the more empathic person in the group, she actually understands other people's feelings, unlike the 2 main girls. She's overly undulgent on herself and less concerned about other's perceptions yet I don't think she's one to force herself upon another.

Both Sena and Yozora have already asked Kodaka out. The key issue is it has to be recognised by both parties as a date, with an objective from the beginning.

What wait so they have both confessed their feelings and asked him out? interesting... but the fact he didnt recipricate says something... Maybe they'll introduce a new character next volume only kodaka comes into contact with for a while and he builds feelings for her that would be interesting

mironicus
2012-02-17, 16:33
kodaka seems like the kind of guy that is better of ending up with the warm friendly nice girl due to his rather cold but still kind personality

Kodakas impression of the girls:
Rika = warm friendly nice girl, she is Kodakas ideal type, but her personality grosses him out
Sena = high class lady, hard to approach
Yozora = distant, hard to approach

On the other side:
Kodaka = calm, friendly, dependable, distant and... hard to approach

What wait so they have both confessed their feelings

No, they haven't. They both can't express their feelings directly to him.
Being loners, they share the same problem to approach others. In the novel, Kodaka is very critical and there is really no person he actually accepts for being themselves. This is the reason why those kind of people are unable to make friends. They can't express their feelings for another directly because of the fear of rejection.

However... look at the movie script chapter in volume 7. Yozora made a script where some childhood friends (played by Kodaka and Yozora) ends up together. Sena and Rika protests and wants to rewrite the script so the guy Kodaka plays ends up with them instead. This chapter is so hilarious! :D

Okashira
2012-02-20, 21:55
Vexed released released 2 chapters

The author hyped up the vomit scene for way too long, which is worrisome on it's own accord

Miraluka
2012-02-21, 08:45
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7508.html

The author is suffering some illness and was admitted to the hospital because it was an emergency.

Lexxus
2012-02-21, 10:33
^ Any announcement that the series will be put in haitus? I hope not.

noobita
2012-02-21, 10:35
Why is all novel writer tend to have health issues?

Miraluka
2012-02-21, 10:36
^ Any announcement that the series will be put in haitus? I hope not.
This announcement implies there is a hiatus.

Okashira
2012-02-21, 16:02
This announcement implies there is a hiatus.

Thinking about it and based on release frequency, we should have had heard something about volume 8 preview text in December or January....

Now we are hearing about it, but it's sadly not good news. Let's hope that a long hiatus doesn't affect negatively the popularity of this series... Heck, better yet let's hope that there is no long hiatus at all :heh:

Chaos2Frozen
2012-02-21, 21:25
Why is all novel writer tend to have health issues?

A better question is why do they all seem to work for Media Factory...?

I guess writing Harem comedies does affect your health...

bakAnki
2012-02-21, 22:48
Rika kinda ruined giant mecha series for me, and now she will make me thing everyone whom like spicy food are masochist XD

It kinda feels like we're a group of friends who stopped by a fast food joint or something on the way home from school.
So he realized it :D

And Rika's trying to beat Krausser from DMC with all those f*cks? XD

Miraluka
2012-02-22, 08:46
Wasn't it "rape"? Guys, you shoud try the PSP game thread.

Flawfinder
2012-02-25, 19:17
You know, looking at the chapter where Yusa Aoi is introduced, I like how Kodaka kept on denying the accusations that he's Sena's boyfriend until he's called handsome. Afterwards, he's all too pleased to receive any comments.

dannclark
2012-02-27, 04:16
You know, looking at the chapter where Yusa Aoi is introduced, I like how Kodaka kept on denying the accusations that he's Sena's boyfriend until he's called handsome. Afterwards, he's all too pleased to receive any comments.

If you've lived your entire life as a "dangerous delinquent outsider" i can undertsand his reaction lol.

The most annoying thing with LN writers is when they do get sick they never tell us what its with or how long their going to be out for. But if its enough for him to mention and be emitted upon emergency its most likely life threating just like the author of ZnT :(

Its terrible that hes sick dude but i hope this doesnt get a rushed finish like ZnT this is such a good LN

larethian
2012-02-27, 04:52
Someone mentioned "acute pancreatitis". If it's true, it's understandable, since it's something that happens suddenly. MF should get Hirasaka to stop drinking after he recovers.

dannclark
2012-02-27, 05:26
Someone mentioned "acute pancreatitis". If it's true, it's understandable, since it's something that happens suddenly. MF should get Hirasaka to stop drinking after he recovers.

