Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > GreatTeacherKen

Notices

Conversation Between GreatTeacherKen and Miki7
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 56
  1. Miki7
    2010-08-10 18:47
    Miki7
    No, sometimes in class of Spanish portuguese play with the words. Because they're similar words that don't have the same meaning (a lot of times have an obscene meaning). But no, people normally don't ask me the obscene words. I don't use too to tell people that I know these languages unless tey ask me or if they speak about a country like England, Spain...etc. I will send you a PM, read it
  2. GreatTeacherKen
    2010-08-09 19:24
    GreatTeacherKen
    Are you good enough at Spanish to be able to have conversations with people?

I'm kind of envious of people who know so many languages like you; I always thought it'd be really fun to mess around with people or show off by switching languages rapidly or curse people in different languages.

Speaking of cursing, in high school when people asked me about Chinese the first words they wanted to learn were swear words. Do you ever get people asking you how to swear in all the languages you know?
  3. Miki7
    2010-08-09 07:03
    Miki7
    Sometimes it is...as in spanish and portuguese ( they're very similar, and a lot of times I make mistakes at home) but now I'm learning Spanish in high school, which helped me to know better the grammar and to write better =)
  4. GreatTeacherKen
    2010-08-09 05:43
    GreatTeacherKen
    Wow, you know a lot of languages! 0_0 If you get good at them you can have an advantage over a lot of people if you go into business.

Isn't it difficult switching between languages though?
  5. Miki7
    2010-08-09 04:28
    Miki7
    I don't like portugal anvery much, unless its literature. You can't find chinese teacher unless in Lisbon, I live in the South so I was lucky to find a retired teacher who was able to teach me. And yes I can speak English, speak portuguese( I was in portugual since my 3 years old) and Spanish (because I'm peruvian), in what becomes to French I studied that language for 3 years and I forgot a lot of things but I still can read and understand some things and can speak and write little bit of chinese
  6. GreatTeacherKen
    2010-08-07 16:59
    GreatTeacherKen
    Ahh I see. How is Portugal? I've never been there and don't know much about it admittedly. So can you speak Portuguese as well besides English and a little Chinese?
  7. Miki7
    2010-08-07 15:44
    Miki7
    no, still not in china, and no my chinese didn't improve very much. Here in portugal you can find chinese teachers xD
  8. GreatTeacherKen
    2010-08-05 17:34
    GreatTeacherKen
    "stayed some months without a chinese teacher"

Do you mean that you're staying in Asia right now? 0__0 I suppose your Chinese has improved radically or at least will be by the time you're done. You can watch Chinese dramas without the aid of subs. Are you used to life there now?

As for me, I've just graduated from college, but I'm sort of stuck, since I'm not entirely sure what to do next. =/
  9. Miki7
    2010-08-05 15:09
    Miki7
    Hi, yeah, long time no see. I've been very well, thank you, and you? I stayed some months without a chinese teacher, but now I already have another one, wich is much better. I have friends that I chat with them on net, writing chinese characters and all that stuff, but a lot of times I have to use the dictionary. And you what are you up to?
  10. GreatTeacherKen
    2010-08-04 22:28
    GreatTeacherKen
    It's been a while, how have you been?