Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > brightman

Notices

Conversation Between brightman and Znozzy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12
  1. brightman
    2012-01-07 19:42
    brightman
    Let's hope for the best too... According to the new Yamaguchi interview, Asem arc will aim for a broader audience by focusing on military and high school life. Hopefully he means the "broader audience" part.
  2. Znozzy
    2012-01-07 18:10
    Znozzy
    it had so much potential that sofar seems wasted, i do hope that the second generation will improve the overall quality both in writing and mecha battles :x and character development
  3. brightman
    2012-01-07 16:39
    brightman
    I think its just a poor choice of staff... It was a poor choice picking a guy like Hino to be the lead writer (a guy that many people both in Japan and outside it as a writer), then getting a newbie director who isn't able to make the script better than it is. Couple that with the decision to use character and mecha designs that frankly don't appeal to anyone in particular, and its just a mess.

Kids shows can be appealing or popular if they are well planned and well made, and AGE just isn't that well made right now, so even kids don't care about it.
  4. Znozzy
    2012-01-07 12:47
    Znozzy
    i blame it on pre-morning coffe replying, my bad. lol

It feels like they don't really know what they want to do with AGE, it seems to jump around a bit
  5. brightman
    2012-01-07 12:42
    brightman
    That's what I said in my msg
  6. Znozzy
    2012-01-07 10:52
    Znozzy
    i know, but AGE was aimed at a even younger audience, which it failed to attract
  7. brightman
    2012-01-07 08:31
    brightman
    All TV Gundam series were meant to attract younger audiences, but AGE especially. I agree though, hopefully they understand that they shouldn't try to dumb down the show to attract kids when all the previous Gundam shows attracted kids just fine without doing so.
  8. Znozzy
    2012-01-07 07:34
    Znozzy
    i wouldnt worry about the franchise as a whole, with Origins and UC 5/6 around the corner. Age was a attempt to attract a new younger audience which it obviously failed to do, hope they learn their lesson
  9. brightman
    2012-01-07 00:07
    brightman
    The ratings aren't bad enough that they will cancel it, since other nichigo shows have done worse... But it doesn't bode well for the franchise nonetheless.
  10. Znozzy
    2012-01-06 20:47
    Znozzy
    Man, with the AGE ratings dipping down so low i'm worried the show will be cancelled before we actually get to the third generation, i hope that doesnt happen