I see i hope this LN doesnt stop, just like black lagoon probably one of my favourtie manga and its been on hiatus for like 18 months so annoying man

Okashira
2012-02-27, 23:24
Vexed has updated yet another chapter (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Boku_wa_tomodachi_ga_sukunai:Volum e5_A_Tale_of_the_Unattached_and_the_Unlucky)

Great news, of course.

Rika : Those two share a cruel fate where they are destined to fight any time they look at each other.

Kodaka : It's pointless to try and make it sound cool...

"She's cute, and honest, and obedient!! And on top of that, she's serving him as a maid!! This is bullshit!!"

10 points to who can guess who said that.

Cosmic Eagle
2012-02-28, 02:14

That's not funny man....pancreatic disease....

Sumeragi
2012-02-28, 05:37
10 points to who can guess who said that.
Given that "honest" and "obedient" are in the description, I'm guessing Yozora?

larethian
2012-02-28, 06:04
That's not funny man....pancreatic disease....

According to pubmed, most cases of Acute pancreatitis go away in a week or two after active treatment. However, it is indeed a case of concern, especially if he often drinks alcohol, as it can develop into something more serious and irreversible in the long run. But right now, he's actively tweeting so my guess is that it's not something life-threatening right now. Just my guess though.

mironicus
2012-02-28, 08:49
...I hate this, I can't take it anymore... Why do I have such terrible luck... Why do things never go how I want them to...

Says Yozora... she really can't reflect about her own selfish actions taking advantage of others, she is just self-pitying herself. Everything should just work out her way as she likes it to be.

You'll always be my underling, both now and forever. I'll be counting on you.

Says Kodaka to Yukimura to cheer her up. Those are some strong and affectionate words that Kodaka never said to any girl yet.

Silverwyrm
2012-02-28, 16:24
Aww Kodaka misunderstood Rika and now she's gonna miss out on head pats :p

Chapter had me cracking up like usual, I love this story

dannclark
2012-02-28, 17:23
Says Yozora... she really can't reflect about her own selfish actions taking advantage of others, she is just self-pitying herself. Everything should just work out her way as she likes it to be.

Says Kodaka to Yukimura to cheer her up. Those are some strong and affectionate words that Kodaka never said to any girl yet.

He's your typical "slow" main lead he cant tell if a girl likes him even if shes openly obvious about it.

As for yozora i never really liked her being a tsun to the main char is one thing but shes just a bitch to everyone and picks on little kids. I was hoping for like a kind sweet girl to join the crew but i think the storys beyond introducing any new members now unless yusa aoi joins then theres hope for members to keep joining

Sumeragi
2012-02-28, 17:36
He's your typical "slow" main lead he cant tell if a girl likes him even if shes openly obvious about it.
It's a bit more complex than that. To me, it seems he's suppressing logic and ignoring the signs because any change might bring the whole club down. In a sense he's stuck in his own conceptions.

Johnny
2012-02-29, 04:17
It's a bit more complex than that. To me, it seems he's suppressing logic and ignoring the signs because any change might bring the whole club down. In a sense he's stuck in his own conceptions.

^This. Which a certain member will finally call him out on it later. Can't really blame him though. Unless we get a delicious harem end. Some hearts may be broken along with some friendships that might also be severed and he understands that...

bakAnki
2012-02-29, 23:17
"...Mu! ...Rika would've UNIVERSE'd at this situation just a short while ago... but what is this feeling... I can't describe it."
My favorite line this chapter XD

And daww, Maria and Kobato swimming on the onsen. Wonder how the two of them really look like, especially Kobato, when others aren't with them :3

But seriously, what is this 'family circumstances" Yukimura's talking about that make her wear male uniform on the school? I don't think her parents would go so far by faking her birth certificate or other documents, maybe Yukimura just persistent to wear male uniform even the teachers told her she's a girl off-screen (and thought they're joking) and just let her has her way? o.o

Sumeragi
2012-02-29, 23:36
But seriously, what is this 'family circumstances" Yukimura's talking about that make her wear male uniform on the school? I don't think her parents would go so far by faking her birth certificate or other documents, maybe Yukimura just persistent to wear male uniform even the teachers told her she's a girl off-screen (and thought they're joking) and just let her has her way? o.o
I'm guessing the yakuza :uhoh:

bakAnki
2012-02-29, 23:48
I'm guessing the yakuza :uhoh:

Does the PSP game tell or give us some hints of her family background? Since...
... I saw there are marriage ending for Yukimura route.

