Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Ray

Notices

Conversation Between Ray and SilverSyko
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 167
  1. SilverSyko
    2013-01-25 20:10
    SilverSyko
    The first four .hack games are pretty good, but the G.U. trilogy is brilliant if you ask me. It's very hard to go into detail about why they're so great without spoiling anything though. I figure it's something you need to experience for yourself.

In Graces? Malik most definitely. I have a bit of fondness for Hubert, Pascal and Sophie too, but I wouldn't call them favorites.

Mmm I'd rather not have romance in an adventure game. But if it's subtle then I don't have much of an issue.
  2. Ray
    2013-01-25 17:30
    Ray
    Ah, my bad. Well, time and money are two factors that I have to consider, especially when there are other games that I know I'd enjoy more.

Ahhh, I see what you mean. Oh, how are the .hack games?

Hm, who's yer favourite character in Graces then?

Oh.. I didn't know that. Yeah, it was.

Well, it's a must if you enjoy romance focuses action/adventure/rpg games (which I do).
  3. SilverSyko
    2013-01-23 20:48
    SilverSyko
    Symphonia 1 is for Gamecube and 2 is for the Wii. Also, if you've already played games from the Tales series already and enjoyed them, I don't see why you shouldn't get Xillia.

Mmmm, a lot of the characters are very meh to me and it generally deals with bad things in a very light-hearted way. I guess I just feel particularly detached and while they're interesting tales (lol) with very developed worlds, I don't feel particularly immersed or caring for the characters. If I had to rank it in favorite JRPG series' though it'd be number 4, right below Kingdom Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei and .hack.

I do like a couple characters from the series though. Don't get me wrong.

Eternia wasn't originally for handheld though. It was originally on PS1 and the PSP version was a remake. Didn't know it was localized though.

Heard of Pandora's Tower, but I don't know anything about it because it didn't really catch my attention.
  4. Ray
    2013-01-23 20:01
    Ray
    Yeah, I've heard so much about them, but only played a few. Ah yes, I've heard of both the Symphonia games. They're for the Wii, yeah? I'll consider buying Xillia's localization if I hear good things about it.

What certain things do you speak of, and what series would you put above it?

I'm actually currently recording myself play through Pandora's Tower for the Wii.

Well, yeah, but I'm just happy Eternia was because that was my first Tales of game, and I loved it to bits.

Haha, yep.
  5. SilverSyko
    2013-01-23 19:33
    SilverSyko
    Only two huh? That's surprising. I've finished three: Symphonia, Abyss and Graces f. I've played Legendia but never finished it, and I'm currently playing through Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World. I'll be buying Xillia's localization when it's released too. It's a good series, but due to certain things I'd put other JRPG series' above it.

It's a shame none of the handheld Tales games seem to get localized.

DAT ASS. One of my more clever ideas for an avatar that's for sure.
  6. Ray
    2013-01-23 19:19
    Ray
    No problem. Yeah, it's still quite a lot of episode to download.

Yeah, I have. Only two, though. Eternia (PSP) and Graces f. I was planning on importing Xillia, but changed my mind. How about yourself?

Oh, and that's a neat avatar you got there~
  7. SilverSyko
    2013-01-23 19:15
    SilverSyko
    Thanks mate. Though it looks like this may take a while even if I remove all the episodes I've already watched.

BTW, I wanna ask you, you like fantasy yeah? Have you ever played any games from the Tales series before?
  8. Ray
    2013-01-23 19:06
    Ray
    Okay, PM sent.

Yeah, Zexal is a massive step back.
  9. SilverSyko
    2013-01-22 23:36
    SilverSyko
    I'm already past episode 110 so that sounds good to me. If they're subbed episodes, sure link it.~

Eh, I'm not really interested in 5D's. GX is about where my interest for the Yu-Gi-Oh anime stops really. Though I will say it at least looks better than Zexal.

Heck I don't even like using Synchro cards in the actual card game.
  10. Ray
    2013-01-22 21:34
    Ray
    My reason for asking was because I found a torrent which is missing some files (episode 70ish~110ish), but it has the rest. Of course, they're not done by Lance, but they still seem quality enough. You interested?

I put GX on hold and tried 5D's, and I ended up loving it. Just finished the first season, and while it was great, I learned some things about the show that I know will make me despise some parts in the show later on, and I don't know if I should continue on because of that. Blah, it's a such a shame.