AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 78
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2013-01-22 08:31
    Guardian Enzo
    Camera = romance is pretty much B Gata H Kei except with a harem, ne?

Isn't this the same author as Amagami SS?
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-22 04:59
    0utf0xZer0
    Synopsis for Photo Kano:

The story revolves around the male protagonist who just got a DSLR camera from his dad and starts to develop photography as his new hobby. A harem comes out of this.

…Wow, a harem show with a plausible plot device for once.
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2013-01-03 08:09
    Guardian Enzo
    Thanks for the reply. Based on what I saw (signage, etc, people being stopped by staff) it seems to be more strictly enforced. I'm happy to abide by it - if that's what cosplayers want than they should have it - I was just curious as to why, because it didn't make sense to me as a non-cosplayer.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-03 03:20
    0utf0xZer0
    Re: the cosplay photography etiquette note in your comiket post:

As far as I am aware, "ask first" is part of the etiquette for cosplay photos at local cons too. That said, I don't ask if the person is already being photographed and I've noticed many other people don't either. Actually, many of my best photos have come from running across an interesting shoot in progress and shadowing their photographers for a bit, I almost always get a better show doing that than asking for a couple snapshots after. Did you notice similar behaviour at comiket, or is the rule more strictly enforced there?
  5. Guardian Enzo
    2012-12-04 05:08
    Guardian Enzo
    Sadly, those off weeks very much impact my overall regard for the series - both in Sakurasou's case and HSI's case. It's a good comparison.

As for LB, I actually totally loved this episode - and it seems to be one of the most poorly received of them all. I'm pretty much at the point where I think as soon as JC Staff was announced as the studio (which I predicted after the first preview) the die was cast...
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-12-04 04:12
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    I’m under no illusions that LB is going to win over legions of new fans (or win back disgruntled old ones) with an episode like this one – I suspect it was strictly preaching to the choir.
    You know, two weeks ago I would have said that Sakurasou was eating LB for lunch and Chuunibyou was picking clean the carcass* - in particular I remember feeling that Komari was a pretty weak character - but it feels like the show finally struck gold with last week's Kud episode and is back in the running. So I wouldn't necessarily write off the impact of these episodes just yet.

Course, I routinely say that I found KyoAni's Key works a bit hit and miss depending on the arc and champion increased recognition of many of their competitiors (EF, Sola, Iriya no Sora, etc.), so could accurately say my opinion on those works isn't the norm among moe-romance fans.

(*Re: Sakurasou: Yes, I am remembering that two weeks ago was that episode. Sakurasou is a lot like Hanasaku Iroha and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia for me in that I love the goods parts of the show so much that the off weeks have had almost no impact on my overall enthusiasm for the series.)
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-11-28 01:36
    0utf0xZer0
    Eh, my personal guess would actually be no, a large portion of attendees aren't going to get it even on the Vancouver scene - though I suspect that the group that does get it is a lot more likely to want photos. But I wanted to here some other opinion on it.

BTW, I tried writing a list of (teenaged) anime girls under 150cm/4'11" in various shows:
    K-On!: None
    EF: None
    Madoka Magica: None
    All Key anime adaptations: Kud (145cm)
    Tari Tari: Konatsu (149 cm)
    Mashiro-iro Symphony: Sana (148 cm), Miu (146 cm)
    Hanasaku Iroha: Ohana (147cm)
    Steins;Gate: Feyris (143cm)

... Some of those really don't come across in the shows themselves.
  8. Guardian Enzo
    2012-11-27 19:10
    Guardian Enzo
    Honestly, I know so little about cosplay that it's hard to have an opinion. Maybe KyoAni has enough exposure that most people everywhere will know the Hyouka reference?
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-11-27 11:51
    0utf0xZer0
    Anime conventions, or at least anime dominated conventions (as Cos and Effect is marketed a bit more broadly).

My girlfriend was giving strong consideration to it for her next cosplay (because she thinks its cute and probably because she looks the part too) but I think I might have put her off by saying I thought most people wouldn't get it.
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2012-11-27 06:44
    Guardian Enzo
    Where is the cosplaying taking place? I think that's an important variable.