Haven't played the PSP game yet, Photo Kano took my game time XD

mironicus
2012-03-01, 06:27
But seriously, what is this 'family circumstances" Yukimura's talking about that make her wear male uniform on the school?

I bet even the author don't know that. :D
We don't even know anything about Rikas and Yozoras family, either.

Okashira
2012-03-01, 20:48
Given that "honest" and "obedient" are in the description, I'm guessing Yozora?

Prize★~ Though the "bullshit" (probably ふざけんな) was a big clue, I don't think the other club members have ever ranted like that :heh:

..... BTW, I haven't been able to read more about Hirasaka's situation, I mean; it's pretty obvious that there is going to be a hiatus and whatnot, but I think that they haven't been too official with it? I wanted to give myself the work of updating the status of this in some sites, but I want a better, official confirmation before dropping the gun.

Okashira
2012-03-03, 09:44
Vexed released another chapter.

Knightrunner
2012-03-04, 23:16
Vexed released another chapter.

Which chapter is that?

dannclark
2012-03-04, 23:25
i haven't really read fr into volume 7 but is there any implication that yusa aoi may join the neighbours club? If i remember correctly she refers to sena as a riajuu? Which would mean shes pretty unpopular herself if she doesnt even know how left out sena is lol

Flawfinder
2012-03-05, 22:02
I honestly think the club members now are enough. We need more side characters anyways. There are virtually no other students in this anime outside the club that have names.

zeniselv
2012-03-06, 04:40
I honestly think the club members now are enough. We need more side characters anyways. There are virtually no other students in this anime outside the club that have names.

i think thats whythere were new characters introduced, i do agree the balance in the club members, but they are stagger, new characters are probably to move forward development since clearly kodaka dont want/allows any as ting are right now.

mironicus
2012-03-06, 05:20
More side characters are better, like introducing Kodakas father or Senas mother for example.

Even some storys after Kodaka confesses to one of the girls and what that means for the club would be interesting enough (will they stay friends...?).

dragonroots
2012-03-07, 00:07
What wait so they have both confessed their feelings and asked him out? interesting... but the fact he didnt recipricate says something... Maybe they'll introduce a new character next volume only kodaka comes into contact with for a while and he builds feelings for her that would be interesting

They haven't confessed, but they have both asked him out through their own method. Sena asked him out to the pool saying she wanted to know how to swim in case one of her (game character) friends asks her to the beach, and Yozora asked him out to a movie (the way she did it was hilarious aswell) but disguised it as research for the movie they were filming.

Okashira
2012-03-12, 21:43
kinda "OT" but seanver did another summary (http://seanver.com/2012/03/08/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-volume-7-part-3/) for volume 7. The volume is not complete yet sounds kinda fun.

bakAnki
2012-03-16, 09:09
^And the next summary (http://seanver.com/2012/03/15/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-volume-7-part-4/) of v7 from Seanver...

Mr.Pathetic
2012-03-19, 10:23
hello where does everyone read the novel vol 1-7? i really really want to read it.. in baka-tsuki.org i tried to read it as much as i can but they didn't finish putting all volumes so.. im been wandering where did you read it? is it english or raw? please kindly reply.. ill really really appreciate your help!.

LC
2012-03-19, 16:23
hello where does everyone read the novel vol 1-7? i really really want to read it.. in baka-tsuki.org i tried to read it as much as i can but they didn't finish putting all volumes so.. im been wandering where did you read it? is it english or raw? please kindly reply.. ill really really appreciate your help!.
If you'd like to just know what happens, I'd head over to seanver.com. He has summaries for pretty much all the Haganai novels. :)

Okashira
2012-03-19, 23:50
Vexed released another chapter. Yukimura as a female butler and large amounts of finger porn are exactly what I expect from my daily doses of Haganai.

"He's a guy. He's a guy. He's a guy." ----------- "No, wait

Old habits die hard.

Yukimura : "That was splendid, Yozora-anego. I hope to one day possess the handsomeness of man while being a woman by birth, just as you have."

Yozora : "Eh? Ah... Uh-huh... I see."

Ouch.

Johnny
2012-03-20, 01:39
"She's totally moe!"

