Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Quzor

Notices

Conversation Between Quzor and Ledgem
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Quzor
    2020-07-05 03:47
    Quzor
    Hey Ledgem!

Hope all is well with you! Somehow this website popped into my memory, and I saw I had an unread message from you. I'm not sure how often I'll be around here (I'm still a reddit slave), but I hope everything is going well for you in 2020, and that you're having a great 4th. All the best!
  2. Ledgem
    2014-08-24 05:47
    Ledgem
    Not a problem! I'm also not logging in regularly, so having a lag time from months to years to respond to messages is about my pace. It's good to hear from you, regardless!
  3. Quzor
    2014-07-09 18:25
    Quzor
    Hey Ledgem, been bloody forever since I've been here. In truth, I kinda forgot this website existed for a while. I got sucked in to reddit, and I've only barely managed to find my way out. Hopefully things have been going well for you these past couple of years. Sorry about never getting back to you before; I think I just logged in and logged out to see if I remembered my password.
  4. Ledgem
    2012-01-31 23:26
    Ledgem
    Well, I see you logged in since my last message to you. Still wondering what you're up to. Hope all is well.
  5. Ledgem
    2010-11-29 00:05
    Ledgem
    Hey Quzor. I haven't been on AnimeSuki for a while, and just figured that I'd check up on some key people... you're one of them! I see you're not terribly active these days, either. I hope things are going well for you.
  6. Quzor
    2009-10-01 14:57
    Quzor
    I'm always up for a bit of banter.

I suppose I never really thought if it like that, but that seems to be a logical way of looking at religion. In my head, I may have been thinking of it that way, but I'm so often unable to adequately reconcile what's in my head with what comes out of my mouth. Often times, going back to restate my case, or having someone put it in simpler terms, helps me to better understand what I think I was thinking.

As for the information thing, I'm starting to believe that's a consequence of the world we live in. The daily assault on our senses seems to be increasing at an alarming rate, and I often find myself having to switch my mind off, just to feel like I'm not totally overwhelmed. As for becoming too specialized, it seems to have some good and bad qualities associated with it, much like anything else. For me, it's all about the interpretation. When you're dealing with a lot of the same stlye of information regularly, I think it becomes easier for your brain to handle that, and you tend to drift toward information of that nature. On the up side, it becomes easier to understand anything presented in that fashion, or on that topic. On the down side, our brains seem to shy away from things that look uncomfortable, or too complicated, or what have you. I noticed that, during some college courses I was taking. Math, and things that had roots in math, seemed rather easy to grasp, while subjects and topics I couldn't relate to math had difficulty taking root in my head.

I haven't really been up to too much lately. Life has been pretty good about throwing me some hefty curve balls. I got in to some pretty serious trouble a couple years back (not too long after I joined here), and I'm just coming to the end of dealing with all of that. I was finally able to find a job, so I'm counting my blessings about that. Even thought it's not what I'd like as a career, it's a regular paycheck and something I enjoy, so I can't be too upset about it. I wish I could say I've been doing more, but unfortunately I haven't. With all of the legal stuff that I've been dealing with over the past couple of years, I've really been confined to the house, or to work. There hasn't been too much time for real life, so I've been enveloping myself in the fantasy worlds of different video games.

I suppose that's about all I've got for now. How about yourself? Where has the road of life been leading you these days?
  7. Ledgem
    2009-10-01 09:30
    Ledgem
    Hey, thanks for the message! It's nice to see you back, and I'm glad to hear that things are settling down in reality.

I'm not sure that too much religion would lead to the demise of the world. Well, perhaps it would if the religion that took hold were one of the types that believes everything will be paradise after "the apocalypse" (such to the point that you'd almost think they were trying to make it come about). I think of religion as being similar to communism, in a sense: at their ideal, both are really fantastic and designed to make life for everyone wonderful; the problem is that people screw up in their implementation and it just leads to big problems.

Religiously speaking I wouldn't say that I follow any subscribed faith, nor do religious thoughts occupy my mind much of the time. I very much like the phrase "God helps those who help themselves" and your writing about how God can know what the consequences of your actions will be, but not what action you will take, sort of fits into that line of thinking. I thought it was a neat idea, and strangely, I'd never heard of it nor had it occurred to me before.

I heartily agree with your thoughts on gaining knowledge. Lately I've been feeling like I'm becoming too specialized and that it's more difficult to absorb random, unrelated knowledge as easily as I once did... it's probably just due to a lack of free time, or perhaps dealing with more information in each day than I used to.

Well, that's that. If you're up for a bit of banter, what have you been up to lately?
  8. Quzor
    2009-10-01 02:05
    Quzor
    Hey there. I noticed you'd made a stop by my personal page here, so I thought I'd drop a line and see how things were going with you. It's been quite a few months since I've perused these forums, what with real life getting in the way and all, but I seem to be hanging around here more and more as everything starts to settle in.

As to the religion thing; I've always had this, perhaps slightly irrational, fear that too much focus in religion will lead to the ultimate demise of the world. This is due, perhaps, to my limited knowledge of any religions outside of those I was around while growing up. As much as I try to gain greater understanding of those things about which I'm not really aware, there's always that prodding thought in the back of my head that this will lead to nothing good. All that aside, I still think it's important to try and gain as much knowledge as possible, as you never know when something you've learned can come in handy, or be of great value.

Anywho... glad to see you're still around here. Hope all is going well with whatever path life currently has you following.