Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 121 to 130 of 301
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-12-11 03:00
    Pocari_Sweat
    Man, the winter 2013/14 looks absolutely terrible. If you exclude fall carryovers, I'm only interested in Space Dandy at the moment.

For the love of god, please let there be sleeper surprises.
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2013-11-30 23:59
    Guardian Enzo
    Yeah, I saw. It's easy for them, probably a very high compensation-work ratio. Considering how many good shows they do that bomb (including Nagi) I certainly don't begrudge it.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-30 22:14
    Pocari_Sweat
    Btw not sure if you're aware:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_7x9Q2ZArs

I'm not exactly sure what to think about this
    PA Works needs money is what my critics mind says
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2013-11-30 19:25
    Guardian Enzo
    I knew you'd cave.
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-30 08:48
    Pocari_Sweat
    Ok I concede.

Nagi no Asu Kara is a good show. The last 4 episodes have been great. Also in hindsight, except for a eps 4-5 I think, it wasn't that bad. I was just too mad
  6. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-13 04:22
    Pocari_Sweat
    You know when we both say we like the look for PA Works better than Kyoani. I think I found the correct technical terms.

Kyoto Animation has overall the best "animation" - frames and fluidity. Beaten by Bones or I.G at times when they are at their A-game and are animating action, but usually KyoAni takes the award. PA Works though has the best overall background art, post processing, lighting and bloom effects and digital photography.

Of course I'm talking TV studios and not movies.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2013-11-10 08:30
    Guardian Enzo
    Listen to the bloopers from the last podcast - it's a thing with Xumbra (the techmaster) and the anime Amnesia, which had a scene with the heroine locked in a cage by one of the "routes". He was pretty weirded out by it and we've basically never stopped needling him (although we all loathe Amnesia to bits).
  8. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-11-10 07:25
    Pocari_Sweat
    Just in case, apologies for my somewhat "aggressive/over-enthusiastic" tone on a few of the recent posts on your blog and twitter. I can be a blunt person at times and my intention is not to ridicule or personally attack you by any means. I very much highly value your opinions as my tastes are much more in common with yours compared to the "average joe" and your LiA blog is one of my most frequented blogging sites.

You're doing a brilliant job with episodic blogging and I appreciate the work you do. I know that I won't be able to reach the level of writing capability you do, neither do I have the passion to write on a weekly basis.

I'll just admit it flatout right here that my bias and baggage surrounding Nagi no Asu Kara has me so clouded that I can't write a proper, coherent and fair post regarding it. It's gotten to a point where I should just either stop watching or stop posting.

On a completely different note, what with all these posts about "cages" on twitter and RandomC about. Is this some in-house joke I'm not getting?
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-10-28 04:38
    Pocari_Sweat
    Scratch that, after watching 4 episodes of it, Kyousogiga is my favourite of the season. Is this anime industry bloody mad? Two masterpieces in the making neck to neck season wise and a sieres that's gonna inevitably bomb so hard?

Also this is the best Kugrie role I've heard in many years.
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2013-10-27 05:35
    Guardian Enzo
    Kill la Kill has its moments, but I would certainly agree it's nothing special so far. Ultimately that makes it a disappointment.

j/k about Space Dandy, BTW!