"I wanna cover Mebaru-chan in mayonnaise and lick it all off~"

"Uh, Rika wouldn't go that far..."
You now Sena is too far gone to help when she even surpassed Rika's limits...:heh:

Mr.Pathetic
2012-03-20, 01:48
If you'd like to just know what happens, I'd head over to seanver.com. He has summaries for pretty much all the Haganai novels. :)

wah how bout the translated one? im badly addicted in yozora and sena rivalry over kodaka >.< just cant wait

surerman
2012-03-20, 06:22
Ouch.

You should say "horray" instead:eyebrow:
the "Serpent woman" receive what she deserve, for all her deceiving deed to Maria, Sena, Kodaka, and Yukimura:mad:
The Butler chapter sure satisfying, hope to see more with this kind of content where this black haired bitch get 'kicked to trash can':D

now I wonder if Stella introduced to Yukimura, what her reaction will be:D
Kodaka: Stella-san this is Yukimura...
Stella: oh what a cute boy..:love: *get some breast erection*
Yukimura: I'm a girl *pout cutely*
Stella: .....:twitch:......*erection gone*

I just read it yesterday that Woman breast, like Penis will become harder when they aroused, altough I didn't know if it's true or not:confused:

Sumeragi
2012-03-20, 11:41
I just read it yesterday that Woman breast, like Penis will become harder when they aroused, altough I didn't know if it's true or not:confused:
That happens to both sexes.

LC
2012-03-20, 14:29
"......Damn it, I messed up, again..."

It seems that the more Yozora tries, the worse off she is. lol It's also funny that she apparently is the bifauxnen of the group, yet she's probably has the most feminine sensibilities besides Yukimura.

mironicus
2012-03-20, 15:34
She is always planning things and hopes that they work out for her favor. Look at Episode 12. For one month she walks around near Kodaka hoping he would remember her. And after remembering her she hopes they can remain their friendship or even fall in love - a happy ending like in a cheap manga story. She manipulates others and at the end it always backfires. She does not reflect her deeds and on the other hand she is pitying herself for being unlucky. She is always waiting that others approach her. But you can't make someone fall in love with you in this way.

Hagenai is somehow funny, yet very tragic. However... persons like Yozora with their problems actually exists in real life! Looking at the liner notes the author himself admits that this is a autobiographic story.

Yye1
2012-03-20, 18:57
Is there any word on the haganai and seitokai no ichizon crossover?

dragonroots
2012-03-20, 22:40
When i first saw the image of Kobato surrounded by classmates and Maria with a sadface i thought that Kobato was being bullied, when i read that she is actually popular i pulled a :twitch: HUH!, i mean yeah she's cute but the way she always acts it made more sense that she would be bullied. I'm guessing she doesn't like it when people flock to her and that's why she dislikes Sena so much (she is like her classmates on overdrive).

CrowKenobi
2012-03-21, 00:44
Is there any word on the haganai and seitokai no ichizon crossover?Have you checked this thread: Haganai / Seitokai no Ichizon Crossover Discussion Thread [novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109785)?

mironicus
2012-03-21, 04:27
When i first saw the image of Kobato surrounded by classmates and Maria with a sadface i thought that Kobato was being bullied, when i read that she is actually popular i pulled a :twitch: HUH!, i mean yeah she's cute but the way she always acts it made more sense that she would be bullied. I'm guessing she doesn't like it when people flock to her and that's why she dislikes Sena so much (she is like her classmates on overdrive).

She is actually being liked by her classmates, so they approach her and want to be friends, but she don't take their feelings seriously - just like Kodaka himself. Rika is pointing this out very good. Just wait for the next summary - it will be the last one for Volume 7.

surerman
2012-03-21, 07:08
She is always planning things and hopes that they work out for her favor. Look at Episode 12. For one month she walks around near Kodaka hoping he would remember her. And after remembering her she hopes they can remain their friendship or even fall in love - a happy ending like in a cheap manga story. She manipulates others and at the end it always backfires. She does not reflect her deeds and on the other hand she is pitying herself for being unlucky. She is always waiting that others approach her. But you can't make someone fall in love with you in this way.

Hagenai is somehow funny, yet very tragic. However... persons like Yozora with their problems actually exists in real life! Looking at the liner notes the author himself admits that this is a autobiographic story.
Let say : You reap what U sow:D

That happens to both sexes.
really?!!:twitch:
hmm...interesting :rolleyes:

Okashira
2012-03-23, 00:52
Vexed released a new chapter "Welcome to the word of Otomege". Yozora is so easy to understand.

novalysis
2012-03-23, 08:35
Wow, just wow. This is an excellent piece of Meta and Parody!

