Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Keroko

Notices

Conversation Between Keroko and Gespenst
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Gespenst
    2010-01-25 15:46
    Gespenst
    Quote:
    Hah! You think. Pigeons hold prime spot there.
    Hm, that's true. Rat ********.

Actually Seagulls are worse.

Quote:
    What Fate would have done is irrelevant here, point is that someone can be called cruel for an act -or lack thereof- that does not involve malice.
    I don't think I would. I find it a little hard to imagine cruelty by omission.

Quote:
    Prosecution would have a field day with that. They already have the act (several cases, in fact) and with Fate's words at the end, proof of the willingness to perform said acts.
    Uh... something about contemporaneity?

I dunno I'm not going to argue law into Nanoha.

Quote:
    Oh well, I like Jail, so I don't really mind the comparison. :3
    I don't like him at all really. For some reason he reminds me of an unsympathetic Shu Shirakawa.
  2. Gespenst
    2010-01-25 15:07
    Gespenst
    Quote:
    Doing this, I can say Jail is a good guy just because he made a few selfless comments to the numbers
    I don't think so.

Seriously I can't think of a single example. :O

Quote:
    Jail comparison, I can pull a few quotes from the manga where he is talking like a loving father and say
    Counterpoint. Blatant lies.

Quote:
    harmless kitty
    Hardly. In the first place it's a cat. Next to humans cats are the most spiteful creatures on the planet. In the second, you have to ask yourself why it wanted to be so big in the first place. If cats could they'd eat you and everyone you cared about.

I was joking but thinking about lions...

Anyway, wasn't the cat fine afterwards? All you can accuse her of then is of robbing the cat of it's dream of being 50ft tall and eating everyone. Which some would call a good thing. I'm not sure that you're meant to root for the monster in monster movies.

Quote:
    See above. A person needs not be Mean, heartless, brutal, sadistic or vicious when not helping someone, yet can still be called cruel for not doing so. Weather can't even express that, and still be called cruel.
    So, if we're not going to follow the dictionary definition what does cruel mean?

Or ...should I have added "hard, harsh, severe"?

Quote:
    And yet we have sayings such as 'it's cruel weather outside' or one can call someone cruel for not helping someone who fell of a bike
    Counterpoint, that's just pathetic fallacy, and in fact I rather think that it is intended to make the weather seem malicious. All things considered it's hard to think of the weather as benign. And as for the biker, is that anything more than apathy? Also I bet Fate would stop to help a fallen biker.

Quote:
    I'm blaming her for something she offered to do.
    Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea. ...that goes the other way around too.

Quote:
    And no, I'm not giving the poor girl a break. She was working on world destruction long before she got tossed aside by Precia.
    Now that's cruel. (hard, heartless, unforgiving)

Oh, I think we need to put the definition we mean every time we use the word now.

Quote:
    was obviously far less friendly than what Nanoha was doing. Or trying to, at any rate.
    Well they needed them to have some reason to fight.

Quote:
    Jail has a multiitude of things to be ashamed of. For Fate, you're slapping her with the 'she's a bad person" tag for a few "bad" things she did for a harmless wish...Which is honestly more a subjective opinion than anything.
    When you say it like that I can't help but think that Keroko is doing the same thing that Scaglietti did in episode 24 of StrikerS. Which has quite ruined my mental image of you I must say. :P

Quote:
    You seem to think people can't be emotionally distressed to the point...
    Like I said. Nine-year-old girl.

Edit: v Well then. I guess this has been an argument about nothing.
  3. Gespenst
    2010-01-25 10:40
    Gespenst
    Quote:
    For the sake of this threads purity, I'll take it to your profile instead
    I'm not sure why that's better but since you've started here now...

Quote:
    If I told you I hurt kitties because my mom told me to, would you consider me cruel?
    (That's why I wasn't sure quite how to explain how I fellt at the time)

Probably but that really depends on the circumstances doesn't it? If you are a grown man I'd hold you to a higher standard than I would an abused, lonely, frightened nine-year-old girl who'd do anything to make her mother 'better'. Also that cat was huge, I'm sure it was quite capable of taking care of itself.

Quote:
    Malign intend is not required
    Cruel?

Mean, heartless, brutal, sadistic, vicious?

I'd say that it was almost a prerequsite.