Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and sa547
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 27
  1. totoum
    2012-07-18 04:27
    totoum
    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier on my last comment,I very much mean "unpredictable" when I use typhoon,in no way would I want to compare her to Urobuchi or Anno

also wanted to make a remark about a comment in the rinne no lagrange thread:

Quote:
    With the director now having more time after the conclusion of Moretsu Pirates, I'm sure he'll bring up this installment with greater attention and craftsmanship.
    Though both started airing at the same time Moretsu pirates' was finished before it started airing (a rarity in anime I know) so he hasn't been working on it recently.
    Sato had a much more hands on approach to Moretsu Pirates since he was vredited as both director and series composer while he's just credited as "chief director" for rinne no lagrange which is more of a supervising role,of course he's still "the boss" but the job title means he'll be less "hands on" than in moretsu pirates
  2. sa547
    2012-07-02 07:07
    sa547
    To clarify: I use the word "typhoon" to describe the unpredictability it could happen to AKB0048's storyline in the next 3 episodes than to -- as I am more of a casual viewer than a critic -- describe Okada's behavior as a writer and as an individual; only Gen Urobuchi and Hideaki Anno -- through their works -- had the capacity to leave me astonished and devastated.

Furthermore, I can't try to sum and judge her personality very well because out of many that are purported to be called "trainwrecks", I know only and been entertained by two of her works: 0048, and before that, Toradora.
  3. totoum
    2012-07-02 03:44
    totoum
    "Typhoon Okada" , that's great!I'm so stealing that!
  4. totoum
    2012-06-20 06:52
    totoum
    Quote:
    (Offtopic) Find me any recent anime production that doesn't rely on third-party subcontractors.
    Makoto Shinkai movies is the only thing I can come up with.

Kyoani is close,they do subcontract in between and finish animation to one other studio but they actually own that studio so you could say they're subcontracting themselves,however they sometimes rely on others for backrounds.

That being said subcontracting doesn't automatically mean the show will look bad,there's also subcontracting to make an episode standout,here's a couple kyoani examples
    A couple other are episode 17 of idolm@ster subcontracted to Trigger (= old gainax staff) or episode 3 of Mirai Nikki being subcontracted to production IG which means it was one of the best lookin episodes of the show.

There's also a few shows that rely a lot on subcontracting that still look quite good such as Hanasaku Iroha and Guilty Crown for example.
  5. sa547
    2012-05-28 22:10
    sa547
    Hehe, Nakayan's long-standing ambition is becoming true, like turning up roses.
  6. totoum
    2012-05-28 12:36
    totoum
    I thought this would interest you:
    One of the AKB48 girls got herself a leading role in an upcoming anime
  7. sa547
    2012-05-05 22:14
    sa547
    Yep, I noticed that there's one BR while checking out that page at Amazon.
  8. totoum
  9. sa547
    2012-05-01 10:27
    sa547
    Unfortunately, as the answers are hard-coded into the pictures, it's hard for non-Japanese to read them easily. Instead, some of the character profiles (I think it's somewhere in the thread) provide a description about their personalities.
  10. totoum
    2012-05-01 09:46
    totoum
    Hey just wondering about that quiz,I can get google to translate the questions but not the answers,are you guys just answering randomly?