But in the same way, it really highlights all of Yozora's painful flaws.....

Somehow.... I wonder I do wonder what if Hagani was genderflipped...

No, scratch that. Male Rika would be one of the most disturbing characters ever.

mironicus
2012-03-23, 10:15
Poor Rika! She is such a straight character who can put her feelings into words.

She also could be the only girl who is able to push Kodaka forward after fully understanding him at the end of Volume 7.

LC
2012-03-23, 11:12
Somehow.... I wonder I do wonder what if Hagani was genderflipped...

No, scratch that. Male Rika would be one of the most disturbing characters ever.

I've been thinking about a gender-flipped Haganai as well, it would be interesting. I think that Male Sena's advances on Male Kobato would be disturbing as well. (Heck, they already are. :heh:)

As for the chapter, I'm liking Rika more and more. She's so straight-forward, and I wish she wasn't considered a side character.

"...She'll betray me... I just know that woman is going to betray me later..."

Yozora makes me sad sometimes. :( After ten years of assuming that her only friend betrayed her, no wonder she feels this way about people, even though Kodaka didn't do that really. She has to learn not to expect the worst in people. She's been carrying this problem for years, and, really, she's the most emotionally damaged character of this series. There's a lot of potential for growth in Yozora, and that's what makes her interesting.

"I've still got a chance to make it work with a stupid, friendless yankee in the real world!"

I hope she does, but Kodaka is getting on my nerves with his feigned ignorance of what's going on.

mironicus
2012-03-23, 12:18
Kodaka is getting on my nerves with his feigned ignorance of what's going on.

Not really "feigned". Kodaka himself is the hardest one to approach in the whole story, not able to realize why he can't make any friends. But there is Rika who points it out.

Johnny
2012-03-23, 15:41
No, I think it's mostly feigned when it concerns the club members. He just doesn't want things to change, because he's worried of what might happen...

Sumeragi
2012-03-23, 17:07
not able to realize why he can't make any friends. But there is Rika who points it out.
He knows why, but is denying it because he doesn't want the current situation to end.

potchip
2012-03-23, 17:25
And technically he's responsible for the 10 years of hurt - he also held back until the last day because he wants protect the now that he's enjoying and fearful of the future. And even then didn't tell the full story.

novalysis
2012-03-23, 17:53
At this point, he probably knows that should he reciprocate any of those signals the four girls are subtly hinting at him, it's possible that the strains of a romance would easily break the tenuous relationships between the members of Neighbor club. Their young friendships may not be able to survive it.

dannclark
2012-03-26, 23:04
At this point, he probably knows that should he reciprocate any of those signals the four girls are subtly hinting at him, it's possible that the strains of a romance would easily break the tenuous relationships between the members of Neighbor club. Their young friendships may not be able to survive it.

Also if he picks one then its basically the end of the light novel, so i hope he doesnt for while and the humorous situations continue!

noobita
2012-03-27, 11:55

May I know which chapter or where you see it?

dragonroots
2012-03-27, 17:55
@noobita
http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=File:Hgn7_235.jpg is the image

http://seanver.com/2012/03/15/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-volume-7-part-4/is the summary of the chapter that image is in.

noobita
2012-03-27, 23:29
@noobita
http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=File:Hgn7_235.jpg is the image

http://seanver.com/2012/03/15/boku-wa-tomodachi-ga-sukunai-volume-7-part-4/is the summary of the chapter that image is in.

Thanks for the link. :)

zeniselv
2012-03-29, 23:21
any news about the author?

Okashira
2012-03-31, 05:01
any news about the author?

I have checked official sites and pretty much the only "news" is the date of the 4th volume of the manga.

The one that "I think" is the official site of the author has been closed for a while (way before he even got sick).

.... Hasn't someone actually heard anything? I figure that I can't be up to date unless I follow magazine interviews (which I don't) or something.

Okashira
2012-04-05, 02:16
Vexed released another chapter. Blonde Rika FTW

ars89
2012-04-07, 17:31
I just started reading this, just as a gauge what volume did the anime stop at?

Okashira
2012-04-09, 01:08
I just started reading this, just as a gauge what volume did the anime stop at?

