Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Jan-Poo

Notices

Conversation Between Jan-Poo and Goose Boy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Goose Boy
    2009-04-22 15:38
    Goose Boy
    I also learned by myself, because I speak spanish I read a very very very complete mexican page with all the theory. I get the kanjis from this site: www.kanjiroushi.net I memorize them to disting them too. Im learning kanji as the noryoku system.
  2. Jan-Poo
    2009-04-22 11:56
    Jan-Poo
    we are pretty much at the same level then, i'm following the Japanese school grade system. There are some that think this is bad choice for non native speakers, but so far it's working for me. I'm using kanjigold: http://web.uvic.ca/kanji-gold/
    My memory does wonders with quiz based stuff, so this is the best system for me, also i don't really need to know how to write kanji, just being able to recognize them is enough.
    I hav memorized the 80 grade1 kanji and the 160 grade2 kanji and i'm working on grade3. currently at 140.
    This however will only work to familiarize with the symbols and related concepts, i'm also learning the most common "yomi" related to them but that's not enough. I get the best results when i can associate the kanji to words that i'm familiar with. For example when i see the kanji "兄" i think about "oniichan" ^^;
    Once i have learned the thousand or so kanji up to grade6 i'll start with reading and translating texts.
    I've been told that it migh be useful to start with folklore stories and i found this site: http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Gaien/7211/
    It also offers a translated version that might help me understanding the more obscure syntax forms.
  3. Goose Boy
    2009-04-22 10:53
    Goose Boy
    Me too... I already know 325 kanjis ( I count them) and I started from august... Also, I can read somewhat a visual novel, but I only get a very general and not specific idea.
  4. Jan-Poo
    2009-04-21 23:35
    Jan-Poo
    Yes i'm trying. I'm studying Kanji right now but i've got a long way ahead of me, i don't think i'll be able to play any VN in their original language in the near future.
  5. Goose Boy
    2009-04-21 22:44
    Goose Boy
    Hm, are you also learning japanese?