AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 45
  1. Last Sinner
    2013-01-16 13:49
    Last Sinner
    If you want the ultimate morality meter that will make you care and leave you chilled afterwards, Spec Ops: The Line will do that. Christ...this game will haunt me forever...
  2. Last Sinner
    2013-01-05 00:26
    Last Sinner
    Overall, enjoyed it. It's less grindy than Persona 4, which is VERY welcome. The characters, the more adult material, its self-parodying yet somewhat serious look at marriage (wouldn't be an Atlus game if it didn't parody itself), the music (Shoji Meguro ftw). Mainly positives. The difficulty curve is what irks me. If you asked me what nights were the hardest, I'd say 5 and 6 (Quadrangle and Clock Tower). Spiral Corridor supposedly looked harder but its tricks made sense to me. Cathedral is a cakewalk. The Empireo is far more dodging Mutton than finding the right path. It felt like the game just utterly leapfrogged in difficulty halfway through then plateaued.

It's a good figure. Not spectacular, but better than average. As for putting on display, most of my figures are in a cupboard, so nothing to worry about seeing. Besides, around 20 of my other figures are more dangerous than Catherine by far.

You'd be surprised how much simplicity eludes people.

Yeah it was fun. Maybe a bit short though. 8.5/10

It's fine, I get most people are in limo or recuperating lately. Hope it isn't too hot where you are, because it is here. 45 degress yesterday.

Vincent - amusing torment target? Serious mode, the fact he's got a woman with a good career and family prospects but hasn't acted on it for FIVE YEARS astounds me. He earnt his redemption and second chance, so he deserves to be with someone.

Katherine - kind of woman that would help someone become a better person. Somewhat overbearing and maybe should communicate more...but more positives than negatives.

Catherine - The girl's bad news. Self-absorbed and a psycho. Even with looks, she's not my type. Free sex doesn't equate to happiness for me. Nor does a harem.
  3. Arabesque
    2013-01-04 21:31
    Arabesque
    Also, do you have any further thoughts on Vincent now that you played through the end with him? Same question with both Katherine and Catherine.
  4. Arabesque
    2013-01-04 21:27
    Arabesque
    First of all, thank you for the well wishes and a happy new year

Congrats on finishing the game. I suppose it's obvious that you'd end up with Katherine in the end game (going by what you said earlier) but I'm somewhat surprised that you got the True Ending in your first play through, considering that it is considerable difficult to reach).

So, thoughts on the game? I'm assuming that you enjoyed it greatly (if not, why would you order those figures :P?) BTW, I also placed an order for the Katherine figure from amiami, but since I combined it with my monthly order I couldn't manage to receive it before my trip. And that's ONLY the Katherine figure though, since it's the only one I would be willing to actualy place on table and not worry about people seeing it lol

The Katherine True Ending is pretty nice, despite the WTF-ry of Erica's secret coming out so ... casually? You'd think it would've been a more heavy subject than to just drop so easily as a throw away line.

Also, I didn't like how Atlus felt it was necessary to have an entire section of the end game devoted to explaining just what is the meaning of the ending and the Red/Blue system. It felt too much like they were worried that people won't get the meaning even though it wasn't that particular hard to understand.

Still, it was a good game with a very great premise. I have some minor issues with it, but overal it was very enjoyable. I look forward to hearing what you have to say about it

Sorry about not being in touch more often, I thought that I'd have some free time during the holidays but I had to wait until traveling for me to actually have some me time (writing this while currently being overseas in a much warmer place)
  5. Last Sinner
    2013-01-02 03:44
    Last Sinner
    After months of not playing Catherine since I got horribly stuck on the 3rd floor of the Clock Tower (6th Night), I gave it another shot on New Years Day. 7 hours later (4 hours of that was cut scenes), I finished the game....with Katherine True Ending to boot. Ironically that was a few days after figures of Katherine and Catherine arrived.
  6. Last Sinner
    2012-12-24 20:58
    Last Sinner
  7. Arabesque
    2012-08-07 12:15
    Arabesque
    Yeah, had been catching up on a lot of things, and I think I get why you need a break from it all. I do hope it's not a permanent one, and I would really love to still see you around these parts.