The end of volume 3. However, the anime skipped many, many events and jokes, so don't take that to heart, I can only advice to read everything from the start.

Vexed just released the start of volume 6.
Yozora's triumphant expression in the illustration is priceless

Johnny
2012-04-09, 11:36
Just goes to show that Kodaka's desperation is making him into a douchebag. Cure him Rika, cure his ass...!!!

SoloPanda
2012-04-09, 15:19
Yozora really rubbing it in... like grinding your heal into someones cheek after beating them up..... ah well that's very Yozora like, and amusing.

surerman
2012-04-12, 15:23
btw
does [mod edit: Yozora...] realize, because she exposed her relation ship with Kodaka as friend, that mean she didn't need to be in the club anymore? she already achieve her goal (to make friend) the reason why one joined Neighbor Club:confused:?

SoloPanda
2012-04-14, 16:16
btw
does [mod edit: Yozora...] realize, because she exposed her relation ship with Kodaka as friend, that mean she didn't need to be in the club anymore? she already achieve her goal (to make friend) the reason why one joined Neighbor Club:confused:?

I think the goal is to become a "Normal" and make 100 friends, or alot of friends. I don't think anyone alive would consider Yozora a normal.

Sumeragi
2012-04-14, 16:26
btw

You forgot: They USED to be friends.

novalysis
2012-04-15, 11:36
You forgot: They USED to be friends.

From an objective perspective, by Volume 6, they are friends by any other name. Whatever their willful refusal to completely acknowledge that, I'd say that they've slipped up into the Friendzone from Acquaintanceship or Club-mate. A fact, I'd imagine that both Rika and Kodaka are most aware of consciously (at least, as we can see), even if Sena and Yozora and Yukimura aren't.

I'd imagine Rika's main fear right now is BEING left in the Friendzone.

Scratch that. All the girls are subconsciously trying to get above the Friendzone.

mironicus
2012-04-15, 14:28
Kodaka tries his best to treat all the girls equally and not to prefer anyone (seeing them as targets). The club and the members are a community of purpose.

I guess that also the girls (mostly Sena) are aware that the club might be not the same if they all acknowledge that they are friends. It's significant that even Sena waived to pursue Kodaka romantically. From this standpoint they all hold back their feelings.

Fallen3dge
2012-04-15, 23:30
So sena chose the club over kodaka? I cant see yozora doing that though

Okashira
2012-04-16, 03:55
Vexed release yet another chap.

Y : "...S-so, you know, Kodaka, on the day of the festival, you and I should——"

S : "I know! We can just make something for the cultural festival as the Neighbors Club!"

Sena declared in a booming voice, cutting off Yozora, who was trying to mumble something to me.

Y : "...Meeeeeeaaattt...!!"

S : "W-why are you glaring at me!?"

novalysis
2012-04-16, 08:20
So sena chose the club over kodaka? I cant see yozora doing that though

Sena's conflicted, I'd imagine. But then again, there are some implications that Sena is Bisexual in orientation....

Though indeed, if Kodaka and Sena do marry, I'd both envy and pity Kobato. My sister in law is a lesbian, and has hots for me indeed.

Kirito
2012-04-17, 21:13
It kind of makes sense considering that the club has the people who're starting to matter to her, and it's like a "oasis" to her in someways. Being in the club allows her to be herself and wants to keep things the way they are without so much has having to dramatically changing anything aka possibly going out with Kodaka (it's obvious she's in love with him) etc.

It's just my thoughts on the volumes and the stuff I've read for the past 7 volumes.

potchip
2012-04-18, 03:55
Hah..you guys got sucked into the romantic part of this romantic comedy..

As it currently stands, things that pleases Sena, in ranking:

1. Able to do XX+OO to Kobato
2. Yozora become submissive to Sena
3. Able to step on Yozora
4. Be praised by Yozora
5. Be merely acknowledged by Yozora
Somewhere down the list is Kodaka.

As for Yozora, it goes something like this:
1. Back to 10 years ago
2. Cats
3. Kodaka begging to resume past friendship
4. Special friend status with Kodaka present tense
5. Turn Sena into Meat
Somewhere down the list is current (actual) situation with Kodaka

So in a way they've found an equilibrium of sorts..

Johnny
2012-04-18, 04:13
In short, Sena is full of herself, Yozora is stuck in the past, and Kodako is doing his best at playing the dense card...