Any way to stay in touch with you if you decided to to leave permanently though? I know that you have blog, but other than that ...

Quote:
    3rd part of the Clock Tower
    Oh right, I remember that being sort of a drag to get by (not really hard, but for some reason I kept on messing up on that floor). Hopefully you get past it soon, since the 4th floor has one of the bosses I really love in the game ^_^

Yeah, I also tend to swing to Katherine, and it actually bothers me a lot the way Vincent is treating her throughout the game. Catherine is pretty fun and cute and flirty and what not, but IRL, she is just the type of girl I'd ever go for. You are spot on about the type of people who act like her IRL being ''fake'', and certainly what is going on here doesn't put her in any position in Vincent heart (or at least, it shouldn't but ...). The only place she has in his life is next to his bed thus far.

Of course, in game, I sort of like Catherine just for the reactions pulls every time she shows up in his bed and generally she just seems more fun to be around (though I suspect that's because things aren't going so well with Katherine and Vincent at this point in their relationship ... mainly because Katherine is being a bit pushy and Vincent just won't grow up ... *sigh*)
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-08-05 06:48
    Last Sinner
    Had the feeling you'd be replying, so I kept checking every now and then.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm behind on everything too. But I'm watching older shows rather than catching up on last season. As for this season, Sword Art Online is the only thing watchable for me.

Stuck on the 3rd part of the Clock Tower in Catherine. And I'm still very oriented to Katherine. Catherine is cute but I don't believe a word she says and anyone who acts like her IRL is either loose or lying. People don't fall for each other like that IRL. Random sex, maybe. Claims of love - no freaking way.

Well, as you may have heard, I'm taking an extended (maybe permanent) break from here. I gain nothing positive anymore from these parts at present.

Peace and hope you enjoy catching up with things.
  9. Arabesque
    2012-08-05 02:19
    Arabesque
    It really has been huh? ^^;

I'd blame it on how hectic and chaotic my life suddenly ended up becoming these past 2 months, to the point where I really had to but a lot of things on hold. And not just things that relate to my hobbies ...

In any case, glad to hear about you finally getting that PS3 for a reasonable price And yeah, I know what you mean I still get that feeling every time I travel by train from here to anywhere else in the country, even from a direct trip to London of all places lol

So yeah, C(K)atherine ... since it's been a little more than a week since your VM (wow, how long had I been gone ...) I'm guessing you've made it a bit into the game already? If so, what are your thoughts so far? How are you progressing (and which C(K)atherine do you find yourself hitting it off with)? I'm interested in hearing about what you think about the game so far.

About everything else ... well, since I was busy these past 2 months, not have I not seen a single anime episode (shifting my already enlarged backlog from huge to terrifying status), but I have not been able to go to even the cinema to see a film (a pity since there were a lot of films I wanted to see around this time), or even managed to play any games (I kind of which I hadn't given away my DS) ... so yeah, I have got some catching up to do, at least on the news front of these

On the other hand, from reading up around here and getting an impression of what had gone on, maybe my break (if we call it that) might have been for the best at the time, even if it came as a coincidence. It does seem like things around here might have gotten a lot more heated up, and the community behavior just isn't at it's best at the moment.

Well, better play catch up with 2 months worth of content and news in a day (or a week ... I got time right?). Surely some interesting things must have gone on already ...
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-07-23 13:28
    Last Sinner
    Been a while since we last chatted.

Earlier today I finally located an affordable PS3. It required two buses each way, but thankfully the O-Bahn express line made the leg from Adelaide to Tea Tree Plaza damn fast. Was so weird being about 40-50km away from home in about 45 mins considering the first 30 mins to get from home to Adelaide only covers a bit over 10km. Just before you hit TTP and the big shopping complex they have, you suddenly realise 'Wow, there's a lot of woodlands here...and a huge lake...am I in the country already?!' Bit of a shock since I live in the coastal section of the inner suburbs. But yeah, those 40GBs were rather scarce. That was the only place that had a second-hand in the 40GB size so I had to act on it. For $128, I thought it was a decent deal. Particularly since the stores usually stock nothing smaller than 160GB these days and charge close to $300 for it.

But yeah, PS3 is finally mine, so no prizes for guessing that I FINALLY got to start playing Catherine tonight. ^^